Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Mika stumbled over the teleprompter in the opening segment. Willie is back to help out with interviewing the guests. Joe blames Trump. Mika is wearing a dark blue top. Mika looks tanned today. They will probably stay in the Florida bunker until further notice.

Barnicle said that Trump has no empathy. Variety stores are being hurt. Barnicle wants the TSA & Air Traffic to shut down. This will force Trump to back down.

• Love 3

Mika stumbled over the word divorce when discussing the Brexit vote. Theresa May lost the vote by over 200 votes. Joe said the UK is in bad shape. He said it is worse than the USA.

Katty Kay said it is hard to get out of global organizations. Joe finally admitted that he went to London with Mika 2 summers ago. They had set up separate bunkers back then with Mika reporting from the empty NBC studio in London.

• Love 2

There were 8 Brady Bunch boxes set up at 7:15 a.m.. Barnicle said that Trump is doing what Putin wants.

Jeremy Bash got the VIP well lit Library. Betsy got the poorly lit library.

Joe called Trump a parrot of Putin.

Mika stumbled over the teleprompter in the opening segment

It's 8:20 and she's doing it again while she reads the report on trump's latest poll drop.  Geez Mika, you aren't reading foreign names with 25 contiguous consonants!  Stumbling while talking/reading on TV drives me nuts-- Leslie Jones on SNL can't deliver a straight line and it bugs too (i'm not perfectionistic but man, this is your job and you make a shit-ton for doing it)

edited to add: at about 7:00 Am John Meachum calls himself a dig dork (or a big geek, not sure which)  It was cute.

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 5
36 minutes ago, stormy said:

what's happened to Josh Earnest?

Would you be on this show if you didn't have to?  I heard him on West Wing Weekly podcast a while back. He's doing PR for United Airlines. They need all the help they can get. 

"dragging people off planes is bad"

35 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Geez Mika, you aren't reading foreign names with 25 contiguous consonants! 

I'm laughing at this becos on Drunk History last night they were trying to say Mary Shelley's maiden name : Mary Wollstonecraft Godwin.  And they were drunk off their asses.  Mika can't say John Doe without stumbling over it, we assume she's sober. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, teddysmom said:

we assume she's sober. 

It's always five o'clock somewhere . . . .

She was particularly off her game today but it was good to see Jonathan Capehart.  I guess he'll participate on the show if he doesn't have to share a studio with Scarborough.  Good call.

9 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe aid that Mitch is worried about a primary.

Sigh . . . poor Joe.  He doesn't have a clue about what Mitch is up to.  I will literally flatline if that is why Mitch is behaving the way he is right now.

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 2

Did they ever explain the Michael Cohen bags of money and polls story?  I turned to CNN where they covered it. February 7th is going to be must see TV.

And the award for brainless question of the day goes to Barnicle. Why don't they just have another referendum to see if voters still support Brexit.

I wish Katy had slapped him. Her answer was pretty snarky though. 

• Love 1

Been away for a while due to a work schedule  change and I see nothings changed. The Scarborough‘s are married now and still can’t sit together on set. I really hate when they have the Reagan worshiping Peggy Noonan on and then to make it worse they have these problem solving committee guys and the Republican one is saying both parties aren’t talking and compromising. Why do they let these people come on and spout BS? Also Peggy’s boobs look really low today. Maybe with Ronnie’s trickle down economics she can get a better bra. 

• Love 3

Mika & Joe are excited about Rudy Giuliani telling Cuomo that Trump's campaign colluded with Russia. Joe was gleeful. Joe even reported breaking news from his cellphone about Michael Cohen. The three hosts each have a Brady Box bunch.  Mika trashed Guiliani for not being coherent on TV.

Joe said he lost a step after the 2016 election.

• Love 1

Joe said that Pence can never run again in a GOP primary again. He is doomed. Joe wants the USA to stay in Syria. Joe said don't tell Isis that they are dead.

Joe is mad at people on twitter that are not sympathetic to the workers that were furloughed. Mika said there is no border crisis.

• Love 1

One of my least favorite, pretentious, overbearing, annoying and irritating guests is who I woke up to today...Peggy Noonan.  At least she wasn't constantly swooping her hand over her charmingly-dangling hair out of her eyes.  What made me see red (more than usual with her) was her statement about neither base willing to compromise; that the left is as much to blame as the right.  Whatever left and right are in these times.  I hate the what-about-ism I hear spouting from some politicians and guests on these shows.  I don't know why they keep bringing this old fossil on;  I say that as an old fossil myself.

• Love 12
14 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

I will literally flatline if that is why Mitch is behaving the way he is right now.

Mitch "could" be worried about that nutbag governor of KY.  

6 minutes ago, Kemper said:

One of my least favorite, pretentious, overbearing, annoying and irritating guests is who I woke up to today...Peggy Noonan.  At least she wasn't constantly swooping her hand over her charmingly-dangling hair out of her eyes.  What made me see red (more than usual with her) was her statement about neither base willing to compromise; that the left is as much to blame as the right.  Whatever left and right are in these times.  I hate the what-about-ism I hear spouting from some politicians and guests on these shows.  I don't know why they keep bringing this old fossil on;  I say that as an old fossil myself.

I was JUST coming to say, Mika loses the "could I be more pretentious" contest today to Peggy "Is there any vodka left" Noonan.  

I've got news for Drunky McNoonan, it isn't just the base of the Dem Party cheering Pelosi as she stands up to and trolls Trump. It's pretty much the whole party.   Trump said he'd shut the gov't down and own it.   And Dems are willing to talk border security as long as it's the right methods. If he would stop lying about how drugs get into the country, and his new one about women being trafficked, which even the groups that help these women are saying is complete nonsense, and just say "okay, let's talk better facilities, judges, databases, more agents, drones, DACA, and I'll open the gov't and get everyone back to work, the Dems would be there in a heart beat.

One thing Trump needs to learn is admitting you're wrong is not a sign of weakness,, it takes courage to do that.  Which he has none of.  Joe Scarborough could also use some schooling in that. 

• Love 11

Joe defended Mark Sanford for going against Trump.JJoe said Sanford is much closer to his boys now that he lost hi primary & challenged Trump. I would think his boys are more upset at their dad for leaving their mom to go after his Argentinian mistress.

• Love 3

Peggy Noonan was not happy at Gillibrand holding Colbert's hands during her annoucement for President. Peggy said they have to be serious when annoucing. Peggy said many candidates are grifter looking for attention. Joe & Mika were not ready part of that discussion. Willie had to get Peggy to back track on calling the current field grifters. she called them "outre !".

Edited by oakville
  • Love 2

Mika & Joe discussed impeachment with Yoni Applebaum. He said the Trump supporters would have to deal with impeachment.

Joe mocked o Rourke and called him Kerouac. They said he was listening to voices & looping. Mika said Looping is bad. Mika is Joe's parrot. Barnicle said Beto should stop live streaming his dental exams. Watch out Beto! The cool kids on Morning Joe don't like you.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Joe said that Pence can never run again in a GOP primary again. He is doomed. Joe wants the USA to stay in Syria. Joe said don't tell Isis that they are dead.

Joe is mad at people on twitter that are not sympathetic to the workers that were furloughed. Mika said there is no border crisis.

Joe is mad that people aren't sympathetic to the furloughed workers? He must be talking about himself and his Republican cronies. 

MSNBC has a commercial now with Ali Velshi almost in tears talking about his viewer's response to a story he covered about a furloughed worker. 

Edited by stormy
  • Love 4

What made me see red (more than usual with her) was her statement about neither base willing to compromise; that the left is as much to blame as the right. 

I'd love to hear from her exactly what she means by "compromise." What does she think the Democrats need to offer?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, stormy said:

Joe is mad that people aren't sympathetic to the furloughed workers? He must be talking about himself and his Republican cronies. 

MSNBC has a commercial now with Ali Velshi almost in tears talking about his viewer's response to a story he covered about a furloughed worker. 

Joe acknowledged that virtually everyone agrees with him about showing sympathy for the unpaid government workers. However, Joe noticed that not everyone agrees with him on twitter. How dare they!!!  Joe is the voice of the people.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe acknowledged that virtually everyone agrees with him about showing sympathy for the unpaid government workers.

How much ego does one have to have, to think "everyone" agrees with him,  instead of "I agree with all those who are sympathetic to the plight of the furloughed workers".  

Twitter just loves to troll the two of them. Also, I thought he turned off his notifications because "everyone" was too mean to him. 

What a baby. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

How much ego does one have to think everyone agrees with him, instead of "I agree with everyone". 

Twitter just loves to troll the two of them. Also, I thought he turned off his notifications becos everyone was too mean to him. 

What a baby. 

Joe has not tolerated any criticism of his behavior since 2008 .

1. He was outraged that Google continued to show search results that implicated him in the death of his intern in 2001 while he was in Congress.

2. Joe also demanded in 2017 that President Trump order the National Enquirer to stop them from reporting on Mika's divorce from her first husband. Joe has been anti Trump ever since then.

3. Joe was unhappy with Rachel Maddow's criticisms of him on Meet The Press & banned her & any discussion of her show on Morning Joe.

4. Joe did complain to MSNBC management about their programming in the afternoon during Obama's presidency as too progressive. He was able to get Toure & the other younger millenial progressives  fired & replaced with anchors more to his liking such as Chuck Todd, Hallie Jackson & Kasie Hunt. Joe also recommended that Andrea Mitchell keep her show. management agreed.

5. Joe was mad at Apple Itunes for allowing people to complain about his songs. He removed them from the Apple platform.

6. Joe was mad at the Grammys for not nominating any of his music for an award. He has boycotted the Grammys ever since his music was released.

7. Joe is still upset at the Florida GOP for not letting him run uncontested in 2010 for the US Senate. They allowed Charlie Christ & Marco Rubio to run for the GOP nomination. Mika & Joe went to Florida after the Oil spill to record several shows live. Joe & Mika walked the beaches of Pensacola together.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Eliot said:

I'd love to hear from her exactly what she means by "compromise." What does she think the Democrats need to offer?

Well, when questioned by a reporter last week, would you give him a dollar? Nancy replied, a dollar? Ok, we'll give him a dollar.

LOL

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, oakville said:

. Joe was mad at the Grammys for not nominating any of his music for an award. He has boycotted the Grammys ever since his music was released.

I boycott the Grammys every year too, ie I forget it's on and don't watch.

How the fuck does Joe boycott the Grammys? It's not like he's invited to perform. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, XOQueens said:

What did Joe have have to say about his boy (and Party savior) Mitt voting in favor of lifting sanctions on Putin’s bestie’s companies? 

Nothing. The show now ignores virtually all topics that are not Trump related. Mika & Joe do not want to have read any research reports on any topics not involved in mocking Trump. No more book reviews, or discussion of new companies like Warby Parker, raising kids, Facebook, Airport delays, problems with I Phones, airlines etc. It's 95% Trump 5 days a week. They didn't even bother to discuss Gillibrand running for President. Willie had to interview 2 panelists about her campaign. She promised to stay in the Senate for 6 years if she was re reelected. Willie was concerned about her breaking her promise. Mika & Joe don't seem to care about discussing the Democratic Primary Race.

I am surprised that Mika didn't have a segment on complaining about Trump serving fast food to the Clemson football players.

I remember watching this show in early 2008. It became very popular during the 2008 Primaries. They had guests from all the campaigns. It was very informative.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 2
52 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I boycott the Grammys every year too, ie I forget it's on and don't watch.

How the fuck does Joe boycott the Grammys? It's not like he's invited to perform. 

Joe was outraged that he was not nominated for a Grammy last year . His anti-Trump album was played many times on Morning Joe & I Tunes.. Joe felt that his music should be the anthem for Americans that were upset with Trump. He was planning a North America wide concert tour based on his expected nominations & award wins. The academy's refusal to nominate any of his songs was the last straw for Joe. He stopped all commentary of the award show & removed his music from Apple I tunes.

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, oakville said:

Nothing. The show now ignores virtually all topics that are not Trump related. Mika & Joe do not want to have read any research reports on any topics not involved in mocking Trump. No more book reviews, or discussion of new companies like Warby Parker, raising kids, Facebook, Airport delays, problems with I Phones, airlines etc. It's 95% Trump 5 days a week. They didn't even bother to discuss Gillibrand running for President. Willie had to interview 2 panelists about her campaign. She promised to stay in the Senate for 6 years if she was re reelected. Willie was concerned about her breaking her promise. Mika & Joe don't seem to care about discussing the Democratic Primary Race.

I am surprised that Mika didn't have a segment on complaining about Trump serving fast food to the Clemson football players.

I remember watching this show in early 2008. It became very popular during the 2008 Primaries. They had guests from all the campaigns. It was very informative.

You know, Claire McCaskill just signed on with MSNBC and she was on LOD last night, spilling some Senate tea, and she was awesome.  Maybe she would be a great replacement for Joe, former Congressman from a million years ago. 

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe was outraged that he was not nominated for a Grammy last year . His anti-Trump album was played many times on Morning Joe & I Tunes.. Joe felt that his music should be the anthem for Americans that were upset with Trump. He was planning a North America wide concert tour based on his expected nominations & award wins. The academy's refusal to nominate any of his songs was the last straw for Joe. He stopped all commentary of the award show & removed his music from Apple I tunes.

To the Grammys Joe = persona non grata!

• Love 1

And they yell about Trump being a delusional egomaniac. 

I did hear his appearance at the Connecticut Governor's inaugural ball is going to be made into an HBO concert special. 

Proposed title: "Get a load of this idiot". 

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, izabella said:

You know, Claire McCaskill just signed on with MSNBC and she was on LOD last night, spilling some Senate tea, and she was awesome.  Maybe she would be a great replacement for Joe, former Congressman from a million years ago. 

Joe will not leave MSNBC on his own. He always reminds viewers that he was a key member of Congress in the 1990's. Joe voted to impeach Clinton & shut down the government until Clinton agreed to balance the budget. Joe said all the government workers that were furloughed during his shutdown were happy with him because he stood up for a balanced budget. Joe said he was one of the architects of balancing the budget in the late 1990's.

Joe is also proud of getting bi partisan support to rename a post office in his district. Joe made friends with democrats during his time in Congress. Everyone was sad when he left Congress.

25 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

And they yell about Trump being a delusional egomaniac. 

I did hear his appearance at the Connecticut Governor's inaugural ball is going to be made into an HBO concert special. 

Proposed title: "Get a load of this idiot". 

I was shocked that MSNBC did not air his performance at the Inagural Ball live.

• Love 2

OMG, Mika was just reading the TelePrompTer and mentioned the “cache of documents” Mueller has.

Only she pronounced it “cashAY.”

The brain, it weeps.

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 13
16 hours ago, oakville said:

Ha! This reminded me of Trump:The Musical. They promoted the hell out of that every morning, for weeks. Libretto this, a dozen original songs that. Do they think we forget the stupid shit they say and do on this show? 

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, stormy said:

John Podhoretz. There are no words. He needs to be thrown off now forever.

A letter to the Speaker written like a spoiled child was the day trump became president?

Plus, he misidentified Trump’s CFO Weisselberg as “one of his lawyers,” thus negating his own point. What a lumpy doofus.

• Love 6

Friday :Mika is dressed in a black top today. I think it is the top she wore for the Inauguration , so it's a big day for Morning Joe.

Joe is off on an important news day ?

Mika reassured the audience that Willie & a big team was there to assist her.

The Buzzfeed story about Trump directing Cohen to lie to Congress  was the top story.

Every one on the panel was excited that Trump committed Obstruction of Justice. His impeachment would be guaranteed.

Why is Jon Podcast wearing a bright blue sweater?

NBC News could not confirm the story.

The other guy's checkerboard black & red tie is a fashion faux pas. Donny looked good. Donny is a personal friend of Cohen so he recommended not talking to Congress. He won't testify.

Friday :Mika is dressed in a black top today. I think it is the top she wore for the Inauguration , so it's a big day for Morning Joe.

Joe is off on an important news day ?

Mika reassured the audience that Willie & a big team was there to assist her.

The Buzzfeed story about Trump directing Cohen to lie to Congress  was the top story.

Every one on the panel was excited that Trump committed Obstruction of Justice. His impeachment would be guaranteed.

Why is Jon Podcast wearing a bright blue sweater?

NBC News could not confirm the story.

The other guy's checkerboard black & red tie is a fashion faux pas. Donny looked good. Donny is a personal friend of Cohen so he recommended not talking to Congress. He won't testify.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, Eliot said:

Plus, he misidentified Trump’s CFO Weisselberg as “one of his lawyers,” thus negating his own point. What a lumpy doofus.

I tuned in just in time to hear him say something about being the only person on the panel not looking to dunk on Trump.  Cookie Monster please.

I was glad to see Ted Deutsch this morning.  I've been a big fan of his since I caught the end of a segment with Tucker Carlson and he was practically hyperventilating.  Not the chump you usually book eh Tucker?  The best part was at the end Carlson was sending Ted off with a snarky wish you could stay and you hear this voice off camera saying no, I can stick around.  By this time they had pulled the cameras back out and you could see Ted scrolling through his phone and grinning at Carlson who looked like he was going to have a seizure.  Great moments in television.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, oakville said:

Peggy Noonan was not happy at Gillibrand holding Colbert's hands during her annoucement for President. Peggy said they have to be serious when annoucing. Peggy said many candidates are grifter looking for attention. Joe & Mika were not ready part of that discussion. Willie had to get Peggy to back track on calling the current field grifters. she called them "outre !".

Is this the same Peggy Noonan who thought it was delightful that they would all run around the West Wing screaming "Daddy's home!" when Marine One would be landing on the WH lawn?  I thought my jaw would leave a permanent dent in my table when she unloaded that one.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

I tuned in just in time to hear him say something about being the only person on the panel not looking to dunk on Trump.  Cookie Monster please.

I was glad to see Ted Deutsch this morning.  I've been a big fan of his since I caught the end of a segment with Tucker Carlson and he was practically hyperventilating.  Not the chump you usually book eh Tucker?  The best part was at the end Carlson was sending Ted off with a snarky wish you could stay and you hear this voice off camera saying no, I can stick around.  By this time they had pulled the cameras back out and you could see Ted scrolling through his phone and grinning at Carlson who looked like he was going to have a seizure.  Great moments in television.

I wish I had seen that! I'll have to dig up the clip.

I've been impressed with Ted Deutsch for a while. The show has booked a few really good Democratic congresspeople, and he's one of them. On the Republican side, no so much, although I was also impressed with Will Hurd last week. I might not agree with him politically, but he's smart, articulate, and did a really good job stating his case against the wall. I wish the show would book more people like them.

• Love 2

Mika said that Trump had bad lighting at the Pentagon. Mika said this was done to her as well. She said you have o be nice to lighting people in TV News.

Elise Jordan is nicely tanned. She said the military can't clap at speeches.

• Love 2

I am glad McConnell's name is being brought up more and more in this fiasco.  He doesn't get to hide in his office pointing fingers at Trump and Pelosi like he doesn't have a stake in this.  Speaking of bringing up, did they discuss pulling all of the government planes except for FLOTUS's?  That little Marie Antoinette moment needs to be splashed around a bit today as it literally costs millions to ship her down there.

4 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika said that Trump had bad lighting at the Pentagon. Mika said this was done to her as well. She said you have o be nice to lighting people in TV News.

Elise Jordan is nicely tanned. She said the military can't clap at speeches.

Thanks for posting this Oakville as this was where I tuned in this morning and wasn't sure I heard her right about that lighting.  And Elise's hair is on point today.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Eliot said:

I wish I had seen that! I'll have to dig up the clip.

I've been impressed with Ted Deutsch for a while. The show has booked a few really good Democratic congresspeople, and he's one of them. On the Republican side, no so much, although I was also impressed with Will Hurd last week. I might not agree with him politically, but he's smart, articulate, and did a really good job stating his case against the wall. I wish the show would book more people like them.

It still makes me laugh every time I think about it, hee!  I also like when they have Rep. Kinzinger on.  Hre represents the district next to mine.  I may not share all of his points of view but I very much appreciate that he doesn't hesitate to call out his team when they are out of bounds and his views sometimes when he talks about the military being politicized can be heartbreaking.

• Love 2