Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

33 minutes ago, stormy said:

Tom Nichols and Daniel Drezner this morning. Fantastic. Is there now a new competent guest booker?

I really like both these guys. Dan Drezner is great on Twitter. 

• Love 2

Holy cats, they were afraid that Nixon was going to call for tanks to surround the WH to protect him?  Goodness I love me some Meacham.  I hope the current president isn't watching MJ as he'll demand to have nuclear missle silos dug up and planted around the WH grounds.

Oh that Anand is such a card, urging people like Jeff Flake to stand up when we all know he is going to vote yes on that funding bill along with the always concerned Sasse and Rubio.

• Love 2

The vacant, expressionless face, the practiced nod, the unmoving strands of hair resting on her eyelashes, the same boring navy blue day in and day out ... is Mika auditioning to be one of those Japanese female robots?    Thank God the writers give her words like "inextricably" to fumble.   It's the only sign she's human.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, xaxat said:

I see that Joe and Mika are already back in Florida. 

What are the odds that it was a party that got them to travel to New York and not their actual job.

Based on some photos I saw on Instagram, it seems there was a Morning Joe Holiday party on Wednesday, and they hightailed it back to Florida as soon as they could afterwards. 

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, millennium said:

The vacant, expressionless face, the practiced nod, the unmoving strands of hair resting on her eyelashes, the same boring navy blue day in and day out ... is Mika auditioning to be one of those Japanese female robots?    Thank God the writers give her words like "inextricably" to fumble.   It's the only sign she's human.

This post is perfection.  Either she's a robot or a testimony to better living through pharmaceuticals.  Either way, go away.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika & Joe are fed up with Trump.

LOL it only took them three years.

Podhoretz brought up the Turkish thugs that beat up protesters in DC and pretty much got a slap on the hand. This came along with what does Erdogon have on trump?  

Edited by stormy
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika & Joe are fed up with Trump.

1 minute ago, stormy said:

LOL it only took them three years.

The one that makes me laugh is Donny Deutsch. He's known Trump for decades but now acts like Captain Renault when it comes to Trump. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, xaxat said:

The one that makes me laugh is Donny Deutsch. He's known Trump for decades but now acts like Captain Renault when it comes to Trump. 

Oh THIS^^^^^!!!!!!  Oh my goodness I have just been shedding more than a few tears over the RBG news so this unexpected laughter is more than appreciated, thank you so much!

On 12/18/2018 at 1:14 PM, teddysmom said:

Because they can tout her as "A Republican who hates Trump", and then appear to be unbiased to the base, or whoever.  Yeah she, Schmidt, Joe, all of them can go suck eggs. They trashed President Obama every chance they had. 

And I'll add Dana Milbank to that list. 

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, may flowers said:

Aymin and Yasmin have taken over. Better, of course, but unsure why. 

I only caught the last 20 minutes of the show but Joe made a huge production about how they were taking over the last hour but everything will go back to normal on Wednesday and they will be live at 6am.  So maybe they don't want to lose this gig afterall . . . . Meeks tweeting color commentary from their bedroom is just the best.  They sure do put the fun in dysfunctional (hey, I have an idea.  How about you hop out of bed, stroll down the hall, sidle up to the hubs and get some face time on camera?).  They're so kooky.

Merry Christmas everybody!  image.png.0e88b649ca1e482453c686f1ad1b917d.png

• Love 7
On 12/21/2018 at 7:10 AM, freddi said:

What is so distracting about their separate screens is that everyone is looking straight ahead like hostages instead of having a human conversation that involves interaction.  

Yes!   That's what bugs me so much - only I couldn't figure out what it was.    Thank you.   I hate the Brady Bunch box of heads but could not articulate why I hated it.  You are right; no-on-one interaction.   They just all take turns yakking when they think somebody else has finished.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Hey, how's your retirement coming?  You should be winding down about now yes?  We miss your recaps my friend!

My last day at work is December 28. I am going to try to recap the show beginning in January. It's so weird now with Mika & Joe in fake bunkers in Florida.

• Love 4

Well I missed the first five minutes but it looks like Meeks is sleeping in again and Joe's running the ship.  Actually Joe is running the rowboat because there are like five people there today.  Joe's reminiscing about the good ole days when he was part of the fiscal conservatives and maybe they didn't do things quite right but they meant well.  Looks like Joe got another case of revisionism for Christmas.

• Love 6

The second half hour of the show is spent reading and discussing various editorials written by conservative columnists.

All the boxes are whining. As usual they don't understand how Christian conservatives and Evangelicals can continue to support this unmoral man except that judges are their drug of choice.

Kristin Soltis Anderson says if the economy cracks or stock market continues to tank, they'll walk. Yeah.

Joe didn't let Eugene Robinson talk during the segment. LOL  JMO he's probably like me and sick of their fake complaining.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Well I missed the first five minutes but it looks like Meeks is sleeping in again and Joe's running the ship.  Actually Joe is running the rowboat because there are like five people there today.  Joe's reminiscing about the good ole days when he was part of the fiscal conservatives and maybe they didn't do things quite right but they meant well.  Looks like Joe got another case of revisionism for Christmas.

It would be fun if Mika walked into Joe's Bunker by accident on her way to the bathroom or kitchen. They should play "Glory Days" when Joe talks about his days in Congress.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, oakville said:

It would be fun if Mika walked into Joe's Bunker by accident on her way to the bathroom or kitchen. They should play "Glory Days" when Joe talks about his days in Congress.

Probably the best laugh I will have all day!

I missed the first maybe hour and a half of the show; tuned in just to hear Joe's long bloviate about the state of affairs.  Which we have heard before...lots.  This was probably a rerun of the first hour.  Tuned back in (Mr. Kemper had made creamy cheese and grits) to see the three ex-financial guys (Paulson, Bernanke and Tim ...) which was a wonderful, informative discussion about the last financial crises.  And it seems Joe let them talk!  I think HBO is doing a special on the whole thing; hope it isn't that awful news organization with the smarmy Jonathan Swan.  Is that his name.  Then.

The last five minutes or so were tuned over to Meeeeekkka for a KYV plug and interview with ... maybe Kasie Hunt?  Grabbed the remote.  Meeka's hair looked horrible, she looked washed out.  Maybe this is what she looks like when she goes "natural" and does her own makeup.  Catty, mean-spirited and shallow, that is me this morning.  Cannot stand her; times 100.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Kemper said:

The last five minutes or so were tuned over to Meeeeekkka for a KYV plug and interview with ... maybe Kasie Hunt?  Grabbed the remote.  Meeka's hair looked horrible, she looked washed out.  Maybe this is what she looks like when she goes "natural" and does her own makeup.  Catty, mean-spirited and shallow, that is me this morning.  Cannot stand her; times 100.

So she did wander in on her way to the kitchen. Fun!

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

She should have married Joe earlier. She’s been out-of-bunker for around 75 days this year. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, stormy said:

The second half hour of the show is spent reading and discussing various editorials written by conservative columnists.

All the boxes are whining. As usual they don't understand how Christian conservatives and Evangelicals can continue to support this unmoral man except that judges are their drug of choice.

It was definitely Evangelical hour and then when Jane Harmon burst in with how great it was under Reagan I went scrambling for the remote.  Good grief enough already!  Nothing I like better than listening/being lectured to be a group of people with (for some) multiple divorces (isn't there something etched in stone about that?).  Blech.

2 hours ago, Kemper said:

Tuned back in (Mr. Kemper had made creamy cheese and grits) to see the three ex-financial guys (Paulson, Bernanke and Tim ...) which was a wonderful, informative discussion about the last financial crises.  And it seems Joe let them talk! 

I did catch some of this discussion and was sorry I missed the rest of it.  I was especially chilled by what Bernacke said at the end of the discussion when he said the problem with history is that people keep forgetting it and then mentioned the rules that were put in place after the collapse were there for a reason (and of course we had to "loosen" them a bit).  Sigh.

• Love 2

Joe going to a break this morning:  we'll return with MJ Brady Bunch style.

Just now, may flowers said:

Joe actually just said “...when Morning Joe Brady Bunch style returns.”  I appreciate the awareness - not that anything will change. 

I thought that was pretty funny.  Wonder, who's Joe listening to?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, cased said:

Who is on the show today? Is it just Joe, or both Joe and Mika? I am away from home and unable to watch the last couple of days. 

I only saw Joe. He made a snarky comment about doing the show "Brady Bunch style" which would have been amusing if I'd thought there was any ounce of remorse attached.

• Love 3

Joe was mad at Trump for asking NATO allies to contribute more to their defence budgets. Joe forgot that he used to agree with Trump about that issue. It was nice to see Amman Mohaddin on the show. 

Joe is mad at Trump for supporting Saudi Arabia.

• Love 1
On 12/26/2018 at 8:23 AM, millennium said:

The Charles Krauthammer laurels were hard to take.   I remember his columns during Dubya's presidency.   I will not be shedding tears.

When he died Kasie Hunt was very upset, as she "grew up reading his columns". WTF  

• Love 3

I only saw the first few minutes this morning, basically wanted to see if Mika  was back. 

If Joe is being so snarky about the Brady Bunch set up, why doesn't he do something about it?  Get your ass to NYC and be on set. I wonder if guests are complaining about it.  When Willie isn't there to at least act as an on set anchor/host. 

Why all of a sudden do they have to be in FL 24/7?  

I think Mika's the one who doesn't want to do the show any more.  I saw her promoting KYV with someone on twitter the last day or so, Wake up ladies, this is nothing but the bullshit con artist equivalent of Gwyneth Paltrow's vagina eggs. 

• Love 8
39 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Oakville, it will be nice to get back to the Good Ole' Days when you recapped and we all faithfully posted  every day. (cue some nice homey music with a harmonica)

Amen!

8 hours ago, Eliot said:

I only saw Joe. He made a snarky comment about doing the show "Brady Bunch style" which would have been amusing if I'd thought there was any ounce of remorse attached.

Meeks posted a picture of Emilie and her dog on Instagram and people were asking if they were still interested in doing the show because of the dual locations (saying the same things we do) so now it's clear they are aware that folks aren't loving the Brady Bunch set up.  He can smirk all he wants, I didn't see MJ mentioned in all the good ratings news MSNBC posted this week.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Oakville, it will be nice to get back to the Good Ole' Days when you recapped and we all faithfully posted  every day. (cue some nice homey music with a harmonica)

Thanks!. I hope I can stomach more than 30 minutes of Brady Bunch Morning Joe. I love the Brady Bunch but Joe is no Mike Brady.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I think Mika's the one who doesn't want to do the show any more.

You're probably right.  She hardly ever contributes anything to discussions, and never anything of value.  Plus she's accomplished the mission:  Married the bo$$.  In her mind, what's the point now.

• Love 4

What on God's green earth is he droning on about today?  I walked out of the room and he was rattling off what sounded like his Festivus grievances (after sharking they weren't going to do a year end review like everybody else) and I walk back in to a discussion about the Bolsheviks and Churchill.  Too much for a Friday, have a good weekend everybody!

• Love 7

MJ just had Caitlin Dickerson of the New York Times on to discuss the situation at the southern border.  A very pretty young woman.   I have noticed many if not most of the female reporters who guest on the news channels as representatives of print/internet media outlets are quite attractive.   CNN has Olivia Nuzzi (New York Magazine), Rebecca Berg (RealClearPolitics) and many others.   Has physical attractiveness become a prerequisite of being hired by these non-TV outlets?  In addition to being a skilled reporter?   Because rarely if ever do you see a plain-looking female reporter show up to represent her newspaper/magazine/website.  Do they keep those women hidden?   Or do they just not get hired?   I can understand lookism permeating the broadcast news business but print and web media too? 

• Love 2