Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Mika is wearing a black top today. Joe is mad at Trump & Lindsay Graham. There is no national emergency. Joe is mad at the GOP for following Trump. Joe said the courts will overrule Trump. Joe said Trump is a loser who blew his $200M inheritance.

• Love 4

Today's new buzz phrase from Joe. "Madisonian Democracy".

What the hell does that mean? I'll have to Google.

Joe called trump a spoiled brat. And basically said Nancy Pelosi has balls. :)

Edited to add: Madisonian Democracy is just a fancy way of saying we have three separate branches of government.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 2

My sister texted me that Heileman flipped off someone on the panel. Was it Rick Tyler? She said Mika kinda laughed when it happened. 

Kamala Harris was pretty impressive.  Would have been nice if the hosts could have stayed in NY for a day to talk to a US Senator running for President. 

• Love 4

Joe was also very mad that that the National Enquirer published the lewd text messages of Jeff Bezos with his mistress while he was married to his wife. Joe blamed Trump for encouraging the hit piece on Bezos. Joe said that they tried to after Mika in 2017 but Joe protected her by speaking to Jared Kushner. Joe recommended having spouses sign non disclosure agreements before getting separated.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe was also very mad that that the National Enquirer published the lewd text messages of Jeff Bezos with his mistress while he was married to his wife. Joe blamed Trump for encouraging the hit piece on Bezos. Joe said that they tried to after Mika in 2017 but Joe protected her by speaking to Jared Kushner. Joe recommended having spouses sign non disclosure agreements before getting separated.

Well Joe would be the expert on having public affairs, wouldn't he.  Mika has Know Your Value, Joe has "How To Get Divorced for Rich Dummies". 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, oakville said:

I enjoyed the interview with Senator Kamala Harris. Joe was not disruptive & joked about reading her 2 books. Mika kept the focus on people reading her books. She was very engaged in the interview.

I'm so sorry that I missed the segment with Senator Harris.  I was flipping back and forth between this show and my local news station.  However, at around 8:30 when they started their ode to Ronald Reagan, I shut the TV off and headed out the door.  

I get Joe's anger with his party, I even understand Mika's cautionary screed to the mainstream media about giving Trump access to all the networks.  But Joe and Mika's studied and deliberate lack of self-awareness reeks.  

• Love 1
6 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Kamala Harris was pretty impressive.  Would have been nice if the hosts could have stayed in NY for a day to talk to a US Senator running for President. 

I missed MJ this morning Senator Harris was also on Stephen Colbert's show last night, she seemed kind of nervous.   I wasn't that impressed but I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities for me to check her out again.   

5 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe recommended having spouses sign non disclosure agreements before getting separated.

😂 Did he really? He’s really worried about Mrs Scarborough I and Mrs Scarborough II dishing all his dirt, isn’t he.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, may flowers said:

They didn’t even stay in the NE long enough to host the show. They’re back in bunkers and Mika is back to making strange sounds or saying stray words when not on camera. 

I agree. You would think they could stay in the area long enough do do the Friday show, especially since Kamella Harris was an in-studio guest.

Monday Recap. Joe is mad at Trump. Trump should not take the interpreters notes at meetings with Putin. Mika is very flustered today & muttering  while Joe interviews the reporter. Haas cannot defend Trump's policy on Russia. Joe is happy that the GOP has put sanctions on Russia but Trump is trying to give a break of one of Putin's oligarchs.

Joe was mad that Ignatius defended Trump for complaining about Obama being weak on Russia. Joe gets mad when his talking points are contradicted.

Joe said he was mad at Trump for not being tough on Russia.

Mika kept sighing throughout the segment.

Mika said there are many important stories to cover today.

• Love 4

Mika was mad at the Trump lackey who said that the government employees are getting a free vacation. It's not a paid vacation. Mika is really frustrated at Trump. She wants back pay for the contractors

Mika did not know what a carnival barker was.

Jeff Goldberg wrote about 50 things Trump did that are unthinkable.

Joe is still mad at Trump for having private meetings with Putin.

• Love 3

Tom Nichols said Trump is compromised by Russia. Joe started talking about Led zeppelin for some reason.

Mika wanted to play more clips of Trump's bizarre interview on Fox News.

Willie was off , so the studio guests in NY had to talk to the screen. There are guests in several locations.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 4

There is no squirming your way out of kissing trump's ass and fawning over him in 2015-16 Mika and Joe.

I only got the impression that Joe, Mika and Ignatius were frustrated not that they're angry at what's happening every day.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 4

Why is everyone so shocked about this investigation? Or that Trump is hiding something?  I thought JoMika were in the know on all things Trump. 

The whole MSM is SHOCKED that Trump could be working actively for Russia. Jesus Fucking Christ, where have you all been?  Of course he is. 

And I loved the selective memory loss on Obama's history with Russia and Syria. 

Here you go Joe. Read this. https://www.brookings.edu/articles/u-s-russia-relations-in-the-second-obama-administration/

He seems to forget how much Putin hated Clinton. She wasn't acting on her own. She was SoS acting on direction of the President.  

And as far as Syria, Obama did issue executive orders, and drew a line in the sand. And the Republican held Congress went batshit. So he said, okay, you want me to do something, give me authorization and we'll do it. And of course, they sat on their hands because it's easier to do nothing and blame Obama than to work with him. 

• Love 17

I don't believe the WaPo unearthed this story without Mueller knowing about it and maybe even interviewing the interpreter a long time ago.

Like Mueller's going to wait around till newspaper reporters crack the story? I'm not buying that.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, stormy said:

I don't believe the WaPo unearthed this story without Mueller knowing about it and maybe even interviewing the interpreter a long time ago.

Like Mueller's going to wait around till newspaper reporters crack the story? I'm not buying that.

FBI turned this over to Mueller. I'd bet a paycheck he's talked to interpreter. Media would do themselves a favor to stop believing they have info he doesn't. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Why is everyone so shocked about this investigation? Or that Trump is hiding something?  I thought JoMika were in the know on all things Trump. 

The whole MSM is SHOCKED that Trump could be working actively for Russia. Jesus Fucking Christ, where have you all been?  Of course he is. 

And I loved the selective memory loss on Obama's history with Russia and Syria. 

Here you go Joe. Read this. https://www.brookings.edu/articles/u-s-russia-relations-in-the-second-obama-administration/

He seems to forget how much Putin hated Clinton. She wasn't acting on her own. She was SoS acting on direction of the President.  

And as far as Syria, Obama did issue executive orders, and drew a line in the sand. And the Republican held Congress went batshit. So he said, okay, you want me to do something, give me authorization and we'll do it. And of course, they sat on their hands because it's easier to do nothing and blame Obama than to work with him. 

You are so right.  The last couple of weeks, people seemed so shocked and upset. I keep saying to my husband, didn't we know this already?  We already knew that Trump was meeting with Putin on his own without his staff. 

Over the last couple of weeks, Joe also again worked into the conversation that Trump was a Democrat first.  I have commented on this before that Mr Trump Opportunist did not get into office as a Democrat.  Perhaps I should ignore his comments but every time he says it, I want to throw something at the TV.  Am I missing something?  Is there some reason Joe keeps making these statements? 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, madfortv said:

You are so right.  The last couple of weeks, people seemed so shocked and upset. I keep saying to my husband, didn't we know this already?  We already knew that Trump was meeting with Putin on his own without his staff. 

Over the last couple of weeks, Joe also again worked into the conversation that Trump was a Democrat first.  I have commented on this before that Mr Trump Opportunist did not get into office as a Democrat.  Perhaps I should ignore his comments but every time he says it, I want to throw something at the TV.  Am I missing something?  Is there some reason Joe keeps making these statements? 

This is what I find funny. Because now trump is the leader of the Republican party. He's not a republican. He hijacked the party that he knew he could and some have abandoned the Republican party like rats fleeing a sinking ship. Joe?

• Love 4

Are they never going to sit together on the set again?  I am so tired of looking at the split screen and the two co-hosts staring at the camera like hostages instead of interacting with each other.  

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, freddi said:

Are they never going to sit together on the set again?  I am so tired of looking at the split screen and the two co-hosts staring at the camera like hostages instead of interacting with each other.  

I'm afraid we're stuck with them as it appears Andy Lack lives to see another day at NBC.

This morning I kept waiting for them to play the clip of Kristin Welker shouting at Trump "Are you working with the Russians or not, yes or no?" and when they finally play it Joe screws up her name three times.  If it was their beloved Kasie they would have had new graphics/theme song to accompany the clip.

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, MMEButterfly said:

So has Sen. McCaskill joined as a regular? I've always liked her on MJ.

I was just thinking that maybe this is a mini-audition for becoming a commentator on MSNBC.  I’ve always enjoyed her perspective on the evening shows.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, freddi said:

I was just thinking that maybe this is a mini-audition for becoming a commentator on MSNBC.  I’ve always enjoyed her perspective on the evening shows.

Mika also named her as an Ambassador for her Know Your Value campaign!

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, oakville said:

But McCaskill... lost. And then said she didn’t understand the appeal of the younger freshmen lawmakers (younger, progressive, WOC...). Interesting choice of Ambassador. Fits, though.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, freddi said:

They said this morning that she is officially an MSNBC commentator. 

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, oakville said:

I noticed McCaskill left that honor right where Meeks flung it.  She made zero attempt to acknowledge it at all.

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, oakville said:
1 hour ago, freddi said:

Blech. After her display of bitterness toward AOC, she can go away.  Or have her grand kid show her how the Twitter works. 

Today's History lesson for Joe:  

NATO was NOT formed after the Cold War, Joe, as you so proudly claimed in the first five minutes today.  The Cold War ended in 1991, NATO was formed in 1949. It is an alliance of countries who pledge to support each other if attacked. Russia was probably one of the countries NATO had on its radar, but the motto isn't NATO vs Russia, as NATO countries have supported each other thru several situations up to and including the Sept 11 attacks. 

FFS any high school junior who studied US History and WWII knows this shit you jackass. 

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

But McCaskill... lost. And then said she didn’t understand the appeal of the younger freshmen lawmakers (younger, progressive, WOC...). Interesting choice of Ambassador. Fits, though.

Well that was classy.  Wow.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Claire has been a long time friend of the show. Joe used to like talking baseball with her. I am shocked that they didn't have her on show more often last fall during the campaign.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Blech. After her display of bitterness toward AOC, she can go away.  Or have her grand kid show her how the Twitter works. 

Today's History lesson for Joe:  

NATO was NOT formed after the Cold War, Joe, as you so proudly claimed in the first five minutes today.  The Cold War ended in 1991, NATO was formed in 1949. It is an alliance of countries who pledge to support each other if attacked. Russia was probably one of the countries NATO had on its radar, but the motto isn't NATO vs Russia, as NATO countries have supported each other thru several situations up to and including the Sept 11 attacks. 

FFS any high school junior who studied US History and WWII knows this shit you jackass. 

So true!. It's funny how pro NATO & UN , Joe is now. Joe forgot to tell the audience that he sponsored a bill when he was in Congress to reduce the USA's contribution to the UN.

Joe is so much more progressive now. He mocks the GOP , but forgets that he was just like them during his political career.

Mika's Know Your Value campaign still makes me laugh.

• Love 4

Joe must have had a rough night. First he can't remember Kristen Welker's name. Mika has to correct him. Then his NATO blunder. No one corrected him. Wonder why.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Andy Lack lives to see another day at NBC.

I just read he got a "demotion" altho they're trying to down play it. He will have more supervision in his role at NBC News, and he's not the head of it any more.  

Maybe the new guy will pay attention to the complaints about this clusterfuck and make them decide, it's the show or Florida. 

MSNBC has hired a ton of people lately, Morning Joe's glory days are in the rear view mirror.  You can't talk about them on social media or in the MSM without the Trump ass kissing being brought up. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

I just read he got a "demotion" altho they're trying to down play it. He will have more supervision in his role at NBC News, and he's not the head of it any more.  

Maybe the new guy will pay attention to the complaints about this clusterfuck and make them decide, it's the show or Florida. 

MSNBC has hired a ton of people lately, Morning Joe's glory days are in the rear view mirror.  You can't talk about them on social media or in the MSM without the Trump ass kissing being brought up. 

Hee, I was just coming to post this from Mediaite:

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/did-nbc-news-chairman-andy-lack-just-get-demoted/

It wouldn't break my heart if he decides to "retire" soon and take those two with him.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I thought that it was Phil Griffin who was the big proponent of Morning Joe, and Andy Lack came along much later. I'm not an expert in these things, and I could be wrong, but that's what I thought.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

That could be because MSNBC is seeing more viewers overall, and that Joe & Mika are off more often than not. 

When Oakville posted the ratings last week, I was surprised how low Fox and Friends was compared to how it used to be. That particular day, one of the F&F hours was actually below MJ in total viewers, and that never used to be the case (I still don't know why they report F&F and New Day by individual hours, and MJ as a single 3 hour show - it makes them harder to compare).

CNN drop is probably related to losing Chris Cuomo in that slot.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, cased said:

I thought that it was Phil Griffin who was the big proponent of Morning Joe, and Andy Lack came along much later. I'm not an expert in these things, and I could be wrong, but that's what I thought.

Griffin was a big Scarborough fan, and Lack is an ultra conservative, he wanted to bring network back to its Michael Savage, Tucker Carlson heyday. 

He was the genius behind Greta Van Susteren, Hugh Hewitt and Megyn "Santa's White!!!" Kelly. 

You can see why he's been reined in. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, XOQueens said:

And then said she didn’t understand the appeal of the younger freshmen lawmakers (younger, progressive, WOC...).

I think her comment meant she didn't care about the appeal of the new fresh face being all sassy in social media.  She said it's meaningless, and it is meaningless.  That AOC actually has to do work to earn respect, because, that's the job.  Being woke AF and snapping back isn't the job.  It may not be fun, but none of this was meant to be part of the entertainment industry.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Being woke AF and snapping back isn't the job.  It may not be fun, but none of this was meant to be part of the entertainment industry.

I wish you could go to the Hill and say exactly that to the freshman class.  Because they need to hear it. 

• Love 3

They had on a ton of elected officials this morning for the first time in forever.  The conservative guy from Illinois seemed to be even keeled and clear eyed about Trump and the shut down.
They were probably all on because there were already aggregated in one place for the confirmation hearing.  But it makes for interesting programming... better than listening to Barnicle being Barnicle anyway.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Landsnark said:

I think her comment meant she didn't care about the appeal of the new fresh face being all sassy in social media.  She said it's meaningless, and it is meaningless.  That AOC actually has to do work to earn respect, because, that's the job.  Being woke AF and snapping back isn't the job.  It may not be fun, but none of this was meant to be part of the entertainment industry.

[ETA I just deleted a lot because I have no idea what we can post or where we can post anymore lol]

My original issue was with Mika’s recent KYV knighthood given Mika’s recent insistence she’s a progressive and her alignment of KYV with progressive issues. CM is CM, she’s always been quite clear on where she is; my issue was with Mika flopping around like a fish on land. 

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Landsnark said:

They had on a ton of elected officials this morning for the first time in forever.  The conservative guy from Illinois seemed to be even keeled and clear eyed about Trump and the shut down.
They were probably all on because there were already aggregated in one place for the confirmation hearing.  But it makes for interesting programming... better than listening to Barnicle being Barnicle anyway.

I wonder how Morning Joe will try to cover the Democratic Primary for President? Can they stay in the bunker till November 2020?

Mika & Joe didn't cover Tulsi Gabbard or Castro' announcements that they were running for President.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 1