Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

"Eliot" ...  I thought I was the only one who noticed the "cachet" for "cache" gaffe from Ms. Meeka Golddust.  The really sad/funny thing is that she probably doesn't know the difference.  Her father must spin sometimes at her behavior.  

The guests on this show are so much better than the hosts.

• Love 6

Mika disappeared during the Castro segment. Castro seems to be friendly. He wants to repair the alliances that Trump is testing.

Castro did not support Obama deporting illegal immigrant. It was too tough at the beginning.

Donny wants Castro to solve the shutdown.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Eliot said:

Only she pronounced it “cashAY.”

She's confusing it with "cachet" which usually refers to status, respect, etc, of which she has neither. 

6 hours ago, stormy said:

John Podhoretz. There are no words. He needs to be thrown off now forever.

He and Mika must have hit the same sale at TJ Maxx. He bought every old Ralph Lauren cable knit sweater he could find, she cleaned out the DKNY black 3/4 sleeve blouses. 

5 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Peggy said many candidates are grifter looking for attention.

Well as a grifter who's been looking for attention since Daddy left office, she would know. 

Edited by teddysmom
grammar
  • Love 8

Yup, I caught Meek-a's cache mispronunciation too.  Jeezus, didn't she go to an elite private high school?  Didn't she go to Williams College?   Doesn't she come from a well-educated, well-read, mover/shaker family?   I went to high school; I live in the semi-boonies of Western MA.  Come from a solid middle class family.   But I read.  And I don't sleep with Joe Scarborough.   So even I know how to pronounce that word.  

• Love 5

I wonder if Mika has a better Teleprompter in NY or Washington rather than in Florida? She makes more mistakes reading the Tele Prompter now than she ever did over the past 10 years. Perhaps she needs new glasses?

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, oakville said:

I wonder if Mika has a better Teleprompter in NY or Washington rather than in Florida? She makes more mistakes reading the Tele Prompter now than she ever did over the past 10 years. Perhaps she needs new glasses?

I'm starting to think she either got Botox around her mouth and can't talk, or she's on anti depressants or something. She just seems a little out of it, and her appearance is that of someone who DGAF.  

• Love 8
12 hours ago, oakville said:

Perhaps she needs new glasses?

Or a new job.

Or to stay home and play with her pig.

Or to take a look at the script before going on air so she stops making a fool of herself.  (I know; too late for that).

• Love 7
On 1/20/2017 at 8:14 AM, oakville said:

Happy Inauguration Day! Friday recap. Mika is wearing Jeans & a navy blue top. Joe is wearing a navy fleece. Mika is wearing a webbed scarf. Kasie Hunt is wearing one of Mika's scarves. Katy Tur is on the set. They are in a bar called the Dubliner. Joe started the show with a prepared rant on the importance of the peaceful transition of power.

Joe said Trump was a big arrogant guy from Queens who took on the Manhattan elite. Joe said the forgotten Americans rebelled against Palm Beach elites. 

Mika called Trump a branding genius.

Robert Costa said that Trump is not a true Republican.

Joe said Trump talks to World leaders differently than he tweets.

Joe said that expectations were too high for Obama.

Mika said people should stop laughing at Trump.

Joe said reporters should go to Staten Island and stop tweeting or googling from Manhattan. 

Costa said reporters should visit rural America.

Katy Tur said that NBC assigned her to Trump because he had no chance of winning. Katy said she had no political experience.

Mika said that Rick Perry and his wife were very likeable.

Joe bragged that he had dinner last night with an ambassador from Europe. Mika's brother.?

He said that Europeans are worried about Trump but they will give him a chance.

Joe was surprised that Trump got away with attacking the Pope, John McCain, Jeb Bush.

Kasie said she wasn't quick to pick up Trump popularity. There were big crowds at his rallies.

Tom Cotton said that Putin has been a cold warrior since he was born. He wants to get tough on Russia.

joe wants to know why the USA carries the load for Europe. It weakens the USA economically.

What a difference 2 years makes! Mika & Joe 's opinion of Trump has changed.

• Love 4
On 1/24/2017 at 7:36 AM, oakville said:

Joe will be sleeping on the couch tonight. Joe went on a rant against Saturdays women's march for not allowing pro life women to speak at the rally. Mika shrugged and Joe told her to stop shrugging.. Joe said no Swing voters in Iowa will change their minds based on that rally. Mika got mad and was mad at Joe. Mika said women were united and didn't likqeq Madonna shouting f bombs. Donnid defended Mika.

joe said that trumps Inauguration was a primal scream. No Democrats would be happy with that.

joe said Trump was gaining union support against the TPP. Joe said that Trump is showing the Midwest that he cares about unions. Joe said that fair trade is good.

mika is wearing a maroon sweater. No scarf.Joe started the show with a light blue sweater but switched to. A navy sweater at 630. Sweater watch continues.

joe and Mika were happy with the spicer press conference yesterday.

joe is mad about the newspaper articles focusing on the crowd size of the inauguration

the panel is worried about Trumps temperement

Joe's view on the Women's March in 2017

• Love 4
On 1/31/2017 at 7:21 AM, oakville said:

Tuesday Recap. Angry Joe is back. Mika & Joe started the show without Joe or Mika saying anything after a clip of Trump calling Shumer Fake Tears. It was awkward. Joe went on a tirade against Stephen Miller who is running the government. According to Joe, Miller & some millenial staffers drafted the Rxecutive Orders without telling Mad Dog, Kelly, Homeland Security or anyone . Trump signed the papers anyway. Joe's focus group of family & friends support Trump. They don't like the media for attacking Trump. Joe said the White House is in chaos. They have to tell Corker & others what is going on.

Barnicle said the terrorists don't come from the 7 countries that are on the travel ban list.

Kasie is wearing one of Mika's sleeveless tops.

Joe is wearing a navy sweater. Mika is also wearing a navy sweater. No carf today.

Joe had breakfast & dinner with key Democratic Senators.

Joe said the GOP senators like McCain, Sasse & Miss Lindsey could revolt against Trump and stop him. Joe said Joe Mancin may no longer support Trump.

Joe is now mocking Miller & calling him Little Miller. Joe has a vendetta against Miller.

Joe was blaming Stephen Miller for Trump signing EO's early in his Presidency. Miller is still there despite being Joe's wanting him fired.

• Love 2
On 2/15/2017 at 8:48 AM, oakville said:

I figured out why Mika & Joe are so 

mad today at Trump. Trump tweeted at 640 am that fox and friends was the only watchable show in the morning. Joe lost his favorite viewer. 

Mika & Joe became very angry with Trump in Feb 2017 as opposed to his staff when Trump switched his tv viewing habits.

3 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Tuned in to hear about Kamala Harris announcing a presidential run.  Within 30 seconds, Meeka mentioned something about her (Meeka's) KYV influence.  

Oh good god, seriously?  I missed that.   Well, if she's taking credit for Harris' run, then she has to also take responsibility for Trump's victory, since MJ had him on practically every damn day in 2016.   Yeah, as to that KYV 'influence' -- Kamala was such a shrinking violet until Meek-a schooled her.  Riiiiiiight.

• Love 7

Monday recap. Joe is off sick. Mika & there are 5 other panelists in Brady Bunch Boxes. It was a nice gesture to invite Al Sharpton for MLK day.

Mika said that Trump won't get his wall. The Democrats are firmly opposed to giving Trump a win. The laid off workers are suffering.

• Love 1

Mika showed the clip of Gillibrand trying to defend her views on immigration in 2008. She wanted to deport illegal aliens.  Mika said "wow" at the tough questions. Mika mispronounced Al Sharprton's name. She called him Rev Aww.  Sharpton said that the Democrat Presidential hopefuls will attend National Action Network events.

Trump & Pence are ignoring MLK day with no scheduled events.

Heidi said that there are no frontrunners. Heidi wore a dark purple top . Mika is still wearing her dark tops.

• Love 1

Let's face it, Joe & Mika would have OJ Simpson on if he said he hated Trump. 

Kamala merely appeared at Mika's KYV thing in San Francisco.  She had absolutely nothing to do with her decision to run.   Was Mika around when she was DA for San Francisco County? Or became AG of California? 

Just like with Trump, they are going to try to hitch their wagons to someone running for President. Kamala needs their advice like I need another hole in my head. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Stormy I tuned in just in time for his rant.  Holy hell, wtf?????  And the one thing she would like to discuss further is his agreeing to pull out of NATO?  There was nothing else he said that was . . . . odd?  Yikes.

It's the least they could do after that asshat statement Pence made yesterday.

Yeah, Stockman was a the brains behind Reganomics. Thank you.

His NATO theroy caused Mika to jump in a question him. That was her reason for telling him to come back and discuss.

He's so disingenuous, I was surprised he wasn't wearing a MAGA hat

• Love 1
1 minute ago, stormy said:

Yeah, Stockman was a the brains behind Reganomics. Thank you.

His NATO theroy caused Mika to jump in a question him. That was her reason for telling him to come back and discuss.

He's so disingenuous, I was surprised he wasn't wearing a MAGA hat

I'm surprised he wasn't wearing a straightjacket and a gag with a hypodermic syringe containing Thorazine sticking out of his neck.  Yikes.

• Love 1

David Stockman was a guest!. I remember when he left the Reagan administration in the early 80's. Mika said Yikes ! when he went on a rant about the debt ceiling. I wonder if he is related to Joe?. Aren't those long rants genetic?

Stockman started ranting about getting out of Nato. He wants Germany to spend more on defence.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, oakville said:

David Stockman was a guest!. I remember when he left the Reagan administration in the early 80's. Mika said Yikes ! when he went on a rant about the debt ceiling. I wonder if he is related to Joe?. Aren't those long rants genetic?

Stockman started ranting about getting out of Nato. He wants Germany to spend more on defence.

Not to worry oakville, Stockman says Germany will defend against Russa if they March through the Brandenburg Gate!

• Love 2
7 hours ago, stormy said:

Joe called in sick today.

No one on the panel this morning seems to see the irony that the great negotiator has managed to bring Nancy Pelosi and Ann Coulter together. :)

It's a new year, so they have a fresh new slate of "sick days," "vacation days," "on assignment days," "snow days," "mental health days," "morning after days," "viewer unappreciation days," etc.

What is with Mika's obsessive adherence to navy blue?   That one navy blue shirt she wears is starting to remind me of a communist uniform.

• Love 6

Audashious?

Guess Mika was rushing to get to the part where she attributes the surge of women in politics to them "knowing their value."

Susan Delpercio looks very nice in red.   Comrade Mika should take notes.

Audashious?

Guess Mika was rushing to get to the part where she attributes the surge of women in politics to them "knowing their value."

Susan Delpercio looks very nice in red.   Comrade Mika should take notes.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 6
59 minutes ago, stormy said:

6:20  Mika gives us a KYV lecture, including a KYV chyron posted below her.  Followed by a KYV ad.  

The lack of self-awareness never fails to amaze, and amuse. She reeks of desperation. 

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, suomi said:

The lack of self-awareness never fails to amaze, and amuse. She reeks of desperation. 

Perhaps year-end sales figures didn't live up to expectations.   The downside of knowing your value.

• Love 3

Mika did wear a red top under her black blazer today. It seems that she is trying to respond to the nationwide distress over her wardrobe transition.

Giuliani's comments got first issue. Willie showed up as a co host.

Susan Del Percio said that Giuliani was much better prepared when she worked for him as a mayor.

Mika is frustrated with the shutdown.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, suomi said:

True!. I wonder if Mika will offer the unpaid federal workers discounts to her KYV seminars. ?

• Love 2

I'm sure Kamala Harris, Kirsten G, and Elizabeth Warren all thought about Know Your Value before they decided to run. 

Anyone else notice Mika is so desperate she actually said something nice about Hillary Clinton this morning. 

How sick IS Joe?  He's been off for 3 days. Does he not realize the shut down doesn't affect him? 

• Love 5

Barnicle said the vast majority of Americans don't pay attention to cable news or twitter. They are waiting for the Mueller report. Mika was upset & said all the Giuliani intrigue is important.

Kasie! looked great in her red sweater. She said people blame Trump for the shutdown.

Man oh man, the both-sidesism was thick in the air today, beginning with Brokaw chiding Democrats for not "compromising" and being "dug in" and then incongruously scolding "young House members" for not working with representatives from Ohio and Minnesota to become more centrist or some sort of similar treacly babble. I was waiting for ONE person on the panel to challenge him and ask whether cutting a deal before the government is re-opened sends the message that any time a president doesn't get what he wants legislatively he can shut it all down until Congress gives in. Of course there was no such challenge because for whatever reason Brokaw is regarded as the Holy Oracle of NBC, from whom words emanate like molten gold. I have no idea what he was yacking about vis a vis the younger House members, but he seems terribly affronted that they don't "know their place" in the hierarchy.

Then Walter Isaacson shows up and bloviates along roughly the same lines, opining that Democrats don't care about border security and that's what the problem is. Once again, no pushback or suggestion that both sides simply have different ideas of what makes the border secure.

It was really infuriating.

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 9

KYV champion Mika didn't push back against Brokaw when he said that the wave and enthusiasm the freshman electees rode into office is being wasted as they "hold pep rallies in the halls of Congress" instead of working to end the shut down.  He said if the Democrats cannot find a compromise then the shutdown is on them as well.
Not a word from Mika defending all the freshmen and the zeitgeist that got them elected.
Shouldn't she be an expert all conditions that led to the unprecedented wave?  She runs a company called "Know Your Value" and ought to be able to lecture on the topic at a professor-level or higher.  Not only does she have think tank level and major news network level resources at her easy avail, she has the time.

• Love 3

Brokaw looked very frail today. His hair was not combed. He said the last year of the Nixon White House was better run than the Trump White House.

Brokaw does not like pep rallies by AOC. & the other new members of congress. Brokaw spoke to many people in Montana & California  . They want both parties to get together.

6 minutes ago, oakville said:

Brokaw looked very frail today. His hair was not combed.

His hair did look terrible! It was all straggly and too long in the back. I noticed that right away.

• Love 1

Hey Tom Brokaw! The House voted NINE TIMES last week to open the gov't.     

I thought I was watching an audition for Weekend at Bernies when I saw Brokaw. 

Yes we need more old white men telling women and young people how to run the gov't.   I'd like to see Brokaw go on Joy Reid and say that. 

Mika knows her value, it's the balance in Joe's bank account  which she checks each day. 

• Love 7