Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Mika and Joe seem to crave acknowledgement from the Trumps.  She harangued Ivanka on the show daily about family separations - while also stalking her on social media.  (Note: while I believe that policy is a stain on everyone working for the Administration, I have yet to see Ivanka actually do anything but tend to her image.) I sometimes think they are spoiling for a public fight with Trump. They reveled in featuring him on the show and intimating they were impacting Trump’s decisions. Remember Joe talking about discussing the Secretary of State choice with Trump?

Joe will probably respond to Trump Jr. on the show tomorrow. It gets him attention - maybe even from the Donald. 

• Love 1

Oh my god, Mika - just.shut.up.   She tried to go toe to toe with Chris Matthews, and it was an epic fail.  Asked him if he needed any suggestions for his opening headline tonight because she had some suggestions.  He nipped that comically stupid idea in the bud, verbally squashing her like a little bug.  It was embarrassingly hilarious.   I wonder if Joe will ever invite Tweety back after he humiliated his One Twue Wuv on national TV.

JHC. Meeks.  You - of all people - are going to give advice to the most ardent political commentator on MSNBC??  Talk about taking a butter knife to a gun fight......

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

I wonder if Joe will ever invite Tweety back after he humiliated his One Twue Wuv on national TV.

Joe would only be upset if he was more adept at knocking Mika down than he is.

At this point I’m convinced something is going on to purposely keep Joe out of studio. 

• Love 2

Enduring a hurricane and its aftermath is an awful thing (Irene and Sandy here), but what makes it so much worse is the week-long run-up of anxiety fomented by the media, as on Morning Joe this week.   They do it under the guise of "we want people to be safe" but I don't buy it.   It's hype and sensationalism.   You watch CNN and they have a spinning hurricane image glowing red like the eye of Sauron permanently embedded at the bottom right corner of the screen.   I am not in the path of Florence but the constant dire predictions on all these shows fill me with a sense of dread.  There needs to be a better balance between public service and shameless exploitation.   

• Love 7

Joe got pissy with Woodward when he asked him if he could describe Trump as having a mental issue, Woodward replied "well I'm not a psychiatrist" and Joe snaps "Yes I know you're not". 

That was in the 6 am live interview.

In the 8 am repeat, they cut it. 

FFS these two can't show up to do their jobs more than one week in almost 8 weeks.  

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

FFS these two can't show up to do their jobs more than one week in almost 8 weeks.  

Just pull the plug on this already.  Neither one of them cares enough come to work, so I don't care enough to show up to watch like I used to.  I'll catch the first half hour or so, then I channel hop to CNN or CSPAN.  I did hang around for the Woodward interview today; while I love the subject matter, Bob.W. is difficult to listen to.  If he's ever on with Andrea Mitchell, they better block off a few hours, because it takes those two forever to spit out a sentence.

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, millennium said:

Enduring a hurricane and its aftermath is an awful thing (Irene and Sandy here), but what makes it so much worse is the week-long run-up of anxiety fomented by the media, as on Morning Joe this week.   They do it under the guise of "we want people to be safe" but I don't buy it.   It's hype and sensationalism.   You watch CNN and they have a spinning hurricane image glowing red like the eye of Sauron permanently embedded at the bottom right corner of the screen.   I am not in the path of Florence but the constant dire predictions on all these shows fill me with a sense of dread.  There needs to be a better balance between public service and shameless exploitation.   

Agree.  We are already exhausted by this storm and it hasn't made landfall yet. How often can we watch someone standing near the surf with a microphone? I am not making light...we are in the outer path of this.  I guess the storm coverage at least gives one a break from the Trump 24-hour news cycle. Which is this show's bread and butter.

I tuned in late this morning to see Bob Woodward; but didn't see Joe at first; was he satellited in?  Jeesus.  I turned it off.  I had seen the Rachel Maddow interview last night.  Then I tuned back in at the end to see Neil Degrasse Tyson.  Neal?  I digress.  The interview was going well; he was engaging (as always) and there were questions asked.  But then I heard a chirp in the background.  Meeka was not there either?  What?  

Ok, MSNBC.  I've had it.  Do something about these two.  This is outrageous, an insult to your viewers, and most of all...unprofessional.  DO SOMETHING.  Yes, I am screaming.  This sounds horrible but I hope that the sexism/Me Too scandal hits NBC/MSNBC hard.  Hard Hard Hard.  House needs to be cleaned and if it doesn't start with, at least let it spectacularly end this early morning vanity piece of crap that airs from 6-9.  But I guess they will both be wherever in the south on Friday to get their camera time among the people.  Gag. 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

, Bob.W. is difficult to listen to.  If he's ever on with Andrea Mitchell, they better block off a few hours, because it takes those two forever to spit out a sentence.

Woodward is saying exactly the same thing, down to the word in every interview.  After a couple of them, there's no need. I watched him on Rachel because she actually delved into various points in the book,  that Pence was involved in going thru the Flynn talks with the Russian re sanctions, which he denies. And that Trump tweeted Russian propaganda that the NSC had picked up. 

Oh my someone actually does her job, reads the book and has intelligent thoughtful questions, unlike the Dipshit Twins who can't be bothered show up, let alone do anything other than ask Woodward if Trump is crazy, in order to get themselves out from under the cloud of their propping him up as a candidate. 

"It's not our fault, we had no idea he was insane".   Sorry Joe, I'm in Indiana watching on TV and I can tell he's full of shit. You were sitting six inches from him. 

• Love 9

Bob Woodward seemed a bit snarky this morning. He definitely had his best interview on Rachel's show IMO.  Probably because she's such a better interviewer.

It's kind of funny that he's been on practically every MSNBC and CNN show before MJ.

• Love 2

I tuned in and saw a clip of Clinton saying "I did not have sex with that woman," then saw Willie alone in at a table and changed the channel before he said a word.

Hey, I'm in the path of that thing!  I need to know what it's doing!!

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Kemper said:

I tuned in late this morning to see Bob Woodward; but didn't see Joe at first; was he satellited in?  Jeesus.  I turned it off.  I had seen the Rachel Maddow interview last night.  Then I tuned back in at the end to see Neil Degrasse Tyson.  Neal?  I digress.  The interview was going well; he was engaging (as always) and there were questions asked.  But then I heard a chirp in the background.  Meeka was not there either?  What?  

Ok, MSNBC.  I've had it.  Do something about these two.  This is outrageous, an insult to your viewers, and most of all...unprofessional.  DO SOMETHING.  Yes, I am screaming.  This sounds horrible but I hope that the sexism/Me Too scandal hits NBC/MSNBC hard.  Hard Hard Hard.  House needs to be cleaned and if it doesn't start with, at least let it spectacularly end this early morning vanity piece of crap that airs from 6-9.  But I guess they will both be wherever in the south on Friday to get their camera time among the people.  Gag. 

The Tyson interview was a bit bizarre   Tyson himself was far too animated for this show (I don't know if he was nervous or what but he seemed on the verge of grabbing someone by the lapels).   The panel members present for his interview were all third string (I looked twice to make sure I hadn't sat on the remote or something).   Even Barnicle and Geist had wandered off into the mist.   Then, at the very end, Mika's disembodied voice was superimposed on the interview to thank Tyson for sharing their "space space" (such a wordsmith that Mika) to make it seem she'd been there all along.

Where do they all vanish to?   And why is it so hard for people who have the cushiest jobs in America to actually do those jobs for a mere three hours a day?

I would write to the show to complain but am unable to find a viewer feedback address  (I don't think anyone actually pays attention to comments pasted on Facebook or Twitter).

Edited by millennium
3 hours ago, Landsnark said:

Hey, I'm in the path of that thing!  I need to know what it's doing!!

Absolutely.   Information and updates are vital.   What I could do without is the network schadenfraude (sp).   They always seem one step away from a chyron proclaiming "You're all going to die."   And the network festivities start more than a week out, when the tropical depressions first form off the coast of Africa, so for days you have to sit there divining computer models (European or American?) and praying "Please let it veer off to sea."  Until it doesn't. 

Good luck.   Some experts are now saying the storm may not make landfall.   I wish I had some good advice.    If you have a home with a well, I recommend filling your bathtub with water before the electricity goes out, so that you can use it to wash up or flush the toilet in the days after.  

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, millennium said:

What is a pot porry?

Was Mika trying to say potpourri?

Possibly she's all out of sorts having to actually sit beside Scarborough for a change.

Hee, wasn't that the best?  Pot purry, hahahahahahhahaha . . . thanks for the laugh out loud Meeks, my sinuses needed clearing out anyway.

Loved the new opening with just Willie talking about the hurricane, bringing in the always delightful Bill Karins and then surprise!  It's Joe and Mika . . . in the studio . . . huzzah!

And why is Meeks wearing a maternity top?

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Hee, wasn't that the best?  Pot purry, hahahahahahhahaha . . . thanks for the laugh out loud Meeks, my sinuses needed clearing out anyway.

Loved the new opening with just Willie talking about the hurricane, bringing in the always delightful Bill Karins and then surprise!  It's Joe and Mika . . . in the studio . . . huzzah!

And why is Meeks wearing a maternity top?

I immediately thought maternity too.   Probably she misunderstood when someone told her to try a "pregnant pause" when she wants to make a point.

• Love 7

Wow they do carry on when they think a Trump tweet is because of one of their show segments don't they?  And then when Meeks realized no one was joining in the celebration she slinked into the break (Joe was physically MIA as usual).  Man this show is just bad . . . yikes.

• Love 4

Yikes, even the hurricane forecast is a repeat from the first hour.  They really have let the show go, there isn't even a pretense of giving a crap.

It is amusing to hear Joe pour over approval ratings as I would love to see his (I know MJ ratings were at least one time high but I am convinced it's because of morons like me that just can't seem to turn away from watching this train wreck).

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

Loved the new opening with just Willie talking about the hurricane, bringing in the always delightful Bill Karins

I wonder if Bill Karins has been sleeping at the studio. He was on MSNBC all day (and night) yesterday, and there he is again today. 

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Jordan Baker said:

I wonder if Bill Karins has been sleeping at the studio. He was on MSNBC all day (and night) yesterday, and there he is again today. 

It isn't unusual for him to be there the entire duration of hurricanes as he's done it before.  It looks like he and Al Roker tag team it.

• Love 1

Wow. that Trump tweet is spectacular even by his standards.

And Joe, it's fine you are switching to a flip phone as there is a staggering amount of people that do not wish to communicate with/hear from you.  Why don't you and Meeks just pack it in and use the old two tin cans and a string method as that is pretty much the extent of your network.

• Love 4

OMG.  She wasn't just reading something and stumbling, she actually thinks it's pronounced POT PORRY? 

That's as bad as my ex husband pronouncing "pseudo" as "puhswaydoh".   

45 minutes ago, millennium said:

Her makeup looked good today.   I'll give her that.

Actually, give it to the make up artist. She doesn't do her own makeup.  

• Love 2

Tuned in this morning....low energy, no spark, no give-and-take.  Well, that is because Joe won't allow any "take" when he gives.  Maybe it seemed low-energy because of all the hurricane news on the other channels.  I missed pot porry; that is as bad as someone on a news station the other day saying SUPlee, NC.  SUP as in supper.  It is Supply; but that person was probably tired from his 24-7 reporting and had never heard of Supply. 

Does anyone have any idea what is going on with MJ?  Does Joe have THAT much influence that he and Meeka can just come and go whenever?  Are their ratings that good?  And if indeed they do go to Louisiana, Mississippi or whatever state they are going to either tomorrow or sometime next week...to interview the misunderstood voters there...I have to wonder how much that is costing the network.   But Meeka will get lots of fodder for her KYV and Joe will get to mention to a whole host of new people that "he was in Congress" and a Country Lawyer to boot.  Bless his heart.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Are their ratings that good?

Their ratings can't be anywhere near Rachel, even given she's on in prime time. And she shows up every night, unless she actually takes the day off and has a sub.  And she sticks around for 5 minutes or so when she tosses to Lawrence, she's not running out of the studio fifteen minutes before.  Morning Joe has three actual hosts and can't handle the work, every other show is one person, is Velshi & Ruhle still on or is it just Stephanie now? 

They must be using up all their Andy Lack capital before his fat ass is booted out of there.   

11 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Meeka will get lots of fodder for her KYV

Will she?  It doesn't seem anyone is all that interested in it outside her little coven of sad rich ladies in Manhattan and CT.  

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Landsnark said:
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

That's as bad as my ex husband pronouncing "pseudo" as "puhswaydoh". 

Wait.  What?

Yep.  Myself, my ex, and a close friend were talking and I don't recall the topic of the conversation, (this was several years ago), but my ex said "puhswaydo", and he meant pseudo.  His friend and I were dying laughing at him. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Yep.  Myself, my ex, and a close friend were talking and I don't recall the topic of the conversation, (this was several years ago), but my ex said "puhswaydo", and he meant pseudo.  His friend and I were dying laughing at him. 

Totally off topic, but I had an ex who used to always insist on being the one to light the flame beneath the stainless steel "coffee urinals" at family functions.

Back on topic: I read about "pot purry" here and then heard it live in the 8 a.m. repeat segment. What a ditz.

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Eliot said:

Totally off topic, but I had an ex who used to always insist on being the one to light the flame beneath the stainless steel "coffee urinals" at family functions.

LOL.   Looks like we all have a Mika in our lives. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

LOL.   Looks like we all have a Mika in our lives. 

Full disclosure:  Actually you have two . . . my Language Mangle Hall of Fame:

Yosemite:  Yo-smite

And my personal fave rave:

Moi:  Moy

Hangs head in shame . . . 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Wow. that Trump tweet is spectacular even by his standards.

And Joe, it's fine you are switching to a flip phone as there is a staggering amount of people that do not wish to communicate with/hear from you.  Why don't you and Meeks just pack it in and use the old two tin cans and a string method as that is pretty much the extent of your network.

I, um, use a flip phone.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, XOQueens said:

id Joe actually say he’s changing to a flip phone? Is it because everyone is @ing him calling him out on the stupid things he says?

How will the CIA, FBI, NSC, DoD, State Dept, Congress, DHS, White House,  contact Joe if he gets a new phone?  

Reach Joe at 1 212 DIK HEAD

• Love 3
2 hours ago, XOQueens said:

Did Joe actually say he’s changing to a flip phone? Is it because everyone is @ing him calling him out on the stupid things he says?

Yep, he was actually waving it/passing it around and it looked brand new.  He also said he was backing away from Twitter for a while hence the Flip Phone.

The definition of chutzpah:  Mika (resplendent in frayed hemmed jeans) opened the show with "the story that got us out of the studio".  What?  Their imaginary studio?  And what story is breaking in Mississippi?  Good grief . . . Hey Joe, real men go to the Carolinas.

• Love 2

Mika's artificial enthusiasm is hard to stomach so early in the morning.   The audience looks decidedly unconvinced by it, especially the bald guy.   And then she did the school motto.   Even Scarborough appeared bored. 

21 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

The definition of chutzpah:  Mika (resplendent in frayed hemmed jeans) opened the show with "the story that got us out of the studio".  What?  Their imaginary studio?  And what story is breaking in Mississippi?  Good grief . . . Hey Joe, real men go to the Carolinas.

I think "the studio" is more of a concept, like saying "my happy place." 

Edited by millennium
  • Love 2