Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

It was so jarring to see Piers Morgan on the show -- again, I see this around 3:00-4:00 AM, so am never sure if I am awake or not.  Has Piers been on MSNBC much? 

(edited)
21 minutes ago, jjj said:

It was so jarring to see Piers Morgan on the show -- again, I see this around 3:00-4:00 AM, so am never sure if I am awake or not.  Has Piers been on MSNBC much? 

I put on my Scoop Brzezinski scarf and found out he is a Friend of Joe. Been on Morning Joe more than once. Involved in Joe's This Is Football thing. *insert Scoop eye roll*

Edited by XOQueens
words matter...
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, jjj said:

Not quite as much as he used to be. He stays busy with giving tongue baths on Air Force One. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Seriously, both of you, LOL. (I don't get to see many segments because of the time zone [only the first hour is on podcast], so sometimes don't know if something is new. )

17 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

I put on my Scoop Brzezinski scarf and found out he is a Friend of Joe. Been on Morning Joe more than once. Involved in Joe's This Is Football thing. *insert Scoop eye roll*

15 minutes ago, suomi said:

Not quite as much as he used to be. He stays busy with giving tongue baths on Air Force One. 

Edited by jjj
  • Love 1

And FFS it's not Hel SINK i, it's HEL sink i. Finnish is so easy - the accent is Always on the first syllable. I haven't heard even one correct pronunciation on MJ. Jim Sciutto gets it right, on CNN. 

1 hour ago, suomi said:

And FFS it's not Hel SINK i, it's HEL sink i. Finnish is so easy - the accent is Always on the first syllable. I haven't heard even one correct pronunciation on MJ. Jim Sciutto gets it right, on CNN. 

In MJ's defense though, I have only ever heard it pronounced as "Hel SINK i" and that's by every news person I've ever heard.  Ever.  I don't watch CNN often but with the exception of Mr. Sciutto, I suspect the other news people on CNN get it wrong, too.     

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

In MJ's defense though, I have only ever heard it pronounced as "Hel SINK i" and that's by every news person I've ever heard.  Ever.  I don't watch CNN often but with the exception of Mr. Sciutto, I suspect the other news people on CNN get it wrong, too.     

Right. Apparentently I have been pronouncing Helsinki  wrong my entire life, along with everyone that I know.

Also, though, the English language pronunciation for a lot of cities is different to the native language pronunciation, For example, we pronounce Paris differently to how french speaking people pronounce it.

Edited by cased
  • Love 1

Ok, so Joe opens the show from his bunker and addresses only Meacham (also in a bunker) without even acknowledging if there are any other panel members including his fiancé.  So bizarre.

Ok, Willie Geist is on set.  Still no mention of any other panel members (and based on the daily MJ tweet most of the usual suspects are lined up).  Again, what a bizarre start not to mention rude.

• Love 3

It’s hard to believe that in the aftermath of such an historic moment whose repercussions are still being felt that Joe couldn’t get to a studio and he couldn’t put together a high powered panel. He claims to be wired into the DC  elite - where are Republicans or foreign policy experts? Instead we’re revisiting 2015 Trump interviews and hearing Joe bloviate. Maybe they (Joe & Mika) have something personal going on. I just wish in that case they would turn the show over to Willie or Joy.  

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, may flowers said:

It’s hard to believe that in the aftermath of such an historic moment whose repercussions are still being felt that Joe couldn’t get to a studio and he couldn’t put together a high powered panel. He claims to be wired into the DC  elite - where are Republicans or foreign policy experts? Instead we’re revisiting 2015 Trump interviews and hearing Joe bloviate. Maybe they (Joe & Mika) have something personal going on. I just wish in that case they would turn the show over to Willie or Joy.  

I couldn't agree more.  I have already moved on as the show has zero energy and since they can't seem to attract new voices/viewpoints it's a rehash of the day before.

When I was watching that first 10 minutes a scene from "Real Genius" popped into my head where that young man is attending classes and with each day more and more students are replaced by their recording devices.  It's only a matter of time that MJ will be the equivalent if it isn't there already.

• Love 6

DAMMIT this is what drives me nuts.  I had forgotten Lemire and the other reporter were going to be on and luckily caught their segment which started off great with Willie in charge but then Joe and Barnicle have to start their pontications.  "Well it's been quite a week Joe" . . . oh really Mike, gee thanks for that as none of us noticed that.  Jesus.

• Love 3

This is bizarre.  At such a critical time for political news broadcasting, the host and namesake of MJ can't work up the energy to show up at the office.  And his precious side-kick, Mika "Daughter of Former National Security Advisor" Brzezinski, is MIA.  (And by the way, was there any mention of her absence?  I missed the first five minutes).  i checked CNN; their hosts are on the set.  Fox is talking about the Hawiaiian volcano, Uber drivers, and 401k plans, but at least they're all on the couch.  Barring any family emergency - and I truly hope her family is okay  - there is no excuse for that.  Not today.  And Joe is at The Cape, right?  That's a hop skip and jump from NYC.  Hell, two of the panelists that are one right now were in Helsinki yesterday and they managed to make it into the studio this morning.  ----    Time for a regime change at Morning Joe.  A hostile takeover would be even more interesting. 

• Love 7
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

And his precious side-kick, Mika "Daughter of Former National Security Advisor" Brzezinski, is MIA.  (And by the way, was there any mention of her absence?  I missed the first five minutes).  i checked CNN; their hosts are on the set.  Fox is talking about the Hawiaiian volcano, Uber drivers, and 401k plans, but at least they're all on the couch.  Barring any family emergency - and I truly hope her family is okay  - there is no excuse for that.  Not today.  

Oddly, no one has mentioned Mika at all.  

Edited by may flowers
  • Love 4
(edited)

Considering they had the two reporters on who asked the most well-crafted, revealing questions, I'm grateful Mika's not there and Willie took control of the interview, not Joe. 

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 6
52 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

I couldn't agree more.  I have already moved on as the show has zero energy

Scarborough seems almost sedated.    It's weird.  Today of all days you would expect a red-faced teleprompter rant.

This fallacy of Republicans "speaking out" is a joke.   A bunch of cowards saying they're "troubled," laying low until the next big news story washes all this away.

• Love 8
17 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Yes, and she has Good Arms.  So does Andrea Mitchell, in her 70s, with great arms.  Mine--nah, you don't wanna know....

You do this to us on purpose, and you know it!!!  Taunting, taunting!

The Oakville Hospital allows people to have a room named after a loved one. It costs $25K CDN or $19K USD. I get a tax writeoff of about 45% on the $25K if I make the donation.

It's nice to have a room named after a loved one. The $25K goes to buy extra equipment for the hospital etc.

• Love 9

Tuesday Recap. Beeker is the bunker. Beeker is mad at Trump. Mika is sleeping at the Maine cottage.

Beeker  could do the USA a favor. Quit Morning Joe. Take your millions & run for Congress in the Florida Panhandle as Independent Joe or True Conservative Joe or Joe I have three wives & was faithful to some of them.

That's one less seat for the GOP if he wins.

If the Democrats + Independent Joe & a few other "Normal" GOP's have 218 votes, then King Trump will have problems.

Stop being a blowhard Joe!!!

By next year, I will be able to sponsor American residents & bring them to Canada. !!! The winters are cold, but Toronto isn't that bad.

Meacham looks sick. Maybe he ate some of Mika's cookin:)))

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, may flowers said:

Maybe they (Joe & Mika) have something personal going on.

I always assume when she’s gone and gets no mention that they had a fight. ? 

She’s Tweeting about Trump this morning so who knows why she’s not on MJ again. Surely she’s busted through her vacay days already.

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Ladyrain said:

Fox is talking about the Hawiaiian volcano, Uber drivers, and 401k plans, but at least they're all on the couch. 

Thank you for my first laugh of the morning! 

I was awake for the opening but fell asleep and missed the two reporters. Not a good sign when you fall asleep watching this show on such an important news morning.

So where IS Mika?

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, oakville said:

Stop being a blowhard Joe!!!

I would describe him today as a blow-hardly.

I wish they would stop giving Trump an out, i.e., "maybe it's his vanity that leads him to do these things."   Enough of that.

• Love 6

I tuned in to see the last minute of the Madeleine Albright interview; Joe gave her Meeka's regards...she gave them back.  So who says these two aren't Movers and Shakers and Power Makers.  

Jonathan Lemire was on?  He is my hero.  I won't even bother wondering why Willie can't run the show and Joe can take the week off; that would be better than looking at his giant head popping up on a square.

• Love 7
(edited)

7:50 John Meechum(??) says  that responsible Republicans may chose to now step away from the Republican party, formerly Reagan's party, " As you have Joe."  WhineandCheez snorts shower water out of her nose.

Listening to CNN driving in, I came in late on a man calmly and distinctly discussing Trumps actions and explaining his motivations and what he needs to do next to correct this in very intelligent, calm and measured terminology.  IT WAS SCARAMUCCI.  Holey Cow.  New MSNBC show--"Morning Mooch?"

And his precious side-kick, Mika "Daughter of Former National Security Advisor" Brzezinski, is MIA.  (And by the way, was there any mention of her absence?  I missed the first five minutes).  i checked CNN; their hosts are on the set.  Fox is talking about the Hawiaiian volcano, Uber drivers, and 401k plans, but at least they're all on the couch.  Barring any family emergency - and I truly hope her family is okay  - there is no excuse for that.  Not today.  

Oddly, no one has mentioned Mika at all.  

WRONG!! Madeline Albright, esteemed former Sec. of State, at the end of her segment asked Joe where Mika was and asked him to give her her best.  Like she was kissing him on the cheek while putting on her coat while leaving a cocktail party at his house.

Either that or 

"Mrs. Joe Scarborough"

Mika Brzezinski-Scarborough"

Mika Scarborough

Joe + Mika 4Ever

Can anyone enlarge your screen and see if she's writing in a Lisa Frank spiral notebook, or is it a Trapper Keeper?

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 4
(edited)
13 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

7:50 John Meechum(??) says  that responsible Republicans may chose to now step away from the Republican party, formerly Reagan's party, " As you have Joe."  WhineandCheez snorts shower water out of her nose.

Listening to CNN driving in, I came in late on a man calmly and distinctly discussing Trumps actions and explaining his motivations and what he needs to do next to correct this in very intelligent, calm and measured terminology.  IT WAS SCARAMUCCI.  Holey Cow.  New MSNBC show--"Morning Mooch?"

Can anyone enlarge your screen and see if she's writing in a Lisa Frank spiral notebook, or is it a Trapper Keeper?

Was the Mooch on MJ as I did see him on CNN (great interview with Alyson)?

eta:  Sorry, misread your post.  Please ignore my question.

43 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

I always assume when she’s gone and gets no mention that they had a fight. ? 

She’s Tweeting about Trump this morning so who knows why she’s not on MJ again. Surely she’s busted through her vacay days already.

God those tweets.  She is just the worst on that platform.  "People need to step up or step out" says half of the couple that struggles to show up for work.

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I won't even bother wondering why Willie can't run the show and Joe can take the week off; that would be better than looking at his giant head popping up on a square.

I know Willie bugs some people, but I've always kind of liked him.  At least his sense of humor is dry and ironic, which I appreciate.  Just pair him up with somebody (Heidi P?) already and give him the show.  Plus "Morning Willie" makes me giggle. 

2 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Is Barnicle wearing a terry cloth blazer?

It's probably a bathrobe styled like a blazer. 

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

WRONG!! Madeline Albright, esteemed former Sec. of State, at the end of her segment asked Joe where Mika was and asked him to give her her best.  Like she was kissing him on the cheek while putting on her coat while leaving a cocktail party at his house.

She’s out here asking what we all (ok, maybe just me) want to know. Lol. #WhereIsMika?

I wonder just how much it bothers Joe to know his best guests, and at this point I’m using that term loosely (because Albright in 2018, come on...), come via his “sidekick” via her now-deceased father and they wouldn’t show up for just him.

Does Joe get the last parts of the show off even when he’s at home in his bunker?

Great Great Grandfather Barnicle is more consistently there than Joe or Mika at this point. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Ladyrain said:

I know Willie bugs some people, but I've always kind of liked him.  At least his sense of humor is dry and ironic, which I appreciate.  Just pair him up with somebody (Heidi P?) already and give him the show.  Plus "Morning Willie" makes me giggle. 

I've always kinda liked him too. Your idea to pair him up with Heidi is a good one. She doesn't seem to be a suckup like some other MSNBC employees who regularly appear. 

• Love 4

They are probably on vacation together. The bunker backdrop is not the CT bunker backdrop, so Joe is probably not there. 

In the old days, Joe and Mika would schedule their vacations for different times, so that at least one of them would usually be there. But they can’t do that now. 

I wonder why they can’t both be in the bunker, or at least alternate bunker days. With Joe always n the bunker, Mika ends up with a lot more days off. 

I only saw the last hour, and Joe is not even in the bunker.  I thought they would show up blazing today.  I don't mind Willie, just wonder if they should rename the show:  Morning "Joe" 

Why did Eugene Robinson say it was a shame, what happened to Al Capone?  

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

know Willie bugs some people, but I've always kind of liked him.  At least his sense of humor is dry and ironic, which I appreciate.  Just pair him up with somebody (Heidi P?) already and give him the show.  Plus "Morning Willie" makes me giggle. 

Some of us from the old days have been saying this forever - When Savannah used to co host with Willie if JoMika were out on their USA Love Tour 2008.  They had great chemistry and were great at interviewing.  I feel like Today has dumb downed both of them, you have to make insipid chit chat about your tv spying on you, or if Kim Kardashian is a good mom.  

6 minutes ago, jjj said:

They couldn't get him on any of the mob related crimes/murders, they got him on tax fraud. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

They couldn't get him on any of the mob related crimes/murders, they got him on tax fraud. 

Yes, thanks, I knew that, but wondered why Eugene Robinson was mentioning him and why it was a shame. It seemed random. 

3 minutes ago, jjj said:

Yes, thanks, I knew that, but wondered why Eugene Robinson was mentioning him and why it was a shame. It seemed ra

Maybe he thinks that's what will take down Trump? 

40 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

I wonder just how much it bothers Joe to know his best guests, and at this point I’m using that term loosely (because Albright in 2018, come on...), come via his “sidekick” via her now-deceased father and they wouldn’t show up for just him.

I'm pretty sure they both realize they've been using each other since Day 1.  He needed her contacts, she needed a higher profile gig.  He was ready to trade in for a new wife, she wanted someone to tell her how hot he thought she was. 

Somehow egotistical twits always find each other.  And the rubble of two families are left in their wake.  

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, jjj said:

"Well you look at Flynn, it’s a shame,” Trump said, referring to Flynn pleading guilty to lying to the FBI about his contacts with the Russians. “But the FBI didn’t think it was lying with Paul Manafort, who is a really nice man.  You look at what’s going on with him, it’s like Al Capone.”

Trump last night, getting his knob polished by Fox News.  Chris Wallace  Sean Hannity didn't push back or comment on Trump's utterly moronic analogy.  Toady coward.

Edited by Landsnark
  • Love 7
17 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I'm pretty sure they both realize they've been using each other since Day 1.  He needed her contacts, she needed a higher profile gig.  He was ready to trade in for a new wife, she wanted someone to tell her how hot he thought she was. 

Somehow egotistical twits always find each other.  And the rubble of two families are left in their wake.  

Wowie wow.  If I were able to wield needle and thread, I would embroider that on a pillow and send it to them for a wedding gift.  This supposes, of course, that the nuptials ever actually happen.

(P.S.   Mika, sweetie - why would you want to be Mrs. Squinty #3, after he so callously discarded #'s 1 and 2 when something supposedly better came  along?  This speaks volumes about you knowing your own value.)

(P.P.S.  Joe treats you like shit.  On TV.  We can all see it.  We shudder to think what goes on when the camera are off).

• Love 4
1 hour ago, cased said:

They are probably on vacation together. The bunker backdrop is not the CT bunker backdrop, so Joe is probably not there. 

In the old days, Joe and Mika would schedule their vacations for different times, so that at least one of them would usually be there. But they can’t do that now. 

I wonder why they can’t both be in the bunker, or at least alternate bunker days. With Joe always n the bunker, Mika ends up with a lot more days off. 

He was just on holiday out in California less than a month ago. He can at the very least get his ass to a bunker now. 

52 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Mika ends up with a lot more days off. 

Hmmmm.  Maybe she does know her value, after all:  Even she realizes she's completely irrelevant, so why bother showing up, even to the bunker. 

• Love 2

Oh, thank you, Landsnark!  That's ridiculous!  (And hey, Al Capone is the answer to this week's Sunday Puzzle in NPR, in case anyone wants to vie to win the contestant spot.)

2 hours ago, Landsnark said:

"Well you look at Flynn, it’s a shame,” Trump said, referring to Flynn pleading guilty to lying to the FBI about his contacts with the Russians. “But the FBI didn’t think it was lying with Paul Manafort, who is a really nice man.  You look at what’s going on with him, it’s like Al Capone.”

Trump last night, getting his knob polished by Fox News.  Chris Wallace  Sean Hannity didn't push back or comment on Trump's utterly moronic analogy.  Toady coward.

15 minutes ago, jjj said:

Oh, thank you, Landsnark!  That's ridiculous!  (And hey, Al Capone is the answer to this week's Sunday Puzzle in NPR, in case anyone wants to vie to win the contestant spot.)

And hey here's a Forums fun fact, my grandfather was one of Capone's tailors way back in the day.  Looking perfectly tailored and stylish all the way to the big house!

• Love 7

Morning Joe is a riot to watch if you like to snark. It's so sad that it used to be a news show. Joe should know better. Joe could easily win a seat in Congress in a swing district

• Love 2
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Morning Joe is a riot to watch if you like to snark. It's so sad that it used to be a news show. Joe should know better. Joe could easily win a seat in Congress in a swing district

Oakville my friend, bless your heart but Joe couldn't win dogcatcher in Florida anymore.  All of the baggage he is schlepping would drag him to the bottom of those Florida bogs.  I am waiting to see if they have Rick Wilson on the show as his book is coming out August 7th and both he and Joe are from the Tallahassee area if I recall correctly.  For me, that would be an interesting segment as Rick was one of the very first Never Trumpers and of course we know the Scarboroughs weren't exactly ahead of that curve.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, millennium said:

Can the ol' tuxedo t-shirt be far behind?

Hee, congratulations you just cleaned out my sinuses . . . :)

14 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Joe's wedding attire.

Double hee!

• Love 1