Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

I love Steve Rattner, and I resent Joe's continual interruption of Steve's explanation of his charts. It probably takes quite a lot concentration to explain financial facts and figures, and stupid Joe constantly stops Steve's train of thought. Sometimes you can see the frustration on sweet Steve's face.

Is it wrong of me to prefer the old pudgy Robert Costa? He seems to be vanishing before our eyes.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Ladies of cable news -  try something on and then sit down in it in front of a mirror. See how it looks when you can only see it from above the waist up. Just because something looks great standing up doesn't mean it will translate well on camera, while you're seated.  I know everyone is bored to tears with the sleeveless sheath dress, but they are flattering on camera.

And maybe toss in a great necklace and/or earrings (NOT a chiffon scarf).  I was watching an old Murphy Brown the other night and she had on a killer necklace that was gorgeous and timeless.  Maybe Peggy Noonan could have a quick tutorial for the accessories-challenged.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Kenz said:

Is it wrong of me to prefer the old pudgy Robert Costa? He seems to be vanishing before our eyes.

It's one thing to get in shape, but I think he's lost an alarming amount of weight.  I hope someone suggests to him that he needs to gain some of it back.     

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

It's one thing to get in shape, but I think he's lost an alarming amount of weight.  I hope someone suggests to him that he needs to gain some of it back.     

I thought he looked good when he had lost some weight, but his face looks gaunt now. I hope he is OK.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, cased said:

I thought he looked good when he had lost some weight, but his face looks gaunt now. I hope he is OK.

Oh my god, it never occurred to me that this weight loss might not be intentional.  Yes, I do so hope he's okay. 

• Love 4

Re:  Robert Costa . . . I can't imagine the hours and adrenalin these reporters burn through each day covering this dumpster fire of a presidency.  As he is a front line, premier tier reporter his phone has to be ringing off the hook at all hours.  Good for career, bad for physical being.  I hope once the Mueller report comes out he can throttle down a bit as no job/headline is worth ruining your health but it's hard to separate the forest from the trees at that age.  He's one of my absolute faves and I more than share your concerns.

• Love 6

Why don't we have any video of Joe talking to his constitutes and telling them why he couldn't support a bill?

Probably because he never did?

And BTW Joe. I'm a FL resident and registered to vote and we have Democrats running for governor.

• Love 2

Somebody needs to Velcro Meeks to her chair as she has a bad case of listing to the left today (it's hilarious when she catches herself in the monitor and she shoots straight back up).  She is full on Kate McKinnon today.

• Love 7

I was half asleep when I put on MJ.  John Dean tried to make a point, but it was just a babble of cross talk.  There were at least two conversations happening, none of which were intelligible.  Interruptions were interrupted.  My eyes were closed so I couldn't even tell who else was talking, save for Joe of course.  And just like it was an SNL skit, Meekuh was just interjecting syllables.  Syllables.  Not even whole words.  Not whole thoughts.  Not sentences.  Just sounds for emphasis.  I laughed to myself and changed the channel.

• Love 3
(edited)

I missed John Dean? ?

He's a regular on Erin Burnett's show so I didn't think he was on MSNBC anymore. Erin lets him talk.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 1

Sorry I missed John Dean this morning...didn't think he was on MSNBC anymore.  And I love Michael McPhal, but I am kind of tired of seeing him everywhere on MSNBC.  

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Kemper said:

Sorry I missed John Dean this morning...didn't think he was on MSNBC anymore.  And I love Michael McPhal, but I am kind of tired of seeing him everywhere on MSNBC.  

I think it was Howard Dean who was on, not John Dean. 

There was a lot of popping in and out today, for a while it seemed like Joe and Mika were alternating segments. 

And Joe’s hair looked hilarious in the last segment. It looked like it was sticking straight up. 

Edited by cased
typo
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, cased said:

seemed like Joe and Mika were alternating segments. 

There was one segment where Mika wasn't at the desk but at the end I heard her snickering.  And then she was back. 

WTF is going on with these two. They really must be planning their departure.  They are phoning it in so much it's ridiculous. 

I wonder if Mika had some type of mini meltdown, with the day drinking and "take time for yourself" videos.

FFS Mika ALL you do is take time for yourself.  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Landsnark said:

I was half asleep when I put on MJ.  John Dean tried to make a point, but it was just a babble of cross talk.  There were at least two conversations happening, none of which were intelligible.  Interruptions were interrupted.  My eyes were closed so I couldn't even tell who else was talking, save for Joe of course.  And just like it was an SNL skit, Meekuh was just interjecting syllables.  Syllables.  Not even whole words.  Not whole thoughts.  Not sentences.  Just sounds for emphasis.  I laughed to myself and changed the channel.

Hee landsnark too bad your eyes weren't open as there was a great shot of Joe leaning over the table blabbing at Howard Dean and you could see Meeks trying to peek over his back/shoulder to throw in her two cents (no such luck I am afraid).  Great television!

I agree with everybody, they are not even trying to look interested in the show anymore.  It's slightly mesmerizing to watch the two of them pop in and out of segments.  It's like they get up, wander off and then slither back in.  I feel sorry for the EP, he must start drinking the second they hand the show over to Stephanie and her team.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

I feel sorry for the EP, he must start drinking the second they hand the show over to Stephanie and her team.

I can picture it.  He's sitting at his desk with his face in his hands looking at a bottle of vodka through his fingers.  "I promised myself today I wouldn't.  God I hate them."  glug

Who is John Dean?  Would've been funnier if I'd said James Dean.

• Love 2
On 7/30/2018 at 6:37 AM, stormy said:

Yay Oakville!  We will be neighbors.  It's been an interesting journey so far since retiring to Sanibel Island earlier this year.  We're definitely not in MN anymore.

We are registered to vote!

I will b in SArasota later this month for business and condo shopping.I am wrapping up my work projects.

I love Sanibel Island, but Sarasota makes me feel better.

I tuned in today for 1 minute.

Joe is still mad at Trump. Mika looks ridiculous.

What a waste of time. Joe needs a new talking point

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Landsnark said:

I can picture it.  He's sitting at his desk with his face in his hands looking at a bottle of vodka through his fingers.  "I promised myself today I wouldn't.  God I hate them."  glug

Who is John Dean?  Would've been funnier if I'd said James Dean.

John Dean is the lawyer that told the truth in Nixon's Watergate hearings and started his grease slide into finally resigning.  He has a stunning blonde wife that was quite the distraction throughout the hearings as she always sat behind him and you couldn't miss her.  They are still married and have three adorable doggies.

Howard Dean is who was actually on the show today.  If you listened very carefully you may be lucky to hear a phrase or two which is a shame as he is a smart guy and Joe is not.

Speaking of John Dean, incorrectly as it was, Bob Woodward has a new book out that he claims lays bare Trump's chaotic White House.  What an absolute clown.  100% chance he's on MJ this week.

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Speaking of John Dean, incorrectly as it was, Bob Woodward has a new book out that he claims lays bare Trump's chaotic White House.  What an absolute clown.  100% chance he's on MJ this week.

I already have the book pre-ordered.  As much as I have enjoyed Michael Wolff's and Emily Jane Fox's books as I love me some snark, this is the one along with Rick Wilson's that I very much look forward to reading.

• Love 1

Day Three of celebrating Andrea Mitchell week and of course they are thrilled to have her on the set.  Kasie is in the library (complete with lightning bolt intro) and oh by the way Willie and Barnicle are there but no one bothered to introduce them.  I am glad they are showing clips from Trump's rally last night and the awful behavior of the crowd toward Acosta (of course there was one tough guy that used his MAGA hate to hide his face.  Not so tough on camera are ya sparky?).

Ok today's (actually this week's) drinking game is clearly "Google machine" . . . Joe just loves that phrase he coined . . . oy.

• Love 1

Mika’s heartfelt rant about the missing/abused migrant children was entirely ruined by the fact she was reading it from the TelePrompTer and stumbled over every other word. She needs to either get glasses or stop reading the news, period.

• Love 5

Mika’s soliloquy on the children separated from their parents was painful. Starting out with her “crying” voice to tell everyone watching that the Trump admin has separated families (Breaking news). She must have really practiced reading this speech off the TelePrompTer cuz she did ok, squirming in her seat, adding anger or sadness to her words along the way. What boggles my mind is who is she talking to? Everyone who watches this show follows the news closely. Is she lecturing congresss at the gym( “truth to power”) to find these kids?  I guess

Last night I saw an interesting discussion, I’m not sure which show maybe 11th hour,  of why Manafort didn’t flip. Some one brought up that among all the reasons mentioned there is a real possibility that Manafort is scared shit for himself and his  family from the Russians. They’ve been known to poison people. Of course on Morning snore we get the most facile possible discussion of that no mention of Russians 

Then they have on somebody who wrote an article entitled Why Guiliana Media Blitz May Be Bad for Trump (more breaking news). Who says what everyone’s been saying for weeks about Giuliani’s doubletalk. Willie says well if he’s just trying to distract , put fog in the conversation isn’t that working? Well, yeah says the guy.

Is the booker for this show dead?  Jesus Christ get a good guest!

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Eliot said:

Mika’s heartfelt rant about the missing/abused migrant children was entirely ruined by the fact she was reading it from the TelePrompTer and stumbled over every other word. She needs to either get glasses or stop reading the news, period.

That was two minutes of awful tv.  These two clearly don't have two fucks to give anymore and ruin pretty much any topic that is addressed/attempted to be discussed.

On a more positive note, my boyfriend Clint Watts is on now and Michael Steele is rocking that vest, hee!

• Love 2

Poor Sen. Klobuchar (who is one of my fave raves).  How awful to be involved in a conversation with Meeks about the "children" when Sen. Klobuchar would actually like to do something about it as opposed to using them as a hashtag.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, novhappy said:

ast night I saw an interesting discussion, I’m not sure which show maybe 11th hour,  of why Manafort didn’t flip. Some one brought up that among all the reasons mentioned there is a real possibility that Manafort is scared shit for himself and his  family from the Russians. They’ve been known to poison people. Of course on Morning snore we get the most facile possible discussion of that no mention of Russians 

I heard this too. That he was in debt up to his ass with Russians, and took the job as campaign mgr with no salary to help Russia get their useful idiot in office, and get them off his back. 

I'm really surprised you all didn't buy Mika's ludicrous attempt to tear up during her prepared yet fumbled remarks about the immigrant children.   If it wasn't such an awful situation it would have been funny. "I car, I mean, care". This Administration is Indians, I mean idiots." 

It's musical chairs this morning.  Mika is alone during her "For the Kids" moment, then Willie comes in.  Why do they even bother.  

I bet Amy Klobuchar won't be appearing any time soon. 

For me, this is the core of what is wrong with this show.  Joe wants to bitch about the Republican party and Mika wants to hiss about the "children" and yet neither brings any depth or power to either topic.  They just want to blab about themselves and everyone else has to go along with it.  This isn't a booking problem or a producer-related problem or even friend of the show problem.  That Manafort news has been out there for months and the fact that they are finally talking about it now like it just popped up is just pitiful.  I am forced to spend much more time with them this week as ND has David Gregory on and that is just a huge no for me so John Berman if you are listening/reading hurry back my friend.

• Love 4

This AM I turned on the show to hear Mika and Joe.  I looked at my calendar, thinking somehow I slept for a month and it was now the Tuesday after Labor Day.... I have been on vacation, so did not know they made a guest appearance yesterday also.

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Mika wants to hiss about the "children

This is a perfect description of what she does.

There were so many faces from her this morning.  Disgusted face.  Frowny face.  Astonished face.  Coy face.  AAAAAAARRRGGGHH.  The comparisons with Heidi P. or Kaisie when they were subbing for her were wrenching.  I loved their presence at the table, their intelligence, their questions, the fact that the color of their hair didn't hurt my eyes. 

I wish Meek-a would just mosey on down to Connecticut, hug her pig and chickens, sit on her deck guzzling wine all day and never ever ever come back.

Edited by Ladyrain
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

This AM I turned on the show to hear Mika and Joe.  I looked at my calendar, thinking somehow I slept for a month and it was now the Tuesday after Labor Day.... I have been on vacation, so did not know they made a guest appearance yesterday also.

Guest appearance is more than generous.  Neither shows up even remotely prepared for real topics as they are too busy blabbing about what they think makes them look good (wrong).  Sometimes I think I am being way too crankypants about them until I start to scan through Twitter and I realize we are not alone and this show and the alleged hosts have totally jumped the shark.

Ladyrain and teddysmom, I couldn't agree more.  Grab your pig (both two and four legged variety) and go.

• Love 5

That fuckwit Mika is in a position to actually DO something regarding the children being separated from their parents, or women's issues, or combine the both.  She has several platforms and limitless resources.  MSNBC could have her fly KYV women to the border and research what's happening and tie it back to other issues and build a publicity platform to speak about things like this from the perspective of an expert.

HAAAAAA!  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAaaaa HAAAAA!!  ha.  whew.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

I am glad they are showing clips from Trump's rally last night and the awful behavior of the crowd toward Acosta (of course there was one tough guy that used his MAGA hate to hide his face.  Not so tough on camera are ya sparky?).

I thought I was watching a movie.

beneathapes1.jpg

11 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Ok today's (actually this week's) drinking game is clearly "Google machine" . . . Joe just loves that phrase he coined . . . oy.

It's embarrassing.   He thinks he's being cracker-barrely, a self-conscious hommage to Dubya's "the internets."   

It falls flat.   I think it was being mocked on mediaite last night.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Ok today's (actually this week's) drinking game is clearly "Google machine" . . . Joe just loves that phrase he coined . . . oy

I hate to tell Joe, but he didn't coin that phrase.  Tony Kornheiser has been using it on his radio show/podcast (and probably on PTI) for years.  Lots o' years.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ebk57 said:

I hate to tell Joe, but he didn't coin that phrase.  Tony Kornheiser has been using it on his radio show/podcast (and probably on PTI) for years.  Lots o' years.

Exactly and it galls me whenever he says it as he looks so pleased with himself (hey, all the cool kids are saying it!).  I just want to punch him in the face.

• Love 3

Joe looks nice today.  (What??  Did I say that??)   It's the first nice thing I've ever said about him; probably the last, too.  But he does look good all gussied up.  Much better than the fleecy loungewear he favors.  And by the way ---- has he lost weight?  If so, then I'll have to dislike him more than I do already.  But perhaps living with Mika tends to make one lose one's appetite.  Too bad watching her doesn't accomplish the same thing;  I'd be gaunt by now.

• Love 1

It took Joe eight minutes to let somebody other than him talk and look surprise!  Clint Watts and Jonathan Lemire are there (wish Joe could have worked that little fact into his diatribe).  Thank goodness they change clothes or otherwise I would think it was the same show as yesterday.  Maybe they should change the name from Morning Joe to Groundhog's Day.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, millennium said:

Mika said "separating childrens from their family" for the second day in a row.

They also had a bizarre bit about Idi Amin being the word of the day and winner gets a year's supply of Rice-a-Roni.  Meeks says "I love Rice-a-Roni" and everybody laughs.  I'm pretty sure that's chardonnay in that mug she has taken to clutching lately.

• Love 1
On 7/31/2018 at 5:51 PM, Chloesmom said:

John Dean is the lawyer that told the truth in Nixon's Watergate hearings and started his grease slide into finally resigning.  He has a stunning blonde wife that was quite the distraction throughout the hearings as she always sat behind him and you couldn't miss her.  They are still married and have three adorable doggies.

Howard Dean is who was actually on the show today.  If you listened very carefully you may be lucky to hear a phrase or two which is a shame as he is a smart guy and Joe is not.

I always liked Howard Dean when he was Governor of Vermont. I used to watch the local PBS affiliate when I lived in Montreal. Bernie Sanders was the Mayor of Vermont.

Why are Mika & Joe on set together today?

Why is Mika wearing the same V neck outfit as the talented Heidi Prezbbela

Why is joe trying to explain "true conservatism".?

Why are they talking about the Koch Brothers?

• Love 2

Yesterday's rhapsodizing about Johnny Carson is a perfect example of how out of touch this show has become.  Seriously, Johnny Carson?   I'm about a month older than Scarborough and in my mind Johnny Carson was a show that my FATHER watched every night (who in the next few years will probably become a great-grandfather).   Yet Scarborough and Barnicle are yammering away like Johnny Carson is must-see TV.   WHO are they talking to?   The nursing home demographic?  Newsflash, Joey, the old folks aren't watching you.   They're all tuned in to Fox waiting for President Trump to make America white again.

• Love 7
50 minutes ago, millennium said:

Mika said "separating childrens from their family" for the second day in a row.

I like Mika's royal Blue top. The Black cardigan is ok.

I like Heidi. Heidi should take Mika's job.

I find Joe to be annoying. He's not a "True Conservative"

he is a political hack that i don't take seriously.

I can't wait for my retirement papers to be signed. I will be in Sarasota this winter

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, oakville said:

Why is joe trying to explain "true conservatism".?

Why are they talking about the Koch Brothers?

Good morning Oakville, good to see you my friend!  Joe's blathering on about true conservatism because he spent last night calling around to his old republican friends to discuss their current situation and apparently they are happy to just sit and watch this dumpster fire.  This gives him the opportunity to wax nostalgic about the good ole days (because Newt Gingrich was a great SOTH).

As for the Koch brothers, them billionaires really know how to throw shade.  Our fearless leader is already burning up the Twitter machine ranting about them so I'm sure this pleases Joe and Mika to no end.

• Love 2

Joe is praying that Trump talks his people into letting him meet with Mueller.  Joe keeps baiting him, like Trump's attorneys don't think he's smart enough.  I'd like to see it too but Trump should know that  he wouldn't get a good ending.  Stay away from Mueller.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, millennium said:

Yesterday's rhapsodizing about Johnny Carson is a perfect example of how out of touch this show has become.  Seriously, Johnny Carson?   I'm about a month older than Scarborough and in my mind Johnny Carson was a show that my FATHER watched every night (who in the next few years will probably become a great-grandfather).   Yet Scarborough and Barnicle are yammering away like Johnny Carson is must-see TV.   WHO are they talking to?   The nursing home demographic?  Newsflash, Joey, the old folks aren't watching you.   They're all tuned in to Fox waiting for President Trump to make America white again.

Barnicle was an actor in the movie The Candidate with robert redford. He played a journalist.

5 minutes ago, millennium said:

WHO are they talking to?   The nursing home demographic?  Newsflash, Joey, the old folks aren't watching you.   They're all tuned in to Fox waiting for President Trump to make America white again.

Who are they talking to?  Peggy Noonan and Tom Brokaw

Millennium that last line about making America white again is the line of the day for me.  Thanks for the laugh out loud!

9 minutes ago, oakville said:

I can't wait for my retirement papers to be signed. I will be in Sarasota this winter

Hee, most people here would like to migrate to Canada Oakville right now!  Congratulations again on your well deserved retirement!

• Love 2

Wow.  Quite the riveting interview about the documentary "Active Measures".  Wow. 

And the director/write/producer ?Jack Ryan? is so gor-juss.  (And I'm old enough to be his........well, older relative).

Edited by Ladyrain
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Wow.  Quite the riveting interview about the documentary "Active Measure".  Wow. 

And the director/write/producer ?Jack Ryan? is so gor-juss.  (And I'm old enough to be his........well, older relative).

Wasn't that a great segment?  I'm glad I saw that, sounds like a great and debilitating documentary.  And yes that is one good looking young director (and I am old enough to be his . . . babysitter?).

• Love 1