Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Maybe now is the time when things have calmed down and Trump will tell us the real story about Psycho Joe and Low IQ neurotic Mika. ?

I like the cut on Mika’s dress. The First Couple hasn’t been matching a lot this week.

• Love 3

Oakville--how lovely that you are taking early retirement just so you can resume recapping for us!!

Joe keeps baiting him, like Trump's attorneys don't think he's smart enough.

75% of the entire 3 hour broadcast is baiting Trump.  It's so transparent and they don't even care.  It's the old "tell your surly teen you don't want him to do something so that he immediately goes and does just that."  And this comprises 75% of a multi million dollar major network AM news show???

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 5

They don't have the intellectual curiosity or the will to do anything else. Trump bashing is juvenile, and easy. 

Like someone else, if Miss KYV really cared about those kids, she'd get her skinny ass down to Texas, or to a holding facility in San Diego, and talk to the people there. No, it's much easier to sit in a chair in an air conditioned studio,  where you have 20 people at your beck and call, and clean out your purse, text, fail spectacularly at reading a teleprompter, and continue  your  #MeToo/Stockholm Syndrome relationship with boyfriend/boss. 

I'm wondering if this show is going to Willie soon, he is much more engaged in interviews and commentary than he used to be.  He'll run an entire segment now, which I don't recall him ever doing this much in the past. 

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Oakville--how lovely that you are taking early retirement just so you can resume recapping for us!!

75% of the entire 3 hour broadcast is baiting Trump.  It's so transparent and they don't even care.  It's the old tell your surly teen you don't want him to do something so he immediately goes and does just that.  And this comprises 75% of a multi mission dollar major network AM news show???

There was so much to pick from today but the truly low spot for me was when they had on a female guest that was explaining in detail how Facebook is distributing misinformation which is something I get the impression many people just don't get/grasp.  She got through speaking and Joe mumbled some asshat comment about Pinterest.  The look on the woman's face was priceless.  He would have had a lesser impact if he had physically slapped her across the face.  Willie came to the rescue and brought the conversation back to where it should be but the two of them act like they are in detention and are trying to irritate the substitute teacher.

• Love 2

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/08/02/active_measures_documentary_says_russian_mob_marked_donald_trump_in_2002.html

Mika can make a frumpy cardigan look frumpier than anyone else on TV.  I honestly hope they're both on their way out.  I bet they want to quit so badly, but don't want to give Trump that gift.

The Pinterest situation occurs at around 3:00 in:  http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/foreign-interference-broad-ongoing-says-expert-1290722883830  But truly hilarious is at 10:20 where Barnicle dismisses everything these two national security experts were discussing regarding the devastating influence of propaganda and the weaponizing of information, by conflating it with hacking infrastructure grids.  He might as well have just said "I'm an old man.  Computers.  What do we do?"  This show needs to be better.  They are lazy and a part of the problem.

100% chance this is true:  MSNBC producers when asked about Barnicle, "He just keeps showing up.  We stopped paying him in 2011."

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

100% chance this is true:  MSNBC producers when asked about Barnicle, "He just keeps showing up.  We stopped paying him in 2011."

Barnicle irritates me more than anyone else on the show. I hope he isn't getting paid, because all he does is show up when it is convenient for him, take up a chair on the set, and contribute nothing.

• Love 2

Hi. I’ve been chuckling at this thread for a while so can I join in.  I’m a Brit taking refuge from Brexit and listening to MSNBC via Tune In.   I don’t see the outfits or the posing for camera so thank you for adding colour to my listening.  

This morning It seems to be Mika and Willie.  Not sure what’s happened to Joe as I missed the opening.  Mika is always better without Joe.  She seems more confident somehow. 

• Love 6

I don't know what to make of the briefing room dog and pony show that MJ just recapped.    Dan Coats, Christopher Wray and others come out and say Russia's chipping away at our election system.   Hours later, Trump calls it a hoax.

I was talking to someone yesterday who suspects it's the start of a pretext to suspend the midterm elections because the voting mechanisms are vulnerable, compromised, whatever -- or, failing that, to invalidate and discard the results.

I wish I could have just laughed it off.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 2

Two unconnected things:

1) I was listening to yesterday’s show and heard Joe say something about “Eight years ago when we were on a book tour with Dr. B...”. Did he just publicly acknowledge they were together before divorcing?

2) Today, Mika just said they thought DJT was unfit in Dec 2015. Yet they continued to support him and give him a friendly forum for a year? These two are shameless. Putting access/ratings above country makes them no better than those politicians Joe rants about every day. Sad!

• Love 3

Millennium. I’m having a cuppa right now! 

I’ve seen your theory about the midterms elsewhere.  It seems v plausible now. What frustrates me about MJ is the limitations of their thinking.  They seem to accept things at face value despite all the mounting evidence to the contrary.  

• Love 1

Well I see Mika showed up today (as opposed to Meeks).  She hurled some major (and pretty funny shade) at her arch enemy Ivanka with that "the children are not your discontinued dresses" line . . . hee!  I missed the first 10 minutes of the show but Mika was in the middle of a monologue that sounded interesting (with none of her usual hystronics).  I hope they replay that part at the top of the last hour.  And great line by Willie when they were discussing Manafort's jackets and asked "our fashion maven" Donny Deutsch to weigh in . . . another hee.  They were having a good conversation about something and I actually wince when Willie threw it to Jonathan Swan just waiting for Joe to cut in and sidetrack the conversation.  What a pleasant surprise to my system, I don't know where he is and I don't care.

Welcome Woodman, I am enjoying your thoughts and perspective from our friends across the pond!

eta:  The Ivanka shade kicks in around the 2:00 mark:

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/mika-brzezinski-issues-fiery-rebuke-of-ivanka-family-separation-not-a-low-point-for-you-its-a-national-disgrace/

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 2

Holy shit.  6:50 AM Mika eviscerates Ivanka for about 15 minutes over the immigrant child situation.  What brunch or cocktail party did Ivanka not invite Mika to, or invite her and pee into her Cosmopolitan?  YIKES.

Hi. I’ve been chuckling at this thread for a while so can I join in.  I’m a Brit taking refuge from Brexit and listening to MSNBC via Tune In. 

Welcome Woodman! We have a lot of fun here.  Hey, there's an open position as a highly unpaid Morning Joe recapper here each AM.  You up for it??

And because it's our job to be shallow here, Mika's eye makeup is like the nuclear bomb-version of the smoky eye.  At 6 AM, with a hot pink business cardigan, its beyond jarring.

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, WhineandCheez said:

Holy shit.  6:50 AM Mika evicerates Ivanka for aobut 15 minutes over the imigrant child situation.  what brunch or cocktail party did Ivanka not invite Mika to, or invite her and pee into her Cosmopolitan?  YIKES.

Methinks they both have what I would call Michael Cohen syndrome that being they thought they were on track to have WH positions and that didn't happen.  I've read a few articles about it and it also has popped up in Emily Jane Fox's book (Mika was going to work on women's initiatives with Ivanka).  I'll try and get back to the book this weekend to see if it gets fleshed out any further.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Looking at those trillions of replays of Trumps rally last night in PA, anyone notice the Evil Twin teenage girls placed behind him, to our right?  That is beyond bizarre....

THANK YOU (I thought it was just me) . . . yikes!

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Looking at those trillions of replays of Trumps rally last night in PA, anyone notice the Evil Twin teenage girls placed behind him, to our right?  That is beyond bizarre....

Were those teenage girls? They looked like 10 or 11 year olds that could have been in The Shining with too much makeup on.

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Yes-- I even commented on that to my sister when they showed clips later on

Edited by Watson
typo
  • Love 2

Been away a couple of days..came back to same-old-same-old.  Joe not being there.  How many vacation/sick days do these two get? It is bad when the usual panel members show up more often than the hosts.  I have been trying to see if Meeka had any work done during her Time Off Vacation Days; I can't tell. I would think it would be around the eyes; but with all the eye make-up, it is hard to tell.

Yes!  Those creepy girls sitting in back of Trump...actually, they were showing a lot of kids sitting there.  I have to wonder why the camera never pans out so we can see the empty seats in the arena.  And I agree with something one of the MSNBC hosts said yesterday...just stop showing anything from the rallies.  Was it John Heileman?  Take some of the oxygen out of this stuff.

Sorry, I know everyone thinks how much better Meeka is when Joe is not there. And she is.  I just don't think there is anything "there" with her.  Anything she says is rehearsed and rehearsed.  And I thought her Ivanka rehearsed rant was just too much.  And The Children.  There is no bandwagon she won't get on if she thinks it will further her goals...which I guess is her KYV schtick.  God.  I can't stand her.  I think both of The Gold Dust Twins are on their way out. 

Yet.  This show can still inform and entertain.  The guests, for the most part, are knowledgeable and have some humor.  The latter you really need if you are a panel member.  And you cannot have a big ego; the host would crush you if you did.

• Love 3

Wait...what did I miss?  During the hand-off to Stephanie Ruhle, Meeka said (cryptically)...that she was "going to box John Heileman's ears" ... "because he deserves it"...what?  I didn't see all of the show...what did he say? God.  

I’ve missed most of the show and would make a **** recapper.   I agree about the Michael Cohen syndrome Chloesmom.  I only starting listening a year ago but it’s as though they are trying to shadow the WH advisers.  Mika has an issue with Ivanka and SHS. 

So handed to Stephanie Ruhle early?  And being all chummy chummy?   It makes a change.   It was almost as if they were fed up of doing the show and keen to finish it.  

• Love 1

Yelling at Ivanka for being Ivanka is ridiculous and lazy, ie Mika's MO.   The woman has the IQ of a pin cushion, she is a dead behind the eyes Barbie Doll  and may gently comment that she didn't like something that happened, but there is NO WAY IN HELL she will ever go against her father. 

And "selling the company because of politics". FFS Mika. She sold that company because it was losing money hand over fist and now she gets the tax write off. 

If they wanted to show what an out of touch dilettante Ivanka is, they should have shown the clip where Allen asked her what were high points of her time in the Administration,  she looked like a dog who'd been asked his thoughts on nuclear physics.  She then answered "I think a high point is when I get out of Washington". 

Yes, the favorite part of anyone's job is when they aren't there.   Just ask Joe & Mika. 

Showing that rally and then going around the table "rapid fire" and asking everyone "what do you think of this?"  Why not show a house on fire and ask "what do you all think of this?" 

Same shit, different day.  She has nothing to say, no interest in being there.

The only thing that changes is the notation of where the rally is. 

We've seen this movie, Mika. Move on. 

The elections will be held. And I'm sure it wasn't Trump who told those people to go out and declare Russia is meddling again/still.  It was probably Kelly or Coats who rallied the troops and "said" it was Trump.   Here's an idea, county/state election boards. Tell your employees and volunteers to NOT CLICK ON ANY EMAIL links.  And reset your voting machines. Get software experts out to install firewalls.  JFC. 

• Love 6

Mika v Ivanka was a waste of time. 

There are and have been so many things to call her out on over the past three years.

Thank God she "sold" her fashion company and can now devote her time to public policy. (Ivanka's words not mine).

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

The woman has the IQ of a pin cushion, she is a dead behind the eyes Barbie Doll  and may gently comment that she didn't like something that happened, but there is NO WAY IN HELL she will ever go against her father. 

Is this Mika or Ivanka? Lol

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, XOQueens said:
49 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

The woman has the IQ of a pin cushion, she is a dead behind the eyes Barbie Doll  and may gently comment that she didn't like something that happened, but there is NO WAY IN HELL she will ever go against her father. 

You know when I re read before posting I almost added "maybe this is why Mika is so jealous of Ivanka, she sees a brain dead zombie whose father adored her, instead of chastising her for not working hard enough in school". 

• Love 1

Remember all those times Mika took an oppositional public stance against her father out of moral rectitude?  All those times she renounced his professional work when her father was demonstrably incorrect?  Yeh.  Me either.
Also, how sexist of Mika to lay the child separation and immigration crisis at Ivanka's feet.  How the fuck is it Ivanka's responsibility that the current administration is soulless and evil?  Because she has ovaries?  What the fuck is that about?
Mika's so stupid it's incredible.

This morning after the panel discussed Trump's 2-note rally, obvious vacuousness, hypocrisy, gaslighting and pandering for the millionth time, she offers this gem:  I'm just gonna say it.  It's not popular.  Many won't say it.  I'm just gonna say it.  He's not right.  There's something wrong with him.
And then goes off on a pet theory that Trump isn't sane.  I would pay Heilemann to say what he really thinks of Mika. 

• Love 8

The elections will be held. And I'm sure it wasn't Trump who told those people to go out and declare Russia is meddling again/still.  It was probably Kelly or Coats who rallied the troops and "said" it was Trump.   Here's an idea, county/state election boards. Tell your employees and volunteers to NOT CLICK ON ANY EMAIL links.  And reset your voting machines. Get software experts out to install firewalls.  JFC. 

Or just go to paper balloting.

What annoys me is Ivanka was not elected and is not a gov't official no matter what she or this Administration says. As someone said above, she's just a dilettante who fancies herself as someone others need to take seriously. So, when Donny said something like, "leaving aside the humanitarian argument, Ivanka should do something about the child immigrant issue for the sake of her political future." HER political future? On what planet does Ivanka have a political future? Is she going to run for something? What? Where? What about her business past which has been checkered, to say the least? Wasn't she almost charged with fraud before the D.A. was paid off?

https://www.propublica.org/article/ivanka-donald-trump-jr-close-to-being-charged-felony-fraud

And, I'm sure this isn't the only shady thing she's been involved with. She's a chip off the old block.

• Love 4

You know when I re read before posting I almost added "maybe this is why Mika is so jealous of Ivanka, she sees a brain dead zombie whose father adored her, instead of chastising her for not working hard enough in school"

I can totally see Dr. Z  saying in a heavy Polish accent that Mika is hot and if she wasn't his daughter he'd get some of that  (I kid).

Leaving aside the humanitarian argument, Ivanka should do something about the child immigrant issue for the sake of her political future." HER political future? On what planet does Ivanka have a political future?

She's referring to that old article posted around the beginning of the Admin that Jared was going to run for President first, then Ivanka would. And I would rather have either one of them than Trump, sadly.

1 hour ago, Woodman said:

I’ve missed most of the show and would make a **** recapper.   I agree about the Michael Cohen syndrome Chloesmom.  I only starting listening a year ago but it’s as though they are trying to shadow the WH advisers.  Mika has an issue with Ivanka and SHS. 

So handed to Stephanie Ruhle early?  And being all chummy chummy?   It makes a change.   It was almost as if they were fed up of doing the show and keen to finish it.  

Meeks handed it off to Stephanie Ruhle with a great clip of Stephanie just dunking on someone that was trying to defend Trump with something that wasn't true (it was a great clip).  She then mentioned something about boxing Heileman's ears (good luck on that as he is 6' 5" so she probably can't even reach said ears) but I do know there is bad blood between them.  Years ago they had a bad fight right on the air and I thought Heileman was going to go over the table at her (his sidekick at the time Halperin just sat there with that gross smirk of his and for once Joe was stunned into silence) and I'm not sure that rift was ever healed over.

19 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

I can totally see Dr. Z  saying in a heavy Polish accent that Mika is hot and if she wasn't his daughter he'd get some of that  (I kid).

Oh don't do that to me, eeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww (and more than a little hee)!

1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

eaving aside the humanitarian argument, Ivanka should do something about the child immigrant issue for the sake of her political future." HER political future? On what planet does Ivanka have a political future?

No one would vote for this numbskull, unless she moved to a southern state and starting giving away Ivanka apparel at scrapbooking parties.  

I was looking up the Heileman/Mika feud but found this gift instead.   Ouch. 

http://dailycaller.com/2017/05/01/viewers-are-clamoring-for-morning-joe-without-joe-and-mika/

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 3

I could not read the item on Daily Caller...it cut me off when I said "no" to subscribing; I probably did something wrong with my clicker.

I also searched for anything that might explain Meeka's hand-off to Stephanie Ruhle.  She was snippy about Heileman; but then it was her well-practiced "snippy" and probably not genuine.  I don't know if he was on for the entire show.  He subbed for Nicole Wallace yesterday; and I think he was on other MSNBC shows last night, too.  Surely there is a gossipy site about tv personalities out there somewhere.

50 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I could not read the item on Daily Caller...it cut me off when I said "no" to subscribing; I probably did something wrong with my clicker.

It's basically stuff they found on Twitter "enjoying the show w/o Joe & Mika".   Willie handles hosting seamlessly and keeps the panel engaged.

You know, what we all say. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I was looking up the Heileman/Mika feud but found this gift instead.   Ouch. 

http://dailycaller.com/2017/05/01/viewers-are-clamoring-for-morning-joe-without-joe-and-mika/

Scar-Zinski is my new fave rave . . . that is perfection . . . hee!

2 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

It's basically stuff they found on Twitter "enjoying the show w/o Joe & Mika".   Willie handles hosting seamlessly and keeps the panel engaged.

You know, what we all say. 

Safety in numbers.  We shall overcome . . . :)

• Love 3
On 8/2/2018 at 7:34 AM, Chloesmom said:

Good morning Oakville, good to see you my friend!  Joe's blathering on about true conservatism because he spent last night calling around to his old republican friends to discuss their current situation and apparently they are happy to just sit and watch this dumpster fire.  This gives him the opportunity to wax nostalgic about the good ole days (because Newt Gingrich was a great SOTH).

As for the Koch brothers, them billionaires really know how to throw shade.  Our fearless leader is already burning up the Twitter machine ranting about them so I'm sure this pleases Joe and Mika to no end.

Thanks Chloe! I hope to get my 'severance cheque" before Xmas.

I can't recall if I ever discussed my personal run in with your current President at the USA at the Ritz in SRQ

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Landsnark said:

Interesting, but we should also analyze the cognitive decline of Mika & Joe compared to Trump. The show used to be cool. Now it's uncool

9 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Scar-Zinski is my new fave rave . . . that is perfection . . . hee!

Safety in numbers.  We shall overcome . . . :)

Mika & Joe should quit . I would be OK with Kasie & Willie

• Love 3
3 hours ago, oakville said:

I can't recall if I ever discussed my personal run in with your current President at the USA at the Ritz in SRQ

Oh do tell my friend, spill it!

3 hours ago, oakville said:

Interesting, but we should also analyze the cognitive decline of Mika & Joe compared to Trump.

No truer words have ever been spoken my friend.  Those two have no business speaking to the mental state of anyone based on their on air antics.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Landsnark said:

Remember all those times Mika took an oppositional public stance against her father out of moral rectitude?  All those times she renounced his professional work when her father was demonstrably incorrect?  Yeh.  Me either.
Also, how sexist of Mika to lay the child separation and immigration crisis at Ivanka's feet.  How the fuck is it Ivanka's responsibility that the current administration is soulless and evil?  Because she has ovaries?  What the fuck is that about?
Mika's so stupid it's incredible.

This morning after the panel discussed Trump's 2-note rally, obvious vacuousness, hypocrisy, gaslighting and pandering for the millionth time, she offers this gem:  I'm just gonna say it.  It's not popular.  Many won't say it.  I'm just gonna say it.  He's not right.  There's something wrong with him.
And then goes off on a pet theory that Trump isn't sane.  I would pay Heilemann to say what he really thinks of Mika. 

I can't take Mika seriously.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Oh do tell my friend, spill it!

No truer words have ever been spoken my friend.  Those two have no business speaking to the mental state of anyone based on their on air antics.

The incident occurred in August 2012 during the RNC convention to to nominate Mitt Romney . In retrospect, he was actually pretty nice  after his "security detail" told my then  12 year old daughter  to get out of the special "Club Level" elevator at the Ritz Carlton in Sarasota. He shook my hand & apologized to my daughter. He is much taller in person than I would have thought.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 1
On 8/2/2018 at 10:12 AM, teddysmom said:

They don't have the intellectual curiosity or the will to do anything else. Trump bashing is juvenile, and easy. 

Like someone else, if Miss KYV really cared about those kids, she'd get her skinny ass down to Texas, or to a holding facility in San Diego, and talk to the people there. No, it's much easier to sit in a chair in an air conditioned studio,  where you have 20 people at your beck and call, and clean out your purse, text, fail spectacularly at reading a teleprompter, and continue  your  #MeToo/Stockholm Syndrome relationship with boyfriend/boss. 

I'm wondering if this show is going to Willie soon, he is much more engaged in interviews and commentary than he used to be.  He'll run an entire segment now, which I don't recall him ever doing this much in the past. 

I think the new title of the show should be Morning Willie with Kasie!:)) 

• Love 1
On 8/2/2018 at 9:54 AM, WhineandCheez said:

75% of the entire 3 hour broadcast is baiting Trump.  It's so transparent and they don't even care.  It's the old "tell your surly teen you don't want him to do something so that he immediately goes and does just that."  And this comprises 75% of a multi million dollar major network AM news show???

I am also retiring because I have a very stressful job that require me to commute almot 3 hour  a day. It's not worth all the stress. My wife is very mad about my decision, because she is worried that I will spend the entire day snarking on Cable news personalities!.

• Love 5

Well, you COULD spent an entire day snarking on cable news personalities.  The possibilities are endless...on MSNBC, not to mention the other networks.  You could start at 6:am and end at 11:00.  I would actually subscribe to something like this.  Podcast?  You could have a second career.  Mediaite maybe?  Although they seem to be enamored with the Gold Dust Twins.

• Love 2

Well, mom and dad are in separate studios/bunkers but appear to be in love and I have to say it's been a good start to the show (it also appears to be pink/purple tie day).  Joe wrote a new column for the WP but at least it isn't yet another rehash of his Trump dump.

I am sorry Joe is in the bunker as Rick Wilson is going to be on in the last hour as his book launches tomorrow.  As both he and Joe are from the Tallahassee area, I always thought it was kind of odd they never interacted on Twitter and wanted to see how they were in the studio together but oh well.

Oh and my fave rave Peggy Noonan will be on today . . . :)

16 hours ago, Kemper said:

Mediaite maybe?  Although they seem to be enamored with the Gold Dust Twins.

Kemper, Mediaite is owned by Dan Abrams who used to work/run MSNBC way back in the day so I am sure their relationship is more than cozy.  I was displeased with them when they were off at the beach and Mediaite ran a story about Joe making it look like he was on the air when it was actually based on one of his tweets as they usually report on what's on tv.  Just rubbed me the wrong way.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, millennium said:

Did anyone else hear a sound like a gunshot in the background near the end of the Greg Miller interview? 

No, I just replayed the last maybe three minutes and I didn't hear anything (maybe a small crashing type noise like somebody dropped something but nothing overt).