Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Who is this Michael Warren doofus? Why was he permitted to claim that these interned immigrants had broken the law when it has been consistently reported that these people are requesting asylum, WHICH IS NOT ILLEGAL? People are being separated at legal ports of entry! And when they’re turned away from those ports of entry, yes, they are crossing elsewhere but then presenting themselves to CBP. No one corrected him; they just let him spout his bullshit.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Eliot said:

Who is this Michael Warren doofus? Why was he permitted to claim that these interned immigrants had broken the law when it has been consistently reported that these people are requesting asylum, WHICH IS NOT ILLEGAL? People are being separated at legal ports of entry! And when they’re turned away from those ports of entry, yes, they are crossing elsewhere but then presenting themselves to CBP. No one corrected him; they just let him spout his bullshit.

Where are the children?

Where are the girls?

Why isn't Ivanka doing something about this?

Yeah no sorry actually arguing facts is not in Mika's soundtrack and Joe probably wasn't listening at all as he was preparing his next five minutes of b.s..  I've pretty much thrown in the towel on substantive conversation for this show.

• Love 4

Meeka's reaction to Willie's "throne sniffing" remark was priceless.  After her shocked face and "never heard it called that..." she wrinkled her nose and said "ew."  Best MJ moment in quite awhile. Again, Joe speaking the word "Conservative" like he is the Conservative Whisperer.  I would like to ask him where his precious Conservative policies have gotten us...besides a boatload of debt.  I really would like to see him expound on this.

I don't know how to add something to my post.  But.  Has anyone noticed that Mr. Assistant Wrestling Coach is now wearing long-sleeved shirts?  Usually he appears on tv with the bad tie and short-sleeved shirts.  Wonder why?  Does he maybe thinks it makes him look more statesman-like?

• Love 3

I had to chuckle at the irony of Joe lambasting the Fox News personalities who defended Bush and are now defending Trump, squawking, “It’s on tape! It’s all on tape!” As if we also don’t have his Trump suck-uppery on tape as well.

I also appreciated the thinly-veiled jab at Hugh Hewitt for the lame-ass defense of Pruitt. I wonder how much Joe had to do with the cancellation of Hewitt’s show. Maybe he didn’t like having another “conservative” on the network.

• Love 1
(edited)

Did Joe and Mika leave after the second hour? Where are they?

Now they’re showing a segment taped yesterday. Lol. Two hours must have been just too much work for them.

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 5

Well it is Friday for Chris sake! Jesus they were at work the day after the 4th! It was like they only had 15 minutes off! What does the world want from them? They’re only 2 people!  

Ps. I miss Oakville

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Eliot said:

I had to chuckle at the irony of Joe lambasting the Fox News personalities who defended Bush and are now defending Trump, squawking, “It’s on tape! It’s all on tape!” As if we also don’t have his Trump suck-uppery on tape as well.

That reference to baby-snatchers got to me.  I'm surprised no one has taken a tape of children and babies crying and played it at one of Trump's rallies. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I think summer may be a good time to cut the show to two hours and give the third to live programming - maybe Velshi & Ruhle, who don’t suffer fools. Joe & Mika clearly are exhausted. Cut their work week from 15 hours to 10 hours a week.  

Edited by may flowers
  • Love 6
(edited)

I'm only reading the captions on the gym's screen but it seems I have to give Joe credit for never referring to trump as president trump.

Joe wedged in Dershowitz very briefly. He doesn't deserve a second. Lest we forget he was part of OJ's dream team. 

Edited by stormy
  • Love 1

This has been the first bunker-free week for quite some time. Joe referenced in passing that he has been packing up his house to move (to Mika's?), so it will be interesting to see if the CT bunker appearances end soon. I'm sure there will still be vacation bunker appearances, though.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, madfortv said:
2 hours ago, madfortv said:
3 hours ago, Eliot said:

That reference to baby-snatchers got to me.  I'm surprised no one has taken a tape of children and babies crying and played it at one of Trump's rallies. 

It seemed like no matter how many channels I switched to this morning, there was that horrible Montana rally. I saw many kids obviously taken there by their LOTUS supporters. So, are we witnessing a whole generation of bullies, liars, and law breakers being cultivated by witnessing the biggest liar of them all??? What on Earth is wrong with those jerks who stand there cheering while men and women of true courage are being made the butt of nasty, insulting jokes? When John McCain and GHW Bush finally do pass, will there be a "thoughts and prayers" coming from the WH? If I were the McCain and Bush families, I'd tell him where to put those phony "thought and prayers" really quickly. Okay, sorry for the long rant, but I'm so ashamed and disgusted by what's happening in this country. Have a nice day(sarcasm, of course)!

• Love 13

Megan McCain has spoken out and even defended Joe Biden when trump went after him recently.

But is truly a sad day when it's an embarrassment to see that God awful shit show played over and over again.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, novhappy said:

Well it is Friday for Chris sake! Jesus they were at work the day after the 4th! It was like they only had 15 minutes off! What does the world want from them? They’re only 2 people!  

Ps. I miss Oakville

I am lurking. My latest test results show improvement. I lost 17 lbs in 1 month. I have a weird feeling when I try to watch Morning Joe. I can’t take them seriously anymore. I switched to CNBC. My early retirement plans are on track. I can do full recaps once I am in SRQ.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, oakville said:

I can’t take them seriously anymore. 

I never take them seriously, but that's why I watch. I get a good laugh from watching.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, cased said:

I never take them seriously, but that's why I watch. I get a good laugh from watching.

It's true, but since I will be "cashing out my pension plan", I have to focus on watching the markets.:) Investment income will be key.

I suspect Joe is repeating his talking points about the GOP not standing up to Trump. Put up or shut up, Joe.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, suomi said:

If you wish to be considered for reinstatement, we're gonna need to see a note from your doctor. :)

The test results show that I am no longer "diabetic" & BP is back to normal. Perhaps , I will wait till Labor Day.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, oakville said:

The test results show that I am no longer "diabetic" & BP is back to normal. Perhaps , I will wait till Labor Day.

XLNT news! Come back when you feel good about doing so (and not a minute sooner).

• Love 3
13 hours ago, suomi said:

XLNT news! Come back when you feel good about doing so (and not a minute sooner).

I second Suomi's post.  Not a minute sooner but it is so good to see you again! 

• Love 1

I don't know if this will get merged into my previous post as I would like to keep the two separate as they address two different things but if not I have to give a shout out to Joe for his tweets in support/reference to the awful things President Bone Spurs said at his rally in Montana.  I am so happy to see some genuine anger building on the republican side and stepping up and speaking out.  I watched the John McCain documentary on HBO yesterday and sobbed through the whole thing as someone who still vividly remembers the Viet Nam war.  No matter your politics, both he and GHWB deserve far, far better than what happened at that rally.

• Love 7
On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 9:43 AM, cased said:

This has been the first bunker-free week for quite some time. Joe referenced in passing that he has been packing up his house to move (to Mika's?), so it will be interesting to see if the CT bunker appearances end soon. I'm sure there will still be vacation bunker appearances, though.

I do believe they are co-habituating as Joe mentioned he and the Meeks were turning into their driveway and a group of kids started yelling soccer related things at him.  She of course did her not now Joe mumblings but I do believe they are officially sharing an abode.

• Love 2
(edited)
57 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

I do believe they are co-habituating as Joe mentioned he and the Meeks were turning into their driveway and a group of kids started yelling soccer related things at him.  She of course did her not now Joe mumblings but I do believe they are officially sharing an abode.

I wonder if that explains their shortness with each other lately. Lol. It’s going to be a spectacular divorce.

Regardless, being in studio all week was the least Joe could do after being gone all last week. 

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, XOQueens said:

I wonder if that explains their shortness with each other lately. Lol. It’s going to be a spectacular divorce.

Regardless, being in studio all week was the least Joe could do after being gone all last week. 

Apparently the dynamic duo is in Maine this weekend (which explains their early getaway on Friday). Mika's sister-in-law Natalia posted an Instagram story showing them there (not sure if it is still there, they disappear after 24 hours). Joe was playing Connect Four and Mika was in the background taking either a photo or video of Joe.

I wonder if they will be back on Monday, or if we will be treated to a reprise of the Maine Bunker.

Edited by cased
  • Love 2

Hi everyone, I am pleased to report that I got my latest medical results on Friday, & I am fully recovered from the BP & Diabetes conditions I was diagnosed with in early June. I gave up cable news, alcohol, & started eating  better & exercising regularly. I lost 20lbs! since May 23rd.  I think I am well enough to try & recap part of Morning Joe. I will take a very sarcastic view of the show now.  I can only watch 15-30 minutes & I will attach a  blood pressure monitor to my arm while I recap the show. I am still hoping to get a winter home in Florida for my retirement. If all goes well, I will retire before age 50 this fall .

People should calm down & realize that the USA will be OK after Trump & his minions leave office. Americans & Canadians have been fiends for 200 + years. It's the British army not us( Canadians)  that burnt down the White House:))

I am out of the loop on whatever Trump or Joe & Mika have been doing lately.

Cheers!

On 7/7/2018 at 3:26 PM, cased said:

Apparently the dynamic duo is in Maine this weekend (which explains their early getaway on Friday). Mika's sister-in-law Natalia posted an Instagram story showing them there (not sure if it is still there, they disappear after 24 hours). Joe was playing Connect Four and Mika was in the background taking either a photo or video of Joe.

I wonder if they will be back on Monday, or if we will be treated to a reprise of the Maine Bunker.

I love the Maine Bunker!

On 7/7/2018 at 2:56 PM, stormy said:

Happy to hear your vitals are A+ Oakville.

However, I prefer Bloomberg over CNBC.

Good point, but I remember the characters on CNBC. Kramer is much more rational now. I like watching the ticker.

On 7/7/2018 at 12:09 PM, Chloesmom said:

I don't know if this will get merged into my previous post as I would like to keep the two separate as they address two different things but if not I have to give a shout out to Joe for his tweets in support/reference to the awful things President Bone Spurs said at his rally in Montana.  I am so happy to see some genuine anger building on the republican side and stepping up and speaking out.  I watched the John McCain documentary on HBO yesterday and sobbed through the whole thing as someone who still vividly remembers the Viet Nam war.  No matter your politics, both he and GHWB deserve far, far better than what happened at that rally.

Why can't Joe and whatever moderate GOP politicians that are left find a candidate to challenge Trump in 2020? Joe is yelling at clouds.

• Love 5
On 7/6/2018 at 8:06 PM, oakville said:

I am back now, so I want to do very sarcastic recaps of Beeker & Mika:))

• Love 6

Kasie Hunt can fuck right off this morning. I turned on her show briefly last night, heard Alan Dershowitz whining about his social “ostracism,” and immediately switched it off.

I expected better from her. She is dead to me now. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Eliot said:

Kasie Hunt can fuck right off this morning. I turned on her show briefly last night, heard Alan Dershowitz whining about his social “ostracism,” and immediately switched it off.

I expected better from her. She is dead to me now. 

No she's doing great, Meeks just said so . . . . blech.  Anyone that has that clown on is dead to me too including that former friend to the show NYT Jeremy Peters.

Oakville, again I am so glad you are well and will now resume recapping Spanky and Our Gang (beginning with Meeks ensemble today please)!

• Love 2
6 hours ago, oakville said:

I am back now, so I want to do very sarcastic recaps of Beeker & Mika:))

If you can't say something nice about someone, come sit right here by us.

• Love 6

Monday Recap. I watched 8 minutes of Morning Joe. Nothing has changed in a month .Beeker & Mika are back on set together. Mika is wearing a turqoise top with a blue jacket. Kasie ! is in the library with a new dress.Beeker is wearing a red tie. Beeker wanted to talk about the Red Sox & World Cup Soccer. Kasie! got a rock star intro. Why? It's dumb. Nice to see the fresh faced panel of Barnicle & Mr the World is in Disarray .

Mika had trouble with the Teleprompter. She called Nato, Nata & had trouble with the world ridicule. Mika needs glasses.

Mika is mad that children are going missing because the US government lost them.

Joe is mad at Trump for violating constitutional norms & being all palsy walsy with Putin.

It's a big week for the USA. Trump will pick a new justice for the Supreme Court.

Joe said he was right about North Korea not completely denuclearizing.

Mika mocked Trump.

Joe was mad about Trump having a secret meeting with Putin with no note takers.

That's all I can handle today::)))

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

Outstanding . . . hee!

Thank you. But I must confess that it's one of Alice Roosevelt Longworth's needlepoint pillows! 

• Love 1
(edited)
12 minutes ago, millennium said:

I just switched off during the soccer segment.

I am increasingly turned off by the "man-cave" atmosphere of this show.   

Well, it does provide opportunity for Scoop to clean out her purse on live TV. I nearly fell out of bed laughing the first time I saw her do that. Kate McKinnon needs to add that tidbit.

Edited by suomi
typo
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Is be-clowned a real word?  Joe keeps saying it over and over.

Yes he is quite fond of that today isn't he (although he did get a great line in earlier today when he first started tossing it around and he said something about the Queen wants her knighthood back when discussing Giuliani).

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, suomi said:

Well, it does provide opportunity for Scoop to clean out her purse on live TV. I nearly fell out of bed laughing the first time I saw her do that. Kate McKinnon needs to add that tidbit.

Hee, that and I get that every beverage in front of her has a straw so as not to mess with her lipstick but the other day someone stuck a straw that would have been better suited to a Big Gulp in her coffee cup.  She wouldn't even have to pick it up to drink out of it, just a slight lean would do.  I so hope they are included in SNL's next season as the skits write themselves.

• Love 3

Of course Joe has to bring up Lincoln and his new favorite quote in this Mandela segment. Of course.

Joe is relatively quiet, outside of the misplaced Lincoln monologue, during this segment. Has he never read a Mandela biography?

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, millennium said:

That's a pretty good likeness.  

I just wish news shows would stop booking both Giuliani and Dershowitz.  Both are just distracting, useless shiny objects.  I am sorry I missed the Mandela segment but I tapped out after the first hour.

• Love 1

I actually laughed when Joe went on and on about how a 30 something year old dictator duped this idiot into standing in front of the NK flag and shaking his hand.

• Love 3

Was I the only person offended by Meacham comparing people in the US living under Trump's insanity to the Thai boys trapped in the cave? 

I mean, Trump sucks but I've eaten in the last 12 days and I'm not praying to sweet Jesus (or Buddha) that I get out of a 3 mile long tunnel alive. 

JFC. 

Kasie should have stuck with her reporting gig at Congress. She & Tur are both dead to me.   I'm surprised she hasn't tried to book Halperin's Rehabilitation Tour for Aunt Mika for her little Sunday Night with the GOP. 

She's about as tone deaf as Mika and Joe, but she's got ass kissing down to a fucking science. 

• Love 2