Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

*Quietly raising a hand to say, I kind of know*

I've lived in MA my entire life, which of course included the Romney governorship.  I can't say he was awful, because he wasn't.  As a Democrat, was I happy when he won? No.  But it actually didn't turn out so badly.  He instituted mandatory healthcare for the state, which was a great boon to many citizens.  And he's one of the (very few, apparently) NON-crazy republicans.  In comparison to tRump, Mitt is a breath of badly needed fresh air.  And I amaze and shock myself as I type those words, being the fervent Progressive that I am.

I'll have to go back and rewatch this morning's MJ to digest what they were saying about Mitt vs. tRump. 

While I love all their take-downs of DT, Sessions, etc., I can never forget their almost daily phone calls with the candidate, giggling and fawning all over him, giving him a public platform to spew.  So while I enjoy and appreciate their derision now, I still put some of the blame on them for their previous hawking of him getting him elected.  ----- I did enjoy their taking down of Jefferson Beauregard Sessions this morning.

So I lived in Boston for 35 years, including during the Romney era. Here’s the thing about him. He wasn’t a bad governor. But he was a not-bad governor because he has zero, I mean ZERO, core principles. He will say or do whatever he thinks will win him favor with whatever constituency he wants to appeal to. So he’s a moderate Republican for Massachusetts, becomes a rabid conservative when he runs for President, stands up against Trump when it looks like Trump isn’t going to win, cozies up to him after the election, and now talks a “brave” game but can’t even come out with a firm statement against kids in cages other than, “That shouldn’t have happened,” as if it just somehow befell our nation versus being a conscious policy by this administration.

My point about all this - and how it is relevant to the show - is that it is ridiculous for Joe to applaud Romney’s “integrity” simply because of some tepid op-ed that really said nothing meaningful. Romney has no integrity and never has had any integrity.

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Yikes, he's actually on set with a rather interesting plaid sport coat which clashes brilliantly with Meeks top.  Ouch, that's a bit much on the eyes for first thing in the morning.

His face really needs glasses.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

His face really needs glasses.

Yep, glasses would definitely be his friend today.  Not sure if it's the way his hair is styled today but there is a whole lotta forehead going on.  His head looks like a lightbulb.

• Love 4

Feeling a tad unmoored after yesterday's announcement by Justice Kennedy, I tuned in to MJ to make sense of it all. Joe explained to me that the court will lurch even further to the right and affect generations to come because . . . wait for it . . . Hillary didn't campaign in Wisconsin.

I feel much better now.

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, Jordan Baker said:

Feeling a tad unmoored after yesterday's announcement by Justice Kennedy, I tuned in to MJ to make sense of it all. Joe explained to me that the court will lurch even further to the right and affect generations to come because . . . wait for it . . . Hillary didn't campaign in Wisconsin.

I feel much better now.

I'm tired of them saying Hillary ran an awful campaign and that's how we got Trump.  They just ignore Russian interference, Comey's declarations, voter complacency, third party candidates, delusional Bernie supporters, sexism (from men and women voters), media's portrayals (Trump was reported on actions but justified; Hillary had conspiracy-type reporting and attacked).  It's amazing that she won the popular vote.  Well, we have Trump.  And he is MAGAing as it pertains to the wealthy and white men era.  The "white man" just wants to feel superior again because they'll only get crumbs under Trump.  Anyone else who voted for Trump didn't take their voting responsibility seriously. With the Supreme Court being so political instead of impartial, all the gains made from the 60s and 70s are in danger.

• Love 14
42 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

rather interesting plaid sport coat which clashes brilliantly with Meeks top. 

Coming back to this. Is the pattern on her blouse... paisley whales?

• Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

I was going with seashells.  I have to go back and look . . . yeah I'm going with seashells up close but it does look like whales from a distance.

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 1

Between Paisley whales  (can’t  Mika just wear a simple, solid blouse??), Joe’s lightbulb face in his winter suit I was already distracted then Nina Totenburg showed up in a patterned blouse that had a random patch of pattern missing near one shoulder. 

Sartorial distractions are good today 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, XOQueens said:

I know this has been said before, but actual political news depresses me right now so distraction time: Mika's makeup artist must be crazy passive aggressive toward her. She looks terrible. I've seen her off air when she's not in her show make up and she looks so much better and younger. It's too thick, it's not the right shades, it's just a mess.

I could not agree more.  With her gray  platinum hair, those black rimmed raccoon eyes make her look older, which I'm pretty sure is not the look she's going for.  But as you say, the makeup people most likely don't care for her any more than we do. 

Does she choose her own on-air clothing?  Or is that Joe's job?  Or  maybe more a less than fawning wardrobe dept.  Most days she looks dowdy.  The jury is still out on today's choice; not as bad as some days, but still aging.  Resembles a 50's housedress.  She seems to favor blue, probably thinking it's 'her color'.  I disagree.  I think she looks great in red. 

1 hour ago, XOQueens said:

her blouse... paisley whales?

The quintessential Nantucket outfit.  Or is that The Vineyard?  I forget where the lovebirds escape to.  She's gearing up for their week-end getaway.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Good grief Alexandria blows Meeks out of the water in the video and she still had to shove KYV in at the end.

I was getting two impressions from this - Mika as the Queen trying to suck the youth out of younger women in the Snow White & the Huntsman movie. 

And Ripley at the end of Aliens - GET AWAY FROM HER YOU BITCH!!!!!! 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, XOQueens said:

Mika's makeup artist must be crazy passive aggressive toward her. She looks terrible. I've seen her off air when she's not in her show make up and she looks so much better and younger. It's too thick, it's not the right shades, it's just a mess.

I notice the same thing with Sarah Jessica Parker. Too much bronzer, heavy eye liner, nude lip. It is SO aging. Your lips should have a touch of color, as should your cheeks, false eyelashes bring out your eyes, you don't need to line them with a charcoal bricquette. 

But I notice that a lot of women tv news use the same palette. Maybe they don't want a bright lipstick smearing during the program. Then use a stain that sets and doesn't budge. 

BTW Alexandria was letting everyone know the kick ass lipstick she used Tuesday, it stayed on all night even while eating a piece of cake. Stila Stay All Day in Beso.  Check it out Screech. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, XOQueens said:

I saw a peacock with his head turned back over his no-shoulder to look at his tail. Hundreds of peacocks. God help us, it's come to this, Mika's clothing is a Rorschach test. 

• Love 6
57 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

The quintessential Nantucket outfit.  Or is that The Vineyard?  I forget where the lovebirds escape to.  She's gearing up for their week-end getaway.

She could at least wear some Lily Pulitzer summer sheaths. 

I noticed Kasie leaning in hard on some of her Mika inspired clothing choices. She had the Unitarian neck scarf on out in Utah while reporting on Romney, and the other night she was wearing one of Mika's salon smocks in white sateen. Lovely.  

• Love 3

She could at least wear some Lily Pulitzer summer sheaths

If we could see under the table we would see Jackie O leather thongs sandals (made in Capri) or a nice Feragamo.  All meant to coordinate with Joes "I Went to an Ivy Nantucket Red Pants Except I Really Went to Nowhere Alabama U" pants.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, suomi said:

I saw a peacock with his head turned back over his no-shoulder to look at his tail. Hundreds of peacocks. God help us, it's come to this, Mika's clothing is a Rorschach test. 

Her outfit today reminded me of when I was married.  My ex (after seeing me prance around in Andrea Jovine knits and 3 1/2 inch heels) started guiding me toward the "we put ducks on everything" department coupled with "pleated skirts down to your ankles with flats" look.  I literally turned to him and said "did you not notice what I have been wearing for a year?".  This is a very bad and toxic relationship.  I recognize both her old and now new outfits.  Sad.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Her outfit today reminded me of when I was married.  My ex (after seeing me prance around in Andrea Jovine knits and 3 1/2 inch heels) started guiding me toward the "we put ducks on everything" department coupled with "pleated skirts down to your ankles with flats" look.  I literally turned to him and said "did you not notice what I have been wearing for a year?".  This is a very bad and toxic relationship.  I recognize both her old and now new outfits.  Sad.

In one of her Facebook/or/Instagram Lives she did say Joe is her stylist now. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

In one of her Facebook/or/Instagram Lives she did say Joe is her stylist now. 

Fabulous.  Taking styling tips from someone that used to live in fleece.  Know Your Value Mika!  Trust me, if I got out so can you as I was in a similar work situation.  Good lord.

• Love 2
(edited)

Jeff Denham is the second Republican I've heard recently talk about going up against the Republican House Freedom Caucus.  He is from California.  Is this a change or is it because he is a moderate? I don't know much about him but have seen him on TV before.  We (speaking from a national point of view) have lost so many honorable Republicans as many have been pushed aside or could not stand against the extremists. 

Jim Jordan, whose name was mentioned by Mika, is a piece of work.  I was shocked by his attack along with other Freedom Caucus members on the FBI during the hearings yesterday.

Why are Freedom Cause members going against our country's best interests. 

Edited by madfortv
Added another sentence
  • Love 5
34 minutes ago, madfortv said:

Jim Jordan, whose name was mentioned by Mika, is a piece of work.

Was he that super agro asshole barking at Rosenstein at a hearing?  I tuned in only for that, got depressed that partisanship is hoping to erode the rule of law, and bailed.  But just before, I saw Joe blabber some platitudes while Mika looked like she was adrift on Xanax or whatever (i don't know pills).  However, that particular cut of dress wears well on her figure.  She's got like 3 of those exact same dresses in different colors, and I notice every time.  Because that's her Bunny McBoobity dress.  And I confess I do enjoy.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, madfortv said:

Jeff Denham is the second Republican I've heard recently talk about going up against the Republican House Freedom Caucus.  He is from California.  Is this a change or is it because he is a moderate? I don't know much about him but have seen him on TV before.  We (speaking from a national point of view) have lost so many honorable Republicans as many have been pushed aside or could not stand against the extremists. 

Jim Jordan, whose name was mentioned by Mika, is a piece of work.  I was shocked by his attack along with other Freedom Caucus members on the FBI during the hearings yesterday.

Why are Freedom Cause members going against our country's best interests. 

Many of them are involved in taking questionable money, funnelled thru NRA and other places.  Nunes, in particular, was part of T’s transition team and will likely be charged.  That is why he “recused” himself (not really. Been seeking to derail the House investigation, and now to make the FBI and DOJ (headed by Trump-picked and Republican vetted men).  Very Alice in Wonderland.

also Jim Jordan, like many FC types, is extremely stupid.

Edited by SFoster21
  • Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, SFoster21 said:

also Jim Jordan, like many FC types, is extremely stupid.

But for some reason he's asked to be on cable news shows all the time. They're either trolling him, or trying to drive sane people crazy. 

He's practically a co host on Katy Tur's afternoon show, he's on so much.  He's a fucking idiot. 

I was glad to see Joe call out those jackasses. That hearing was nauseating to watch. A bunch of fucktards who know their tits are in the wringer big time and do nothing but kiss the ass of the criminal in the White House to save their own skin.  If their constituents are so stupid to buy that bullshit, they deserve to have them as representatives in Congress. 

Malcolm Nance was complimenting Joe last night, quoting something he said a few months ago, that it was one thing to have Trump in office but the Republicans in Congress have turned into the Politburo, basically rubber stamping everything an authoritarian wants to do, out of their fear of him.  

Edited by teddysmom
it's "their" not "they're". duh also use correct tense of verb
  • Love 7

Malcolm Nance was complimenting Joe last night quoting something he said a few months ago, that it was one thing to have Trump in office but the Republicans in Congress have turned into the Politburo, basically rubber stamping everything an authoritarian wants to do, out of their fear of him.  

Yeah, well, if we're using analogies I'd say that JoMeeka were the Pravda of cable news during the campaign, basically giving Trump a free platform whenever he wanted to call in and spout his lies. So Joe really should not be talking right now.

• Love 10

Watching Jim Jordan is like watching Terrence and Phillip on South Park or a Jib Jab cartoon.  That being said, I have heard from several different shows that it is tough to get folks to come on the air nowadays so we either get the handful of ones that are trying to hold things together but unfortunately you more often get the flamethrowers that would run over their mother to get in front of a camera/microphone.  I also think this is why MJ has such a tough time getting not only interesting interviews but also people willing to sit on their daily panels because of the BS that goes on during that show.

I mean how sad is it that I was shocked Scarborough showed up in person today?  It was great to see Dylan Ratigan again and it would be great if he rejoined the network.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

Watching Jim Jordan is like watching Terrence and Phillip on South Park or a Jib Jab cartoon. 

I'm surprised his demeanor isn't more nuanced.   He was, after all, an assistant wrestling coach.

• Love 7

Yeah, well, if we're using analogies I'd say that JoMeeka were the Pravda of cable news during the campaign, basically giving Trump a free platform whenever he wanted to call in and spout his lies

Yeah, it's all just flowers and sausages until trump starts talking about your bleeding facelift.  

IMHO Dylan Ratigan is one good looking older man.  Unlike Joe...

• Love 4
6 hours ago, millennium said:

I'm surprised his demeanor isn't more nuanced.   He was, after all, an assistant wrestling coach.

An Assistant?  Not the Head Coach?   I don't think he owns a sports coat...plus I think he should win the award for Worst Hair in Congress.  And also the award for Most Punchable Face.  He isn't on MJ all that often, is he?

Meeka tries, sometimes, to be empathetic ...it doesn't seem to come naturally to her so she kind of overcompensates.  She has a hard time with banter and humor...how she ended up in tv news is a mystery. But. They seem, to me, to be a good match - each seems to get what they want out of the relationship.  And we get to be endlessly entertained...and then we get to come here and poke at them.  Which is the most fun and entertaining of all.  You can tell I have been away most of the week and have not had MSNBC on a hotel cable package...I am almost nostalgic for the Gold Dust Twins.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, millennium said:

How did I not know this?  How did I miss this?  Good grief the only thing missing from that guy is a whistle around his neck.  And an assistant coach . . . perfect.

• Love 3
On 6/27/2018 at 7:58 PM, XOQueens said:

I know this has been said before, but actual political news depresses me right now so distraction time: Mika's makeup artist must be crazy passive aggressive toward her. She looks terrible. I've seen her off air when she's not in her show make up and she looks so much better and younger. It's too thick, it's not the right shades, it's just a mess.

My doctor told me to stop watching cable news, so I switched to CNBC now. I usually take a quick look at Morning Joe. Joe was yelling at someone that the GOP elders have to stand up to Trump. I doubt they wil, so why bother.

Sadly one of my relatives that I haven't seen in 4 years , still watches Morning Joe. He is totally obsessed with Trump & refused to drink the California Pinot Noir we ordered at the restaurant. Can anyone here send me a message to me "when Joe & Mika are off". I will recap those shows. My health is improved & I lost 17 lbs!! since May 23. Less Joe is good for me:)) Keep in touch:))

• Love 11
(edited)
9 minutes ago, oakville said:

My doctor told me to stop watching cable news, so I switched to CNBC now. I usually take a quick look at Morning Joe. Joe was yelling at someone that the GOP elders have to stand up to Trump. I doubt they wil, so why bother.

Sadly one of my relatives that I haven't seen in 4 years , still watches Morning Joe. He is totally obsessed with Trump & refused to drink the California Pinot Noir we ordered at the restaurant. Can anyone here send me a message to me "when Joe & Mika are off". I will recap those shows. My health is improved & I lost 17 lbs!! since May 23. Less Joe is good for me:)) Keep in touch:))

I like CNBC also, but I think I find it more stressful than Morning Joe. So many flashing lights and ringing bells. Not to mention Jim Cramer.

Edited by cased
  • Love 3
On 6/29/2018 at 9:57 PM, Chloesmom said:

How did I not know this?  How did I miss this?  Good grief the only thing missing from that guy is a whistle around his neck.  And an assistant coach . . . perfect.

Cognitive dissonance, probably.   You may have heard it before, but your mind refused to accept that a former assistant wrestling coach is in a position to attack the United States Deputy Attorney General before the eyes of the entire nation.    

• Love 5

Yes, Jim Cramer.  That is what is missing from MJ...another bloviator.  I  can just see the red faces, bulging eyes and the jockeying for an interruption position.  

Oakwood...so glad you are feeling better and less stressed.  Last week Mr. Kemper and I were coming back from a holiday...got stuck in a horrible traffic jam, interstate closed, etc.  The last leg of the trip, which should have taken 2 hours...took over 4.  All in all, we were about 7 hours on the road. We had satellite radio on and listened to the Progressive Channel...127...most of the day.  By the time we got home, we were both so worked up, stressed and angry at the state of our government that it was like any relaxation we had gotten just evaporated.  We have consciously tried not to watch too much MSNBC during the day; I tune in for a little Ali Velshi at 3 and then Nicole Wallace at 4.  Then we switch to local news.  But.  Vigilant cable news-watching is like crack or some such...it is hard to quit.  

• Love 2

Ok, my new crush is that PM that told Trump "No" when he was rambling on about how great his trade policies were.  Thanks to MJ for covering that as I missed it yesterday.

Mika is wearing her librarian cardigan over her Hampton's/South Beach print top.  Kicks up the frump factor another notch.

And I'm glad Mika brought up the immigrant children as that story isn't getting any better and those silly ICE debates are a distraction.  Not a bad show today.  Moving along to more than the usual one topic of Joe's choosing.

• Love 2
(edited)

EDUCATIONAL TV:  This AM I learned, per Joe, that Mika accurately predicted that Trump would win. And I can accurately predict that Joe will get some tonight....

Oakville, how did you lose all that weight so quickly? Did you used to binge eat whilst recapping??

Can we all make a pact to meet on top of the Empire State Building, I mean here,  the morning after the Dems take back at least one Chamber in Nov.?  If that happens....

We had satellite radio on and listened to the Progressive Channel...127...most of the day.  By the time we got home, we were both so worked up, stressed and angry at the state of our government that it was like any relaxation we had gotten just evaporated.

Hard to believe how that could've happened on the Progressive channel??!! Mark Thompson greets each and every caller with, "Get woke, get ready for impeachment."

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 5

? Mika’s weird intonation when she read “Scott Pruitt likes fancy lotion” was so unintentionally funny.

Eric Bolling is back on. ? How is Know Your Value allowing this? This is gross.

• Love 2
(edited)

? Mika’s weird intonation when she read “Scott Pruitt likes fancy lotion” was so unintentionally funny.

I know. I was definitely getting the vibe that he uses said lotion for "personal gratification" (Oakville, better start recapping again--we have nothing left to talk about but this...)

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 2

The handbasket awaits for this comment.  But.  I guess MJ ( and any other MSNBC show) will allow Eric Bolling to say anything due to his son's death.  I am sorry for this man's loss, but I'll be darned if I would sit and let him parrot the usual Fox talking points.  He is still the same douchebag that he has always been.  Wait.  Maybe douchebags of a feather flock together.  And if Meeka must wear a dark sweater/jacket in the heat of summer, why can't she find one that fits? Maybe it is her mother's.

Regarding Progressive Channel 127.  I like Michaelangelo Signorelli.  Apparently he has gotten a lot of mail/email recently for something; can't remember what. So.  He kept reading emails and comments from angry-at-him Trumpers.  I wish, instead, he had read mostly from people who supported his comments.  I like that MJ has gone to the left (a bit) and Joe's harsh criticism of Trump was wonderful to hear the first 500 times.  But show! Come on!  Have some new Progressive faces on and let them get a chance to speak.  I love Sam Stein but he usually adds nothing because he lets Joe interrupt and hijack his conversation.   I did like today when Eric Bolling asked Joe to let him finish.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

I guess MJ ( and any other MSNBC show) will allow Eric Bolling to say anything due to his son's death.  I am sorry for this man's loss, but I'll be darned if I would sit and let him parrot the usual Fox talking points.  He is still the same douchebag that he has always been.  Wait.  Maybe douchebags of a feather flock together.

With the exception of Joe's post-facelift tirade, Morning Joe is steering back toward Fox News Light.

Eventually the #MeToo shoe is going to drop on Joe. I have a hard time believing the man who pals with Halpern, Ford Jr., Brokaw, Donny Deutsch, [I'm probably forgetting more] and now Bolling, the man who is engaged to his subordinate co-worker, is clean in this regard. Bird of a feather and all that. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Bird of a feather and all that. 

So a woman hitting her head on a desk and dying mysteriously is a bad thing?

Hiring a woman you fantasize about in the middle of the night while laying next to your wife in bed is wrong? 

Screaming at your cohost and belittling her on national tv is harassment? 

• Love 3