Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

53 minutes ago, jjj said:

CNN has been on the ground in England in several locations-- why is MSNBC stuck in the studio?  

Hallie Jackson is over there, and I thought Cal Perry was in the London studio, at least they were yesterday. 

8 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Hallie Jackson is over there, and I thought Cal Perry was in the London studio, at least they were yesterday. 

Thanks -- just was not seeing or hearing from them in the hour preceding the news conference.  CNN was on the ground broadcasting from several locations.

I did appreciate Mika's story about the "crowd size" pictures in the West Wing.  I had not heard the story previously.  

2 hours ago, jjj said:

I did appreciate Mika's story about the "crowd size" pictures in the West Wing.  I had not heard the story previously.  

I wish I could help her help herself and really discourage her from ever drawing attention to their lunches at Trump Tower and the Trump White House. 

I wish Steve Schmidt's tweet had been on the screen. Mika mumbled it but the end about Trey Gowdy was funny. "For the first time in my 47 years I'm glad I'm bald".

Seriously. Gowdy looks like he's been on a week long bender.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, may flowers said:

Mika should not be left alone to host. She’s attempting to interview Strzok’s attorney and she’s lost. Lack of preparation shows through. 

I agree she seemed ill prepared, but I also like the show much more when she's hosting alone. Toward the end she started to find her groove, I thought. It's striking how much better she is without Joe. Even when she clearly isn't prepared, she's better than she is at her best when he's on set. 

1 hour ago, stormy said:

I wish Steve Schmidt's tweet had been on the screen. Mika mumbled it but the end about Trey Gowdy was funny. "For the first time in my 47 years I'm glad I'm bald".

Seriously. Gowdy looks like he's been on a week long bender.

Gowdy needs a straw cowboy hat and a sprig of alfalfa clenched between his teeth.    

• Love 1

On her solo days, I think it sometimes takes awhile for Mika to re-program to the fact that Big Daddy isn't waiting to pounce. 

What galls me the most about Joey is the way he too often steps on and crushes Mika when she opines, whether or not he's on a tirade himself. He comes off with little asides regarding personal opinions getting in the way of how one presents hard news. He might as well say "Libel, Mika, libel. Simma down," or "Hormones," or "It's called Morning JOE," while he continues or begins bloviating. 

I am usually all in for victims but she rarely engages my sympathy chip; the whole deal is a puzzlement. SMH. 

• Love 2

Oh my goodness, mark this on your calendar.  Joe starts the day five minutes early!  He is dressed in a very serious suit and is trying to keep pace with Andrea Mitchell and Ambassador McFaul (good luck on that one). 

Hey, no Meeks and I didn't hear Joe address her absence.  

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Oh my goodness, mark this on your calendar.  Joe starts the day five minutes early!  He is dressed in a very serious suit and is trying to keep pace with Andrea Mitchell and Ambassador McFaul (good luck on that one). 

They know they can go viral if they get this summit coverage just right. 

• Love 1

Are they kidding?   Covering Putin coming off his plane?   Are we children?   Why do we need to see Putin -- or anyone -- getting off a plane?   What is the big fucking deal about politicians getting off planes?

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, millennium said:

Are they kidding?   Covering Putin coming off his plane?   Are we children?   Why do we need to see Putin -- or anyone -- getting off a plane?   What is the big fucking deal about politicians getting off planes?

Oh thank you I thought it was just me being my usual cranky self.  The absolute last thing I want to see is this breathless coverage of when that thug Putin finally saunters into whatever the hell this meeting is.  This is nuts.

Ok, Katty Kay is looking a little rough today.

• Love 6

Ok, I'm out as there is much better coverage on other stations.  MSNBC is hard to watch as there are just too many remote locations trying to coordinate.  Maybe would have gone better with giving the morning to Andrea Mitchell and returning to MJ tomorrow.

• Love 3

Ok, I bounced back in in time to see the photo SHS released of Trump/Putin initial meeting . . . yikes did somebody eat the rest of the film/memory card as that is the best they could find?  The only thing that looks good in that photo is the American flag (God bless).  Geez these people.

• Love 2

Putin’s plane lands late, keeps Trump waiting.

So Trump leaves his hotel late to keep Putin waiting.

I wonder who will report on their penis comparison results, Joe, Barnicle or Ignatius.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Piers Morgan? They really needed to add another jerk to their line up?

Ok, anybody wanna tell ole Piers that a lot of the Brexit chatter was supplied by Putin's pals and maybe the country really didn't want to exit in retrospect?

Why does he look like he bathed in gasoline this morning?  Geez he is raw red from collar down!

• Love 1
(edited)

I like whatever that is that Dr. Farkas is wearing, tres chic.

She always dresses more chic/pretty than someone named "Evelyn Farkas" would.  To me that is a battleaxe name! Does  Michael McFaul wear a rug?  If not, he has rug-like hair. Yes, this entire post is vapid, but Trump , after 3 years of this mishegas, has run me down.  

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Ok. Location, location, location run down.

Joe is in the bunker.

Katty Kay is in a craft room with models of buildings on the tables.

To be continued...

This is why I had to bounce out for the majority of the program.  Too busy and not a natural flow of conversation that other networks had (plus they threw in some great snark).  

I see Katty has added glasses to her ensemble.  Good idea, much better than earlier today.  

Ignatius . . . zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Mika Barnicle . . . oy that suitcoat. 

• Love 1

Okay, so.  The show is called "Morning Joe".......'starring' Joey and Meeks.  Joe is in the bunker and Mika isn't even present via remote.  Yet again.

Why does MSNBC even bother with these two ingrates?  They obviously can't be bothered to ride in their chauffeur driven car to the studio and show up, in person, to their workplace, like 100% of the rest of America does.  It's time to pull the plug on these two entitled lovebirds, let them ride off into the Nantucket sunset, and give this time slot to somebody who actually gives a shit.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

SIX separate boxes on the final screen. 

This final thoughts segment is horrible. Joe is no Mika. 

Wow, that was one bad final segment (see notes above).  And now they are dragging out Brian Williams?  Regardless of his past, he knows how to run a show.  Like I said, I think they should have just skipped over MJ today.

• Love 4
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Ok, anybody wanna tell ole Piers that a lot of the Brexit chatter was supplied by Putin's pals and maybe the country really didn't want to exit in retrospect?

It was such a bizarre segment. For starters, all Joe added was soccer stuff no one cares about, like his 2022 predictions and the English youth programs.  And then he let Piers talk uninterrupted. We found Joe’s man crush. Tools of a feather monologue together and all that.

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

This is why I had to bounce out for the majority of the program.  Too busy and not a natural flow of conversation that other networks had (plus they threw in some great snark).  

I see Katty has added glasses to her ensemble.  Good idea, much better than earlier today.  

Ignatius . . . zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Mika Barnicle . . . oy that suitcoat. 

I made it through 1 minute of Morning Joe today. Beeker is in the bunker. Mika is AWOL. Catatonic Katty Kay looks frozen.

Its an important summit & Joe & Mika can't even do it from a studio.

Wh does MSNBC pay these clowns?

Joe was stumbling over the teleprompter.

Just checking in with Morning Joe family to see what's going on. My health is fine. I am feeling very serene these day.

I am in the process of having a room named at the local hospital for my late dad. You guy should come up to Oakville for health needs. It's awesome.

I even got 6 muffins to take home after the hospital tour & I didn't have to go through surgery. They are freshly baked !. Stay well my American amigos.

34 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

I like Dr Farkas

• Love 11

They were punking us with the last few minutes, right?  It looked like The Brady Bunch opening segment.  I think I actually heard, "? Here's the story..of a lovely lady ?"...........

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Why does he look like he bathed in gasoline this morning?  Geez he is raw red from collar down!

I forgot to add the context for why his appearance and bromance with Joe was particularly annoying today...

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

Regardless of his past, he knows how to run a show. 

I really like him.  Bygones.  

What I did see of MJ this morning at least had the gravitas the events require, instead of shrieking and eye rolling and pawing at each other.  But it did seem like they had 40 people on the panel, it took 10 minutes to introduce everyone.   

• Love 3

I only watched the first half hour this morning and I couldn't keep up with Joe, 

He took five minutes asking Jeremy Bash a question and when he finally ran out of breath, I don't even know how Jeremy knew what the question was. 

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, stormy said:

He took five minutes asking Jeremy Bash a question and when he finally ran out of breath, I don't even know how Jeremy knew what the question was. 

I think that is one thing Mika does is write out questions for him and keep him on track, he does love the sound of his own voice. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Is it a sleeveless, large checkered print?  She is on a later show, also, with great comments. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Is it a sleeveless, large checkered print?  She is on a later show, also, with great comments. 

Yes, and she has Good Arms.  So does Andrea Mitchell, in her 70s, with great arms.  Mine--nah, you don't wanna know....

I even got 6 muffins to take home after the hospital tour & I didn't have to go through surgery. They are freshly baked !. Stay well my American amigos.

You do this to us on purpose, and you know it!!!  Taunting, taunting!

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I think that is one thing Mika does is write out questions for him and keep him on track, he does love the sound of his own voice. 

So that's what she's doing when it looks like she's furiously grading papers?!

Edited by suomi
typo
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

Either that or 

"Mrs. Joe Scarborough"

Mika Brzezinski-Scarborough"

Mika Scarborough

Joe + Mika 4Ever

Ding, ding, ding and this was post #17,000 in the MJ episodes thread. Perfection!

• Love 3