Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Why would Mika Tweet that to a co-worker?  Yes Mika, way to pretend to be friendly to someone you've probably never spoken to in order to hype your book and assert that at MSNBC she'll still have a job.  Like Mika fought MSNBC brass for the rights of moms to return to work.  That Tweet makes me hate her.

• Love 2

I'm really annoyed with Joe this week. More than usual.

When I tuned in on Tuesday I was looking forward to seeing Joe screaming bloody murder over Trump's disgusting behavior in Helsinki. But no.

Evidently Joe was at home working on another of his lame WAPO editorials so he could make himself feel good.

Accusing Republicans of doing the same thing he does. Only Joe thinks he's better because he says "my former party".

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, stormy said:

I'm really annoyed with Joe this week. More than usual.

When I tuned in on Tuesday I was looking forward to seeing Joe screaming bloody murder over Trump's disgusting behavior in Helsinki. But no.

Evidently Joe was at home working on another of his lame WAPO editorials so he could make himself feel good.

Accusing Republicans of doing the same thing he does. Only Joe thinks he's better because he says "my former party".

I think he feels the WaPo pieces give him legitimacy.    To some extent it may be working: I heard his name mentioned alongside George Will and other prominent conservative pundits who have condemned the Republican party for selling out to Trumpism.

Thing is, I would bet a week's salary that if Scarborough were still in office when Trump won, he would be right there alongside Matt Gaetz and Jim Jordan and the rest, hoisting Trump up onto their shoulders and singing "For He's a Jolly Good Fellow."

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, millennium said:

Thing is, I would bet a week's salary that if Scarborough were still in office when Trump won, he would be right there alongside Matt Gaetz and Jim Jordan and the rest, hoisting Trump up onto their shoulders and singing "For He's a Jolly Good Fellow."

I bet if Trump hadn't Tweeted about Mika he'd be right there. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, XOQueens said:
3 hours ago, millennium said:

I bet if Trump hadn't Tweeted about Mika he'd be right there.

This could be a show that MSNBC could produce.  They could peel this onion and come to understand the reason Trump is president.  Joe would have 100% supported Trump.  They could cause him to face that and discuss the gravitational pull in this situation between sanity and winning another term.

• Love 7

I can't wait to hear Mika read "Manhattan Madam" from the teleprompter tomorrow. It's the perfect storm. Alliteration, two words you don't usually hear together, and a concept she will need explained that will then truly disturb her worldview suited for the 19th century convent. 

(edited)

STOP SAYING "THE TRUMP VOTER!"

Ahem.

Another Mika-free broadcast and no reference to her.   It's becoming a different show.   I can almost forget what it was like before.   I probably shouldn't get too comfortable though.

Surprising that they discussed the Carter Page documents and no mention whatsoever of Lindsay Graham's boot-licking performance on Sunday television.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 4
On 7/20/2018 at 4:16 PM, teddysmom said:

This must be what connected JoMika, their out of control egos.

Yasmin from First Look tweeting about being off soon for maternity leave

Of course Ms. Self Centered Twit Brzezinski tweeted back " Read my book "  A lovely thought to a coworker, if only she left out the self promotion. 

image.thumb.png.ffd6edb71fbc98219d41d39546fb27cd.png

I wouldn't bring that baby within 100 feet of Mika.  She might want to hold it.  And there might be stairs nearby.

(And could she have made what should have been a friendly message to a co-worker any more ALL ABOUT HERSELF?!?!  Cold bitch).

• Love 4
1 hour ago, millennium said:

Another Mika-free broadcast and no reference to her. 

Saying ‘Mika has the morning off’ every day would start to get a little repetitive at this point.

i do wonder, though, why Mika can’t take her turn in the vacation bunker. 

Speaking of bunkers, it looks like Joe’s house has officially sold, so we may have seen the last of the Connecticut bunker for a while. 

(edited)
6 minutes ago, cased said:

I rather wonder why she/they can’t maintain a normal working schedule like the rest of her/their colleagues. 

Edited by XOQueens
Word order matters, folks.
  • Love 4

Joe continued bromance with sexual harasser and Trump apologist Eric Bolling sure seems like a pretty obvious sign Joe wouldn’t have turned on Trump if he wouldn’t have tweeted about Mika’s face. Joe’s not even pushing back. 

• Love 5

Speaking of bunkers, it looks like Joe’s house has officially sold, so we may have seen the last of the Connecticut bunker for a while. 

Was the bunker mentioned in the listing!!!  In CT a bunker might be a selling feature!

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Joe continued bromance with sexual harasser and Trump apologist Eric Bolling sure seems like a pretty obvious sign Joe wouldn’t have turned on Trump if he wouldn’t have tweeted about Mika’s face. Joe’s not even pushing back. 

I avoided the show until the last five minutes when I tuned in for Stephanie Ruhle and was accosted with the bloated vision of Bolling being a complete jerk to Charlie Sykes who sounded like he was trying to make some good points that I would have liked to hear more of.  Please tell me Bolling is not going to become a thing on this show.  Gross.

8 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Was the bunker mentioned in the listing!!!  In CT a bunker might be a selling feature!

Hee, it was mentioned in the listing so maybe whomever it was that bought it will be the new host of Morning (fill in the blank)!

21 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

He already has... 

I didn't mind when he was speaking to his personal experiences with the overwhelming problem this country has with drugs as any personal account helps give a face to the issue but if they are going to have him on as a Trump shill I think that is a yuge mistake.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

I didn't mind when he was speaking to his personal experiences with the overwhelming problem this country has with drugs as any personal account helps give a face to the issue but if they are going to have him on as a Trump shill I think that is a yuge mistake.

I’m showing my cold Teutonic side, but I have a hard time believing out of everyone in this country who has lost a loved one to opiods that EB is the only one they can book to talk about the crisis. And now he’s back on his old shtick. Surprise. Joe and Mika finally succeeded in rehabbing the image of a fallen sexual harrasser. When does Halpern make his morning comeback?

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

I’m showing my cold Teutonic side, but I have a hard time believing out of everyone in this country who has lost a loved one to opiods that EB is the only one they can book to talk about the crisis. And now he’s back on his old shtick. Surprise. Joe and Mika finally succeeded in rehabbing the image of a fallen sexual harrasser. When does Halpern make his morning comeback?

Excellent point my friend, thank you for this post!

• Love 1

I thought the first hour of today's show was good. Having Walter Issacson on was a welcome change. As well as the CNBC guy.

Christ  almighty that ignornamis trump can't go a day without insulting the people he chose to run things. 

• Love 1

Why Joe would try to rehab a Fox person is beyond me. There are tons of pro-Trumpers who have not been accused of harassment. It just goes to show that this really is a bro-club.  I think Joe and Mika would like to make Halperin happen again if they could (remember, Mika wanted to mediate a conversation/confrontation between Halperin and at least one of his accusers live on Morning Joe but the accuser said no way). However, I think John Heilemann would not like to see Halperin back given that they are in the midst of dissolving their partnership, and it's gotten acrimonious.  And, I find Heilemann's insights much more valuable, whereas Halperin got on my last nerve (I found him smug and condescending).

I saw the first hour this morning, then gave up when I heard Bolling was coming. Just...why?

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, may flowers said:

Why Joe would try to rehab a Fox person is beyond me.

Because Joe's big "I'm leaving the GOP" shtick was just self-serving PR and he still holds the same beliefs as before, which probably find quite a lot of common ground with Fox personalities? And he's personal friends with Bolling, because, how does it go, you are the friends you keep? 

I've seen a fair amount of chatter about it on Twitter, Raw Story had an article and video up, and then there's this headline at Media Matters...

Morning Joe promotes the new CRTV show of Eric Bolling, who was fired from Fox News for alleged sexual misconduct

https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2018/07/23/morning-joe-promotes-new-crtv-show-eric-bolling-who-was-fired-fox-news-alleged-sexual-misconduct/220752

Anyway. Where's Mika? KNOW YOUR VALUE! Unless I misheard, Joe said Bolling will be coming back tomorrow. 

• Love 2

For all Scarborough's condemnation of Rand Paul this morning, is there anyone who doubts that if Rand Paul had offered to come on the show and condemn John Brennan, Scarborough would have greeted him with open arms and given him an uncontested forum to spew his partisan propaganda?

• Love 2
On 7/17/2018 at 1:27 PM, Chloesmom said:

Oakville my friend, bless your heart but Joe couldn't win dogcatcher in Florida anymore.  All of the baggage he is schlepping would drag him to the bottom of those Florida bogs.  I am waiting to see if they have Rick Wilson on the show as his book is coming out August 7th and both he and Joe are from the Tallahassee area if I recall correctly.  For me, that would be an interesting segment as Rick was one of the very first Never Trumpers and of course we know the Scarboroughs weren't exactly ahead of that curve.

I think you are right. I just Joe to put his money where his mouth is. I have been so busy trying to get ready to retire that I don't watch the show anymore.

12 hours ago, may flowers said:

Why Joe would try to rehab a Fox person is beyond me. There are tons of pro-Trumpers who have not been accused of harassment. It just goes to show that this really is a bro-club.  I think Joe and Mika would like to make Halperin happen again if they could (remember, Mika wanted to mediate a conversation/confrontation between Halperin and at least one of his accusers live on Morning Joe but the accuser said no way). However, I think John Heilemann would not like to see Halperin back given that they are in the midst of dissolving their partnership, and it's gotten acrimonious.  And, I find Heilemann's insights much more valuable, whereas Halperin got on my last nerve (I found him smug and condescending).

I saw the first hour this morning, then gave up when I heard Bolling was coming. Just...why?

Halperin always bragged that he was one of the the Gang of 500 that could make or break a Presidential Campaign.

How has America survived without Halperin's political punditry ?

• Love 2
15 hours ago, stormy said:

I thought the first hour of today's show was good. Having Walter Issacson on was a welcome change. As well as the CNBC guy.

Christ  almighty that ignornamis trump can't go a day without insulting the people he chose to run things. 

I watch CNBC now in the morning. It' pretty good. I don't care about Joe's opinions anymore. Recaps will resume when I retire.

18 hours ago, cased said:

Saying ‘Mika has the morning off’ every day would start to get a little repetitive at this point.

I was hoping that New Canaan would have a Morning Joe museum

• Love 5

Ah I see we are coming live from the beach bunker . . . Meeks has the day off . . . Joe is there "alongside Willie (well sort of)" . . . funny that Heidi is a scheduled guest but not at the table (methinks somebody maybe did too good of a job last week co-hosting with Willie).  The rehabilitation of Bolling continues:

Updated Tues guest list: Mike Barnicle, Richard Haass, Heidi Przybyla, David Ignatius, Jim VandeHei, April Doss, Jeremy Bash, Robert Costa, Julia Ioffe, Rep. Seth Moulton, Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, Eric Bolling, Charlie Sykes, Emily Jane Fox and more

(edited)

The assholes dismiss the security clearance flap as a "shiny object" ... then spend 2/3 of the show discussing it.   Will ANYONE in the media ever evolve beyond this Pavlovian response?

If they all ignored Trump for two or three days ... maybe even one day ... he would implode.   Then, maybe, we could escape this Twitter dimension we're stranded in.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 4

These bunker shows are terrible. There’s no flow. I wonder how he got away with working that into his contract. What does he have on the PTB lol.

This Joe monologue is particularly painful. Laundry listing Trumpian business ethic violations. Again. 

I wonder how Mika’s daughters feel about her taking so much time off Morning Joe now to spend it in Nantucket/Florida/etc. with Joe (and I’m assuming his kids) when she admits she was very absent while they grew up. 

5 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

I wonder how Mika’s daughters feel about her taking so much time off Morning Joe now to spend it in Nantucket/Florida/etc. with Joe (and I’m assuming his kids) when she admits she was very absent while they grew up. 

I dunno ... I haven't seen Kasey Hunt on lately.  Maybe she and Mika are enjoying a Know-Your-Value tropical getaway together.

re: the Heidi-cam.   Not a good look for her.

6 minutes ago, millennium said:

I dunno ... I haven't seen Kasey Hunt on lately.  Maybe she and Mika are enjoying a Know-Your-Value tropical getaway together.

re: the Heidi-cam.   Not a good look for her.

Oh, that’s another point. I’m sure Mika will miss time for KYV and a book tour when her book is re-released this autumn. This year might be a record breaker in Mika absences!

17 hours ago, XOQueens said:

Because Joe's big "I'm leaving the GOP" shtick was just self-serving PR and he still holds the same beliefs as before, which probably find quite a lot of common ground with Fox personalities? And he's personal friends with Bolling, because, how does it go, you are the friends you keep? 

I've seen a fair amount of chatter about it on Twitter, Raw Story had an article and video up, and then there's this headline at Media Matters...

Morning Joe promotes the new CRTV show of Eric Bolling, who was fired from Fox News for alleged sexual misconduct

https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2018/07/23/morning-joe-promotes-new-crtv-show-eric-bolling-who-was-fired-fox-news-alleged-sexual-misconduct/220752

Anyway. Where's Mika? KNOW YOUR VALUE! Unless I misheard, Joe said Bolling will be coming back tomorrow. 

Hmm, okay.   I didn't know who Eric Bolling was until reading this post and the Wikipedia entry on him.

How fucking hypocritical for Mika to be MONETIZING sexual harassment in the workplace while co-hosting a show that rehabs a known workplace predator (I'd like to think that's the real reason Mika's "off" today but that's probably.too wishful).

I'm boycotting MJ in response.   Later today I will be notifying MSNBC of my decision.   We can't just sit around and complain about stuff anymore.   Life in America is getting worse by the day.

• Love 3

I see Joe's check to Dan Abrams at Mediaite cleared as he has three hits at the top of the page and was only two hours into the show.  Normally I would open them as I didn't watch the show but I will no longer monetize this show with my clicks.

And nice of MJ to finally catch up on the Russians breaking into our power grids story as it's been out for hours . . . geez.

I don't know if the Eric Bolling/Charlie Sykes "debate" just now was a rerun from an earlier hour; because when I tuned in and saw a Brady Bunch square, I tuned out.  But.  It was mostly Joe and Bolling.  I heard Charlie Sykes asking(in the background) if he could get a word in.  I cannot cannot stand Eric Bolling; but I am not surprised he and Joe are personal friends.  Douchebags of a feather and all.  Joe is a black-hearted, sexist, preppie-wannabee who will never change his political tune.  

As entertaining as this show is (but not for the right reasons) - I don't know how Joe and Meeka get by with their working habits.  Neither was on their own show today - and they both have had vacations recently.

p.s.  Kudos to Charlie Sykes; he more than held his own.  You could see Eric Bolling getting red-in-the-face in the background when Charlie Sykes put down Fox News and touched a bit on sexism.  He is a clever one.  Today he is my hero.

• Love 2

I tuned in to hear Sykes say "Imagine for a moment if Obama had done this,' and he was interrupted and bloviated over by the very avatar of what it is to be a fucking douchebag who replied, "Obama did this and worse!  There.  Fixed it for you."  (or something similar.)  I turned it off.  If this show is going to set up strawmen and whataboutism deflectionary rhetoric as truthful debate, then I'm out.  I didn't wait to see if facts where explained.  I'm out.

To whom can I write to let know that I won't watch this show again?  Joe won't care.  Mika is an idiot.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

I tuned in to hear Sykes say "Imagine for a moment if Obama had done this,' and he was interrupted and bloviated over by the very avatar of what it is to be a fucking douchebag who replied, "Obama did this and worse!  There.  Fixed it for you."  (or something similar.)  I turned it off.  If this show is going to set up strawmen and whataboutism deflectionary rhetoric as truthful debate, then I'm out.  I didn't wait to see if facts where explained.  I'm out.

To whom can I write to let know that I won't watch this show again?  Joe won't care.  Mika is an idiot.

I think on the MSNBC web site there is a "contact us" link. 

31 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

I hope someone with a platform brings this up in connection to Know Your Value. 

I'm on Twitter.  I have no platform but I'll be happy to let her have it. 

"where does it say in your book "Know Your Value" about defending sexual harassers when they're friends of your boyfriend, while yelling at women not to have drinks with male coworkers? You are as shallow and two faced as that jackass you sit next to every morning". 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, novhappy said:

Maybe they are going to surprise us with a sudden wedding soon. Mika takes 2 weeks off with no explanation to prep it up and they tie the knot this weekend on Nantucket?

And then they can take time off for a honeymoon.  Winning.

• Love 2
(edited)
48 minutes ago, novhappy said:

Maybe they are going to surprise us with a sudden wedding soon. Mika takes 2 weeks off with no explanation to prep it up and they tie the knot this weekend on Nantucket?

I was reading her IG comments and someone said one of her daughters is in South Africa. I doubt even Mika would get married with a kid out of country. Lol

ETA: On second thought, maybe I shouldn't give her that much credit...

Edited by XOQueens

@$$holes of a feather...

https://twitter.com/ericbolling/status/1021747967395618816

Mika was up Tweeting at SHS but she's silent about Bolling. I hope someone with a platform brings this up in connection to Know Your Value. 

Bolling is not trending because he defended Trump.  People are incensed he may become a regular at the table.  Better go check your twitter mentions again scuzzbag.

For those that missed the exchange between Bolling and Sykes:

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/07/conservatives-clash-gop-cult-around-trump-much-racism-willing-accept/

And in all honesty, Meek's SHS tweet would have been better written by an 8 year old.  Good grief.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Chloesmom said:

And in all honesty, Meek's SHS tweet would have been better written by an 8 year old.  Good grief.

Lol I thought I was the only one who struggled with her syntax. She’s an incredibly bad writer, which makes me wonder who did the good deed of editing her books into something readable. It also makes it incredibly obvious when Joe has taken control of her account/s. 

At least Mika didn’t say anything about her eyeliner. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Mika posted a Know Your Value Instagram video with a glass of red wine in hand, opining on the importance of taking time for you. 

She includes this gem: “Wear the sweatshirt of news organizations who have mocked you” as she pans the camera down to her Daily Mail sweatshirt  and spins around her now nearly empty glass.

?

Wow. 

Her work schedule must be so taxing. Who doesn’t want to drink at 11am.

She also looks like she got her eyes done, or maybe just contoured the hell out of herself. Either way, she’s not sober in this. Lol. And everyone questioning where she is and counting her number of absences apparently got to her. 

Final Thought: is she on the verge of a nervous breakdown?

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 2

It does look like below her eyes have less lines than before, unless it's just the at home make up is less thick and cakey which always makes lines more pronounced.  She still needs to dial back the eyeliner. 

It does seem like she's on the verge. "Where you want to go in life".  ie not down the aisle.

What if a newspaper or cable channel hasn't made fun of me, Mika? What should I wear?  Also I don't drink.   Red wine gives me heart palpitations, white gives me headaches, beer makes me fat.  Can I just bingewatch The Grinder?  Better Call Saul? 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

It does seem like she's on the verge. "Where you want to go in life".  ie not down the aisle.

Even on vacation she's coming off as unhappy. 

Now she's Tweeting about Ivanka again. My guess is she's back on the show tomorrow and this is Mika getting back into Scoop mode. 

• Love 2