Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

(edited)
55 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Removed post as I think it was against the rules.

Lol. Now I’m so curious. 

ETA: does anyone know if there’s a list of upcoming MJ guests posted anywhere before the morning of the show? I curious to see how far in advance they’ve booked new MSNBC contributor Dick Pic Bolling on the show. 

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 4

Double yay, both Joe and Meeks "have the morning off" and no mention of Bolling:

Updated Weds. guest list: Kasie Hunt, Emily Jane Fox, Kasie Hunt, John Heilemann, Mike Barnicle, Noah Rothman, Jonathan Lemire, Betsy Woodruff, ctd…Michael Schmidt, Gillian Tett, Eugene Robinson, Jonathan Turley, Vaughn Hillyard, Jeremy Peters, Sen. Chris C****, Amb. Michael McFaul, Vann Newkirk, Stephanie Ruhle, Chuck Rosenberg, Shannon Pettypiece and more

xoqueens, MJ has a usually very tardy Twitter feed (Morning_Joe) that lists the days guests.  It isn't unusual for it to come out after the show starts but today it was over an hour before.

Well I have to say last night's conversations regarding the Cohen tapes was endlessly more watchable than MJ's discussion this morning.  Lanny Davis is Trump's worst nightmare.

It's weird to see two cups of coffee sitting in front of Kasie instead of a dozen juice boxes of coconut water with Big Gulp straws sticking out of them when Meeks is sitting at the helm.

12 hours ago, XOQueens said:

Lol. Now I’m so curious. 

ETA: does anyone know if there’s a list of upcoming MJ guests posted anywhere before the morning of the show? I curious to see how far in advance they’ve booked new MSNBC contributor Dick Pic Bolling on the show. 

Let's just say I found that Instagram post with the whirling cabernet mesmerizing . . . :)

And a little sad.

• Love 1

Looks like we're in another JoMika-free zone again.  Make that yet again.  Thumbs up to that.  

What a pleasant surprise to have an intelligent, articulate woman at the table, asking pertinent questions.  (No offense to Heidi P., of course; she was  great. Barbs are aimed at Meeks).  I am loving Kaisie and Willie.  But then, the bar to improve on Squinty and Meek-a is set so low. 

• Love 2

What a waste to spend practically the first half hour on the secret tapes.

Although the "family picture" of trump with his wife and daughter surrounded by Playboy bunnies was pretty gross.

I'm more interested in the 12 billion dollar farm bailout and that story was good except no one explained how he's going to get the money.  Does congress vote? Do any of the republican complainers they showed stand up to him and vote no?

3 hours ago, Abiding Dude said:

Me: Dude, have you *even* heard Maddow read a trial transcript?!

Too bad JoMika don't spend 1/100 of the time she does on research, finding guests to discuss topics, etc.  Too busy practicing guitar licks and day drinking to do their jobs. 

Rachel waving her hands and being all aflutter is in direct relation to how soon the shit is going to hit the fan with Manafort, Cohen, Trump, etc.  

• Love 3
6 hours ago, stormy said:

I'm more interested in the 12 billion dollar farm bailout and that story was good except no one explained how he's going to get the money.  Does congress vote? Do any of the republican complainers they showed stand up to him and vote no?

Nope.  He can just do it all by himself.  Just like his plan to tap into our country's emergency oil reserves so as to lower gas prices in time for the election.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, izabella said:

Nope.  He can just do it all by himself.  Just like his plan to tap into our country's emergency oil reserves so as to lower gas prices in time for the election.

I read that the $12 billion is being borrowed from China.

Do you think either of those two twits realize that they may be jeopardizing themselves by letting the subs run the show so often?  Do they think we don't notice how much better it is when they're gone? 

Maybe they don't care; maybe they have a foot out the door already.  (Please make it be so!)  -  Or maybe they're so self-absorbed that they truly believe the 6 to 9 time slot can't survive without them.  Or maybe they just don't give a shit about this show anymore.  Sorta like us.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

At this point, I imagine that there may be something amiss with Mika's Mom?  Or wouldn't they just say she was on vacation--it's summer after all.

I recently (as in, at some point this week) saw an Instagram pic of her mom with her brother in Maine. She seemed fine.

I think something is up with Mika though. Happy women don’t post depressed day drinking videos talking about alone time.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Landsnark said:

If Trump's star on the walk of fame is a destroyed Horcrux, does that make Avenatti Harry Potter?

Mueller is Dumbledore/Harry. Slowly working and building up to the big battle.   Avenatti is the Irish kid who kept blowing up stuff and running his mouth. 

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, XOQueens said:
39 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

At this point, I imagine that there may be something amiss with Mika's Mom?  Or wouldn't they just say she was on vacation--it's summer after all.

I recently (as in, at some point this week) saw an Instagram pic of her mom with her brother in Maine. She seemed fine.

I think something is up with Mika though. Happy women don’t post depressed day drinking videos talking about alone time.

I know this is awful but I started thinking about Mika posting drunk Know Your Value instagrams and they would be pretty hilarious.

4 minutes ago, stormy said:

This show is dying a slow death. Even our fearless leader Oakville Isn't here to commiserate with.

And like a phoenix it will rise from the ashes of Mika's books and Joe's unsold cd's with new hosts.

MSNBC Mornings - less screaming, less making out, more substance. 

• Love 7
(edited)

Lone dissenter?

Without the shouting and fake disgust this is just a very dull morning show.

It needs a Keith Olbernann or the like to set it apart from CNN

Edited by stormy
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, stormy said:

Lone dissenter?

Without the shouting and fake disgust this is just a very full morning show.

It needs a Keith Olbernann or the like to set it apart from CNN

I haven't been watching the latter half of this week because I'm still upset at the Dick Pic Bolling rehabilitation effort, but in the past I haven't enjoyed watching a Willie-led show. He so bland. And I'll probably never get over KCDC's heart eyes for Paul Ryan.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

-That chick in the bubble gum pink ruffled pinafore (WTH???

Yeah, rather visually jarring.  I can't think of her name; she's on everywhere at MSNBC and I never how skeletal she was before this.  The dress (love your pinafore!) looks like something a toddler would wear. 

(edited)
32 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:
1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

-That chick in the bubble gum pink ruffled pinafore (WTH???

Yeah, rather visually jarring.  I can't think of her name; she's on everywhere at MSNBC and I never how skeletal she was before this.  The dress (love your pinafore!) looks like something a toddler would wear. 

It's Emily Jane Fox, she wrote Born Trump, the book about the Trump kids that came out in the last couple months. She's got an inside track on Trump and Cohen somehow, she is also a feature writer for VF I believe. 

The ruffles were a little off putting, but I liked the color.

I wish to God Kasie Hunt would go shopping. You have your own show, FFS take $500 and buy something that doesn't look like you've been wearing it since sophomore year of college. 

She wears that black top and white blazer 12 months out of the year.  i know because I would see it in the dead of winter and wonder if she knew you don't wear a stark white blazer in January, unless you're in Miami or on a cruise.   If you aren't into shopping or don't have a feel for what looks good on camera, then do what Rachel Maddow does, pick a couple dark blazers and wear them. They're non descript and not as jarring as that white thing. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 4

When I saw Kasie right before Stephanie/Ali were to start their show all I could think of was what does that chair do to women that they frump down their clothes when sitting in it?  I wouldn't be sad to hear that awful white jacket met with an unfortunate glass of red wine or something, put it out to pasture Kasie.

• Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, teddysmom said:

It's Emily Jane Fox, she wrote Born Trump, the book about the Trump kids that came out in the last couple months. She's got an inside track on Trump and Cohen somehow, she is also a feature writer for VF I believe. 

Emily jane Fox also appears to be a favorite of Joe and Mika. She did a couple of interview articles about them in the last few years, and then she did the official "engagement announcement" article.

Edited by cased
spelling
  • Love 1

Emily Jane Fox was just on with Nicole Wallace.  In the same pink pinafore dress.  It also looks like she is growing out her short-to-medium length bob to a longer do.  Can the long sausage curls draping over each shoulder be far behind.

The show seemed to be a little livelier this morning; I don't miss Joe and Meeka.  But I still don't think Willie is the answer.  Kasie has been Meeka-nized with the cardigans/blazers that look like they are made from sweatshirt material.  At least her hair is still dark; but she seems kind of humorless...doesn't she?  Not that she needs to be cracking jokes, but I hate to say this...she does nothing for me.  And I have always loved her; now I just like her. 

12 minutes ago, Kemper said:

This is a great picture of Kasie!  She has such a great, genuine smile.  And the white cardigan looks so much better than it does on the air.  I haven't watched much this week....did she get the lightning bolt?  I'll bet Willie was threatened if he didn't use it.

I think she really likes the lightning bolt. I haven't been watching, but she uses the emoji to announce her presence each morning on Twitter.

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:36 AM, stormy said:

This show is dying a slow death. Even our fearless leader Oakville Isn't here to motivate us.

Ha!. I am busy planning a move to the state of Florida for the winter. A friend of mine wants me to invest in her medical clinic. I am shocked at the low level of medical coverage of many USA residents.

• Love 1

The clown show is back in town.  30 seconds in and I was already groaning.  Gone are the affable and/or intelligent co-hosts that I was enjoying for several weeks and we're back to the lovebirds and their love-hate relationship.  Joe talking over, well, everybody.  Meek-a with her downcast coy smirk, lamely trying to get a word in.  Or more accurately, a disgruntled sigh.  Either way, she offers nothing in the way of intelligent conversation or questions.  All she can do is read the teleprompter and then turn her Nancy Reagan gaze on Joe for validation of what she has just read.  GAH.  She does look nice, though, in the black dress, I'll give her that.  But Kaisie or Heidi could sit there in that same dress and actually contribute to the show.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

The clown show is back in town. 

Hee, ain't that the truth?  Meeks does look rested (those 2 1/2 hour a day, 3-4 days a week are brutal) and I don't believe Joe bothered to announce the rest of the panel?  Elise wins best hair and Heileman wins best snark (Meeks was (shock) reading Joe's editorial in the WP and Joe said something about being humbled that his work was being read on the show and Heileman comes back with "you are the Joe in MJ right?").  Meeks shot him a death ray look but I thought it was a great line.

Ladyrain great line about Meeks Nancy Reagan gaze, perfect!

• Love 5
(edited)

Favorite moment of the show: Joe does faux humility, saying something like, “ Heileman, I’m honored to have my article from today’s Washington Post read on the air”  and while Mika mumbles “It deserves it” or something Heileman responds “The ‘Joe’ in ‘Morning Joe’ well that’s you and that’s why it got read...”. I wasn’t watching, only heard but it was amazing!

ETA: Chloesmom - sorry! I must have been typing as you posted. It was so amazing to me. 

Edited by may flowers
  • Love 3
(edited)

Yay Oakville!  We will be neighbors.  It's been an interesting journey so far since retiring to Sanibel Island earlier this year.  We're definitely not in MN anymore.

We are registered to vote!

Edited by stormy
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

Hee, ain't that the truth?  Meeks does look rested (those 2 1/2 hour a day, 3-4 days a week are brutal) and I don't believe Joe bothered to announce the rest of the panel?  Elise wins best hair and Heileman wins best snark (Meeks was (shock) reading Joe's editorial in the WP and Joe said something about being humbled that his work was being read on the show and Heileman comes back with "you are the Joe in MJ right?").  Meeks shot him a death ray look but I thought it was a great line.

Ladyrain great line about Meeks Nancy Reagan gaze, perfect!

Lol - I just caught that little exchange about Joe's piece in the WP on the replay.  At least Joe was going along with Heileman's snark, but Mika was not having any of it.  That woman has zero sense of humor.  Well, at least she 'stands by her man', no matter how clueless she looks doing it.  Or she dares not joke about Joey's literary forays, for fear of reprisal at home.

Because it can't be asked enough - just what does she actually do on this show that earns such a hefty paycheck?  She says nothing of substance.  She contributes nothing of value.  She can't even give or take a joke.  I'm missing Kaisie/Willie already.

I wish I had Elise's hair.  It makes Mika's all the more glaring in comparison.

14 minutes ago, novhappy said:

Is Mika going to address the elephant in the room?? She is a heavy user of straws and is using one now!! Straws are killers! They’re being banned everywhere!  

Which elephant? There are so many.

Did they mention her two week holiday and 56 days off so far this year?

Mika had a Rolodex of contacts for Joe via her father, and he had the hots for her. That's what she add(ed).  He's a humorless uninformed twit with a stick up his butt, and so is she. 

Elise needs to exchange that blazer for one that fits. It looked 2 sizes too big.  

Ladies of cable news -  try something on and then sit down in it in front of a mirror. See how it looks when you can only see it from above the waist up. Just because something looks great standing up doesn't mean it will translate well on camera, while you're seated.  I know everyone is bored to tears with the sleeveless sheath dress, but they are flattering on camera. 

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, novhappy said:

The elephant is the straws. Plastic Straws are now environmental enemy number one and are being banned and frowned upon. Yet Mika continues to blithely use them as if she doesn’t care about marine life or our future generations!  She must start using paper straws!  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/plastic-straw-ban-why-are-there-so-many-2018-7

Come on. Be fair. She needs those straws! How else could she slump over the table, slurp her beverage, and eye-fuck the camera at the same time?

• Love 5