Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

I wish.  Every time I see him all I think of is this:

image.png.e69dec141017b3cef5ed583167b2cadc.png

Oakville, that's great news about your health, keep up the good work. OMG, that really does look like look  Guiliani, especially when he contorts his face while lying obsessively. Gee, I used to like KCDC, but lately I'm not a fan. Why would you give Deshowitz another opportunity to act like a silly kid regarding his unsocial life???? I could hear Joe yelling in another room from where our TV is located....what got him so fire up? The Korean "belly-up" deal....the upcoming meeting with Putin...that obscene Montana rally...there's so much to be disgusted about.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe said he was right about North Korea not completely denuclearizing.

This is what makes Joe so special. Everyone who has a mouth said NK was bullshitting Trump. But to Joe it is himself and him alone that called it right! (Cue adoring eyes from Mika)

• Love 4

I wonder if JoMika got called on the carpet for all the remote location appearances. I was really surprised they showed up this morning, it must be the SCOTUS announcement, all hands on deck (like their opinion matters.)

• Love 2
(edited)

I could hear Joe yelling in another room from where our TV is located...

I think this is really a funny line.

I enjoyed---not--the 30 some minute recap this Am of every single thing the Trump Admin has done that was squiggy.  Including KAC shilling Ivanka's clothes on the White House lawn.  That was stupid to insert in there, I think.

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 1

Hard to watch this morning.   Scarborough sure likes to blame Hillary on a daily basis, today for the Supreme Court pick.  "If only Hillary Clinton hadn't lost the Democrats in Wisconsin.   If only Hillary Clinton hadn't lost Pennsylvania."  Ad nauseum.

How come he never says, "If only a disturbing number of Americans weren't stupid and bigoted" or "If only the media including yours truly hadn't gone all in on Donald Trump's shitshow?"

When he starts that Hillary Clinton stuff he sounds like a prissy little prick.

• Love 16
(edited)

I liked That's What Friends Are For over an opening photo montage of Trump with world leaders v Trump with Putin. 

6:03 Mika adjusts her scarf, Mika strokes her scarf, Mika squirms and changes position while maintaining a good hold on whatever is in her lap. I think it's more of her scarf. Mika checks her torso on the monitor. Her scarf is this way, and then it's that way. She's centered in her seat and then she's leaning toward Joe, who is talking a lot. Heidi Pryzbyla, for the perfect haircut. One cool thing about this show is that we can spell and pronounce Pryzbyla and Brzezinski and we know that the w at the end of Dr Z's first name is pronounced like an f. I mean, I hear that wrong all the time. 

Edited by suomi
typo
  • Love 5

Willie, dealing with a delayed feed via Bangladesh, relates that Donald Tusk, president of the European Council, responded to a couple of snide Trump tweets this morning with “Dear America, appreciate your allies, you don’t have that many.” 

• Love 3

Mika needs to not be allowed to read the news anymore. I just cannot abide her stumbling and stammering and mispronouncing  every other word.

Yesterday she couldn’t even pronounce “ridicule.” She read it as “ri-DIC-ule,” as in, “It’s riDICulous that she is still allowed to read the news.”

• Love 6

Since MJ is in their usual morning rerun and are missing important, breaking news please know all of the Thai soccer player boys and their coach have now been rescued.  Truly a miracle, God bless!

• Love 8

Ok, so they come back early so Willie can announce the great news including mentioning the loss of life of the Navy Seal diver and Mika has to cut him off to poorly read the teleprompter about Giuliani may be running afoul of ethics laws . . . yeah, that's breaking news.

And I thought her scarf was going to be the worst thing of the show.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, millennium said:

Hard to watch this morning.   Scarborough sure likes to blame Hillary on a daily basis, today for the Supreme Court pick.  "If only Hillary Clinton hadn't lost the Democrats in Wisconsin.   If only Hillary Clinton hadn't lost Pennsylvania."  Ad nauseum.

How come he never says, "If only a disturbing number of Americans weren't stupid and bigoted" or "If only the media including yours truly hadn't gone all in on Donald Trump's shitshow?"

He IS a Prissy Little Prick.  Or how about a Pissy Little Prick.  Rerunning a half hour or so of a news show...how cheap can MSNBC get?  But I do have to admire the agent that negotiated their contracts...bunker appearances, etc.  That guy earns his commision.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, suomi said:

6:03 Mika adjusts her scarf, Mika strokes her scarf, Mika squirms and changes position while maintaining a good hold on whatever is in her lap. I think it's more of her scarf. Mika checks her torso on the monitor. Her scarf is this way, and then it's that way.

Suomi, thank you for the recap on the never ending progression of the scarf during the show today.  God that thing was all over the place, I literally did a spit take when I saw it balled up in her lap.  The horror of it all . . . the humanity!

• Love 2

Off topic but I heard the head of FIFA said if cave kids are well enough FIFA will pay for them all to go to the World Cup Final. I hope they can go!

ps. Scoop should have heard this and reported it. It’s a perfect story for the them: soccer plus news! Joe would have loved it! Guys like girls that like sports! Think, Mika Think!

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, novhappy said:

Off topic but I heard the head of FIFA said if cave kids are well enough FIFA will pay for them all to go to the World Cup Final. I hope they can go!

ps. Scoop should have heard this and reported it. It’s a perfect story for the them: soccer plus news! Joe would have loved it! Guys like girls that like sports! Think, Mika Think!

Oh, that's great. That makes 2 good news stories today......we're on a roll!!!

• Love 2
6 hours ago, millennium said:

Not only is he a prissy little prick, but he is also fucking exhausting and the vilest of hypocrites.  All this pontificating about Hillary.  Every.  Damn.  Day.  Yet, nary a peep, an acknowledgement, much less an apology, to the audience for his and Meek'a's roles in making Drumpf happen in the first place.  Not to mention the near-daily drumbeat about her emails, her numerous crimes and misdemeanors, her failure and refusal to debase herself before Bill's wimmen (how dare she be mean to her husband's fuck mistresses?!), and her Goldman-Sachs speeches.  It slays me that he and Meek-a now want to act brand new with their tsk-tsking and bitchy commentary.

I don't know if its a lack of self-awareness or if Joe is overcompensating because he knows on so many levels that he fucked up by giving "his good friend" a platform on the show every morning.

• Love 9

What on earth is he talking about?  I must be either really dense or really dumb; who was his Deputy Campaign Manager?  Is he the Witch?  Maybe he is talking about Kelly Ann Conway.  Michael Flynn?  It just seems to be a "verse" that to me just sounds like a word salad.  Nonsensical.  Does he write both the words and the music?  I picture the music as a kind of funeral dirge; or maybe he is going to start rapping.  Then he could go on Ari Melbar's show.  THAT I would watch.  Come to think of it, are Joe/Meeka ever on anyone else's show?  Maybe I have seen him a time or two, but never Meeka.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Kemper said:

What on earth is he talking about?  I must be either really dense or really dumb; who was his Deputy Campaign Manager?  Is he the Witch?  Maybe he is talking about Kelly Ann Conway.  Michael Flynn?  It just seems to be a "verse" that to me just sounds like a word salad.  Nonsensical.  Does he write both the words and the music?  I picture the music as a kind of funeral dirge; or maybe he is going to start rapping.  Then he could go on Ari Melbar's show.  THAT I would watch.  Come to think of it, are Joe/Meeka ever on anyone else's show?  Maybe I have seen him a time or two, but never Meeka.

Deputy Campaign Manager = Rick Gates. He, Flynn and Manafort have all been indicted, and therefore are the witches that were found as a result of the witch hunt.

• Love 1
(edited)

Hey good news, the usual suspects that sit at the table pretty much every day just got a promotion to "our esteemed panel" from Meeks who is wearing that shell/whale test pattern of a dress.

It's weirdly fascinating to listen to the esteemed panel provide real time color commentary on the train wreck currently taking place in Brussels.  I wonder if they will stay live the entire three hours.  

eta:  Oakville my friend do not watch today as your BP will take a direct hit.

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 2

There’s actual news being made in Brussels, but Joe is treating us to a monologue of how only he has divined the true nature of conservatism since his days in Congress. ( He was a Congressman, did you know that?)   Joe is in true bloviator mode today, just when a smart discussion on alliances is needed. Meacham tries, but they mock his knowledge. It’s sad. 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, may flowers said:

There’s actual news being made in Brussels, but Joe is treating us to a monologue of how only he has divined the true nature of conservatism since his days in Congress. ( He was a Congressman, did you know that?)   Joe is in true bloviator mode today, just when a smart discussion on alliances is needed. Meacham tries, but they mock his knowledge. It’s sad. 

I agree May Flowers.  To be honest, I bailed after the first half hour as there are better discussions to be had but did flip back in time to hear him wax poetic how he had the highest approval ratings of any republican because of his stand on Medicare . . . in 1998.  Hmmmm, who else displays that behavior?

The look on Meacham's face was just priceless.  I enjoy him so much as he has so much knowledge and is interesting to listen to.   I wish he was on another channel.

• Love 4

It is painful to watch this show today and will be as painful watching other such shows today because of Trump's attack on NATO.  Joe was hammering on Democrats, asking who among them will stand up, and just as I was about to throw something at the TV, added in the Republicans.  Where are our representatives in Congress?  Whey aren't they standing up for us?

• Love 3

"They would rather lose our country than lose their election".  It's agonizing to hear Barnicle say this and the rest of the table nods their heads . . . so clueless but I guess they are finally catching up to the rest of the planet.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:
29 minutes ago, may flowers said:

I agree May Flowers.  To be honest, I bailed after the first half hour as there are better discussions to be had but did flip back in time to hear him wax poetic how he had the highest approval ratings of any republican because of his stand on Medicare . . . in 1998.  Hmmmm, who else displays that behavior?

The look on Meacham's face was just priceless.  I enjoy him so much as he has so much knowledge and is interesting to listen to.   I wish he was on another channel.

I also switched channels.....just got tired of the egotistical Joe treating us to his remarkable congressional success. Jon Meacham is clearly very well versed in US and world history. Was Angela Merkel  at that breakfast? If so, why didn't she defend herself against the bully? John Kelly looked as if he were preparing for torture. Putin must be celebrating as he watches his buddy tear apart NATO.

• Love 4

Stop telling us what Churchill and FDR did in 1944-45 Joe. Back then this man would have probably been treated as a traitor.

I can't stand Ignatius. His constant trying to find out why does he do these things? Oh must be because Barack Obama got on famously with Angela Merkel. If I remember correctly so did W.

• Love 2
(edited)

I’m getting really tired of these guys stroking themselves over their historical knowledge. America did this and for that reason etc ad nauseum.  Discuss the current world order and how Trump throwing bombs into it may work or may not. Stop talking about what used to be and get people on who can discuss what is being said now. Tell us why Germany is not captive to Russia because they do get their oil from them. Discuss what is happening now!

edited to add: oh hey they are doing it!

Edited by novhappy
  • Love 2

Sometimes Mika’s shirt looks like ? ther times ? ... Strange. It’s not made for television. 

She looks really out of her depth sitting there during the NATO and foreign policy talks.

They really need new guests. 

36 minutes ago, stormy said:

Stop telling us what Churchill and FDR did in 1944-45 Joe.

The first thing I heard when I turned it on was Meachum going on and on about Reagan. Went outside to pick something up around the corner. Came back in, Meachum is going on about Roosevelt. 

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

They really need new guests. 

It's always a challenge to try and watch the show but today was especially difficult as history is literally being made before our eyes and these guys have the same look on their faces that babies do when they first discover their feet.  I agree new guests would be nice but I truly believe no one is too interested in joining the cast of this melodrama.  For a while there they had a flurry of new, younger reporters/analysts who probably were looking for as much on-air facetime as they could get but I have noticed they have now departed for better shows/greener pastures/stronger hosts.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

It's always a challenge to try and watch the show but today was especially difficult as history is literally being made before our eyes and these guys have the same look on their faces that babies do when they first discover their feet.  I agree new guests would be nice but I truly believe no one is too interested in joining the cast of this melodrama.  For a while there they had a flurry of new, younger reporters/analysts who probably were looking for as much on-air facetime as they could get but I have noticed they have now departed for better shows/greener pastures/stronger hosts.

Totally agree. Somehow, although they don’t talk about their personal lives often, the show seems very personal - very Mika and Joe centered as opposed to news centered. Especially on a day like today, when history happens during their time slot. And neither of the two of them have the ability that Nicolle Wallace, Chris Hayes, Rachel or Lawrence have to drive an interesting discussion on a topic that doesn’t end up being about them. I’ve started to realize that it’s  not a news show, it’s really the Joe and Mika show with occasional news breaks.  And Joe and Mika just aren’t that interesting or relevant. 

• Love 6
On 7/10/2018 at 3:39 AM, millennium said:

Well...

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, may flowers said:

I’ve started to realize that it’s  not a news show, it’s really the Joe and Mika show with occasional news breaks.  And Joe and Mika just aren’t that interesting or relevant. 

Exactly. I got a little late start this morning, so I turned on the Joe and Mika show a little after 7:00 a.m. and here's the exchange I heard that lasted for about 15 minutes:

Mika/Joe: Can you believe Trump did that?

Mika/Joe: I just can't believe Trump did that?

Mika/Joe: Can YOU believe Trump did that?

Guest #1: No, I can't believe he did it.  He's playing right into Putin's hands.

Guest #2: This will definitely put us on the path of destroying our NATO partnership.

Mika/Joe:  I just can't believe he did that.

As this type of exchange continued, I finally changed the channel to CNN's morning *NEWS* show to find out exactly what Trump did, since I was pretty sure I'd have to wait for the 9:00 a.m. hour to get actual news again from MSNBC, and I have to leave for work before then. 

Edited by Nidratime
  • Love 4

Are we the only ones....this board, this thread...who mock and ridicule The Gold Dust Twins daily?  Are we the only ones who thinks the network could do better?  Are we the only ones who can laugh and bitch about them at the same time?  Are we the only ones who see through Meeka's insecurities and Joe's bloated ego?  Are we the only ones who can laugh at their clothes, makeup and hair?  Are we the only ones who enjoy any skewering they get on Twitter and such?    

I didn't see a lot of the show this morning but I know John Meacham has such a good reputation - does he guest on any other shows?  I read his book and really liked it; but.  I am kind of tired of these people and their books for crying out loud. It is like when I see a lot of what passes for Dem leadership.   At least Joe speaks with fire and passion.  Wonder if he does that at home...or does Meeka do it.  I love it when they have new authors and voices on; which isn't very often lately.  It is usually the same authors writing their every-few-years political-type books.  

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Are we the only ones....this board, this thread...who mock and ridicule The Gold Dust Twins daily?  Are we the only ones who thinks the network could do better?  Are we the only ones who can laugh and bitch about them at the same time?  Are we the only ones who see through Meeka's insecurities and Joe's bloated ego?  Are we the only ones who can laugh at their clothes, makeup and hair?  Are we the only ones who enjoy any skewering they get on Twitter and such?    

I didn't see a lot of the show this morning but I know John Meacham has such a good reputation - does he guest on any other shows?  I read his book and really liked it; but.  I am kind of tired of these people and their books for crying out loud. It is like when I see a lot of what passes for Dem leadership.   At least Joe speaks with fire and passion.  Wonder if he does that at home...or does Meeka do it.  I love it when they have new authors and voices on; which isn't very often lately.  It is usually the same authors writing their every-few-years political-type books.  

A colleague of my father's was on Morning Joe talking about his latest book this spring. I didn't want to mention it at the time because, unlike Mika, I know my parents would be mortified if they knew I was splashing their shit around for my own gain. Lol. I actually missed the segment and didn't know about it until he posted about it on his Twitter. I'm going to see him at a retirement party soon, and I so want to pry about the experience. I'll keep the class posted. 

• Love 6

I read his book and really liked it; but.  I am kind of tired of these people and their books for crying out loud.

That reminds me. Michael Chertoff was there -- to talk about his book, of course. And, what drove me crazy about him was how he was going on about how Bush Jr. also was crosswise with our European allies over going to war with Iraq without adequate evidence and causing death and destruction there for no reason, etc. (This latter part is my opinion, not what he said.) But, Chertoff seemed to be suggesting that there's nothing new here regarding a president and the NATO allies not getting along. HELLO?! Since when was G.W. Bush in bed with Putin or trying to destroy the NATO alliance?! I didn't like Bush as president, but man, you do the guy a disservice by making such a comparison and *YOU* worked for him.

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, Kemper said:

At least Joe speaks with fire and passion. 

I think that's just yelling so everyone pays attention to him. Like the  dog that barks all the time, eventually you just ignore him and he shuts up. 

I can't believe how much Meacham is on. When they announced him this morning I was like Jesus, does he have an apt in the building?  A cot under the desk? 

We get it the soul of America is lost.  Maybe someone should point out that Joe is a lot responsible for losing it. 

• Love 3

I guess I might be in the minority here, but I like listening to Meacham! His antidotes about current and past American history are sometimes quite surprising...stuff you wouldn't necessarily learn in a History class, IMHO. Yes. I do agree that a lot of MJ  guests are there  to promote their new books. A few have actually made the Best Sellers List, like Meacham's.

• Love 2