Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, nittanycougar said:

Joe is lecturing two journalists and Mika about what the president said to the Ukrainian president.  His set up is bizarre.  He is role playing the president and his conversations.  It's not really an interview.

Mika nods at Joe's theories and says " hm-mmm."  Is playing the part of the president gonna become a thing for Joe?  Lord.

Joe loves to role play. I expect to see Joe using his "southern country lawyer" accent & pretend to question the jury.

Joe will also discuss his key role during the 1998 impeachment of Bill Clinton.

Joe convinced other Republicans to vote for impeachment.

Joe is lecturing Mika about Ukraine.

It's a big news day for Mika & Joe to be ordered to go to Washington DC.

Joe was excited that Ben Sasse found the whistleblower complaint troubling.

Joe hopes the impeachment trial will increase ratings for the show.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

How cow Mom and Dad are in da house!  Must have taken an emergency flight up to DC to personally supervise the Ukraine coverage and a grateful nation says thanks (but seriously no thanks).

Those two don't deserve Robert Costa who is his usual brilliant self.

I an sure that NBC would send a private jet for Mika & Joe to pick them up .

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

So Joe is snickering about Boris Johnson cavorting with an underling during the day while his former underling is parked next to him.  Oh the irony . . . (plus Meeks was so rude to that British gentlemen in her attempts to get past that particular topic).

I thought that was hilarious. Joe should have discussed why he & Mika had the same dressing room at 30 Rockfeller. I think Mika & Joe decided to stop airing the show live from 8- 8 :30 a.m. a few years years ago. Mika & Joe would return to the set at 8:30 with new clothes. Were those "technology" lessons as Joe called them ?

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, xaxat said:

I have never been so riveted watching people cold read a paper on live TV.

I know more things have happened since 5 pm yesterday but Nicole's show was amazing yesterday. I'm so glad she's on today to show Mr & Mrs Knucklehead how to run a show with breaking news.  She & Elise were on fire.  Even going back and forth between Trump's UN press conference and the show she it was all smooth, informative, and at times funny. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

So I'm hearing ten sets of stapled pages making some exotic sound I've never heard paper make before, while looking at the tops of ten heads. What an unfortunate audio and visual display.

McCaskill and Scoop are trying to outdo each other in the dramatic/ironic reading portion of our program. Mika just came off with "Sheesh!"

The final hour was not a repeat today and now they have continued into the 9:00 hour. They will be exhausted by the time this ordeal is over.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, The Solution said:

Question: When can we impeach Joe and Mika?

I just texted my sister, I wish I got a multi million dollar paycheck to make googoo eyes at Joe Scarborough while the most important news story of the year is breaking. 

1 minute ago, suomi said:

The final hour was not a repeat today and now they have continued into the 9:00 hour. They will be exhausted by the time this ordeal is over.

I'm sure Joe demanded he be allowed to be on live up to the hearing. He will not stand for Brian Williams and Nicole to steal his non existent thunder.  Maybe they'll take over once the hearing starts. 

Mika is going to need a sugar blast pretty soon.  She's starting to fade..

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, xaxat said:

I have never been so riveted watching people cold read a paper on live TV.

I know, me too!  I flounced off once I realized the first half of their last hour wasn't going to be live (like news isn't breaking every five minutes right now, ugh) and when I wandered back I was treated to a full Brady Bunch screen full of the tops of everyone's head . . . 🙂

eta:  Apologies if that half hour was indeed live but since it didn't have the usual LIVE box in the corner of the screen I assumed it was the usual.

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 4

I watched this show faaaaarrrrr longer this morning than normal and was really shocked at how pathetic Mika really is. They should just rename this show, "Bring Your Wife to Work Hour" because all she seemed to be doing was leaning into Joe and making sexy eyes at him like an insecure high school hot girl like, "He's mine! This is MY boyfriend! Isn't he hot? He's all MINE! I snagged him and you didn't! MIIIIIIIINE!" 

Then, the report gets released and they're all mining through their copies while Joe continues talking (and talking and talking and talking) and Mika must have spied something particularly juicy and instead of politely breaking in with what she found, kept trying to SHOW Joe what she had circled so HE could talk about it because, clearly, her only contribution to this program besides embarrassing adoration of its host, is to "mmmm hmmm" every three sentences then read whatever was prepared for her on the teleprompter. 

Mika knows her value alright. It's exactly at ZERO. 

27 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

Joe continues talking (and talking and talking and talking)

Joe: "Everybody, Republicans, Democrats, the press needs to take a step back and not rush to judgement. I'm the only reasonable man in Washington. Back when Gingrich. . . Clinton blah blah blah"

Everybody actually reading the complaint: Oh my god! This so much worse than I thought!

Edited by xaxat
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

I watched this show faaaaarrrrr longer this morning than normal and was really shocked at how pathetic Mika really is. They should just rename this show, "Bring Your Wife to Work Hour" because all she seemed to be doing was leaning into Joe and making sexy eyes at him like an insecure high school hot girl like, "He's mine! This is MY boyfriend! Isn't he hot? He's all MINE! I snagged him and you didn't! MIIIIIIIINE!" 

Then, the report gets released and they're all mining through their copies while Joe continues talking (and talking and talking and talking) and Mika must have spied something particularly juicy and instead of politely breaking in with what she found, kept trying to SHOW Joe what she had circled so HE could talk about it because, clearly, her only contribution to this program besides embarrassing adoration of its host, is to "mmmm hmmm" every three sentences then read whatever was prepared for her on the teleprompter. 

Mika knows her value alright. It's exactly at ZERO. 

Giant Misfits  I posted in Hosts thread a while back where Mika is stating in an interview that she made the show what it is. 

She saw the genius in Joe (apparently can only be seen thru Beer Goggles) and she booked the guests and set the tone and did everything to make the show the roaring success that it continues to be.   Apparently she's retired from all that because as you said, now her job is to stare adoringly at Joe emit odd noises periodically so the crew knows she's still conscious, and draw circles on pieces of paper. 

I moved it here because it was about 4 pages back in the other thread, but if you want to see Ego only surpassed by Self Delusion, here's a perfect example. 

https://news.yahoo.com/mika-brzezinski-on-success-of-morning-joe-im-the-reason-its-still-going-093000748.html

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, Giant Misfit said:

all she seemed to be doing was leaning into Joe and making sexy eyes at him like an insecure high school hot girl like, "He's mine! This is MY boyfriend! Isn't he hot? He's all MINE! I snagged him and you didn't! MIIIIIIIINE!" 

Seriously, we are just days away from her wearing his high school letterman sweater on the set.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

when I wandered back I was treated to a full Brady Bunch screen full of the tops of everyone's head

So either this is a very weird coincidence or Nicole saw our forum.

First she said she was reading as fast as she could earlier on Twitter. Just now on her show she mentioned all everyone could see of her this morning was the top of her head as they read thru the complaint. 

😀

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I can't believe I missed all of this today.  If Meeka's eye makeup gets any darker she will resemble the eyes of Elizabeth Taylor in Cleopatra.  And a Clint Watts appearance!  I've seen Nicole Wallace handle breaking news on her show and she is excellent at it; no faces, no breathlessness...just reporting the facts as they come in.  And no "hmmms"   

• Love 1
15 hours ago, teddysmom said:

now her job is to stare adoringly at Joe emit odd noises periodically so the crew knows she's still conscious, and draw circles on pieces of paper

Best description of Meek-a's daily on-air persona ever written.   Brava! 

I know I'm supposed to be focused on Nancy Pelosi's upcoming interview (we'll never hear the end of this now) but.......Mika's hair!    It's probably just an accident of the wind whipping it back into a little flip, but - after eleventy years of her same damn hairstyle, that little upswing has me mesmerized.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Hey ho, it's Outdoor Joe!  The show has been moved to the veranda with a nice shot of the Capital Building in the background to give extra gravitas.  I never would have thought all we had to do is to start impeachment proceedings against a president to get those two to pay attention and participate.  Meeks is sporting windswept hair to mark the occasion.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Today, Willie is in the studio, while Joe and Mika are outside on Capitol Hill.  I live just a few miles from the Capitol.  I am tempted to go down there and see it live.. if only I didn't have this damn job.

Joe mentioned when he was in Congress. Joe showed headlines of the White House in turmoil. Eugene from WaPo is with Joe and Meeks, and someone from Daily Beast.  Joe said there is a political earthquake, and it is bigger than Nixon and Watergate.

Mika said it's just wrong. Insightful analysis.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, nittanycougar said:

I am tempted to go down there and see it live.. if only I didn't have this damn job.

Ugh, I hate it when work gets in the way of important things . . . 🙂

And that's my fave rave Sam Stein from The Daily Beast.

• Love 3

Ha, Chloesmom!

I think this show would be better with analysis of the actual hearing testimomy.  It is mostly blowhard speculation from Joe.  I guess analyzing the hearing would be too much work for the First Couple of News.

Coming up, the Speaker of the House!

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Meeks is now clutching her clipboard to her chest and lo and behold there is the KYV logo in full view . . . shameless.

I think she's more concerned with not covering up the logo than actually contributing to the conversation.

• LOL 3
33 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Meeks is now clutching her clipboard to her chest and lo and behold there is the KYV logo in full view . . . shameless.

That is just well beyond the pale, isn't it? Bear with me, it's a bit hard to type with my jaw on the floor.

Honestly, at this point, KYV sky-writing wouldn't faze me. 

JFC, Joey loves the sound of his own voice. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I just woke up in time to watch Speaker Pelosi's segment. I feel like I need to crawl back into bed now and never, ever get out. 

Appreciated Joe humble boasting how he voted to impeach Clinton and Nancy says, "That was about his personal behavior..." and Joe got all annoyed, "Oh, we're not going to talk about that!" YOU BROUGHT IT UP, SIR.

And this is why Nancy is a BOSS.  She doesn't allow them to interview her from the Florida bunker, with all the sound delay issues you get with a remote interview.  No, they must keep their asses in D.C. and sit outside in the cold (and trust me, we've been having warm days but the nights/early morning have been cool) for 1 and 1/2 hours to wait for her.  Then, when it's sunrise and warming up, she joins them.  LMAO. 

On another note, can someone enlighten me as to why Miss KYV has been clutching a clipboard in her lap all morning?  She is an odd duck. 

Edited by jalady
ETA, I posted before reading this morning. Thanks to all who posted about why she has the clipboards. Pretty funny I referenced it in my snark, even though I didn't notice the logo 😂
  • Love 5

Joe is always on his high horse when he can bring a Clinton in a bad light.  No matter what’s happening, he has a Clinton-ism.  So glad Pelosi shut him down when he bragged about his votes for 2 of the articles to impeach Clinton and running down the after-effects (losing his law license, how it sticks with you).  

Joe keeps trying to make it seem like Clinton was abusing the Constitution.  She let him know how they differed on Clinton because it was personal behavior.  Thank you Speaker.   But, since Trump, we know that personal behavior really means nothing to the Republican Party.

• Love 10

She pushed back at them four times, on four different topics. And each time they were sooo self-satisfied when they stated their question/their premise to her. Now I wish I'd kept track of what they were. And it was great. 

2 minutes ago, xaxat said:

Joe: "I want to talk about your dad. . . "

Pelosi: "I also had a mother."

Joe: "Forget about her. What did your dad teach you. . . "

"Nice to see you back in Washington." Heh.

Welp, one of her daughters did say that she beheads you and hands you your skull before you realize what happened. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, suomi said:

Welp, one of her daughters did say that she beheads you and hands you your skull before you realize what happened. 

I was thinking more along the lines of "I could rip your nuts off, toss them over the balcony and there wouldn't be a damn thing you could do about it Joe".

I went the more direct route.

I couldn't even bring myself to watch the interview as I love Speaker Pelosi and I know those two would make me throw the remote through the tee vee screen.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

She really did bring her clipboard to show the KYV logo on the underside, didn't she?  holy shit.
Joe interrupted everyone, including himself, in all those live remote segments.  He was all over the place.  Joe shut the fuck up and let Friedman speak. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, XOQueens said:

I just turned this on for the first time in a while, and I see Mika and Joe hit up a couples botox clinic. 

It was the only thing holding them upright after the Pelosi interview, they were that deflated. 

Dying to see if Scoop has the ovaries to post a photo somewhere along the way of The Speaker perched next to a KYV clipboard. Dying. 

• LOL 4

Mika and Pelosi Interview:

Mika: .... "and Kellyanne Conway, who I think still works at the White House."

YASS KWEEN!!  That contained so much shade that I am going to throw out all of my sunscreen.

Thank you Joe, for letting me know that Bill Clinton was disbarred in Arkansas for perjury.  I actually didn't know that, and I actually could give 2 shits that he lied about  his immoral, yet consensual sex with an intern.

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 5

I hate to be catty; oh wait, let’s be catty. Meeka looked like something out of Night of the Living Dead. No lipstick? Or just very pale lipstick? We r maybe used to seeing her under the harsh lights in full makeup. Very light eye makeup. She looked so washed out; meanwhile, Nancy was ready for her close-up; put together and professional. I guess Meeka will no longer show her legs for an interview? How times have changed. Someone from the network, during a break, should snatch that clipboard away from her. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, crossover said:

Joe is always on his high horse when he can bring a Clinton in a bad light.  No matter what’s happening, he has a Clinton-ism.

He seems to forget his own adulterous behavior.

Mika thought it was appropriate to wear a fucking warm up suit to interview the Speaker of the House, the 3rd in line to the Presidency.  

Can't even wear a nice pair of pants, and a top with a light coat? 

She's such a goddamn joke it's pathetic. 

And Joe saying "OMG a former DOD person told Mika and me TWO MONTHS AGO that Pence threatened Ukraine".  

Really Joe? And you did nothing about that little tidbit?   Didn't tell someone at the network hey you all should start looking into this. Here's my source, go talk to them. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

I think this show would be better with analysis of the actual hearing testimomy.  It is mostly blowhard speculation from Joe. 

Chris Hayes had the best program as far as explanation of what happened, the complaint, the extra secret server, interviews with members of the Committee, etc. if anyone wants actual information.   How the network reviews other programs up against this cluster fuck and doesn't realize what idiots these two are astounds me. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Landsnark said:

She really did bring her clipboard to show the KYV logo on the underside, didn't she?  holy shit.

I know!!

Then Mika says "I just want to mention the sky is a really lovely pink color this morning".  I am guessing she thinks the clouds, sunrise, humidity etc are celebrating Know Your Value? Because Mika, the sky is often a shade of pink or red in the morning and evening based on the conditions of the weather, etc. not because of your women's empowerment fraud.   God will judge you Mika. Just ask Joe, your Evangelical adultery committing partner in crime. 

Sam Stein looked like he was going to either laugh or throw up at Joe & Mika's bullshit. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Sam Stein looked like he was going to either laugh or throw up at Joe & Mika's bullshit. 

I would pay to knock back a bunch of drinks with Sam Stein, Heidi, Steph, Heilemann, and Katie and talk about our two.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5