Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Yes that's the problem, he likes it when women are quiet. 

Is this when she was laughing about Trump's "Melania has a great son" comment? 

No Teddysmom it was at the top of the first hour of the show as that was all I watched.  And apparently didn't listen to very well as I can't tell you what they were bickering about.  I'm glad I missed the glee over the flub about his own son as that must have been so painful for all involved and disgusting for those that found it funny.  Good grief he's a child that is growing up in the internet age and will read this if he hasn't already.  That's why I literally gag when she coo's and awwww's over babies and then chuckles over something like this.  She is so revolting.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Joe...where are poor, sick people supposed to go when they are sick? Did he really say that? By the by, Joe.... what kind of health insurance do you have?  The probably excellent plan that MSNBC offers? Or the health-care-for-life that you got from your relatively brief career in Congress?  You know, the one that taxpayers fund?   (Mr. Kemper is a federal retiree, so I am not throwing stones). 

This is terrible, but this forum is kind-of fun today.  We are not alone.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

How about having a few "regular" people who are not (mostly) white, entitled assholes on your show to tell about their struggles with health insurance.

I always like when they bring up if we have MFA you'll lose the doctor you have under private insurance.  If you have private insurance through work, your company can change providers any time and you can lose your doctor.  If we actually had universal health insurance, then probably all doctors will have to accept it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
10 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe said that hospitals will be filled with poor sick people

Oh does he mean like they are now?  Good grief.

4 minutes ago, Tom Holmberg said:

I always like when they bring up if we have MFA you'll lose the doctor you have under private insurance.  If you have private insurance through work, your company can change providers any time and you can lose your doctor.  If we actually had universal health insurance, then probably all doctors will have to accept it.

THIS^^^^

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Here is Mr. Kemper and my experience with Medicare.  Medicare is our Primary; Blue Cross is our secondary.  We have excellent doctors; there are a lot to choose from.  When you are on Medicare, you have a wide-ranging choice of secondary plans.  We chose Blue Cross (it is a bit higher than some of the secondary ones); but there are a lot of plans for seniors to choose from, in all price ranges.  There are a lot of low-income seniors who only opt for Medicare; they cannot afford a secondary plan. 

So instead of bloviating from the sidelines, how about having Bernie, Elizabeth Warren and Biden (or any of the candidates) on your show?  You have a 3-hour talk show!  Do none of these people want to come on?    

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Kemper said:

Here is Mr. Kemper and my experience with Medicare.  Medicare is our Primary; Blue Cross is our secondary.  We have excellent doctors; there are a lot to choose from.  When you are on Medicare, you have a wide-ranging choice of secondary plans.  We chose Blue Cross (it is a bit higher than some of the secondary ones); but there are a lot of plans for seniors to choose from, in all price ranges.  There are a lot of low-income seniors who only opt for Medicare; they cannot afford a secondary plan. 

So instead of bloviating from the sidelines, how about having Bernie, Elizabeth Warren and Biden (or any of the candidates) on your show?  You have a 3-hour talk show!  Do none of these people want to come on?    

I find it strange that Morning Joe can't get the top 3 candidates on their show.

Don't they realize that Joe is a policy expert on healthcare ?

Senator Cory Booker isn't sure that Biden has the stamina to complete the campaign.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Would you? 😁

16 minutes ago, Tom Holmberg said:
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

How about having a few "regular" people who are not (mostly) white, entitled assholes on your show to tell about their struggles with health insurance.

We have a doctor's office in our building, and I can guarantee there are a TON of Medicare patients going in there.  It's obvious Joe and all his rich panelists have no idea what is going on in the real world, even tho he & Mika claim to run around talking to normals all the time, when not in meetings with Obama, or running covert operations for the CIA, or baking cakes. 

• Love 9

Kamala Harris came SO CLOSE to making this point today on the show but she missed the opportunity. Every single MFA proponent needs to say this, repeatedly, when people bring up the talking point about "taking away people's private insurance." They do need to address the people who get their health insurance through their employers and are scared of change, not just the people who don't have insurance now and need it. They just need to find a way forward by pointing out that there are risks and deficiencies in the current model. I think that would be a winning message. But what do I know; I only do messaging for a living and everything.

Mika said that Joe was tough on Senator Claire.

Claire wants people to keep private insurance. She is demanding that Elizabeth Warren tell the truth that MFA will cost money.

EX-Senator Claire is not an unbiased panelist. She has a very obvious agenda: She ran as a centrist Dem and lost, and now repeatedly tries to re-litigate her campaign by claiming running as a centrist Dem will cause people to lose. Which makes zero sense.

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, oakville said:

I find it strange that Morning Joe can't get the top 3 candidates on their show.

Do ya Oakville?  Do ya really? . . . snort!  They barely show up and when they do they are incredibly rude/dismissive of anyone on the panel which has to be tough when I am sure said panelists want to scream back at them "you are barely there for your own show!".

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Do ya Oakville?  Do ya really? . . . snort!  They barely show up and when they do they are incredibly rude/dismissive of anyone on the panel which has to be tough when I am sure said panelists want to scream back at them "you are barely there for your own show!".

I think Mika did fly somewhere earlier this summer to meet Joe Biden.

Mika & Joe should go to the Washington or NY studio to do more interviews.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, oakville said:

Mika & Joe should go to the Washington or NY studio to do more interviews.

They should only be in NY or Washington.  Them sitting at the little table in their basement is really embarrassing.  I can't understand why MSNBC puts up with it.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Tom Holmberg said:

They should only be in NY or Washington.  Them sitting at the little table in their basement is really embarrassing.  I can't understand why MSNBC puts up with it.

Insulting to viewers, coworkers, guests when the titular (heh heh he said titular) host never shows up to the office. Maybe change the name to MorningMaxHeadroom? MorningWillie?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

...where are poor, sick people supposed to go when they are sick?

The morgue, then a potter's field.

It would have been awesome if Ebenezer Joe had said, "Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses?"

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

It would have been awesome if Ebenezer Joe had said, "Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses?"

I think Joe is worried that under a Medicare for All program, Doctors would have to spend time treating poor people that currently don't have access to medical care. Doctors would not be able to spend extra time treating VIP's & opinion leaders like Mika & himself.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I think Joe is worried that under a Medicare for All program, Doctors would have to spend time treating poor people that currently don't have access to medical care. Doctors would not be able to spend extra time treating VIP's & opinion leaders like Mika & himself.

If doctors had to spend time treating poor people, the doctors would not be able to Know Their Value.

• Love 4

Oakville...Mr. Kemper fixed me an Old-Fashioned.  After that he made guacamole and then we had beer. Down the hatch.  Hats off to you for getting us started every morning.  It has made these last couple of years a bit easier to take.  A bit.

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, oakville said:

My DVR did not record the show today, so I have no idea what happened.

I saw about 60 seconds total. 

Mika still can't read a teleprompter without stumbling ever fourth or fifth word.

Joe is a staunch defender of the 2nd Amendment.

Barnicle reminded Joe of all the times he was in New Hampshire at Trump rallies, while Trump was using Elton John's music (apparently illegally).  Elton John was asked to perform at the inauguration, and he declined. 

• Love 5

I watched about 10 minutes this morning. Joe announced that Ric Ocasek had died and the first thing he mentioned was that he thought Ric was from Boston, which, when one is talking about the legacy of Ric Ocasek, would probably be 50th on the list of interesting things to mention. Later, he mentioned something about the Red Sox to whatever buffoon on the NY set was listening. Joe is from whatever city that best benefits himself. 

I remain astounded at the vanity lighting in the bunker set. I think the 8th-grade indentured servant intern  they have working for them adjusts the bulbs to "nuclear detonation at Nagasaki" levels and goes home. How the two of them don't have third-degree burns on their faces is beyond me. Seriously. If the lights get any brighter they'll both be rendered invisible while leaving a burn-in on my tv screen. 

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 9:25 AM, Tom Holmberg said:

THIS ^^^^

And apparently someone pumped additional money into their ridiculous remote studio and now we are treated to their ever so professional scrawlings on those tablets of paper they have splayed out in front of them (and please make no mistake.  I love physical documents but I also love well organized notes/thoughts/points written online and then printed out so you can make notes on the physical copy).  Good grief they don't even try anymore and shame on MSNBC as there are so many talented, hardworking folks that could fill their timeslot.

• Love 5
On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 5:53 PM, Kemper said:

Oakville...Mr. Kemper fixed me an Old-Fashioned.  After that he made guacamole and then we had beer. Down the hatch.  Hats off to you for getting us started every morning.  It has made these last couple of years a bit easier to take.  A bit.

Seriously, you need to knock this kind of talk off as I will hunt you down and move next door to you . . . Cheers! 😁

49 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

It's getting so bad I'm starting to miss Don Imus. 

Words cannot express how much I miss Don Imus . . . sigh.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, XOQueens said:

I'm curious, how did Joe and Mika treat the latest sexual assault allegations against Kavanaugh, given their aggressive support of him (and their bashing of Blasey Ford)?

What little I saw they were tut-tutting over the changes the editors made to the article in the NYT after it's initial publication, implying that excused everything Kavanaugh did because the accuser either didn't remember or (more likely) didn't want to be the object of scorn from certain circles. That was about all I could take of the show and turned it off.

• Love 3

Mika & Joe made fun of Sean Spicer's outfit on Dancing with the Stars.

Mika likes Elizabeth Warren.

Joe said the Democrats will lose if they adopt a MFA platform & start confiscating guns.

Barnicle said that auto workers want to keep their insurance plan.

Joe is not happy with Democrats that want to impeach Kavanaugh.

Joe said that the NY Times can't keep making mistakes with leaving out the alleged victim did not remember being assaulted by Kavanaugh.

Mika & Joe are upset at Trump campaigning in New Mexico. He can't win the state according to Joe.

Mika stumbled over the teleprompter & said that Iran was not involved in the attack on the Saudi Arabia Oil fields. Joe corrected her with the opposite statement.

Eddie Glaude said Trump shouldn't use the term RINO.

Ben Rhodes told Elise Jordan that he won't support a war with Iran to defend Saudi Arabia.

• Love 3

Mika said she no longer follow people on Twitter that send her information about Christie Brinkley.

Eddie Glaude does not support sending social workers into African American homes to teach them how to parent.

Joe is worried about Biden losing support of younger African Americans.

Joe wants Biden to continue to defend Obama.

Joe blasted Castro for not supporting Obama.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe said that the NY Times can't keep making mistakes with leaving out the alleged victim did not remember being assaulted by Kavanaugh.

I honestly don't know why Joe seems so personally invested in exonerating Kavanaugh, but he's almost irrational on the topic.

The crowning irony in his whole "NYT didn't use the word 'alleged' in their article!" rant is that NO ONE has spoken to this woman directly! The initial allegation came from someone who claims to be an eyewitness. The pushback came from friends she's supposedly told she doesn't remember, not from her directly. So Joe is saying "She says she doesn't remember it happening," but really, it's, "She has ALLEGEDLY said to friends she doesn't remember it happening."

Gander, meet goose.

And of course "KYV Mika" just sits there like a stump agreeing with him.

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Eliot said:

I honestly don't know why Joe seems so personally invested in exonerating Kavanaugh, but he's almost irrational on the topic.

The crowning irony in his whole "NYT didn't use the word 'alleged' in their article!" rant is that NO ONE has spoken to this woman directly! The initial allegation came from someone who claims to be an eyewitness. The pushback came from friends she's supposedly told she doesn't remember, not from her directly. So Joe is saying "She says she doesn't remember it happening," but really, it's, "She has ALLEGEDLY said to friends she doesn't remember it happening."

Gander, meet goose.

And of course "KYV Mika" just sits there like a stump agreeing with him.

Perhaps Mika wants to get Kavanaugh & the woman together for a KYV mediation ?

It would be good for ratings.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Eliot said:
51 minutes ago, oakville said:

The two reporters who wrote the book and the article were on Fresh Air, if anyone wants to hear from them as to what happened as they interviewed people who knew CBF and Kavanaugh during high school and college,  and what they did and didn't say to the reporters.

Joe should stay in his lane.  The way he "embellishes" stories and he has the gall to call out any publication on their editorial choices. 

If we need expert opinions on adultery, we'll call you Joe. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

I realize Joe and company think they are helping democrats when they keep trying to pull everything back to the center. But this nonsensical defense of Justice K is just disgusting. 

They actually have someone saying the most important thing in the book is that one of Blasey-Ford's witnessess is no longer sure??? 

No. It's that the FREAKING WHITE HOUSE ORDERED THE FBI NOT TO INVESTIGATE AND THE FACT THAT THERE WERE MULTIPLE!!!! FREAKING WITNESSES WHO NEVER GOT TO SPEAK.

Not to mention they never even interviewed Kavanaugh. 

If anyone seeking any position of power within the government had 1/10th the allegations this guy did, they should be disqualified. This was for the supreme court. And it was a political sham. 

Please stop patting yourself on the back for telling us what you think is possible Joe.

FFS

• Love 10
24 minutes ago, Tucson said:

I realize Joe and company think they are helping democrats

And can't understand why they aren't following all of his genius suggestions. It's so frustrating that they think he's a ridiculous buffoon. Where do they get these ideas?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I cannot believe Meeka sits there while The Boys give that miserable, angry, bad-hair pig of a man ... Kavanaugh ... a pass.  Of all people....Meeka, who pushes women to Know Their Value.  And was - what was it - kidnapped? by someone years ago?   This whole Must-Have-Biden-Or-A-Moderate-White-Guy is men like Joe seeing that "hopefully" their behinds are on the wane.   Why can't this show get some new faces as guests?

• Love 8

I realize Joe and company think they are helping democrats when they keep trying to pull everything back to the center.

They're not trying to help Democrats. They're trying to help themselves by co-opting the party because their own party has become uninhabitable (which was the inevitable result of Joe and his ilk's own behavior).

It reminds me of the scene in Revenge of the Nerds where the football players burn down their own house and then proceed take over the dorm of the students they've been tormenting.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Tucson said:

If anyone seeking any position of power within the government had 1/10th the allegations this guy did, they should be disqualified. This was for the supreme court. And it was a political sham. 

The thing is, none of these new allegations are really new. We knew all or most of this last year when he was being confirmed.

If a potential Supreme Court Justice (FFS) has a compromised background like this, we should just take a pass and move on to the next nominee, even if the allegations can't be proved. Where there's smoke, there's fire, and the Supreme Court is too important to risk the chance.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, The Solution said:

If a potential Supreme Court Justice (FFS) has a compromised background like this, we should just take a pass and move on to the next nominee, even if the allegations can't be proved. Where there's smoke, there's fire, and the Supreme Court is too important to risk the chance.

I guess the fact he can be blackmailed, which is why people working in powerful gov't positions are vetted,  doesn't matter because we already know what he did and it didn't make any difference. 

• Love 5
46 minutes ago, Eliot said:

(which was the inevitable result of Joe and his ilk's own behavior).

Exactly.

1 hour ago, Kemper said:

I cannot believe Meeka sits there while The Boys give that miserable, angry, bad-hair pig of a man ... Kavanaugh ... a pass. 

She's not just sitting there, she's complicit.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, teddysmom said:

And can't understand why they aren't following all of his genius suggestions. It's so frustrating that they think he's a ridiculous buffoon. Where do they get these ideas?

Joe's opinions are widely respected by members of all political parties in many countries.

Joe will be on Israeli TV tonight to discuss his opinions on the Israeli election. Joe said he was given the key to Jerusalem many years ago.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Eliot said:

They're not trying to help Democrats. They're trying to help themselves by co-opting the party because their own party has become uninhabitable (which was the inevitable result of Joe and his ilk's own behavior).

It reminds me of the scene in Revenge of the Nerds where the football players burn down their own house and then proceed take over the dorm of the students they've been tormenting.

I loved that movie!. I think Joe would have loved to be one of the football players in that movie with Mika as his cheerleader girlfriend. :)

Morning Joe is the HQ for the Never Trumpers. Joe is getting very upset on a daily basis of the thought that Medicare for All could become a reality.

• LOL 1
5 hours ago, Kemper said:

I cannot believe Meeka sits there while The Boys give that miserable, angry, bad-hair pig of a man ... Kavanaugh ... a pass.  Of all people....Meeka, who pushes women to Know Their Value.  And was - what was it - kidnapped? by someone years ago?   This whole Must-Have-Biden-Or-A-Moderate-White-Guy is men like Joe seeing that "hopefully" their behinds are on the wane.   Why can't this show get some new faces as guests?

Mika has enough trouble reading the teleprompter these days. She told a whopper today about Saudi Arabia & Iran . I doubt Morning Joe would allow new guests because Mika would have trouble reading their names on the teleprompter.

• Love 5

Steve Korniacki is on the show this morning, looking very dapper.  Willie and Steve discussed a new NBC news poll that shows Elizabeth Warren gaining.  Steve addressed the patterns in past primaries in New Hampshire and Iowa. Steve and Willie are very informative.

Oh here comes Donnie.  He wants us to know the numbers will be different in a binary place.  Ok whatever.  Donnie is no polling expert.

• Love 2

Joe is off today. He got sick  when he found out about the NBC poll showing Elizabeth Warren gaining ground on Biden.

Mika is in charge. She made fun of Donny Deutsh.

Kornacki is hype up about Warren winning NH & Iowa. African Americans could switch to Warren.

Kamala Harris support has dropped to 5% from 13%.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2