Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Mika was excited that Warren posed for selfies with supporters till 1 am. Biden does not do that.

Kornacki said that Tulsi attacked her in the second debate.

One guy said that Kamala is the Marco Rubio of this race. He called her Megan Markle.

Mika said that Biden will attract Trump voters.

• LOL 2

When they were discussing Cokie Roberts' passing, and Mika had the gall to say "she inspired all of us" and "I posted something on KYV.com", I threw up in my mouth a little. 

How did Cokie inspire you Mika?  Whatever it was, you ignored it. You aren't a journalist. You aren't a reporter, your knowledge of politics would fill a thimble.  Cokie Roberts is the epitome of class, hard work and experience. You are none of those. 

And of course you had to get in your little KYV promotion. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe is off today. He got sick  when he found out about the NBC poll showing Elizabeth Warren gaining ground on Biden.

Yes.  Oh yes.  I agree, Joe has rumblies in the tummy over Elizabeth Warren gaining ground.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Eliot said:

Seriously? I missed that. Who said it?

I can't imagine any context in which that would not be horrifyingly racist.

He was a new guest. I think his name was Hank Johnson. He is African American.

He criticized  Senator Harris for being shallow.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika said that Biden will attract Trump voters.

NO.  Just stop it already.  Nobody is peeling off any Trump voters.  Not gonna happen.  Everyone is fighting for those that voted his way before but are maybe not so happy with their lot in life right now as they are still not "winning".

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, oakville said:

It was Washington  Examiner's David Drucker. They were discussing Senator Harris's drop in the polls.

He merely  stated that  Senator Harris  is a combination of Hillary Clinton and Meghan Markle.  Smart and stylish. 

It was neither  derogatory nor racist. 

• Useful 1
7 minutes ago, oakville said:

Apologies as I haven't watched the show this week but according to Morning Joe's twitter feed I believe the gentlemen that was on is Jason Johnson who is a professor of political science and on MSNBC quite often.  And Rep. Hank Johnson did a stellar job in the Lewandowski hearing yesterday.  I enjoy watching/listening to both.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, tres bien said:

It was Washington  Examiner's David Drucker. They were discussing Senator Harris's drop in the polls.

He merely  stated that  Senator Harris  is a combination of Hillary Clinton and Meghan Markle.  Smart and stylish. 

It was neither  derogatory nor racist. 

Thanks for the context. That does make a difference.

• Love 2

They opened the show with clips of Tump talking about the border wall construction.

Mika said that there is something wrong with Trump. Joe seemed perplexed that Mika is doing mental health analysis.  He told her not to get into that.  Mika has her weird gleeful demeanor where everything is a secret or joke.  Someone needs to tell her this is a news broadcast.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 7
21 minutes ago, nittanycougar said:

Someone needs to tell her this is a news broadcast.

Meeka thinks she is on a sit-com.   Exaggerated expressions.   Pulled faces.  Complete lack of any substantive conversation.   She can be heard in the background:  "What?!".   "Mmm hmm."    "Riiiiight".    That's her total input, as she can no longer even read the teleprompter without mangling her words.  

And a few minutes ago Joe completely humiliated her on national TV.   When he started to further bloviate on some subject she said "We have to go to break now" and he said NO! and kept right on talking, not just finishing a sentence, but on and on.   Then she said again, "We have to go to break" - and he didn't even bother saying NO, just kept right on pontificating, leaving her silent and feigning amusement when you know she was dying on the inside.   Her KYV persona has got to be a joke, right?   She's just punking everyone at this point, because Joe wipes the floor with her every morning and she just sits there and takes it.   She might as well show up in a red robe and a white bonnet.

Edited by Ladyrain
  • Love 10

Steve Rattner *must* be getting paid by the health insurance industry. He is utterly disdainful of Medicare for All and seems to think Americans are very happy with their employer health insurance, like they have all these other options and have a history of being able to select other options and stay with employee insurance anyway. They have NO choice, Rattner, and in many cases, it's inadequate. I wish we could all live in that rarefied space that Rattner lives in where all your health issues are handled by our pals at CIGNA, AETNA, Humana, and BCBS and it's super affordable. Plus, we can leave our jobs at any time and still be covered.

Edited by Nidratime
  • Love 7

Joe doesn't like the poll results that showed Sanders gaining 8 points. Warren had dropped to third place.

Joe said that Howard Dean was leading the polls in the summer of 2003.

Joe said that the candidates have to knock on doors to get the votes.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

Mika has her weird gleeful demeanor where everything is a secret or joke

This is what Kate McKinnon mocks. 
Today was perhaps Mika's worst day ever?  All her ticks, asides, non-sequitors, giggles, jokes, piling on, and doormat behavior on display.
It's amazing how her lack of professionalism renders the show's information secondary.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Nidratime said:

Steve Rattner *must* be getting paid by the health insurance industry. He is utterly disdainful of Medicare for All and seems to think Americans are very happy with their employer health insurance, like they have all these other options and have a history of being able to select other options and stay with employee insurance anyway. They have NO choice, Rattner, and in many cases, it's inadequate. I wish we could all live in that rarefied space that Rattner lives in where all your health issues are handled by our pals at CIGNA, AETNA, Humana, and BCBS and it's super affordable. Plus, we can leave our jobs at any time and still be covered.

I agree Rattner was a little ridiculous, but I do think he's right in the sense that people are fearful of getting something taken away, even if they're not happy with what they have. People *hate* change. They're afraid of getting stuck with something worse, and if you think the scaremongering around the ACA was bad, just wait til the M4A debates start. I hope everyone's ready.

As a side observation, the muttering and paper-rustling emanating from the Breakfast Bunker this morning during the Jim Himes interview was really distracting. I wonder if the sound guys are trolling Joe and Mika?

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Joe commented on Canadian Prime Minister wearing Brownface in 2001. He also wore dark make up while singing Harry Belafonte's Day o song.

Mika was upset that Trudeau had his hand on a women's chest while wearing blackface.

Joe mocked Trudeau for being a costume enthusiast.

Joe said you shouldn't wear blackface.

Joe said that Trudeau could lose the election.

Joe is an expert on Canadian politics.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Joe ACTUALLY SAID this morning that a "foreign leader" had called him today to talk about world affairs.

I know we joke about this all the time, but this was a real thing that happened today.

Edited by Eliot
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

She might as well show up in a red robe and a white bonnet.

No, no, no, no, no.  She is not a Handmaid, because she does this to herself.  Nobody is forcing her into this semi-subservient but mostly passive-aggressive mode.  If she assertively tells Joe to STFU because the producers need a commercial break, is he going to have her fired?  Divorce her?  Too bad she has no actual journalist or political credentials to get a real job without benefit of lover/future husband.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, Eliot said:

Joe ACTUALLY SAID this morning that a "foreign leader" had called him today to talk about world affairs.

I know we joke about this all the time, but this was a real thing that happened today.

This is reason for him to be called into Griffin's office and read the riot act.  How does this jackass have any credibility??? 

Can you imagine Rachel Maddow saying this?  Or Mika's "north star" Cokie Roberts? 

"President Macron I'd love to talk to you right now about Iran but I'm trying to get a cake out of the oven, and Mika does not like it when her Emotional Support Cakes aren't done by the time she gets home from her Know Your Value Wine Tasting Shaminars. . 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

This is reason for him to be called into Griffin's office and read the riot act.  How does this jackass have any credibility??? 

By "foreign leader," he undoubtedly means some town councilman from the Northwest Territory on his way to DisneyWorld.

Edited by meowmommy
  • LOL 3

So De Blasio choses their show to announce he's ending his campaign.  And the honors just continue to roll in . . . 

19 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika didn't like Joe talking about Hannity & Ingraham fighting on the hand off of the show.

Then it's a good thing they didn't play the EP version of their exchange as it was rather clear Ingraham wasn't kidding in her shots at Hannity.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Eliot said:

Yes and thank goodness they have good cell service where they are as apparently those world leaders are still blowing up both their phones last night and today.

Sure Jan.

• Love 2

Mika & Joe are still in NY.

Mika accused Giuliani of being drunk on yesterday's interview with Cuomo. They have said this on numerous occasion.

Mika & Joe made fun of Trump.

Mika said there were phone calls between Trump & Ukraine.

Trump wants Ukraine to investigate Biden.

• Love 3

I think Giuliani is a ghoulish, lying nutbag but I think Elise Jordan was out of line for suggesting he be "sent to hospice."  That was uncalled for.   I get that she was suggesting that he's out of his freakin' mind, but saying something like "put out to pasture" would have been funnier and less cruel.  Hospice ain't funny.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I think Giuliani is a ghoulish, lying nutbag but I think Elise Jordan was out of line for suggesting he be "sent to hospice."  That was uncalled for.   I get that she was suggesting that he's out of his freakin' mind, but saying something like "put out to pasture" would have been funnier and less cruel.  Hospice ain't funny.

Elise is trying to be as outrageous as Donnie Deutsch. It's not a good look.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Hospice ain't funny.

I thought she was talking about something else, because it doesn't even pertain to whatever is going on with Guiliani. 

Unless she doesn't realize hospice is the end of life care, or just confused it with whatever she was thinking.  I know sometimes when I get into heated conversations just ranting with friends over events like Guiliani's CNN appearance, (ie WTF)  your mouth is going faster than your brain and you misspeak. 

1 minute ago, oakville said:

Elise is trying to be as outrageous as Donnie Deutsch. It's not a good look.

WTF is Deutsch doing at an FBI agents going away party?  I think even Heileman questioned that remark.  Did Donnie catch Scarborough-itis?  

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I thought she was talking about something else, because it doesn't even pertain to whatever is going on with Guiliani. 

No, she was specifically referring to Guiliani.  I guess she thought she was being funny. 

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

No, she was specifically referring to Guiliani.  I guess she thought she was being funny. 

I happen to see the whole thing live last night.  I know everybody thought Rudy was in the bag but I have seen "Go-Go Juice" Giuliani and this wasn't it.  There was no slurring or sweating, just a lot of flailing and throwing in incendiary names to stir the pot and deflect from the topic at hand.  I too am no fan of his but I found a lot of the comments to be a little out of bounds.

Speaking of which, it was just cruel of Joe to remind Donnie his show had been cancelled when he's sitting right there at the table.  Not cool.

1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

When I heard Podhoretz come on, I was forced to wipe shower water out of my eyes and grope for my cell phone to see if he was sporting a cotton cable knit Chaps sweater.  My herculean attempts paid off....

HEE, the Gods of Air Time smiled on me today and I literally missed him by seconds.  They did have a quick shot of him in his little grey cable knit sweater.  Adorable.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Speaking of which, it was just cruel of Joe to remind Donnie his show had been cancelled when he's sitting right there at the table.  Not cool.

Wasn't this a pet project of Joe's? Who else would have been behind that cluster fuck? 

19 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Wasn't this a pet project of Joe's? Who else would have been behind that cluster fuck? 

Oh I didn't know Joe had a hand in Donnie landing that show but I think you posted earlier today about that music fest at the end of the show (that he must have snuck out to tape since it wasn't even live).  Good grief they are down to like one hour of live "news" time with the rest either replays or their vanity projects.

I caught the tail end of Meek's shoehorning in KYV, was she encouraging De Blasio to sign up now that he threw in the towel of his vanity project?

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Oh I didn't know Joe had a hand in Donnie landing that show

I don't know that for a fact, it just seems like something Joe would do, 

You have to make people owe you something when you can't get friends any other way. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 2

Joe, Mika, William Weld and Mark Sanford are talking about the president and the Ukraine.  Mika is doing her full on serious anchor voice to read WaPo and WSJ articles, complete with serious mouth pursing.  This must be a big news day because there is no smirking or flirting.  Joe is wearing a shirt that looks like a checkered tablecloth.

Elizabeth Warren is leading Biden and Sanders in Iowa polls. Joe said that Warren is soaring.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, nittanycougar said:

Joe, Mika, William Weld and Mark Sanford are talking about the president and the Ukraine.  Mika is doing her full on serious anchor voice to read WaPo and WSJ articles, complete with serious mouth pursing.  This must be a big news day because there is no smirking or flirting.  Joe is wearing a shirt that looks like a checkered tablecloth.

Elizabeth Warren is leading Biden and Sanders in Iowa polls. Joe said that Warren is soaring.

Joe has been wearing that tablecloth shirt since 2011.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2