Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

47 minutes ago, oakville said:

I can't figure out which Studio Mika & Joe are broadcasting from.

Yep no kidding.  I watched the first five minutes and then bounced for the day but the studio situation was different.  What caught my eye was that enormous Starbuck's cup Meeks had parked in front of her.  I thought oh look someone got her a nice little snack tray . . . the professionalism that wafts off that show is suffocating.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Yep no kidding.  I watched the first five minutes and then bounced for the day but the studio situation was different.  What caught my eye was that enormous Starbuck's cup Meeks had parked in front of her.  I thought oh look someone got her a nice little snack tray . . . the professionalism that wafts off that show is suffocating.

Ha!. I think they are in the same studio in Washington but they refuse to show them together.

During the show's golden years, Joe used to eat cereal on the set . There were days when you could see the spilled milk on Joe's fleece

Joe would also bring donuts  to the ste. Mika got mad at Joe & threw the donuts in the garbage.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, izabella said:

Why them specifically, and why just them?  None of the GOP in Congress are complaining about Trump.

Those two are names that Joe remembers are still GOP Senators. Sometimes, Joe remembers that there are other GOP Senators like Susan Collins. It's very difficult for Joe to remember who is still in the Senate or Congress.

The show used to be able to get interviews with GOP representatives but they no longer do that. It would be a much more interesting show to watch them defend Trump.

Joe forgets that he was in Congress in the 1990s and followed the party line.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

What caught my eye was that enormous Starbuck's cup Meeks had parked in front of her.  I thought oh look someone got her a nice little snack tray . . . the professionalism that wafts off that show is suffocating.

She just wants to make sure Kate McKinnon never runs out of material...

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Tom Holmberg said:

“No, he’s not playing three-dimensional chess, these are the times that you realize he stares at the board, he picks up a pawn, put it in his mouth, and starts eating it,” Scarborough said, to laughter from the panel. “That’s where we are. All of this does not accrue to his benefit. As he digests all of the chess pieces, you realize when it hits his stomach, it’s bad news for him.”

“I’m trying to go along with this imagery but I don’t know how to advance it,” said a queasy Sam Stein.

LOL

• Love 2
1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

Apparently, oakville is on one of his legendary vacations, which are not needed anyway since he lives in Florida now.  Anyhoo--someone better volunteer to recap tomorrow, since we cannot go TWO days w/o MJ banter.

Ha!. I would have recapped the show today but the site was down for maintenance this morning. For the record, I still live in Oakville, Ontario. We haven't found a place in Florida yet.

It was a better show than normal.  Joe did not go on a rant about the Red Sox.

There was a good discussion with Max Rose about inviting the Taliban to Camp David for peace talks.

I think Mika & Joe are in Washington unless the Florida bunker was renovated. There is wood paneling in the background. They aren't shown together which is odd but they appear to be in the same room.

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, oakville said:

Ha!. I would have recapped the show today but the site was down for maintenance this morning. For the record, I still live in Oakville, Ontario. We haven't found a place in Florida yet.

It was a better show than normal.  Joe did not go on a rant about the Red Sox.

There was a good discussion with Max Rose about inviting the Taliban to Camp David for peace talks.

I think Mika & Joe are in Washington unless the Florida bunker was renovated. There is wood paneling in the background. They aren't shown together which is odd but they appear to be in the same room.

I’d say there down in Pensacola or Maine bc they were up in Maine since July with Mikas family so now there prob with joes 

Edited by Loloooopoi
  • Love 4

This morning, Joe, Eugene and Barnicle are on the NY Times story about Trump's hotel business in Scotland. Barnicle always seems half out of it like he could be talking about the Red Sox or his favorite beer.

A WaPo poll shows a 38 percent approval rating for the president.  Joe thinks this means trouble.

Willie says they hear whispers about Trump in private from politicians that no one will say in public.

Mika says Republicans should want to vote for an alternative to Trump.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 2

Today’s show reminded me that I am so bored with business reporters who natter on and on about CEOs needing “economic certainty” to be able to function in today’s world. Isn’t it their job to manage uncertainty? Isn’t that what they get paid their enormous salaries for? And when is the economy certain anyway, FFS? Administrations change every four years. Congress changes every two years. Their job is to manage their companies regardless of external conditions, not whine about how they don’t know what’s going to happen and use that as an excuse to make bad political decisions

It annoys me.

• Love 3

The show started with Willie complaining about the verbal tic "right" at the end of the sentence.

Mika giggled.

Joe complained about the Red Sox not wanting to win the World Series again and not making any trades at the deadline.

Joe likes David Ortiz.

Joe complained about Dombrowski.

Why didn't the Red Sox listen to Joe?

Joe complained about Trump's behavior at his rally.

Lemire said that there were no fascist chants last night. He stuck to his script.

Joe said Trump's behavior has declined since the summer began.

Joe said the new Leonhardt poll shows the Democrats have lost the advantage over Republicans.

Joe blamed the Democrats for losing the advantage because of the debates.

Joe complained about Democrats offering free health care to illegal immigrants & opening the borders.

Willie said that Biden is leading because he isn't as radical as the other Democrats.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 3

I have tuned in to the 8:00 hour, hoping to hear something about the Russia Spy story - it has been on CNN and was headlined on both MSNBC and CNN last night.

When I tuned in to MJ earlier, there was a lot of KYV stuff, lots of banter, Trump's rally, etc.  At 8:00 my hopes went up when I saw Clint Watts (Crush!) on set with Willie.  They did open with the spy story (kind of - after giggle-tickle "When I was in Congress").  Then, 10 minutes in, they go to the meat of the story with Watts.  I am waiting for Joe to put his spin on it.   

• Love 2

Eugene said that people pay attention more the weather forecasts that Trump's Turnberry scandal.

Mika made Ainsley tell the story about throwing up at the Mueller press conference.

Mika texted Ainsley to ask her if she was pregnant. Ainsley said yes & hadn't even told her parents.

Joe laughed nervously throughout the segment.

Mika was excited about everyone getting pregnant at MSNBC.

KYV will discuss Morning Sickness on their website.

That was so strange. Why is Mika obsessed with everyone at MSNBC getting pregnant?

Edited by oakville
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Mika was happy that Lori Loughlin & Felicity Huffman could go to jail for the college admission scandal.

Joe mocked Boris Johnson for losing the votes to have an election in the UK.

Joe said it's easy to complain from the cheap seats.

• Love 3

Shouldn't Meeka be more respectful of Elizabeth Warren's chances?  I mean, Warren would seem to Know Her Value.  It seems odd that Meeka does not boast about the women in the race.  Who is Ainsley?  

And the college admission scandal?  If I were Ms. KYV I would not be throwing stones at the entitled celebs that bought their kid's way into college; did Meeka have parental help?  Maybe she didn't and I am being bitchy.  Mr. Kemper is hobbling with a bad hip and he pulled a rib trying to do a stretch on the yoga mat with our Mr. Kemper Kitty.  Kitty, for some reason, loves the yoga mat - gets in between the human's legs, tries to sit on the human's tummy, etc. when human is doing yoga.  I think it has something to do with Kitty and Human being at eye level.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Shouldn't Meeka be more respectful of Elizabeth Warren's chances?  I mean, Warren would seem to Know Her Value.  It seems odd that Meeka does not boast about the women in the race.  Who is Ainsley?  

And the college admission scandal?  If I were Ms. KYV I would not be throwing stones at the entitled celebs that bought their kid's way into college; did Meeka have parental help?  Maybe she didn't and I am being bitchy. 

Mika is desperate for Biden to win, so she can get Jill Biden to appear on KYV.

A few months ago Mika was excited about Kamala Harris helping her sell tickets to a KYV seminar.

Elizabeth Warren has not agreed to endorse KYV or encourage her supporters to buy Mika's books.

Mika should make it clear to viewers that she will only support candidates that help KYV.

Mika said that NBC News reached out to Harvey Weinstein to get a rebuttal to the She Said book.

Mika did not discuss that Weinstein's company was supposed to publish her books before the scandal was made public.

• Love 1

Mika was excited about Stephanie Ruhle writing an article for KYV about women innovators.

Karine Jean better have a baby or write an article for KYV otherwise she will be off the show.

Mika is obsessed with getting everyone to discuss their babies or KYV.

Stephanie demanded that Forbes do better and put more women on the innovator list.

I am not sure if Stephanie ever apologized for promoting the Under Armour company on CNBC after having an affair with its CEO.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

The last interview was with the author of the immoral majority.

Joe said he spoke to make Southern Baptists who won't vote for Trump. They won't vote for Democrats for President.

Joe wore glasses during the last segment t look serious.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

And I have to remind myself to check out Morning Joe's twitter feed to see who is going to be on that day as I would have liked to have watched the Max Rose and the women that wrote that book about Me Too that is blowing up the internet today.  I am truly sorry I missed them.  I just need to learn to listen around good guests and ignore the rest of the static as I clearly missed some important things.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Kemper said:

And the college admission scandal?  If I were Ms. KYV I would not be throwing stones at the entitled celebs that bought their kid's way into college; did Meeka have parental help?  Maybe she didn't and I am being bitchy.

She’s said her father wrote her entire private school application materials, essay and all, and sent it in for her. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Mika & Joe are in the new studio today. Joe is wearing glasses.

It's the anniversary of 9/11.

Joe was upset that the GOP won both special elections in North Carolina. However, the Democrats got more votes in the suburbs.

• Love 1

I'm seeing new backdrops for everyone this morning. Mom and Dad are together in one shot, at a remote location, no clue as to which one. But both of them in one shot, remotely, is something not previously done. IIRC. Their backdrop gives the impression that they are sitting in a corner. The camera is somewhat elevated, possibly attempting to dilute the impression of Mom's bewbs - which are quite perky in her red cardigan. 

(I read about, but did not see, shows that possibly originated in Maine recently). 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, suomi said:

I'm seeing new backdrops for everyone this morning. Mom and Dad are together in one shot, at a remote location, no clue as to which one. But both of them in one shot, remotely, is something not previously done. IIRC. Their backdrop gives the impression that they are sitting in a corner. The camera is somewhat elevated, possibly attempting to dilute the impression of Mom's bewbs - which are quite perky in her red cardigan. 

(I read about, but did not see, shows that possibly originated in Maine recently). 

I wonder if MSNBC finlly agreed to build them a bigger studio in Florida. ?

There is a small table, so perhaps they could have 1 guest appear.

• Love 2

Joe couldn't believe that Warren was losing to Trump. Barnicle blamed Democrts for being too far left offering Medicare for All.

Joe complained about the Red Sox losing again.

Joe should demand  meeting with the Red Sox owner.

Joe said that Warren is running a very good campaign but she is losing to Trump in New Hampshire.

Joe is worried about Joe Biden fading throughout the campaign. Joe is worried about him losing the debate tomorrow.

Mika said that Republicans are comfortable with Joe Biden.

Joe said people are terrified of losing their private insurance.

Mika made it clear that Biden is the best alternative for Democrats.

• Useful 1

Jeh Johnson said that American want secure borders & treat immigrants humanely.

He is against decriminalization of people crossing the border illegally.

Richard Haas is against Medicare for All. He said the USA is a moderate country & won't tolerate government healthcare for everyone.

• Love 3

Joe said that Trump is doomed with his approval ratings. Joe said Trump needs 50% approval to win.

Joe said Trump will lose the swing states. Joe said Trump can't win gain. Joe doesn't believe the Matrix's .

Joe mocked Robbie Mook for using fancy terms to explain Hillary Clinton's support.

Heilemann said that Obama was below 50% & still won the election

Willie made fun of the Clinton campaign's algorithims. They lost the election.

• Useful 1
6 minutes ago, arejay said:

18 years ago, Joe. Good Lord. ....and by all means, let's make it about Mika running 50 blocks to get the story.

Yes I figured today would be all about Mika. 

What is going on with Joe? He looks ridiculous.  Grow a pair Joe and tell Mika you aren't her personal Ken doll.  What she got 2 boob jobs and a face lift for you, so now she dresses you up like Poindexter? 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, oakville said:

Willie made fun of the Clinton campaign's algorithims. They lost the election.

They're like old vaudeville comedians that don't realize squirting people with seltzer water isn't funny any more. The Trump schtick, bashing the Clintons, etc. is so old it smells of desperation and stupidity.  And shows they have no  interest in discussing important matters.

A bunch of babies whining about whatever pissed them off years ago, who hurt their feelings or told them to fuck off. 

Any talk about the agent pulled out of the Kremlin in 2017? Or trying to bribe the captain of the tanker to turn it over to the US?  Climate change? How farmers are being affected by the trade war? 

Nah, let's make fun of Robby Mook, because only a few people around that table even know who he is,  or care. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
31 minutes ago, oakville said:

The show also started showing the old photos of Mika & Joe walking across a busy street in New York. They are so old that Mika was wearing her sexy short dresses with Joe's hair darker & parted the other way.

Yes, that one came via the wayback machine.

OG Morning Joe's homage to the cover of Abbey Road, while Dionne Warwick warbled "Walk On By." Oy vey. 

• Love 3