Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

Katie Tur has been off since April and she seems to still have a job. Yasmin took off 4+ months and she had a job when she got back. Mika used this same theme with her, like she's trying to stir up shit regarding women taking maternity leave at the network. 

All due respect, if Kasie didn't discuss with the network how the show would be handled in her absence, and when she would come back to work, she should have.    But I'm sure since she's Mika & Joe's little pet, they had to stick their noses into it.  

And again THIS^^^

Geez that whole KYV is such a farce.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Eliot said:

Seems like Mika isn't doing a very good job expanding her base. She has to continually return to the MSNBC well to get new source material

I think NBC owns KYV.  The URL is https://www.nbcnews.com/knowyourvalue
In that context it only makes sense that they'd promote their own vs other news media stars.  But it doesn't explain why the "movement" hasn't gained traction from women in other industries.
Oh, also, the whole conceit of KYV is off-the-charts stupid.

• Love 4

Oh god, more blathering about Killimanjaro and how hard it was.   And more "ahhhing" and giggling.  And that high squealy thing she does.    And it's only 6:04.  

It's gonna be a long morning.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Oh god, more blathering about Killimanjaro and how hard it was.   And more "ahhhing" and giggling.  And that high squealy thing she does.    And it's only 6:04.  

You have greater patience than I. After the squealing I was out. Doesn’t bode well for the sound effects she’ll provide for the rest of the show. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Honestly, does anyone recall any other female panelist ever squealing like that?  Ever??  

And Katty seems especially put out with Meek-a this morning.   Katty helped keep this ship afloat while Meeks was off mountain climbing, so to have to sit there on her hands while Mrs. Scarborough squeaks and giggles her way through the show must be especially galling.  She must be thinking, "I'm playing 5th banana to this bubble head??"

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Ladyrain said:

Mika has agreed to post pictures of her climb up the mountain on Instagram.

Joe said it's tough to climb to the McDonald's on the second floor at Times Square.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Joe is upset that Trump didn't listen to the foreign policy experts on getting out of Syria & Iraq.

Isis is coming back in countries where US troops have left.

Joe mocked Obama for leaving Iraq in the first place.

Joe made fun of Trump for saying that Google shifted millions of votes to Clinton.

• Love 1

Since Kaisie Hunt was a panelist this morning (and is due any day now),  Meeks has a new phrase that she's cracking herself up with:  Baby DC.    She thinks she's so cute with that one.

Joe's hair looks like it's trying to get away from him.   I feel its pain.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

Mika was happy that Joe Biden is still leading in the polls.

He has 29%. Bernie has 15% & Warren has 14% . Pete & Kamala have 5%..

Harris fell 12% to 5%.

Joe said he was right about Kamala being a flash in the pan after the first debate.

Willie admitted that its' still early in the process. 

Edited by oakville
  • Love 1

Mika & Joe joked about Sam Stein being an aging teen sensation. He was not amused.

The new graphics show Mike's Hot Takes. Stein is upset at being on the air. Mika started making baby noises.

Joe liked Andrew Sullivan's article on conservatism.

Mika stumbled over reading the teleprompter again.

• Love 3

I have adopted a violent dislike of John Delaney. He looks to me like what a penis would look like if it were always angry and perpetually put-upon.

Also, there is no talking point I hate more than any economic analysis that uses election day 2016 as a starting point (yes, Katty Kay, I'm looking at you - you should know better). As everyone on the panel knows, a new president can't affect economic policy until after *taking office.* (and even then it takes a while for any policy to kick in). So why is Katty talking about the stock market "since Trump was elected"? Why is she adopting his talking point?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
54 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Joe's hair looks like it's trying to get away from him.   I feel its pain.

Seriously, I may never get over this . . . I am literally crying from laughing . . . thank you for my first morning laugh out loud!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Joe said he wants to bring the country together after Trump leaves office.

Joe said Lincoln was right to try and bring America together after the Civil War

Mika mocked TJ for not getting Sam Stein's song ready. She said he wasn't doing his job.

Mika & Joe liked Biden's TV ad.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika mocked TJ for not getting Sam Stein's song ready. She said he wasn't doing his job.

Ugh, I watched next to none of the show today but did manage to catch that gem.  He wasn't doing his job . . . good grief Meeks, a little self reflection needed?

Couldn't grab the remote fast enough.

42 minutes ago, oakville said:

Stein is upset at being on the air.

No kidding, I caught a couple of minutes of him and he looked pissed.  He's one of their better regular guests, they should treat him better.

• Love 4

If Katy gets one more eye lift, her eyes will be on the side of her head. As it is, her eyes make her look angry.

I KNOW!!  I was trying to restrain myself from being overly critical of a fellow older woman's looks, but what the hell--here goes.  Her face has become so shiny because of her extreme cheek fillers that it looks like light is being projected out from them. And she was wearing some kind of 70's muddy looking blush.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Ok Oakville, help me here.  What on earth is this?  Please tell me this isn't for Barnicle.

Yes it was for Barnicle. I don't know why it was brought up today. Barnicle is not on the set.

Mika had mixed feelings about Warren apologized for her past claims of being part native american.

Mika admitted that she had to apologize for some of her comments.

The rally drew 12,000. These are similar numbers to Mika's KYV seminars.

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Joe made fun of Trump for saying that Google shifted millions of votes to Clinton.

Wait.  What?  Is this a real thing?

Imagine being a professional news woman grinding at your job and you happen to be expecting a baby soon.  Imagine how hard you roll your eyes and sigh when you see Mika bouncing down the hallway at you making baby goo goo sounds.  How many times would you have said "please god no" under your breath as Mika approaches?  A million?  A bazillion?

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, oakville said:

These are similar numbers to Mika's KYV seminars.

I see a second career in PR for you young man . . . hee!

Can't wait to see that slide presentation of her Kilimanjaro trek.  I didn't know Louboutin made snow boots.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Is Kilimanjaro code for plastic surgeon? I didn't watch yesterday but I turned it on this morning and not only did she get her hair cut but she looks "refreshed". I noticed immediately she looks different. However she still can't read. 

Other than those few minutes I didn't watch.   Succession on my dvr was calling.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, oakville said:

Yes it was for Barnicle. I don't know why it was brought up today. Barnicle is not on the set.

Hmmmm, ok I see.  Never, ever expected to see the words "hot" and Mike Barnicle in the same sentence but there you go.  Hee.

Plus there is never anything hot about his takes and yet he, Brokaw and Noonan still get booked.  Blech.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Is Kilimanjaro code for plastic surgeon? I didn't watch yesterday but I turned it on this morning and not only did she get her hair cut but she looks "refreshed". I noticed immediately she looks different. However she still can't read. 

Other than those few minutes I didn't watch.   Succession on my dvr was calling.  

Yes this ^^^ thank you!  I was thinking the same thing!  You just climbed an enormous mountain (and took the fast track mind you) and you come back looking like you spent a week at one of those Switzerland clinics/spas?  I would think your skin would take a severe pounding up there in the clouds . . . hmmmm.  Now I really am looking forward to see that slide presentation checking for Photoshop.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Well she did say she would only post a couple pics because "it was a time for my daughter and I and blah blah" fuck off Mika we know you're full of shit.

So her daughter is going along with her bullshit? 

Did she hike the mountain or just go look at it for 5 minutes then fly to Paris or wherever she gets her face fixed? It takes 5-9 days to hike it. That's the entire time she was gone with a couple days to fly there and back.  If she hiked Kilimanjaro I won the Boston Marathon. Twice. 

https://www.ultimatekilimanjaro.com/days.htm

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Is Kilimanjaro code for plastic surgeon?

Maybe Kilimanjaro is the name of a process where they cyrogenically freeze your wrinkles? Or else its the name of a top Nepalese Plastic Surgeon (Dr. Kllimanjaro--paging Dr. Kilimanjaro)

Can't wait to see that slide presentation of her Kilimanjaro trek.  I didn't know Louboutin made snow boots

Chloesmom, you slay! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Well she did say she would only post a couple pics because "it was a time for my daughter and I and blah blah" fuck off Mika we know you're full of shit.

Did she hike the mountain or just go look at it for 5 minutes then fly to Paris or wherever she gets her face fixed? It takes 5-9 days to hike it. That's the entire time she was gone with a couple days to fly there and back.  If she hiked Kilimanjaro I won the Boston Marathon. Twice. 

Exactly!  Between travel, pre-climb instructions and training, decompressing after a grueling climb and she's back in no time at all?  And perky!  Yep I agree, I totally call bullshit.

10 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Chloesmom, you slay! 

Oh thank you my friend but seriously this is such crap!  Seriously, I want to see those Instagram photos (and of course those boots) . . . 😈

eta:  I wonder how much of her gear has KYV embroidered on it . . . 

Edited by Chloesmom
Added additional snark
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Oh thank you my friend but seriously this is such crap!  Seriously, I want to see those Instagram photos (and of course those boots) . . . 😈

I bet we'll get one of those videos of her climbing that's obviously filmed in front of a green screen, with the weird borders around someone's head and body!  Or else someone will leak Mika in a black  catsuit with those balls glued on it that they use when filming an actor who will be in a CG movie!! Mika climbs up the mountain in ta blizzard  as a Yeti swipes at her (oh wait , I'm reliving my ride on Expedition Everest at Disneyworld!)

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Was she at Everest or Kilimanjaro? 

Everest is Nepal and there is no fucking way she did that. Kilimanjaro is Tanzania in Africa. 

She is NOT an experienced climber so I'm wondering if they just did a Rich White Girl safari package and drove by Kilimanjaro. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
58 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Pray tell how does Google hack into election machines and "shift votes"? 

I think this article explains what Joe was discussing. It has to do with search results.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/19/us/politics/google-votes-election-trump.html

30 minutes ago, oakville said:

Pray tell how does Google hack into election machines and "shift votes"? 

I think this article explains what Joe was discussing. It has to do with search results.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/19/us/politics/google-votes-election-trump.html

Oh so the same way when you google Joe Scarborough after the data re his career and the many states where he resided in his childhood, the first story is "tax scheme behind Morning Joe Florida basement studio". 

Maybe one of the slaves can show Joe how the internet works. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

No kidding, I caught a couple of minutes of him and he looked pissed.  He's one of their better regular guests, they should treat him better.

I thought the whole "funny" bit about Sam was over the top, and actually, quite rude. I also saw that pissed look, more than once. I'm surprised he didn't get up and leave the set! Meeks is getting too giddy, and it's hard to take her comments seriously. Perhaps her idea of "climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro" is taking a helicopter view of the mountain? Those pics will be interesting. 

• Love 4

Why all the doubt as to whether Mika climbed Kilimanjaro? It's definitely NOT Everest LOL, tons of tourists do it every year. I agree she did it a bit too fast, and she probably got horrible altitude sickness and/or hypothermia, but she's still relatively fit and I don't see why she shouldn't have managed to drag herself up there. It's the altitude that kills you, but as mountains go, it's not particularly dangerous or taxing with the right precautions. 

IDK I find her unprepared and floundering in many ways, professionally and academically,  but I see no reason to doubt her honesty about what she did during her vacation. 

And Sam Stein is obviously in on the joke, and has been, for years. Yeah it's maybe getting a bit stale, but in my opinion it's a lot better than the faux-seriousness, clamped feeling they sometimes resort to. As much as they annoy me, I'd much rather have them relaxed and natural than stifled and overly formal...

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Ugh, I watched next to none of the show today but did manage to catch that gem.  He wasn't doing his job . . . good grief Meeks, a little self reflection needed?

Couldn't grab the remote fast enough.

Mika is very arrogant. She should be friendlier with Sam Stein & Kasie.

• Love 4

Oh so the same way when you google Joe Scarborough after the data re his career and the many states where he resided in his childhood, the first story is "tax scheme behind Morning Joe Florida basement studio". 

Maybe one of the slaves can show Joe how the internet works. 

It's shocking that Google continues to post research results that could be considered to be critical of Joe. Joe is a widely respected thought leader who is adored by millions.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I'm wondering if they just did a Rich White Girl safari package and drove by Kilimanjaro. 

I never heard of this company, but I bet they did something on that order, rather than actually climbing. Well, we shall see. Re: Sam Stein: I don't mind some joking either, but this went on much too long, and had a bit of a nasty tinge to it. The only time Sam actually laughed was when Willie made the "I was the aging teen sensation too", or something like that. Then, and only then, was Sam amused. 

• Love 2

When Mika came back yesterday and said she was on vacation mountain climbing and Joe said he was off for a few days vacation somewhere else, my only immediate thought was - They need to take separate vacations from each other?  That was pretty quick. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

I bet we'll get one of those videos of her climbing that's obviously filmed in front of a green screen, with the weird borders around someone's head and body!  Or else someone will leak Mika in a black  catsuit with those balls glued on it that they use when filming an actor who will be in a CG movie!! Mika climbs up the mountain in ta blizzard  as a Yeti swipes at her (oh wait , I'm reliving my ride on Expedition Everest at Disneyworld!) 

We'll have to listen in the background if you can hear "It's a Small World" playing in the background . . . hee!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Lol. Which daughter? I’m assuming her obvious favorite?

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Seriously, I may never get over this . . . I am literally crying from laughing . . . thank you for my first morning laugh out loud!

And thank you,  Chloesmom, for the compliment!   And honestly, Joe's hair nearly hypnotizes me; I can barely stop staring at it.   It looks like it's parted on the wrong side and is fighting to get back.   Plus it's so puffy.   Mika must love running her fingers through it; that must be it.   And what a disturbing visual that is.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Damaris56 said:

When Mika came back yesterday and said she was on vacation mountain climbing and Joe said he was off for a few days vacation somewhere else, my only immediate thought was - They need to take separate vacations from each other?  That was pretty quick. 

Oakville would know better, but I believe that there’s tension between Mika’s daughters and Joe, so she tends to spend time with them without him. Her daughters did not attend the wedding ceremony but did come after for photos. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

And thank you,  Chloesmom, for the compliment!   And honestly, Joe's hair nearly hypnotizes me; I can barely stop staring at it.   It looks like it's parted on the wrong side and is fighting to get back.   Plus it's so puffy.   Mika must love running her fingers through it; that must be it.   And what a disturbing visual that is.

In the early days of Morning Joe, when Joe’s hair was much flatter, he parted his hair on the opposite side. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, cased said:

In the early days of Morning Joe, when Joe’s hair was much flatter, he parted his hair on the opposite side. 

Maybe it's a political statement.   "I used to be on the right, but now I'm leaning left".  

I'm staring at it again right now.  It's an involuntary response.   

A question for you fellow snarkers, something I've not quite figured out:   Joe and Meeks are obviously not in the NY studio with the rest of the crew (too good for them or something?) - however, wherever they are, they are not seated together.   Are they really in different locations (why?) or is it just made to look as if they are (again, why?)    

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Ladyrain said:

Maybe it's a political statement.   "I used to be on the right, but now I'm leaning left".  

I'm staring at it again right now.  It's an involuntary response.   

A question for you fellow snarkers, something I've not quite figured out:   Joe and Meeks are obviously not in the NY studio with the rest of the crew (too good for them or something?) - however, wherever they are, they are not seated together.   Are they really in different locations (why?) or is it just made to look as if they are (again, why?)    

MSNBC won't build them a proper studio in their home so they each have their own camera. It would look unprofessional for them to sit together on a small set.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6633431/Joe-Mika-filming-MSNBC-morning-Florida-wedding.html

• Love 2
8 hours ago, may flowers said:

Oakville would know better, but I believe that there’s tension between Mika’s daughters and Joe, so she tends to spend time with them without him. Her daughters did not attend the wedding ceremony but did come after for photos. 

I think the wedding was delayed due to some issues with the daughters & Joe.

Mika requested a full 3 hour televised wedding on MSNBC. The network refused.

Joe wanted his band to perform after the wedding.

The daughters wanted to keep the ceremony private.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4