Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Did Joe coin the "Moscow Mitch" name?  If so...kudos.  For some reason, Joe has not bothered me these last couple of days.  Maybe it is because my head is exploding, too.  I don't even mind Donnie D today.  And Meeka!  The fake Presidential Seal!  She even seemed to have a bit of real humor.  Winning.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Katy Tur!  The win!  She and Jacob Soborov (sp?) seem to make a great team.  What studio are they in?  With just Willie?

Reverend Al..."I've known Katie before she had bangs".....natural flow of conversation with all the people sitting around the table.  Where are Joe and Meeka?  I can't believe Meeks hasn't horned in with a KYV plug; because it would seem Katie knows hers.

The push I have seen on other shows regarding the special on Dark Money has made me want to watch.  

• Love 4

Friday Recap. Joe & Mika are in the bunker. Joe is yelling about Moscow Mitch &Cocaine  Mitch.

He is mad because the GOP is holding up legislation on more election security.

Joe is mad that the Russians are trying to interfere in the 2020 election.

Does Donnie have new glasses? He wants a war with the GOP.

• Love 2

I tuned in just long enough to see Eugene Robinson stumbling through an answer and I changed the channel.  I know he's a Pulitzer prize winning author (which they never fail to remind us of) but he's an awful, awful speaker and, frankly, I've never understood why he's on anyone's panel. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
39 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Katy Tur!  The win!  She and Jacob Soborov (sp?) seem to make a great team. 

Can TPTB send JoMeeka off into an early retirement sunset on Nantucket or Florida or the south of France or wherever the hell they keep disappearing to and let Katie and Jacob take over the show?  Morning KaJo.  

• Love 10

New polls.

Biden 49 Trump 39

Sander 46 Trump 40

Warren & Harris are losing by 1 point to Trump.

Joe is excited about Biden leading Trump.

Biden leading Trump by 8 points in Ohio.

Joe is sneering at Trump if he loses Ohio.

Joe mocked people that sucked up to Donald Trump.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

I've known Katie before she had bangs".

Her new haircut does look good.   

9 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe mocked people that sucked up to Donald Trump.

Was he mocking himself? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Joe mentioned something this morning about the fact that Trump used to contribute to Nancy Pelosi's campaigns. Perhaps this is why she's so loath to impeach him.

In other observations, does anyone else hear an annoying generator sound that apparently comes from the remote bunker?

• Love 4

Joe is excited that African American voters in South Carolina love Joe Biden.

Kamala Harris only has 12% support.

Al Sharpton said Biden was loyal to Obama & has the best chance to defeat Trump.

• Love 3

Joe is demanding that Democrats stop shouting at each other & focus on Trump

Joe would allow a few policy differences to be discussed at the debate.

Joe said he is not a Democrat.

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, The Solution said:

Joe mentioned something this morning about the fact that Trump used to contribute to Nancy Pelosi's campaigns. Perhaps this is why she's so loath to impeach him.

Joe is trying to change the narrative re his history with Trump so that his book isn't a complete disaster/joke. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Kemper said:

Did Joe coin the "Moscow Mitch" name?  If so...kudos.  For some reason, Joe has not bothered me these last couple of days.  Maybe it is because my head is exploding, too.  I don't even mind Donnie D today.  And Meeka!  The fake Presidential Seal!  She even seemed to have a bit of real humor.  Winning.

No he did not, it has been trending on Twitter for a while.  But that fake Presidential seal was just money and the "explanation" was even better.  I have run hundreds of presentations and I am here to tell you somebody intentionally hosed that PowerPoint deck.  If they needed a second slide at the end they could have copied over the initial one.  Some A+ trolling there.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

No he did not, it has been trending on Twitter for a while.

Joe is being credited for coming up with that name on several other shows. So, of course he'll take the honor!! I wish they would stop all the focusing on these various polls. It's much too early in the 2020 election, and things could rapidly change over these months ahead. Election security is something worth focusing, IMHO.

• Love 2
On 7/26/2019 at 6:26 AM, The Solution said:

In other observations, does anyone else hear an annoying generator sound that apparently comes from the remote bunker?

I haven’t noticed a generator sound, but I have noticed various clanking and beeping sounds. On Friday’s show, right at the beginning of the 7 am hour, there was a really loud banging noise right before Joe appeared on camera. 

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, cased said:

I haven’t noticed a generator sound, but I have noticed various clanking and beeping sounds. On Friday’s show, right at the beginning of the 7 am hour, there was a really loud banging noise right before Joe appeared on camera. 

They're making the snark entirely too easy. It's like shooting fish in a barrel. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, suomi said:

They're making the snark entirely too easy. It's like shooting fish in a barrel. 

I suspect they are in Martha's Vineyard, so they have to use back up generators wherever they are staying.

MSNBC should provide full studios for them wherever they go. Mika & Joe's opinions are too important to be drowned out by background noise.

I suspect Joe & Mika will be outraged on Monday after the Congressmen Cummings who officiated their wedding was criticized by Trump. Mika's daughter interned for him a few years ago.

Edited by oakville
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Show is terrible today. Watched a few minutes. Mika can’t read. Andrea Mitchell was on. Seemed very random. Joe asked her a multi minute question “where are the Republicans?” Andrea went off asking where are the Reagan eupblicans, the George Bush Republicans, the Colin Powell Republicans, ending w a Party of Lincoln reference  

this show is pointless 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, novhappy said:

Andrea Mitchell was on. Seemed very random. J

She was probably on due to her interview with Dan Coats last year in Aspen, when she announced, unbeknownst to Coats, that Putin was going to visit the WH.

I knew they'd be outraged, and rightly so, as the rest of us are, at the comments toward Rep Cummings and Baltimore. 

Monday Recap. Joe is mad at Trump for tweeting about Baltimore & Elijah Cummings.

Joe mentioned that Baltimore has a good hospital & university called John Hopkins. Mika's daughter went there.

Weren't there riots in Baltimore a few years ago over shootings of African Americans.

Joe admitted that Elijah was a friend of his. Joe gave one of his serious rants .

Pastor Joe was back.

Didn't Elijah Cummings marry Joe and Mika?

On a completely unrelated note, do a lot of home auto enthusiasts watch Morning Joe or something? I'm trying to understand why that stupid Rock Auto commercial plays during practically every break.

• LOL 1
19 minutes ago, Eliot said:

Didn't Elijah Cummings marry Joe and Mika?

On a completely unrelated note, do a lot of home auto enthusiasts watch Morning Joe or something? I'm trying to understand why that stupid Rock Auto commercial plays during practically every break.

Yes. I am surprised they didn't show the wedding photos.

I agree that the Rock Auto commercial is not targeted to the Morning Joe target audience.

I thought there should be more hair care & plastic surgery ads.

• LOL 6
23 minutes ago, oakville said:

Yes. I am surprised they didn't show the wedding photos.

Not on the show, but they were both posting wedding photos on Instagram over the weekend. 

9 minutes ago, cased said:

Not on the show, but they were both posting wedding photos on Instagram over the weekend. 

Yeah, they’ve successfully turned this into something all about them over on Instagram. My personal favourites are the ones with EC not in focus and half out of the shot. Because that’s what totally normal non-narcissists post as an homage to someone who is being politically attacked... photos of themselves.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe mentioned that Baltimore has a good hospital & university called John Hopkins. Mika's daughter went there.

Most, if not all, big cities have poor neighborhoods. That attack on Cummings was ridiculous, but Cummings is fighting back on twitter. Good for him.

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, PennyPie18 said:

Most, if not all, big cities have poor neighborhoods. That attack on Cummings was ridiculous, but Cummings is fighting back on twitter. Good for him.

Morning Joe should do a townhall in Baltimore to focus on the rebuilding of the city .

I was surprised that Cummings was not on Morning Joe today.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, The Solution said:

Whaddawe? In high school?

Yes! He didn't rule out no longer SnapChatting President Trump:)

I remember how mad Joe got at Trump when he stopped following him on twitter. Trump only followed  few people on twitter. Joe used to brag that Trump followed him on twitter during the election transition. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, oakville said:

Morning Joe should do a townhall in Baltimore to focus on the rebuilding of the city .

Rev Al was on the phone this morning. (He talked about this on his show Saturday and Sunday).

It would have been a good idea for Joe to ask him to organize a March in Washington like the one Dr King held in August 1963.

• Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, oakville said:

That's a really good idea, oakville.

I think Cummings is handling things very wisely by NOT appearing on any of the pundit shows, but especially this one!

Edited by Eliot
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, oakville said:

Did Joe mention that 45's HUD secretary, Ben Carson, was a respected pediatric neurosurgeon at Johns Hopkins for decades?

4 hours ago, PennyPie18 said:

The whole kerfuffle is ridiculous because Congressmen don't manage the cities or the districts they come from.  But then, clearly someone not to be mentioned, who started the kerfuffle, never learned basic civics.

6 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe forgot to apologize for criticizing Baltimore's Mayor a few years ago on today's show.

A mayor is fair game for what goes on in his/her city.  And Baltimore's mayor just resigned two months ago because of a scandal involving forcing health care entities to buy her shitty children's books in order to get city contracts.  

6 hours ago, cased said:

Maybe it's because I've never been married, but I have no interest in anyone's wedding photos, much less those of a couple I have never met.  However, just wanna know--did Mika wear white?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, oakville said:

I thought there should be more hair care & plastic surgery ads.

I can see why they stay away--what advertiser wants Mika and Joe as models to sell hair care and plastic surgery?  Unless, of course, they're the before pictures...

Edited by meowmommy
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

Did Joe mention that 45's HUD secretary, Ben Carson, was a respected pediatric neurosurgeon at Johns Hopkins for decades?

The whole kerfuffle is ridiculous because Congressmen don't manage the cities or the districts they come from.  But then, clearly someone not to be mentioned, who started the kerfuffle, never learned basic civics.

A mayor is fair game for what goes on in his/her city.  And Baltimore's mayor just resigned two months ago because of a scandal involving forcing health care entities to buy her shitty children's books in order to get city contracts.  

Maybe it's because I've never been married, but I have no interest in anyone's wedding photos, much less those of a couple I have never met.  However, just wanna know--did Mika wear white?  

There was no mention of Ben Carson.

Mika & Joe should make it clear that Cummings is a personal friend that was able to get them married in front of the Constitution.

IIRC, Mika & Joe brought Al Sharpton on the show to mediate Joe's dispute with the Mayor

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika & Joe should make it clear that Cummings is a personal friend that was able to get them married in front of the Constitution.

I don't recall if they mentioned their friendship, but Mika did say that a "family member" of hers worked in Cummings' office.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Eliot said:

I don't recall if they mentioned their friendship, but Mika did say that a "family member" of hers worked in Cummings' office.

Mika has mentioned on previous shows that her daughter worked for Cummings. There was a large fire in his district & several residents of the home died. One of the residents of the house worked for Cummings & Mika said her daughter worked with her.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, meowmommy said:

Yes, she did wear white, but it was a fairly tasteful dress. Age appropriate, at least.

• Love 1

Mika's scripted rant against Mark Meadows was just terrible.  She is so shrill and fake and clumsy.  When she puts energy into the pretend, it's cringeworthy.  Ugh.
Also, she made fun of him for crying.  So... I guess know yer value, Meadows.  Real men don't cry or something.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

She is now ranting at the President, insulting Meadows and the President. 
She's not suited for this position. 

I caught a few minutes and didn't see Joe. Was he AWOL? I'm surprised, if so, because of McConnell's reaction to the whole "Moscow Mitch" thing. I thought Joe would be basking in the glow. Instead, they sent in the JV squad? 

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Jordan Baker said:

I caught a few minutes and didn't see Joe. Was he AWOL? I'm surprised, if so, because of McConnell's reaction to the whole "Moscow Mitch" thing. I thought Joe would be basking in the glow. Instead, they sent in the JV squad? 

Joe was out sick today. 

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Mika's scripted rant against Mark Meadows was just terrible.  She is so shrill and fake and clumsy.  When she puts energy into the pretend, it's cringeworthy.  Ugh.
Also, she made fun of him for crying.  So... I guess know yer value, Meadows.  Real men don't cry or something.

I heard a little of Mika this morning, but with back to the tv.   She sounds over the top excited, like she's nervous or something and she was stumbling over introductions I believe in the 7  am block.  Mika, after her 20 plus years and 11 years on MJ, is a joke. 

I was comparing Mika's hysterics to Yasmin last night as she subbed for Ari Melber on The Beat. Yasmin can show anger over a situation without being so hysterical about it.  And it comes across as genuine.  I thought about how Mika would handle interviewing three women at the same time, across the desk, having a conversation.  They never have conversations on MJ, they just spew their rant, and then pick someone to agree with them. 

Poor Kasie. When is the baby due. She looks like she's very uncomfortable. 

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika prompted her to say that the Democrats are going to far to the left. She didn't like that.

That's my point.  HERE IS OUR STATEMENT RE: "X".  Raise your hand if you agree and we'll call on you.   No matter whether it is opinion, or just blatant lies. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

That's my point.  HERE IS OUR STATEMENT RE: "X".  Raise your hand if you agree and we'll call on you.   No matter whether it is opinion, or just blatant lies. 

Mika was very strident today & tried to bulldoze the guests into agreeing with her.

I am a bit surprised by the poll results. Biden has the support of 53% of Black voters vs 7% for Harris.

I doubt that will stay the same.

• Love 2