Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Joe said he was tough on illegal immigrants.

Joe said if people come here legally seeking refugee status, then the USA has a duty to take care of people.

It would be nice if Joe was more specific about what steps he would take to deal with the surge of refugee claimants.

At one point there were 8 guests on the show at once. That is too many.

It's weird that the show refuses to bring on any guests that have knowledge about what is happening in Central America that is causing people to flee those countries.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Mika was worried about teenagers that vape.

Mika said she spoke to teenagers that vape. They like flavored vape juice.

Mika is mad at Juul for making flavors that appeal to teenagers.

I suspect that Mika caught her kids vaping.

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Mika was worried about teenagers that vape.

Mika said she spoke to teenagers that vape. They like flavored vape juice.

Mika is mad at Juul for making flavors that appeal to teenagers.

I suspect that Mika caught her kids vaping.

I wonder if this will be a new crusade.  KYV has women covered; now she is going for the teens.  Anything to keep herself out front.  And these are "safe" causes...she doesn't have to get her hands too dirty.  Sorry...my Meeka dislike is showing.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
42 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I wonder if this will be a new crusade.  KYV has women covered; now she is going for the teens.  Anything to keep herself out front.  And these are "safe" causes...she doesn't have to get her hands too dirty.  Sorry...my Meeka dislike is showing.

Mika could hire her two daughters to help her write a book on dealing with teenagers.

I could see a chapter on the evils of letting kids order pizza

Edited by oakville
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, oakville said:

It's weird that the show refuses to bring on any guests that have knowledge about what is happening in Central America that is causing people to flee those countries.

Joe knows what's going on! What's wrong with you??   😅

I changed the channel to TBS and watched Everybody Loves Raymond. Much better mood this morning. 

• Love 7
58 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Joe knows what's going on! What's wrong with you??   😅

I changed the channel to TBS and watched Everybody Loves Raymond. Much better mood this morning. 

Touche!

Morning Joe used to bring experts on these issues on the show before 2015.

It was even more bizarre that they had no guests from the Hispanic community to discuss the issues today.

I want to know if there are still children that can't find their parents or relatives etc.

I wonder if Joe is auditioning to be the next Televangelist?

He was quoting so many bible verses today that  had trouble keeping up with him.

Why wouldn't Morning Joe get a guest from an evangelical church to explain their position?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Why wouldn't Morning Joe get a guest from an evangelical church to explain their position?

That is not necessary as Joe speaks to God directly and he will tell you what you need to know when he feels it's appropriate. As if! 

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 6

I rarely watch this nowadays, I wait for @oakville's posts, but I watched a bit today and saw Eddie Glaude trying to ask someone a question.  He made strange faces, I think he was trying to emphasize his point, but it reminded me that I've begun to find him annoying.  I can't put my finger on why.   

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

Good grief what is that raggedy outfit Meeks is wearing for the Biden interview?  Did her luggage get lost on the way there and that's all she had?  I see her make up kit made it.

It looked to me like she had on kind-of ripped jeans and sneakers!  But the tank top was tight enough to ensure "the girls" were out and proud.  The blazer was the nod to being professional.  

Is MJ the only show that is going to air The Interview?  Will it make the nightly news or any of the other news outlets?  I have been flipping in and out of today's show and it seems every time I land, a portion of the interview is being shown.  I wonder if Meeka is trying to be the next Diane Sawyer?  

• LOL 2

Tuesday Recap. Mika is in Iowa. Joe is in charge from the bunker. The show started with a 5 minute clip of Trump complaining about everything from mosquitos to the Squad.

Joe said Trump's slogan came from the Vietnam War era.

Trump refuses to apologize to the Squad.

Joe wanted all the GOP to denounce Trump.

Katty Kay was excited that Theresa May & Boris Johnson commented on Trump's tweet.

Joe's hair is a marvel today. It's slightly reddish today.

Joe mocked Trump because Elaine Cho is in his cabinet.

Eugene Robinson is also upset at Trump's tweet.

Joe called it a David Duke tweet.

Joe was upset that some people criticized him on twitter. How dare they!

• Love 3

Was that interview as bad as it looked, I didn't have the volume up enough that I could hear it clearly, but the way she was batting her eyes & giggling at Biden, coupled with her terrible choice of wardrobe, I'm glad I changed the channel. 

Three more people on the panel and they could have played Hollywood Squares. 

I'm sure "The Squad" appreciates all the advice from the old men. How about you all go back to figuring out if the Red Sox can win the pennant and give each other tips on how to apply "Just for Men", the women can stand up for themselves just fine. 

It looks like Joe is getting really gray and his hairline is receding.  9 months married to a Drama Queen will do that to you. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Katty Kay was disapointed that Biden used the push ups against Trump line.

Katty wants Biden to be prepared for all the debates with the Democrats.

Mika is not a tough interviewer against Biden.

Biden said the Squad is not the majority of Democrats.

Joe discussed his crazy antics when he was in Congress in 1995. He drove Speaker Newt crazy.

Joe was the leader of his SQUAD!. Joe used to leak information to the Washington Post.

Joe had a black jacket with the label SQUAD Leader on the back.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
7 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe was the leader of his SQUAD!. Joe used to leak information to the Washington Post.

Sure you did Joe.   You were at NASA in 1969 for the Moon Landing, and you crossed the Potomac with Washington, helped write the Gettysburg Address, I believe that's you third from the left with Jesus in the painting of the Last Supper. 

Only weak people with nothing to show for their life have to constantly make up shit to seem relevant. 

You can't join The Squad, the clubhouse door is closed, no old white men allowed. Didn't you read the sign??!   

If you're so enamored with them all of a sudden, you might want to ask Mika to stop the Twitter battles with AOC. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

Joe said that Trumpism won't survive without Trump.

Joe said that Nikki Haley could be the next GOP nominee. She will send the Trumpers packing!

Joe said he warned all the people that defended George W Bush over Katrina would wither away after Bush left office.

Joe reminded viewers that he was independent when he was in Congress & called out wrongdoing by Bush.

Lindsey Graham will not be invited on Morning Joe anytime soon.

The consensus today that Trump is doomed because anti Trump voters will come out and vote for the Democrats.

Joe said he was RIGHT about Trump winning in 2016.

Joe said people will vote in the rain against Trump.

The new slogan of Morning Joe should be I WAS RIGHT!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Joe said that Pelosi won in 2018 because of Trump's mistakes in 2016 & 2017.

Michael Steele warned Joe that not everyone is as mad at Trump as he is.

Yikes!

Barnicle said there are women voters in the midwest who are upset at Trump.  They want the story of America.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, oakville said:

The new slogan of Morning Joe should be I WAS RIGHT!

Joe has a book to sell. Facts don't matter when you have to justify that advance to the publisher.   

• Love 4
(edited)
21 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe will be tough on dealing with cancer.

He should stick to stuff like that, issues that affect people and knock off the push up contest/I'll beat him up comments. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Kemper said:

It looked to me like she had on kind-of ripped jeans and sneakers!  But the tank top was tight enough to ensure "the girls" were out and proud.  The blazer was the nod to being professional.  

This outfit was so inappropriate, it made the whole Biden interview seem like it was a last minute idea. So glad others on the board found it an awful way to dress for an on air interview. 

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, PennyPie18 said:

This outfit was so inappropriate, it made the whole Biden interview seem like it was a last minute idea. So glad others on the board found it an awful way to dress for an on air interview. 

Mika thinks she's a reporter for MTV or Vice News and wants to get the youngs to pay attention to her. She needs a new audience for her shaminar.  

They like podcasts, Mika, you wouldn't even have to get dressed for those!! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Three more people on the panel and they could have played Hollywood Squares. 

My money's on Paul Lynde for the win.

Mika is not a tough interviewer against Biden.

I was not impressed by either the interviewer or interviewee, sadly.

Joe said people will vote in the rain against Trump.

MODS--We recently got a Happy, Sad and Useful info response button here.  We need a Women Voting in the Rain button!

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

I think Mika is very close personally to the Biden family. She mentioned the family friend that Biden comforted.

Mika has invited Dr Jill Biden to attend her seminars. She may even let Jill speak at the seminar.

The interview was not professional. She was poorly dressed. It looked like she was dressed for the Florida Bunker.

Mika & Joe have a bad habit of getting too close to the political candidates that they cover.

I recall one of the many friendly interviews Mika did with Trump. She put her hands through his hair to see if it was real.

It backfires on them

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

It backfires on them

Joe & Mika think it's the 60s and they're Ben & Tony Bradlee hanging out with JFK & Jackie.  

That was then, it's not acceptable now to be chummy with politicians and then claim to be journalists (HA) &  discuss them on your show.  

Joe complains about Maggie Haberman using her mother's relationship with Trump, wtf does he thinks he's done?  

It's fine if they want to be friends with politicians. Resign your show and go be friends with them. You can't do both. 

Hey Joe - this ends badly.  You are a laughing stock and an embarrassment to people who actually work hard to cover politics fairly. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Mika thinks she's a reporter for MTV or Vice News and wants to get the youngs to pay attention to her. She needs a new audience for her shaminar.  

That's such a good point. Perhaps the KYV crowd have  finally  figured out what a moneymaker they were supporting?

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

Joe & Mika think it's the 60s and they're Ben & Tony Bradlee hanging out with JFK & Jackie.  

That was then, it's not acceptable now to be chummy with politicians and then claim to be journalists (HA) &  discuss them on your show.  

Joe complains about Maggie Haberman using her mother's relationship with Trump, wtf does he thinks he's done?  

It's fine if they want to be friends with politicians. Resign your show and go be friends with them. You can't do both. 

Hey Joe - this ends badly.  You are a laughing stock and an embarrassment to people who actually work hard to cover politics fairly. 

Joe also got to close to Chris Christie, Mark Sanford, Bob McDonnell etc.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
45 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe also got to close to Chris Christie, Mark Sanford, Bob McDonnell etc.

And Paul Ryan and Eric Cantor! Remember when Mika went running with them?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Hoo boy that tape!  It's already on other networks and good eyes on Meeks as that is Ghislaine Maxwell in the background at the end.  Somebody at NBC should get a big bonus for digging that out.

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, Jordan Baker said:

Is "day trader" Joe's new catchphrase for Trump? I watched a few minutes this morning, and it seems as though Joe said it at least three times.

He has used it for a few months.

• Love 1

Mika & Joe are wearing mtching blazers today.

Joe was mad that only 4 Republicans voted to censure Trump's tweets.

Joe said he was a true Conservative.

Joe was mad that the GOP didn't follow Joe's recommendations.

• Love 2

Mika was excited that someone found footage of Trump partying with Jeff Epstein in 1992.

I am sure it would be easy to find footage of Mika & Joe partying with Matt Lauer & Mark Halperin during the time period when while they were sexually assaulting co workers.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Mika & Joe were upset that KAC asked a reporter that what his ethnicity was.

Joe compared this to Nazi Germany

Mika freaked out over KAC saying the SQUAD represents the dark underbelly.

• LOL 1
(edited)

Kasie discussed Pelosi losing her speaking rights yesterday. She wasn't suppose to call Trump a racist.

Joe told Kasie that he never broke the speaking rights rule. Joe usually received standing ovations when he spoke in Congress.

Edited by oakville
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3

Ratner said he expects the number of candidates to go down before Iowa.

Kasie said that Beto is not doing well in fundraising.

Kasie was excited that Jennifer Omalley was working for her.

Kasie said that Warren is doing well raising money from small donors.

• Love 1