Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

51 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Yasmin can show anger over a situation without being so hysterical about it.  And it comes across as genuine.

Yasmin has that serious demeanor that can show rage with just one look. I'm seeing more of her, and wondering if there's a change coming? Yea, that Mark Meadows is really something. I saw the weeping for the first time on the show today. Poor Cummings, his "friend" betrayed him with that lukewarm response. "With friends like that".....well you all know the rest.

• Love 5

Mika is at it again with Adrienne. She wants the Democrats to pick Biden or else they will be stuck with a candidate who will take away private health insurance.

Why can't Adrienne discuss other candidates. ? Let her speak Mika.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, PennyPie18 said:

I'm seeing more of her, and wondering if there's a change coming?

Yasmin was on 4 shows yesterday.  She hosted 3 and was a guest on Morning Joe.
Unless everyone is on vacation, I think that means something along the lines of a shakeup coming along.
Perhaps our hysterical hostess in her t shirt and robe is not long for this gig?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Unless everyone is on vacation, I think that means something along the lines of a shakeup coming along.
Perhaps our hysterical hostess in her t shirt and robe is not long for this gig?

I’d be shocked if there wasn’t some contingency plan in place to handle the inevitable fall out from Joe’s book.

• Love 1

Mika responded to Trump's tweet without showing the tweet. !. That's clever because he wrote that they helped get him elected:)

Mika told Trump to do other things that watch Morning Joe.

Mika is defending Cummings. Trump called him the King of Baltimore.

Mika said she isn't afraid of Trump.

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

I know!!  She is brilliant. She never raises her voice, just the tone is like "This is bullshit". Yet she's funny too.   Interesting I have not seen any make up videos, or photos of her sitting on tables.    

Mika can barely get thru 2.5 hours without having an Emotional Support Cake. 

9 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika told Trump to do other things that watch Morning Joe.

When is she going to tell the rest of us? 

" Stop wasting your time! Do something other than watch this shit show!! "

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Mika is at it again with Adrienne. She wants the Democrats to pick Biden or else they will be stuck with a candidate who will take away private health insurance.

Why can't Adrienne discuss other candidates. ? Let her speak Mika.

Why are Mika and Joe so worried about health insurance. They're millionaires.  And I have news for them. No matter if or which Dem wins, private insurance isn't going away, at least not for a long time.  At the most it will be a medicare based coverage with private supplemental, or vice versa. 

Stop the fear mongering you assholes!! Fuck off. 

2 hours ago, oakville said:

Holy shit.  Joe's enemies will have a field day with this. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

At the most it will be a medicare based coverage with private supplemental, or vice versa.

That's also what I think. Too many Americans are happy with their private coverage, especially one that is part of their employee benefits, or retirement package. Well, that tweet was something we all knew (they helped him get elected, he was always on their show). It will be interesting how JoeMika will respond...if they do.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Landsnark said:

Best line of the week!  

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I wonder if she just puts on a shirt and robe over her nightgown. I pull on cargo pants and a shirt over mine to go fill up bird feeder or give the rabbits their corn. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Landsnark said:

Mika's scripted rant against Mark Meadows was just terrible.  She is so shrill and fake and clumsy.  When she puts energy into the pretend, it's cringeworthy.  Ugh.
Also, she made fun of him for crying.  So... I guess know yer value, Meadows.  Real men don't cry or something.

This is what woke me up this morning.  I had one eye open at the end of her rant but she got tangled up in the prompter and totally blew the landing (the word pathetic was used about eight times in 30 seconds).

The always gracious Eugene Robinson tried to bail her out but now it is clear the first part of her rant was as bad as the last.

So the Mr. was off eh?  Perhaps celebrating a bit too hard his Twitter mentions for Moscow Mitch?

• Love 3
(edited)

Okay, so just so I understand today's theme: The show that, for the past two years, has been screaming at Democrats that

"You can't just say you're against Trump! You have to say what you're FOR!"

is now screaming at Democrats that

"You're spending too much time talking about policy! You should be pivoting the conversation back to why you're against Trump!"

Did I get that right?

Edited by Eliot
not enough coffee yet
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
22 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

So the Mr. was off eh?  Perhaps celebrating a bit too hard his Twitter mentions for Moscow Mitch?

Read an article in the New York Times yesterday about how Moscow Mitch hates his nickname, and somehow, dunno how, golly, they forgot to attribute the title to Joe.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, meowmommy said:

Read an article in the New York Times yesterday about how Moscow Mitch hates his nickname, and somehow, dunno how, golly, they forgot to attribute the title to Joe.

Hee I'm sure the Scarborough's will correct that oversight today . . . 😄

I see Joe is back and as feisty as ever.  I didn't watch either night of the debates but it seems there was a lot of scolding at Biden based on the clips they are showing.  Sigh, the Democrats just can't keep themselves from stepping on the proverbial rake.  And I am praying to the Gods of Debates that this will be the last we see of DeBlasio on the debate stage.  Geez that guy.

• Love 5

I actually agreed with Joe about last night's debate. He articulated the reasons I quite watching after the first commercial.  I am about done with most of the candidates.  Just because someone is good at debating and throwing out zingers doesn't mean that person will be good at policy. Times were different a decade ago when the ACA was planned and subsequently signed into law (2010).  It is crazy for candidates to pick it apart now.  I disliked the bickering. They need to focus on the present.  A few whom I liked at the start have fallen to the bottom of my list.  Joe (surprisingly to me) summarized my feelings about the debate.

• Love 6

I was not happy, either, after the attacks on Biden......and Obama!! Rev Al had a very good observation this morning: The candidates showed desperation on the Obama attacks, and how many Republican commercials were they were setting themselves up for?  I thought Biden held up pretty well even though the attacks came from all sides, and were pretty harsh. Bernie was much calmer when Joe interviewed him this morning compared to his debated performance.

• Love 4

I liked Joe's ranting today about the candidates at the debate.  I thought he was spot on.  

1 hour ago, madfortv said:

Just because someone is good at debating and throwing out zingers doesn't mean that person will be good at policy.

Exactly.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

I'm at work so can only listen, no TV screen.  Did RATNER just say he was a DEMOCRAT? Is that what I heard or was that someone else??

Oh yes, he identifies as a Democrat unless of course you start to talk about taking away certain tax cut and advantages and then I would say he veers away from their principles.

I think if these debates help with anything it shows who wants to help this country and who wants to be President.  Period.  There's some good people up there.  I hope they are still there for the September dates.

• Useful 1
46 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

OMG!  This channel just got dropped from my tv lineup.  I would get up at 5:30 am, get ready for work and then have breakfast with this show.  What am I going to do? [walks away sniffling]

Complain to your cable/satellite provider?

OMG!  This channel just got dropped from my tv lineup.  I would get up at 5:30 am, get ready for work and then have breakfast with this show.  What am I going to do? [walks away sniffling]

Jumper sage will tell you what to do in Small Talk thread

• Love 1

OMG, the show is giving me a headache today. Joe is screaming, Mika is clucking, Donnie is snarking, Barnicle is grumbling....sigh....

It wasn’t a great debate. Bad format, bad mods, bad framing...but it was ONE debate. We have a long way to go and a lot of candidates to cull. Breathe, Joe. Breathe.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Holy SHIT
Mika just pronounced "cryonics" as "SIGH ronics."  Her fucking job is to write and read the news.  She doesn't do the first and is incapable of doing the other.
She just said, "oh my gaaawd.  Just ew."

Objectively, she is the worst on television at this job, right? 

• Love 6

It's always grating to have to listen to Mika stumble and fumble her way through her teleprompter readings, but never moreso than when there's a national tragedy unfolding.

I can't even count the number of mispronunciations and verbal kerfuffles, but the one that jumped out to me was when she was reading some opinion piece out loud and talked about Trump "stocking" the flames, versus "stoking."

Also, Joe continually mispronounces Iowa Senator Joni Ernst's first name as "Jodi." How can he expect people to vote her out if he can't even get her name right?

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 8
10 minutes ago, Eliot said:

It's always grating to have to listen to Mika stumble and fumble her way through her teleprompter readings, but never moreso than when there's a national tragedy unfolding.

I noticed one, she was reading from Frank Figliuzzi's (sp) editorial. 

I said to myself, be nice if you read over that before the show started, as it was published yesterday.  And since you should have been prepping for this show last night, seeing as how it was a huge national story that got 24/7 coverage since late Saturday afternoon, and you knew you'd have a lot more to cover than the normal Trump rants and eye rolling. 

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Tom Brokaw can shove his "both sides/what aboutisms" up his butt.  

Why is he even on?  He can barely speak.   

There are a lot of people who come on this show who seem to have a sentimental attachment to guns. Brokaw was rhapsodizing about living in Montana with all his weapons, and Joe has often babbled about the "family shotgun" being handed down from generation to generation.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Eliot said:

There are a lot of people who come on this show who seem to have a sentimental attachment to guns. Brokaw was rhapsodizing about living in Montana with all his weapons, and Joe has often babbled about the "family shotgun" being handed down from generation to generation.

My father hunted with his father and I believe had one of his shotguns when he died.  It meant a lot to him just because of the memories. I can understand that completely. It was something of a keepsake. 

But he never talked about guns like they were his God given right, or 2nd Amendment "right", in fact he stopped hunting after a while, told me he felt regret about all the ducks and geese he shot.

I don't understand why Brokaw, Joe etc equate hunting which I'm not a fan but to each his own, to what happened this weekend. 

Anyone who thinks someone would come to my father's home and take a 70 year old shot gun  that hadn't been used for 30 years, as part of the gun law legislation is talking out of his ass. 

• Love 4

I don’t watch the show much anymore but did watch today to see if there was any updates on the massacres. Mika is a disaster. I don’t understand why she thinks commenting as other people speak is appropriate or acceptable. She twice said something while Beto was speaking and he stopped then started again. Awkward.

Morning Joe is not a news show. It’s Regis and Kathie Lee reborn, with Mika doing the mugging for the cameras. Maddeningly, she’s doing it during discussions of national tragedies. (No insult meant to Regis or Kathie Lee.)

• Love 7

I lasted maybe a half hour this morning as I like many people are just not in the mood but I wanted to punch Mika in the throat with her "comments" (if she called someone stupid one more time I swear my head was going to explode.  Plus they probably don't wear cool frayed hem jeans or inhale an entire sheet cake at one time).  I enjoyed Joe's opening and I really appreciated him highlighting those that are contributing to campaigns that their money can and will be traced back to them with perhaps not pleasant results.  Nothing like threatening a rich person with their own money.

I am SO glad I missed Brokaw.  Geez what does this guy have on Lack or Griffin that they keep turning him loose on the air?  Please know I am of a certain age so I am sensitive to watching those that did great work and had such great careers do this to themselves.  It's tough and infuriating to watch.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, HC87 said:

Brokaw in deep doo doo on Twitter now for what he said on MJ this morning 

And the "assimilation" comment on MTP.  NBC News apologizing all over the place for these comments.  

Morning Joe needs to update their rolodex and get some new panelists other than old white guys. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

I lasted maybe a half hour this morning as I like many people are just not in the mood but I wanted to punch Mika in the throat with her "comments" (if she called someone stupid one more time I swear my head was going to explode.  Plus they probably don't wear cool frayed hem jeans or inhale an entire sheet cake at one time).  I enjoyed Joe's opening and I really appreciated him highlighting those that are contributing to campaigns that their money can and will be traced back to them with perhaps not pleasant results.  Nothing like threatening a rich person with their own money.

I am SO glad I missed Brokaw.  Geez what does this guy have on Lack or Griffin that they keep turning him loose on the air?  Please know I am of a certain age so I am sensitive to watching those that did great work and had such great careers do this to themselves.  It's tough and infuriating to watch.

But when Brokaw was considered good, he was reading a script on Nightly News. Then he did his Greatest Generation thing, and who's going to criticize that? 

Now that he just shows up and runs his mouth, his true feelings about certain topics are being showcased. 

I didn't even know what he would have added to the conversation in the first place. He's retired, gun violence was never his focus, so why call him? It's not like they didn't have enough people on set. 

And he had already stuck his foot in his mouth on Sunday on Meet The Press.  

Mika should just stay in bed and eat sheet cakes and fray her jeans. Her value is nil. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I noticed one, she was reading from Frank Figliuzzi's (sp) editorial. 

I said to myself, be nice if you read over that before the show started, as it was published yesterday.

It actually came out on July 31, and has been cited by others as eerily prescient, but what are the odds that Mika reads anything more strenuous than beauty tips and the funnies?

• Love 3
5 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Tom Brokaw can shove his "both sides/what aboutisms" up his butt.    

I agree TEDDYSMOM.  When Brokaw stated that unfortunately we're hearing it from the other side now, I wanted specifics.  It was annoying that no one followed up on that statement. 

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, madfortv said:

When Brokaw stated that unfortunately we're hearing it from the other side now, I wanted specifics.  It was annoying that no one followed up on that statement. 

That's standard network BS now. 

No one on Morning Joe follows up unless it's Joe and you disagreed with him. Or if Heileman is feeling feisty and starts punking Joe. 

They wouldn't DARE criticize Tom Brokaw, they all think the sun rises and sets on him.  Except now NBC is scrambling to fix his blunders of the last 36 hours. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

What was Brokaw's whataboutism?  There is another side to the shooting?
Is this easily retrievable online?

He said both sides use terrible language.   I did a quick Twitter search lots of comments about it, but couldn't find the video. 

Reminder:  Discussion is limited to what was seen and heard on Morning Joe only. Please do not introduce supplemental reading material to the conversation that goes outside the boundaries of the show.

Catching up with the show after a day off. Tom Brokaw said that assault weapons are popular in the small Montana own he lives in. The local store sells many guns . Brokaw owns a few shotguns. Brokaw said people are stirring things up on social media. He is worried about a new domestic 9/11. Brokaw said the anti gun supporters are responding in kind to Trump. He wants an elevated debate over guns.

Tuesday mini recap. The show started with clips of Trump giving speeches over every mass shooting .

Mika & Joe in the Florida bunker. Mika repeated Moscow Mitch a few times. Joe wants gun safety laws passed.

Joe wants expanded background checks.

Mika didn't not like Trump's scripted speech. Mika called Trump a racist.

Joe is upset that Mitch has the name of a political opponent on a tombstone.

It's very sad. Mika is upset that Trump is traveling to El Paso.

• Love 2

Joe admitted that he was wrong about bump stocks not being banned. They were banned by Trump.

Joe made fun of Trump not knowing the difference between Toledo & dayton.

Mika stumbled over the word Trump and called him Tramp. Mika needs a new teleprompter.

Mika had trouble with the word language.

Would the script be smaller on the Bunker Teleprompter ? Is it harder to read ? Why is she unable to get through one paragraph without stumbling?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3