Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Wednesday Recap. Joe is mad at Trump for wanting to let Russia back in the G8.

Joe is mad at Republicans still support Trump.

Joe is mad at Trump for wanting to get out of Afghanistan.

Joe is mad at Trump for cancelling the meeting with Denmark.

• Love 3

Joe & Mika and MSNBC better figure out what they're going to do with this show if/when Trump isn't re elected.  Because they have put all their eggs in one basket and it's going to be really hard to get people to tune in to a "We Hate Trump" marathon when the guy they hate isn't in the WH any more. 

Still no mountain climbing photos on Instagram. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Joe and Meeks are obviously not in the NY studio with the rest of the crew (too good for them or something?) - however, wherever they are, they are not seated together.   Are they really in different locations (why?)

Same reason why the President and VP won't fly together on the same plane.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Maybe it's a political statement.   "I used to be on the right, but now I'm leaning left".  

I'm staring at it again right now.  It's an involuntary response.   

A question for you fellow snarkers, something I've not quite figured out:   Joe and Meeks are obviously not in the NY studio with the rest of the crew (too good for them or something?) - however, wherever they are, they are not seated together.   Are they really in different locations (why?) or is it just made to look as if they are (again, why?)    

Another bullseye with Joe's political hair statement my friend . . . hee!

I think the deal is, the show "originates" from their NYC studio but some broadcast from their DC studios if they are based in Washington.  And we know the Scarborough's phone it in from their palatial estate in Florida.

I didn't watch much more than 5 minutes today but it looked like the A/V club was at it again.  Lots of people talking over each other without maybe realizing it until the delay caught up?  It's cute how Joe keeps trying to include the Mrs. as they hand off to the next break/segment otherwise known as her one job.

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

I was watching at work when Trump started to say something in the order of "all Democrats hate Jews," then a co worker had the nerve to come in and ask a work question.  What was the whole story with that line of thinking??

He's still trying to make it seem like Reps Tlaib, Omar, Ocasio-Cortez and Pressley hate Jews becauuse Tlaib and Omar were going to meet with a Palestinian group who are organizing a boycott of Israeli businesses etc to bring attention to the conditions of Palestine under Netanyahu.   He is telling everyone they hate Jews (which is a lie) and if you vote for a Democrat, you hate Jews too. 

Just now, oakville said:

Joe admitted he makes mistakes on air.

Like having an affair with his cohost? Screaming at guests, and his cohost? Lying? Self aggrandizement? 

Yeah I'd say he makes some real whoppers on a daily basis. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Gosh, I wish I could remember the little I saw this morning.  Someone (a woman) was making a good point about something.  We were in a rush to get out the door; Mr. Kemper clicked off the tv before I could really register discussion content.  Anyway, said Smart Mystery Woman was making a good point - maybe about Trump blaming Obama for Russia being kicked out of the G8.  When Smart Mystery Woman was finished talking, there was silence.  Then Meeka finally said "huh"  "hmmm" or some such. 

Really, network....do something about this.  The elementary school AV club that I supervised (maybe 30 years ago) was better and more professional than this mess.  But I must admit to getting a little rush when The Twins are unprofessional and we all pick up on it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Kemper said:

Then Meeka finally said "huh"  "hmmm" or some such. 

This is my longest standing gripe with the show.  She is completely unprepared to engage.  She doesn't have the merest handle on topics to offer a rejoinder or amplify a point, or even gab.  She says, "uh.  thanks.  We'll be right back." and they go to break. This happens on no other show.  Watch as many gab shows as you can - political or not - to see a host just. not. care.   Even the daytime professional anchors who are not wonks try to engage.  Mika offers nothing.  It's amazing, really.
"Hey Joey, watch tomorrow morning.  I will do ZERO prep  - again, and engage nobody and randomly rant on something.  It'll be weird, you'll love it.  I get away with everything here.  Knowing my fucking value, babe.  Give us a kiss."

• Love 9
32 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

This is my longest standing gripe with the show.  She is completely unprepared to engage.  She doesn't have the merest handle on topics to offer a rejoinder or amplify a point, or even gab.  She says, "uh.  thanks.  We'll be right back." and they go to break. This happens on no other show.  Watch as many gab shows as you can - political or not - to see a host just. not. care.   Even the daytime professional anchors who are not wonks try to engage.  Mika offers nothing.  It's amazing, really.
"Hey Joey, watch tomorrow morning.  I will do ZERO prep  - again, and engage nobody and randomly rant on something.  It'll be weird, you'll love it.  I get away with everything here.  Knowing my fucking value, babe.  Give us a kiss."

Joe doesn't do much prep work either. He repeats talking points from months ago. He's lucky that Trump gives him so many easy issues to discuss.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Landsnark said:

She demonstrated that this morning when she was interviewing the filmmaker about the move the Obamas got involved in. It was utterly embarrassing. It was clear she'd done no prep whatsoever, so when she asked the filmmaker "How did the Obamas come to get involved with the making of this film," the woman had to explain to her that the film had already been made and they just basically picked it up for distribution and promotion.

Mika's response: "Huh." And she looked really pissed off before the camera cut away.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Landsnark said:

This is my longest standing gripe with the show.  She is completely unprepared to engage.  She doesn't have the merest handle on topics to offer a rejoinder or amplify a point, or even gab.  She says, "uh.  thanks.  We'll be right back." 

She likes to say “ Name of Guest, thank you VERY much. We’ll be right back”

heavy emphasis on the very is her value add to the show

• Love 8

6:01, Buzz Kill Mica slaps down Willie's opening gambit (an Eddie Murphy reference) by saying "Two movies I've never seen and never will." 

The cheekbones are contoured to the hilt and she's delivering a script with vigor and vehemence. 

Click. 

• Love 4

Joe gives a long diatribe about Trump's comments on China, as Mika stares blankly at the camera, looking like she wants to go back to bed. 

Mika tells Joe  "It is all very distracting," and tosses to a commercial.  Is Mika talking about herself or the president?  She can barely engage for two minutes.  Why is she still on this show? She is a shadow of herself since getting with Joe.  She used to read the news and engage with the panel.  Now she just coasts on being Mrs. Scarborough.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, suomi said:

6:01, Buzz Kill Mica slaps down Willie's opening gambit (an Eddie Murphy reference) by saying "Two movies I've never seen and never will." 

The cheekbones are contoured to the hilt and she's delivering a script with vigor and vehemence. 

Click. 

Willie didn't like Mika's comment.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, suomi said:

Click. 

Oh great, I'm going to have to wait for one of the breaks to see the contour job . . . 

eta:  Ah I see it's a two-tone job.  The basic angry streak under the cheekbone and then that glaring shiny highlighter on top.  Clearly her make up friend is not in FL this week.

Edited by Chloesmom
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, nittanycougar said:

Why is she still on this show? She is a shadow of herself since getting with Joe.  She used to read the news and engage with the panel.  Now she just coasts on being Mrs. Scarborough.

Exactly.   Since getting hitched, she now has access to Joe's $7,000,000 paycheck - or whatever he gets paid - plus her own $7,000,000.   She never has to lift a finger to make any effort because as long as TPTB want Joey around, her job security is golden

.   My guess is that everyone on the panel loathes her as much as we do, especially the women.   They're all intelligent, well spoken, and have too much self-respect to have ever ridden Squinty's magic broomstick to get ahead.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Ladyrain said:

They're all intelligent, well spoken, and have too much self-respect to have ever ridden Squinty's magic broomstick to get ahead.

NO.   NO NO NO NO.  NO.

Magic broomstick . . . hee!  🤣

• LOL 3

I’m going to hypothesize that the problems with both Mika and Joe stem from being stuck in the Florida bunker 90% of the time. When the show originated from NY, I’m sure staff was prepping them in a way that you can’t over the phone. So now they wing it, with Joe repeating his anti-Trump rants and Mika totally lost.

Why TPTB allow them to broadcast from FL is beyond me, when every other media figure can survive on their salaries in the NY or Washington areas.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, oakville said:

I heard that, someone also said something about this is as popular as the first Star Wars sequels and Mika said "I wouldn't allow it." Fuck off.  She's about as much fun as hemorroids. 

All she had to do to prep for the American Factory movie was watch the fucking trailer/intro on line at Netflix.  It has the film makers sitting down with the Obamas.  It's less than 5 minutes long. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Squinty's magic broomstick 

No. Just no.

15 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe doesn't do much prep work either. He repeats talking points from months ago

I was thinking this myself this AM. Also, WTF are they going to do if Trump loses re-election? WTF are they going to fill 3 hours with?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

I heard that, someone also said something about this is as popular as the first Star Wars sequels and Mika said "I wouldn't allow it." Fuck off.  She's about as much fun as hemorroids. 

That's Meeka to a T....fake goody-two shoes and authentic sourpuss. 

Edited by Kemper
Forgot to add fake intellectual.
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

What I don't understand is how Joe & Mika can insist the show be done at the Florida bunker  while everyone else is in New York or Washington, DC.  Is Morning Joe so highly rated that they can basically dictate terms like that?  Is it too much to ask that they come to New York 5 days a week and then go back to Florida on the weekends?  It's not like they can't afford a NY apartment.  Look at Rachel Maddow.  She works and lives in New York during the week and then goes home to Maine or Massachusetts (or wherever) on the weekends and her show is #1 in prime time.  And from what I hear Rachel saying, she usually drives home.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Damaris56 said:

What I don't understand is how Joe & Mika can insist the show be done at the Florida bunker  while everyone else is in New York or Washington, DC.  Is Morning Joe so highly rated that they can basically dictate terms like that?  Is it too much to ask that they come to New York 5 days a week and then go back to Florida on the weekends?  It's not like they can't afford a NY apartment.  Look at Rachel Maddow.  She works and lives in New York during the week and then goes home to Maine or Massachusetts (or wherever) on the weekends and her show is #1 in prime time.  And from what I hear Rachel saying, she usually drives home.

No state income tax in Florida. Probably not a lot of difference between NY and Mass. rates for Rachel.

Maybe their divorce settlements make the NY area unaffordable for Joe and Mika.

51 minutes ago, Rickster said:

No state income tax in Florida. Probably not a lot of difference between NY and Mass. rates for Rachel.

Maybe their divorce settlements make the NY area unaffordable for Joe and Mika.

Mika & Joe' moms moved to Florida last year. It was more convenient for Mika & Joe to look after them from Florida.  Joe's mom passed away earlier this year.

Joe's power at MSNBC is well known.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe's power at MSNBC is well known.

That's so depressing a thought to consider at 6:08 a.m.    Is it just that he's such a bullying loudmouth  that TPTB cave in to him just to avoid a fight?

This morning his hair is in panic flight mode.  All that pulling and tugging on his scalp to flee must be painful.   Good.   And if it gets any higher, they'll have to pull back the shot to get it all in the frame.  

Meek-a's neon blonde color does not exist in nature.   Her old honey-blonde was so much more flattering.   But Joey must like the Marilyn Monroe look.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Mika & Joe agreed to appear today. Mika prepared a little mini rant about Trump being airline pilot.  Joe said Trump would be fired in any other job.

Willie said that Democrats have to find a candidate to beat Trump in the election.

Joe wants the GOP to support impeachment of Trump.

• Love 2

Are these 2 idiots paid $14 million collectively to sit in their basement and read newspaper and magazine articles? Because it seems that's all they do.  At 6 am Mika was sneering thru that Atlantic article about Trump being a pilot and no airline would allow anyone with these issues to probably board a plane let alone fly one.

Then at 7 am she's still at it. 

They read Eugene's op eds, or Ignatius's op eds, or whoever they can grab to sit thru this shit show.  No prep, work from home, take off 8 days to get your face adjusted and lie about it. 

On top of that it seems like Yasmin, Kasie, anyone who Mika thinks she helped to get a job,  have been instructed to retweet whatever Cake Mom tweets. So not only do they fuck around and get paid millions, others have to fall in line and act like everything's just fucking great at 30 Rock. 

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

At 6 am Mika was sneering thru that Atlantic article about Trump being a pilot and no airline would allow anyone with these issues to probably board a plane let alone fly one.

This is the only bit of the show that I saw this morning. I was busy doing other things, and so I might have heard wrong, but I thought Mika referred to the author of the piece (James Fallows) as James Gallows.

16 minutes ago, Jordan Baker said:

author of the piece (James Fallows) as James Gallows.

I'm sure she did. She was so busy being all snotty about it she didn't bother to actually read the copy first.

If she has a teleprompter type thing in the basement, maybe they need to enlarge the font for her.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Are these 2 idiots paid $14 million collectively to sit in their basement and read newspaper and magazine articles? Because it seems that's all they do.  At 6 am Mika was sneering thru that Atlantic article about Trump being a pilot and no airline would allow anyone with these issues to probably board a plane let alone fly one.

Then at 7 am she's still at it. 

They read Eugene's op eds, or Ignatius's op eds, or whoever they can grab to sit thru this shit show.  No prep, work from home, take off 8 days to get your face adjusted and lie about it. 

On top of that it seems like Yasmin, Kasie, anyone who Mika thinks she helped to get a job,  have been instructed to retweet whatever Cake Mom tweets. So not only do they fuck around and get paid millions, others have to fall in line and act like everything's just fucking great at 30 Rock. 

It's tiring to watch the show. It used to be very informative. The ratings have been dropping among the key demographics. However, the network just gave them a contract extension , so I doubt they would be replaced.

Joe was happy that all the polls showed that Trump is doomed.

Joe  tried to get Mika involved in the discussion. Someone at the network must have given her negative feedback.

Mika thinks Trump will go to jail if he loses the election.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, oakville said:

It's tiring to watch the show. It used to be very informative. The ratings have been dropping among the key demographics. However, the network just gave them a contract extension , so I doubt they would be replaced

I get the feeling they think no one has access to the internet or cable news, and they can get away with rehashing yesterday's events or reading the paper to us.

I don't need to have someone read to me. I don't even watch Rachel anymore because all she does is read court transcripts it seems.  

It's so bad I will watch The Office or Everybody Loves Raymond reruns rather than subject myself to Joe & Mika.  If Yasmin or somebody with an ounce of professionalism hosted this time slot I'd probably watch more.  But as it stands, a few seconds and I'm out. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

It's so bad I will watch The Office or Everybody Loves Raymond reruns

I know and I so agree.  I have opted for reruns on Freeform of Young and Hungry.

Yeah I said it, fight me.

Seriously unless you are lucky to catch a "good segment" for me the rest of the show is beyond frustrating as they are always a day or even two behind as they keep rehashing the same topics ad nauseum according to the Scarborough's topics du jour.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Chloesmom said:

I know and I so agree.  I have opted for reruns on Freeform of Young and Hungry.

Yeah I said it, fight me.

Seriously unless you are lucky to catch a "good segment" for me the rest of the show is beyond frustrating as they are always a day or even two behind as they keep rehashing the same topics ad nauseum according to the Scarborough's topics du jour.

The show is so repetitive. I could probably do recaps without even watching it. It's too focused on Trump.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, oakville said:

It's too focused on Trump.

That's all they've got.  I would imagine it's why ratings are down here and other shows. Every one is sick of hearing about it day in and day out. 

Did they say anything about the Amazon rain forest? Or Newark's water having lead?  There are other things going on other than Trump. 

• Love 3

Did The Twins mention the Koch brother who died?  I just read Charlie Pierce's (love him) article about the Kochs in Esquire (he hates them) and he took MJ to the woodshed a bit for whatever they said about whichever dead Koch this morning.  Charlie's piece on The Koch fortune was brutal.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

he took MJ to the woodshed a bit for whatever they said about whichever dead Koch this morning.  Charlie's piece on The Koch fortune was brutal.

A few years ago they did an interview with the Kochs and rode on the private jet so they were kissing their ass in the interview. 

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

A few years ago they did an interview with the Kochs and rode on the private jet so they were kissing their ass in the interview. 

From the GQ article on Joe in 2016.

"According to NBC insiders, Scarborough caused a headache for Griffin last year when, for an exclusive interview he and Brzezinski did with the controversial conservative billionaires Charles and David Koch, the pair traveled from New York to Wichita on a Koch Industries private plane. After an internal stink over this journalistic sin, those insiders say, Griffin had MSNBC reimburse the Kochs for the Morning Joe co-hosts' ride."

I think it is outrageous that MSNBC did  not provide Mika & Joe with access to their own private jet for the interview . Don't they realize how important Joe is ?

• Love 5

Tom Nichols & Susan Fereccio were worried about traditional GOP voters staying home on election day in 2020, rather than vote for the Democratic candidates.

They want the Democrats to nominate candidates that can appeal to never Trump Republicans.

Joe was upset that African American turnout was down in 2016.

David Ignatius wants Biden to pick Stacey Abrams from Georgia . She is a charismatic African American who could increase turnout.

I was amused by Mika's rant about "If Trump were an airline pilot".

Someone should write an article about "if Mika was a co host of an MSNBC news host".

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Joe was mad that Mitt Romney didn't denounce Trump over his comments about Jews dual loyalty.

Why can't this show get Mitt Romney to appear for an interview?

The show used to have guests from both parties appear.

• Love 4

Joe was ranting to Tom Nichols about GOP Senators like Lindsay Graham people that opposed Trump before he won the nomination that now defend him.

Shouldn't Joe be honest and admit that he was pro Trump during the nomination process & during the post election transition ?

• Love 5