Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, oakville said:

Shouldn't Joe be honest and admit that he was pro Trump during the nomination process & during the post election transition ?

No, because he and the Mrs. fixed it and mind your own beeswax.  Seriously, if you hit the show at a good moment it's worth watching but again I have been relegated to Dr. Phil and teen channels.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Joe had a very informative interview with David Ignatius of WaPo.  After the interview with David Ignatius, Mika tossed to a commercial and referred to the president as "Donald Chump- I mean Donald Trump."   Come on.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 2

Monday Recap. Joe is still mad at Trump. Joe called out all the GOP Senators by name that are not standing up to Trump. Ratner got the Martha's Vineyard back drop. Mika giggled at Joe.

Mika said wow a few times.

Katty Kay said that Trump's erratic behavior is hurting financial markets.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe said that Trump's idea of using nuclear weapons against hurricanes is a bad idea. It would make the water radioactive.

Hee a real Neil deGrasse Tyson that one is.  The stupid that is going around these days is staggering.

1 hour ago, nittanycougar said:

Donald Chump- I mean Donald Trump

Always going for the cheap shot yet they howl when it happens to them.  So gross.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Joe Walsh is running for the GOP nomination. He admitted it was wrong to support Trump in 2016. He admitted it was wrong to demonize Obama.

Joe said he was elected in 1994 to cut the deficit.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Ah Joe Walsh.  Another one of my state's (IL) finest.  A fiscal hawk/conservative who was insulted when it was pointed out he was behind over 100k in child support payments.  I don't know what he's up to but I'm sure he's going to make money on it.  Good times.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, novhappy said:

Re watching this Joe Walsh interview. It’s soooo obvious Joe is reading prepepared questions handed to him, not listening to Walsh. He is literally phoning it in. 

Agreed. Joe was reading the questions from a teleprompter.

3 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Ah Joe Walsh.  Another one of my state's (IL) finest.  A fiscal hawk/conservative who was insulted when it was pointed out he was behind over 100k in child support payments.  I don't know what he's up to but I'm sure he's going to make money on it.  Good times.

Joe forgot to advise him to get a non disclosure agreement.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, novhappy said:

Re watching this Joe Walsh interview. It’s soooo obvious Joe is reading prepepared questions handed to him, not listening to Walsh. He is literally phoning it in. 

Wow, it really becomes obvious when you are not in the room and watching the screen.  He stumbled through that interview and clearly missed cues from the director.  They are really phoning it in today (but it did make me giggle as Walsh insisted on saying "Joe Mika" when answering questions.  It sounded like we wrote his part of the script.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Katty Kay said Americans eat chlorinated chicken & that the UK won't accept that in any trade agreement. Joe was shocked & said it would be a good reason to become a vegetarian.

Jeremy Peters is upset that Trump allies would publish unflattering social media posts by journalists.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, oakville said:

Katty Kay said Americans eat chlorinated chicken & that the UK won't accept that in any trade agreement.

Ok, I looked up what this meant.  It truly is a wonder that we are still alive . . . good grief.

• Love 2

Joe said that Wisconsin will be a key battleground state in 2020. Trump could still win.

Joe mocked pundits for saying that the blue wall for Democrats would never be broken.

Joe made fun of Democrats that were panicked after the first debate. Joe forgot that he was one of them. He was a Debbie Downer after the debate in Miami & said that Democrats were doomed for advocating open borders & Medicare.

• Love 5

After listening to the blah questioning by Joe this morning of Joe Walsh...it was gratifying to listen to former Rep. Walsh being taken to the woodshed by everyone just now on Nicole W's show.  Woodshed!  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, Kemper said:

After listening to the blah questioning by Joe this morning of Joe Walsh...it was gratifying to listen to former Rep. Walsh being taken to the woodshed by everyone just now on Nicole W's show.  Woodshed!  

I am sorry I missed this as I know I would have enjoyed it.  Maybe JoeMika will rise to the occasion and oh I don't know do their jobs?  This guy has limited abilities to be helpful in our current environment, for God's sake throw at his head as there is plenty to aim at!

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Joe was very soft on Walsh compared to Wallace & Heilmann.

Joe must be furious that Cackles was tougher on Walsh than he was.

Joe usually likes to be the alpha dog at tough interviews.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe usually likes to be the alpha dog at tough interviews.

Joe would have had to conduct a tough interview to weigh in on this and he did not.  Again, both of them looked like they had a long Sunday night which impacted their interviewing skills and for what their $30 mil-ish between the two of them contract this is the best they could come up with?

11 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Joe would have had to conduct a tough interview to weigh in on this and he did not.  Again, both of them looked like they had a long Sunday night which impacted their interviewing skills and for what their $30 mil-ish between the two of them contract this is the best they could come up with?

I think Mika & Joe are upset at MSNBC for not sending them to Biarritz France to cover the G7 summit. Joe has experience advising many world leaders. Mika used to vacation in the south of France.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Ok, I looked up what this meant.  It truly is a wonder that we are still alive . . . good grief.

Maybe you read something differently that you can point me to, but my Google says chicken is washed in chlorine. I admit, I don't follow the CDC rules, I was all of my meat. Including steak... I need a good reason to cut out meat and if I tell this to my h, we can go meatless. 

I can't believe that we watch this show every morning. I missed it yesterday, but I will watch today for sure. 

Edited by Queena
  • Love 1

Tuesday Recap. The opening clip showed Trump promoting his Doral Resort for the next G7 summit. Mika asked about how the chocolate cake . Joe said that the Doral Resort is losing money. Joe said that Trump blew his $400M inheritance. Joe is still upset that he no longer gets free acomodations & meals at Mar a Largo.

Joe said Trump lied about China calling him. Joe is upset that Trump wants Putin back in the G7.

• Love 2

Joe continues to complain about the Doral Resort. It's not up to Joe's standards.

Heilman is mad at Tom Cotton for supporting buying Greenland. He called him a toady.

Heilemann wanted Trump to be at the climate change meeting. No one takes Trump seriously on climate change.

Mika started moaning about Angela Merkel no longer believing that the USA leads the free world on climate change.

• Love 2

Joe was upset that Trump blamed Obama for the annexation of Crimea. Joe said Putin invaded Crimea.

Joe forgot that he used to blame Obama for not standing up to Putin in 2014.

Joe is mad that Putin is interfering in US elections.

• Love 2

I am no fan of Melania or Ivanka or new WH press secretary Stephanie Grisham, but there is almost something pathological about the way Mika sneers whenever she brings up their names.  Her hatred is palpable, and it’s a little disturbing. 

• Love 3

After a guest spoke for a while about Trump being incompetent, absent and didn't understand what pollution or climate change is, Mika offered, "Mmhm."  And went to commercial.  She seemed exhausted too. 
"Mmhm"  Not even enough fucks to give to say a word.

• Love 7

Kornacki said that the trend is not good for Biden. He is struggling with voters under age 50.

Adrienne Elrod said that everyone knows Biden. She said that Warren & Sanders would benefit from a weaker economy.

• Love 2

Joe said that Biden has to win Iowa. Barnicle said that Warren is better organized in Iowa.

Joe was upset that Biden is the only moderate Democrat.

Mika was absent from the conversation except for a few grunts & she said that Warren had large crowd sizes.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 3
57 minutes ago, Eliot said:

I am no fan of Melania or Ivanka or new WH press secretary Stephanie Grisham, but there is almost something pathological about the way Mika sneers whenever she brings up their names.  Her hatred is palpable, and it’s a little disturbing. 

Mika was so excited to interview Melania during the campaign. I remember when she showed up at Trump Tower during the transition to interview Ivanka about women's issues. She was so happy to have her picture taken & she later bragged bout convincing Ivanka to hire Dinah Powell for a job at the Trump White House.

• Love 2

Joe liked the new Biden healthcare ad. Joe bragged about his VIP Insurance plan. He said some people don't have adequate healthcare.

Will Morning Joe show the other candidates TV commercials ?

Heilmann is worried that private insurance would disappear with a Medicare for All plan. Heilmann will accept an improved Obamacare plan.

• Love 2

Joe warned Democrats that they are doomed if they replace Obamacare with Medicare for All.

Joe loves his private insurance . Eugene is also worried about losing his private insurance.

Joe said suburban voters will not accept losing private insurance.

Joe admitted that people criticize him for giving his opinions on Democratic primaries

• Love 2

Melania, Ivanka and Grisham all went to see Star Wars......

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I wonder if Joe, Heileman, and all the others opining about their stellar VIP private insurance plans have ever read a single word of Warren's or anyone's Medicare for All plans.  Or perused the NIH plan which has home visits for new mothers and elderly and disabled care.  Or seen that people pay nothing for surgeries and cancer care instead of paying the 10% or 20% or 30% that insurance doesn't cover even after premiums, deductibles and copays.  Or looked at how little the Brits pay for drugs, a few dollars.  Or that it's not tied to your job.

If they actually read the plans or studied other nation's plans, they'd see that they are actually better than what even their VIP private insurance offers, which they lose, of course, if they lose their jobs.  I wish they would actually talk about the specifics of the plans instead of just dismissing them outright as being bad for people with great private insurance.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, oakville said:

Heilmann is worried that private insurance would disappear with a Medicare for All plan. Heilmann will accept an improved Obamacare plan.

I thought Heileman was smarter than this.  He is literally believing the bullshit that anti M4A proponents (aka insurance lobby)  use as scare tactics

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, izabella said:

I wonder if Joe, Heileman, and all the others opining about their stellar VIP private insurance plans have ever read a single word of Warren's or anyone's Medicare for All plans.  Or perused the NIH plan which has home visits for new mothers and elderly and disabled care.  Or seen that people pay nothing for surgeries and cancer care instead of paying the 10% or 20% or 30% that insurance doesn't cover even after premiums, deductibles and copays.  Or looked at how little the Brits pay for drugs, a few dollars.  Or that it's not tied to your job.

If they actually read the plans or studied other nation's plans, they'd see that they are actually better than what even their VIP private insurance offers, which they lose, of course, if they lose their jobs.  I wish they would actually talk about the specifics of the plans instead of just dismissing them outright as being bad for people with great private insurance.

I am shocked that Morning Joe got rid of Mr Emmanuel who used to provide information on healthcare topics. He was a frequent guest on the show and was able to explain the difference between healthcare systems.

Joe & Mika have made it clear that they will not accept any changes to their VIP Insurance plan. They could care less about those having to pay for out of pocket expenses on their plans.

Joe used to complain about Obamacare being unconstitutional & now he supports it.

17 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

But their plan might be better, and they might have actually read the MFA plans.  We don't know.  

Joe has frequently praised the NBC employee insurance plan. Joe gets access to any body organs of lower ranked employees should he need it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6