Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, stormy said:

Oh, Christ.  Now Frank Lutz shows up.  With a two tone rug on his head.

Whoa, synchronicity.   When I switched off MJ this morning, I went straight to music videos.  First one up: Tommy Tutone.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, millennium said:

Okay, I'm out.   I lasted 5 minutes, just long enough to think Elise Jordan has a cu, then came the speech clips.   More than I could stomach.   I didn't watch the speech last night.    I don't want hear the greatest hits version less than twelve hours later. 

Completely agree.  I know a clip will ambush me sometime today, but so far I have managed to avoid hearing the speech. 

• Love 3

I Did Mika & Joe cancel their interview with Jimmy Fallon.?

I think Stormy refused to confirm or deny an affair with Trump.

Joe said the media was out of touch on immigration & abortion. 

Joe said Americans don’t like illegal immigrants as much as the media.

Joe said abortion was a 50 50 issue according to the polls in his head. He said only 5% of the media are pro life.

• Love 1

I'm glad no Democrats invited her to sit in on the speech.  Keep it classy Dems (unlike Trump with Bill Clinton's accusers).  I couldn't watch last night.  I have this uncontrollable reaction when I see Trump do that hand gesture he always does (fingers curled, moving hand up and down vertically to highlight his stupid points as he's speaking.)  Its like a Kramer-Mary Hart thing to me.

Signed, Also a Dreamer.....

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 8

What had Joe's panties in such a bunch this morning?? He was screaming about Hillary emails yet again, (is that dead horse getting a little heavy to carry around this long)  so haters go talk to yourself.

Take a Xanax and CTFD.   I only caught the tail end of Joe Kennedy's interview.  Did Joe leave the set due to the fact that he can't stand it when someone younger, brighter with a great future in politics gave an eloquent speech when all he does is squint and scream? 

Joe you're nothing but a wannabe who couldn't sustain a political career, hosts a show that most people hate watch, and thinks not wearing socks makes you Mr. Cool. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 13
8 minutes ago, stormy said:

Of course Mika or Joe (?) had to get a dig in about Joe Kennedy wearing chapstick last night. Major Kennedy envy.

How is this a thing? How did anyone even know about it?  I use lip balm all the time, what's the big deal? 

Fuck those two assholes.  Chapstick? Really, Mika? You've had a boob job, a face lift,  Invisalign Braces, you bleach your hair, wear more eyeshadow than three Kardashians combined and you're giving Joe Kennedy shit for using Chapstick? 

• Love 16

Joe’s anger at everyone is becoming tiresome. I think he was mad at Hillary emails & trying to say that the GOP is worse for releasing even more classified information than Hillary.  

He rages over EVERYTHING now. 

I would hate to be a waiter serving him in a restaurant. He would probably go into a rage over the menu options.

Joe has been blaming Obama for years because people were not getting higher incomes since 1973. Today Jod said that wage growth was fine during the Obama administration and its weaker now.

its sad that he can’t remember his talking points from a few years ago.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe has been blaming Obama for years because people were not getting higher incomes since 1973

I can guarantee you if I thought President Obama had any control over my salary from 2008-2016, I would have written him on a monthly basis.

Employers were hoarding cash in case there was another recession, and they realized people who did keep their jobs were just happy to have a paycheck, and they took advantage of it.  

• Love 13
3 hours ago, oakville said:

I Did Mika & Joe cancel their interview with Jimmy Fallon.?

Joe said the media was out of touch on immigration & abortion. 

Joe said Americans don’t like illegal immigrants as much as the media.

Joe said abortion was a 50 50 issue according to the polls in his head. He said only 5% of the media are pro life.

Because, of course, there are scientific studies on the media's views on reproductive rights.  I truly hate when people pull stats out of their ass.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

I'm glad no Democrats invited her to sit in on the speech.  Keep it classy Dems (unlike Trump with Bill Clinton's accusers).  I couldn't watch last night.  I have this uncontrollable reaction when I see Trump do that hand gesture he always does (fingers curled, moving hand up and down vertically to highlight his stupid points as he's speaking.)  Its like a Kramer-Mary Hart thing to me.

Signed, Also a Dreamer.....

Only topped by Trumps compulsive repetitive finger point to God (TM Chris Matthews) to OK sign.  He somehow seems to think these ritualistic hand motions give his words gravitas.

2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

What had Joe's panties in such a bunch this morning?? He was screaming about Hillary emails yet again, (is that dead horse getting a little heavy to carry around this long)  so haters go talk to yourself.

Take a Xanax and CTFD.   I only caught the tail end of Joe Kennedy's interview.  Did Joe leave the set due to the fact that he can't stand it when someone younger, brighter with a great future in politics gave an eloquent speech when all he does is squint and scream? 

Joe you're nothing but a wannabe who couldn't sustain a political career, hosts a show that most people hate watch, and thinks not wearing socks makes you Mr. Cool. 

Joe is fundamentally incapable of criticizing Trump without throwing in Clinton bashing.  It's like a disclaimer to his 100% republican family, friends, and parishioners.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

I can guarantee you if I thought President Obama had any control over my salary from 2008-2016, I would have written him on a monthly basis.

Employers were hoarding cash in case there was another recession, and they realized people who did keep their jobs were just happy to have a paycheck, and they took advantage of it.  

^^^^^^THIS.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe’s anger at everyone is becoming tiresome. I think he was mad at Hillary emails & trying to say that the GOP is worse for releasing even more classified information than Hillary.  

He rages over EVERYTHING now. 

I would hate to be a waiter serving him in a restaurant. He would probably go into a rage over the menu options.

Joe has been blaming Obama for years because people were not getting higher incomes since 1973. Today Jod said that wage growth was fine during the Obama administration and its weaker now.

its sad that he can’t remember his talking points from a few years ago.

He's a far better writer than live commentator.    His op-eds almost seem to be written by an entirely different person.

• Love 3

What had Joe's panties in such a bunch this morning?? He was screaming about Hillary emails yet again, (is that dead horse getting a little heavy to carry around this long)  so haters go talk to yourself...........

Joe is fundamentally incapable of criticizing Trump without throwing in Clinton bashing.  It's like a disclaimer to his 100% republican family, friends, and parishioners.

Joe criticizing Trump, then automatically throwing to the Clinton bashing immediately after is like Jerry Seinfeld adding "and there's nothing wrong with that..."

• Love 10

'Behind a couple of days.  Just saw the John Kasich love fest from yesterday.  He seems to be a wolf in sheep's clothing; although a seemingly decent guy.  I just wish when he waxed on and on about the crazies on the right and left who are...well...crazy and won't play nice.  What?  We have been watching the Freedom Caucus and Tea Baggers bring our discourse to horrible, low levels.  But he throws the Progressive Dems in with them?  And Joe and Meeka practically bow down to him.  And then Peggy Noonan (hair-tosser extraordinaire) was on to pontificate.  Horrible show.

Is it me, or do Meek-a's boobs look a little higher these days?  And her make-up harsher.  Maybe it is my tv.  Then again, maybe that explains the time off recently.  Or...she could be wearing a new bra.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

Is it me, or do Meek-a's boobs look a little higher these days?  And her make-up harsher.  Maybe it is my tv.  Then again, maybe that explains the time off recently.  Or...she could be wearing a new bra.  

I love this forum.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Joe criticizing Trump, then automatically throwing to the Clinton bashing immediately after is like Jerry Seinfeld adding "and there's nothing wrong with that..."

***snort***

1 hour ago, millennium said:

I love this forum.

Me too!  Thank you all for the laughs on what could have been a more than dreary day!

• Love 4

Thursday Recap. Protect the FBI at all costs day. Joe is back in the Bunker. He's like a groundhog. If he shows up on the set, and gets mad, he goes back to his bunker.

Mika was excited that  Peter Strok drafted the memo that went after Hillary before the election. He's a Trump stooge !

Joe admitted that Democrats & the GOP are both mad at the FBI during the election over the Clinton investigation.

The panel wants Christopher Wray to resign if the memo exposes unethical conduct by the FBI.

Joe compared the GOP to dictators in Turkey & Russia.

Joe said Trump fired Comey & others that he disagreed with.

Joe blasted Trump for having a TV show where he fired someone every week!.  Trump fired Celebrities.

The Comey Letter 10 days before the election helped elect Trump. Why isn't Trump loyal to Comey & Strok.?

Joe is mad t Paul Ryan & has lost all respect for JOhn Kelly after he supported releasing the memo.

LOL Joe, trash anyone because they don't agree with your latest talking point.

Joe said the FBI must be protected at all cost. Otherwise, it is a threat to democracy.

A few years ago, Joe would eat cereal on the set. I wish he would do that again. He could eat Shreddies mini wheat because Trump is shredding the constitution.

Mika admitted most people don't follow the Russia investigation closely. They are busy with their lives.

Joe said families are busy trying to get their kids into community colleges & hoping for rain on election day so they could vote.

Barnicle said that its no big deal about the FISA warrant on Carter Page since the warrant was outstanding for a long time.

Why was there a warrant on Carter Page ?

The train carrying the GOP crashed into a garbage truck. They tried to save the truck driver but he died.

• Love 4

Mika, the correct question to Mr. Wolff is "do you regret what you implied?", not "do you regret what you inferred?".  A pet peeve of mine.  And what made her so huffily end the interview?  I was so distracted by her grammatical faux pas that I missed it, and I'm at work so no DVR.

Edited by jalady
typo, which is bad when you're criticizing someone's grammar, LOL.
  • Love 15

Mika was having none of Wolff's standard evasions of "Nikki Haley denied something she wasn't accused of" and "read the part of the book that says something about her."  That's when Meeks blew her top and said something like "we don't do that here on Morning Joe." and went to the unexpected break. 

I wonder who's going to win that spat?  If I were a betting person, I'd put money on Mr. Wolff. 

• Love 8

Michael Wolff is a used-car salesman, albeit a well-timed used-car salesman, but after Mika got the story she wanted from him she dismisses him from the set because "Well, you don't say that about a woman"? Even though he's apparently been dead-on about all of his other gossipy allegations. I don't see this ending well for Williams College's brightest scholar.

• Love 11
37 minutes ago, oakville said:

He's like a groundhog. If he shows up on the set, and gets mad, he goes back to his bunker.

Tomorrow is Ground Hog's Day!  If he's in the bunker - we have a blue wave in 2018?  If he isn't,  we start WW III ?

Edited by Xena
A shadow is not a bunker.
  • Love 6

Defending Nikki Haley is absurd.  This is the same Nikki Haley who tweeted that she turned off the Grammy's because it got too political for her.  Just shut up!

This show is scary today.  They spend an hour on how unstable and crazy the man in charge is then go to a story on his love of nuclear weapons.  Pretty soon Joe won't be the only one in a bunker.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 10

Instead of trying to get to the bottom of what Wolff was saying or get the answer that apparently Wolff just does not know, Mika's too busy setting herself up -- as she does periodically -- as a defender of all women kind while giving off a whiff of being sensitive to the topic of "affairs," since she clearly had one with her co-host.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, The Solution said:

Michael Wolff is a used-car salesman, albeit a well-timed used-car salesman, but after Mika got the story she wanted from him she dismisses him from the set because "Well, you don't say that about a woman"? Even though he's apparently been dead-on about all of his other gossipy allegations. I don't see this ending well for Williams College's brightest scholar.

He’s definitely a slimy fuck, but it’s not entirely beyond the pale to insinuate that there may be a sexual quid pro quo between this President and anyone.  What is wrong was him ignoring his previous judgement about not making that claim.

Perhaps he should have practiced the same judgement when he claimed that a three-star general was a nobody.  

• Love 1

MIKA KNOWS HER VALUE!! Invite an author on who you know has made a sexual slur against a prominent female politician, put him down, say his book was written very quickly, and shuttle him off the set. Now everyone knows who didn't know previously, including myself, that it is said that Trump and Nikki Haley had an affair (eww, just eww.)  Rather, as a Journalist of Integrity (hee) you should not have had him on in the first place!!!  (I would only sleep with Trump for a wardrobe of top couture clothing and handbags, like Melania did.)

Has Robert Costa lost some weight? His face looks thinner.

Yeah, I commented here about a month ago.  Noah Rothman too I think.

edited to add:  Does Rand Paul make sense or has his Jerri Curl solution seeped into his brain?

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, Lokiberry said:

Has Robert Costa lost some weight? His face looks thinner.

I doubt he has time to eat or sleep. He's on NBC or MSNBC from morning till night, he writes breaking stories every day, and he hosts Washington Week in Review on Friday night.

Where will he show up next? Perhaps he'll be the next Bachelor!

But, seriously, folks . . . he's one of the heroes of this horrible time we live in, and I'm always happy to see him appear on any of the shows. The journalists (Costa, Rucker, etc.) and Mueller's team are the only things keeping me sane right now.

• Love 10
24 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

MIKA KNOWS HER VALUE!! Invite an author on who you know has made a sexual slur against a prominent female politician, put him down, say his book was written very quickly, and shuttle him off the set. Now everyone knows who didn't know previously, including myself, that it is said that Trump and Nikki Haley had an affair (eww, just eww.)  Rather, as a Journalist of Integrity (hee) you should not have had him on in the first place!!!  (I would only sleep with Trump for a wardrobe of top couture clothing and handbags, like Melania did.)

Yeah, I commented here about a month ago.  Noah Rothman too I think.

edited to add:  Does Rand Paul make sense or has his Jerri Curl solution seeped into his brain?

This is what cracks me up with everyone that has Wolff on after that Haley news as they all tsk tsk at him about a topic that is purely salacious and then they all pin journalism medals on themselves.

And psssst . . . rumor has it Hope Hicks has also "enhanced" her wardrobe during the campaign . . . get on it Mika.  Help save women from designer duds!

• Love 5

Mika you are beyond belief.  Guess it was Mika's turn to have her panties so bunched up her ass they were cutting off the blood to her brain.

Where in the book does it say it was Nikki Haley?  Where is the footage of Micheal Wolff saying it was Nikki Haley.

He said Nikki Haley was reported to be having a lot of private meetings and weren't there rumors that she was angling for the SoS job if Trump fired Tillerson? 

No one in their right mind thought it was Nikki Haley having an affair with Trump.  But the media didn't mind repeating that ad nauseum. 

Nikki isn't known for her ethics or her brain power, neither is Hope Hicks. 

Mika gets real defensive when affairs with bosses comes up.  And they invite Wolff on because he can confirm the stories about the attorney quitting after the email story cover up, but then blind side him with "HOW DARE YOU IMPLY NIKKI HALEY IS SLEEPING WITH TRUMP!!!"  Since when is Nikki Haley a sister in the MikaToo movement?  She's as culpable as anyone who promotes Trump's disgusting agenda. 

No wonder the poor guy was like "wtf are you two talking about."  Nikki is defending herself against an accusation that was never made. Just like Mika, methinks the lady protest too loudly. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 19

Problem for MJ is this will backfire because it's obvious it was a set up. Wolff was talking about the Donald Jr email story.

In fact they even promoted it as such.   

I have to say I'm surprised they went after Wolff when the Hillary Clinton thing was right there in front of them, and that's Mika's go to "OMG I HATE HER SO MUCH" default story. 

• Love 3

My problem with Mika in that segment is when watching/listening to Susan grill Wolff I found the conversation helpful.  Then Mika inserts herself and all I can think of she's acting like some sorority debutante who is pissed no one noticed she is wearing a new sweater.

1 hour ago, neece26 said:

Mika:  "This is Morning Joe.  We don't BS here!"

Seriously, there is an excellent chance I may never get over this quote . . . . good grief!

• Love 10

I'm not a Michael Wolf apologist, but I thought it was a bit shady the way they brought him on to talk about one subject and then blindsided for an allegation that he never specifically made. ( though, yeah, he allowed speculation and gossip). Mika, you were rude and sounded like an ass demanding he leave.  Must be ratings are down and they want a little Internet traffic like Tapper got.  

• Love 6

Was the segment with Wolff really just a few sentences before Mika cut him off and threw it to commercial?  That Mediaite article suggests the whole thing was staged.

Did Mika read the book?  He does NOT suggest they're having an affair, for fuck's sake.  Mika is so stupid, it's astonishing.  I have the book.  I looked in the index.  I found the 1 paragraph on Nikki Haley's naked political ambition and suggestions she's plotting to manipulate Trump. NOWHERE is there a HINT of sex.  Christ.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Holy Shit the gloves are off. Wolff is tweeting about the appearance. One says "last time I was on Morning Joe off camera they were eager to discuss who Trump was sleeping with". 

Another says "My bad. Trump was right about Mika".    

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mika-brzensiski-michael-wolff_us_5a730a1be4b0bf6e6e222a16?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

OOOOF!  This is right up there with taking on the IC community, see what you get?

MJ has probably been jonesing for a Get Off My Set moment since they saw Jake Tapper bounce Stephen Miller.  She had way too much fun that last 10 seconds.

Well, it's been 11 years since her Emmy-worthy "Paris Hilton Is NOT News" revelation.  which, by the way, on the stream I watch MJ on still plays as a commercial! 

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

I looked in the index.  I found the 1 paragraph on Nikki Haley's naked political ambition and suggestions she's plotting to manipulate Trump. NOWHERE is there a HINT of sex.  Christ.

Is it worth the $25? I've been dying to read it. 

I'd love to know what the paragraph is he's talking about re the affairs/whoring around.  Maybe he's just bringing ladies into the residence, ala JFK.

It's not like  Wolff has to make up shit to sell more books. I think he just likes fucking with people. 

Now Daddy is going to have to defend Mika tomorrow. Look for a 3 minute editorial about "how dare you call my girlfriend an hysterical dumbass!!" 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 5

I asked my guys in the know this morning about Haley.  Some of my friends here in SC are connected to people in the state house in Columbia.  It's a rumor, but accepted truth, that Nikki Haley slept with several powerful lobbyists in order to speed her ascension in SC politics.  In the book, a Trump staffer called her "more ambitious than Satan," and in the book there is a claim that she sees herself as Trump's replacement as President.  My friends said that she has/would flirt with Trump (or anyone) to manipulate him, but couldn't imagine in a million years she's actually have sex with the pig.
These rumors/history must really be a sore spot for her, so that is surely why she overreacted to stories she spends private time with Trump.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Was the segment with Wolff really just a few sentences before Mika cut him off and threw it to commercial?  That Mediaite article suggests the whole thing was staged.

Yep. I turned it on at 7:18 am so I could catch the Wolff interview. It didn't last more than 3-4 minutes 5 at the most.  It was all about Trump keeping attorneys out of meetings re writing the press release or whatever he wrote about the meeting being only about adoptions, and that when you do something like that, you know you're obstructing justice or covering up if you don't consult attorneys.  Because they would tell you "hey don't do this". 

Then Susan Del Percio (again sp?) brought up "don't you think it's highly irresponsible to say Nikki Haley was having an affair with Trump". Wolff is like "what?" Then Mika jumps in and he says "I never said that, I said read the paragraph and it will lead you to understanding he's still sleeping around".  Then Mika confuses infer with imply and all hell broke loose.

She also did the index finger in the air circle, indicating "let's go"  which I assume she saw in a movie and thought it looked cool.

• Love 9