Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, junemeatcleaver said:

And reveal to the public how fat and physically unhealthy he is?  Never going to happen.

This is the first episode of MJ I've seen in awhile and it seemed awkward.  Willie clearly, in my eyes, not wanting to talk about Matt Lauer; the talk about consensual sex between coworkers being mostly bad with those two sitting there.  Just weird to me.  Maybe I'm reading it wrong.

It's very weird . Something happened between Mika & Joe over the weekend. They were both loopy on Monday morning.

Mika is holding a scarf in her left hand. Earlier in the week, she was hiding her hands in her sweater sleeve. 

Joe is now bragging that he knew about Lauer & Charlie Rose's philandering. He didn't know that they were predators.

Mika is opposed to workplace affairs.Joe said it's ok. This is very bizarre behavior

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, oakville said:

It's very weird . Something happened between Mika & Joe over the weekend. They were both loopy on Monday morning.

Mika is holding a scarf in her left hand. Earlier in the week, she was hiding her hands in her sweater sleeve. 

Joe is now bragging that he knew about Lauer & Charlie Rose's philandering. He didn't know that they were predators.

Mika is opposed to workplace affairs.Joe said it's ok. This is very bizarre behavior

Mika did a FB live on Tuesday after the show and Joe was in her house, and she showed him during the video (he was reading a book by the fire, bundled up in a blanket looking pretty at home).  She even responded to a commenter during the video that she and Joe "acted like they were married," confirming that they do.  I don't think they have broken up, but something may be going on and she has definitely been trying to hide not wearing her ring.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, millennium said:

If the only people responding were his base? 

I think it's gotten to a point where it is the media's responsibility to report on the President of the United States when he is endangering the safety of our citizens, as well as presenting signs of being more and more unfit for office. 

2 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika is reading a press release in her haughty know it all voice. We are not intimidated!

I saw that and all I could think was "Take it down a notch, Drama Queen".   

Does Mika know she's thanking Bill Clinton for allowing Joe to hit on her, and for her to have an affair with her coworker?  Maybe she's being sincere.

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I think it's gotten to a point where it is the media's responsibility to report on the President of the United States when he is endangering the safety of our citizens, as well as presenting signs of being more and more unfit for office. 

Let's not pretend this is something new.   This has been going on since day one.   Talking about it, reporting on it, does no good at all.   The media should focus its criticism instead on the Republican congressmen enabling this, and on the Democrats who have largely abdicated their role as opponents.  

• Love 8
53 minutes ago, Mmtx2002 said:

Mika did a FB live on Tuesday after the show and Joe was in her house, and she showed him during the video (he was reading a book by the fire, bundled up in a blanket looking pretty at home).  She even responded to a commenter during the video that she and Joe "acted like they were married," confirming that they do.  I don't think they have broken up, but something may be going on and she has definitely been trying to hide not wearing her ring.

Interesting. I had not seen that video, but I just watched it. Mika was not wearing her ring in the video, but she and joe looked very much together, and Mika talked about looking forward to getting married soon. Joe’s dog also was wandering around. 

Maybe Mika lost her ring, or broke it?

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, cased said:

Interesting. I had not seen that video, but I just watched it. Mika was not wearing her ring in the video, but she and joe looked very much together, and Mika talked about looking forward to getting married soon. Joe’s dog also was wandering around. 

Maybe Mika lost her ring, or broke it?

Yes, I highly doubt they have broken up -- they have been acting very "together," including having Mika speak for Joe this morning -- they present a united front in that regard.  Joe's animals are almost always at Mika's house.  Joe's house is on the market.  I suspect something happened to the ring and Mika has been trying to hide it just to avoid having people speculate (like I am doing -- ha!).  I think they are most definitely in it for life.  

Edited by Mmtx2002
  • Love 4

The media should focus its criticism instead on the Republican congressmen enabling this, and on the Democrats who have largely abdicated their role as opponents.  

Stephanie Ruhl has been doing a lot of this on the hour after MJ, I find it very gratifying. I think the reason MJ doesn't is because everyone on the show does pretty well and empathy isn't a strong point. Wealth distribution is horrible only when Bernie Sanders talks about it in the other direction.

I agree that Mika and Joe are doing fine. Earlier in the week she was complaining about online shopping resulting in a lot of boxes around the house (uh talk about a rich person's problem) and Joe said, oh, I help you pick those up, and Mika agreed that he did. I admit, I found it a *little* cute. Just a little. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Mumbles said:

Stephanie Ruhl has been doing a lot of this on the hour after MJ, I find it very gratifying. I think the reason MJ doesn't is because everyone on the show does pretty well and empathy isn't a strong point. Wealth distribution is horrible only when Bernie Sanders talks about it in the other direction.

I agree that Mika and Joe are doing fine. Earlier in the week she was complaining about online shopping resulting in a lot of boxes around the house (uh talk about a rich person's problem) and Joe said, oh, I help you pick those up, and Mika agreed that he did. I admit, I found it a *little* cute. Just a little. 

I watched Stephanie Ruhl today.   I liked her, and her retro hairstyle, lol.   

• Love 1

After this morning, I really want Joe to stop trying to explain away the Republican party. Just speak truth to power, like you advertise. The Republican party has become the party of fear and hate.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, millennium said:
4 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Let's not pretend this is something new.   This has been going on since day one.   Talking about it, reporting on it, does no good at all.   The media should focus its criticism instead on the Republican congressmen enabling this, and on the Democrats who have largely abdicated their role as opponents.  

I agree with you that the press should cover the members of Congress who keep giving him a pass. Even Collins just said she's not concerned about his mental state. REALLY? 

As far as the Dems, there isn't much they can do, they oppose him in interviews, etc but since they are in the minority in both houses, they're (and we're) fucked. 

They will rue the day they pass this tax bill. If it becomes law and people (Republican voters)  start seeing definite signs of how they're getting fucked over, the shit may finally hit the fan. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

I agree with you that the press should cover the members of Congress who keep giving him a pass. Even Collins just said she's not concerned about his mental state. REALLY? 

As far as the Dems, there isn't much they can do, they oppose him in interviews, etc but since they are in the minority in both houses, they're (and we're) fucked. 

They will rue the day they pass this tax bill. If it becomes law and people (Republican voters)  start seeing definite signs of how they're getting fucked over, the shit may finally hit the fan. 

I wrote eight Republican senators today.   I felt stupid but I had to try.

• Love 10

They will rue the day they pass this tax bill. If it becomes law and people (Republican voters)  start seeing definite signs of how they're getting fucked over, the shit may finally hit the fan

I thought I heard how it will be phased on, so voters won't see their taxes go up until AFTER the 2018 or 2020 elections?

This Am's MJ was PSYCHOLOGY TODAY again.  What a waste of time.

• Love 3

I don’t think it’s a waste of time - we have a POTUS who is literally certifiable and that shouldn’t be normalized - I think every political commentator and news reporter should be shouting it to the rooftops all day every day.

• Love 7

Friday Recap. The most important news according to the panel is that there was poor attendance at the Christmas tree lighting in Washington. Joe said this used to be the biggest event in December. The panel went on for over 5 minutes about how Trump would get furious at the lack of crowds. It is the usual jokes about Spicer saying that people watched it on tv.

No one in Washington likes Trump.

Next topic. Trump's tweets about the Islamic videos was the biggest breach of US=UK relations since the scene from Love Actually where Hugh Grant gets mad at the George W Bush typre President.

This could force the cancellation of the state visit by Trump. Heileman said there would be millions attending the protests of Trump visitig.

Joe said this could help Theres may politically.

I am amused that Mika continues to hide her hands under the desk or in her sleeves. No one will ever find out about Mika not wearing her engagement ring.

Mika said she was reading papers to her dad when he was sick & he got even more depressed. Trump is undoing what Dr Z wanted to happen in foreign policy.

Trump tried to get the Senate to top investigating the Russia issue. Joe said this was obstruction of justice. Joe said this was the worst case of obstruction in the history of the USA.

Mika pronounced heidi's name correctly again today.

Heidi said all foreign countries hate Trump. No one takes the USA seriously.

Joe is mad that Trump is attacking CNN International.

Joe blames Trump for rivals becoming more autocratic.

I woder if anyone on the show cares about the Senate Tax debate, Peosi calling for Conyers to resign, healthcare etc...

Joe admitted that Alex in the studio told them they were beating a dead horse over the Xmas tree lighting.

At 639 am , they finally got to discussing tax reform.

Mika said it would be a disaster.

• Love 5

Ratner finally gets to speak about tax issues.

Joe is mad at the lack of hearings on the tax issue.

Joe is shouting about Bob Corker not getting a meeting.

Will Joe bash McCain for supporting the tax reform bill? Maybe Joe will attack him for being out of touch & have pre dementia.

• Love 4

As always, thanks for your recap Oakville.  This has been a brutal, depressing week but I must say that shot of all those empty seats at the tree lighting made me more happy than I can say.  I actually have a tab open so I can flip back to it whenever I need a grin.  TFW you throw a party and no one shows up . . . 

• Love 7

Ratner's charts are scary. Trump will get 1 billion in tax savings.

Joe is wearing a nice blue blazer.

Ratner said people that pay more taxes will get higher tax cuts.

Ratner said the top 20% get 64% of the tax cuts.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, oakville said:

panel went on for over 5 minutes about how Trump would get furious at the lack of crowds. It is the usual jokes about Spicer saying that people watched it on tv.

I found myself growing angrier and angrier at this. To care so much about this silliness indicates you have little else to worry about. We're looking at a tax bill that will result in massive wealth distribution in the wrong direction plus other little goodies tucked in, like defining fetuses as persons, and they're hoping the press gives Sarah Huckabee a hard time on THIS shit? Beltway pettiness at its worst.

• Love 7

Joe is shocked that Susan Collins might support the tax reform bill. Joe forgot to attack McCain.

Heidi said that people are working 2 & 3 jobs & can't afford healthcare.

Joe is mad that they are not showing the entire clip of Lve Acully. Joe made Alex show the clip again.

This show is so out of touch with reality today.

• Love 6

Joe is arguing with the panel over the Love Actually movie. Mika said she only watched a few parts of the movie. Joe cried over the movie.

Katty Kay didn't like Love Actually. She hated the working class guy going to the USA & picking up girls in a Milwaukee bar.

Joe is mad at Lindsay Graham for not calling Trump a Kook after he called him a cook a year ago.

Wouldn't it be funny if they played clips of Joe praising Trump in 2015 & 2016 ?

Joe wants to play the Love Actually clip again. Joe said that he likes the beatles.

Donnie Deutsh is on the set. He turns 60.

• Love 5

Mika bought Donnie a life alert bracelet in case he falls down and can't get up.

Donnie is happy that he has not being outed for sexual harasment yet. He outlasted the evil Matt Lauer.

Mika continues to amaze me at being able to hide her left hand while giving Donnie his gift.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, oakville said:

Ratner's charts are scary. Trump will get 1 billion in tax savings.

Joe is wearing a nice blue blazer.

Ratner said people that pay more taxes will get higher tax cuts.

Ratner said the top 20% get 64% of the tax cuts.

I love Ratner but I just can't today so I switched over to New Day.  Former Rep. Steve Israel and Cuomo are using Santorum like a chew toy so I'll probably stay here for the rest of the morning.  Have a good weekend everybody and thanks again for the recaps Oakville.

• Love 3

Over an hour into the show and psychologist wanna bees  finally get to discuss their favorite subject.

Hell, Eugene Robinson has now made a career of this.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 2

Mika is really working hard to hide not having her ring.  I don't remember her ever spending a week covering up her hands with her sleeves or a scarf.  She kept wearing her wedding ring for a long time after she was divorced (and until the Page Six report of her divorce).  So maybe the ring got lost in the chicken coop.  

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Jordan Baker said:

OK, I feel 12 for saying this, but this sounds a bit sexual. What exactly was the gift???   :)

It was a life alert bracelet (I’ve fallen and I can’t get up) because he is 60. 

Hell, Eugene Robinson has now made a career of this.

There *may* have been some point in time when I found what he contributed to this show interesting, but I honestly can't remember that far back. 

Bari Weiss was on from the NYT to discuss her column that men are entitled to due process. Fine. But interestingly enough, I can't think of any accusation levelled in the past two months that hasn't been backed up by corroboration. A lot of them even admit to the bad behavior when called on it. And it's not like they're going to jail. And as the Washington Post attempted sting showed, the press so far has taken vetting these accusations seriously.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

Jezebel takes Joe to task for being an asshole who won't let anyone else talk.  Women do need to lead the convo re sexual harassment, just not the idiot who did everything she tells the rest of us not to do. 

https://jezebel.com/heres-a-great-example-of-why-women-need-to-lead-the-con-1820888929

re: Scarborough:

he’s a morning talk show host, tasked with filling the airspace with his thoughts, and he’s also a blowhard who helms one of the most painful shows on television. He’s incapable of letting anyone other than himself speak for longer than 30 seconds because he’s known no other way.

lol 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe is arguing with the panel over the Love Actually movie. Mika said she only watched a few parts of the movie. Joe cried over the movie.

I like Hugh Grant, but I think About A Boy is a better film -- also has some Christmas content as I recall.

• Love 4

Agree. Love Actually is very predictable,  and completely ridiculous. Those four hot girls taking that guy home?  Puhlease.  Alan Rickman cheating on Emma Thompson?  Get the fuck out.  

About A Boy is much better, and I still can't believe that's Nicholas Hoult. 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, MyAimIsTrue said:

Fun fact:  One of those four hot girls was January Jones, pre-Mad Men.

(Okay, I love 'Love, Actually' and Joe can suck it)

Love Actually is one of my favourite movies. I always cry at the end when Aurelia accepts the engagement.

Mika would probably hate this movie because it involves co workers having intimate relationships.

On 2017-12-01 at 10:05 AM, Jordan Baker said:

Thanks, cased and oakville. I knew what the real gift was, but I was channeling my inner Beavis (or was it Butthead?). The sentence from the recap made me laugh, in an evil Beavis or Butthead way. 

I have seen  photos online of Mika & Joe being compared to Beavis & Butthead.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, oakville said:

Love Actually is one of my favourite movies. I always cry at the end when Aurelia accepts the engagement.

Mika would probably hate this movie because it involves co workers having intimate relationships.

I love every single thing about Love Actually. I cry all over the place, but especially when they show average folks doing their airport greetings. The simple scenes of smiling families and friends reuniting makes me ridiculously happy and hopeful every damn time I see it.

Yes, Mika would be disgusted and appalled by the work relationships. How dare someone fall in love with someone they work with. A world gone mad indeed. 

• Love 4

Catching up with yesterday’s show. Donnie said that he has known Trump for 20 years & knows that his vocabulary & speech patterns have deteriorated since he became President. Joe said that the generals have to stay with Trump to avoid a land war in Korea. Yikes ! Joe gave permission to Gary Kohn to leave the administration since he focuses on domestic policies.

I suspect that Joe will be giddy that Flynn pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI. Will this lead to Trump being impeached.

Joe will also be mad at the GOP moderates for voting yes to Tax reform. Will he blast them..?

• Love 1
8 hours ago, oakville said:

I have seen  photos online of Mika & Joe being compared to Beavis & Butthead.

I always think of Don Jr. and Eric as Beavis and Butthead.

We need to find the humor where we can in this show. The news has been downright scary lately.  :(

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Susan Collins.  I was especially surprised about her.

I wasn’t. She’s been on this show accusing Black Lives Matter as a Russian psy-op. She’s as stupid as she’s ugly. The female Jim Inhofe. 

6 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

I wasn’t. She’s been on this show accusing Black Lives Matter as a Russian psy-op. She’s as stupid as she’s ugly. The female Jim Inhofe. 

Wow, I didn't know that.

I also forgot about Lisa Murkowski, she flipped, too.