Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

I think Nicolle Wallace was truly shaken by the election (I was watching MSNBC on election night and she was visibly horrified) and is just disgusted by the fawning sycophants on the MJ panel.

I don't like her politics overall, but I gained quite a bit of respect for her this past year.

• Love 3

You wanna know why Cackles is not on the show anymore?  She HATES Donald Trump, and presumably the state of current political discourse... which is perfectly exemplified by the self-serving shitshow that is Morning Joe.  Read her Twitter feed.
I think she's taking a break right now from TV now that there are no more elections for a long while, or perhaps her NBC contract lapsed.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika & Joe could go 100% anti Trump for the next 4 years, but that's not a profitable business model , since they will have to compete with CNN for the same viewers.

What will they do with all of the "Joe is in the know with Trump" commercials if they keep this up. The hypocrisy of these two burns!

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

You wanna know why Cackles is not on the show anymore?  She HATES Donald Trump, and presumably the state of current political discourse... which is perfectly exemplified by the self-serving shitshow that is Morning Joe.  Read her Twitter feed.
I think she's taking a break right now from TV now that there are no more elections for a long while, or perhaps her NBC contract lapsed.

I saw Cackles on NBC nightly news a few days ago complaining about something Trump was doing. I don't like Cackles as a political analyst. She never stood up to Sarah Palin until it was too late. The game change movie proved that she was disloyal by bragging that she didn't vote in 2008.

she was a phony during the Trump primaries by trotting out her parents as supporters. She could have challenged Trump during Morning Joe but wanted to play along.

she is only good for taking potshots at the GOP.

• Love 3

The game change movie proved that she was disloyal by bragging that she didn't vote in 2008.

Point of clarification: That movie was not a documentary. But even if you go by that account, she certainly was not bragging; she was ashamed that it came to that. 

she was a phony during the Trump primaries by trotting out her parents as supporters. She could have challenged Trump during Morning Joe but wanted to play along.

I don't understand what was phony about that. She did speak out against a lot of what Trump was saying/doing and made it very clear that she supported Jeb. (sorry: "Jeb!")

Point of clarification: That movie was not a documentary. But even if you go by that account, she certainly was not bragging; she was ashamed that it came to that. 

Didn't Sarah Paulson play Nicole in that movie? My God is there anything that woman can't do?  She was fantastic. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Eliot said:

I don't understand what was phony about that. She did speak out against a lot of what Trump was saying/doing and made it very clear that she supported Jeb. (sorry: "Jeb!")

Yes Cackles was embarrassed that she forgot to vote. It looked to me that she was glad that she didn't vote for Palin. 

Cackles was phony because she had a chance to ask tough questions of Trump when he was on the show. She chickened out & told Trump that her parents were big fans. No courage whatsoever

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Maire said:

What will they do with all of the "Joe is in the know with Trump" commercials if they keep this up. The hypocrisy of these two burns!

Bingo!. Mika & Joe 's personal attacks on KAC will backfire when it comes to getting access to Trump. They have have a valid point that she is out of the loop & aggressively defends Trump with or without facts. It's similar to Susan "You Tube Video" Rice who defended Obama during the 2012 campaign. Hillary refused to do the Sunday Morning Shows because she was afraid of having to discuss the Bengazi attacks.  Joe must be upset that Trump told the press that  Fox & Friends is his favorite Morning show. Mika & Joe have lost  access to Trump again. Based on his lack of snarky attack on Trump after his press conference , Joe may be trying to mend fences again. Stay tuned for tomorrow's show!

• Love 2
8 hours ago, oakville said:

Bingo!. Mika & Joe 's personal attacks on KAC will backfire when it comes to getting access to Trump. They have have a valid point that she is out of the loop & aggressively defends Trump with or without facts. It's similar to Susan "You Tube Video" Rice who defended Obama during the 2012 campaign. Hillary refused to do the Sunday Morning Shows because she was afraid of having to discuss the Bengazi attacks. 

This is all just so incorrect about Clinton and Obama but to try and explain it to you would be off topic. And M & Js attacks on KAC will have no effect on Trump because she's already been shuffled off to a remote office and isn't involved in Trump's day to day workings anymore.

• Love 9

Friday recap. Mika is dressed in a lovely Royal

41 minutes ago, shok said:

This is all just so incorrect about Clinton and Obama but to try and explain it to you would be off topic. And M & Js attacks on KAC will have no effect on Trump because she's already been shuffled off to a remote office and isn't involved in Trump's day to day workings anymore.

We agree to disagree! KAC is still around and was quoted on MJ today.

• Love 1

Friday Recap. Mika is dressed in a lovely royal blue outfit. Joe is dressed in a navy blue suit. Mika is sighing at the aftermath of the press conference. Joe spoke to several important leaders in Congress. They agreed with Joe that they are worried about Trump's behavior. Joe said Trump's base of voters is very happy to laugh at the media. Mika was upset at Trump's lies. Halperin said the press conference was both shocking and unsurprising. Halperin defended the leakers because they are worried about US policy. Joe said several Clinton aides used to lie at congressional hearings and they were laughed at. Joe said no one took Bill Clinton seriously for the first 2 years. Mika mocked Trump for having to do a rally in Florida this weekend. Joe said no one around him will tell him the truth. What about Jared. Joe attacked Stephen Miller for being at the press conference.

Barnicle said that Trump has a 38% base.

The NSC advisor turned down the job to replace Flynn because of the press conference.

Willie was upset that Trump mocked Hillary's re set button with Russia & discussing the uranium sale to Russia.

Special guest was Peter Alexander who corrected Trump on the Electoral College results.

• Love 1

Peter Alexander confirmed to Trump that he was the President but didn't concede that it was an impressive victory. Joe said Trump likes to fight with everyone. Willie said Trump should not call people clowns. He needs Democrats to help him pass his agenda. Joe said that Trump is still at war. Joe called Trump a sore winner.

• Love 1

Strange that this crowd, particularly Joe, is drawing parallels with Democratic presidents at the difficult beginnings of their presidencies, but are pointedly ignoring the most recent Republican president who is closest as far as being a popular vote loser who was not seen as legitimate by over half of the country.  Are they afraid to talk about what happened in September of that first year of that illegitimate presidency?    

• Love 7

This show is called Morning Joe, you have Starbuck's cups, Christ, they even named a coffee for you.  But what a snoozer.  The entire panel was sleepwalking through the first half hour today.  Maybe they're all shell shocked from yesterday's barrage of shit.

Joe keeps saying he's got his 38% and they love him and everything he says.  Well at some point it's not going to cut it because like what Joe said about Jimmy Carter is true and look what happened.  But no matter what, Jimmy Carter is not a raving manic.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 2

Kasie Hunt interviewed Congress members. Democrats were scared of all the antics at the press conference. The GOP members were in committee hearings. Eugene Robinson is shocked at Trump's behavior.

2 minutes ago, stormy said:

This show is called Morning Joe, you have Starbuck's cups, Christ, they even named a coffee for you.  But what a snoozer.  The entire panel was sleepwalking through the first half hour today.  Maybe they're all shell shocked from yesterday's barrage of shit.

Joe keeps saying he's got his 38% and they love him and everything he says.  Well at some point it's not going to cut it because like what Joe said about Jimmy Carter is true and look what happened.  But no matter what, Jimmy Carter is not a raving manic.

Mika & Joe are upset that Trump mentioned Fox & Friends as his favourite morning cable show.

Joe is now trashing Obama. Joe said that Obama thought he was the smartest man in the room & that it never ends well. Willie said no one changes Washington as quickly as they think can.

• Love 1

Mika said that Trump didn't like self deprecating jokes. The panel is upset that Trump isn't paying attention  to the elite media.

Joe had some good points about Jimmy Carter the peanut farmer who ran an insurgent campaign. Joe is bragging about the advice he gave to Obama  & Clinton.

Joe is making fun of James Carville.

Joe said Obama destroyed the Democratic Party by losing 1000 seats since 2008.

Halperin said the 4 most dangerous words now are "Let Trump be Trump"

• Love 1

Mika & Joe are upset that Trump mentioned Fox & Friends as his favourite morning cable show.

The funniest thing about Trump's remark is that even the more newsy people at Fox News think F&F is idiotic.

This is all just so incorrect about Clinton and Obama but to try and explain it to you would be off topic.

There is a June 26, 2016 article in The Hill by Julian Hattem, easily googled, that substantiates Oakville's point.

Joe's point this am that if only Trump kept clowning around he could really get a lot of his agenda accomplished is horrifying. Horrifying to think, and horrifying that Joe thinks we'd be better off if Trump just hunkered down and went to work.

I have noticed a certain softening from Tuesday. It fits a pattern - scream and holler when the shit starts happening in case there's some dramatic consequence, and if it looks like Trump isn't going to be immediately ousted by Pence and the 25th Amendment, slow your roll.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

There is a June 26, 2016 article in The Hill by Julian Hattem, easily googled, that substantiates Oakville's point.

The Hill is a conservative, Anti-Hillary rag.  The author is a conservative water-carrier.  The article was June 20.  The article states WITHIN ITSELF that the allegations you "easily googled" are meaningless.   She had lunches with non-administration civilians... some of whom had been donors.  Ooooooooh.  Evil.  EVIL!
I love reading daily about how much you hate Hillary Clinton.  Doesn't get old.
It's especially fun now, given the shit that Joe and crew tried to tie her to, when we can see with literal truth Trump is actually worse than the worst allegations directed towards Clinton.  All allegations towards the Clintons over time combined, and we're 4 weeks in.
Hillary's lunches with donors and State/FBI/CIA/Pentagon's belief in the first 4 days afterwards that the video that was causing global riots may have caused the attack in Benghazi... that they retracted within 7 days.  Yep.  She's evil.  Worse than actually collaborating with Russians to steal the election.
Know what's fun?  the reason it's known who Hillary Clinton had lunch with a few times during her tenure as SoS is because of a level of Congressional digging and undivided focus that we'll never see investigate Trump's many-tentacled ties to Russia.  Lunches > Russia because "Clinton."  Seems about right.

• Like 1
  • Love 16
26 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

The funniest thing about Trump's remark is that even the more newsy people at Fox News think F&F is idiotic.

Joe's point this am that if only Trump kept clowning around he could really get a lot of his agenda accomplished is horrifying. Horrifying to think, and horrifying that Joe thinks we'd be better off if Trump just hunkered down and went to work.

I have noticed a certain softening from Tuesday. It fits a pattern - scream and holler when the shit starts happening in case there's some dramatic consequence, and if it looks like Trump isn't going to be immediately ousted by Pence and the 25th Amendment, slow your roll.

Thanks!. It is fun to watch Joe try to figure out how to get back in Trumps good graces. Mika doesn't seem to realize what Joe is up to. She is having fun being a mean girl to KAC.

i saw a segment with Tina Brown yesterday. She used to be a first segment panelist which is very prestigious in the Morning Joe world. 

Now she is on later. She was excited about a women's conference with Senator Gillenbrand.

joe made an analogy of tea party protests being ignored by the media in 2009. The media were caught off guard with the 2010 election results. 

The panel hopes that the protests against Trump lead to a Democrat comeback in 2018

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

The Hill is a conservative, Anti-Hillary rag.  The author is a conservative water-carrier.  The article was June 20.  The article states WITHIN ITSELF that the allegations you "easily googled" are meaningless.   She had lunches with non-administration civilians... some of whom had been donors.  Ooooooooh.  Evil.  EVIL!
I love reading daily about how much you hate Hillary Clinton.  Doesn't get old.
It's especially fun now, given the shit that Joe and crew tried to tie her to, when we can see with literal truth Trump is actually worse than the worst allegations directed towards Clinton.  All allegations towards the Clintons over time combined, and we're 4 weeks in.
Hillary's lunches with donors and State/FBI/CIA/Pentagon's belief in the first 4 days afterwards that the video that was causing global riots may have caused the attack in Benghazi... that they retracted within 7 days.  Yep.  She's evil.  Worse than actually collaborating with Russians to steal the election.
Know what's fun?  the reason it's known who Hillary Clinton had lunch with a few times during her tenure as SoS is because of a level of Congressional digging and undivided focus that we'll never see investigate Trump's many-tentacled ties to Russia.  Lunches > Russia because "Clinton."  Seems about right.

Wow! Joe has frequently criticized Rice for being out of the loop on Benghazi.joe said Obama refused to give her the Secretary of Dtate Job & ended up giving her the NSC job as a d'avoir. Joe said that Obama & Ben Rhodes did the foreign policy job for her. Joe said that Rice was sidelined by Obama & wasn't involved in key meetings.

I hate spellcheck. Rice was supposed to get the Secretary of State Job according to Joe.

Joe said Rice was a laughingstock for the Benghazi you tube video, so the best Obama could do for her was give her the NSC job.

Joe said no one payed any attention to her from 2013-2016

AWESOME  Kasey Hunt just did a thing when she asked both Republicans and Democrats what their opinion was of yesterday's Press Conference.  She had a large blue or red bar under each Congressperson's response.  To the number, all the Republicans were in a meeting of some sort and hadn't seen it.  HAHAHAHHA

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 5

I would like to know where Joe gets the idea that the Tea Party protests were "ignored by the media"...!!  Were we living in an alternate universe?  That is ALL you saw on the morning shows (MSNBC, CNN and fox) back in the day.  I would watch, horrified, as they were covered constantly, every hateful utterance repeated, recycled over and over, 24/7.  Am I imagining this?  All the "leaders" got hours and hours of face time on every "news"channel.  

At this point I feel we are going to have to rely on the print media to do any actual reporting and investigation.  The Smug Patrol that is Morning Joe is only interested in having "insiders" on; most of whom, by the way, have not been truly relevant for a long time.  I think my head is going to explode.  I have actually switched to CNN and Chris Cuomo and Alyson Cam-something in the morning for MY needed morning outrage.  Camerata?  Camorata?  (She is turning out to be way better than I originally thought).  Didn't she come from fox?  Maybe I need to get over MY prejudices.

• Love 5

To the number, all the Republicans were in a meeting of some sort and hadn't seen it.  HAHAHAHHA

Still celebrating Valentine's Day with their wives? 

1 hour ago, Kemper said:

I would like to know where Joe gets the idea that the Tea Party protests were "ignored by the media"...!!  Were we living in an alternate universe?  That is ALL you saw on the morning shows (MSNBC, CNN and fox) back in the day.  I would watch, horrified, as they were covered constantly, every hateful utterance repeated, recycled over and over, 24/7.  Am I imagining this?  All the "leaders" got hours and hours of face time on every "news"channel.

If it wasn't covered where did they get all the footage to compare Tea Party protests to the Women's March, etc?

1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

AWESOME  Kasey Hunt just did a thing when she asked both Republicans and Democrats what their opinion was of yesterday's Press Conference.  She had a large blue or red bar under each Congressperson's response.  To the number, all the Republicans were in a meeting of some sort and hadn't seen it.  HAHAHAHHA

I like Kasie. She is quite funny. 

Morning Joe have to up their game. Halperin & Heileman lost their Bloomberg jobs. Now they are introduced as game change boys. Barnicle gets called legendary but doesn't do much other than an occasional daily beast article. 

• Love 1
On 2/17/2017 at 8:19 AM, WhineandCheez said:

Mika said something so stupendously awesome that I had to pull off the road and write it down (I listen via Sirius while commuting):  (KAC is) "a blithering media-obsessed clothing seller."  ME-OW.  LOOOOOVE IT 10,000 times.  Go Mika!!!!!!

Mika loves bean a mean girl. It's sad that Joe eliminated her women's issues power summits from 8:30-9 am. Last year, before the election heated up , Mika used to get a half an hour segment to herself & her women's issues friends like Arianna Huffington & Tina Brown to talk about issues. Joe would go into the producer booth & make some comments.

• Love 1
On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 8:38 AM, oakville said:

I like Kasie. She is quite funny. 

Morning Joe have to up their game. Halperin & Heileman lost their Bloomberg jobs. Now they are introduced as game change boys. Barnicle gets called legendary but doesn't do much other than an occasional daily beast article. 

Kasie should appear more often. As should Hallie Jackson, Katy Tur, Joy Reid, Chris Jansing, and a couple more I'm blanking on. Alas, Joe and Mika avoid that level of competition on anything approaching a steady basis.

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, suomi said:

Kasie should appear more often. As should Hallie Jackson, Katy Tur, Joy Reid, Chris Jansing, and a couple more I'm blanking on. Alas, Joe and Mika avoid that level of competition on anything approaching a steady basis.

Agreed. I understand that Joe is friendly with Barnicle so he can get tickets to the Red Sox & be part of the cool crowd on Cape Cod & Nantucket. Halperin occasionally makes me laugh, but he spouts too much beltway jibber jabber. Heileman is good but he is very upset with Trump as President. He is cranky.

However, it is time to freshen up the panel. I like Donnie Deutsh more now than in the past when he used to salivate over Mika. Donnie is one of the few people that has known Trump for 20 + years & he can see what Trump is doing as a "branding" exercise.

Joe's head is spinning now that Bolton might be nominated to replace Flynn. Joe was mocking him as SOS, but now seems to like him on twitter.

Kasie was very smart to chase after the GOP congressmen who were all in a "meeting" during Trump's press conference. Kasie does well with simple questions to Congressmen to see what they think. Sometimes they give bizarre answers. I like all the people you mentioned.

Edited by oakville
spelling
  • Love 1

I don't think Meeeekaaah really wants any of the "Girls on the Bus" women to appear on Morning Blow regularly...she likes being the Queen Bee and probably wouldn't want a steady stream of attractive, young, smart women to appear regularly.  Know your value, huh?  They all seem a lot quicker on their feet and are in different places in their lives than she is.  She doesn't have to really try anymore; just bleach your hear, sit, show your legs once in awhile and then preeeen. Oh, and smirk and squint.  Have I covered it? 

• Love 7

I watch this show every day and have never seen Mika treat Katy Tur, Kristen Welker, or Kasie Hunt with anything other than with warmth and respect. I know there's a weird gleeful enjoyment by some of the tired sexist trope of middle-aged women resenting younger ones, but I just don't see it here.

• Love 3

I was trying to do some research on Morning Joe's ratings. The most recent total viewer number I found on Drudge was 960K . In August 2015, they had total ratings below 500K. This is an incredible increase. Joe's most recent contract pays him $8M per year. Will he get a ratings bonus? I would think that actual ratings for Morning Joe are higher because the show probably airs in Gyms, airports , hotels etc which don't count as Nielsen home ratings.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/monday-cable-ratings-morning-joe-beats-new-day-in-demo-and-total-2/

It amazes me how much money you can make being on Morning TV.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Kemper said:

I don't think Meeeekaaah really wants any of the "Girls on the Bus" women to appear on Morning Blow regularly...she likes being the Queen Bee and probably wouldn't want a steady stream of attractive, young, smart women to appear regularly.  Know your value, huh?  They all seem a lot quicker on their feet and are in different places in their lives than she is.  She doesn't have to really try anymore; just bleach your hear, sit, show your legs once in awhile and then preeeen. Oh, and smirk and squint.  Have I covered it? 

I do think that Mika treats Kasie,Katy & Kristen fairly well. She used to mock Savannah Guthrie when she was the WH Correspondent in the early days of Obama's presidency. Savannah now has a  higher profile job at NBC than Mika. Mika did do a few guest spots on the Today Show from 2010-2014 , but the viewer reaction was very negative. I think she was worried about Norah O Donnell or Chris Jansing replacing her. Norah & Willie made an excellent pairing, when Mika & Joe were on vacation. Norah had a very funny laugh. She was funnier that Cackles Wallace.

I wish I could retrieve my forum posts from Telivision without Pity from that time period. I did daily recaps back then.

A few years ago, Mika & Joe almost quit MSNBC to join the CBS Morning Show with Chris Licht as Executive Producer.

They couldn't work out a deal but they hired Norah & Charlie Rose instead.

• Love 1

My mistake. The Mika-Miley Feud was in 2010. Mika was outraged by Miley's pole dancing which scared her 11 year old daughter. The comments on the site were hilarious. At that time Mika & Joe used to have special screen shots of them together in bars, taxis, New York City etc. I believe this fight occurred before Mika's risque posing on the top of a piano in a short skirt with her legs in the air. It is interesting to note that other NBC News females like Andrea Mitchell, Savannah Guthrie or Kasie Hunt have never done those poses. Can you imagine Andrea on a piano with Alan Greenspan? Mika complaining about Miley's sexuality is hypocritical given her sexy poses in Vanity Fair with Joe..

http://www.mediaite.com/online/oh-its-on-miley-cyrus-calls-out-mika-for-pole-dance-criticism/

• Love 1

I  don't know how to quote something on here...I can only type straight-on.  When I talked about Meeekaaah not maybe being welcoming to younger female reporters, I thought we were talking about having one of them replace one of the usual smugs...like Halperin or Mike Red Sox.  I still don't think she would be happy about a regular younger, smarter, more attractive female reporter/personality.  Since I am an old, Bleeding Heart, Leftist, Senior Citizen, I don't think my comments are sexist.  I can't stand Joe either.  For all the same reasons.

Wait, not MORE attractive.  I should have just put "attractive"..because Meeekaaah is attractive.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I  don't know how to quote something on here...I can only type straight-on.  When I talked about Meeekaaah not maybe being welcoming to younger female reporters, I thought we were talking about having one of them replace one of the usual smugs...like Halperin or Mike Red Sox.  I still don't think she would be happy about a regular younger, smarter, more attractive female reporter/personality.  Since I am an old, Bleeding Heart, Leftist, Senior Citizen, I don't think my comments are sexist.  I can't stand Joe either.  For all the same reasons.

Wait, not MORE attractive.  I should have just put "attractive"..because Meeekaaah is attractive.

Look for the " to quote other posts. Mika did view Norah O Donnell & Savannah Guthrie as threats to her job. It would have been easy to replace Mika  with Norah & Savannah or Chris Jansing. Joe was offered a job with CBS Morning show before Norah & Charlie Rose were hired but they refused to hire Mika. Joe decided to stay with Mika on MSNBC.

• Love 1

Joe is tweeting from Jupiter Florida today. This is close to Mar a Largo. Hopefully, Joe had some time to meet with President Trump. A summit meeting between these two titans of Blowhardism would help calm the nation.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Kemper said:

I  don't know how to quote something on here...I can only type straight-on.  

Kemper, to quote you can either click on the quotation marks icon within the post you'd like to quote or highlight a particular line of a post and then hover over it with your cursor until the "quote this" appears. 

• Love 1

Mika was also in Jupiter Florida this weekend. It may be a coincidence that Joe is there as well. Can Mika & Joe take time out of their busy schedules to meet with President Trump?

Our former Prime Minister of Canada, Brian Mulroney  was busy singing for President Trump at a Cancer fundraiser at Mar a Largo last night.

Joe can play guitar. Mika is good with a  tambourine. Can Mika & Joe perform for Trump?

• Love 1

LOVING this show without Joe or that idiot who burps sounds when sitting next to him.   How fucking pleasant is it to have adult men and adult women calmly discuss events without being intimidated?  It's very pleasant (and informative), is the answer. 
Whaddya know?  A morning political news show can exist without histrionics, lies, bloviation, and aggression.   I picked the right day to start back.

And shit.  As soon as I typed that, he appears from a different location.  Muted, then channel turned.  Find that action in your metrics, MSNBC programmers.

• Love 5