Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

me while watching morning joe: NO SHIT SHERLOCK. THIS IS WHAT EVERYONE HAS BEEN SAYING SINCE DAY 1

Mika is blathering on about how he is unfit for the job, joe is saying he has no impulse control, yadda yadda

HELLOOOOO? you're just now seeing this? no. and yeah, i blame both of them for part of why we're all on this sinking ship. 

oh my god, the hypocrisy. it burrrrnnns

• Love 13

I'd say Mika and Joe have absolutely no credibility left when it comes to trump.   For the first time I actually looked at trump's twitter account and I'm struck that he called President Obama "bad (or sick) guy".  There is no low that trump won't go to and people like Joe and company (all those Repubs who put party before country) should quite acting surprised.   It's not like this is one issue that you disagree with your guy on - I can't imagine every agreeing 100% with any politician -.  Wasn't it just last week that Joe was praising trump for being so presidential?   It's scary thinking that trump, bannon, etc have access to the deepest workings of our government.

I remember during the election Mika, Joe and Donny D had a conversation where M & J were talking about how trump in private was not like the trump in public - at that time I believe it was some racist issue - and Donny agreed and then he said that's what makes it so much more alarming/scary and how he couldn't vote for him (I'm paraphrasing).

• Love 5

Transcript of Today's rant by Mika. "It's not Funny"

MSNBC - Morning Joe
3/6/17
6AM TEASE
[6:08:00 - 6:12:29  ]

MIKA BRZEZINSKI: What the -- what the hell? I'm sorry.

JOE SCARBOROUGH: How do they go out and say if this did happen.

BRZEZINSKI: That is just the–

SCARBOROUGH: They might as well have said if George W. Bush–

BRZEZINSKI: This White House is a joke

SCARBOROUGH: kill– helped O.J. Simpson kill Nicole Brown- that would be the biggest scandal of all time. If Barack Obama had something to do with John Benet Ramsey's death, that would be the biggest political scandal of all time. I mean if–  She (Sarah Huckabee Sanders) might as well have gone out and said that. There is no evidence, Mark Halperin, nor will there ever be any evidence that Barack Obama, himself, ordered the tapping of Donald Trump's phones in Trump Tower and let us not be too clever here.

BRZEZINSKI: No.

SCARBOROUGH: And try -- and try to save the President from his own words. That is exactly what he stated happened on Twitter Saturday morning. Not that the FBI went to the FISA court and they investigated the Russians and maybe intercepted some calls– No. Donald Trump said Barack Obama in the closing stages of his political campaign intercepted his phone calls in Trump Towers. Where do we go from here?

MARK HALPERIN: Yeah, so the irony is I think what has set the President off as much as anything else is a feeling that there are anonymous sources in Washington fueling news stories that are putting him on the defensive. And now you have the FBI director, people saying anonymously on his behalf, that he wants a statement saying that this isn't true. So, I agree that it will play out over time with the intelligence committees. It’ll play out over time within the white House staff as they try to figure out how to deal with this and try not to answer questions about it. But I think that immediately today, the question is this challenge basically, almost semipublic challenge, the director of the FBI has said to the justice department, say this isn't true. And if they don't act today, it will be fascinating to see what Comey does. This is the exact situation that Steve Bannon, the President, and others in the White House, really bristle against which is anonymous powerful Washington figures going after him.

SCARBOROUGH: Right— So Mark Halpern, though, what does the white house gain by the -- by the President of the – by Steve Bannon, most likely handing the President of the United States a Breitbart article–

BRZEZINSKI: A Breitbart article

SCARBOROUGH: And–  talking about what a rabid right wing talk show host has been theorizing? Why does the President of the United States use those sources instead of his Intel sources and goes out and tweets, and starts a tweet storm that actually has Washington, D.C. at war with each other?

HALPERIN: Well why he does it again, I think it's because, like all Presidents we have ever covered, he doesn't feel people are defending him. He has got the power to defend himself. And it leaves the White House with less credibility on Capitol Hill, less credibility clearly with the media and amongst a lot of Republicans and distracted from a very complicated legislative agenda. So, the after action report in the administration, I can't find anybody who is happy that this happened. They are trying now to contain the damage and see if it's possible that that Spicer statement allows them to move on. But it's a– as Mike suggested it’s not an extraordinary Donald Trump tweet storm, it’s one that’s gonna have implications for a while.

SCARBOROUGH: No. This is not. Mika- he tweeted about Arnold Schwarzenegger later. He’s tweeted– I mean again, you can just – talk about undignified and un-presidential that is. But that just doesn't even matter next to charges against the 44th President of the United States and the FBI and everybody else. This is completely reckless and I could not find one person inside the White House -- and I spoke to many this weekend -- that defended Donald Trump. They were all scratching their heads saying they had no idea what this man was thinking.

BRZEZINSKI: Behind the scenes --

SCARBOROUGH:  Also!

BRZEZINSKI: Yeah?

SCARBOROUGH: And we haven't talked about this. He left in a rage on Friday afternoon. He was in a rage all weekend, reports have it.

BRZEZINSKI: Because he just discovered that Attorney General lied?

SCARBOROUGH: Yeah, because it was discovered that his Attorney General lied. So he is mad that his staff --

BRZEZINSKI: His little speech good coverage went away

SCARBOROUGH: Maybe if his people -- stopped lying.

BRZEZINSKI: This is a very small man.

SCARBOROUGH: Maybe if these people would stop lying about their contacts with Russia, maybe he could get out of the way and get some good press but they can't stop lying.

BRZEZINSKI: I am going to get to President Obama's response in just a moment. But Harold, you know, there is a lot of reporting I have behind the scenes that Reince Priebus is flailing, to say the least, at his job -- I'm hearing that from Bob – Acosta, Robert Acosta who is coming on later to talk about all of the different source he has on a story that’s similar. But I also don't understand why the former head of Breitbart appears to be handing the President some fake news and the President is just rifting on it wildly with no sense that he is President of the United States, no respect for the office, and calling a former President of the United States unbelievable names. And we are at a low point in American history and I don't know how anybody can defend this President, even if it's their job. Like you've got to have a job after this. You've got to look in the mirror after this. Sarah Huckabee or whoever is going to speak out next. You have to look in the mirror and think about this country after this is over. You need to think of the end game here, because there is one at the rate we are going. Harold?        

HAROLD FORD JR: I agree with you. I think this, to everyone's point, this is a historic affront to the decency and the prestige of the office of the presidency...

(....)

[8:16:35 -  8:16:55]

BRZEZINSKI: And when you are out speaking for President Trump, I would urge you not laugh at yourself. Because this is not funny. This is really bad. Just for the record, we are all really nervous. So, if people out there feel nervous, we do, too. And we don't think this is funny

6 hours ago, wings707 said:

I stopped watching months ago but I do a drive by, here occasionally.  Thank you for reminding me why I no longer tune in.  ***kisses*** 

It's a bit of a comedy show now. Mika & Joe veer from bragging about their personal relationship with Trump to crying or bitching about Trump's latest antics.

• Love 6

Tuesday Recap interrupted by cable outage. Joe is off today. Mika is dressed in a maroon sweater . It looks like something you could wear if you were going horseback riding. It is appropriate because she is on her high horse today with respect to Trump. Posh katty is wearing the same colored top. Mika is mad that no one wanted to show up to defend the GOP healthcare plan.

Mika is mad at the accusations that Obama orderd the wiretapping. Turley said Trump cannot be impeached for bad tweets.

Mika is outraged at everything that is going on with Trump. Mika said it was a nightmare.

Howard Dean refused to disclose his healthcare lobbying business and said that Trump plan will make people sick

• Love 4
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Howard Dean refused to disclose his healthcare lobbying business and said that Trump plan will make people sick

Oakville, did Dean actively refuse to disclose he's now a lobbyist for Dentons, or did he fail to disclose it? I missed the first hour or so. 

Is Barnicle for real, asking Keith Ellison what he would tell a young suburban couple to assure them that the Democrats haven't swerved too far to the left? Ellison should have responded, look at the new DNC chair, don't worry, we're as beholden to corporate interests as before. 

Nice to hear from Foghorn Leghorn at the end to explain the big problem is all these uppity poor and middle class people selecting deluxe health care plans under the ACA, they need to go back to the bare bones coverage that barely covers anything because that will sure keep costs under control (for the insurance companies.)

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

Nice to hear from Foghorn Leghorn at the end to explain the big problem is all these uppity poor and middle class people selecting deluxe health care plans under the ACA, they need to go back to the bare bones coverage that barely covers anything because that will sure keep costs under control (for the insurance companies.)

Yes, how dare they expect comprehensive insurance coverage for a reasonable cost! The nerve!

I wanted to reach into the TV and smack Halperin when he repeated the tired conservative trope about "The ACA was rushed to the Senate floor without any Republican input and it wasn't bipartisan!"

Except for the part where it was a Republican/Heritage Foundation plan to begin with, it was debated for MONTHS in Congress, and the final bill contained 161 Republican-requested amendments. But, yeah, no Republican input.

• Love 9

Except for the part where it was a Republican/Heritage Foundation plan to begin with, it was debated for MONTHS in Congress, and the final bill contained 161 Republican-requested amendments. But, yeah, no Republican input.

And it was posted on the internet for a month.

Did Joe & Mika break up? He's either in the bunker or off, or vice versa. Trouble in Paradise? 

2 hours ago, oakville said:

Tuesday Recap interrupted by cable outage. Joe is off today. Mika is dressed in a maroon sweater . It looks like something you could wear if you were going horseback riding. It is appropriate because she is on her high horse today with respect to Trump.

Oakville, your characterization of Meek-a and her faux outrage is spot on!  I hope someone on that panel had the presence of mind to remind her that she and her boyfriend bear a great deal of responsibility for enabling, attempting to normalize and collaborating with Trump.  Or, is that too much, like right?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, General Days said:

Oakville, did Dean actively refuse to disclose he's now a lobbyist for Dentons, or did he fail to disclose it? I missed the first hour or so. 

Mika always introduces him as Governor Dean. Same issue with Harold Ford jr not disclosing financial job

Mika has a hellalotta outrage.  She's gonna adopt a refugee.  I wonder how many refugees one can find in the South of France?

Well, in fairness to Mika, she is on the board of the UN Commission for refugees, and has been saying for two months that she's trying to sponsor a Syrian refugee family to come to the US. (It was reported in some newspapers.) She gets a lot of crap on this board, some of it deserved, but I believe her bona fides on this.

They really should disclose the current employment of their regulars or frequent guests. Another one is Rattner, who they usually introduce as the former chairman of the committee to save the auto industry, but neglect to mention is currently a big shot at an investment firm. 

Mika said she heard reports that Trump knows he went too far with the wiretapping stuff. Did she give a source for that?

Maybe the comments from Sean Spicer, that the WH would not be commenting further.  

Except they keep sending Conway and Sanders out to tell everyone about Trump's double secret super intelligence that no one else has. 

• Love 2

Mika said, “I have some reporting that the president actually knows he messed up and won't admit it”.  So maybe there's a scintilla of hope that sometimes Trump can admit he's made a mistake?

37 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

Mika said, “I have some reporting that the president actually knows he messed up and won't admit it”.  So maybe there's a scintilla of hope that sometimes Trump can admit he's made a mistake?

I have a feeling those around him (not bannon) are the ones who have to tell him he is going too far. sad thing is, it is done. that is the issue that freaks me out. as president, you cant just be like "did i say that? oops. my bad"

• Love 2

Mika has a hellalotta outrage.  She's gonna adopt a refugee.  I wonder how many refugees one can find in the South of France?

Well, in fairness to Mika, she is on the board of the UN Commission for refugees, and has been saying for two months that she's trying to sponsor a Syrian refugee family to come to the US. (It was reported in some newspapers.) She gets a lot of crap on this board, some of it deserved, but I believe her bona fides on this.

I apologize to her then.  I will go back to pistolwhipping Joe, in my mind.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

Yeah well.
She used her major national political news show to support and promote the man who is preventing refugees from coming to America.  So, gee, if she weren't such a fucking idiot, she could sponsor Syrian refugees with more ease.  In fact, if she ever actually did care about refugees, she'd have fought tooth and nail to prevent a Trump presidency.  She did not.  So, she can eat the crap.
Her liberal guilt and expansive humanitarianism extends to helping 1 family, but ends when she could have helped all of them?  That math doesn't work out.
"But, emails!"

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Morrigan said:

Sure thing.  Right after pigs fly.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Mika & Joe are probably freaking out these days. Because  Trumps tweets about Fox & Friends instead of their show

The fact that Trump watches the morning show equivalent of the "New Zoo Review" doesn't bother them.  The reality that a man who is untethered from reality and common decency (that they enabled) is running the country does.  It bothers most of us.

• Love 4

The fact that Trump watches the morning show equivalent of the "New Zoo Review" doesn't bother them. 

I take umbrage on behalf of the New Zoo Review for this remark. Lol.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, revbfc said:

The fact that Trump watches the morning show equivalent of the "New Zoo Review" doesn't bother them.  The reality that a man who is untethered from reality and common decency (that they enabled) is running the country does.  It bothers most of us.

Don't mess with Freddie the Frog. He's my boy. :)  

Did anyone else catch the guy that think that we aren't praising Wall Street enough? I had to Google the guy. It was weird. He's actually a long time Wall Street guy, shocker.

• Love 1
(edited)

Wednesday Recap. Mika & Joe are back together. Mika is wearing a tight fitting red sweater. Joe is wearing a suit.

First topic. Joe defended Mika about her "sad,mad,Crying" outburst yesterday,Mika's outbursts were discussed on Fox's outnumbered. Mika was upset that the women on the show wear short skirts & have long legs. Mika forgot about posing with her legs in the air with Joe & having a commercial filmed with her waking up in bed with Donnie Deutsh.

Mika is fed up with Trump. Mika is mad that people outside her bubble still like Trump. Mika was mad that people think Joe is strong when he goes on a amped up rant in front of the camera. Uhh No. I think Joe looks like a pompous fool when he goes on a rant.

Mika is mad at Fox & Friends.

Joe said that business people & conservatives want the tax cuts & a Supreme Court justice,

Joe said that people don't care about the palace intrigue & the Washington Circus. Mika is mad that n one cares what she thinks.

Barnicle said that people love it when Trump pounds the media.

Joe is happy that ratings at CNN & his show are doing better. Joe said no one trusts the media but they like watching Trump beat up on the media.

Ratner the "economic czar" did not mention his job at a hedge fund or settement in the "Pay for Play " scandal in NY State.

Mika said she respects people who voted for Trump. Really?

Mika is mad that Trump accused Obama of committing a felony.

Mika doesn't believe it when Trump tweets.

Joe is being nice to Mika today.

Mika trashed 5 guys reading Breitbart in the Oval office.

The panel is demanding that Trump call people in the CIA etc to find out about Obama's wiretapping of Trump.

Mika is very sarcastic today. It makes me laugh.

David Ignatius was happy that the GOP didn't ram through the repeal of healthcare. David said at least they are fighting in public.

Joe said that health care is very messy.

Joe bragged that he & Mika had an excellent health care plan with NBC.

Halperin who is now an offical NBC employee said that there should bi partisan support for healthcare.

Joe wants more medicaid.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 1

Joe bragged that he got elected to Congress in 1994 because his opponent listened to Clinton and voted for tax increases.

David Ignatius said that Obama hated shmoozing people in Congress. He said that Trump would get support by shmoozing people in Congress.

Joe said Trump's stupid tweets will cost him support in Congress.

Joe said Trump lies .

• Love 1

I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that.

• Love 5
(edited)

I know there's a lot to cover today, I commend them for sticking to what is relatively tangible (the health care bills, the veracity of POTUS's accusations), and I give them credit for keeping their cool today.  What I am surprised by is not mentioning the Carter Page trip to Moscow (during the campaign) at all.

Maybe they'll get to it in the last 30 minutes.

ETA: Nope.

Edited by revbfc

Thought today's show was pretty - but I dvr and fast forward thru senators/congressmen interviews.

Joe was still down on trump - I think he even used the word "lies".  Waiting for his pivot back to (talking ab trump) "this is the man I know."

Watching some of this today just reminded me of how stupid too many voters are or that the competition for senator/congressman is just plain awful.  Who votes for that Nunes guy???

I loved the clips of the press questions to Sean Spicer.  The reporters  asked very good questions.  But then you have characters like Spicer and Nunes saying don't take trump literally.  Well when should we believe what he says?  And yes it is a waste of taxpayer money and congress' time trying to find info trump supposedly  has.  Do I have confidence that Nunes committee will ever issue a report that clearly states trump wasn't truthful - about as much confidence that George Clooney will be my next husband.

I swear if it wasn't for the fact that I have three family members on Obamacare (and are three are happy with their plans) I'd love to see a complete repeal and cuts to medicare/Medicaid.  That might be the only thing that finally gets some of these red state people to wake up.   But then again, they're going to get those great jobs with benefits that trump touts so they won't need any government medical care.

• Love 2
On 3/7/2017 at 9:54 AM, teddysmom said:

And it was posted on the internet for a month.

Did Joe & Mika break up? He's either in the bunker or off, or vice versa. Trouble in Paradise? 

What do you mean by the bunker?

5 hours ago, teddysmom said:

The one where he "answers" Hallie Jackson. If she understood his answer she's a better woman than I.  

They all probably picture him in the Easter Bunny outfit when he talks.

Mika & Joe would kiss Trump's feet if he came on their show, although I love them bashing him a bit more every day.  

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I think Oakville coined the phrase in the recaps. It's where ever Joe is when he isn't on set but appearing from a studio somewhere. 

The usual bunker is in his Connecticut home, but sometimes it may be at other locations.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, cased said:

Mika doesn't need to dress like that anymore, now that she's got her man.

To give Mika credit I believe she no longer dresses like that because she doesn't believe a woman should have to, to be on tv and has gained enough power (and perhaps that power was gained thru her relationship with Joe) that she could dress less sexy. She seems to have gone for, uhh, a more casual look (apple picking).  It's a well known fact that Fox News and Fox business requires their female anchors to have a certain look and to dress to show that look off. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, novhappy said:

To give Mika credit I believe she no longer dresses like that because she doesn't believe a woman should have to, to be on tv and has gained enough power (and perhaps that power was gained thru her relationship with Joe) that she could dress less sexy. She seems to have gone for, uhh, a more casual look (apple picking).  It's a well known fact that Fox News and Fox business requires their female anchors to have a certain look and to dress to show that look off. 

Whatever the reason, I am glad Mika feels she does not have to dress sexy all the time.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, cased said:

The usual bunker is in his Connecticut home, but sometimes it may be at other locations.

It is a mobile Bunker. The Bunker contains a nice green screen & a suit & tie. It is soundproofed so that Joe's shouting does not disturb the neighbours.

Joe doesn't like Mika's adopted dogs , rabbits & other animals in the Bunker because they make a mess.

Mika did propose a closet for her scarves.

Thursday Recap.

Joe is in the Bunker. Mika is on set with a black sweater. Everyone is against Trumpcare. It will never pass.

Joe said he was elected to Congress to fight healthcare by Hillary.

Joe said the White House should pay attention to him.

Mika mocked Trump & joked that Obama was a felon.

Joe said he is a Washington insider & Trump needs his expertise at getting deals done.

Smirky Kristol came on to make fun of Trump not knowing anything about Congress rules.

Joe said this is a disaster like Obamacare.

Shmidt said there is a Trump party, Democratic Party & GOP.

• Love 1

Scmidt said the Trump party should focus on tax reform & infrastructure.

Huntsman is the Ambassador to Russia. The panel disn't care too much because his daughter is a co host on the highly rated Fox & Friends.

They showed a clip of Unruly Andrea Mitchell getting thrown out of White Houe for shouting.

Mika & Joe love Trump for having Pizza & Bowling night at the White Houe.

Joe mocked Obama for being a bad bowler.

Joe is bragging about hi days in Congress.

• Love 1

I must be missing something because I see nothing wrong or objectionable with the photo.

Joe was doubly disingenuous this morning when they were discussing Trump's bowling party to bash Obama with his tired criticism that Obama never reached out or socialized with Congress. This is horseshit for two reasons. (1) Trump's bowling party was for surrogates and allies - hardly "reaching out." (2) The myth that Obama was aloof and unfriendly and that is why Congress wouldn't work with him is a bag of crap Joe constantly pushes and it is factually inaccurate. Obama reached out several times to GOP reps and senators with movie nights, etc. and was rebuffed every time. Not a one of them accepted his invitations. He eventually gave up because it was clear the orders had been issued by GOP leadership to shun him.

That said, I did appreciate Joe reminding people that the arrogance and stupidity of the Clinton health care proposal in 1993 ushered in his wave of Republicans in 1994. Maybe history will repeat itself.

• Love 6

They showed a clip of Unruly Andrea Mitchell getting thrown out of White Houe for shouting.

I love that MSNBC has already made a promo for Mitchell's show based on the kerfuffle.  Unfortunately, they'll probably ride it until the wheels come off.

• Love 1