Type keyword(s) to search

Watch What Happens Live Past Seasons

• Start Topic

On 11/5/2017 at 8:27 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

Maybe, she's tired of the fight, although, that seems unlike Kathy.  But, won't she be okay financially to just stick with touring or even to just retire?  I mean, she'll be okay financially, right? 

She is notoriously frugal and financially savvy, likely a result of being raised by Depression-era parents and not coming into wealth until later in life. But like most artists, she makes most of her money from touring, and she has *no* upcoming dates in America. No venue or promoter will take that risk right now. Maybe she'll be like the Dixie Chicks where hindsight is 20/20, but picking fights in the media with Cooper, Cohen, Levin, and Lisa Bloom isn't gonna help her.

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, Caseysgirl said:

Colin Hanks on "WWHL" tonight was having none of it.  I'm not sure why he even agreed to be a guest, except to promote his documentary.  He didn't seem to be having any fun.

I was switching through channels and saw Colin's face.  I didn't stop to watch though.  I wonder if he's ever seen the show.  It seems that if you don't realize what the show is, your expectations may be too high.  It seems that if a guest approaches it as big bowl of ridiculousness, it works out better.  Sort of like, it's a joke to even be on the show. Then, you can laugh and have a good time.  But, maybe, I don't know what the show is really like.  The more I learn about Andy, the more I do wonder if he's as amusing as I thought he was.  Maybe, I should read Andy's books to get a better picture, but, I'm not sure I want to devote that much time. 

Maybe, I'm naive, but, I'm not sure that Kathy attacking Cooper, Cohen, Levin and Lisa Bloom is harmful to her, long term.  Except for Anderson, I think the others aren't that admired by the public.  And, I think that tearing into respected people in the media, doesn't necessarily mean that there will be consequences.  I think things have changed since the Dixie Chix.   I can see Kathy coming back from this, but, why bother?  I just don't get all that desire to be in a mean business that rips you apart.  Not when you don't have to do it to live comfortably.   

• Love 2
5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Maybe, I'm naive, but, I'm not sure that Kathy attacking Cooper, Cohen, Levin and Lisa Bloom is harmful to her, long term.  Except for Anderson, I think the others aren't that admired by the public. 

Totally agree.  KG may be on the downside of the pendulum swing now, but that pendulum will swing back upward.

5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I can see Kathy coming back from this, but, why bother?  I just don't get all that desire to be in a mean business that rips you apart.  Not when you don't have to do it to live comfortably. 

Reminds me of that scene in the Joan Rivers documentary where JR tells of her fear of an empty calendar, no touring dates.  Kathy's like Joan, a total workaholic whose self-esteem is so tied up in their work.  Kathy's best bet is take a year off, reconnect with family, get some rest, have some fun, read the papers, and then come back guns ablazin'!

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Totally agree.  KG may be on the downside of the pendulum swing now, but that pendulum will swing back upward.

Reminds me of that scene in the Joan Rivers documentary where JR tells of her fear of an empty calendar, no touring dates.  Kathy's like Joan, a total workaholic whose self-esteem is so tied up in their work.  Kathy's best bet is take a year off, reconnect with family, get some rest, have some fun, read the papers, and then come back guns ablazin'!

Yes, that makes sense if you are lost without your work.  I worked for a guy like that once. He was so obsessed with it.  We were required to work, even when it wasn't necessary.  All because he wanted others in the office and just being in that work environment.  He seemed to value that over all else. I never could understand it.  And, Joan R. was that way too. I never did get it.  The saying is that when you love what you do, you never work a day in your life.  Go figure.  It seems to me that life for a female comic is pretty brutal.  I can think of a few and they have really been raked over the coals.  I hope that it's all worth it in the end. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
On 11/8/2017 at 5:11 AM, Caseysgirl said:

Colin Hanks on "WWHL" tonight was having none of it.  I'm not sure why he even agreed to be a guest, except to promote his documentary.  He didn't seem to be having any fun.

He laughed a little here and there, but there was a point where the camera turned to him and his eyes were looking off into the distance, daydreaming. I thought "Wow, he is really bored". [see below] He also didn't make any guesses about which lines were his father's from any of his movies. They could have said "Wilson!" and he probably would have sat there and let Kate answer. Maybe, he was tired and ready for bed. 

hanks copy.jpeg

Edited by 7-Zark-7
  • Love 2

Rosie has had a very dramatic, difficult life and I can’t imagine the nightmare of being in Trump’s crosshairs.  Boy does she seem like a dark, sad person.  There wasn’t a moment of levity with her tonight and she seemed to have tension with Joy.

I LOVED the show last night.  I knew that I wanted to see it when I saw the guests were Rosie and Joy.  Maybe,. I'm just an old fart, but, I LOL A LOT!  The segment where they had to give a complement to certain high profile conservative figures.  lol   I liked the one about being a "proficient liar!"   

I didn't take it that Rosie was dark.  She's dating a rather young lady and thought she seemed grounded.  I wish she hadn't given the Kardasian's lip stick a plug.  Boo on that .  But, Rosie does suffer with depression, so, I get how that's a medical condition that you can't always control, even with meds.  I still saw her as looking good and healthier than she she did years ago.  I'm sure she has dealt with her share of issues, with her daughter's continuing hijinks and the recent death of her ex due to suicide. I thought her responses were thoughtful and I learned some things from both her and Joy. 

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I didn't take it that Rosie was dark. 

Same here.

8 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

she seemed grounded. 

Ditto, I haven't seen her look this balanced and measured in a long time.

10 hours ago, ninjago said:

she seemed to have tension with Joy.

I didn't see that at all, in fact I thought they seemed like old friends who were really comfortable with each other.

• Love 6
On 11/8/2017 at 7:11 AM, Caseysgirl said:

My take was that Andy was the problem.  His eyes, attention, and questions were almost entirely directed to Kate Hudson (she's hard to resist so I get it).  It didn't take long for Colin to see this was going to be Kate's show - not his.  Andy does that from time to time.  He'll focus on one guest more than the other and it is awkward.   I thought he did the same with Amy Sedaris and Henry Winkler.  He was all about Amy and very little about Henry.  Could be there are reasons we don't see, e.g. if one is an ass behind the scenes or something but I'd be really surprised if either Colin or Henry were that way.  They don't have that reputation anyway.

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I LOVED the show last night.  I knew that I wanted to see it when I saw the guests were Rosie and Joy.  Maybe,. I'm just an old fart, but, I LOL A LOT!  The segment where they had to give a complement to certain high profile conservative figures.  lol   I liked the one about being a "proficient liar!"   

I didn't take it that Rosie was dark.  She's dating a rather young lady and thought she seemed grounded.  I wish she hadn't given the Kardasian's lip stick a plug.  Boo on that .  But, Rosie does suffer with depression, so, I get how that's a medical condition that you can't always control, even with meds.  I still saw her as looking good and healthier than she she did years ago.  I'm sure she has dealt with her share of issues, with her daughter's continuing hijinks and the recent death of her ex due to suicide. I thought her responses were thoughtful and I learned some things from both her and Joy. 

I really loved Rosie and Joy together.  That was a super fun and funny episode.  If media reports are true, Rosie probably does have some issues on the home front, but it's moments like these that I really, really like her.  She is smart and logical, and funny. 

I'm glad she mentioned her take on Trump.  I spent high school in Atlantic City and Trump not paying family-owned and small-businesses for the work done in that city was all over the local media.  He hurt a lot of people and basically sucked the prospect of "small business" out of the town.  He could have really helped that city but instead, he sucked it dry.  I recall wondering why we didn't hear more of this during the election.  Seemed national media was all about Hilary's misdeeds which overshadowed Trump's.   I agree that the larger media missed the mark on this.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 8

I wasn't impressed by Colin Hanks either. WWHL is ridiculous, but Colin and his people shouldn't have agreed to the show if he wasn't up to it. Andy wasn't even being his most obnoxious self. I think the fault was entirely Colin's. His stepmother, Rita, has been on tons of times and it's never seemed nearly as awkward as Colin.

• Love 3
On 11/10/2017 at 10:02 AM, Jextella said:

He'll focus on one guest more than the other and it is awkward.   I thought he did the same with Amy Sedaris and Henry Winkler.  He was all about Amy and very little about Henry.  there are reasons we doCould be n't see, e.g. if one is an ass behind the scenes or something but I'd be really surprised if either Colin or Henry were that way.  They don't have that reputation anyway.

No, it's because Andy is the most ungracious and crappiest host that has ever hosted. 

Edited by bichonblitz
spelling
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Jextella said:

My take was that Andy was the problem.  His eyes, attention, and questions were almost entirely directed to Kate Hudson (she's hard to resist so I get it). 

She really is irresistible, isn't she?  Very much like her mom but she has her own special kinda charm.  

• Love 4
On 11/10/2017 at 1:37 PM, SuburbanHangSuite said:

She really is irresistible, isn't she?  Very much like her mom but she has her own special kinda charm.  

Kate played one of my most favorite characters in one of my most favorite movies ever.  I've adored her since then.  (She played Penny Lane in Almost Famous.)  I highly recommend it, if you've never seen it. It brings plenty of tears and laughs. Other standout roles too by Frances McDormand.

I recently saw Kate's son speaking on the red carpet!  OMG.  He is so eloquently articulate.  

I thought that was Whoopi on WWHL too!  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2

The aftershow with Rosie and Joy was fantastic and better than the actual show. I think games are great if you have two guests who are kind of introverted and have no connection to each other, but Rosie and Joy are comedians who have known each other for decades with plenty of shared back story. It was more enjoyable just listening to them speak.

• Love 4
On 11/12/2017 at 8:25 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

Kate played one of my most favorite characters in one of my most favorite movies ever.  I've adored her since then.  (She played Penny Lane in Almost Famous.)  I highly recommend it, if you've never seen it. It brings plenty of tears and laughs. Other standout roles too by Frances McDormand.

I recently saw Kate's son speaking on the red carpet!  OMG.  He is so eloquently articulate.  

I thought that was Whoopi on WWHL too!  

Goldie and Kurt did a fabulous job of raising Kate and Oliver Hudson (from her marriage to Bill Hudson).

9 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

There was soooo much tension between the members of Xscspe, I've never seen Andy more uncomfortable. Lord, where was the alcohol?! Never have guests needed it more.

Seriously.  I've been a Kandi fan for a long time, but after watching tonight it struck me how she gets into things with everyone.  I believe Kandi generally plays straight and honest, but I also think she takes advantage of some AND she can't handle it when others have the gall to question her when they move an inch out of HER comfort zone.  I'd like to see her develop some skills to deal with life when it ain't always perfect.  The lawsuit against her former employee did me in.  That guy is probably making peanuts and she is loaded.  Why go to such lengths to sue the guy.  Let him go and move on.  Over the top and unnecessary reaction (and I happen to believe him over her). 

This was pretty clear where Xscape is concerned.  It can't be Kandi's way so its the highway.  I thought it was interesting that Tiny gave a shout out to Porsha.   I thought it was also interesting that it was revealed that Kandi and Tiny didn't support Tamika when she was pregnant.  Kandi is all about wanting her apology, but it seems that a true friend would have supported Tamika in this situation.  Kandi is all about Kandi.    

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Goldie raised Kate's son? Hmmm.....I didn't realize that.  

My bad.  I meant to say that Goldie and Kurt did a great job of raising Goldie's children - Kate and Oliver - from her marriage to Bill Hudson.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

There was soooo much tension between the members of Xscspe, I've never seen Andy more uncomfortable. Lord, where was the alcohol?! Never have guests needed it more.

Yeah.  I think this this "reunion" is destined to be short-lived.  But I need to know who is buying the tix to these shows?  I love 90's music and I can only sing like, 3 Xscape songs--I wouldn't be paying for any show where they're they headliner.

• Love 4

Petty bullshit from Kathy Griffin. 

https://pagesix.com/2017/11/17/kathy-griffin-takes-another-low-blow-at-andy-cohen/amp/

• Andy has a lazy eye. 

We knew that because we have eyes.

• Andy is bad in bed.

Never had an occasion to think about it, but it doesn't surprise me. 

• Andy has a small penis. 

Ha ha ha ha ha! But mostly I don't care because I'm not fucking him.

This shit is sad and petty. It also undercuts the discussion about real abuses out there when she keeps throwing this nonsense into the fray like it's of an equivalent nature. It's fucking not and she knows it. Furthermore, Andy is never more happy than when women are being immature petty cows. Continue to feed the beast. Twitter agrees that it's petty and desperate.

https://mobile.twitter.com/kathygriffin/status/931499889858629632

• Love 6

Watching the like of Jerry O'Connell and Michael Rappaport all but salivate over the Real Housewives franchises and Andy Cohen really makes me scratch my head. I don't get it! Yeah, I watch them but I have nothing else going on in my life and even then, I don't go crazy over them and I wouldn't be "shaking" in anticipation of meeting them in person, as Jerry mentioned.  Sir, you are married to Rebecca F-iing Romain for god's sake!

And Kathy Griffin, you just look silly now. With all the juicy sex scandals we're getting no one care about what Andy Cohen did when he was in college. He's probably done worse this week.  Take a break for awhile, Kathy.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Caseysgirl said:

Watching the like of Jerry O'Connell and Michael Rappaport all but salivate over the Real Housewives franchises and Andy Cohen really makes me scratch my head. I don't get it! Yeah, I watch them but I have nothing else going on in my life and even then, I don't go crazy over them and I wouldn't be "shaking" in anticipation of meeting them in person, as Jerry mentioned.  Sir, you are married to Rebecca F-iing Romain for god's sake!

I think it's like those people who can't differentiate between an actor's character and the actor. Everyone wants to talk to Captain America. With reality stars, there are so many of them that I just want to ask them what they were thinking. There isn't this filter between person and character with a reality tv star. Currently, I'm sort of obsessed with asking Jenderella from Below Deck why she thinks she's this aggrieved party when all objective proof says that she isn't. There is footage of her being nasty and unprofessional. I don't know that I'd start shaking in anticipation, but I don't know that I find their excitement foreign or alien. It makes a certain sense to me. In another example, when Phaedra started spewing her lies about Kandi, I was shaking in rage as I posted. I can't imagine what I would have been like if I had been in the studio with her.

1 hour ago, Caseysgirl said:

And Kathy Griffin, you just look silly now. With all the juicy sex scandals we're getting no one care about what Andy Cohen did when he was in college. He's probably done worse this week.  Take a break for awhile, Kathy.

Kathy serving up weak 30 year old tea. It's pitiful and sad. Horrific sex abuse and harrassment scandals and all Kathy has to add is that wonky eyed Andy Cohen is crap in bed. Come back when you have some scorching shit to say about things that matter.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

https://pagesix.com/2017/11/17/kathy-griffin-takes-another-low-blow-at-andy-cohen/amp/

• Andy has a lazy eye. 

• Andy is bad in bed.

This shit is sad and petty. It also undercuts the discussion about real abuses out there when she keeps throwing this nonsense into the fray like it's of an equivalent nature. It's fucking not and she knows it. Furthermore, Andy is never more happy than when women are being immature petty cows. Continue to feed the beast. Twitter agrees that it's petty and desperate.

Yeah.....I don't get it. Why is this relevant to anything?  To me, when you start calling someone a pencil dick, you've run out of anything to say.(Even though that does seem to be a recurring insult on the Housewives.)   Besides, who cares?  It makes me wonder what is going on with Kathy. Maybe, she really is losing it.  And hey, I was in support of her upthread. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 4

Andy makes fun of his eye himself all the time.  That's a pretty weak comeback.  And bad in bad?  We know she is not speaking from experience so shut up.  No one cares.  She can salvage what happened to her this year if she takes the high road, but on the flip side, this was an interesting strategy...

I'm sure she has dealt with her share of issues, with her daughter's continuing hijinks and the recent death of her ex due to suicide. I thought her responses were thoughtful and I learned some things from both her and Joy. 

I love Rosie.  I used to follow her blog pretty closely years ago.  I had no idea what happened to her ex Michelle, but I just googled it and I am so sorry to hear this!  I remember when their relationship started.  Sad to hear.  I feel bad, she has had some bad things happen to her.  But overall I think she looked great, her weight is down, I love how she's letting her gray hair show, she looked fantastic.  Rosie's appeal to me has always been that she is so real, I loved her comment about how she is not hanging out at Cirque, she's a Cheesecake Factory person, she really sees herself as a normal Long Island mom, down to earth.  I agree with her take om Trump too.  I am from the 80's and I remember Trump being in the news in the Marla Maples years, and it seemed to be the conventional wisdom that he was an arrogant out of touch rich blowhard that was not to be trusted.  Go figure.

• Love 6

So I finally saw the Leslie Grossman/Shannon Beador episode, and it was odd that Andy seemed almost annoyed at Leslie's fangirling over the HWs. I thought her enthusiasm was really adorable. He usually eats that shit up. I guess since Leslie's not an A-Lister or someone Andy wants to sleep with, the HW fangirling isn't as amusing to him.

• Love 1
On 11/17/2017 at 5:47 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah.....I don't get it. Why is this relevant to anything?  To me, when you start calling someone a pencil dick, you've run out of anything to say.(Even though that does seem to be a recurring insult on the Housewives.)   Besides, who cares?  It makes me wonder what is going on with Kathy. Maybe, she really is losing it.  And hey, I was in support of her upthread. 

Right? The behavior Kathy's fan is describing -- a lazy, selfish lover who won't acknowledge you in public the next day -- is a sadly common trait of douchey men in their early 20s. It's not exactly breaking news.

• Love 1
On 11/17/2017 at 1:12 PM, HunterHunted said:

• Andy has a lazy eye. 

• Andy is bad in bed.

I think Kathy is going off the rails, due to the backlash, that she got for her stupid joke. Plus, all of her famous friends have turned their backs on her. She lost her sister to cancer, she is fighting with her neighbor. She is in pain and is lashing out..

• Love 4
On 11/22/2017 at 4:39 PM, Apprentice79 said:

I think Kathy is going off the rails, due to the backlash, that she got for her stupid joke. Plus, all of her famous friends have turned their backs on her. She lost her sister to cancer, she is fighting with her neighbor. She is in pain and is lashing out..

I dont know if anyone else remembers this but when Kathy moved into her new (current) home, she stated that she lived next door to Kanye West & Kim Kardashian. If she wanted to be the neighbor bitch from hell for publicity, why choose the neighbor who is not well known to most people? 

I suppose Kathy has enough money to comfortably live for the rest of her life and she does still have fans who pay to see her when she does her comedy shows. 

15 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

she revealed that Matt Lauer's most annoying habit was constantly pinching her ass.

I thought she was joking.  ML wouldn't do that to his equals at work, just the women working below his pay grade.  More telling is the fact that KC and Meredith Vieira haven't made a statement since ML's firing.

I normally can't watch this dreck because Andy is so incompetent, but I had to watch because my current girl crush Greta Gerwig was on.  Of course idiot Andy didn't mention that Lady Bird won the NYFCC's awards for Best Picture and Best Actress, he also couldn't pronounce Saoirse Ronan's name, and didn't know GG grew up in Sacramento like Lady Bird. 

Way to go AC!  Instead of asking your interns to think of stupid parlor games, why don't you ask them to do 5 minutes worth of internet research?

• Love 1
7 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

I thought she was joking.  ML wouldn't do that to his equals at work, just the women working below his pay grade.  More telling is the fact that KC and Meredith Vieira haven't made a statement since ML's firing.

The premise of Plead the Fifth is that everything the player is saying is true and that they "plead the fifth" if they don't want to reveal anything. Katie said this and Meredith confronted him on this "amusing" story about finding a bag full of sex toys in his dressing room closet. He reportedly gave a sex toy to a staffer and told her how he wanted her to use it. Katie and Meredith are rightly silent on this. He's gross.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

The premise of Plead the Fifth is that everything the player is saying is true and that they "plead the fifth" if they don't want to reveal anything. Katie said this and Meredith confronted him on this "amusing" story about finding a bag full of sex toys in his dressing room closet. He reportedly gave a sex toy to a staffer and told her how he wanted her to use it. Katie and Meredith are rightly silent on this. He's gross.

I know the premise of plead the fifth.  That particular scene has been replayed since the story broke, it still seems to me like KC was joking.  I believe all the allegations and I agree with you, he is gross.

On 11/30/2017 at 5:38 PM, HunterHunted said:

I'm surprised that no one has written about how Katie Couric's appearance from 5 years ago is trending because in her Plead the Fifth, she revealed that Matt Lauer's most annoying habit was constantly pinching her ass.

On 12/1/2017 at 9:18 AM, sugarbaker design said:

I normally can't watch this dreck because Andy is so incompetent, but I had to watch because my current girl crush Greta Gerwig was on.  Of course idiot Andy didn't mention that Lady Bird won the NYFCC's awards for Best Picture and Best Actress, he also couldn't pronounce Saoirse Ronan's name, and didn't know GG grew up in Sacramento like Lady Bird. 

Way to go AC!  Instead of asking your interns to think of stupid parlor games, why don't you ask them to do 5 minutes worth of internet research?

I can't help but think staffers and co-workers knew about Matt Lauer but kept silent.  Al Roker, Katie Couric, etc.  They all had to have known.  And they all had to have known the extent of it.  That stuff can only go under the radar for a very short time - at least in close and steady quarters like that.   

I realize this is an assumption, but I'd bet money on it and it makes me sad. 

It really is all about power - and not just power over the victims....it is power over all those in that particular sphere.  People can choose to keep quiet or not, sleep with him or not, but to keep their jobs, they've basically been told that a job requirement is to perform sexual acts (victims) and/or keep quiet (those in the know).  

The arrogance and need for power is mind-boggling.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

I know the premise of plead the fifth.  That particular scene has been replayed since the story broke, it still seems to me like KC was joking.  I believe all the allegations and I agree with you, he is gross.

I don't think she's joking in the way that implies that it's not true or that there isn't much truth to the story. I think that in the big long list of indignities that she's had to suffer in her professional journalism career, her colleague repeatedly pinching her ass is so far down the list that she can laugh about it. I have an experience where a fairly well known actor groped me repeatedly when I was a teen. When I tell the story, it comes out like a punchline because I've experienced worse and his efforts were almost pitiable. Just because I'm joking about it doesn't mean that it's a joke. This is how I view Katie's admission. It's not like there are a bunch of stories about him trying this shit with Al Roker or Ann Curry. He did this to Katie because he could and he knew she wouldn't say shit to him about it.* 

7 minutes ago, Jextella said:

I can't help but think staffers and co-workers knew about Matt Lauer but kept silent.  Al Roker, Katie Couric, etc.  They all had to have known.  And they all had to have known the extent of it.  That stuff can only go under the radar for a very short time - at least in close and steady quarters like that.   

I realize this is an assumption, but I'd bet money on it and it makes me sad. 

It really is all about power - and not just power over the victims....it is power over all those in that particular sphere.  People can choose to keep quiet or not, sleep with him or not, but to keep their jobs, they've basically been told that a job requirement is to perform sexual acts (victims) and/or keep quiet (those in the know).  

The arrogance and need for power is mind-boggling.

There is a bit of domestic terrorism about this kind of thing. No one wants to rock the boat too much because they are unsure of how safe or secure their own position is--whether you are a subordinate or a colleague. Matt didn't like Ann and he went about getting rid of her in the cruelest way. She didn't do anything to jeopardize his $20 million/year salary. It's brutal, but I can see why someone might not stick their neck out for the intern he's harassing or might rationalize that if the ass pinching really bothered Couric she'd say something herself.

*I'm not blaming Katie. I'm just saying that Lauer was smart enough to know who he could victimize and in what way.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I don't think she's joking in the way that implies that it's not true or that there isn't much truth to the story. I think that in the big long list of indignities that she's had to suffer in her professional journalism career, her colleague repeatedly pinching her ass is so far down the list that she can laugh about it. I have an experience where a fairly well known actor groped me repeatedly when I was a teen. When I tell the story, it comes out like a punchline because I've experienced worse and his efforts were almost pitiable. Just because I'm joking about it doesn't mean that it's a joke. This is how I view Katie's admission. It's not like there are a bunch of stories about him trying this shit with Al Roker or Ann Curry. He did this to Katie because he could and he knew she wouldn't say shit to him about it.* 

There is a bit of domestic terrorism about this kind of thing. No one wants to rock the boat too much because they are unsure of how safe or secure their own position is--whether you are a subordinate or a colleague. Matt didn't like Ann and he went about getting rid of her in the cruelest way. She didn't do anything to jeopardize his $20 million/year salary. It's brutal, but I can see why someone might not stick their neck out for the intern he's harassing or might rationalize that if the ass pinching really bothered Couric she'd say something herself.

*I'm not blaming Katie. I'm just saying that Lauer was smart enough to know who he could victimize and in what way.

Right.  My mind immediately jumps there, but I know I can't blame those around him.  They are truly victims of "domestic terrorism" (spot on) - just not sexual in nature.  

Katie's remarks on WWHL were probably the most she felt comfortable saying about the matter in public.  Maybe they were even a small attempt to expose it or to communicate her awareness and unhappiness about the situation in a subtle enough way that doesn't ruffle too many feathers yet makes Shithead think twice.  

Edited by Jextella
On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 4:53 PM, Jextella said:

Right.  My mind immediately jumps there, but I know I can't blame those around him.  They are truly victims of "domestic terrorism" (spot on) - just not sexual in nature.  

Katie's remarks on WWHL were probably the most she felt comfortable saying about the matter in public.  Maybe they were even a small attempt to expose it or to communicate her awareness and unhappiness about the situation in a subtle enough way that doesn't ruffle too many feathers yet makes Shithead think twice.  

I don't think she thought of it as a big deal or it was something she tolerated thinking it was semi-funny, otherwise she would never have brought it up.  She would have had the power to stop it herself if she thought it was offensive. A "cut it out, Matt" would have most likely been enough.  Everyone has their own idea of what they think is offensive.  An example, on DWTS, Tom Bergeron gets his butt pinched quite often ON the air and everyone thinks it is funny, including him.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Thumper said:

The shallow:.  Shep's hair looked bad tonight.

The opinion: his show is dumb.

I fell Shep is stuck in life and maybe feels kind of comfortable there.  He needs therapy to get past it, IMO....assuming he wants to and I'm not convinced he does.  Both sides of the coin involve compromise, and maybe that's what's holding him back.  

• Love 1