Type keyword(s) to search

Watch What Happens Live Past Seasons

• Start Topic

I thought Andy's first book was a fun and quick read.  So when I picked up the second one, I was surprised I could not get through it - it was incredibly boring, despite being essentially a gossip rag about most of my favorite stars.  So I don't anticipate trying to get through this one either.

I die inside when I hear him chirp "GAME TIME!!" so it's been nice having a brief respite.  It is funny when he introduces two very accomplished guests, then hauls his book out to talk about himself for three minutes.  How embarrassing.

Edited by DrivingSideways
  • Love 3

I got the new book from the library and just skimmed the first part so far. The thing about the threesome was ridiculous and almost sounds fake. It's fun to read about some of the backstage stuff but the title of the book has never been more apt. I guess it's good that at least he recognizes it himself?

• Love 1
On 11/28/2016 at 8:02 PM, DrivingSideways said:

I really enjoyed the first book... tried the second one and couldn't finish it.  I heard Andy on Howard Stern describing the threesome story and his smoky (in a bad way) voice just made it sound so trashy and gross.

His book out now is his 3rd or 4th one. So which ones are you talking about? 

I loved how when Anderson and Kelly were on and he had the mini-game at the start where Kelly "hosted." Basically the guys has to say if a situation was more Andy or Anderson and it was basically all Andy and not in a good light. He was not liking it and kept trying to have them move past it to the next item and instead Kelly and Anderson stayed on it. Haha! Suck it Andy. 

• Love 5

Oooooo Child!!!  On tonight's show with Sheree and Quad from Married to Medicine, Andy asked Sheree how she felt about Kenya calling her house Chateau Thelma and Sheree totally went there with Kenya.  She answered, "That's ok, my mother loves me."   Oooooooo!!!  If only I could have been a fly on the wall when Kenya heard that!  Sheree is cold blooded and I love it!!!

• Love 13

I finished the book. Meh. The only really interesting thing is that he does write about when celebrities are bitchy. He got in some awkward conversation with Taylor Swift and she told him not to mention it on the show.

Also, WAY more shows are taped than live now. It seemed like every entry in the book talked about what shows they were pre-taping. Any time SJP, Anderson, John Benjamin Hickey, Sandra Bernhard or Kelly and Mark are on, it's because someone cancelled at the last minute and his friends are filling in.

He also wrote quite a bit about his boyfriend and WAY too much about his dog. That dog has bitten like 7 or 8 people!

• Love 5

Andy asked Sheree how she felt about Kenya calling her house Chateau Thelma and Sheree totally went there with Kenya.  She answered, "That's ok, my mother loves me."   

So Is thaat because Sheree's real name is Thelma ?

Edited by Bossa Nova
13 hours ago, ExplainItAgain said:

He also wrote quite a bit about his boyfriend and WAY too much about his dog. That dog has bitten like 7 or 8 people!

The last time Anderson Cooper was on they had that stupid gay shark on and Andy said the last time they were dancing with the shark, Anderson couldn't dance because Andy's dog had just bitten him.  Then, of course, Andy had his out of control dog come charging in.  The dog ran straight to Anderson who was just trying to get away from the dog.  Andy -1). Train your dog, and, 2). Stop being such an ass.

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

The last time Anderson Cooper was on they had that stupid gay shark on and Andy said the last time they were dancing with the shark, Anderson couldn't dance because Andy's dog had just bitten him.  Then, of course, Andy had his out of control dog come charging in.  The dog ran straight to Anderson who was just trying to get away from the dog.  Andy -1). Train your dog, and, 2). Stop being such an ass

Can't stand irresponsible pet owners. A well trained dog is a happy dog. When we adopted our dog from a shelter, he came with some bad habits. It took a little time but we broke him of those habits and now he is a loving, faithful companion that people actually like to be around. Andy, time to call in the dog whisperer, you moron. 

• Love 5
23 hours ago, ExplainItAgain said:

He got in some awkward conversation with Taylor Swift and she told him not to mention it on the show.

So he mentions it in the book.  That's Andy, pure class.

16 hours ago, Bossa Nova said:

It's because Sheree's mother's name is Thelma.

9 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Andy, time to call in the dog whisperer, you moron. 

That poor dog is used to the endless stream of desperate young men from Penn Station.

• Love 1

It's because Sheree's mother's name is Thelma.

Got it. So mama Thelma financed the Chateau?

I still cannot figure out how out-of-work-til-recently, Sheree, financed that monstrosity. 

Sherree has always rivaled Sonja  NY for the most delusional fronting Housewife across all franchises. Although that one from Potomac comes close (the one with the giant boobs married to the "black Bill Gates".)

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

So he mentions it in the book.  That's Andy, pure class.

Yeah, he even wrote "Well, she didn't say I couldn't mention it in a book..."

One other interesting part was that he mentioned that Bravo did some focus groups on WWHL and one of the big criticisms was that it seems like Andy is "checked out" a lot. He was incredulous that anyone thought that because WWHL is his dream job.

I'm very curious to see what his new, bigger clubhouse is going to look like.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Bossa Nova said:

Got it. So mama Thelma financed the Chateau?

I still cannot figure out how out-of-work-til-recently, Sheree, financed that monstrosity. 

I would say no. I took it as Sheree put the Chateau in her mama's name because her own financial situation is such a mess.

The whole thing is mystery!

But, I'm glad they brought her back because she adds so much to the show. All we need now is for them to bring back Dwight ("The fashion show with no fashions. How dreadful!") for pure comedy gold! While we're at it---I miss the hairstylists from Fashion Queens.

• Love 1
On 12/5/2016 at 11:25 PM, Bronzedog said:

The last time Anderson Cooper was on they had that stupid gay shark on and Andy said the last time they were dancing with the shark, Anderson couldn't dance because Andy's dog had just bitten him.  Then, of course, Andy had his out of control dog come charging in.  The dog ran straight to Anderson who was just trying to get away from the dog.  Andy -1). Train your dog, and, 2). Stop being such an ass.

Oh yeah, he talked about that in the book. The dog also bit his assistant Daryn pretty bad. The dog poops in the house all the time. It's a little sad because one of the dog experts he consulted said Wacha was probably abused by his previous owner. But Andy travels A LOT and the dog spends just as much time away from him as he does with him.

• Love 2

It embarasses me for Dan Rather that he is appearing on this show, but damned if he doesn't still manage to maintain his dignity. He actually seems to like Andy, which I will choose to ignore. One thing that struck me was how attentive he was when CBV was talking. Dan is the consummate listener as well as talker. He remains probably my favorite living journalist. 

ETA: The rapport between Rather and Courtney is clearly mutual. And Andy seems to know enough to shut up and enjoy the guests tonight. 

Edited by bref
  • Love 7
On Monday, December 5, 2016 at 5:00 PM, Bossa Nova said:

No.  Kenya calls Sheree's house Chateau Thelma because she claims Sheree's home is in her mother Thelma's name.  Sheree's remark about her mother loving her was a dig at Kenya because Kenya's mother rejected her as a baby letting relatives raise her and won't have anything to do with her as an adult.  It's a very hurtful subject for Kenya.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, bref said:

It embarasses me for Dan Rather that he is appearing on this show, but damned if he doesn't still manage to maintain his dignity. He actually seems to like Andy, which I will choose to ignore. One thing that struck me was how attentive he was when CBV was talking. Dan is the consummate listener as well as talker. He remains probably my favorite living journalist. 

ETA: The rapport between Rather and Courtney is clearly mutual. And Andy seems to know enough to shut up and enjoy the guests tonight. 

That was probably the best WWHL I've seen.  For a change Andy didn't go out of his way to humiliate his guests.

• Love 2

Ditto.  Best episode of WWHL ever.  Two guests, both intelligent, interesting, educated men who know how to tell a story, and they respect and admire each other!  And I have to admit, Andy rose to the occasion, there were no glory hole jokes, no leering at young men, no games like Whose Crotch?!  Andy surprisingly did what the best talk show hosts do:  let them speak.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 4
27 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Shemar Moore really likes to hear himself talk. Man is quite full of himself.

He seems to have really impressed Phaedra.  She couldn't keep her hands off of him; but then, Shemar and Apollo have the same physical attributes so it's not surprising.  Lol!  Seriously, I wonder about him seeing that he is 46 and has never been married and doesn't even seem to be in a serious relationship.  I wonder if he's just extra picky or does he have some sort of personality flaw that turns women off.  He's yummy though.  It seems like the older he gets the more good looking he is.

• Love 3
On December 5, 2016 at 8:43 AM, ExplainItAgain said:

That dog has bitten like 7 or 8 people!

Yes! That dog's a real asshole. More accurately, Andy's a real asshole for not training him properly...I know he had the trainer, but it didn't work, clearly. 

• Love 7
On 12/12/2016 at 2:55 AM, swankie said:

He seems to have really impressed Phaedra.  She couldn't keep her hands off of him; but then, Shemar and Apollo have the same physical attributes so it's not surprising.  Lol!  Seriously, I wonder about him seeing that he is 46 and has never been married and doesn't even seem to be in a serious relationship.  I wonder if he's just extra picky or does he have some sort of personality flaw that turns women off.  He's yummy though.  It seems like the older he gets the more good looking he is.

I've seen Shemar on various shows and he gets increasingly annoying.  He's beautiful but I think he's just so irritating and cheesy that it turns women off.  Even Phaedra and Andy looked a little put off. He's someone I wish I had never seen live, the luster has worn off.

• Love 2

Rinna looked like Lady Elaine Fairchild from Mr. Rogers.  Blend that bronzer, Toots!

Yes, thought the same thing about her look immediately. Too tanned (fake) and too shiny and too bronzed. She seemed camera self conscious. 

The jumpsuit with the peek a boo side slits rocked though. 

Julie Chen is one big bore. Yawn. Would you have those (mediocre) TV hosting gigs without hubby Les?

• Love 1

That bow tied around Brielle's neck added to the call girl look.

I don't hate Kim.  I think she seems to like her family and her husband and I kind of appreciate that she lives a pretty quiet, home-based life.  However, the kids swearing thing is so gross.  I don't care what they say about having boundaries and or it being a sign of intelligence, it makes me sick when they all act like it is hilarious when it is just low-class and anti-social.  Frankly, unless Kim pulls some sort of Jessica Simpson, mogul out of nowhere trick, these people will not have the kind of money to allow their kids to be outrageous and sheltered from living in the real world.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, NowVoyager said:

3B65FC6900000578-4035774-image-a-11_1481786024983.jpg

Andy went IN on Kim's nose! I died.

Actually, the side-by-side made me realize she's had something injected into her cheeks as well. That's why her eyes look oddly close together. 

I knew ya'll would be in here with evidence!!  LOL!   ok, can we talk about this some more?  If anything I thought it proved her point (ha!) about the nose job.  Like the shadows still fall in exactly the same spots.    Andy sounded like a damn loon being all cynical about the possibility that pregnancy (nevermind three of em since the first picture was taken) can permanently alter your looks.    Brielle seems like she turned out to be a really sweet child, despite the potential.  I wonder what happened between her and Slade.   I can't tell if it's the make up or the hair or the lips but something, all the things, is/are too much.   Kroy was much less silly sounding here than I've ever heard him anywhere else.  He did uncover that he knew who Kim was before they met.   I thought that was interesting.  Maybe she's legit his type and what he'd been waiting for but hadn't actively pursued?  Either way it makes me wanna be nosier about his dating life before her.  I can't imagine a young man with no kids who's never been married and has a pretty healthy above average yearly salary struggled to meet viable candidates in a city like Atlanta. 

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Kroy was much less silly sounding here than I've ever heard him anywhere else. 

I thought so, too,until he said that he was told that when a young child curses it's a sign of intelligence. Come on now, Kroy, you don't really believe that, do you? 

• Love 3

Lol!!  Nevermind.  You're gonna make on demand it because I missed the first 9 minutes.    What'd Andy say to that?  I thought it was the opposite? that whenever people start cursing it's because they're not articulate enough to remember real words?     ::shrugs:: I'm ain't giving up my f bombs for anything.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Lol!!  Nevermind.  You're gonna make on demand it because I missed the first 9 minutes.    What'd Andy say to that?  I thought it was the opposite? that whenever people start cursing it's because they're not articulate enough to remember real words?     ::shrugs:: I'm ain't giving up my f bombs for anything.

Andy laughed at him with one of those "are you effin kidding me" laughs. Ole' Andy was in rare form last night, he wasn't having any of Kim's BS. She was a pretty good sport, though. 

• Love 2
On 12/14/2016 at 10:15 PM, Bronzedog said:

I'm surprised that Andy was so persistent about KJ's cursing.  Kroy seemed to be getting a little pissed.  Also surprised Andy said, "Sweetie, you've got to stop" when talking about Kim's increasingly big lips.

I took it as Andy was telling Kim she needed to stop lying about not having had a nose job!

• Love 3