Type keyword(s) to search

Switched at Birth in the Media

(edited)

It isn't necessarily about Switched at Birth, but I listened to this podcast a few months ago and thought it might be of interest to some people here. Stuff You Missed in History Class did a whole episode about the 1988 student protests at Gallaudet University. Since it looks like there is somehow going to be a satellite Gallaudet storyline if the show gets renewed, thought some of you might like to listen to this.

ABC is taking their sweet time announcing whether or not they will renew for a 4th season. :(

They're supposed to announce renewals at the end of the summer. The only reason they already announced the two-season pickup for Pretty Little Liars was to coincide with the 100th episode. I'm fairly confident we will see a 4th season. Its ratings aren't spectacular, but it's steady and they get tons of critical praise. I'd be more worried about Chasing Life, which is steady, but is also losing nearly half of its PLL lead-in each week. They might announce that the 4th is the final season, but I don't think they'll necessarily do that, either.

Edited by AmandaPanda

It's not necessarily pertaining to to Switched at Birth but I found an article about two French families dealing with their children who were switched at birth:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-31350550

I can't imagine the Kennishes and Vasquezes never talking to each other after the lawsuit took place in Season 1. Would it have mattered if Bay and Daphne were already over the age of 18 and full fledged adults?

(I'm not sure if this was the right thread, so apologies in advance if it was not)

Well, UMKC is in the same network as University of Missouri, which is one of the big universities that really blew up this year with racial tension. UMKC is a lot more diverse than it looks on the show, though. Yes, it's still 60% white, but that's more diverse than we've seen on SaB.

According to Lizzy Weiss, they've pushed the season 5 premiere till 2017, which strikes me as a curious decision. Viewers are only going to lose interest over time and by time the show finally returns, I doubt anyone's going to care. There's only 10 episodes left, surely they could find a spot on a random night and burn those episodes off while the few people who watch the show still care.

According to Lizzy Weiss, they've pushed the season 5 premiere till 2017, which strikes me as a curious decision. Viewers are only going to lose interest over time and by time the show finally returns, I doubt anyone's going to care. There's only 10 episodes left, surely they could find a spot on a random night and burn those episodes off while the few people who watch the show still care.

Maybe they have more new shows they want to premiere in the summer, so don't have room for it?

I agree though, I can feel myself losing interest already.

Maybe they left the ending on another cliffhanger and need to rewrite the story to sum up everything as they usually split the seasons into a "Part A" and "Part B." Or they'll have to do more filming to do an additional 10 episodes? Either way, they've run out of ideas on what to do with everyone so they'd better have a strong finish so that the show won't end on a sour note. Although, with their release date having been extended, people will probably lose more interest (and patience) by the time it comes back on.

Edited by Eri

2017?? I barely care enough about the show anymore as it is. By 2017 I'll have forgotten what storylines were going on completely. This is seriously weak, Lizzy Weiss.

I don't think the decision was up to Lizzy, I think it was the network. She sounded disappointed about it in her tweets. It seems like Freeform has given up on the show, despite granting it a 5th season. First they cut the season in half and cancel the series before a single episode of the 5th season has aired and then they push back the premiere a whole year. Oh well, hopefully the cast and crew can move on to bigger and better things. 

Oh nooo! I have only a few episodes left of s4 (found the show in 2015 so have caught up since), but I don't think I'll bother finishing them if we have to wait until 2017 for the rest.

On 3/22/2017 at 3:46 AM, Everleigh said:

For anyone interested in cast interviews, they did a bunch building up to the 100th episode but this one in particular was fun. Some of the cast trying to sum up their characters' journeys in 30 seconds: http://ew.com/tv/2017/03/20/switched-at-birth-100-episode-videos/

Those were all amusing, but Vanessa's especially made me laugh. "Bay loves deaf people....Bay just dates everyone." Hee.

This probably belongs more in a "The Cast in Other Roles" thread, but I don't think there is one so...

From Deadline.com:

Lea Thompson, who just came off a successful run on ABC’s Freeform series Switched at Birth, has signed on to a modern adaptation of the Louisa May Alcott novel Little Women to play the lead role of family matriarch Marmee. Joining Thompson will be her Switched at Birth colleague and High School Musical alum Lucas Grabeel who will play Laurie.

IDK about Lucas as Laurie.

• Love 1
(edited)

I wasn't sure where to put this, but I was watching Switch at Birth (first time) on Netflix, and I got to the third episode of season 2. When suddenly their was a change in cast for a minor/new character. Stephen Lunsford (Teo) was in it for two episodes, then without any explanation was replaced with a new actor and character.  There is nothing on this on the internet at all and I spoiled myself trying to figure out why he left. Anyhow, I wasn't sure what thread to post this on.

Edited by blueray