Type keyword(s) to search

The Storybrooke Daily Mirror: OUaT in the Media, Cons and Other Real Life Encounters

• Start Topic

Jen & Colin were just announced for the Xivents Paris con next year, with an extra note that they WILL be doing a photo duo. A-hem.

In case you're not aware of the Paris convention drama, Lana's booking manager (who also handles Bex & Sean) wasn't happy with Xivents so started working with another company to hold a different Paris con the weekend after Xivents had been scheduled for; Lana, Emilie & Beverly are signed for that one. Xivents said they were stunned when the other con announced their dates, because they had been working together to try to coordinate something. Xivents has now changed their 2017 date from mid-June to the end of May to get away from the other con. BTS con dramaz!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Souris said:

Jen & Colin were just announced for the Xivents Paris con next year, with an extra note that they WILL be doing a photo duo. A-hem.

In case you're not aware of the Paris convention drama, Lana's booking manager (who also handles Bex & Sean) wasn't happy with Xivents so started working with another company to hold a different Paris con the weekend after Xivents had been scheduled for; Lana, Emilie & Beverly are signed for that one. Xivents said they were stunned when the other con announced their dates, because they had been working together to try to coordinate something. Xivents has now changed their 2017 date from mid-June to the end of May to get away from the other con. BTS con dramaz!

Oh my God! Thank you for sharing this ultimately meaningless but incredibly juicy piece of gossip. I've been cackling to myself like a loon for the past 5 minutes. This is the drama we deserve. 

Lana's agent set up a *whole different con in Paris at the same time* to compete with Xivents instead of simply, IDK, not booking that one again and choosing one of the 3445 that already exist?! Did the organizer sleep with his wife?! LMAO.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, retrograde said:

Well, the Evil Queen didn't seem to have any problem getting into Storybrooke. It looks like she won't be laying low for long. It appears Hyde gets captured and attempts to strangle Emma. The story definitely moves quickly around these parts...

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

Wondering what A&E's plans were for "Dead of Summer" Season 2 & 3?  So it looks like they were really thinking ahead for this one.  Each season would be set at the same camp, but in a different year; thus new cast and no need to think of new flashbacks for characters after 13 episodes.  The show premiered to 628,000 viewers and ended with 358,000 viewers, which might affect renewal chances.  

http://www.ibtimes.com/will-freeform-renew-dead-summer-season-2-if-renewed-horror-series-will-focus-deb-2409808

Edited by Camera One

From Natalie Abrams ‏@NatalieAbrams

ABC to air # OUAT: Evil Reigns Once More special looking back on show & answering burning Qs on Sept. 25 at 7pm.

------------------------------------------------------

Answering burning questions?  LOL... yeah right!

• Love 1
On 9/23/2016 at 0:25 PM, KingOfHearts said:

http://abc.go.com/shows/once-upon-a-time/episode-guide/season-06/99-once-upon-a-time-evil-reigns-once-more?linkId=29132829

The "Evil Reigns Once More" special is available to watch now on ABC's website. 

I have to say, the show looks freaking amazing when these recap specials edit all the epic moments together.

LOL..I watch that and think," Why aren't I watching that show???" and then I remember I am!

• Love 2

Does anyone else feel like there was significantly less media and PR around this year's premiere? There were ZERO teaser articles, no photo countdowns, no live tweeting and not one cast photo from the premiere party last night. I don't know if it's just that because the show is getting older or what, but I was really surprised at the lack of attention.

• Love 2

I see TV Guide has hired Lily Sparks (famous SQer and Once/Hook hater) to review Once. I guess these publications feel like they need to push the envelope and any attention is good attention, but I really hope A&E think long and hard about giving TV Guide any exclusives in the future...

Wow. I do have to wonder if they're going to make her take a more center line in her reviews. I just don't see them letting that level of editorializing getting through their recaps.

ETA: Annnnd I take it back. She's still a SQer and takes a crack at Captain Swan. I guess we should be thankful that it doesn't seem as bad as what she usually does. But just...wow.

Edited by sharky
2 minutes ago, sharky said:

I just don't see them letting that level of editorializing getting through their recaps.

On the other hand, that would generate a lot of traffic if the various factions start in on the "how dare she say that, go to the site and leave a comment" routine. Which then leads to the other factions rushing in to defend her position and boost site views to make her look good and make it look like everyone agrees with her. Controversy tends to equal clicks. It only crashes and burns for them if the people who don't agree with her are merely turned off by her position and figure that this isn't a site they want to read.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

It only crashes and burns for them if the people who don't agree with her are merely turned off by her position and figure that this isn't a site they want to read.

I've refused to click on any Lily Sparks article for a while now. Not worth my time or valuable click.

It's a bummer that Lily Sparks is now writing for TV Guide. I used to think her reviews were funny, but after a certain point they were so anti-Hook and pro-sq that they became frustrating and not very funny any more (for me). She can enjoy whatever characters/relationships that she wants, but when reviewing a show for an actual entertainment news sources, you should probably stick a little closer to canon.

I wonder how TV Guide's relationship with A&E will be after they see some of her reviews. Or it may have zero effect, who knows. 

• Love 1

I was appalled when I saw TV Guide publishing a Lily Sparks piece this morning. It's like giving one of the worst of the Twitter Bad Apples an outlet to millions for their biased hate screeds. Apparently, though, TV Guide & TV.com merged, so they didn't hire her, per se, she just came along with the merger. But it's still horrible, a bad look for TVG, and I encourage everybody to NOT click on her stories. Web hits are the only thing that websites care about these days.

• Love 6

I enjoyed A.V. Club's episode reviews, so I'm kind of bummed they won't be doing them this season. But Nerdy Girl Notes is a good reviewer (albeit sometimes a little too positive) who is civil to all the characters and actually analyzes the writing much more thoroughly than any other reviewer I've found on the main entertainment sites. If a OUAT reviewer deserves some Internet clicks, it's her. All the other entertainment sites seem to have some kind of bias or they don't analyze the canon in-depth like we do here.

• Love 3

I'll confess to trolling the nutjobs over at TV.com after last season's finale. I used to think she was funny, too, in the beginning. Now she just comes across as a totally partisan hack who's so far from objective she can't see it with the Hubble Telescope. It's ridiculous.

"Weirdly the show doesn't seem to understand that it's the subtle inner conflict of this duality that made Regina so compelling to viewers (along with the literally magical chemistry between her and co-mom Emma).."

This isn't as baldly stated as most of her reviews, but I think it's obvious she's arguing that Regina x Emma have strong romantic chemistry. 

"OUAT's Hyde is a Hannibal Lector-esque steam punk gentleman who launches into a verbal sparring war with Emma far more engaging than any of her fist fights with her current love interest Captain Hook. Though maybe this is just my personal bias, I always feel like I'm being forced to watch a brother and sister make out when Emma and Hook mash mandibles."

Fist fights? Sounds like an implication that Emma and Killian's relationship is physically abusive. She also said they look like siblings who kiss each other. If she doesn't feel the chemistry, thats fine, but it's another pretty obvious dig. 

This review is actually pretty mild compared to her recaps from tv.com and a lot shorter. I don't think she's a bad writer, and I do think she can be funny, but every review of hers I've read has included lots of swan queen are in love and are only not happening because of the homophobic writers and Hook is stupid, useless, gross, ect. 

• Love 3