Type keyword(s) to search

The Storybrooke Daily Mirror: OUaT in the Media, Cons and Other Real Life Encounters

• Start Topic

I thought she said, "Do you want to answer this question or do you want ME to answer this question?" which, NGL, made me lol. I can't believe SQers booed Lana, though, I thought they believed she could do no wrong.

• Love 1

They probably thought they were booing Hook and didn't realize they were actually booing Lana's answer. She certainly got them going with her, Swan Queen says na na na and Blah blah blah, comment. The reaction from Sean to this whole thing was priceless.

1 hour ago, KingOfHearts said:

Found this video on YouTube that gives an idea of how the cast might sound as singers.

Wow, David Anders has a very nice, Disney-sounding voice. I'm sure Whale won't be in the episode though.

1 hour ago, pezgirl7 said:

Wow, David Anders has a very nice, Disney-sounding voice. I'm sure Whale won't be in the episode though.

Anders really does nail those songs.  Off-topic, but while iZombie is a better written show at this point, in a way he reminds me of Gold.  He nails the character, but it is probably one that should have run its course and been killed off, but they will find contorted ways to keep redeeming him to keep him on the show.

Bex's version of Let it Go was amusing, and she seems to have a good voice.

Josh from the short clip, seems to have a voice you would expect Prince Charming to have.  It does seem kind of a shame that they never found a reason to have him wear a white sailor uniform on the show...

• Love 1
On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 10:23 AM, Souris said:

Jen is doing a play with Matthew Perry this summer. Good for her, but that's potentially problematic for the four conventions she's signed up for, especially the Europe ones, I should imagine. I can't imagine she'll be able to make all or maybe even any of them, which will suck for the fans. One of the reasons I'd never spend a lot of money on cons -- you never know if someone will cancel.

So at the beginning of March, Jen was advertised with CO and LP as being at the Denver Con the first weekend of June. Ads during this week's episode now have RM and ER with CO and LP.

I had been considering going to the Chicago con, but I'm really glad I dragged my feet on buying the tix. I still may go on Saturday to see Colin, but at least I didn't waste $$ on a Gold pass or a duo photo op as they only give vouchers, not refunds. I find it a little disappointing that Jen just cancelled 5 cons without a second thought (she has yet to acknowledge it) and Colin cancelled two (so far) even though he must have already known about his conflict back when he committed to the cons. Clearly all cons state that guests are subject to cancellation, but Creation was selling Gold Packages and Duo photo ops based on the two of them being there together, so it really sucks for people that bought the advanced tickets. To be honest, I was somewhat surprised when they both signed up for like 10 cons given they are both introverts who never seem all that comfortable at those things...

I know this is for promotion and because it's possibly the biggest episode they will ever do, but I do not want this to happen. I am normally a sucker for spoilers, but the Captain Swan wedding, something I have been waiting for for 3 years is the one thing I do not want spoiled. 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Shanna Marie said:

I don't care so much about hearing what happens at the wedding, but I would like to be able to brace myself for the musical part.

Same. Besides, I'm not sure there's much left to be spoiled as far as the wedding part of the episode goes. For better or worse (depending on where you stand, with regards to numerous aspects), I don't think it'll be that relevant and prominent a part of the episode beyond providing some sort of backdrop for the singing/musical numbers.

Lana Parrilla discusses OUAT on Build (feel free to skip the first three minutes if you aren't interested in hearing the host blather on). She talks about the musical episode, what she wants to steal from the set, and her favorite OUAT episode:

IF Jennifer is out, I'm thinking they may not renew it for another season. How can this show go on without their lead? I wish her the best, but I'm sad about the news.

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm incredibly annoyed with the timing of Jen's announcement.  The day after the wedding that we've waited 4 years for?  Oh, by the way I'm tired of being "owned" so I won't be back, well, maybe for one episode...WHATEVER.  It's called having a guaranteed steady job!  Which most of the rest of the world would love to have.  I do think the writers and powers that be tried to work with her.  She has hardly been onscreen this season.   It's hard to argue work/life balance when you're working less than 40 hours a week but taking home a full paycheck this season. 

I also feel bad for those who purchased convention tickets to meet her almost a year in advance only to have her pull out and no refunds offered.

I wish her well, but this sucks.

Edited

Edited by scenicbyway
because everyone thought I was attacking her personally, when I felt like, I was just pointing out that the other actors on the show had managed to have that life balance (that is the reason she's leaving) with the same work schedule.
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

I get that she wants to have a personal life but she is leaving the show single when literally every other main actor has managed to get married or have kids or both during the show's run.

This is just so unbelievably nasty and unnecessary. I understand that many are upset about this news - I'm one of them - but there is absolutely no reason to take such a personal and unwarranted shot like this. "Personal reasons" encompass a hell of a lot more than having a boyfriend. 

• Love 15
(edited)
19 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

It's hard to argue work/life balance when you're working less than 40 hours a week but taking home a full paycheck.  I get that she wants to have a personal life but she is leaving the show single when literally every other main actor has managed to get married or have kids or both during the show's run.

This is not fair. Is it JMo's fault that the writers gave Emma shitty storylines this season? She's not the first actor to move on from a project. Why should she stay on in a show where the quality of wiring has declined rapidly, and where her character has been sidelined for most of the season? It's not like she quit after Season 5--she stayed until the end of her contract. It's also weird to blame her for not being married. Sorry, I get being angry at an actor for leaving, but I feel like this is getting into personal attack territory.

I do feel bad for the people who bought tickets for cons hoping Jen would be there, but even back then, she said she would be at cons as her schedule permitted. She doesn't need to put her career on hold for this. As for refunds--it's not on Jen, but the con organizers.

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 5

Jennifer's family and friends are in LA and NYC.  She's been away from them for six years.  She's made no secret about not liking being away from everyone she loves while she's in Vancouver.  She's talked more than once about being lonely in Vancouver and having to work through it.  I'm not surprised she's not coming back.  

As far as the cons go, she up front said she'd have to cancel if there were scheduling conflicts.  

• Love 6

I get that she wants to have a personal life but she is leaving the show single when literally every other main actor has managed to get married or have kids or both during the show's run.

That's a bit much.  Nor does it really matter if she stayed single during this run.  Not everyone needs to find a happy ending when working on a long running TV show, even if they're about fairy tales.  Maybe she's been feeling that her time is over with on the show storyline and wasn't interested in any new direction that was proposed to her. 

That said, if the savior is done with the show, maybe it's time to end it now. 

• Love 3

I'm beginning to realize I'll be the only person still watching in S7. lol.

I feel sorry for Hook. If he does manage to stay a part of the show, then either he'll have to tragically lose Emma again or there will be some ridiculous reason he's there but she isn't. I'm more concerned about losing him than her because I've grown to like him over the past season. At the same time, I know without Emma he has no reason to exist. That's just his A&E designed his character, unfortunately.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

That said, if the savior is done with the show, maybe it's time to end it now. 

I cannot believe people are even saying "maybe" here.  This is a pretty clear-cut issue: this show is past its prime and needs to go.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

If Hook is still around, I'll begrudgingly be there with you in Season 7, @KingOfHearts. We can be the Statler and Waldorf of these boards. 

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, RolloTomasi said:

This is just so unbelievably nasty and unnecessary. I understand that many are upset about this news - I'm one of them - but there is absolutely no reason to take such a personal and unwarranted shot like this. "Personal reasons" encompass a hell of a lot more than having a boyfriend. 

Sorry everyone, I've edited my post.  Obviously I shouldn't have posted right after hearing the news.  Getting the news that your favorite show is basically ending the morning after the best episode but before the finale was startling. 

17 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

I feel sorry for Hook. If he does manage to stay a part of the show, then either he'll have to tragically lose Emma again or there will be some ridiculous reason he's there but she isn't. I'm more concerned about losing him than her because I've grown to like him over the past season. At the same time, I know without Emma he has no reason to exist. That's just his A&E designed his character, unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, Curio said:

If Hook is still around, I'll begrudgingly be there with you in Season 7, @KingOfHearts. We can be the Statler and Waldorf of these boards. 

Me too. If Hook stays, I would probably stay, even if I only see his scenes.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

I'll still be watching too. :) For vastly different reasons, I'm sure, but I definitely want to see what's in store for Storybrooke with Emma out of the picture. Can't imagine how they'll spin it.

• Love 1

With Emma gone I doubt I'll be back for season 7.  Emma, Snow, David and Rumple were my reasons for watching way back when.  Emma will now be gone, from what I've heard Snow and David will also be gone, and Rumple's character was destroyed years ago.  I'm fine with season 6 being my last.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

If Jennifer Morrison isn't returning for more than one episode (which would likely be the last ep of a possible S7), I hope they keep Mader if they're renewing.

I agree - they should close out the Charming side including Emma and Hook. Mader would be a good addition if they go in a different direction.

According to Matt Mitovich, the announcement about Jen was going to come today anyway. The media had the articles ready. Jen just decided to be the first one to announce it.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

I'll be watching, probably for the same reason I still watch Grey's Anatomy and SVU. I've watched this long, I might as well see how it ends. If they want a season 7, since the fall season only seems to last about two months, they might as well just do a half season, which should be just enough time to tie up loose ends and finish up stories. If Emma and the Charmings aren't there, focus on the other characters. Give Regina a new romance to give her a happy ending. I don't get the Henry hate, so I'd love to see his story tied up where he maybe finds a new girlfriend, finishes school and heads to college, etc. 

• Love 2

This is such bad PR. No one at ABC thought it'd be better to hold off on this news until after the finale aired? Any happiness I had over last nights episode has now been ruined.

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, Proteus said:

This is such bad PR. No one at ABC thought it'd be better to hold off on this news until after the finale aired? Any happiness I had over last nights episode has now been ruined.

It's a tough situation. There was really no good option.

On the one hand, I'm sure it feels really crappy for CS fans because the wedding turns out to be, in essence, the end of their story.

On the other hand, Jen leaving is going to be a promotional opportunity in the lead-up to the finale. 

And announcing it before last night's episode might have dimmed what little enthusiasm the musical/wedding managed to generate. 

42 minutes ago, Proteus said:

The only thing I can think of why it was released now is that it gives fans a chance to tune in on Sunday for basically Emma's last episode?  Maybe build some momentum for the finale?

Otherwise, it would've been more appropriate to announce she wasn't returning NEXT Monday.  After the finale, or maybe when the show is or isn't picked up.

I think even if it was announced this week, Wednesday would've been a better time then 12 hours after the wedding.  Talk about no Honeymoon.

Perhaps doing it this early they thought it would create some distance between Jen leaving and whether or not the show is renewed?  Or maybe next week will be all about the new characters and the new direction the show is going in?

It sounds to me like Jen is the most gone out of all of them.  I think Ginny and Josh have been open to guest spots, who knows with Bex.  But Jen's "one" episode offer seems pretty clear cut.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

I think even if it was announced this week, Wednesday would've been a better time then 12 hours after the wedding. Talk about no Honeymoon.

Well, considering we'll never see Emma and Killian's actual honeymoon, I suppose it's only fitting. 

• Love 3