Type keyword(s) to search

The Storybrooke Daily Mirror: OUaT in the Media, Cons and Other Real Life Encounters

• Start Topic

Here's what's on the Season 5 set (apparently me):

Disc One: 
Audio Commentary: For The Dark Swan: Co-Creators/Executive Producers Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz & Actor Jennifer Morrison.

Disc Two: 

Audio Commentary: For Birth: Executive Producer/Writer David H. Goodman, Producer/Writer Jerome Schwatrz, and Actor Colin O'Donoghue.

Disc Three: 

Tales from the Underworld: A Knight with Cruella (1080p, 4:19): Half drunk at a bar, Cruella de Vil meets one of King Arthur's knights.

Merida in Storybrooke (1080p, 8:00): Actress Amy Manson gets into costume and discusses her character and wardrobe. The piece also looks at some of her complimentary accessories, swordplay and combat rehearsals, the series' strong female characters, and fun on the set.

The Fairest Bloopers of Them All (1080p 5:57): Humorous moments and missteps from the shoot.

Deleted Scenes (1080p): Savior Remains (0:54), Dad Duty (0:40), Trivial Pursuits (0:24), Fork in the Past(1:07), Safe & Cloud (0:14), Enchantment (1:30), Another Option (3:19), Reality Check (0:48),Unappetizing (0:53), Belle of the Box (0:42), Two Halves (0:25), Eating Feelings (1:44), Stunner's Stew(1:16), Earning Trust (0:40), Blocked Magic (3:23), Reconnecting (0:46), Writing Wrongs (1:42), and Loaded(2:30). Scenes are presented without any predefined context, so fans will have to piece them together themselves.

Audio Commentary: For Only You: Executive Producers/Writers David H. Goodman & Andrew Chambliss.

Once Celebrates One Hundred (1080p, 1:45): A toast to the series' 100th episode.

Edited by Writing Wrongs
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, Souris said:

I am offended they're spending 8 minutes on a Merida feature.

Lol. I'm starting to think A&E really did offer Amy a regular spot on the Show. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Souris said:

Why in the world did they pick Only You to do commentary on -- and just the writers?

I am offended they're spending 8 minutes on a Merida feature.

There were episodes that were leaps and bounds better than "Only You".

And instead of Merida, more bloopers? They are so stingy with those.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

There were episodes that were leaps and bounds better than "Only You".

And instead of Merida, more bloopers? They are so stingy with those.

At least we got six minutes of bloopers. I think in past years it's been less hasn't it?

So apparently the disc design for the BluRay set is put together by pieces created by one of the more distinguished fan artists - who had no idea her work would be used that way. Chances are that's within their rights, considering that part of the source material are their promo pictures of the characters, but geez... at least drop her an email or something? Everyone knows their own graphics design team is incapable of putting anything decent together and most fans would probably be happy to have their work featured for any official merchandise/promotion material, but it should be common courtesy to at least acknowledge you're using someone else's work...

When you look at copyright law, fan art isn't well protected at all. The artist should know going in that by manipulating ABC's images, she doesn't have much room to sue or get compensation. It's kind of like fanfiction that way.

• Love 1

That particular fan on her Twitter says she was only looking for acknowledgement if they really had used her graphics. But it looks like it was a false alarm and merely started another needless Twitter drama. I think that fan ought to have looked into the issue more thoroughly before tweeting Adam and abc. 

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 1

Of course fans should be acknowledged for their fan art, even if it isn't technically kosher. But at the same time, I was really confused. I don't think ABC is stupid enough to just rip off fan art for official stuff, especially considering they have their own in-house design team.

• Love 2

Every time I think we've hit the lowest level of skill and talent, well, to quote Joss Whedon via Cordelia Chase.  "Oh, no.  Here's a lower place."

Maybe they have an in-house contest going, to see how bad they can make stuff and still have it okayed?

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

There's been a lot of publicity centered around the deleted scenes in the S5 DVD set. It's funny because from what I've heard most of them have no point in being watched.

Or directly contradict what was shown on television. (i.e. Emma saying Neal "gave her permission" to go after Hook, when Neal was the one begging Emma not to go.)

• Love 1

Which is probably why it was deleted. Adam made it clear on Twitter this week that the deleted scenes aren't canon. Some were kind of useless but some were just nice or interesting. 

1 hour ago, sharky said:

Which is probably why it was deleted. Adam made it clear on Twitter this week that the deleted scenes aren't canon. Some were kind of useless but some were just nice or interesting. 

You know, unless he says they're canon. Like what he did with the Henry/Rumple scene from S4.

• Love 2

Jmo, Colin and Lana confirmed for all of next year's Creation cons. Jmo and Colin on Saturdays, Lana on Sundays. I can cut my hotel stay back for van since I won't need Sunday possibly Friday either depending on when the studio tour is. Now that they have a better lineup the prices will probably go higher. SPN prices are way higher than the OUAT prices I've seen so far.

So even if I can't save up enough for Vancouver I can hit the Burbank con in the fall! 

Here's the link to all the cons & lineups. They've added some more OUAT guests since last night (all recurring or guest characters).

Predictably, SQers are having a tantrum fit about Jen & Lana being on separate days for them all & tagging Creation, Jen & Lana. It's possible it was an actor choice, but it's equally or more likely that it was Creation's choice. According to a friend of a friend who works on cons, the con pays the talent per day. Having their big draws/expensive actors separated on only one day each means they: 1) will have to pay the actors less, and 2) will ensure attendees both days. It makes total sense, because Lana will draw ERs and Jen/Colin will draw a ton of CSers. For once, Lana isn't the first guest announced, which means fans other than ERs will have a chance to get tickets when they go on sale.

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, pezgirl7 said:

Yay, Chicago is on the list! So who else is gonna be there?! :) I hope Creation doesn't change the schedule and they keep Jen and Colin on Saturday.

That's my hometown! I definitely need to pay another visit, and I think there's business-related conference going on then too. Maybe I can turn this into a business trip.

Maybe this is me being cynical, but you never know how shedules may change between now and then. If we know one thing, the concerted power of hate can be strong. The bullies have pushed convention organizers and actors to change schedules before. So, if it was me, I would keep that in mind when making plans.

• Love 2