Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

Wouldn't it be great if CBS cancelled Y&R from its daytime lineup and moved it over to Showtime? Imagine what kind of stuff would come out of EB/Victor's mouth. I bet Phyllis, Billy, Hilary, and Sage would be going hard with the profanity too on a regular basis.

• Love 6

Wouldn't it be great if CBS cancelled Y&R from its daytime lineup and moved it over to Showtime? Imagine what kind of stuff would come out of EB/Victor's mouth. I bet Phyllis, Billy, Hilary, and Sage would be going hard with the profanity too on a regular basis.

I would watch it for sure!

• Love 4

Yes but they might be some nude or graphic scenes of the leads. Which means Victor, Undertaker Billy, Kane, CaveGorilla, Wooden Dildo, Hammertime.

• Love 6

Blind Items from jamey giddens at daytime confidential

http://daytimeconfidential.com/2016/04/11/blind-items-which-soaps-are-doing-spring-cleaning

For some time now, the suds rumor mill has been grinding out gossip about this soap or that one enduring budget cuts. At this point it would be easier to do a blind item about which sudser isn't cutting costs!

Three out of four daytime dramas are drawing up their purse strings, according to my moles. That doesn't mean every soap is pinching pennies in the same manner, mind you!

One soap is keeping sets standing for much longer than usual because the serial's executive producer went so over budget with big stakes Sweeps stories. Utilizing the same old (or like new) sets is one thing; trimming the cast is another.

This one bubble maker on another dial is seriously looking at cutting down the cast. I hear a popular duo — who respectively play the children of core characters — could be shown the door.

I know what you're thinking. Didn't Days of Our Lives just do that? Yep, they sure did. However, I'm talking about another soap! Apparently the show's writers can't think of anything to do with the twosome in question.

They're finding plenty to do with another pairing fans seem to love. Too bad the male half of the equation hates working with his female counterpart. This just might land one or both of these thespians on the chopping block. It doesn't help that this fictional couple's ties to the canvas are tenuous at best.

Another cost saver might be to gut the male half of yet another of this soap's most popular current couples. Fans will go ape poop if this guy is fired. Like seriously, I wouldn't want to be anywhere near Twitter for at least two weeks. The thing is, the dude's boss simply cannot stand him.

Speaking of chopping blocks, I hear a case is being made to oust one teflon showrunner. Hmm, I wonder who'll be better at playing the daytime version of Game of Thrones this time?

• Love 9

you're welcome.

i think the one leaving sets up is Y&R too.

i was hoping the showrunner was either pratt or phelps..isn't showrunner the term for ep?

both of them would be better tho IMO. 

did anyone read the comments section?  some of the posts are really good.  liked the one that said that the duo with tenuous connections was with ms and rh.  apparently, ms doesn't like that rh likes to prepare for his scenes etc. instead of like stafford who likes to be spontaneous instead.

• Love 5

Roger Howarth prepares for his scenes? LMAO. Doesn't seem like it. 

LOL  i don't know, i don't watch any of the soaps that are left except for occasionally this one.

apparently, it was said in one of her interviews.  i read it in the comments section of the article.

• Love 1

I guess trouble ahead for Chadam?

Perhaps... but BTS chemistry and long-term committed couples don't necessarily equate to onscreen sizzle. For a big example of that, look at what happened when Y&R paired AH with her spouse TL. They fizzled rather than sizzled and he wound up eventually being written off the show.

But I guess we now know why they had to give SP and RA, along with LB and others the old heave-ho: to make room under the "salary cap" - to use an American sports metaphor to explain the "out on waivers" approach to personnel right-sizing. And, of course, not to forget JFP's big lust-get, JT (apparently).

God I hate this fucking show now.

• Love 7

I'm surprised it took this long for Chrishell Stause to show up. I was really expecting her to end up on B&B instead of Y&R. It'll be interesting to see who they mix her up with. She's probably too old to be running around with Summer and I'm not sure how she'd fit in with the Winters unless she turns out to be a old friend of Hilary's. (Oh gawd, please keep her away from the Neil and Devon tag team.) Maybe if the rumors are true about KS she'll be Nick's next romance?

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 1

Chrishell is 35 (if a young-looking 35, going off her run on Days), which should put her out of the young-adult crowd.  There isn't really a middle ground between that and Nick's circle, though, so that can go either way.  She might end up being a friend of Abby's or something.

• Love 2

Would it kill the show to hire a woman of colour for one of these random babes walking into town roles?

The actress who played Marisa was good. But they paired her with Noah and nixed her accent. She was good enough she could have survived her million backstories but no one can survive Noah.

And now another Barbie comes to town. Should be earth shattering. RME.

• Love 8

I liked Chrishell Stause on AMC but she was bad on Days. I wonder why so many actors who were on AMC got worse when they went to NBC or CBS. I think maybe because Darnell Williams/Jesse was the onset acting coach for many yrs until the end and he's very talented and an excellent teacher. It could also be David Canary and the other vets giving tips. I mean those 2 could have taught theater at Julliard so even a terrible actor had moments of decency.

It annoys me how ability completely is irrelevant in this regime. It's all who you know or fuck. We've had so many awesome people quit / get fired but Jill's stupid pets and their entourage stay.

• Love 10

Because of their looks and age. Also I think KS is more regarded in daytime and definitely an FOJ so it would be a snub.

Fun fact. If KS's tics are crazy eyes and outlandish mugging CS's are sexy eyes or grimacing.

^^^Interesting, Spinx!! The other issue -- and the tweeter mentions it -- is where the fuck are the sets? Where is the Abbott house and even that Newman Ranch -- I hate the new one but it is Nikki's HOME. Apparently Pratt blew the production budget on sweeps nonsense. So they could afford to revamp the Chancellor set for ONE newbie FOJ but we can't see the Abbott house that has not in the 30-odd years I've watched this show been offscreen for this long? Bullshit.

• Love 12
On 4/29/2016 at 4:33 PM, crosby777 said:

I don't find her pretty at all and I think she is amongst the worst actors on tv. She is bad.. real fucking bad.

I agree..... I never liked her on  AMC or Days! 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, spinxella said:

2iutff4.jpg

Angelica McDaniel is the Head of CBS Daytime.

It's rumored Ferret Phelps gutted the iconic Chancellor set behind the network's back and they are not happy about it.

That actually makes a certain sense...and would definitely explain why the show never even alluded to the change before just dropping it on us.  And while I suspect it does fall under production-level stuff, which nominally is JFP/Pratt's bailiwick, this might well have been the one thing they might have needed to at least bounce off either CBS or Sony first.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, spinxella said:

It's rumored Ferret Phelps gutted the iconic Chancellor set behind the network's back and they are not happy about it.

Well eff me!  If that isn't a firing offense for a showrunner, it bloody well should be.  The Billygate conspiracy deepens.   

• Love 6
(edited)

Ferret Phelps- Bahaha

I find it mysterious AMcD knows the viewer feedback and sometimes agrees but hasn't rapped Jill or Pratt's knuckles. Between the show runners power plays and the actors tiffs and cliques I think the better soap is behind the scenes than the shitty stories on screen. 

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Ferret Phelps- Bahaha

I find it mysterious AMcD knows the viewer feedback and sometimes agrees but hasn't rapped Jill or Pratt's knuckles. Between the show runners power plays and the actors tiffs and cliques I think the better soap is behind the scenes than the shitty stories on screen. 

Maybe their knuckles have been rapped. I'm surprised at Angela McD's tweets of late. She's usually a toady but she was riffing with people about Sharon and Sage's car race and the Chancellor Mansion etc. Plus there are changes on screen (abrupt story changes, I mean). I think things are happening behind the scenes.

The ratings are shit. Huge drops this week. They are consistently falling with the odd blip up. And they are bottoming out in the key demos. The embarrassing Emmy night won't help Pratt and JFP.

And I am quite serious in my other posts re: Travis and NEVERBilly. It's unbelievable to me that show doesn't realize this new guy flirting with Victoria will remind viewers of what Billy should look and act like. I know I can be blinded by PB love but I also believe people BTS have noticed this FOJ JT has strolled on show and within days been handed Jack's three-decade rivalry/revenge story with Victor, his business plays, his wife and an iconic set while Jack/Victoria are written like imbeciles to prop "Philly" and remain homeless (along with Nikki). It's fucking ridiculous. JFP is a shameless moron.

• Love 11
(edited)

Jamey Giddens said in the DC podcast that CBS didn't know about Ferret Phelps "remodeling" the Chancellor set.

Daytime Confidential #822: Sackcloth and Ashes

"The Higher Ups did not know this was happening. CBS did not know this was happening. I hear CBS is just as furious as the fans. Chuck & Jill did this bullshit. And Chuck & Jill thought no one would notice. It wasn't going to be addressed in the story! Let me tell you that. It wasn't even going to be addressed in story until the Network said 'What are you doing? Fans are going to lose their shit!' So then they had to write in this whole 'Jill signing the house over to Billy'. Because it was just going to be Billy's new house! Jill & Chuck thought that fans would not even notice! This is Jill's MO."

bvKF4q.jpg

Ferret & Pratt butchered the Chancellor set to match their new GH Billy Drake and thought fans wouldn't notice.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Edited by spinxella
  • Love 12

After Y&R had so many nominations, and one win for a character that hasn't been on in nearly a year, how can the shit not hit the fan and smack Ferret Phelps and Pratt in the face?  CBS cannot be happy with both the ratings and now the lack of Emmys.   One can only hope for some major changes in both the bosses and scripts.  

• Love 11
52 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

After Y&R had so many nominations, and one win for a character that hasn't been on in nearly a year, how can the shit not hit the fan and smack Ferret Phelps and Pratt in the face?  CBS cannot be happy with both the ratings and now the lack of Emmys.   One can only hope for some major changes in both the bosses and scripts.  

Oh I hope so.  It's all right there for TPTB to see -if they care.  The same was true for AMC but nothing ever changed and I scoffed at the idea that the network didn't care.  Man, was I wrong.  Different network, but I no longer have any faith in network execs giving a shit about soaps.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, ejami61 said:

I agree..... I never liked her on  AMC or Days! 

I think she is horrible.. she was sooooo bad on Days

7 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/daytime-emmy-awards-winners-list-887787/item/daytime-emmy-awards-2016-drama-887851

The Daytime Emmys were held. Jessica Collins, as Avery Bailey Clark, The Young and the Restless was the only Y and R winner. They must've liked her cupcakes.

good.. I am glad that is the only Y&R win.. they do not deserve to win anything

• Love 5

I hope something happens.. this is the closest I have ever been to turning this shit off.. it is not entertaining.

• Love 4

Awesome dish, Spinx. So JFP just gifted her hideous new pet THAT set???????? I thought it was a very poor attempt to offer fans continuity. But nope. Fuck fans and fuck Jeanne Cooper. There's a new SCARECROW in town! 

• Love 11