Type keyword(s) to search

Media Things

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Capricasix said:

Interesting article about the creation and animation of the Demigorgon (which I still can't bear to look at!).

http://www.vice.com/read/the-man-who-played-the-monster-in-stranger-things?utm_source=vicetwitterus

Nice! I like that he backs up my plant-based monster theory: 

VICE: What's with the petals? Is the monster a plant monster?

Mark Steger: That's a fair speculation. I feel like the monster maybe is more mushroom, which is kind of between plant and animal. Mushroom DNA is more similar to animal DNA than to plant DNA, [but the monster is] something else. He bleeds—or maybe they bleed, or she bleeds. I don't know what pronoun to use for the monster! But it feels like a little bit of both [plant and animal] to me.

2 hours ago, secnarf said:

Two very different videos!

One - Gaten Matarazzo singing Bring Him Home

Two - RIP Barb rap

I think it's strange they say Gaten is covering the song when it's pretty obvious it's karaoke. It's also a bit sad that this kid has a great voice and people in the background don't really seem to be interested in it (if the background talking is anything to go by). I guess they made up for it at the end :P

Hah, that rap! It's crazy how much people have gotten into the show, the last show I watched this this type of input from fans was Gravity Falls.

• Love 1

Gaten's singing is interesting because according to the Duffer Brothers, his voice dropped after filming and it was so different they weren't even able to use him for redubs. I'd love to hear him sing again now!

• Love 3

http://screenrant.com/stranger-things-season-2-episodes-titles/?utm_source=SR-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=SR-FB-P&view=lista

This includes the trailer, which in turns includes all the episode titles.  I'm intrigued that the first one listed is "Madmax."

They're apparently skipping ahead to the fall of 1984.  That was a great year for music and music videos as pop culture.  It also naturally accounts for why all the kid actors will likely be noticeably older looking instead of going the Carl on The Walking Dead route, which is still pretending only roughly two years have passed while the actor has now gone through puberty and is taller than many of his adult costars after six seasons. 

SAG nominations:  SAG shows Stranger Things a lot of love, with an ensemble nomination for the whole cast and not one but two nominations for Female Actor in a Drama Series (SAG doesn't distinguish between leading and supporting actors), for Millie Bobby Brown and Winona Ryder.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Stranger Things won the Screen Actors Guild award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series!

And David Harbour's acceptance speech on behalf of the cast was excellent; I'd link it but it'd likely be out of date to later readers of the forum.  Should be easy to find, however.

• Love 2

I just keep thinking a show about a bunch of kids beat out the HBO dragon juggernaut and their new Robot show.  And the kids reaction was amazing.   I mean they all acted liked exited kids on a suger rush.   Plus yeah after all the negative comments I read about Winona's acting her facial expressions during the acceptance speach was just a sight.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 1

That would explain her looking at the paper like she couldn't believe what was coming out of his mouth. You'd think her years of being famous would teach her to hid her thoughts/feelings better though, because we all know that shit is going to be GIFed around the world and people are going to think she's nuts. lol

• Love 1
2 hours ago, blueray said:

Halloween? Why so far away. I thought they already started filming.

Probably to help hype it around the holiday. 

As an aside, this trailer only strengthens my pet theory that the Upside Down is the future world that came from the demigorgon getting loose in our dimension. 

14 hours ago, blueray said:

Halloween? Why so far away. I thought they already started filming.

I think they're somewhat behind on filming, honestly. They were supposed to start around mid-October, and they've obviously filmed some stuff, but the kids are doing so much promo and there's awards season, so I think that's delayed things. Makes sense it would take longer this time around too, what with being given an extra episode.

In the teaser, am I wrong or did we see Eleven holding her hands over her face at around 0:15? It looks like Millie all right, with her partially grown in hair. Does this mean she gets sprung out of the Upside Down fairly quickly? I hope so, because it would tick me off if we had to spend the entire season trying to find her a la Will in season one. I absolutely love the dynamic she's built with Joyce and the other kids and want to see a lot more of that, especially with Will back in the mix.

Edited by EarlGreyTea

Two-time Academy Award-winner Andrew Stanton (Finding Nemo/Dory, WALL-E, and, er, John Carter) will direct two episodes of the show.  One episode will also be directed by indie filmmaker Rebecca Thomas.  The balance will be handled by the Duffer Brother and Shawn Levy, as with last year.

On 07/02/2017 at 2:47 AM, EarlGreyTea said:

I think they're somewhat behind on filming, honestly. They were supposed to start around mid-October, and they've obviously filmed some stuff, but the kids are doing so much promo and there's awards season, so I think that's delayed things. Makes sense it would take longer this time around too, what with being given an extra episode.

They were always planning for the second season to happen around Halloween, as far as I'm aware. It makes sense to me, because it gives them a unique feel, both with the Halloween traditions and with the late autumn atmosphere, and because it means they can write the kids in school, which wouldn't be possible during the summer.

Netflix really have no scheduling pressures or desperate need for hits to raise their profile. They're doing very nicely, and seem utterly chilled about releasing their original series whenever they're good and ready. Much better business model than the networks are permitted.

On 2/11/2017 at 10:28 AM, Danny Franks said:

They were always planning for the second season to happen around Halloween, as far as I'm aware. It makes sense to me, because it gives them a unique feel, both with the Halloween traditions and with the late autumn atmosphere, and because it means they can write the kids in school, which wouldn't be possible during the summer.

Netflix really have no scheduling pressures or desperate need for hits to raise their profile. They're doing very nicely, and seem utterly chilled about releasing their original series whenever they're good and ready. Much better business model than the networks are permitted.

I agree, and Halloween sounds like a perfect time, even though selfishly I wanted to see it over the summer.  I along with millions of others probably screamed "nooooooo!" when I saw the Halloween date during the Super Bowl ad.

The release date of S2 shouldn't impact writing the kids in school though. S1 took place in early/mid November right? And the actual show premiered over the summer, so no issues there.  But I think it ultimately will be more fun if it's simultaneously the same time of year for us and the characters.   

Nancy and Jonathan – was it mentioned in the show if they were juniors or seniors in high school?  I don't remember much college talk so I assumed juniors, and then it would be easier storywise for those characters to return as well.  

Edited by dannymoon