Type keyword(s) to search

Kardashians in the Media

• Start Topic

I can understand where you guys are coming from, I have a different view. I don't want to argue and defend Lamar's actions but there was more they could have done on both sides if they really wanted to make the marriage work. Hard core maybe, but take away hollywood, sports teams, money and family influence and lock yourself in a cabin in the woods and things will get decided a lot faster. Fuck the drug and hooker influence, if you don't have access to it then you can't use it.

Addiction doesn't work that way. Khloe can't just lock Lamar in a cabin until he doesn't want to do drugs anymore, and its not on her to get him clean. Not to mention that it sounds like he's a hard core drug user. He can't just decide to stop cold turkey. That could kill him. It has to be done in a rehab, with medical professionals. Khloe did everything she possibly could, but Lamar didn't care enough about her or his children to get help. He chose drugs over his family, and until he decides to get help, this will keep happening to him. Khloe got out because she had to start putting herself first, otherwise she was going to get dragged down by Lamar's addiction. 

Lamar decided his vows meant nothing, when he cheated on Khloe. She should have divorced him for that alone, especially after everything she did for him. Was she supposed to let him do whatever he wanted to her, and stay simply because she promised to? That's not healthy for anyone.

Edited by MissE
  • Love 13

Legally they're still married so Khloe is the next of Kin. The doctors needed some friend or family member to sign consent forms and to make life or death decisons about Lamars care.

And if she refused, what would they do?

Lamar is a long time addict and he knows all the tricks to cover for himself and manipulate others. He's learned that from his dad who weasels back into his life every few years and has his hand out.

Lamar crying the blues about how Khloe will always be his wife etc, that is all an attempt to manipulate her. She took care of him, he'd love to be back being babied and fussed over, and continuing to do his disappearing act and using, while she runs around covering for him.

If he recuperates and sincerely wants to get clean, he'll go off alone somewhere and get his head straight. Then come back and see if there's any hope for the two of them.

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 7

I don't think Lamar wants Khloe back. You don't cheat on someone and leave them because you're in love with them. People don't break up with people that they want to be with, no matter how badly some people want to believe that!

• Love 6

Addiction doesn't work that way. Khloe can't just lock Lamar in a cabin until he doesn't want to do drugs anymore, and its not on her to get him clean. Not to mention that it sounds like he's a hard core drug user. He can't just decide to stop cold turkey. That could kill him. It has to be done in a rehab, with medical professionals. Khloe did everything she possibly could, but Lamar didn't care enough about her or his children to get help. He chose drugs over his family, and until he decides to get help, this will keep happening to him. Khloe got out because she had to start putting herself first, otherwise she was going to get dragged down by Lamar's addiction. 

Lamar decided his vows meant nothing, when he cheated on Khloe. She should have divorced him for that alone, especially after everything she did for him. Was she supposed to let him do whatever he wanted to her, and stay simply because she promised to? That's not healthy for anyone. Although his drug use might have ended their marriage, who's to say that Khloe didn't party Lamar style when they were dating? Just because they're wealthy and like to party and just because drugs are as easy to get in L.A. as a slice of ham, I don't want to accuse any of the Kardashians of ever using drugs but to say it never happened would be a stretch of the imagination too.

This is one of the pitfalls of marrying a man or woman that you've only known for a month. After only one month, how could Khloe know that he was a drug abuser and womanizer? After a month, I'm just beginning to get comfortable with a new bra. It's absolutely reckless to get married to a man you barely know. It wouldn't have taken very long for Khloe to realize that Lamar Odom had a big problem. Let's face it, Khloe was a party girl when she met Lamar. I'm not suggesting that she took recreation drugs with Lamar but having immense wealth and living in L.A. where drugs are easy to get, it's a little hard to believe she absolutely didn't party with him once or twice with drugs. Lamar is the only person that can change his bad habits, nobody else in the world can but him.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 7

I don't think Lamar wants Khloe back. You don't cheat on someone and leave them because you're in love with them. People don't break up with people that they want to be with, no matter how badly some people want to believe that!

She's the one who ended it and left him after the cheating, he's the one who kept doing interviews saying she'd always be his wife. 

• Love 1

She's the one who ended it and left him after the cheating, he's the one who kept doing interviews saying she'd always be his wife. 

During one of the Thailand vacation episodes they had a scene with Khloe talking to Brandon & Brody about the divorce & she says she told Lamar she wanted a divorce just to shake him up, but instead he said "OK" & that's why they got divorced.

http://www.eonline.com/shows/kardashians/news/565231/khloe-kardashian-opens-up-about-lamar-odom-divorce-he-got-sloppy-and-started-messing-with-all-of-those-girls?cmpid=sn-050313-twitter-na-enews

• Love 3

Lamar decided his vows meant nothing, when he cheated on Khloe. She should have divorced him for that alone, especially after everything she did for him. Was she supposed to let him do whatever he wanted to her, and stay simply because she promised to? That's not healthy for anyone

I know how addiction works. I disagree with everything you've said but it's opinion and too personal for me to argue about. I'm glad Lamar is feeling better.

• Love 1

Is it just me or has Dennis Hof gotten quieter as word is out that Lamar is waking up? I hope Lamar doesn't have memory loss of the days and events preceding his overdose. I'd like to be a fly on the wall when Lamar hears that, according to Hof, he spontaneously offered nearly $75,000.00 to two hard looking hookers just to spend a few days partying with him. While I don't doubt that Lamar was stupidly burning his cash up, Hof is lower than pond scum and I would not be surprised even a tiny bit to hear that when it looked like Lamar wasn't going to make it, Hof maxed his card. And if Lamar does have some memory loss, well, I hope his lawyers use Hof's initial statements about how his good "friend" Lamar was staying with him for free to dispute the charges. Seriously, Hof is vile. Pimp Momager Kris is not even a shadow on the real thing here.

Much of this discussion is better suited to Khloe's thread. Please keep this thread to discussing actual media reports about the Kardashians, not whether Lamar ever wanted to get clean, whether Khloe enabled him or rehashing their relationship in other ways. Thanks.

It's really interesting how wealthy, ambitious, self-centered, self-righteous people can suddenly find God and religion when tragedy strikes. Up to that point there's no references to any Bible quotes, no passages from Scripture or nary a mention of God. Faith is used like an Ace card in the hole, when it looks like they're going to lose the hand they still have that Ace to bring out to win the game.

It has been this way for centuries with Industrialists like J.D. Rockefeller, Dale Carnegie and other "robber barons" , the 19th century industrialists who used unethical or illegal practices to build monopolies. At the end of their lives, when they had all they wanted they realized that their ends were near and they became philanthropic and built great colleges, medical centers and concert halls. It was like they felt that giving back to society even at that late stage of the game, would get them a pass from God.

The Kardashian's are power magnates on a different level in our 21st Century, but not very unlike those greedy Industrialists of the 19th Century. By using Lamar Odom's overdose on drugs and presenting this tragic event as their own personal 'watershed moment' in which their fame, fortune and greed is suddenly not so important at this moment that they'll put it on the back burner for a little bit, or at least until Lamar speaks one complete sentence. They will implore their fans for prayers for Lamar Odom, but when has any one of them ever offered up a prayer for any person other than one of their own in order for personal gain.

I think you mean Andrew.

LMFAO

Wedding vows don't mean you stay in a toxic relationship..

Actually that was my entire point, marriage is for better or worse no matter what. Abuse and infidelity are the only two acceptable reasons to end that marriage. Khloe made the off hand decision to marry Lamar in a month not knowing him, she deserves no sympathy. Lamar cheated, hey then take off and run Khloe but don't play the victim because you didn't take the time to get to know who he really was. So what if Khloe gets a little stressed, has some diarrhea and sleepless nights? You do it to yourself.

• Love 1

My issue with the post article is the fact that they keep referencing tabloids, which are hardly known for reliability - Radar, especially.  And while I think the Post opinion is valid, I think it's just that.  An opinion, and there is plenty or room to poke holes in that opinion because they are using the wrong examples and random, unnamed sources.   

Scott and Lamar came onto the show with problems.  Scott was introduced to us as unreliable, a party guy, and basically an a$$hole.  His very first introduction was a storyline that maybe he had cheated on Kourtney, and it wasn't long before the drinking issues showed up.  Lamar had problems with drugs back before he met Khloe.  Both Scott and Lamar had family tragedy that fueled the problems until this point, with Lamar's story being one of the most tragic that I've heard.  What's to say they wouldn't have landed at this point anyway?   They are not innocent victims of the Kardashian machine, as the Post would have you believe.  

In fact I'd go as far as to say that Scott is just as much a part of K-town as anybody else.  He's been there since day 1.  He has profited since day 1.  He knows the drill.  Scott had alcohol problems from the start.  His parents passed away so quickly.  He could very well have gone on a crazy bender and cheated on a girlfriend and landed in rehab, without Kourtney.  The elements were all there, except for the press.  And given that he has welcomed the press and the tabloids with open arms (you've never once seen him yell at TMZ cameras like Lamar or push back on social media or in the press about how he's been portrayed, like Kris Humphries), I'm not convinced it's the attention and lifestyle that pushed him over the edge.  

And as for Lamar, to be honest, again, there's nothing to say that this wouldn't have happened to him anyway.  The press is claiming that the Sunday night show sent him over the edge.  But let's put this in perspective here - he was AT A BROTHEL ALREADY USING DRUGS when he allegedly watched the show.  How do we even know he watched the show?  We don't.  "Somebody" says so in the NY Post article.  How do we know he wasn't passed out, taking a shower, or you know, having sex with a one of Hof's girls because, let's remember, he was at a brothel?  Who is to be believed that he even watched it?  America's Pimp?  Sorry but Hof is scum of the earth, as far as I'm concerned.  I take Khloe's word, and the Kardashian word, over anything that comes out of his mouth (and I have no doubt that he was a good source for a good part of that article).  Khloe at least loved Lamar, I'm don't think anybody doubts that.  What did David Hof see in him?  Dollar signs.  75k of them, if the press is to be believed.  

Here's what we know for certain.  Lamar overdosed while at a brothel in Nevada.  The Kardashians went to be with him, as did former teammates, family and other friends.  We know that he is awake.  

We also know that the press would be there, no matter what.  Because yes, it is the Kardashians.  And 2, because Lamar was a sports celebrity in his own right, and while the media circus might not have been as nuts as it is now, there still would have been a market for this story even if the Kardashians weren't involved.  We know that reports coming out of the hospital have been all over the place (people who are brain dead do not wake up and say "hi baby" their estranged spouse).  We do know that as his wife, Khloe is the one to make medical decisions for Lamar.  That's what we know 100% for certain.  

He's what we don't know for certain.  We don't know all of the specifics of Lamar's brothel bender.  We don't know the current state of his health.  We do not know how this will be handled on the show yet.  I'm not so sure it will be horrible, I think they handled Caitlin's transition in a pretty decent manner.  I think the biggest failure of the Armenia trip was that they didn't do enough, but I didn't find it offensive and it was certainly more interesting than watching Kim steal breast milk for her psoriasis.  And up until now, they've treated the Lamar situation pretty fairly.  I mean, you didn't see Kris yelling "that piece of shit" when Lamar rapping about cheating on Khloe hit the public.  

If there was a figure in their life that was truly just a prop for them, I'd say that title goes to Kris Humphries.  I just don't think we can point that finger quite so clearly to Scott Disick and Lamar Odom.    

• Love 7

The Kardashians are working hard to paint a rosy picture of Lamar's recovery, but if he's actually suffered a stroke (or multiple), there is no way he is talking or texting this soon.  They're really downplaying how serious his condition is, and it is really going to come back to bite them in the butt a week from now when their fans will be expecting Lamar to just sashay out of the hospital like his old self.

If they want to create the impression that the Kardashians are instrumental in bringing Lamar back from the brink, they had better be willing to stand by his side throughout a likely lengthy stay in a stroke-rehab facility and then another lengthy stay in a substance-abuse rehab facility.  Photoshopping can't pretty up that reality.

• Love 1

Is it just me or has Dennis Hof gotten quieter as word is out that Lamar is waking up? I hope Lamar doesn't have memory loss of the days and events preceding his overdose. I'd like to be a fly on the wall when Lamar hears that, according to Hof, he spontaneously offered nearly $75,000.00 to two hard looking hookers just to spend a few days partying with him. While I don't doubt that Lamar was stupidly burning his cash up, Hof is lower than pond scum and I would not be surprised even a tiny bit to hear that when it looked like Lamar wasn't going to make it, Hof maxed his card. And if Lamar does have some memory loss, well, I hope his lawyers use Hof's initial statements about how his good "friend" Lamar was staying with him for free to dispute the charges. Seriously, Hof is vile. Pimp Momager Kris is not even a shadow on the real thing here.

Just saw this....   http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/lamar-odom%E2%80%99s-belongings-stolen-while-unconscious-at-bunny-ranch/ar-AAfC7nl?li=BBgzzfc

As Lamar Odom was unconscious at a Nevada brother, a mystery man came in and took his cell phone and belongings.

Bunny Ranch owner Dennis Hof told the New York Post a man entered Odom's room and jacked his personal items. Another man who claimed to be Odom's bodyguard later came and told Hof he had no clue who the first person was.

"I don't know if I got conned," Hof said. "I think when this all shakes out, this a shaky (expletive). I didn't recognize him. Something was up."

Odom continued making progress over the weekend; he was speaking sentences and is "doing good," sources told the Los Angeles Times.

Interesting....and Hof is just mentioning this now?  It reeks of "CYA."  How convenient that a "mystery man" went in and took Lamar's stuff.  If the man was so mysterious, why didn't anyone at the Ranch stop him?  Can people just wander in off the street and go in rooms and take stuff?  I don't buy this story for one minute.

Edited by MMLEsq
  • Love 2

Evil evil evil people.This Hof guy isn't seeming so bad anymore. I mean he's a piker compared to them in some ways.

Is my sarcasm meter off? I think at least a few of the literally hundreds of women Dennis "Daddy" Hof has personally sexually exploited might say a word otherwise about that. This is a guy who's boasted about sleeping with a girl the minute she was legal on her birthday and then turning her out to work directly after. He moves on fast because, hey, women are worthless after they're twenty-one. Loathsome doesn't even begin to describe him.

I get that people hate the Kardashians but, c'mon, a little perspective here.

• Love 9

I love that article!  The New York Post really tore the Kardashians a new one. They were spot on with their analysis and criticism.

Half the information if not more was crap and made up. Quoting sources like Star Magazine, Radar online. For dramatics they used outright lies and things that did not happen, like walking in with camera crew in tow. Also Kendall never dropped Shanghai and ran to Vegas. Kendall was in Shanghai and then London up until a few days ago and THEN she went to Vegas after everyone had returned back to LA. 

They weren't spot on with anything. 

• Love 2

Just saw this....   http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/lamar-odom’s-belongings-stolen-while-unconscious-at-bunny-ranch/ar-AAfC7nl?li=BBgzzfc

Interesting....and Hof is just mentioning this now?  It reeks of "CYA."  How convenient that a "mystery man" went in took Lamar's stuff.  If the man was so mysterious, why didn't anyone at the Ranch stop him?  Can people just wander in off the street and go in rooms and take stuff?  I don't buy this story for one minute.

"I don't know if I got conned." Alack! Alas! Poor Dennis! What will he tell his "friend" Lamar? Pity for the poor, honest, hardworking whoremonger and shame, shame on the miscreants who so took advantage of his trusting nature.

The Kardashians are working hard to paint a rosy picture of Lamar's recovery, but if he's actually suffered a stroke (or multiple), there is no way he is talking or texting this soon.  They're really downplaying how serious his condition is, and it is really going to come back to bite them in the butt a week from now when their fans will be expecting Lamar to just sashay out of the hospital like his old self.

If they want to create the impression that the Kardashians are instrumental in bringing Lamar back from the brink, they had better be willing to stand by his side throughout a likely lengthy stay in a stroke-rehab facility and then another lengthy stay in a substance-abuse rehab facility.  Photoshopping can't pretty up that reality.

Where are they doing this? Every single article that has talked about his condition has said hes far from out of danger.  I'm curious to see where the Kardashians are doing this.  Kim said he smiled. The E article from yesterday that was very detailed said he's mostly using hand gestures to communicate since his speech is very mumbled. Kris told AH that while he' awake and improving he suffered major organ damage and the couple of times she posted on Instagram she keeps indicating he has a long fight ahead. I havent seen one article that made it sound like the Kardashians are making fans think hes on his way to bouncing out of bed.

Half the information if not more was crap and made up. Quoting sources like Star Magazine, Radar online. For dramatics they used outright lies and things that did not happen, like walking in with camera crew in tow. Also Kendall never dropped Shanghai and ran to Vegas. Kendall was in Shanghai and then London up until a few days ago and THEN she went to Vegas after everyone had returned back to LA. 

Seriously. The Post is pretty much a tabloid disguised as a newspaper anyway so it shouldnt be surprising that they didnt even bother to check facts and took a bunch of lies and gossip making it seem like facts. All that piece was is your typical Kardashian hate filled rant you can read anywhere on the net. I especially loved how they basically said "ok so they supposedly didnt have the camera crew after all BUT you can bet someone is taking iphone video". Like they are assuming but spinning it into something they KNOW the Kardashians will do.

• Love 2

I agree and I can't imagine why a newspaper would even publish an article with information resources that were primarily The Daily Mail and Radar, whose content ranges from hugely misleading to downright lies. I get it that this was an opinion piece but does that mean that there is no fact checking required? As Daniel Patrick Moynihan once said: “Everyone is entitled to his own opinion but not his own facts.”

On the other hand, the Kardashians in my own opinion are exploiting the Lamar situation to focus on themselves and I mean this particularly in the case of Kris and Kim. The latter's tweet to "Lammy" (and since when has he been "Lammy" to Kim?) was sickening as it seemed just a way for her to talk about herself and shamelessly post a picture of herself from her sham wedding to Kris H. I exempt Khloe from this as I believe she's genuinely been there for someone she still deeply cares about.

Edited by Veronique Bette
  • Love 6

I think until we see a doctor from that Nevada hospital who is treating Lamar, step up to a microphone....we should be very skeptical of news on his progress. Note that there has not been any official media comment from doctors at the hospital. Leads me to think that Lamar is still in precarious shape. 

• Love 4

Lamar's aunt released another statement saying how he's defeating all odds. 

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/lamar-odoms-aunt-releases-another-statement-defying-the-odds-20151910

So how is the K's who have barely mentioned recovery other than he smiled and a long road ahead the ones painting a rosy picture? They're not releasing statements to US magazine.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/lamar-odoms-aunt-releases-another-statement-defying-the-odds-20151910

So how is the K's who have barely mentioned recovery other than he smiled and a long road ahead the ones painting a rosy picture? They're not releasing statements to US magazine.

Even Lamar's aunt's statement is pretty nonspecific when you really look at it. She says Lamar is reaching milestones every day and she's hopeful for a full recovery. I don't know how realistic that is, but you can't blame family for being hopeful and even a bit rah rah about their loved one's recovery. Seems to me that when the article gets more specific, they go back to quoting "insiders".

By and large, it looks to me like named sources - various Kardashians, that coach talking to Khloe, Lamar's aunt - have been pretty conservative but hopeful in what they've said, and then media pairs the limited info side by side with "insider" sources who have mainly been full of shit. Other than Dennis Hof, a named source who is now and forever full of festering, rank shit. In my opinion.

• Love 2

I think the Kardashians deserve every ounce of criticism they receive, but I will defend them on a couple of points. First, the camera crew story has been debunked. There is no way in hell a hospital would have allowed filming in the ICU anyways. The second is that Lamar had problems long before he met Khloe. Everyone is inclined to give him the rose-tinted edit now, but his ex had previously stated he was after Hollywood fame that went beyond his athletic celebrity. You can't really marry into that family and claim you didn't know what you were getting into.

• Love 2

Meh.  

All the Aunt is saying is that he's fighting and getting better when basically he was given no chance.  Then the mysterious "source" kicks in and paints the rosier picture and brings the Kardashians into it.  It's easy to see that there are two forces at work in that article too. 

Edit:  Or what Found A Peanut said.  I should have kept reading. 

I think the Kardashians deserve every ounce of criticism they receive, but I will defend them on a couple of points. First, the camera crew story has been debunked. There is no way in hell a hospital would have allowed filming in the ICU anyways. The second is that Lamar had problems long before he met Khloe. Everyone is inclined to give him the rose-tinted edit now, but his ex had previously stated he was after Hollywood fame that went beyond his athletic celebrity. You can't really marry into that family and claim you didn't know what you were getting into.

Regarding the filming, did the article say specifically that they were filming in the ICU?  I don't remember that.  But the points about the shots of the Kardashians around the hospital and all the statements that bring the focus back to them is completely correct.

I don't hate on them though.  I think they are there to support Khloe and even Lamar (although Kim's "Lammy"  REALLY? Just no.) and they really just don't know how to do anything without the famewhoring at this point.  

Edited by JenMcSnark

All the Aunt is saying is that he's fighting and getting better when basically he was given no chance.  Then the mysterious "source" kicks in and paints the rosier picture and brings the Kardashians into it.  It's easy to see that there are two forces at work in that article too.

Why is an aunt who nobody has ever heard from or knows giving statements to the press anyways? Lamar has a PR team. He has children, he has a wife. If that was a member of the K family giving a statement to US, they would be tarred and feathered. 

Even when the aunt gives a statement, you're still trying to attack the K's for it.

Why is an aunt who nobody has ever heard from or knows giving statements to the press anyways? Lamar has a PR team. He has children, he has a wife. If that was a member of the K family giving a statement to US, they would be tarred and feathered. 

Even when the aunt gives a statement, you're still trying to attack the K's for it.

This woman is Lamar's aunt so I guess he's heard of her. She's not a fellow patient, random hospital worker or "creative writer" from a tabloid nor did she give intimate details so I see no reason why she can't give speak to the press.

• Love 5

Isn't this the aunt who raised Lamar after his mom died? She can speak for Lamar's family, and why wouldn't she? Lamar's oldest girl is only seventeen, I think, it'd be terrible to burden her. Lamar's dad is what he is. Media are probably bugging them for comments, and they really haven't said a whole lot. If Lamar and Khloe don't put their divorce on hold (is that even possible?) Lamar's aunt might be one of the people helping Lamar through his rehab and involved in decisions about long term care. Who else has he got, really?

ETA: Sorry, cross posted with Veronique who stated things more succinctly. I is wordy.

Edited by Found A Peanut
  • Love 3

That article reminded me of this one, from a couple days ago:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/stasi-men-steer-clear-toxic-kardashian-clan-article-1.2401560

The thing is, this wretched cultural phenomenon will continue as long as people keep watching/clicking/reading/posting Kardashiana.  

Edited by millennium
  • Love 2

The problem with the Kardasdasians is that they're fame whores and the men they are with are weak. These girls have low self worth. I don't know why Kourtney is still with Scott. Don't know why Khloe decided to marry a dude she met in a month. Then they put everything on their show for ratings. Now when shot gets serious they want privacy. Sorry can't have it both ways. You're famous for sharing your private life.

I don't know what to believe regarding these reports. They may all be bs to make money and a story.

• Love 3

That article reminded me of this one, from a couple days ago:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/stasi-men-steer-clear-toxic-kardashian-clan-article-1.2401560

The thing is, this wretched cultural phenomenon will continue as long as people keep watching/clicking/reading/posting Kardashiana.  

Interesting quote from that:

Maybe this latest tragedy will make the rest of us stop and re-evaluate the people we turn into celebrities.

Used to be we looked up to people of great accomplishment. Scientists, intellectuals, astronauts, brilliant politicians, writers, artists and the greats of entertainment were those that talk show hosts wanted to talk to.

See, I think this is interesting in that this is exactly what Stephen Colbert has tried to change with his guest booking, and yet he's being punished in the ratings (and quickly started to lose to the very much celeb obsessed Jimmy Fallon).

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 1

Interesting quote from that:

See, I think this is interesting in that this is exactly what Stephen Colbert has tried to change with his guest booking, and yet he's being punished in the ratings (and quickly started to lose to the very much celeb obsessed Jimmy Fallon).

Intelligent people are losing the war.   Rapidly.

• Love 7

Actually that was my entire point, marriage is for better or worse no matter what. Abuse and infidelity are the only two acceptable reasons to end that marriage. Khloe made the off hand decision to marry Lamar in a month not knowing him, she deserves no sympathy. Lamar cheated, hey then take off and run Khloe but don't play the victim because you didn't take the time to get to know who he really was. So what if Khloe gets a little stressed, has some diarrhea and sleepless nights? You do it to yoursel

I'll respond in Khloe's thread.

If we weave through the landmines of explosive news stories it eventually comes down to the reality of Omar's situation. He overdosed and had a small stroke. He was in a coma and not breathing on his own when he was brought into the E.R. and they had to intubate him while he was unconscious. He wasn't breathing on his own and doctors kept him in a medically induced coma until they were able to give him the appropriate treatments. They were slowly able to waken him once he started to respond to external stimuli and bring him back up to full consciousness. After slowly weaning him off the ventilator he was able to breathe without the assistance of it and the tube in his throat was removed, he was given oxygen supplementation by mask. He has some kidney damage so that's a big factor in recovery. It may be irreversible but Lamar is in good physical condition so his chances are better at recovering kidney function.

Reports now claim that he can speak with difficulty, he's slurring his words, but he's unable to stand without assistance. This is consistent with a person who has experienced a cerebral vascular accident, or stroke. Depending on the location of the stroke in his brain, Lamar may have difficulties going forward but should improve with rehabilitation and time. He might experience memory loss, difficulty speaking and some paralysis. If Khloe is going to remain by him through his rehab, she's going to have to be extremely patient and have incredible endurance and patience. Khloe may never see the same Lamar as she once knew, he'll be changed. But the one good thing for Lamar is that he won't have to check into a drug rehab for a six months to get clean, he'll have a very long road to recovery whether it's total or not, and a second chance at life.  Khloe has only known a very different Lamar Odom than she'll probably ever see again. Even his emotions will change, he'll have periods of depression and anger at his situation. He'll get terribly frustrated and even cry. Khloe Kardashian is a young woman of 31 and time will tell if she has the fortitude and endurance to be a full time nurse to a man that's possibly going to be a semi-invalid. She might have to give up some photo shoots and a good portion of her career in addition to partying and dating.

• Love 1

It's still the coast where he lives and where he has good medical connections through Lakers and Clippers. Why would they fly him in this state cross country? He's not that well for that long a flight and to a hospital near his family he barely sees and where he doesn't live. 

I think moving him to LA as soon as he was stable enough would always be the plan, Khloe or no Khloe.

Edited by Artsda

It's still the coast where he lives and where he has good medical connections through Lakers and Clippers. Why would they fly him in this state cross country? He's not that well for that long a flight and to a hospital near his family he barely sees and where he doesn't live. 

I think moving him to LA as soon as he was stable enough would always be the plan, Khloe or no Khloe.

I wasn't thinking about moving him cross country, I was thinking about him staying in Las Vegas. Why would they move him to LA for rehabilitation when there are plenty of physical rehabilitation centers in Las Vegas & that's where his home is?

Edited by GaT

Los Angeles has some of the best hospitals on the coast, why wouldn't they move him as soon as they can to Cedars or UCLA etc.. Any celebrity  (that could afford the best) I would have expected they'd move as soon as possible to LA to a hospital facility that is better and probably can handle the celebrities than a local area hospital in Vegas.

TMZ is reporting he's being airlifted to LA for specialized treatment at a hospital, not rehab facility. So obviously he needs more treatment than Vegas could have provided.

Edited by Artsda

Excuse me, but none of my posts have attacked the Kardashians.  

And that aunt helped raise him and I personally don't have a problem with her making statements just as I don't have a problem with anyone making a statement and putting their name to it.  It's all this anonymous bullshit that I disapprove of. 

• Love 4

Could be that some of us tired of all the conflicting reports and decided to wait and see.  I still lurk and am grateful that he seems to be doing better, but I'm not really interested in debating the reports, Khloe's devotion, etc.

I agree. Of course I am happy to hear that Lamar has a chance of survival, as opposed to the initial reports that had him brain-dead with other failing organs. But who to believe now?

There are way too many self-serving "observations," being anonymously leaked right now. The "...and Khloe is right by his side... "-tag is getting quite the workout. Supposedly, today Lamar was airlifted by helicopter to a different facility in LA for "further treatment." [Per tmz.] What, where, how?

I wish Lamar a full recovery, for himself and for his kids. But I dislike and resent the manipulation of facts and emotion. Right or wrong, it seems to me the K machine is in full propaganda mode for their own benefit. Jmo.

• Love 5

I think you mean Andrew.

LMFAO

LMAO 2! Of course I meant Andrew Carnegie not Dale."It isn't what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about."

• Love 3

And that says he was moved to Cedars Sinai. Kidneys failing, possible transplant and brain scans needed, of course they'd move him to one of the best hospitals in the US instead of leaving him at the local one near the brothel in Vegas.

The aunt released another statement.

http://www.people.com/article/lamar-odom-aunt-thanks-doctors-miraculous-progress

On Monday night, Odom, 35, was airlifted out of the Las Vegas hospital where he had been treated since being found unconscious in a brothel Oct. 13.

"We would like to send a tremendous THANK YOU to the illustrious medical team at Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center in Las Vegas," his aunt JaNean Mercer tells PEOPLE in a statement. "Your superb, round-the-clock care gave us the comfort and assurances we desperately needed to know Lamar would persevere."

Mercer was spotted at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in L.A., and Odom's estranged wife Khloé Kardashian has also stayed by his side.

"As Lamar begins a new chapter in his road to recovery, PLEASE continue to uplift him and the family in prayer. He continues to make miraculous progress, taking a few steps in Los Angeles. We couldn't be more overjoyed! We realize Lamar's continued improvement will not be easy, however his unrelenting strength and faith in GOD will pull him through," Mercer says. "To everyone from across the nation and around the world who continued to send your love and prayers, we THANK YOU sincerely."

Statement from Khloe

https://www.khloewithak.com/xo/212-message-khloe-kardashian/

Edited by Artsda

It’s good to know that Lamar’s aunt as well as Khloe released those gracious statements thanking the Sunrise Hospital staff for all their efforts on Lamar’s behalf. Local hospital or not, it was they and the emergency responders who saved his life. And now hopefully he will be able to recuperate as fully as possible with the specialized treatments he will receive at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.

• Love 2

I thought the same exact thing. I watched part of E! news today to see how Lamar is doing and I thought that. He was everywhere when it looked like Lamar wouldn't make it but now he's disappeared.

I hope he gets his ass sued.

• Love 1