Type keyword(s) to search

Kardashians in the Media

• Start Topic

I'm giving Kylie a pass as well. I know everyone is on the Transgender love train right now, but IMO, Caitlyn is just as selfish and self-absorbed as Kris. Kylie is a minor child who still needs attention and guidance from BOTH her parents and she's being ignored while Kris shacks up with her cabana boy and Caitlyn does photo shoots. I understand where she's coming from.

• Love 5

In the premiere one review said Kylie never really wanted to come by before, and Caitlyn was happy when  she finally did. She's at an age where she's already an adult who has grown up in front of the world and has so much out there that I don't blame her at all for having reservations. 

It's why Burt's tweet was classless and didn't blame Kylie for firing back (another reason she may not be thrilled to play happy family in the photo op if there's still issues there), he's an adult who Bruce never raised. He had no right attacking Kylie who is a teenager that lived her entire life with Bruce as her parent.

I think we've had this disagreement already in another topic.  Kylie is not an adult. If "the world" thinks so based on superficial things, or even big ones like earning money... the world is wrong.

But I think (since we never hashed this out in the other topic either) we're probably going to just have to agree to disagree.

• Love 2
(edited)

She's days away for 18, she's an adult. Someone doesn't stay a child just because you think they act like one, the world doesn't work that way. 25 year olds behave like children and not like adults, yet they still are an adult. She can buy property, work, has cars, a home, a fashion line, a hair line and can join the army in a few days if she chooses to.

Kendall's 19 is she not an adult? At 18 she bought a 1.4 million dollar property, has a major career/lifestyle as well. 

Edited by Artsda

I dont particularly think much of Kylie and I can make a list of reasons why BUT when it comes to how well she's dealing with the whole transitioning thing, I'm giving her a pass. I feel that way about all of Caitlyn's children regardless of how old they are because I'm trying to put myself in their shoes and how I might handle my father suddenly becoming someone else. There were some reports after the ESPY's that she's still not fully dealing with this and I believe it. The fact that she chose to spend fathers day with her boyfriend instead IMO speaks volumes.

• Love 3

I teach college freshmen. The vast majority of them are adults in number only. They can sign contracts, buy homes and lottery tickets, etc., but their brains aren't done baking yet, they lack empathy and foresight, and they need a lot of guidance. Even the most well-adjusted and comparatively mature among them are still kids. Kylie's income and name on a mortgage do not mean she's ready to be a full-fledged adult, and her parents have completely dropped the ball on raising her. She has very little education, and she didn't have rules and restrictions when she needed them most. I will be surprised if she doesn't go off the rails ASAP. 

However, while she's also normally a sourpuss, I give her a pass on not making stupid faces in those family pictures. I don't make stupid faces that can be captured and shared, either.

• Love 11

I teach college freshmen. The vast majority of them are adults in number only. They can sign contracts, buy homes and lottery tickets, etc., but their brains aren't done baking yet, they lack empathy and foresight, and they need a lot of guidance.

I agree. Everyone needs guidance, help, advice etc... 22 year olds  or 19 or 25. I'm not denying Kylie's a teenager that needs guidance and strong presences around her to navigate life. However to say she's not an adult is not true. She's an adult (or will be in days). College students party, mess up, end up with underage drinking and so much more mistakes and issues but they are still adults and treated as such. 

I agree. Everyone needs guidance, help, advice etc... 22 year olds  or 19 or 25. I'm not denying Kylie's a teenager that needs guidance and strong presences around her to navigate life. However to say she's not an adult is not true. She's an adult (or will be in days). College students party, mess up, end up with underage drinking and so much more mistakes and issues but they are still adults and treated as such. 

Artsda, you've made this point repeatedly. Most of us disagree with you. A technically legal adult is not inherently an "adult" in any meaningful sense. I don't think we're going to agree on this so that's the last I'll say on it. I know very well what I'm talking about. Barely-18s with little parental guidance are not equipped to navigate life, and their mistakes often have profound consequences.

• Love 6

We're going to have to agree to disagree, because she can only be an adult or a child, she can't be both. Being 18 but acting like a mentality/maturity level of 15 year old child doesn't make her still one. Lets say in 2 weeks she goes out and gets a DUI or hits a pedestrian with her car. Will you be pleading she should be charged as a juvenile? Poor Kylie's not an adult who didn't know what she was doing and doesn't have sense of an adult. I don't think so. It doesn't work that way. 

She's a teenager dating a 25 year old, she has major issues. Doesn't change the fact that as of now, she's responsible for her own actions and has to take the responsibility to grow and deal with herself. 

• Love 1

We're going to have to agree to disagree, because she can only be an adult or a child, she can't be both. Being 18 but acting like a mentality/maturity level of 15 year old child doesn't make her still one. Lets say in 2 weeks she goes out and gets a DUI or hits a pedestrian with her car. Will you be pleading she should be charged as a juvenile? Poor Kylie's not an adult who didn't know what she was doing and doesn't have sense of an adult. I don't think so. It doesn't work that way. 

She's a teenager dating a 25 year old, she has major issues. Doesn't change the fact that as of now, she's responsible for her own actions and has to take the responsibility to grow and deal with herself. 

Honestly, if it were up to me, I would not consider 18 year olds legal adults at all. 

To the second bolded part, yes, of course! I think children should be taught responsibility from a very early age, and teenagers should be expected to own their actions. However, Kylie, like most 17-going-on-45s, is not nearly as mature as she thinks she is. It's sad that no one except maybe Khloe is even trying to help her with this.

• Love 4

18 makes you legal not an adult. 18 just means you can vote and serve in the army. An 18yo doesn't have shit. They still need parenting.

Maybe, but they don't have to accept it. Once she hits 18, there is nothing that Kris or Caitlyn can do to stop her from doing what she wants (and yes, taking responsibility for it), so whether you think she should be considered an adult or not, or whether or not she still needs parenting is irrelevant. it will all be on her terms & nobody else's.

Maybe, but they don't have to accept it. Once she hits 18, there is nothing that Kris or Caitlyn can do to stop her from doing what she wants (and yes, taking responsibility for it), so whether you think she should be considered an adult or not, or whether or not she still needs parenting is irrelevant. it will all be on her terms & nobody else's.

Absolutely true, but Kris and Caitlyn haven't been proper parents to Kylie or Kendall for several years. And Kris's constant refrain of how mature they are and what great work ethics they have is merely a justification to herself

for abdicating her responsibility to parent her. Caitlyn was lacking as a parent in much the same way.

• Love 7

Kylie has been on her own every since pimp Kris leaked that sex tape of Kim. It's all about fame for this family. Unfortunately Kylie and Kendall suffered. They were kids when they started filming and had no choice but to participate. Now pimp Kris cannot wait for another deal to get her 10 percent
  • Love 7

Kylie has been on her own every since pimp Kris leaked that sex tape of Kim. It's all about fame for this family. Unfortunately Kylie and Kendall suffered. They were kids when they started filming and had no choice but to participate. Now pimp Kris cannot wait for another deal to get her 10 percent

She no longer gets her 10% from Kendall

For such a close family they certainly don't communicate with each other. Caitlyn gets a nose job and no one knows. By the time they find out its nearly healed. They go off to Montana for a vacay and Caitlyn finds out only when Khloe calls him from Montana?

I feel a bit of sympathy for Kris, but the truth is they're divorced, she's seeing someone else, she's moved on from the marriage, why the big dramatics over mourning Bruce? She acts as if this situation is what ended their relationship. And she clearly isn't accepting any blame for the divorce, it's all on Caitlyn for being angry not on Kris for pretty much dismissing her husband as a piece of furniture.

• Love 1
(edited)

Everyone Is Losing Their Minds Over Kylie Jenner's Racy Shirt

Pic digitally reversed, so you can read it better and get why people care...

c8pSk1v.jpg

Of course she's 17, not 14.  She's probably long ago been... um... what that shirt says. But I guess it's kinda rude for anyone to have it on a shirt for the whole world to read, and for whatever reason that's perhaps exacerbated because she's er... her.

Edited by Kromm

From the story:

"There was a hard time for the entire family, that we were all transitioning with her, but in front of an audience," Khloé said. "That's not really the normal way to go about it."

Well, gee, maybe you don't have to go through it in front of the audience. No one's forcing y'all to do it this way.

• Love 2

Well, gee, maybe you don't have to go through it in front of the audience. No one's forcing y'all to do it this way.

I wonder how much control Kris still has over her children with regard to this - sure, Kim is representing the family (as they explained on one show) and she always has Kris' back, but I wonder if the others have been pressured to keep their distance, sort of like Kris supposedly pressured Bruce to keep his distance from his older kids once they married.

Why would she pressure them to keep their distance when she herself is popping up at Caitlyn's house? Not to mention she mostly see's $$$, every episode the kids get paid for she gets a cut. 

Kim's her golden child and Kim's involved more than anyone, if she wanted anyone away from it Kim wouldn't be around at all.

Khloé Kardashian: My Sisters and I Still Call Caitlyn 'Bruce'

http://www.people.com/article/khloe-kardashian-calling-caitlyn-jenner-bruce

Not that I assume ANYTHING coming from a Kardashian (or Jenner) is necessarily real, but if such is true here then I have to give Caitlyn a ton of credit here. The GLAAD rules exist for a reason, I know, and are a great guideline for uninvolved parties, but if it's already hard for strangers, then for the people close to the person, it's going to be a lot harder. Especially with intangibles like talking over the phone to the same voice, talking about the past, and other similar situations where you aren't simply looking directly at a female you know so well as a male.

IMO it shows some compassion, tolerance and sensitivity on Caitlyn's part that's sometimes lacking when these issues are discussed in the abstract, and the "disrespect" stuff is tossed around. Again, the guidelines exist for good reasons, but it's nice to see the human factor applied too--people are still people and while none of them have nearly as much to adjust to as Caitlyn does, it's not like what they DO have to adjust to is nothing.

Again, toe in only for me with this though, since with the Ks and Js there's always the possibility this is all B.S. I hope not though.

To be clear, here's the exact part that discusses what Khloe says she was supposedly told...

"We don't like to say that Bruce is gone, per se. We, my sisters and I, we will call Caitlyn 'Bruce,' and we've been told that's completely fine,"

She has told us we are allowed to call her any name we want to. Because on the phone, when she calls me, it's the same voice as Bruce. And if I'm not physically with her, it's hard to remember in the moment that I'm talking to Caitlyn, if that makes sense."

• Love 1

I think that in a way, people in general are having problems with the name in the same way close family might have problems with the name. Most transgender people aren't famous when they transition, if I meet "Sue Smith" & find out that she was born "Joe Smith", I have no problem remembering to call her "Sue" because I never knew her as "Joe". In Caitlyn's case, she was famous & even though most people didn't actually know her, we all knew her like you know famous people (especially ones who are on a weekly reality show) and it seems like she's someone you're actually acquainted with. In the public's mind, it's hard to think of Bruce as being "gone".

• Love 2

I think that in a way, people in general are having problems with the name in the same way close family might have problems with the name. Most transgender people aren't famous when they transition, if I meet "Sue Smith" & find out that she was born "Joe Smith", I have no problem remembering to call her "Sue" because I never knew her as "Joe". In Caitlyn's case, she was famous & even though most people didn't actually know her, we all knew her like you know famous people (especially ones who are on a weekly reality show) and it seems like she's someone you're actually acquainted with. In the public's mind, it's hard to think of Bruce as being "gone".

This^^^. It's hard for me to watch "Caitlyn" on her new show because I can't reconcile this plastic surgery nightmare with the handsome, talented athlete who was a phenomenal motivational speaker. I felt bad when Kylie was being criticized for not being Ms. Happy Pants at the ESPY's. Yes, she's a spoiled brat, but I can't imagine how hard Bruce's transition has been on her.

(edited)

This^^^. It's hard for me to watch "Caitlyn" on her new show because I can't reconcile this plastic surgery nightmare with the handsome, talented athlete who was a phenomenal motivational speaker. I felt bad when Kylie was being criticized for not being Ms. Happy Pants at the ESPY's. Yes, she's a spoiled brat, but I can't imagine how hard Bruce's transition has been on her.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3179487/Caitlyn-Jenner-wows-chic-black-jumpsuit-stilettos-steps-dinner-Eva-Longoria-s-restaurant-Beso.html

Plastic surgery nightmare: scroll down and look at the photo of Caitlyn from the waist up. This photo is unretouched. You can see quite a few wrinkles and saggy spots on the face and neck, despite all the surgery and heavy makeup. It makes me understand what a huge difference Photoshop can make, and how the camera crew used a lot of lens filters to make her look pretty on the I Am Cait show. Of course, the whole Kardashian-Jenner family is devoted to plastic surgery, various non-surgical cosmetic procedures and, most of all, Photoshop. They must spend hours every day photoshopping their selfies. Instead of endorsing plumping creams, energy drinks and morning sickness pills, they should just get a contract with Adobe and endorse Photoshop.

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Love 1

Having trouble mentally and emotionally reconciling them is one thing.  But I think we need to take the high road here (at least IMO) and avoid quotes around the current name. If anything the quotes (to me at least) applies more to talking about the FORMER name. The way Khloé was quoted talking about using ' Bruce' is a good example of that, I think. Note that the Caitlyn part has no quotes.  The 'Bruce' part DOES.

Not that Khloé made that decision herself, but the writer documenting what she said seems to have been savvy with it.

Although reportage is probably one of the few areas where this problem even will come up. I mean the guideines are clear otherwise. She's Caitlyn.

No quotes necessary.  Even if like Khloé we occasionally have trouble reconciling the two.

And even if the name seems silly for a 65 year old woman.  Heh.

• Love 2

Having trouble mentally and emotionally reconciling them is one thing.  But I think we need to take the high road here (at least IMO) and avoid quotes around the current name. If anything the quotes (to me at least) applies more to talking about the FORMER name. The way Khloé was quoted talking about using ' Bruce' is a good example of that, I think. Note that the Caitlyn part has no quotes.  The 'Bruce' part DOES.

Not that Khloé made that decision herself, but the writer documenting what she said seems to have been savvy with it.

Although reportage is probably one of the few areas where this problem even will come up. I mean the guideines are clear otherwise. She's Caitlyn.

No quotes necessary.  Even if like Khloé we occasionally have trouble reconciling the two.

And even if the name seems silly for a 65 year old woman.  Heh.

I think the writer’s quotation marks were correct and not at all connected with the transgender issue. It would have been the same as if she was quoting Khloe as saying: “We don’t call our mother ‘mom’ we call her ‘Kris’". It’s the proper clarification within a quote. In the first part of Khloe’s statement, “Bruce” does not have any quotes because Khloe is just talking about her stepparent and not the name per se. And please note that I put quotes around the name “Bruce” to clarify what put of Khloe’s statement I’m referring to, just as I'm assuming you did in your own post.

• Love 4

Interesting article about TMZ and the "role" they played in the rise and fall of Khloe and Lamar, helping to create a completely bizarre and depressing love story and that they did so irresponsibly.  They also say Lamar's accusations that they purposely cover black celebs and white celebs differently is not without merit.

The Strange Saga of Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom

Thanks for the link, it's an interesting article. I read on Lainey Gossip that The New Yorker has been working on an expose of TMZ for about a year, & Harvey Levin is really worried about it. I read TMZ regularly, & it's so obvious when they're taking sides, I always assume that they've gotten some kind of compensation for it. This quote from the article made me laugh:

Naturally, Odom didn’t take well to TMZ's implication that he was behind the greatest spike in criminal activity ever witnessed outside SoulCycle Beverly Hills.

Edited by GaT
  • Love 1

Perez Hilton is vowing to not report any Kardashian related this upcoming Monday-Friday.  He's asked other media outlets to join him but so far I haven't seen anyone but him doing it.  Kim is not happy.

nd 

http://starcasm.net/archives/325640

On the one hand, I like the idea.  But he calls it a Kardashian Kleanse, so how serious can he be?   And if you go on his site now, every other story is about them, so if he really cared about this why would it just be limited to 5 days?

• Love 2

Perez Hilton is vowing to not report any Kardashian related this upcoming Monday-Friday.  He's asked other media outlets to join him but so far I haven't seen anyone but him doing it.  Kim is not happy.

nd 

http://starcasm.net/archives/325640

On the one hand, I like the idea.  But he calls it a Kardashian Kleanse, so how serious can he be?   And if you go on his site now, every other story is about them, so if he really cared about this why would it just be limited to 5 days?

Perez is such an asshole.  He's clearly using the notion of "not reporting" on them as a way to get attention. When he's largely responsible FOR the press glut on them in the first place.

Fuck him.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 3

Tmz and radar online is more up their giant asses then Perez. Also life & style and ok.

He's a teensy bit to blame since he did so much blogs on Paris and without Paris there'd be no Kim and Ko.

TMZ actually takes credit for making Kim famous. When she was Paris' stylist, the TMZ papps noticed her going everywhere with Paris & wondered who she was. They started taking her picture by herself (I guess when they found out who her father was), & that was basically the start of her fame.

• Love 1

WTF is wrong with these people.  Why are they wearing trench coats and long sleeved long pants jump suits in the Caribbean IN AUGUST?!?!?!

And moving on...how do I unsee Kris' legs.

• Love 2

What ugly clothes!  Kendall's outfit is the only one that looks halfway decent and appropriate for a beach resort.

What is that hideous white fluffy sheer thing Kourtney is wearing? It looks like Great-Grandma's sheer curtains. Or else it's a fairy godmother Halloween costume for a six-year-old girl. All that outfit needs is a little wand with a star on the end. Maybe a tiara too.

Khloe is wearing a nightclub dress to show her sideboobs. What happened to her trip to Houston to hang out with James Hardin the Beard and get photo ops with the paps? She sure left Texas in a hurry.

Kris is just a disaster with those legs; they look like mailbox posts. Also she has criss-cross dents in her legs from the gladiator sandal straps.

Kim... ugh, just ugh. She's as big as a house. She's gained  lot of weight all over, not just in the baby bump area. And what is going on with the famous baby bump anyway? In photos from Radar a couple of days ago the bump was perfectly round and fake-looking, especially with that huge dent in the belly button area. In the vacation photos the bump is a much less geometric shape, and the belly button dent has mysteriously disappeared. Her dress is just as tight as the one she wore in the Radar photos, so the bump should have looked the same. I'm beginning to believe the rumors about her wearing a series of different plastic strap-on pregnancy tummies. Or else she keeps changing the style of Spanx she wears? Maybe she also stuffs her belly button dent with leftover false eyelashes on the days she doesn't want it to show.