Type keyword(s) to search

Kardashians in the Media

• Start Topic

It may be a horrible thing to say, but, if Lamar needs a kidney transplant I hope he's not bumped up on the list above others who have been waiting longer because he has more resources.

It does not work that way... At least that's what they tell us. Nobody gets special treatment when it comes to waiting on an organ. It's against the law to recieve any sort of gift cash or otherwise for organ donation, although I wish that wasn't the case because I feel like more people would donate a kidney or part of a liver or bone marrow if they got paid for it. 

It does not work that way... At least that's what they tell us. Nobody gets special treatment when it comes to waiting on an organ. It's against the law to recieve any sort of gift cash or otherwise for organ donation, although I wish that wasn't the case because I feel like more people would donate a kidney or part of a liver or bone marrow if they got paid for it. 

But someone can donate a part (that sound really strange, doesn't it?) to someone. So somebody (like Khloe) could donate a kidney to him if they matched without him going on the list.

Don't think they can transplant part of a kidney (they can for a liver), but a healthy person can donate one of their kidneys and live just fine with the remaining one. 

• Love 1

Statement from Khloe

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/10/lamar-odom-khloe-kardashian

“The past week has been incredibly difficult,” Kardashian wrote on her Web site. “I am so thankful to family, friends and fans, who have sent nothing but prayers and well wishes to Lamar. I also want to take a moment to thank everyone at Sunrise Hospital, including the amazing doctors and nurses for their kindness and diligent work.

“Under their amazing care, incredible strides have been made,” she continued. “You can never be prepared for an experience like this, but without the outpouring of love and endless prayers that Lamar has received and the strength I was given from my loved ones, it would have been difficult to endure. Thank you for your continued support. God is great!!!”

What an amazing opportunity to breathe new life into the ratings for KUWTK. An angst-filled drama of trying to find a matching kidney donor for Lamar and voila'! It's Khloe (or even better, Rob!) This could stretch out for two whole seasons with the cliffhanger ending with Lamar and ??? being wheeled into surgery.

PMK better get all over this one. And she can pull the strings: No TV = No Kidney (I OWN my kids!)

/eyeroll...

• Love 7

We all like to believe that's true, but unfortunately for those clinging to life waiting for a liver, lungs or kidney, someone with wealth will take priority. Oh yes, the doctors will justify it somehow but the fact is, if you're rich you can get whatever transplant you need and jump ahead on the waiting list with warp speed. Several high-profile cases come to mind. Larry Hagman (liver) Mickey Mantle (liver), Natalie Cole (kidney), Steve Jobs (liver) and Vice President Dick Cheney (heart). Many people on the recipient list have died because they weren't important enough or rich enough.

Is it fair that an alcoholic gets a new liver, or a 71 year old man gets a new heart because he's a former V.P. of the US over a 45 year old school teacher? You better believe that if Lamar Odom needs a new kidney, he'll get bumped right up to the top of the waiting list. Or maybe Khloe, Kim, Kourtney or Kris will step up and put their kidneys up for donation for 'Lammie'.

• Love 6

Wow, that is one brutal article. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

This quote pretty much sums up how I feel about this whole pack of them:  "...wanna bet they’re secretly filming with their iPhones? This is a family that commodifies everything, from sex tapes to fertility treatments to Caitlyn Jenner’s transition. People in their orbit are mere utility players — including Odom, who has never been more valuable to them than now.

• Love 7

Yes it's true that perhaps one of his relatives or friends might match and be able to donate a kidney. However I think there might be a waiting period for a recipient to have been clean and sober before receiving a transplant.

The Kardashians, led by Lamar's estranged wife Khloe, showed up over Odom's comatose body, and suddenly the narrative changed. Odom wasn't a former NBA champion, he was a reality TV star. Odom wasn't a deeply troubled and vulnerable former athlete, he was the guy who was keeping Khloe from hanging out with her new boyfriend, James Harden.

That was a great LA Times article.  The writer is absolutely spot-on about the narrative changing.  NBC News, People, etc are all framing the discussion about Lamar's health in terms of the Kardashians.  And since I don't follow pro basketball, it didn't really register with me that he's storied in his own right.   How much of that is the media's "fault" and how much is the Kardashian machine, I don't know.   Khloe could very well love Lamar and as his not-quite-ex wife has the right to visit him in the hospital.  The Klan just seems to overrun everything in its path.

I thought the quote in the article from her that being on the show was therapeutic for Lamar was horrifyingly self-indulgent even without 20/20 hindsight.

• Love 5

I find the whole legal issue quite interesting. A judge did not sign off on the divorce papers, so Khloe and Lamar are still married, giving Khloe the right to make decisions regarding his medical care. So if the judge signs today, is she suddenly going to be cut out?

• Love 2

I thought the quote in the article from her that being on the show was therapeutic for Lamar was horrifyingly self-indulgent even without 20/20 hindsight.

Yeah, that grabbed me too. I've never watched the shows and since I'm not really into basketball, had no real concept of how good a player Lamar was. Who knows if Lamar's professional decline was a result of natural aging, drug use, becoming Kardashianized or a combination. But to imply that the show was therapeutic for him in some way is mind-boggling. I suppose it may have been therapeutic for his bank account, but I don't see how living your daily life in front of a camera for the entire world to see is beneficial to any sort of personal growth.

For fuck's sake: call it what it is -- a giant pay day. To imply that the show provides him some sort of emotional growth is stupid at best and kind of exploitational at worst.

• Love 2

The whole point of using MicroSort technology for Kim and Kanye is because they didn't just want ANY baby, that baby HAD to be a male. This male child will end their childbearing for their lives if they remain married. IVF only fertilizes embryos, it is NOT gender specific, and gender specificosity is precisely what they demanded, insisted upon and paid in full for.

Yes I'm aware. The woman across the hall from me had it done for those exact reasons. I had it done for genetic reasons. It's the same test no matter what the thought process is behind it. And you can't do it without IVF.

Why is an aunt who nobody has ever heard from or knows giving statements to the press anyways? Lamar has a PR team. He has children, he has a wife. If that was a member of the K family giving a statement to US, they would be tarred and feathered.

Even when the aunt gives a statement, you're still trying to attack the K's for it.

She's his aunt. And has probably known him alot longer than any Kardashian or news reporter.

Is my sarcasm meter off? I think at least a few of the literally hundreds of women Dennis "Daddy" Hof has personally sexually exploited might say a word otherwise about that. This is a guy who's boasted about sleeping with a girl the minute she was legal on her birthday and then turning her out to work directly after. He moves on fast because, hey, women are worthless after they're twenty-one. Loathsome doesn't even begin to describe him.

I get that people hate the Kardashians but, c'mon, a little perspective here.

Hmmm sounds a lot like Kris Kenner to me. Puts the kids to work when they are pre-teens, exploits their sexual antics for the world to see while they are teens, cover magazines with their naked bodies at 18, and by 21 is pretty much done with them.

• Love 5

I just read that article and while I agree on some counts, I feel like the writer forgets to mention that Lamer had a problem, long before he met the Kardashians. Don't get me wrong I don't think the shows helped, but the article/writer is making it seem like had it not been for the Kardashions, Lamer would never be in a coma due to drugs.  

• Love 1

We all like to believe that's true, but unfortunately for those clinging to life waiting for a liver, lungs or kidney, someone with wealth will take priority. Oh yes, the doctors will justify it somehow but the fact is, if you're rich you can get whatever transplant you need and jump ahead on the waiting list with warp speed. Several high-profile cases come to mind. Larry Hagman (liver) Mickey Mantle (liver), Natalie Cole (kidney), Steve Jobs (liver) and Vice President Dick Cheney (heart). Many people on the recipient list have died because they weren't important enough or rich enough.

Is it fair that an alcoholic gets a new liver, or a 71 year old man gets a new heart because he's a former V.P. of the US over a 45 year old school teacher? You better believe that if Lamar Odom needs a new kidney, he'll get bumped right up to the top of the waiting list. Or maybe Khloe, Kim, Kourtney or Kris will step up and put their kidneys up for donation for 'Lammie'.

Kim donating a kidney!!!! I'm rolling on the floor laughing.

I can just hear her litany of excuses why she can't.

• Love 3

I realize everything about Kim is a big joke to some, but I cant imagine any doctor even giving the ok for her to donate a kidney while pregnant even if it was something she wanted to do and no that isnt an excuse. Any surgery of any kind is risky but I would be shocked if any doctor would agree to such a surgery.

I just read that article and while I agree on some counts, I feel like the writer forgets to mention that Lamer had a problem, long before he met the Kardashians. Don't get me wrong I don't think the shows helped, but the article/writer is making it seem like had it not been for the Kardashions, Lamer would never be in a coma due to drugs.  

That's just how it is now.  Every damn thing is the fault of the Kardashians and the fact that Lamar had a problem before meeting Khloe is being swept under the rugs But why I am I not surprised? Considering the jokes being made out of this and the jabs saying the Kardashians are actually happy Lamar is dying from kidney failure because this will help ratings, well yeah nothing shocks me.  I'm not the biggest Kardashian fan but I do get annoyed when the level of hate for them out there gets in the way of facts.

• Love 2

he was the guy who was keeping Khloe from hanging out with her new boyfriend, James Harden.

Who created this narrative? Has James Harden been mentioned by anyone at all? 

Hmmm sounds a lot like Kris Kenner to me. Puts the kids to work when they are pre-teens, exploits their sexual antics for the world to see while they are teens, cover magazines with their naked bodies at 18, and by 21 is pretty much done with them.

Right because being a spokesmodel or on covers of magazines is totally the same as selling sex to men and working in a brothel.

I saw one article about James Harden and I believe it was Monday night. That was the first and only time I saw an article even mention him since all this started. I don't love the Kardashions, I think my posts here say that, but I don't hate that to the point that they caused this. Lamer's problems from when they started to come to light a couple of years ago showed that this wasn't some recreational use that got out of hand, it was a problem that had been building and getting worse. I also wondered what the narrative spin would have been had Khloe not shown up at the hospital? 

I also wondered what the narrative spin would have been had Khloe not shown up at the hospital?

It probably still would be she's the devil incarnate. She dropped everything to show up at the bedside and help the man that she's divorcing for cheating on her when he was found in a brothel and she's awful for it. Even when she never left the hospital once until he could leave.

So if she didn't show up to fulfill her legal requirements when they called and refused to see him on his death bed or make the medical decisions she would have been awful devil incarnate too.  She can't win in this one.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1

I don't love the Kardashions, I think my posts here say that, but I don't hate that to the point that they caused this. Lamer's problems from when they started to come to light a couple of years ago showed that this wasn't some recreational use that got out of hand, it was a problem that had been building and getting worse. I also wondered what the narrative spin would have been had Khloe not shown up at the hospital?

I agree. I'm also rethinking my stance that the reality tv got to be too much for him, and putting all that on Khloe and her family. Lamar was no hermit, E  showed clips of him pre-Khloe he was out and about and loved to be seen with the "who's/who". He loved the cameras in that respect and damn sure knew who the first family of reality tv was, so I'm putting that decision on him as well. 

It's times like these when my feminism switch kicks in although this family is made up of reality tv whores, I wonder if the shoe was on the other foot and Khloe had the drug problem, cheated on Lamar etc. and he stood by her would comments be as empathetic toward her as they are toward him as being her victim. I doubt it, they'd be calling her all sorts of names, she brought it on herself, she's lucky he's sticking around her (insert and foul derogatory word) ass. But when the man falls it's the slutty girlfriend or wife's fault, she's the devil who led to his destruction.  I've seen this script over and over even without the first whores of reality tv,which they are, but that doesn't make me blind to all this being a result of a grown man's choices, and not his wife's, period.

Edited by represent
  • Love 2

Well wow Khloe after 2 years of waiting for it to process and when she was almost there. She had her lawyer dismiss the divorce papers.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/10/21/khloe-karsashian-lamar-odom-divorce/

Khloe's lawyer Laura Wasser went before a judge Wednesday morning, asking a judge to withdraw the papers they both signed to end their marriage. The file was sitting in a pile waiting to be processed and signed by a judge.

The judge granted Wasser's request and the file is now dead.

Didn't see an article mention him or care about him before, but now I'm going to wonder about James Harden. Also what the family thinks, it's one thing to love Lamar and worry for his health, this is something different.

Edited by Artsda

Well wow Khloe after 2 years of waiting for it to process and when she was almost there. She had her lawyer dismiss the divorce papers. http://www.tmz.com/2015/10/21/khloe-karsashian-lamar-odom-divorce/

I think Lamar must have joined her in the dismissal. I've been wondering if it would go this way, so I audited a few classes at Google U the other night, and it seems that in California you can request a dismissal at any time before the judgement is entered. I thought that once the papers are signed, though, both parties have to agree to dismiss.

ETA: Sorry, should have read the link first - it was a joint action. It was in the first line. I'll just assume that Lamar's lawyers wouldn't commit malpractice and are comfortable with his competence to make this decision.

Edited by Found A Peanut

I read something yesterday, just a quick blurb, saying that Khloe had broken it off with James Harden. Then the story today about the divorce being dropped. So...it appears that Lamar got his wish after all. Khloe is his again.

• Love 1

I think Lamar must have joined her in the dismissal. I've been wondering if it would go this way, so I audited a few classes at Google U the other night, and it seems that in California you can request a dismissal at any time before the judgement is entered. I thought that once the papers are signed, though, both parties have to agree to dismiss.

The TMZ article says they jointly went to court, but only mentioned Khloe's lawyer. So perhaps she was acting on his behalf too, he had to also consent to dismiss the divorce papers. It says he signed papers from his hospital bed to do it.

Edited by Artsda

Sorry, Artsda, I should have read your link first.

Families are complicated, but I guess Lamar's family must be pretty okay with this or the lawyers and dueling statements would be hitting the news already.

I'm honestly a little horrified on Khloe's behalf, but she needs to do the right thing for herself and Lamar as she sees it or face living with what might be very sad what ifs. She certainly isn't taking the easy way out.

• Love 1

Maybe she didn't want the divorce to go through during all this, but IMO, she should have waited until he could prove that he could stay clean and sober. Otherwise, this is going to have the same ending as it did before.

• Love 3

Well wow Khloe after 2 years of waiting for it to process and when she was almost there. She had her lawyer dismiss the divorce papers.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/10/21/khloe-karsashian-lamar-odom-divorce/

Didn't see an article mention him or care about him before, but now I'm going to wonder about James Harden. Also what the family thinks, it's one thing to love Lamar and worry for his health, this is something different.

I read something yesterday, just a quick blurb, saying that Khloe had broken it off with James Harden. Then the story today about the divorce being dropped. So...it appears that Lamar got his wish after all. Khloe is his again.

I heard the same thing on TMZ last night, that Khloe has put her relationship with James Harden on "hold", but given that they're canceling the divorce, she's obviously dumped him. I honestly expect that a year from now we're going to be hearing about Lamar doing drugs & cheating on Khloe again. 

• Love 2

I heard the same thing on TMZ last night, that Khloe has put her relationship with James Harden on "hold", but given that they're canceling the divorce, she's obviously dumped him. I honestly expect that a year from now we're going to be hearing about Lamar doing drugs & cheating on Khloe again. 

Pimpmomma Kris has a vow renewal ceremony and another grandchild out of this she will NOT be denied lol, but seriously i think that's what's going to happen with Khole and Lamar. Next October we'll have Lamar's comeback story ala Robert Downey Jr.

• Love 2

Well, I truly do hope we have a Lamar comeback story a la Robert Downey Jr. I was one of the frustrated, somewhat disgusted skeptics with RDJ because it seemed that over and over and over again he was relapsing. It was unfathomable to me that someone with so much talent and seemingly endless resources and goodwill would squander it all. Honestly, and I'm ashamed to admit this, I was reaching the point of thinking "oh for pity's sake, just o.d. and be done with it because you're putting a whole bunch of people through the ringer." (And that's a horrible, awful thing to believe about anyone, ever.) However, he turned it around and cleaned it up and mad props to him and everyone who stood by him.

I reference RDJ because that kind of taught me that overcoming addiction isn't just a matter of checking yourself into rehab and cleaning up; it was a reminder to me about the importance of compassion, as well as a caution about being careful before you write someone off. Yeah, it sounds easy to me but I don't have the problems that have led me to addiction so I have no idea what that battle is like. Hell, I have a hard time denying myself a donut, so how can I understand or judge someone who has real addiction problems? Was Lamar irresponsible and throwing his life away? You bet. Is Khloe taking a risk? For sure. But the fact is, she's going into it eyes wide open. There's no sweeping this under the rug or airbrushing this reality. Everyone knows the deal now.

If he does pull it off and is able to turn his life around then it could be the greatest Kardashian story ever told. Now I won't tune in to watch it, but I will be happy for him and Khloe if he does come through this as a healthy person.

I fear this will get the I Am Cait treatment, but I sincerely hope not. I hope both Lamar and Khloe understand that not everything needs to be played out on television. However they both know what they're in for if they take that option. Really, if there must be a "story" in all this, I hope it's that they disappear for a while and Lamar comes back and does the Oprah Interview or some such thing and tells his story that way - a single victory lap instead of going through the whole process.

Whatever - Godspeed to both of them.

• Love 5

Well, I truly do hope we have a Lamar comeback story a la Robert Downey Jr. I was one of the frustrated, somewhat disgusted skeptics with RDJ because it seemed that over and over and over again he was relapsing. It was unfathomable to me that someone with so much talent and seemingly endless resources and goodwill would squander it all. Honestly, and I'm ashamed to admit this, I was reaching the point of thinking "oh for pity's sake, just o.d. and be done with it because you're putting a whole bunch of people through the ringer." (And that's a horrible, awful thing to believe about anyone, ever.) However, he turned it around and cleaned it up and mad props to him and everyone who stood by him.

I reference RDJ because that kind of taught me that overcoming addiction isn't just a matter of checking yourself into rehab and cleaning up; it was a reminder to me about the importance of compassion, as well as a caution about being careful before you write someone off. Yeah, it sounds easy to me but I don't have the problems that have led me to addiction so I have no idea what that battle is like. Hell, I have a hard time denying myself a donut, so how can I understand or judge someone who has real addiction problems? Was Lamar irresponsible and throwing his life away? You bet. Is Khloe taking a risk? For sure. But the fact is, she's going into it eyes wide open. There's no sweeping this under the rug or airbrushing this reality. Everyone knows the deal now.

If he does pull it off and is able to turn his life around then it could be the greatest Kardashian story ever told. Now I won't tune in to watch it, but I will be happy for him and Khloe if he does come through this as a healthy person.

I fear this will get the I Am Cait treatment, but I sincerely hope not. I hope both Lamar and Khloe understand that not everything needs to be played out on television. However they both know what they're in for if they take that option. Really, if there must be a "story" in all this, I hope it's that they disappear for a while and Lamar comes back and does the Oprah Interview or some such thing and tells his story that way - a single victory lap instead of going through the whole process.

Whatever - Godspeed to both of them.

It'll be the very special KUWTK hour long interview with Ryan Seacrest HA! It'd be good if it was Oprah though a good episode for her "Where are they now?" show. I kinda feel like Lamar's recovery and the re-start of his marriage to Khloe won't be shown on the show, yes it'll get mentons but if y'all recall towards the end of the marriage Khole wasn't seen on the show much and she did not go on the annual family vacay to the Dominican Republic to stay home. She what? flew in for a day? So that has me hopeful that the KUWTK camera crew will not be rolling for every step forward and every step back.

• Love 1

I have a strong feeling that at this point Khloe would put Lamar over the show if it came right down to it. I mean, look at what shes done already and I think she's shown in the past she put him over the show. She's made it pretty clear she loves him and is sticking by him. I would bet anything that at the hospital(s) she's has been talking to doctors and counselors regarding the best things to do now and what's best for Lamar. If she is advised that being kept away from the cameras is important in helping him get back on track I feel like she would be fine with it. Dr. Drew was on TV this morning and he was saying that while he commended Khloe for all that she's doing he would recommend Lamar spend 90 days in rehab, get away from everyone in his life, work on getting clean first THEN re-build the marriage.

Maybe she did it to avoid what I mentioned earlier so that she will remain in charge of his medical care.

Why would she want to?   She's an absolute fool for thinking of taking this trainwreck back, if indeed she is.     She went over and above what can be expected.   Addiction and dozens of other issues aside,  a man who whores around is pretty much useless as a mate.   75K on hookers?    And he has two children?    Poor things.    Run fast and far, Khloe.   Let his family take the reins.   

I just realized that Kanye West is the best mate a Kardashian ever landed.    Shit, that's weird.   

• Love 5

It was Lamar who pushed to end "Khloe and Lamar" after 2 seasons.   So I can't see him willing to expose his private life on reality TV - where he will have to cop to his drug use and his cheating ways.

I never thought I'd say this, but yeah, Kanye looks to the most consistent when it comes to the Kardashian in-laws.

Can't believe I'm going to say this, and, I have nothing to base it on, but, Kanye may not be a bad in-law. He may welcome being part of a large family and he might enjoy being around kids. I know a guy who is generally a humongous prick but he changes around kids. He really likes being around them. On the other hand, good luck with Lamar, Khloe. Hope your devotion to him works out for you!

• Love 2

Great idea by Kanye, nice that they all (minus Khloe) all went out to celebrate. With Kendall coming back from NY too.

E! has photos of Kanye, Kim. Caitlyn all going in along with video.

E! - INSIDE KIM KARDASIAN'S SURPRISE 35TH BIRTHDAY PARTY

When it comes to the Kardashian-Jenner family, today is for sure Kim Kardashian's day!

The Keeping Up With the Kardashians star is celebrating her 35th birthday Wednesday and is being showered with love both in person and on social media.

Kanye West took his leading to Cinépolis Luxury Cinemas at The Promenade in Westlake, Calif. where the proud mom thought she was just going to see a movie. Instead, her man helped organize a surprise birthday party with more than a few famous faces.

Kourtney Kardashian, Kylie Jenner, Kendall Jenner, Tyga, Caitlyn Jenner, Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble were just some of the familiar faces who surprised Kim with a showing of Universal Pictures' Steve Jobs movie.

Edited by Artsda

I wonder how Lamar was considered to be of sound mind to sign legal papers (to cancel the divorce). He's on dialysis every day, which I hear is quite grueling, and he's probably being given lots of pain meds 24/7. According to media reports, he spends most of his time sleeping. He's still very seriously ill. He didn't even have a lawyer represent him in this divorce cancellation action -- only Khloe's lawyer was there. Makes me wonder whether Khloe coerced him into doing this.

I'm very cynical about everything this wicked family does. I would not be surprised if the new KUWTK season is about "Saving Lamar" as Khloe's storyline... saintly Khloe helps her beloved Lamar walk, talk, do physical therapy, etc. Some writer said they'd probably have a new wedding to repeat their vows, and I can just see that event being on the show too. Lamar will get dragged right back into the reality show environment whether he wants it or not. Kris must be rejoicing that she [potentially] has a new storyline for the show that will draw in lots of viewers and revive the ratings.

I've heard a few tabloid rumors that James Harden had dumped Khloe before Lamar ever went to the brothel, and that Harden is keeping quiet about it and acting like it was Khloe who left him just to be nice during a bad time. Whatever really happened, Harden is lucky he got away from the Kardashians.

• Love 3

I'd think the legality of such a signature would only be questioned if someone had a REASON to fight it. And since there are only 2 interested parties, there are only two people who could. Who else would object to his signature? If he'd made some compelling pre-existing statement to a relative perhaps that contradicted it, perhaps. But once the judge tosses the divorce, I imagine they'd simply have to file all over again. If they were married in California it's not like it would be all that difficult for either to do so (although I'm sure that resets everything totally, including the six month waiting period).

Edited by Kromm

The press (tabloids) is reporting this as some tragic love story with this miraculous happy ending. They declared their love, they will fight for their relationship, Khloe will stand by her man (cue the music). And who knows, maybe there is an element of truth to that. But there is also the boring, logical and legal element that everybody is glossing over and that is that lamar is very sick, there is a long road to recovery and maybe, just maybe, from a legal standpoint, remaining married is the best thing to do in case there are any tough medical decisions to be made along the way. My guess is that the conversation went something like this: I love you, I am here for you, and given where things are, let's leave things alon, those things can be resolved later. After all, who else could be that person for Lamar right now? His dead best friends? His Dad? His aunt?

I don't know. I always liked Khloe and Lamar. I'm rooting for him and them.

• Love 2

I feel like Lamar's aunt would for sure have said something if she thought this was wrong for him. Lamar has declared pretty recently that Khloe would always be his wife no matter what so, without anyone to say otherwise, it seems like this doesn't go against his preferences, and Khloe has said all along she'd rather still be with Lamar, too, that he's the love of her life.

I watched an episode of House once where he talked about life after near-death experiences, and House said something like, "...everything is different. For about six months." No idea how universal that is but I've had personal experiences that bear out the truth of it for me. I hope it isn't true for Lamar. I hope this terrible episode leads to real, transformative change for him. Long term change is tougher than it feels like it will be in the aftermath of a crisis that blows you up and makes all of your old problems seem so stupid and small. The whole world looks different to you from way up there, but that fades as you come back to earth and all the same old problems are waiting for you still big as life. Best of luck to Lamar and Khloe both for the long haul ahead.

• Love 1