Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E01: Money Hungry

Richard had a 13 lb weight loss, which was pretty good, I thought. I was kind of surprised that Dolvett seemed disappointed. If Rich waterloaded, he certainly was very exacting about it, not too much, not too little.

I think 13 lbs is quite a lot too but for a guy in week one when the other team's guys near the same starting point lose in the mid-20s, in BL Land it indicates shenanigans. Hatch probably practiced waterloading at home so he knew exactly how much to imbibe.

• Love 3

I decided a long time ago the only way to watch this show is to dvr it and to fast forward about 50% of it. I seriously cannot stand the sob stories. I'm sorry about Toy's son and Erin's father but I really hope we don't hear about their deaths continuously all season (I'm sure we will though.)

Anyway, the couple with the 12 year old daughter really pissed me off. I couldn't believe that they said their daughter MAY be overweight and that their poor eating habits MAY have affected her. I really hope that they're serious about getting themselves healthy and getting their daughter healthy too. That poor girl looked over 200 pounds.

• Love 2

I despise Richard Hatch but it is always entertaining to watch him scheme and manipulate people. Picking the 8 lb advantage was his opening salvo of, "See, you can trust me." This should be fun.

• Love 4

Okay, I'm a jerk but I rolled my eyes at everybody going batshit over winning a year's membership at Planet Fitness.  That's a $120 value.  Also known as one week's grocery bill...

• Love 6

It just occurred to me (maybe I am a bit slow on the uptake, LOL) but I would be willing to bet that these new high-dollar "temptations" and making the contestants choose between personal financial gain and team rewards were specifically engineered for Richard Hatch. The producers probably thought this formula was going to produce lots of sparks and discussion beyond the scope of the regular viewership of this show.

• Love 1

Way too much Bob.  Way, way too much Bob.  Of course, I can't stand Bob so I was already saying that about 5 minutes in but he is way too involved.

I liked Hatch on his original Survivor appearance, he was playing the game differently than everyone else from day 1.  It will be interesting to see how he does in this format.

• Love 3

I've never watched Survivor but I'm increasingly intrigued (disturbed?) by how many people seem to be making a career from appearing on one reality show after another.

• Love 2

Okay, I'm a jerk but I rolled my eyes at everybody going batshit over winning a year's membership at Planet Fitness.  That's a $120 value.  Also known as one week's grocery bill...

Yes! Show really went all out "giving" these "generous" memberships (and as if anyone is even paying a penny for a sponsor's product placement. Like Oprah gave away cars--that the manufacturer donated).

I've never watched Survivor but I'm increasingly intrigued (disturbed?) by how many people seem to be making a career from appearing on one reality show after another.

Okay, but to be fair, Richard Hatch isn't exactly copying anyone else in doing so. He was the OG. They all copied him.

That's not to say anyone has to like his ass. He's slimy.

And really Big Brother and it's showbiz-lite launching pad status is arguably even worse. And The Bachelor/ette worst of all of them.

I never watched before so I was excited to tune in for something new.  Fifteen minutes in.. I put on Love it or List it.

Good heavens, NYGirl, you must have really loathed it.

I get annoyed by it, but not enough to go to David & Hilary.

• Love 5

Too much Bob. I liked him as a trainer until the last few seasons. But it was just Bob overload.  Let's not even wait a week until we start dragging out the emotional pain as a spectacle.

I just can't with Richard Hatch.  He's not entertaining to me. He's just annoying.  

Then let me stand in the jerk corner with you cuz I was doing the same. Although, I really hope they went all out and sprung for the Black Card membership spending at least $240 a year....or 2 weeks of groceries.

• Love 2

I'm not going to make it through this season. I do think Jen brings the pretty, but I'm over 50 now, so I need more than that.

Do they keep the heat cranked in the gym? Between all the sweat and tears, I feared for a So. Ca. mudslide.

I also saw Bob on the NYE game thing. I thought he was quite disrespectful to the contestants at TBL.

Hatch? Ugh. Really? And I know nothing about "The Voice" so I've never heard of the other "star."

• Love 1
I also saw Bob on the NYE game thing. I thought he was quite disrespectful to the contestants at TBL.

Wow. I missed that. What did he say?

He must be able to fake sincerity really well, since he always seems to get a crush on a contestant part way through each season.

• Love 3

I thought that Bob looked really bad. He looked puffy and his shirt was tucked into the pants and the pants looked like they were straining at the button. It was weird. I don't think that he is big by any means, but he looked like he put on a few pounds and he didn't look good in regular clothes. Obviously, Dolvett has stepped into the "Jillian" archetype, of the yelling boot-camp trainer (always have to have one of those on the show) and the other trainer, is the nice one that doesn't yell at her team (almost always female, although, Bob was that to Jillian). Really HATED Bob trying to be a counselor to these people. As a licensed counselor, it annoys. With that said, I thought that Bob could be a good counselor, he actually said some things that felt very authentic. He looked like he cared in that scene with Toy. But, if you want to do counseling, get training, get the license and the degree. Then, no one can say shit. 

• Love 3

Wow. I missed that. What did he say?

They said something about the new season of Biggest Loser, and Bob started mocking the contestants, saying (literally) "Waaaah! I want pizza! Waaaah!" and shit like that. It was pretty appalling, although I already knew Bob was a goddamn asshole.

• Love 2

They said something about the new season of Biggest Loser, and Bob started mocking the contestants, saying (literally) "Waaaah! I want pizza! Waaaah!" and shit like that. It was pretty appalling, although I already knew Bob was a goddamn asshole.

• Love 3

OT- There is a new show, that is worth a look, My Diet is Better than Your Diet. .  I have wanted TBL to do this for years.  That being, to separate them into groups and give each a different diet.  Which one has the fastest loss, is easier to follow, who had more energy etc.   Losing weight is 80% diet and BL gives scant attention to what they eat and that is key.   

Show thread here. 

http://forums.previously.tv/topic/36823-all-episodes-talk-what-a-loser/#entry1855007

Edited by wings707
  • Love 3

Wow, on the video.  I am shocked, what was he thinking?   Was it recent?  I have not heard any negative feedback.

10 days ago. That was a New Year's Eve special. This year's special. He said it live.
  • Love 1

10 days ago. That was a New Year's Eve special. This year's special. He said it live.

I have not followed this show or the trainers closely I FF a lot so never considered the cult of Bob.

Shocking. What an asshole. I rarely suse e that word .

• Love 1

You should post the video to the BL Facebook page.

YES!! And TMZ. They'd  go crazy for it.

You should post the video to the BL Facebook page.

YES!! And TMZ. They'd  go crazy for it.

It aired on live network TV. The same network as BL in fact. It's really strange to think it would have to be something that TMZ would have to be notified of! Then again I suppose they can't watch everything.

I don't think I enjoyed anything about this episode.  Except Richard's 'paying taxes' joke.  That was awesome.  Everything else was very much not-awesome.  All my favourite shows are going to shit.

I finally watched the first episode this past weekend and of course I cried like a baby when I heard Toy's story that was so sad.  I had no idea that Richard Hatch would be on this season.  In fact I was wondering what happened to this show but im glad to see it back and glad Bob Harper is the coach!  

Only recently saw the episode. Er, Bob, they cheered at the idea of you being host. Think about it. That's kind of insulting. Lol.

I skipped through the sobbing, so I did not know about her son until coming here. I can't imagine. I hope she gets the help she needs.

I enjoyed Richard on Survivor. So far, I like him here, but I hope it isn't just a game here. I know it is for many, but I like when contestants on this show take it more seriously than other reality shows.