Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E05: Will Power

• Start Topic

Didn't Camille say she had her lip implant removed?  I know a woman I worked with had an implant put in and to have it removed,  She claimed she was allergic.  Taylor likes the look.

If Camille said that, she was mistaken.  I watched her lip operation on TV, I am not sure on what show, this was before she was on this series and I don't watch soaps.  She looked so good and then went back to fillers!  ARG.  

ETA.  Somewhere I heard Taylor wanted her implant removed and the doctor said he couldn't because it was thoroughly embedded in scar tissue.  I just googled and some can be removed if the scar tissue is not too great.  

Edited by wings707

Let's not give 2 Live Crew too much credit, "me love you long time" is from the Kubrick film Full Metal Jacket, it's part of the Vietnamese prostitute character's dialogue. Would Rinna have known it was an "Asian thing" if she hadn't seen that movie?

YES. Definitely. Lisa Rinna is just a bit older than me.   The term dates back to at least WW2.   And was used A LOT by the likes of Johnny Carson and Bob Hope on TV in the1970s.   It was also used a lot by regular people.  Specifically vets from both WW2 and Korea.   For the most part Vietnam vets were more cultural sensitive the older vets and not as prone to saying things like that in everyday conversation.  (I did a bit of volunteer work in the late 70s early 80s with vets in the NYC/NJ area so my information is based on that demographic). 

• Love 2

If Camille said that, she was mistaken.  I watched her lip operation on TV, I am not sure on what show, this was before she was on this series and I don't watch soaps.  She looked so good and then went back to fillers!  ARG.  

ETA.  Somewhere I heard Taylor wanted her implant removed and the doctor said he couldn't because it was thoroughly embedded in scar tissue.  I just googled and some can be removed if the scar tissue is not too great.  

Camille had her implant removed.  She mentioned it at the Season 1 Reunion.  Of course she also claimed to have had her breast implants removed and I am not seeing it.  Maybe replaced with smaller ones.

Camille had her implant removed.  She mentioned it at the Season 1 Reunion.  Of course she also claimed to have had her breast implants removed and I am not seeing it.  Maybe replaced with smaller ones.

I bet smaller ones.   I will look closely if she comes on again.  She was fortunate her lip implant could be removed.  I thought you meant that she said that Rinna had an implant removed, not herself.  LOL!  Taylor's looks terrible. 

• Love 1

If Camille had her lip implant removed, she's probably substituted it with regular non permanent filler injections, lip implants can be quite palpable and unnatural feeling, the lip fillers would be far less so. Camille is way past the point of no return with her plastic surgery anyway, she'll never look natural again. Taylor either has permanent liquid silicone filler in her lips like Rinna originally had, or some sort of implant like Camille originally had, I think the main obstacle for Taylor is the routine (because it's non permanent) filler touch ups. I wouldn't think there's any significant medical obstacle for a surgeon to remove whatever she's got in her lips currently, the end result is just not going to look too great without some continual upkeep.

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 3

It seems to me that Camille's longtime love was younger than she, but I could be wrong.  I wonder if that's the reason she started having herself made over.  Of course, she had the boobies done while married to Kelsey, but I'm referring to her lips, etc.

"Full Metal Jacket" came out way back in the 1960s. " Me love you long time" has evolved into unknowing people's term for "I love you."  LisaR, IMO, likes to talk like her daughters, and it's likely that she used the term meaning "I love you" without being aware of the other meaning.  I'm no fan of LisaR, but in this case, I'm not sure that she meant it in its original context.

Edited by Lura
  • Love 2

I wouldn't think there's any significant medical obstacle for a surgeon to remove whatever she's got in her lips currently, the end result is just not going to look too great without some continual upkeep.

Taylor, herself, said it was an implant and her surgeon said it could not be removed due to scar tissue having grown around it.   She wanted it taken out.  

It seems to me that Camille's longtime love was younger than she, but I could be wrong.  I wonder if that's the reason she started having herself made over.  Of course, she had the boobies done while married to Kelsey, but I'm referring to her lips, etc.

I feel like a fish out of water.  I've never heard of the saying that everyone else seems to know.  Zoeysmom, or somebody, please PM me with an explanation!  I never saw the movie, and I wouldn't have known what it meant if Carson had used it, so I'm apparently living under a rock.

What saying are you talking about?

Edited by wings707

"Full Metal Jacket" came out way back in the 1960s. " Me love you long time" has evolved into unknowing people's term for "I love you."  LisaR, IMO, likes to talk like her daughters, and it's likely that she used the term meaning "I love you" without being aware of the other meaning.  I'm no fan of LisaR, but in this case, I'm not sure that she meant it in its original context.

Sorry Lura, I would love to help but I don't know the reference.  To me, Lisa RInna, made a poor choice to imitate an Asian accent  and I just don't think she is all that deep to incorporate some film reference.  She liked the woman, and although offensive to many, I don't think it was her intent.  Lisa Rinna is big on intentions.  To me, she could have said, "she has known my hoo-ha for a long time," and I for one would get the message," (especially after she mentioned she had been waxing her for 17 years) but Lisa seems to fancy herself as entertaining.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 5

Taylor, herself, said it was an implant and her surgeon said it could not be removed due to scar tissue having grown around it. She wanted it taken out.

Paul Nassif apparently said it was silicone filler in Taylor's lips, and he's also not a con artist who changed his name several times, so I believe his professional consultant plastic surgeon opinion over Shana Hugh's. Scar tissue is unlikely to be an obstacle to a plastic surgeon in removing whatever Taylor has in her lips, but achieving a desirable aesthetic result would be difficult. Taylor's lips would look worse than her original "thin villainous lips", but the same situation would have been faced by Rinna and Camille, and that's why they probably have non permanent fillers regularly injected. Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 3

Paul Nassif apparently said it was silicone filler in Taylor's lips, and he's also not a con artist who changed his name several times, so I believe his professional consultant plastic surgeon opinion over Shana Hugh's. Scar tissue is unlikely to be an obstacle to a plastic surgeon in removing whatever Taylor has in her lips, but achieving a desirable aesthetic result would be difficult. Taylor's lips would look worse than her original "thin villainous lips", but the same situation would have been faced by Rinna and Camille, and that's why they probably have non permanent fillers regularly injected.

I didn't say Paul was a con artist who changed his name and who is Shana Hughs?   Must be someone else's post.  

I just repeated what Taylor said about her own lips on and episode.   **shrug**     

• Love 1

I didn't say Paul was a con artist who changed his name and who is Shana Hughs? Must be someone else's post.

I just repeated what Taylor said about her own lips on and episode. **shrug**

Shana Hughes is Taylor's original name. It then became Shana Taylor, then Taylor Ford, and then Taylor Armstrong. I'm calling her a con artist. Paul's word is worth more than hers based on that alone, and he's also a plastic surgeon so I assume he knows what he's talking about when the subject is lip augmentation. Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 4

All I can say about surgical "shiny butthole" lips is that it's incredibly pathetic to do that just so there's SOMETHING memorable for people to notice. Geez, you BH fools, work on your talents, intellects or personalities so you don't have to resort to buttholes on your faces! lol

• Love 2

Taylor, herself, said it was an implant and her surgeon said it could not be removed due to scar tissue having grown around it.   She wanted it taken out.  

If you go to Youtube and type in Full Metal Jacket, Me Love you Long Time, you can see the scene referenced. I don't know If I can link it 

Edited by JennyMominFL

Shana Hughes is Taylor's original name. It then became Shana Taylor, then Taylor Ford, and then Taylor Armstrong. I'm calling her a con artist. Paul's word is worth more than hers based on that alone, and he's also a plastic surgeon so I assume he knows what he's talking about when the subject is lip augmentation.

OMG.  A lot of name changes there.  I did not know that!  wow 

If you go to Youtube and type in Full Metal Jacket, Me Love you Long Time, you can see the scene referenced. I don't know If I can link it 

Okay but that is an entire song, right?  I doubt I could pick out the saying you said was unfamiliar to you.  What is the saying?  

I was referring to the phrase "Me love you long time."  The crazy thing is that right after I wrote, asking someone to tell me the meaning of it, I found the meaning on Urban Dictionary.  Sooo, I deleted that paragraph and wrote about LisaR and whether or not she knew the meaning of it.  LOL  This whole thing is so mixed up!

First, I never heard LisaR saying it on the show.  It passed me by.  So I didn't know that she delivered this thing with an Asian accent.  That changes my opinion a lot.  Apparently, a couple of you saw my post in the short time before I edited it and offered your help (for which I thank you).  Are we up to speed yet?  LOL  Sorry I confused you.

Now, my opinion agrees with yours, zoeysmom.  I really believe that Lisa knew exactly what she was saying, and she said it anyway.  I doubt she meant it as a racial slur to her friend, but judging from her language on the show and in THs, it wouldn't surprise me if she'd use that term anyway.  I don't think Lisa cares what other people think of her.  I really feel this way. I think Lisa would say or do anything for the drama and the attention.  I think she's an impulsive female with a big mouth, and they seem to get her into trouble.

Edited by Lura
  • Love 2

OMG. A lot of name changes there. I did not know that! wow

She and Russell had shady reputations, but after Russell killed himself most of it became off limits.

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 1

Do plastic surgeons actually inject silicone into lips? I am legit asking as it seems like that would be a recipe for disaster as we know how silicone can migrate. Anyone know about this procedure? Thanks in advance.

I don't think they do and the quoted article does not have Paul saying silicone injections-nor does this one-http://allthingsrh.com/photos-of-taylor-armstrong-before-plastic-surgery/.  I doubt they inject silicone since it is not legal http://www.surgery.org/media/news-releases/silicone---injections-for-cosmetic-use.  There are a variety of fillers, with new names coming out all the time that fill the bill so to speak. 

• Love 2

I don't think they do and the quoted article does not have Paul saying silicone injections-nor does this one-http://allthingsrh.com/photos-of-taylor-armstrong-before-plastic-surgery/. I doubt they inject silicone since it is not legal http://www.surgery.org/media/news-releases/silicone---injections-for-cosmetic-use. There are a variety of fillers, with new names coming out all the time that fill the bill so to speak.

Doctors have a fair amount of leeway when it comes to using FDA approved substances for non indicated or off label applications. The doctor who injected Rinna's lips with silicone back in the eighties wouldn't necessarily have been a plastic surgeon or dermatologist, I don't believe that medical practitioners practicing as "cosmetic surgeons"' are regulated in the same way way as plastic surgeons or dermatologists, or even at all. Practically any doctor is permitted to perform surgery, and practically any doctor can call themselves a cosmetic surgeon and perform "cosmetic surgery", derma filler injections using silicone the FDA approved for therapeutic treatment of the eye should probably be the least of the FDA's concerns with "cosmetic surgeons", these minimally trained hacks are doing far more risky things.
  • Love 2
Lura, on 04 Jan 2016 - 2:10 PM, said:Lura, on 04 Jan 2016 - 2:10 PM, said:

Full Metal Jacket is from 1987.

Not really being into war movies as a young teen (or an adult) I never saw it.  But I sure know the catch phrase from that song. It was VERY popular when I was in high school. I had no clue the 2 were related.  *insert "the more you know" song and logo here.*

ETA: Younger generations may know the phrase from Cartman on South Park or Family Guy.  They both used it in particular episodes.  There's also a song by the Black Eyed Peas called "Love You Long Time."  So my guess is that many people saying it do not know its true origins, and hey, LisaR might be one of them.  I was!

So, in conclusion, I do not think LisaR was being "racist" with her statement. I think she said something dumb and un-PC.  But to label her a racist over it is over the top and really, really reaching. 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 10

Lisa Rinna seems far too aspirational to have not seen Full Metal Jacket when it was released. She was 24 in 1987, and she had also made the jump to giant silicone lips just a year beforehand in pursuit of fame and fortune as an actor.

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 1

Makes perfect sense!

I thought so too.  Especially what she says about how shaving leaves microscopic holes in the skin, openings for bacteria.  Hair is protection, no matter where on our bodies it chooses to grow.

I don't think women in labor are shaved anymore, not like the old days. 

• Love 1

Lisa Rinna seems far too aspirational to have not seen Full Metal Jacket when it was released. She was 24 in 1987, and she had also made the jump to giant silicone lips just a year beforehand in pursuit of fame and fortune as an actor.

I've seen it about a million times because it is the most accurate depiction of Marine Corps boot camp that I've ever seen. It did come out in 87 I went to boot camp in 1988 , and the DI's liked to point out all of the stuff that Private Pyle failed at, despite the movie being done on a sound stage and not on Parris Island. Being a Kubrick movie it's pretty darned famous.  I would  guess Lisa Rinna has seen it.

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 2

To put in in perspective I went out a couple of times with one of the guys (yes, really) in the scene after the movie had been out for awhile and have to say I didn't know the quote. Never saw the movie because it wasn't my kind of thing. It was a bit of a blast from the past to see the clip on You Tube. Thanks!

Lisa and Harry probably like to think they're edgy and sometimes fail to see how time has changed the way something is perceived. I stick my foot in my mouth every once in awhile because so many things of my younger days have changed but its how you react when schooled that makes the difference and I'd bet Lisar would be, and probably now is schooled and will never do it again.

• Love 5

"Full Metal Jacket" was released in 1987, not the sixties.

• Love 3

Yolanda is TICKing me off! (Ha ha, get it?) I don't expect the Housewives to be a) knowledgeable and 2) sensitive, but Yolanda's pooh-poohing of depression when she was talking to Kyle irked the crap out of me. As someone who has suffered from severe clinical depression, you bet your ass it's as debilitating as Lyme Disease. It not only has physical symptoms, it's often recurrent and lifelong, and you have to deal with the specter of suicide and a whole host of other problems, including your brain completely shutting down. I'm getting a little tired of all her "my illness is worse than everyone else's" thing. To me, that speaks to hypochondria. Truly ill people don't act like it's a competition. Plus, all that quackery and vitamin treatments-- that's textbook hypochondriacal behavior. I don't know if she's faking it--but I do think she's milking it, and I think it's very possible her illness is exacerbated by depression from her divorce from icky narcissist David.  I can't stand David, but I'm beginning to see why he might have left her. 

With her hair straightened and only a little make-up, Erica looks about 22. When she does the pageant hair and cakes on the make-up, she looks like a 50 year madame at the Vegas Hooker Ranch. I can't believe how much it ages her. I still love Kyle and Lisa.

Edited by venezia54
  • Love 19

To put in in perspective I went out a couple of times with one of the guys (yes, really) in the scene after the movie had been out for awhile and have to say I didn't know the quote.

Which one!? Matthew Modine or Kevyn Major Howard.  Say Matthew!  I like him so much.  Married to the Mob was on over the holidays and I loved seeing it again.  

Margaret Cho, an Asian actress/comedian says that she was walking down the street and some guy leaned out his car window and yelled, "Me love you long time!  Me love you long time."  Ugh.  I guess if Rinna hadn't said it about her Asian employee, using an Asian accent and dropping words, I'd feel different.  

After "she know my hoo hoo long time" and the Swastika shirt...I'll give her one more strike until she's a certifiable dumbass bigot in my book. 

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 5

Which one!? Matthew Modine or Kevyn Major Howard.  Say Matthew!  I like him so much.  Married to the Mob was on over the holidays and I loved seeing it again.  

Margaret Cho, an Asian actress/comedian says that she was walking down the street and some guy leaned out his car window and yelled, "Me love you long time!  Me love you long time."  Ugh.  I guess if Rinna hadn't said it about her Asian employee, using an Asian accent and dropping words, I'd feel different.  

After "she know my hoo hoo long time" and the Swastika shirt...I'll give her one more strike until she's a certifiable dumbass bigot in my book.

I think she's just a dumb ass sometimes as we all can be. I sent you a PM.
  • Love 2

My best friend is a make up artist in LA and worked with Lisa Rinna once on a set.  LisaR invited my friend to join her for her daily run during the length of the shoot.  My friend says that LisaR, both on and off the set, is one of the easiest-going, lowest maintenance, fun-loving person she has ever worked with.  (Tom Bosley of Happy Days merits her least favorite vote.)  Several years later LisaR spotted her at an event and made a point to greet her and remembered her name.  While she does have some cringe-worthy traits, I always remember my friend's opinion when I see LisaR on the show.

I choose to give LisaR the benefit of the doubt on this one.  She, like myself, may have just been familiar with the end of the phrase and not what came first in the movie.

Thank you for sharing this; it makes me happy because even if Lisa R makes me cringe from time to time, I genuinely like her. I can't help it.  However, it breaks my heart to hear that Mr. C wasn't very Mr. C-like in real life. 

Edited by harrie
  • Love 6

Kim Zolciak says "love you long time" to her kids on her show all the time. Not that she's a moral compass of anything or even that bright, but, I don't think everyone is aware of where the saying came from. I wasn't . I never saw the movie.

• Love 9

I don't give a fig about Yoyo's illnesses. Don't care if she gets better or worse. To me she is another Kim Richards, it's only about her and she is an emotional vampire. I fast forward past her and her sicker than thou shameing and martyrdom. The Tamera Tattles 3 part time line just confirmed what we have said "Things aren't adding up."

I'm not going to knock Lisa R. nor anyone on the show who questions Yoyo's claims and quackery at all. She did and said what most if us have done here. Things aren't adding up and when it was brought up she discussed it and voiced her own questions.

As for Eileen, she's should have kept her damn mouth shut. She owes Lisa R. an apology.

• Love 8

Am I understanding this correctly?  In the movie, which I've never seen, the statement, 'Me love you long time' is made?  And somehow, this is somehow connected to Lisa saying, 'She work for me long time' and is therefore racist?  IMO, this is a huge stretch.  It's not the same. 

Now, if you think having fun with an accent of someone of a different race is somehow racist, I can give a little leeway but racism is about intent.  And I don't see any intent of racism on Lisa's part.  This woman has provided a service to her for seventeen years.  Given the longevity of the relationship, one could pretty much assume that each is happy with the 'relationship'.  I would think the professional waxer probably does quite well and doesn't 'need' Lisar for survival. 

Bottom line for me is that some people are reading way too much into this.  And there doesn't seem to be any 'outrage' in other places.  I'm sure if there is/were someone will post a link. 

• Love 8

Am I understanding this correctly? In the movie, which I've never seen, the statement, 'Me love you long time' is made? And somehow, this is somehow connected to Lisa saying, 'She work for me long time' and is therefore racist? IMO, this is a huge stretch. It's not the same.

If your opinion is that people are reading too much into this then that's fine, no one is denying you your opinion. However, the above is an oversimplification of the issue, though previous posts have already explained it better than I could. Honestly, I feel like both sides have fully fleshed out their respective positions and at this point it's in "agree to disagree" territory, unless someone has something new to bring to the topic that hasn't already been stated multiple times.

ETA: Sorry, I can't find it again but thank you to whomever posted the link to the BTS video on the THs. Fun to see the women with swanky tops and sweatpants bottoms, even Lisa V in her house shoes! Eileen was gorgeous: hair, makeup, dress, everything was on point and she pulled off her gold theme perfectly.

Edited by link417
  • Love 11

If your opinion is that people are reading too much into this then that's fine, no one is denying you your opinion. However, the above is an oversimplification of the issue, though previous posts have already explained it better than I could. Honestly, I feel like both sides have fully fleshed out their respective positions and at this point it's in "agree to disagree" territory, unless someone has something new to bring to the topic that hasn't already been stated multiple times.

I agree. You either believe it was said with intent or not. It's over, imo. Though I wish others were more tolerant of differing opinions without calling them ridiculous or reaching.  Hell, probably 90% of what's posted here is a stretch.   But notice each stretch isn't called out.  If they were, our mods would be closing threads left and right. 

Glad there's a new episode tonight.  I hope we get a break from Yolanda.  That's also over, imo.  Or should be. How many more ways can we come up with to call her an asshole? 

• Love 10

I agree. You either believe it was said with intent or not. It's over, imo. Though I wish others were more tolerant of differing opinions without calling them ridiculous or reaching.  Hell, probably 90% of what's posted here is a stretch.   But notice each stretch isn't called out.  If they were, our mods would be closing threads left and right. 

Glad there's a new episode tonight.  I hope we get a break from Yolanda.  That's also over, imo.  Or should be. How many more ways can we come up with to call her an asshole? 

I agree with your entire post.  As for the bold, OMG, yes!!  It is beyond beating a dead horse.  And the simultaneous truth is posters are free to beat it as long as they want.  LOL!   I am hoping for some new topics.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 4

Lul (dutch), Connard (French), Stronzo (Italian), Arschloch (German), Kusipaa (Finnish) - Yep no matter how you say it, I'm sick of YO. 

• Love 5

Adding on about Lisa Rinna - -I can also vouch for her real-life realness via my sister, who worked with Harry in a theater setting some time ago (maybe 10 years or more). My sister went to a really nice, homey, very fun party at their house once and couldn't say enough good things about them both. I think Lisa speaks before she thinks sometimes and, as Pattycake said above -- it's a role. 

• Love 8

My sis heard Lisar give an interview on the radio.  She said she is playing a role on RHOBH and that she treats it as seriously as any other acting job.  She's pretty good, too, I think.

Better not let Andy hear she is playing a role. Tamara Barney said something similar and Andy gave her the stink eye. These women want to have it both ways. When things are going well for them in the public eye it is real but when they get negative feedback it is editing or a role they are playing. Human nature I guess.

• Love 7

Better not let Andy hear she is playing a role. Tamara Barney said something similar and Andy gave her the stink eye. These women want to have it both ways. When things are going well for them in the public eye it is real but when they get negative feedback it is editing or a role they are playing. Human nature I guess.

Andy can all the stink eye he wants to the HWs but he needs to give it to himself 24/7 IMO. LOL I think they all exaggerate/amp up who/what they are in real life on the show, so I guess they ARE playing a "role" so to speak. 

• Love 7

Andy can all the stink eye he wants to the HWs but he needs to give it to himself 24/7 IMO. LOL I think they all exaggerate/amp up who/what they are in real life on the show, so I guess they ARE playing a "role" so to speak. 

From what Andy has said in the past I believe that was his reluctance in hiring Lisar Season 1.  Of course he has made other casting and retaining mistakes far worse.

• Love 3