Type keyword(s) to search

MSNBC: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Vaulted)

1 hour ago, Decoda said:

Chris Jansing is back on now for an hour, hosting the last hour of live Philly broadcasting. Talk of the day is Tim Kaine as Hillary's VP, who went from being predicted to be a safe bore to a charming and very likeable prescence on TV. The coverage should be interesting as I don't know anything bad people can say about him.

I hate to burst your bubble, but Trump is already calling him "corrupt" Kaine because he accepted "gifts" while in office.  Problem is, it was legal & he declared the gifts on his taxes, but that's not a problem for Trump.  So now it will be Crooked Hillary & Corrupt Kaine.  Wish someone would come up with a really good adjective to describe Devious Donald!!!

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, tenativelyyours said:

I loathe the tough over cooked stale roll crap that is Pat's steaks.  If in Philly, find the Italian Market at 9th and simply walk around and check out the local eateries.  Tons of really good cheesesteaks that come with proper provolone, fresh shredded lettuce and sliced tomato or excellent sauteed peppers and onions.  None of the bad tourist attractions -- I know many born and bred Philadelphians that can list dozens of places to try and they have never once eaten at Pat's.  Not once.  An uncle was curious and went down to check it out and saw what they were selling and figured he would rather go home and dip an old loafer in his wife's homemade cheese sauce instead if he had to.

Totally agree!  And Chris Mathews grew up in Montgomery County, north of Philadelphia (very nice upscale area), not in South or West Philadelphia, so I'm guessing that if he ventured into the city as a high school student, he would have gone to a tourist place like Pat's Steaks.   As you say, and I said above, anyone living in Philadelphia (me and the people I know there) would not go to Pat's Steaks -- because there is such better fast street food in every corner store. 

Great article on exactly this topic published yesterday!  http://www.philly.com/philly/news/politics/dnc/20160724_Where_to_eat_in_Philly_LaBan.html

Chris Jansing must have been under a waterspout, because in the final fifteen minutes of her hour, there was a cascade of water behind her booth.

1 minute ago, Medicine Crow said:

I hate to burst your bubble, but Trump is already calling him "corrupt" Kaine because he accepted "gifts" while in office.  Problem is, it was legal & he declared the gifts on his taxes, but that's not a problem for Trump.  So now it will be Crooked Hillary & Corrupt Kaine.  Wish someone would come up with a really good adjective to describe Devious Donald!!!

Yes, this seems to be the main "dirt" they could dig up -- and because he declared the gifts, it was all legal.  Sheesh, Trump, release your tax forms so we can see your numbers! 

• Love 4

What I find hysterical is all the money MSNBC, CNN and Fox News threw at the RNC coverage and the ratings were horrible for the most part. I think people are tuning out because of BriWi and Chris Matthews because they are hacks. They really need to bench these two for next week.

• Love 6
On 7/22/2016 at 1:56 AM, maraleia said:

Chris has lost it ever since his wife lost her primary race...he is clearly off his rocker with the statement's he's made of late.

I don't recognize the Chris Matthews who used to host Hardball in the early 2000's. Chris must be furious that Hillary did not endorse his wife for Congress and ask the other candidates to drop out. Chris was doing his best to support Hillary during the primaries.

1 hour ago, maraleia said:

What I find hysterical is all the money MSNBC, CNN and Fox News threw at the RNC coverage and the ratings were horrible for the most part. I think people are tuning out because of BriWi and Chris Matthews because they are hacks. They really need to bench these two for next week.

I agree. I have been watching more of CNN's coverage. BriWi was on again yesterday during the Munich shooting. It's sad how much he has fallen in over a year. Why can't he agree to leave the network?

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, oakville said:

I agree. I have been watching more of CNN's coverage.

Honestly, in watching the political coverage this year, it's like me and my remote are playing "Whack-A-Mole"....Brian Williams comes on...whack...Don Lemon shows up on CNN....whack....crazy Chris Matthews comes out....whack...Jeffrey Lord speaks on CNN....whack....Anne Coulter on MSNBC...."game over", and head to the internet for coverage. Honestly, setting up a political "newsfeed", if you will, with who I follow on twitter has been the saving grace for me this year.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 10
(edited)

Unable to tolerate these totally full of themselves talking heads (this should be covered 100% by Rachel, Chris Hayes and Anderson Cooper), I tuned in to PBS with Gwen Ifill, Judy Woodruff with Mark Shields and David Brooks (new hero to the left).

I'm sure they will an excellent job beginning Monday.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 3
(edited)

Honestly, in watching the political coverage this year, it's like me and my remote are playing "Whack-A-Mole"....Brian Williams comes on...whack...Don Lemon shows up on CNN....whack....crazy Chris Matthews comes out....whack...Jeffrey Lord speaks on CNN....whack....Anne Coulter on MSNBC...."game over", and head to the internet for coverage. Honestly, setting up a political "newsfeed", if you will, with who I follow on twitter has been the saving grace for me this year.

Totally. I really miss Al Jazeera America lately. Especially while I'm working I like to see what's going on, but I can't stand to watch any of the channels for more than a few minutes. It's either hate or idiocy 24-7. 

Edited by jenrising
wrong thing
  • Love 3

Agreed. I always felt bad for Al Jazeera America because of what it had to overcome with preconceived notions of it being some sort of propaganda channel. It was actually really good in exploring issues that weren't getting coverage. One example was the Scottish referendum a few years about leaving the UK. I think it was the only network (other than the BBC) to spend any time covering this. A small example. They also ran David Frost's last series before his death.

i looked at my listings in hopes that BBC world news would be providing coverage. No such luck.

i think I'm going to have to watch the 10pm coverage on CBS. I cannot make it through this week with that stupid ass Brian Williams. And Matthews is chummier with the Dem hacks than the GOP so the circle jerk is going to be even worse this week.

On "Meet the Press" today, Chris Mathews was introduced as a "son of Philadelphia", and someone chimed in that Andrea Mitchell (on today's panel) had graduated from the University of Pennsylvania -- which is actually in Philadelphia, unlike Chris's hometown to the north in a suburban county.  And Andrea was a city hall reporter for years after her graduation, so she is much more of a Philadelphian than Chris, with her living and working in the city. 

I was confused by the reporting over the weekend from Independence Mall; I guess they set up there over the weekend, but the actual convention is miles away, the most southern part of South Philadelphia. 

If I see one more hack eating a steak and cheese sandwich.....

Like that makes them more down with the common folk.  Ugh.

(Yeah, I know in Philly it's "cheesesteak" but I'm not from there.  So there.  LOL.)

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, jjj said:

On "Meet the Press" today, Chris Mathews was introduced as a "son of Philadelphia", and someone chimed in that Andrea Mitchell (on today's panel) had graduated from the University of Pennsylvania -- which is actually in Philadelphia, unlike Chris's hometown to the north in a suburban county.  And Andrea was a city hall reporter for years after her graduation, so she is much more of a Philadelphian than Chris, with her living and working in the city. 

That's great news!  Maybe Chris will tamp down the "expertise" this week.

I missed most of MTP, but did see enough to realize Matthews is positioning himself as MSNBC's "liberal" Trump apologist. Trump shouted through his acceptance speech because "I think he didn't know how to deliver that kind of speech in a conversational style, although his daughter did."

Trump's given hundreds of speeches in a conversational style. He's used a teleprompter before, too, without shouting for 75 straight minutes. (Plus, when in doubt, maybe you should look at other convention speeches? They're on Youtube for all to see.)  Clearly, the Mussolini stylings were intentional, including the body language.

I did feel sorry for Michael Steele, though. You could see by his sighs it wasn't easy to be the point man for spinning for Trump this week. When he said 'Well, the speech was less scary when he delivered it" and Rachel said, "I thought it was the other way around", he immediately perked up and said "Yes! I know!" before dejectedly returning to his talking point, "Well, when you felt the energy in the hall...." Poor guy. There's no way he's voting for Trump. I really think he just wants to come clean and say it.

I predict Chris will have three anti-Hillary themes this week: (1) that she and Bernie haven't really patched things up; (2) that Bernie's position on trade is a lot closer to Trump's (it isn't--no 35% tariffs, etc.); and (3) that even with Kaine, Hillary has a "problem" attracting white male voters (at which point he can remind us about his father, a working class Philly Republican and apparently the ongoing archetype for every white working class man in America). 

Edited by Padma
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, jjj said:

I was confused by the reporting over the weekend from Independence Mall; I guess they set up there over the weekend, but the actual convention is miles away, the most southern part of South Philadelphia. 

They've been doing a bunch of stuff in and around the National Constitution Center over the weekend, and the Wells Fargo is still a WIP so I think that's why a bunch of press are set up on Independence Mall (plus bonus historical backdrops). Daytime public events are at the Convention Center, so there'll be split locations for the whole week. 

Also: Chris Matthews thinks yelling into a microphone constantly makes him from Philly. It does not. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Rick Kitchen said:

What is WIP?

I'm guessing "work-in-progress"!

59 minutes ago, jenrising said:

They've been doing a bunch of stuff in and around the National Constitution Center over the weekend, and the Wells Fargo is still a WIP so I think that's why a bunch of press are set up on Independence Mall (plus bonus historical backdrops). Daytime public events are at the Convention Center, so there'll be split locations for the whole week. 

Also: Chris Matthews thinks yelling into a microphone constantly makes him from Philly. It does not. 

Bonus points for both comments.  Glad for the more historical buildings in the background!

• Love 3
17 hours ago, pennben said:

MSNBC has some good reporters with Chris Jansing, Hallie Jackson & Kasie Hunt. The sage of Capitol Hill, Luke Russert resigned under mysterious circumstances. Rachel is good, but BriWi makes me cringe. It's so bad that Tom Brokaw has to step in and offer analysis after recovering from cancer. BriWi is a dog lover & I loved his dog segments on NBC Nightly News. I think BriWi should resign from MSNBC & become full time host of the annual Dog Show that airs on CNBC.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, oakville said:

I think BriWi should resign from MSNBC & become full time host of the annual Dog Show that airs on CNBC.

Those poor dogs don't deserve that! (I wouldn't be able to believe a word he says.

Luke posted a photo of himself on a beach - perhaps Nantucket, where his family have a home - with a shark. Dude bro!

• Love 2
(edited)

I think BriWi should resign from MSNBC & become full time host of the annual Dog Show that airs on CNBC.

This is probably the only genuine redemption arc left to him.  At least maybe us dog lovers could stop hating him seeing his love of dogs (I'm assuming he actually cares, and wouldn't be dryly dissing the dogs that seem inferior to whatever he has at home).

Edited by Padma
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, represent said:

MSNBC you need to move your coverage indoors like CNN because I can't hear a damn thing.

And also because Chris Hayes is just wilting.  I am guessing they spritz him and put fans on him during the breaks; they certainly comb back the tendrils of hair that come loose during the segments. 

• Love 1

I wonder why they don't set up fans or something. They could easily build a temporary enclosure for the anchors. Come on MSNBC, stop being so cheap! 

I see that tonight they canceled the prison cell block of programming. My guide said that there would be a night of live programming (The Place for Politics) Chris Hayes announced that a special edition of Hardball with Bill Maher was coming on. It was a repeat. I don't know how I missed it the first time, 

• On 7/23/2016 at 6:06 PM, NewDigs said:

^^^ Chris Matthews?

I'm not as familiar with his past history. 

Yes.  Another lost skirmish in my battle with spellcheck.  Not sure why Williams is acceptable but Matthews I have to double check.  Shit Willliams is even showing up in my spellcheck.

I think if they still do a farm report somewhere, that is where Williams deserves to go.  He can tell tale tales about how he once saw corn higher than three feet before the 4th of July.

I think

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Padma said:

I did feel sorry for Michael Steele, though. You could see by his sighs it wasn't easy to be the point man for spinning for Trump this week

I don't really feel sorry for the man, but he was clearly a defeated person desperately trying to fake some enthusiasm for Trump.

One thing I found interesting about last week was the institutional bias that affects the reporting on Trump. There's still talk about "looking more Presidential", "pivoting to the middle", "establishing a traditional campaign staff" because that's the way things are done. But none of Trump's actions indicate he will do any of that.

5 hours ago, oakville said:

The sage of Capitol Hill, Luke Russert resigned under mysterious circumstances.

I didn't know about this! 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, xaxat said:

Luke Russert:  I didn't know about this! 

There are links above; it happened suddenly in the middle of the week before the RNC.  You can see the speculation above!  No background reveals in the press yet; I suspect there will be at some point, given the dislike of his ascendency at MSNBC in Washington DC.

• Love 1

Wow, Al Franken.  They should just bring him out between speakers to keep this mood going.  "As of Friday, we have 102 days...I know many of you have jobs, many of you have families.  Forget about them.  Your kids will be fine."

If you did not hear the entire 5-minute speech, find it.  Fantastic snark.

• Love 3
(edited)

Man.  How embarrassing.  They're shouting Bernie!! Bernie!! while Sarah Silverman (Sanders supporter) & Al Franken (Clinton supporter) were up on stage trying a sort of comedy routine--which fell flat IMO.  Paul Simon to the rescue singing Bridge Over Troubled Water and sounding terrible, bless his heart.  I'm turning to the Bachelorette.  

ETA:  Sarah Silverman saying "you're ridiculous!" to the Bernie supporters made matters much, much worse.  Stupid cow.

Edited by Ohwell
(edited)

That would be great to have Franken like an Oscar host, there tying it all together.

I was caught up in the moment with Paul Simon (and glad not to be a commentator with them coming back to me blubbering after he sang), but Brian quickly broke the spell, coolly talking about Simon's new album and evaluating Sarah Silverman's career. (Not sure if Gene was choked up, too, but I like to think so).  Simon never sang like Garfunkle, but I enjoyed his jazzier version at 74 and it was a great moment. I also loved Sarah's rebuke the to Bernie or Bust people because...yeah. Enjoy President Trump, diehards.  (And maybe--just maybe--the anti-Hillary people could try to think about how much more power Bernie would have with Hillary in the White House--and bringing in a Senate majority which would get Bernie a powerful position heading the committee of his choice. Think ahead, people! STop being not just poor losers--especially when you've actually accomplished so much--but incredibly short sighted. There's only 105 days to go! It's not the time for this.)      

Where does the video come from? Is it a pool edit or MSNBC?  Because I'm tired of hearing tons of cheers for the speaker and the edit goes from the speaker on stage to a closeup on someone in the audience looking serious and bored.

At least Chris has been better today interviewing on the floor (very sweet with Nancy Pelosi actually, for a change), but Brian just has to be "in charge" and keeping everyone else clearly subordinate. I guess even last week's low ratings won't get the higher-ups to get rid of him.  And CNN with Scottie Hughes is no better. (At least there's C-Span whenever Nicole and BriWi start to chime in again)l

Edited by Padma
  • Love 9
17 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Man.  How embarrassing.  They're shouting Bernie!! Bernie!! while Sarah Silverman (Sanders supporter) & Al Franken (Clinton supporter) were up on stage trying a sort of comedy routine--which fell flat IMO.  Paul Simon to the rescue singing Bridge Over Troubled Water and sounding terrible, bless his heart.  I'm turning to the Bachelorette.  

ETA:  Sarah Silverman saying "you're ridiculous!" to the Bernie supporters made matters much, much worse.  Stupid cow.

I thought she said the "Bernie or bust" people were ridiculous, which is a definite distinction, IMO.

• Love 18
18 minutes ago, KFC said:

I thought she said the "Bernie or bust" people were ridiculous, which is a definite distinction, IMO.

That's probably who she was referring to but, still, telling people "you're ridiculous!" is still insulting to them.  No wonder they kept shouting, because telling someone that just makes matters worse.   She is a stupid cow.

(edited)

To be clear (and maybe it is clear to everyone here), Al and Sarah were being told after her prepared remarks that they had to s-t-r-e-t-c-h their time on stage while waiting for the next speaker (which was the Paul Simon performance).  I'm assuming the instruments/equipment were being set up.  Agree that the message to the "Bernie-or-Bust" crowd was ill-advised, although I agree with it.  David Axelrod tweeted, "and everything was going so well." 

I was so disappointed when Chris Hayes signed off before the evening events started -- he would be such a great addition to this panel.

ETA:  I am loving the Bill Clinton reaction shots.   And Mrs. Obama is really delivering what is needed. Rachel Maddow:  "I feel pity for the speakers who will be following her, not just for the speech, but for the rapture that greeted it."

47 minutes ago, Padma said:

Where does the video come from? Is it a pool edit or MSNBC?  Because I'm tired of hearing tons of cheers for the speaker and the edit goes from the speaker on stage to a closeup on someone in the audience looking serious and bored.

The networks have their own cameras and producers for visual shots.

Edited by jjj
  • Love 5

The Bernie or Bust people have been booing all day, for hours, every time someone mentioned Hillary--including booing Bernie himself this morning for saying everyone needed to work together to defeat Trump. Maybe Sarah's impatience was ill-advised as jjj says, but in a way, after hours of that, it was overdue. I've seen a lot of conventions and usually am on the side of the loser, and have never seen anyone who lost who has made the impact that Sanders did--in changing the platform, changing the rules, and getting as much respect and (with final speaking slot tonight) honor.

He'll be one of the biggest beneficiaries of a Clinton presidency, particularly if she can eke out a Senate majority. These Bernie or Bust people absolutely aren't helping with that. I was glad to hear Sarah rebuke them as a Bernie supporter herself. I really don't understand what they're trying to accomplish (and no matter how much MSNBC focuses on the dissent, they haven't explained the goal of it either).

• Love 15
14 minutes ago, jjj said:

To be clear (and maybe it is clear to everyone here), Al and Sarah were being told after her prepared remarks that they had to s-t-r-e-t-c-h their time on stage while waiting for the next speaker (which was the Paul Simon performance).  I'm assuming the instruments/equipment were being set up.  Agree that the message to the "Bernie-or-Bust" crowd was ill-advised, although I agree with it.  David Axelrod tweeted, "and everything was going so well." 

Yes, it's true they were supposed to stretch it out until Paul Simon cam on.  However, I just think it was Sarah Silverman being Sarah Silverman.

• Love 1
(edited)

Chris Matthews thinks Al Franken's humor may be "too sophisticated for some". 

Brian:  "I believe people think TPP is a product of Charmin."  (Thank you from the minuscule intelligence of the audience.)

Steve Schmidt: "Michelle Obama gave a speech for the ages. Maybe we will see it at the next Republican convention."

Edited by jjj
  • Love 6
(edited)

MSNBC is doing an extended end-of-first-day sit-down discussion with Al Franken on the floor of the convention center.  He made a great point that Trump does not care about facts ("He said he sent investigators to Hawaii to look for the Obama birth certificate, and he didn't send *anyone* to Hawaii," etc.), and he looked at the reporters sitting around him and said, "YOU need to make facts matter in this campaign." 

Brian:  "We should note that about two-thirds of that conversation sounded like it was being said into a tube of Bounty."  First, I could hear them fine, Brian, and second, two paper product mentions in one evening?  Are you getting a case of paper towels from Proctor & Gamble? (which manufactures both Charmin and Bounty) 

Edited by jjj
  • Love 3

Silverman didn't say "you are ridiculous", she said "you are being ridiculous". There is a difference.  

I will admit it strikes me as peculiar to want Trump in power because you didn't get your way.  Talk about shooting yourself in the foot for spite.

I find Brian Williams repellent these days. And he always looks like he really wants to be somewhere else.

• Love 16
(edited)
2 hours ago, jjj said:

Steve Schmidt: "Michelle Obama gave a speech for the ages. Maybe we will see it at the next Republican convention."

I had to go to CSPAN so I missed their post-mortem. But reading this, I appreciated a laugh. (Unlike Wms and his TPP comment/insult.)  I wish no one had mentioned Hayes being there. That would be such a great team--Hayes, Rachel, Gene, Schmidt, the floor people. (No, not Soberoff. That was who I turned off because right after Bernie's exciting speech, he had pre-screened and went to interview someone who didn't believe Bernie really wanted her to support Hillary--and had no intention of doing it either. That was pretty predictable. Every time I've seen this guy he's talking to someone who hates Hillary and/or supports Trump. He probably thinks we don't know he's talked to them already before asking them to go on camera, choosing accordingly. Why is he even there? He's a videographer of sorts, but no journalist. And so obnoxious.Like Wms, he detracts from the quality of what -could- be MSNBC.).

Just saw the Franken interview. He talked about the 90% BS supporters who would be voting for Hillary. Of course, Jacob Hipster Doofus looked smug and mentioned that ONE woman from the CA delegation he had spoken to earlier. Franken said slyly, "Where again?" and JS said, less cocky, more sheepish, "California". Franken smiled. "Yeah. I'm not worried about her."  I'm sorry they keep prominently featuring Jacob as the lone man in the  photo ads of their "Road Warriors" (eyeroll).

Edited by Padma
  • Love 4
(edited)

I read tons of tweets about Sarah Silverman and I've seen tons of commentary.

And the only negative reaction to it that I've seen was on this thread. Everybody else seemed to think it was something that needed to be done, and done earlier.

Fun fact: Sarah Silverman and Al Franken were on SNL at the same time (despite their 19-year age difference).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturday_Night_Live_(season_19)#Cast

EDIT: You all will enjoy this:

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/msnbc-jacob-soboroff-campaign-2016-1201822451/

QXMUHNc.png

Edited by nowandlater
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 7/24/2016 at 9:39 PM, Queena said:

I wonder why they don't set up fans or something. They could easily build a temporary enclosure for the anchors. Come on MSNBC, stop being so cheap! 

I see that tonight they canceled the prison cell block of programming. My guide said that there would be a night of live programming (The Place for Politics) Chris Hayes announced that a special edition of Hardball with Bill Maher was coming on. It was a repeat. I don't know how I missed it the first time, 

Poor Chris H, he doesn't do well in the heat - his t-shirts were always soaked through in his Ferguson coverage.

11 hours ago, jjj said:

Wow, Al Franken.  They should just bring him out between speakers to keep this mood going.  "As of Friday, we have 102 days...I know many of you have jobs, many of you have families.  Forget about them.  Your kids will be fine."

If you did not hear the entire 5-minute speech, find it.  Fantastic snark.

Senator Al cribbed from his Hillary stump speech about the kids being all right - if you get a chance, go look around on the AFTA 2016 Convention site from last week for the speeches, Franken, Klobuchar, Ellison and Hillary's speeches are all well worth a watch.

9 hours ago, jjj said:

Best line of the night, and of course Joe Scarbourough cribbed from it this morning.  Barf.

I had to flip to C-Span last night, it's not even the mostly shitty commentary that any of the networks do, these are my peeps and I don't want to hear talking heads yammering over them.  I did enjoy the post coverage on MSNBC after the convention was gaveled out for the night.

The booing on the floor over some of the icons of the Democratic party was shitty and rude, and I bet half of the BoBs didn't even know who they were booing or what those people have fought for and accomplished in their best interest.  It was beyond disrespectful and I for one think think that Sarah Silverman was spot on.  Booing Marcia Fudge and Elijah Cummings was despicable.

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 17

The only problem with Steve Schmidt (and Joe parroting) that, was I got terrified thinking that Mrs. Mail Order Bride would be plagiarizing the speech after being introduced as First Lady.......

OMG what a nightmare.

• Love 4

It has taken me hours to remove multiple  quote boxes that I didn't want! Whew! 

Another zinger last night.... Rachel Maddow after Corey Booker's semi long speech... 'the last page of that speech was amazing!'. I don't know why that made me laugh out loud, but it really did. 

MSNBC really went out of it's way to find Bernie Bro's, and they found the most rabid of the rabid. Who gets a tattoo of a politician,  other than that crazy guy who got Mitt Romney tattooed on his face in '08?

Count me among those who isn't mad at Sarah Silverman. Someone had to say it. The disrespect was heartbreaking. 

• Love 15
On 7/24/2016 at 9:14 PM, jjj said:

There are links above; it happened suddenly in the middle of the week before the RNC.  You can see the speculation above!  No background reveals in the press yet; I suspect there will be at some point, given the dislike of his ascendency at MSNBC in Washington DC.

It really isn't much of a story.  He always felt he was thrust into the limelight after his father's death and he was being called to speak so much right afterwards and it morphed into a position at MSNBC.  It was never his intent to follow in his father's footsteps.  He left to go pursue the things he'd always wanted to do, travel, and felt bowing out right before the convention was the best time.  I read an article on this and did not get the sense that there was any deeper underlying story or gossip around it.  I think it was pretty much known that there were some who were rankled by his ascension, and he had always been up front that he never intended to go into politics/journalism.

57 minutes ago, DkNNy79 said:

Totally agree!

I'm on board as well.  She did say, as someone mentioned upthread that they were being ridiculous.  For heaven's sake, they were boo'ing their own guy, Bernie.  You wanna boo and hiss?  Fine.  Just let people speak and go forth afterwards.  It is disrespectful.  My husband calls them Bernie Bots because they are rabid on Twitter and just will not back down.  Even Bernie and his campaign manager were out saying yesterday (a billion times it seems) that they did not lose this nomination due to DNC fraud or anything else...they lost it because they did not carry the Black and Latino voters (somewhere around 1%).  He just did not get the votes he needed.  I heard someone on the panels (or maybe it was CNN) commenting that it really was not a large population who was disenchanted...it was a small group who were very loud, and sound acoustics were carrying loudly in that arena hall.  I'm sure some will disagree with me here, and that's okay, but they need to let it go already.  I suspect the delegate counts tonight will be ugly. 

• Love 5

I heard that the TV studios for all the networks were situated near the CA delegation hence the intense booing we could hear. That was a complete misstep on all their parts.

Also, the disrespect the delegates were showing to the speakers was deplorable. Do they even know that Sarah Silverman almost died three weeks ago? How about the way they treated Anastasia Samoza the woman in the wheelchair not to mention Fudge or Cummings.

• Love 6

I don't care if Sarah Silverman was sick three weeks ago, or almost died.  Obviously, she's still alive and anyway, that's beside the point. It's not up to her to decide who's being "ridiculous."  Even though she said she's a Sanders supporter, I doubt seriously that she was knocking on doors and making phone calls and basically working her butt off for Sanders, like the delegates did.  So I don't begrudge them for letting off steam, knowing this was their last gasp before the crowning of HRC.

As for BriWi just reporting it as truth.....he is one dumb fuck.

Holy shit. Who knew it would be Brian "Can I host the Tonight Show now?" Williams would be the person who forced me off MSNBC for good? Even Luke the Lesser Russert couldn't do that -- and luckily, his dumb ass is gone. Honestly, there is not one bit of history or knowledge that come out of his mouth -- it's all anecdotal nonsense. I purposely didn't watch coverage of the DNC on MSNBC last night because I refused to suffer one more second with him and chose C-SPAN instead. What a world of difference! 

I loathe the tough over cooked stale roll crap that is Pat's steaks.  If in Philly, find the Italian Market at 9th and simply walk around and check out the local eateries.  Tons of really good cheesesteaks that come with proper provolone, fresh shredded lettuce and sliced tomato or excellent sauteed peppers and onions.

Back when I ate meat, I much preferred Geno's (until the owner outed himself as a racist piece of shit) or Jim's Steaks on South Street. Never liked Pat's and I never liked Whiz on my cheesesteak -- only my fries.

Dear MSNBC, even though it is "BREAKING NEWS," I did not need to have you interview Anthony Weiner about the Clintons, nor hear him say Trump is "pissing on the FBI" -- using a word I thought was not allowed on the networks (especially middle of the day), but I am probably thinking of older rules.  Stay classy, guys. 

• Love 2