Type keyword(s) to search

MSNBC: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Vaulted)

43 minutes ago, NextIteration said:

BriWi is getting slaughtered on twitter for his commentary this afternoon.  I'm afraid to link or quote, you'll have to google.

That didn't work, so I'm trying to imagine lots of negatives. I was enjoying Thomas Rob erts' coverage--even Andrea Mitchell had something useful to say on the subject of the email precedent--until then BriWi showed up. Did he bump Snow this time? I lose track. Having Hewitt there immediately after the rally was just...gross..At least Giuliani's criticism made sense (assuming he was being truthful). You know exactly what Hewitt is going to say ahead of time and then you have to watch him say it. There's something about his look that is such a total turn off.

But, in his defense (kind of) I'll say that BriWi is the one who introduced him (overly effusively as always) .then said, "there's so much going on today. Let's talk about the FBI report."

Halperin and Heilmann ended their show with "clips of Obama's faces" at the rally and they put captions on them like--"Did I leave the stove on?" when he looked bored and another bored "I think its the stove on" then a third with "Yes, definitely the stove was on."  Heilmann thought they were so clever--forget the actual emotion at that rally.

It did remind me how I really like the way Hillary listens to people praising her at these rallies. Last time it was Warren and this time, all through Obama's speech, she never once had a "Did I leave the stove on?" face. She is always listening, engaged, smiling or laughing or serious or nodding--always appropriate--and has gotten much much better at giving speeches that connect and don't seem wooden. I wish they'd bring on someone who knows something about it and talk about whether or not she's got a new speech coach. Patty Solis Doyle was on today, but they just asked her about the FBI etc.  Maybe it's too "inside baseball" for MSNBC, but I'm really curious how she's been changed. (Actually, I'd rather they have on someone to analyze the rhetoric and speaking style rather than another partisan hack to say the predictable "good/bad" stuff).   

• Love 2

I really thought I mis-heard Brian Williams, but apparently he actually said what I did hear:  first he said someone in the audience yelled "Preach!" at the President, which was fine to report, but then BriWi said that the President started preaching like Richard Pryor.  I don't know if Richard Pryor has a "preach" style, but there are so many other examples of "preaching" style from actual preachers.  BUT, but, I did not even hear any kind of "preaching" style from the President, which was what baffled me.  So glad the Twitterverse caught this, also. 

1 hour ago, Padma said:

It did remind me how I really like the way Hillary listens to people praising her at these rallies. Last time it was Warren and this time, all through Obama's speech, she never once had a "Did I leave the stove on?" face. She is always listening, engaged, smiling or laughing or serious or nodding--always appropriate

I really do appreciate that she seems to be enjoying the speeches about her -- it is a hard call whether to sit very still, or nod along with "yeah, I *am* really a great choice!"  When you have energized, charismatic speakers like Warren and the President, it looks so much better to look like you are part of their enthusiasm!  (No fist pumps, not that she would!)

6 hours ago, jjj said:

I really thought I mis-heard Brian Williams, but apparently he actually said what I did hear:  first he said someone in the audience yelled "Preach!" at the President, which was fine to report, but then BriWi said that the President started preaching like Richard Pryor.  I don't know if Richard Pryor has a "preach" style, but there are so many other examples of "preaching" style from actual preachers.  BUT, but, I did not even hear any kind of "preaching" style from the President, which was what baffled me.  So glad the Twitterverse caught this, also. 

I

Me, too! I heard Wms  say it, but didn't understand and turned it off pretty soon afterwards because Hugh Hewitt came on. #1 A few audience members would call back to him from time to time, but I didn't hear Obama get into any kind of preaching mode so that was weird of BriWi. and #2 I'm not familiar enough with Pryor to even know what he was alluding to. And #3, yes, why compare him to Pryor if you're talking about preaching? It was very weird. https://www.yahoo.com/tv/brian-williams-sparks-outcry-saying-obama-used-richard-232635428.html

So, yes, thank you, Twitterverse for not letting things that appear racist (to me, too, frankly, or at least rude and disrespectful--and untrue) just come and go un-debated!  Plus, since its Brian Williams, doing his "I'm bumping the regular people because it's a special event and I'M the one who covers ALL special events!!!!" thing, it's GREAT imo to see him get some blowback for being unprofessional.  If Thomas Roberts or Kate Snow had been allowed to continue in that time period, I have no doubt that neither would have embarrassed themselves or MSNBC like Brian did with that comment.  He should be demoted further, imo, to a secondary role where someone else anchors and occasionally asks him what he thinks.

• Love 2
(edited)

Holy, freaking cow, President Obama just made a statement on troops in Afghanistan, and Brian Williams came on right after, saying, "That was President Reagan in the White House, talking about Afghanistan."

He just came back on a few minutes later to say he was reading President Reagan's name -- WTF?  And he did not apologize, just said, "That was President Obama."  Yes, *we* knew that. 

Edited by jjj
19 minutes ago, jjj said:

Holy, freaking cow, President Obama just made a statement on troops in Afghanistan, and Brian Williams came on right after, saying, "That was President Reagan in the White House, talking about Afghanistan."

He just came back on a few minutes later to say he was reading President Reagan's name -- WTF?  And he did not apologize, just said, "That was President Obama."  Yes, *we* knew that. 

This, plus yesterday's Richard Pryor remark, combined with the original falsehoods that got him sent to Siberia, are coming together to form an armchair diagnosis in my head. I'm gonna go ahead and say that underneath the preening exterior he feels deeply unworthy, and is crying out for permanent exile that will confirm his worst fears about himself.

That'll be 25¢.

• Love 9
43 minutes ago, Milburn Stone said:

This, plus yesterday's Richard Pryor remark, combined with the original falsehoods that got him sent to Siberia, are coming together to form an armchair diagnosis in my head. I'm gonna go ahead and say that underneath the preening exterior he feels deeply unworthy, and is crying out for permanent exile that will confirm his worst fears about himself.

That'll be 25¢.

^^^^  Totally agree!!! ^^^^

On 6/30/2016 at 11:42 AM, xaxat said:

Brian Williams really is the William Hurt character from Broadcast News.

23 hours ago, jjj said:

He just came back on a few minutes later to say he was reading President Reagan's name -- WTF?

Yet more evidence.

• Love 2
(edited)

So Ari Melber just reported that the shooting victim, Philando Castile, in Minnesota had 32 traffic violations (driving without insurance, speeding tickets, etc.) since 2002.

So what?!  I HATE when the media does this.  I don't know if he was doing it on purpose, or if it's just inherent at this point, but the need to somehow justify and prove that the victim must have done something to make the officer do what he did is so frustrating.  What relevance does having 32 traffic violations over fourteen years have on what happened to him?  

Edit: Okay, so the original source of the information on Philando Castile's previous traffic violations, NBC journalist Tom Winter, is inferring on twitter that he's trying to make the point that there may be a problem with police harassment of African-Americans in this part of Minnesota and that's why Mr. Castile had so many violations.  Ari Melber certainly didn't provide that context or any analysis.  He just threw it out there.  I still don't really see the relevance to what happened to him though.  I guess it can relate to WHY he was pulled over in the first place . . . 

Edited by KBrownie
  • Love 9
(edited)

The fucking StarTribune dragged that up before his body was cold.

I can't believe this is our second one of these locally in the last seven months.

Edited by NextIteration
I'm really, really upset about this.
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, KBrownie said:

So Ari Melber just reported that the shooting victim, Philando Castile, in Minnesota had 32 traffic violations (driving without insurance, speeding tickets, etc.) since 2002.

So what?!  I HATE when the media does this.  I don't know if he was doing it on purpose, or if it's just inherent at this point, but the need to somehow justify and prove that the victim must have done something to make the officer do what he did is so frustrating.  What relevance does having 32 traffic violations over fourteen years have on what happened to him?  

Edit: Okay, so the original source of the information on Philando Castile's previous traffic violations, NBC journalist Tom Winter, is inferring on twitter that he's trying to make the point that there may be a problem with police harassment of African-Americans in this part of Minnesota and that's why Mr. Castile had so many violations.  Ari Melber certainly didn't provide that context or any analysis.  He just threw it out there.  I still don't really see the relevance to what happened to him though.  I guess it can relate to WHY he was pulled over in the first place . . . 

I heard Melber say that and it seemed like a complete non-sequitur.  I didn't hear what they were for, but that's a LOT. I was wondering if it was parking or speeding...or what?  I didn't hear anyone explain it, so it left some kind of impression like Castile was somehow a bad driver or irresponsible, reckless person, or that he'd somehow attracted police attention because of it.  But then you still always come back to....why was an unarmed man shot to death for no apparent reason?  I didn't think Ari did a very good job with that and neither did anyone else.

The explanation you have above from Tom Winter DOES tie it together with the idea the 32 citations may be bad driving OR may be police harassment. So, put that way, one is withholding judgment until more facts are known.

Which is what journalists are supposed to encourage us to do.  I think that was very poorly done on MSNBC this afternoon. Hopefully later shows will correct it.

• Love 4

Oh FFS they had BriWi drive back into the city to anchor the live coverage of the Dallas Shootings. I feel so bad for everyone down there in TX.

• Love 2
On 2016-06-29 at 10:32 AM, jjj said:

That is it, in a nutshell! There must be a button someplace that has that label written above it:  "Press here to defrost BriWi to sit like a pompous boob and mansplain what's going on."

Well. This just happened.

• Love 1

BriWi is trending on Twitter, I was watching CNN and Don Lemon's sniffling and sucking in snot all night (gross) and just turned to MSNBC. Says "live", hard to believe because they never seem to be live past 8:00pm EST.

(edited)

Yes, MSNBC is live right now -- Brian said he was listening to coverage on Sirius in the car on the way to the studio.  He sounded tired from the moment he showed up -- and I started changing stations because he kept discussing what a shame this was for Dallas after spending so many years trying to cast aside the shadow of the JFK assassination.  It was remarkable, how often he kept referring to 1963.

These past three days have been different tragedies, but related tragedies, and it just seems that major news (*news*) channels would be better equipped to talk about the heightened awareness of bias, fear, and heritage of fraught race relations that is being brought into focus by the overwhelming impact of visual and audio evidence that has hardly ever existed in the past.   Please, MSNBC, find an anchor who does not need to tether himself to a traumatic incident in 1963.  There is current context for these terrible events.

ETA:  He just again started a sentence with "Perhaps with the history of the assassination of President Kennedy..." and then started talking about radio transmissions during his reporting in Iraq.  He never finished the sentence, and it had nothing to do with what he was talking about. Yes, he is getting slammed on Twitter.

Edited by jjj
  • Love 7
40 minutes ago, nowandlater said:

So, here are our options:

1. Brian Williams and his constant references to JFK.

2. Don Lemon on CNN.

3. Fox News.

Dang.

Other than noting that Fox is not an option for me ever, I just came here to post the same disappointing news about the option for those of us trying to catch up on this mess late this evening. Honestly, these networks have to get better.

• Love 5

Again, top of the hour, Brian Williams:  "It's unbelievable that violence is taking place again, so close to Dealey Plaza." 

There must be writers available to provide other points of view on this for his on-air comments. 

Someone else will have to take over by morning. 

• Love 4
(edited)
9 minutes ago, nowandlater said:

Oh, Jesus. I took a one-hour break and Williams had toned down the JFK. Now I'm back, and he's going full force on the JFK.

Yes, one of the tweets said if everyone took a drink every time Brian said JFK or Dealey Plaza, we would all be passed out.  It is true. 

They brought in a female reporter to do some of the coverage, and she is doing so much better.  I think she hosts one of the weekend morning MSNBC shows, can't think of her name. (Chris Jansing, just looked her up.  Very calm and acting like a reporter, not doing stream of consciousness.)

Edited by jjj
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, nowandlater said:

Oh, Jesus. I took a one-hour break and Williams had toned down the JFK. Now I'm back, and he's going full force on the JFK.

I missed it - did he tell the story about being a cub reporter getting assigned to cover JFK's trip to Dallas, and seeing the second shooter on the grassy knoll?

• Love 3

Uh, yeah, OK, we had an immediate change of channel when BriWi took over. I mean, come on. "OK, children, never fear, I'm here now. I'm all briefed from listening to the RADIO" (WTF? Well, I've been listening to the coverage too, you dork, does that mean I can get behind the desk?). "And, so, the REAL angle here is JFK! Nobody else has this angle! Don't worry your silly little heads about a shooter at large or yet more stories of racial and gun violence. That's not the point, all right? Sit at my knee and I'll tell you the real tragedy."

Oh my god, I can't even...

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, potatoradio said:

Uh, yeah, OK, we had an immediate change of channel when BriWi took over. I mean, come on. "OK, children, never fear, I'm here now. I'm all briefed from listening to the RADIO" (WTF? Well, I've been listening to the coverage too, you dork, does that mean I can get behind the desk?). "And, so, the REAL angle here is JFK! Nobody else has this angle! Don't worry your silly little heads about a shooter at large or yet more stories of racial and gun violence. That's not the point, all right? Sit at my knee and I'll tell you the real tragedy."

Oh my god, I can't even...

I think, if I recall correctly, that he said he was at some kind of (awards?) banquet in New Jersey when he was called in. I just recalled it being kind of weird that instead of diving head-first into the news, he took time to tell us about where he's been and how he got caught up on the radio on the way in.

Wanted to get an update this morning. I think Thomas Roberts does a very good job generally, but MSNBC just didn't seem to have much information, or be interviewing anyone who did. I tried CNN which was slightly better, but only for a few minute. (Tried Fox and immediately realized that was a mistake).

Back to MSNBC and so disappointed to see Brian Williams had arrived, rambling on and on. Honestly, if he were newcomer "Brian Smith" no one would be putting him behind an anchor desk.  And bringing up JFK? Really? Yes, "Dallas" still means "JFK assassination" to a generation, but that connection couldn't possibly be more irrelevant than it is today.  I was more interested with CNN talking about how the Dallas police have changed in the last decade to become a model of community policing (and, of course,back in the JFK days, not only were they filled with many white racists, they were also among the most corrupt departments in the country). 

Williams really offers no value as an anchor or interviewer. Also, from the way he talks, I think he believes the MSNBC audience is kind of dumb.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Padma said:

Williams really offers no value as an anchor or interviewer. Also, from the way he talks, I think he believes the MSNBC audience is kind of dumb.

Word to this.  Last night, when he first came on, and every channel was showing the (apparently wrong) photograph of a man carrying a weapon on the street, Brian Williams said to someone off-camera, "Maybe you could explain what open carry means to our viewers who do not live in open-carry states."  Duh, yes, Brian, because you have to live on one of those states to know what it means. 

He tried to get a Dallas Morning News writer to talk about the JFK assassination, and it was clear that the reporter had not even been born then (said he had a 12-year-old son), and the reporter just went on to the current situation in Dallas.

Here is some context:  it has been 53 years since the terrible assassination of JFK.  In 1963, no one talked incessantly about JFK's motorcade in relation to the assassination *49* years earlier of Archduke Ferdinand in a motorcade, precipitating WWI -- because the time between 1914 and 1963 was so vast.  But not as vast as the time between 1963 and 2016.  I think Brian does not realize how long ago 53 years is; that day in 1963 was a massive historical event, as was the event in 1914. 

Edited by jjj
  • Love 12
(edited)

Aiyeee, do not bring Ghouliani on to talk about any of this week's events.  He immediately tried to reduce and deflect on the numbers of black men killed by cops.  And also Ghouliani fuck you, Philando Castile did everything correctly and he was murdered in front of his fiance's four year old and then they arrested Diamond and held her without her baby until 5:00 am.  And don't you fucking dare quote bullshit about teenage black kids being the most likely to shoot  you - no it's god damned family members because of the ridiculous proliferation of guns.

I noticed that NRA came out immediately this morning about Dallas but there was dead silence when two black men with concealed carry permits were murdered in cold blood.

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Mumbles said:

Here's an article discussing what a disaster Williams has been on the Dallas shootings:

http://www.mediaite.com/online/brian-williams-upset-a-lot-of-people-with-his-sensational-coverage-of-dallas/

I have never watched Chris Jansing's show but her appearances and news pieces on Morning Joe are thoughtful and informative.

Did that article mean it's the 3rd time he's been on NBC? I ask because it seems like he's been on MSNBC more then 3 times. 

I was so pissed when I flipped to MSNBC during a commercial break and saw Ghouliani on my screen. 

• Love 1

Yeah they must be referring to NBC.

Ghouliani has no business being on TV. He hasn't held office for 15+ years and has nothing interesting to offer except some sort of perverted 9-11 nostalgia. Ugh. Just look at his buddy Bernard Kerik - that's the man Giuliani thought was a good police chief.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Jaded said:

I have never watched Chris Jansing's show but her appearances and news pieces on Morning Joe are thoughtful and informative.

Local newscaster who made good! She was in my market from the early '80s (on NBC affiliate WNYT) through around the late '90s, when she went national. Except she went by Chris Kapostasy here. I'm guessing she is now using her married name, which is less than a mouthful!

Found an actual clip from her days there...

• Love 5
(edited)

Yes, that's her!  She provided great balance when she was added to the coverage around 3:00 AM ET, and took over completely around 4:00 AM ET.  Asked thoughtful questions, and also told us about getting caught up in a protest on her way home from work in Manhattan that day, joined by other office workers in their suits and heels who felt compelled to make a statement by joining the protest walk in New York City.  As she said, it was a hot day to be walking in office clothes, but she talked to people who felt they had to do this.  And of course she did not know she would be called back to the studio in a few hours. But talking about the protest walk in NYC brought attention back to all the terrible events in the past week. 

46 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Local newscaster who made good! She was in my market from the early '80s (on NBC affiliate WNYT) through around the late '90s, when she went national. Except she went by Chris Kapostasy here. I'm guessing she is now using her married name, which is less than a mouthful!

Edited by jjj
  • Love 2

Another big Chris Jansing fan here. Wish they'd give her more time. I can think of several that would be great to replace. (Imagine Jansing and Roberts on Morning Joe?)

I had just turned to MSNBC, saw with disappointment it was still BW, and then he announced the next guest--Giuliani. I started to turn off, then wondered if he could really spout his racist b.s. on a week like this.  I was actually intrigued (and of course disgusted) the way he eased himself into it. First, he gave a sentence or two of lip service to "making sure there are no abuses of police power and doing whatever we can to prevent that".  Then...he got where he wanted, talking about the need to educate "black families especially black children" that the police are not their enemies, and to get more support for their work within the community. Then blabbering on about how, of course there are more incidents of police killing black men because "most of the crime is happening in African American communities so naturally that's where most of the police are, and when things happen, statistically, it's going to more often affect blacks than whites because they contribute to more crimes."

Bingo! He got there. I couldn't stay to see what came next but since he was BW's only guest at the time, I imagine he got undeserved deference before leaving.

Later, Brian did a good summary of how the poor guy who was wrongly on FB as a "person of interest" last night and had his picture all over ACTUALLY behaved just right! (Gave his AR 15 --legally carried-- to a police officer, helped with traffic control then, realizing he was "wanted", turned himself in). So imagine my surprise when --right as they were telling this man was INNOCENT--there! They put his old FB picture up from yesterday with the rifle etc!  Wow, MSNBC, could you be any WORSE????

• Love 3

On the bright side of MSNBC, I'm always glad to watch any coverage by the UN-BriWi, Chris Hayes and today's no exception.  To me, Hayes always manages to combine empathy, sincerity, kindness, the objectivity of good journalism to keep asking good questions--and still always seem like the smartest person in the room (wherever "the room" is). To me, he's the best of the cable hosts--that includes CNN and Fox. Plus, unlike the other nighttime hosts, he's even got a very good broadcast voice!

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, Padma said:

On the bright side of MSNBC, I'm always glad to watch any coverage by the UN-BriWi, Chris Hayes and today's no exception.  To me, Hayes always manages to combine empathy, sincerity, kindness, the objectivity of good journalism to keep asking good questions--and still always seem like the smartest person in the room (wherever "the room" is). To me, he's the best of the cable hosts--that includes CNN and Fox. Plus, unlike the other nighttime hosts, he's even got a very good broadcast voice!

Completely agree, and I posted a similar thought over on the thread for his show.  He is great on the scene of events, and always provides plenty of time for answers to the questions he asks.  And he can be the smartest person in the room without broadcasting that he is the smartest person in the room -- he just shines. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, jjj said:

...and always provides plenty of time for answers to the questions he asks.  And he can be the smartest person in the room without broadcasting that he is the smartest person in the room -- he just shines. 

Great points! Unlike BW or even LOD, Hayes (who's a lot more knowledgeable, imo, than either of them--a better interviewer and fairer, too) never acts smug or like a know-it-all. He seems like someone who could know things you don't know and it would be very comfortable for everyone concerned to talk about it. As you say, he doesn't need to broadcast it, "he just shines".  (And I didn't realize All In had a thread--thought it was too niche--thanks!)

• Love 2
(edited)

Agree with all the Chris love!  Here's some info (from their tweets) on today's coverage if you're trying to avoid certain . . . personalities:

Joy Reid will be doing a special report on this week at 5pm.  Jonathan Capehart (whom I enjoy as long as he isn't anchoring) will be on with her.

Chris* is staying in Dallas to do the 6pm - 8pm block tonight.

5 hours ago, NextIteration said:

I'm a little bit bothered (putting it in this tread should maybe be in the MSNBC thread) that they have a few of their big names in Dallas and sent nobody here to the Twin Cities and didn't keep people in Baton Rouge and here.  I think Trymaine was in Baton Rouge earlier in the week.  

NEXTITERATION, I though of you when I saw his tweet because the first reply was "right, because there's no story in Baton Rouge or St. Paul."  I totally understand the sentiment, but felt kind of bad for Chris (who probably goes where the network sends him).

Edited by netlyon2
*hahaha, jjj!
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, netlyon2 said:

Christ is staying in Dallas to do the 6pm - 8pm block tonight.

Now, now -- he is great, but not walking-on-water great.  Yet.

ETA:  (I see you have corrected this!  Still worth preserving for Dr. Freud to analyze...)

Edited by jjj
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, maraleia said:

There's a reason why Chris Hayes won an Emmy and the others haven't.

True, and yet MSNBC does nothing that I can see to promote his show. Chris M. has a commercial that plays all the time. Rachel has one that talks about "why Rachel matters to America" and quotes an article calling her "the smartest person on television", which I don't get at all. I mean, she's fine (better when she doesn't repeat everything in slightly different words 3-4 times) and she's done some good stories with sustained focus (like Flint). But her interviews and comments on elections etc. are nothing special imo. (I believe they wouldn't dare pair Hayes with Brian Wm. because he'd make BriWi look both smug and dumb--not even trying to do that).

Would it hurt MSNBC to at least brand All In as their one primetime "Emmy winning show"? He is always so well prepared.

• Love 8
(edited)

Another big Chris Jansing fan here. Wish they'd give her more time. I can think of several that would be great to replace. (Imagine Jansing and Roberts on Morning Joe?)

Ditto, she's awesome IMO. I crack up at how much ground she covers not just nationally but internationally. At the White House... Chris Jansing. Paris...Chris Jansing is there. Cuba, with the President's visit, oh look... there's Chris Jansing, LOL.  Every time I look up, whether it be in this country or overseas, she's there. I love it.

This is the main reason why unfortunately for us, she wouldn't take a desk gig, I think she loves traveling.  I swear she's been pretty much sleeping at the same spot in Dallas for the entire weekend. I remember on MJ during one of the primaries, when they were filming from a bar, someone said something about her schedule and needing rest, and she snapped back, "I'll rest when I retire." Bwaah, in other words, mind your business, I'm not tired. Did I say I was tired? LOL.

She is the ultimate professional. I can't remember which primary it was, but it was at the end of the night coverage when they have all the correspondence sitting around giving their analysis, and they wanted her to give her opinion. They wanted her to rate something with regard to the candidates and I can't remember exactly what it was but IMO it had no informational value. I will never forget that she literally said when they got to her "nope I don't give opinions," I'm in the business of presenting the news. She didn't want to answer it because in her opinion, she thought it would give viewers a window into maybe her own personal politics. Good journalist aren't supposed to do that IMO. I loved it, I busted out laughing. She was like nope, I don't think so, next, move on.

True, and yet MSNBC does nothing that I can see to promote his show. 

Yeah, I've noticed this a long time ago, it is very peculiar. Do they think that because he won and Emmy he doesn't need promotion? It doesn't make sense that a network wouldn't brag about its award winning shows/hosts. Every network does it, I don't get it. We get it MSNBC you're trying to become FoxNews just about until you get to the 8-11PM time slots, but ...

They have an ad. with what they call the "pros" of this network, it features Todd, Mitchell, Matthews, Maddow and heaven help us Williams. Are they fucking insane? Williams? Why not O'Donnell at the very least. Williams just hasn't paid his dues long enough to make up for his journalistic fraud IMO.  Where the hell is their Emmy Award winner, Chris Hayes in this ad..?

You see, when we talk about bias, this is what I as a black person think. If Brian Williams was black, female, or part of any other ethnic minority group, does this network seriously want me to believe that he would be featured in an ad. with what they see as their top journalist, much less be given another chance? He got an opportunity to get back up on the horse, and that's OK, people should get second chances, but I see him as rising to the top pretty quickly without paying dues. His ass should be on the street like the "road warriors," hunting down stories, real ones, not made up ones. He should have to work his way up again before being featured in an ad. as one of their pros. come on, come on. This is bias, that's we're talking about.

Edited by represent
  • Love 4

To join the Chris Jansing love, I think what makes her valuable is that she actually DOES go out and do the work, talk to people, etc. When's the last time Brian Williams did any actual reporting? (And when he does, he makes shit up. Which frankly should have ENDED his journalism career. Full stop.)

• Love 7

They should just give BriWi his own show. Isn't the 2:30 AM slot available?

At least that way he would be more easily avoided. 

Reagan, Kennedy... Does he have something on someone?

• Love 5