Type keyword(s) to search

After Show Shenanigans: Julie and Brandy break it down

• Start Topic

Here's an After Show topic

Thanks for starting the thread!

I love this candid show.

They ask the questions and make the snarky comments just as the regular TV watcher would.

Great chemistry between themselves and great interactions with the guests.

I hope at some point they bring on the potato chip bandit.

• Love 4

I missed the first few minutes last night, was there any explanation for why Kristen was wearing sunglasses and/or WHAT WAS GOING ON WITH HER FACE?

I read she fell down or something while drunk and busted her face. I think what we see is swelling. I agree it's kinda scary looking. Hopefully there's no permanent damage.

• Love 1

I read she fell down or something while drunk and busted her face. I think what we see is swelling. I agree it's kinda scary looking. Hopefully there's no permanent damage.

She fell down drunk while getting out of am Uber and smashed her face on the bumper. She needed surgery which she recently had. Because of this her face was swollen in weird ways and she had a large shiner under her right eye that no amount of makeup could cover, hence the sunglasses. I hope there is no permanent damage to her face as well

• Love 2

Yeesh. Ok, thank you.

I want to enjoy this show, but I can't. I was cringing at the interrogation with Kristen and Jax: "Did you go down on him? Did you finger her?" I don't want to know the details, my own mental picture is bad enough!

• Love 1

James= Jax the early years.

Julie unplugged at the end was just beyond wonderful.

I feel like that's sort of an insult. Jax is a douche, but his problem has always been that he's easily infatuated and just as easily distracted. When he's telling a girl that she's the one and he can see a future with her, he 100% means it in that moment. And he finds nothing hypocritical about the fact that he will probably say the same thing to another girl 24 hours later. He has the passions of a teenager, but I really feel like they are authentic. James is a user asshole. He'll manipulate and lie. Jax is just not smart enough to be manipulative.

• Love 9

I feel like that's sort of an insult. Jax is a douche, but his problem has always been that he's easily infatuated and just as easily distracted. When he's telling a girl that she's the one and he can see a future with her, he 100% means it in that moment. And he finds nothing hypocritical about the fact that he will probably say the same thing to another girl 24 hours later. He has the passions of a teenager, but I really feel like they are authentic. James is a user asshole. He'll manipulate and lie. Jax is just not smart enough to be manipulative.

I see your point.

But they are both repugnant in their own way.

• Love 3

Bravo found real stars in Julie and Brandy...particularly Julie. I couldn't believe they were discussing the sex between James and Lauren in such detail but I loved it! No kids should be watching Vanderpump Rules or watching a cable aftershow at 11:30pm anyway so I think it's fine. I like LaLa but her famewhoredom is extreme. She knows how to play this reality show game so well. Am I the only one that thinks she looks like Charlize Theron? I want someone to give her expert makeup lessons though, she's too pretty for all of the goop she is wearing, she needs to learn how to highlight, not mask her beauty. 

James is a loathesome person but I loved his attitude on the aftershow, especially the flippant way that he insisted that he had to wear the tank top because "it's the uniform, darlin'". Very English and that's where the charm comes from. I'd like to see him when he's 10 - 15 years older...will filling out make him more or less attractive?

Jax...ugh. What do women see in him? I mean, seriously, he has a very unattractive face. A case where filling out did him no favors. I've never seen a more contrived "friendship" than the one he purports to have with Kristen this season. I can't fathom what got these two to sleep with each other, they have zero chemistry. 

Bravo found real stars in Julie and Brandy...particularly Julie. I couldn't believe they were discussing the sex between James and Lauren in such detail but I loved it! No kids should be watching Vanderpump Rules or watching a cable aftershow at 11:30pm anyway so I think it's fine. I like LaLa but her famewhoredom is extreme. She knows how to play this reality show game so well. Am I the only one that thinks she looks like Charlize Theron? I want someone to give her expert makeup lessons though, she's too pretty for all of the goop she is wearing, she needs to learn how to highlight, not mask her beauty. 

James is a loathesome person but I loved his attitude on the aftershow, especially the flippant way that he insisted that he had to wear the tank top because "it's the uniform, darlin'". Very English and that's where the charm comes from. I'd like to see him when he's 10 - 15 years older...will filling out make him more or less attractive?

Jax...ugh. What do women see in him? I mean, seriously, he has a very unattractive face. A case where filling out did him no favors. I've never seen a more contrived "friendship" than the one he purports to have with Kristen this season. I can't fathom what got these two to sleep with each other, they have zero chemistry. 

• Love 2

I do not believe the lack of pants was discussed, but Brittany actually seemed very sweet and fun--much better than Lala and James. She confirmed Jax loves stinky sweaty feet. Julie and Brandy asked her why Jax at the beginning, and by the end they were like REALLY--WHY JAX?

ITA with the hilarity of Jax's "I don't want to say Ariana is a feminist, I don't mean it negative it's just she has a lot of opinions" and Julie/Brandy's response of "NOT THAT, none of those here, oh God a feminist worst thing ever."

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 3

I thought Brittany looked like crap on the Aftershow. And not that she's fat but she looked "puffy" compared to how she looked on the actual VPR show. She seems nice but super naive, I hope Jax isn't introducing her to some of his 'hobbies'. I think she's just dumb enough for them to make a lasting couple.

• Love 1

Oh I feel like that is really the only way that they would spend any significant time together...If he introduced her to his extracurricular hobbies...we know he used to disappear from Stassi's apartment for days at a time to get high and party. I am guessing that poor naive Brittany is now knee deep in all of Jax's problems

• Love 1

If y'all aren't watching "The People's Couch", I don't know what to say. Julie & Brandy RULE!!!!

I LOVE the aftershow.  It only works 'cause the hosts.  Perfect synergy.  I think they have the same response to the show as the viewers - and they enjoy it like decadent pie or something....like the viewers (this one anyway)!  So fun.

I never watched the People's Couch but I recall seeing the duo in ads.  Are they a lesbian couple or just friends?

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 4

Really? I'm surprised at the Julie and Brandy love. It is The VPR aftershow topic so I'm in the wrong crowd to snark on them..... but they are the reason I only watched half of the first episode. They are like snarky, monotone "NPR ladies" but not in a good way, I mean, in my opinion of course!

• Love 1

It is the latter-  they're best friends and writing partners. As mentioned, Brandy isn't a lesbian, and has a husband.

Anyway, I hope they're back next season with an aftershow.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 3

Agreed.  I also thought it was the latter as they are listed as best friends and I also read somewhere that Brandy is married and has a kid.

I may be wrong, but whenever I see "best friends", I assume it's the new code for "longtime companion".

I may be wrong, but whenever I see "best friends", I assume it's the new code for "longtime companion".

This is Bravo. It's the gayest network outside of Logo. If they wanted to say that two ladies were in a long-term romantic relationship, they just would. I can't think of a single show on the channel that doesn't have a gay or lesbian cast member or friend. Every season of Newlyweds: The First Year has featured a gay or lesbian marriage. This network doesn't dance around queer relationships.

• Love 5

On my on demand, there are some extra clips from the aftershow's last few episodes. I didn't realize it sooner so I missed the clips from the first 5 aftershows. There are about 10 min of extra clips from each episode split into two short videos. I gotta say I have really been missing the aftershow the past couple weeks. I had really got to enjoy it

Edited by bblancobrnx
  • Love 1

So was the After Show on a limited run tryout?  Cuz I was looking at the ratings & they were unfortunately terrible.  

Here's my take.  I really liked them at first & then they were getting on my nerves & I lost interest & stopped watching.  I did like how they were super fans & knew everything there was to know about the show.  And I liked how they gave shit to James & Jax & didn't seem to kiss up to any of the cast they had on.  And yet I still grew quickly tired of them.  But now I'm kinda missing the After Show.  Maybe having one every week was too much?  Not sure, but I hope they bring it back, even if once in a while.  Given the poor ratings, that may not happen.

• Love 3

I am also curious as to the future of the After Show. After last week's 'feel good' story line I thought maybe Bravo didn't want to ruin it by having some catty show afterwards. But it doesn't seem to be on this week either.

This is Bravo. It's the gayest network outside of Logo. If they wanted to say that two ladies were in a long-term romantic relationship, they just would. I can't think of a single show on the channel that doesn't have a gay or lesbian cast member or friend. Every season of Newlyweds: The First Year has featured a gay or lesbian marriage. This network doesn't dance around queer relationships.

I agree and all but who is gay or lesbian on Vanderpump Rules? I mean there's lots of speculation but am I forgetting an out cast member? Obviously they're gay friendly on this show but now I'm wracking my brain trying to remember even a a gay friend in VR.

I missed the aftershow, glad it's returning!

HunterHunted, on 01 Jan 2016 - 10:09 PM, said:HunterHunted, on 01 Jan 2016 - 10:09 PM, said:

IKR.  Plus, it's pretty easy to google and find out that Brandy is married. To a man.

Julie and Brandy are my favorite "family" from TPC (followed very closely by the Zenos) so I was pumped that they got their own little show.  I can't wait for its return tonight!  

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 2

I'm somewhat conflicted about these 2.   Don't me wrong.  Mostly I'm glad they're back.  But they can both be annoying as hell.  Still, watching them skewer Jax with a montage of reminders of how he said on cam many times that he wanted to fuck Lala was fun.  Yup, I liked watching him squirm & try to casually babble (um, lie) his way out, while Brittany looked on & for the first time she dropped her grinning idiot routine -- even if it was just momentarily.  They asked her how she felt about being Jaxed.  She was clearly not thrilled.  

I only wish one of 'em said to Brittany, "Hey, hun, at least you got a free boob job & get to be on national TV.  True, a bloated/sweaty/asshole/moron makes a fool of you in front of millions, but it's such a small price to pay for a free boob job, right?"  Oh, and Brittany did say she'd been wanting a boob job for a long time.  Alrighty then, color me not surprised.  Hmmmm, is Britt seeming more & more calculating?

• Love 1

James looked so miserable sitting next to Lisa. He clearly wasn't his usual self. All n all I enjoy Julie and Brandy as hosts and I am glad that they are back.

James looked sober.....for once....and probably because he was with Lisa.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 1