Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 11/30/15

Athena
  • Start Topic

I don't look at The View's page on Facebook, but maybe I should...and comment.  Maybe we should all get on this bandwagon and support Paula against this jealous bullying!

I'm not on Facebook either. But if I would be I would certainly support Paula especially after today. 

P.S. Someone did post on Paula's FB page "Why is Whoopi so rude to you?"

Let us know if Paula responds. Are there any posts concerning Whoopi and her rudeness today?

I would certain recommend commenting on the www.abc.com site. I do every now and then when something on the show annoys the crap out of me.  You can scroll to the bottom of the page to a "contact us" type link, then you choose what show you want to contact them about, and then you choose the content of your comment. You have about 500-700 characters to type in, so you must be succinct.

I always get acknowledgments that I've commented, but no replies. I hope someone at ABC is taking those into account. In any case, it makes me feel better to vent, albeit politely and professionally.

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 4

I don't look at The View's page on Facebook, but maybe I should...and comment.  Maybe we should all get on this bandwagon and support Paula against this jealous bullying!

I'll go with you! Yes, it is appalling and my thought was that Paula looked humiliated and stunned.... not taking it in stride. She shouldn't have to tolerate that. That outburst and language (I'm no prude) would not fly in an office setting, would it?

I would certain recommend commenting on the www.abc.com site. I do every now and then when something on the show annoys the crap out of me.  You can scroll to the bottom of the page to a "contact us" type link, then you choose what show you want to contact them about, and then you choose the content of your comment. You have about 500-700 characters to type in, so you must be succinct.

I always get acknowledgments that I've commented, but no replies. I hope someone at ABC is taking those into account. In any case, it makes me feel better to vent, albeit politely and professionally.

They may notice if they get  many about the same "problem."

Reprimand Whoopi the Queen and...

FREE PAULA!

Edited by ari333
  • Love 3

Thank you. I will right now. I hate bullies and Whoopi went overboard today.

• Love 5

I hate when women get called "jealous" and overuse of the word "bully."  But that is exactly what it felt like today, jealous bullying on the part of Whoopi.  

I've noticed she often has problems with other women when they talk about their relationships with their husbands.  She dumped all over Sunni Hostin about her nanny comment the other day, and now her thing today with Paula asking for a gift from her husband.   She said something to Joy about her husband that rubbed me the wrong way too last week, I believe.   There seems to be a bit of a pattern.  Is Whoopi actually just jealous?  I always thought she protested a bit too much with her whole "I don't WANT a relationship!!!" thing when she was hawking her book.  Hmm. 

And like the classic bully scenario, everyone sat there and said nothing, fearing the bully's wrath might be directed at them if they did.  

Ugh.  This show.  It's like fourth grade all over again. 

ETA:  was Whoopi the one who made some snotty remark about Cameron's "perfect" husband last week, too?  hmmm...

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 12

Paula's degree is in Broadcasting, the bastardized teleprompter-based form of journalism offered at many community colleges and on the pageant circuit.  I do like that she is fearless.  I suspect Whoopi's distaste for her is based in the traditional views she regularly cites (and seemingly lives):  boys are tough and dangerous, girls are girly girly and should be coddled, the wife submits to husband, marital sex is god's blessing). Pretty much everything a lefty loathes.

I don't know about that,  my politics are firmly on the left and I like Paula on my TV. She brings a different perspective, [or viewpoint lol] in a professional way: a woman with a successful career and marriage and three young children.      I've never heard her interrupt or clap her hands in someone's face.  Her voice doesn't screech when she disagrees with someone and she always looks nice.  I guess I don't need a co-host to be just like me, but I do need them to behave professionally.  

And I'd say she certainly has done very well with her "bastardized teleprompter-based form of journalism" degree working in the #3 media market (Chicago) by age 30 and #1 market (NYC) just a few years later. Broadcasting is a legit field that may or may not include journalism.  

Did this bitch really just clap her hands and DEMAND that Paula listen to her?  

Oh Whoopi.  This season can't end fast enough for me. 

I tuned in just in time to hear Whoopi Goldberg calling Paula "bitch" and clapping and shouting her down so she could lecture her about what being a mother is all about.  I still can't believe my ears.

Same here!!  Normally I'd laugh at the idea of Whoopi "knowing what being a mother is all about"  but Paula simply made the point that, "Moms often do for everyone else before themselves."  I'd guess Whoopi sees her way as the only way.   As usual.  Whoopi's hateful behavior towards Paula crossed a line and was over the top - even on a show where Rudeness reigns supreme.     Hey, maybe that's why Whoopi hates Paula - she's not only smarter than Whoopi but she isn't rude. 

That everyone else just sat there was disgusting to me.  Especially Joy, who should be secure enough to stand up for someone else.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 12

I would certain recommend commenting on the www.abc.com site. 

Thanks for the ABC link.  I rarely waste my time registering official complaints about this show because I doubt ABC really cares and they never respond.  But it feels good to get it off my chest today.   Someone calling someone else "bitch" on this show is just too much.  This isn't The Real Housewives, for crying out loud. 

I realize that some women may on occasion refer to each other as "bitch" in a joking way.  I don't mean to be a priss about it.  But I don't think that was at all the energy expressed Whoopi's words.  She was being condescending and domineering, not trying to be funny.  I wonder what Whoopi would do if Paula clapped her hands in her face and said "Bitch LISTEN!" even as an obvious joke.  She'd have an effin' coronary!

• Love 5

I did exactly that this morning & no one has shot me down (yet).  I have several "likes" & several positive comments.  The one slightly negative comment was challenged by another poster.  So, there's that ...  My feeling is that all the complaining we're doing here does not seem to have any impact, but the same complaints on Facebook might.  Just sayin'.

Edited to add:  I also commented on Paula's Facebook!!!

I'm not on Facebook either. But if I would be I would certainly support Paula especially after today. 

Let us know if Paula responds. Are there any posts concerning Whoopi and her rudeness today?

There were two "likes" & one comment as of now.

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 4

Whoopi is doing the same thing to Paula that she did to Rosie. She feels threatened and she lashes out, banking on her popularity to see her through. Paula probably has the same expectations as Rosie did - you get paid to do a job, you show up prepared and don't fall back on goofball antics when you screw up. 

Was the perfume Joy mentioned Miu Miu? 

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 4

Whoopi is doing the same thing to Paula that she did to Rosie. She feels threatened and she lashes out, banking on her popularity to see her through. Paula probably has the same expectations as Rosie did - you get paid to do a job, you show up prepared and don't fall back on goof ball antics when you screw up. 

Was the perfume Joy mentioned Miu Miu? 

I agree. I guess she needs to bully someone if they don't kiss her ass.

That was the perfume Joy mentioned. I looked it up. Never heard of it or even know if it smells nice. My afternoon today has been The View obsessed! LOL    

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=miu+miu+perfume&tag=mh0b-20&index=aps&hvadid=7000641897&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_660kzyvxcm_e

Edited by rcc
  • Love 4

I don't know about that,  my politics are firmly on the left and I like Paula on my TV. She brings a different perspective, [or viewpoint lol] in a professional way: a woman with a successful career and marriage and three young children.      I've never heard her interrupt or clap her hands in someone's face.  Her voice doesn't screech when she disagrees with someone and she always looks nice.  I guess I don't need a co-host to be just like me, but I do need them to behave professionally.

Totally agree with this, Cosmo.   I really like Paula.  She has a clear, relaxed  way of communicating without shouting or interrupting.  If The View could replace a couple of other people (cough, Whoopi to start) and let Paula moderate, the show would be so much better.  I wouldn't have to cringe and shout at the tv while watching.

• Love 11

She sure is, Paula is no dummy, everytime WG goes off or does something inappropriate a little angel gets its wings and Paula gets one step closer to the moderator chair.

Passive aggressiveness at it's finest. However, Joy better get that moderator chair when Whoopi implodes.

Random thoughts:

-Whoopi was either off her meds or overly medicated today. She was back to being frenzied and LOUD. Joy even noticed and made a comment. Ever so nicely.

-Love how everyone is conveniently ignoring that a few days ago Miss Candice said she was probably voting for Trump.

-Drives me crazy that the Planned Parenthood falsehoods manufactured by the Right go uncorrected... and that GOP's many skillful lies become "truth" to the faithful followers being purposely played.

I use to really like Whoopi, wanted to see her work, rooted for her. That Whoopi doesn't exist any more. I watched her closely today, imagining she wasn't THE Whoopi Goldberg. Conclusion: Without the fame and prior history of accomplishments, many meeting her for the first time would be unimpressed, some even repulsed.

• Love 12

I watched & they had fun conversations -- very entertaining.

Very entertaining.  The ladies seemed so relaxed and affectionate with each other.  Hmmm, let's see,  what is missing that could be causing them to behave differently on the show.

• Love 11

-Love how everyone is conveniently ignoring that a few days ago Miss Candice said she was probably voting for Trump.

I'll cut her some slack on this one just because If I remember correctly, the question was if the election was today and the choice was only Clinton or Trump.    I might be wrong but  I don't think Candace pays alot of attention to politics, at least before this gig, and she probably just votes the party line.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 4

I did exactly that this morning & no one has shot me down (yet).  I have several "likes" & several positive comments.  The one slightly negative comment was challenged by another poster.  So, there's that ...  My feeling is that all the complaining we're doing here does not seem to have any impact, but the same complaints on Facebook might.  Just sayin'.

Edited to add:  I also commented on Paula's Facebook!!!

There were two "likes" & one comment as of now.

I don't have FB so I used my bf's FB to get in. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I didnt' find any comments about Whoopi going off on Paula. Clearly, I was looking at the wrong thing /wrong spot and I'm not used to navigating there, but ..... DOH! I was hoping to find support for Paula and admonishments for Whoopi.  

I was stunned that no one at the table stood up for Paula after that display.

That was the first after show that I watched. Thanks for the link!

Edited by ari333
  • Love 4

Why doesn't she tell her to shut the fuck up for two minutes?

On the other hand I get the feeling Paula is laughing at WG behind her eyes. It's pretty funny to see that when the camera catches it

I agree. Thankfully, my blood pressure was saved from today's show, but every time Whoopi does this, Paula's eyes just light up. When Whoopi gets the boot, it will be so satisfying. Even more than when it happened to Elisabeth or Sherri, who'd have thought?

Celia Rubenstein, I agree with you as far as nobody saying anything to support Paula. Even if I hated her personally (and I definitely don't agree with her on much of anything), I'd still say something along the lines of, "At least let her get a complete thought out before you jump her, jeez." Then again, that would mean you'd start getting the same treatment daily. I'd guess all of them are afraid of being fired and that's why they don't say anything because everyone but Whoopi's got fired two seasons in a row despite her awful job performance. Hopefully ABC will have realized by now that Whoopi is the weakest link, goodbye.

• Love 8

TPTB haven't listened to disgruntled viewers in  all these years, as far as I can tell. I think the "4am guy" monitors the Twitter and Facebook pages. Even negative comments mean  viewers to them, so why would they give a shit? The sponsors are still there.

• Love 5

Did whoopi dids paula during the second half of the show? We got a special report news break in then. I watched the courtesy half (kinda) and did not notice anything amiss. I will watch it tomorrow on demand (they are always a day behind).

Interesting that during the first part of the show, the expert psychologist (who I thought was really good) talked about everyday violence in terms of bullying and meaness....... and Ms whoopi was all over that agreeing about people being nicer to each other. Wow, what a fucking hypocrite (which i know is nothing new), but to refute herself in the same hour is truly sick. How unprofessional, in addition to disgusting ly narcissistic.

• Love 10

Whoopi went off on Paula toward the end of the show.  

I know this because I replayed it half a dozen times ... I could not believe Whoopi said what she did, and by the time I had convinced myself she actually addressed Paula as "bitch," the show was over lol. 

• Love 4

Whoopi went off on Paula toward the end of the show.  

I know this because I replayed it half a dozen times ... I could not believe Whoopi said what she did, and by the time I had convinced myself she actually addressed Paula as "bitch," the show was over lol. 

I know Celia, that's what I did.  I.could.not.believe what I was seeing & hearing, but I must say Paula's reaction was priceless.  As SunFun said:  "Passive aggressiveness at it's finest."  I'm really warming up to Paula & love her twisted little grin when Whoopi is on a rant.  Gawd help me!!!

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 5

I am glad Paula maintained her dignity and composure.  But it would have been fine with me if she had stopped dead and said, "whoa lady, WHAT did you just call me?"  then looked askance at the audience in that mocking way Whoopi always does when she thinks someone is saying something stupid. 

Everyone just takes her crap and I am sick of seeing her get away with it, I guess.  I am ready to give the first person to call her on her shit a wide berth to do so!   

But Paula has mastered the twisted little grin that says she knows Whoopi is actin' a fool, I agree MedicineCrow.  I may just have to settle for that.  It's better than nothing! 

• Love 7

OK, I watched.   I have NO IDEA what Whoopi's point was. " TICK TOCK Bitch, pay attention!!     If you don't do little  things for yourself, you don't teach anyone to look further and do little things for you.  You have to show people that you know how to do it.  ...You have to do it yourself because once the kids are grown, you're not going to have an excuse, you have to learn how to do it. "  WTF?

I don't get  what WHoopi was all worked up about.  In my experience, when a couple is raising kids, they get excited about giving the KIDS stuff for Christmas.  Husbands and wives presents to each other might be along the lines of " I kind of wanted this, but it's a luxury I don't really NEED, or don't have time for. "  Anything you ask your spouse to buy is generally something you could buy yourself.   Joy wants Steve to buy her perfume -  its the same damn thing, she could buy it herself.  I don't understand WHoopi's point at all, and her way of expressing it was rude.    

• Love 15

Whoopi's advice was stupid. What the fuck was it supposed to mean. Paula is supposed to just buy shit for herself otherwise no one would do it for her when the kids are older. That makes no fucking sense. If she wants her husband to buy her laser hair removal as a gift then that is her right. She can't help it if she likes to be groomed unlike some people.

Raven continues to be an idiot. Buy me some paper towels, cleaning supplies as I don't want to spend the money. This from the girl that buys every Apple gadget that comes out and spends hundreds to play a game on Facebook. If she don't shut the entire fuck up.

• Love 12

One of my internships was getting stuck working in human resources for a large financial institution (think too big to fail circa 2008!).  Traveled tons to larger offices with my supervisor to oversee and implement various changes no matter how slight.  Almost 30000 employees and not one would be allowed back to work the next day without a peer and supervisor review for what Whoopi did to Paula.  That is close enough for harassment to essentially put Whoopi on a paid time out if not put on the short quick path to simple termination if the other employee filed a complaint.

I think Whoopi is a mean person.  She is smart enough to know that she doesn't know everything but too arrogant to accept it gracefully and too lazy and entitled to do anything about it.  Her ego is out of control and now suddenly her easy pay check is perceptionally threatened.  Not just by someone who is a broadcast journalist but one who was brought in "in company" by the very division that saw Walters given the heave ho.  I would not be surprised if ABCNews was tired of the outright idiocy that the show descended to immeditately following Walter's announced retirement.  I'm still not entirely clear who though Jenny was a good fit.  But the show became even more of a joke and the shift with the two Rosies and Wallace seemed an attempt to bring the show some slight gravitas.  And when tht blew up, thanks to Whoopi, they do another shift.  And bring in Paula among others.  I can see why someone who is lazy and entitled and arrogant and rude and close minded would not like someone from the same company but a more "professional" level dept coming in.  I think not only does Whoppi see Paula as the indistry standard monitor forced on her by her own company, but I think that might be what Paula actually is in this situation.  I think she was put on the show to try and give it a more informative nature in terms of current events.  Particularly in an upcoming election year when candidates will be on and more pundits making the rounds.

• Love 12

There was a post on The View's Facebook page asking "How should you talk to your children about a national tragedy?" although this is serious, one of the responses made me chuckle. "I never talk about "The View" with my children.". Ha!!

• Love 12

I always have the "The View" on as background, and I read here all the time (great posts, everyone!!).

Raven just infuriated me so much that I had to post.  They were discussing the 18 yr. old girl who left her newborn baby at a church (which is completely legal in New York).  Joy mentioned that the girl now wants her baby back.  

Raven, again, is so ridiculous with her comments.  She, again, mentions FB, Twitter, social media, and that the girl should be aware of things in the world because of those things.  This 18 yr. old girl is from Mexico, and was living with an aunt here.  Raven doesn't "get" that there many people in the world who are not constantly connected and have a friggin' cell phone glued to their hand.  I don't know too much about this story, but the fact that Raven constantly says that EVERYONE knows what is going on because of social media is just so preposterous!!  

Another thing that annoyed me was when they were discussing the live performance of "The Wiz" and she said that everyone has access to see live theater.  Well, no, Raven - many, many, many people are too worried about and struggling to just put a roof over their heads and food on the table.  Tickets to live theater, even regional theater productions, are a huge luxury for so many.  Why doesn't she understand this?

Both of these comments go to show just how uninformed and entitled she is, and how she cannot grasp the fact that luxuries like smart phones, the internet, live theater, etc. are just not something that people cannot always afford.

She really infuriates me, almost every time she opens her mouth!!  

• Love 19

Leave it to Joy to gather representatives of the Catholic, Muslim & Jewish faiths to discuss what's going on.  Very good conversation & very enlightening!!

I loved it and Joy just made my day with her presence..This is how it should be done everyday..I hope the big bosses are taking notice on how Joy steers the show...I am so happy that she is back...There is a warmth that she brings to the table that I enjoy immensely..Everybody is so relaxed when the other one is not there...

• Love 15

Oh, Carly! I've loved you for decades, but, that was horrible.

Interesting that Raven said she wouldn't choose to be a child star if she had it to do over again. Life would be a whole lot different Raven, since other than being a Wal-Mart greeter, you're not qualified to be much. No offense Wal-Mart greeters!

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 8

Raven just infuriated me so much that I had to post.  They were discussing the 18 yr. old girl who left her newborn baby at a church (which is completely legal in New York).  Joy mentioned that the girl now wants her baby back.  

Raven, again, is so ridiculous with her comments.  She, again, mentions FB, Twitter, social media, and that the girl should be aware of things in the world because of those things.  This 18 yr. old girl is from Mexico, and was living with an aunt here.  Raven doesn't "get" that there many people in the world who are not constantly connected and have a friggin' cell phone glued to their hand.  I don't know too much about this story, but the fact that Raven constantly says that EVERYONE knows what is going on because of social media is just so preposterous..............

She really infuriates me, almost every time she opens her mouth!!

No kidding! Not knowing the situation, she jumped to a conclusion about the girl. No consideration of the possibility that the girl may have been raped, abused ,threatened. If she didn't feel safe telling her family about the pregnancy, there may be a good reason. Some teens deny being pregnant, don't accept it until the birth, and then are stuck dealing with it. Imagine a teen giving birth alone and scared, then dealing with all the hormonal changes and emotions. It's not fair or reasonable to expect someone in that situation to act rationally.

Raven has in her head a stereotype of teen girls, that isn't true for every teen girl.

Raven, to me, comes across as an entitled bitch.

• Love 14

I totally agree with everyone's assessment of Raven's lack of knowledge & reasonable conclusions with respect to 90% of the country.  Only at The Spew is someone allowed to pull up a stool & babble such nonsense, totally devoid of empathy.

On another note, George Stephanopoulos just announced that the (Pakistani) woman had pledged allegiance to ISIS just prior to slaughtering & injuring all those people.  So, the nice little American Muslim boy meets potential wife on-line & brings her to America.  There's more to the story, but I just can't wrap my head around it!!!

• Love 3

Plus, when you are pregnant--not to mention a teen--your hormones affect your rational brain.  Sounds like the teen needs support to learn skills to care for her baby, not derision.  

• Love 2

Oh, Carly! I've loved you for decades, but, that was horrible.

Interesting that Raven said she wouldn't choose to be a child star if she had it to do over again. Life would be a whole lot different Raven, since other than being a Wal-Mart greeter, you're not qualified to be much. No offense Wal-Mart greeters!

More interesting is that Raven wouldn't give her reasons to Joy, when asked.  "I'll post my reasons on our Facebook page...don't forget to visit our page to find out".

You're right - Raven's life would have been normal, not living in a bubble.  Maybe she would have realized that not everyone can afford theater tickets, not everyone can play Candy Crush for hours on end (while their bank accounts basically get replenished automatically by royalties and residuals), not everyone lives their lives and form their opinions by the 128 characters allowed on a Twitter post.  Maybe she would be a slightly enlightened and educated 30 year old.  

If she gives any of those reasons as to why she wouldn't choose that life again, I'll have a little respect for her.  Unfortunately, I don't think those are her reasons, because, if she really wanted to, she could change all of those things about herself now.

To be honest, I actually had forgotten all about her as a child star until they brought her on The View (I watched The Cosby Show, but never saw her again in anything after that-and I actually couldn't stand her on The Cosby Show).  The View is probably the best thing that has happened to her in her life at this point, because it has made her somewhat relevant in her adult life.  

Plus, when you are pregnant--not to mention a teen--your hormones affect your rational brain.  Sounds like the teen needs support to learn skills to care for her baby, not derision.  

I think that was the point that Joy was trying to make.  The girl had no emotional support, her family didn't know about her pregnancy.  She was at her wits' end, I hope.  And, if the girl's family was extremely religious, the church is considered a haven for everyone.  If she was ashamed of her pregnancy (because of staunch religious/moral beliefs), this girl did the only thing that seemed right in her mind.

We don't know where she grew up - if she grew up in a small town or village in Mexico where I could imagine that pregnancy before or without the benefit of marriage may be frowned upon, I can understand why she did what she did.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 10

To me, Sara, Sarah? She is empty air just like Michelle/Raven. I think the only difference is she doesn’t disrupt the flow of the show the way they did. I wouldn’t mind her on the show over them, but she wouldn’t add anything either. Bland, beige window-dressing.

I liked that Joy encouraged Candace to speak at the end of the gun topic rather than moved on before she could say anything. This show is so much better when Joy or Paula moderates. I mean, they aren’t even as good at steering as, say, Meredith or Rosie to me, and yet they’re still a dramatic improvement over Whoopi.

• Love 10

To me, Sara, Sarah? She is empty air just like Michelle/Raven. I think the only difference is she doesn’t disrupt the flow of the show the way they did. I wouldn’t mind her on the show over them, but she wouldn’t add anything either. Bland, beige window-dressing.

Couldn't agree more! Sara Haines, UGH!!

Since they have this "pool of rotating co-hosts" why don' they use it? It would have been just fine with four of them. Why do they need another at that table?

Was this show live today?

• Love 3