Type keyword(s) to search

General Gabbery: DWTS

• Start Topic

Unless they randomly decide to change things up for no reason, it would be Monday is my guess. 

Thx.  I presume it will be after the judged dances on Monday?  Because, in re: the conversation upthread about the audience's involvement in voting, allowing the Judges (who presumably know the standings) pretty much gives them the ultimate final say over who goes home and who wins.

Thx. I presume it will be after the judged dances on Monday? Because, in re: the conversation upthread about the audience's involvement in voting, allowing the Judges (who presumably know the standings) pretty much gives them the ultimate final say over who goes home and who wins.

Basically, of the 4 who are going to dance on Monday, one will be already "eliminated" before the show even starts, because the elimination is based on last nights votes and scores. They just won't find out about it until the end of the show. (Same as any other week)

Then everyone will vote for the top 3 Monday night, and from that round of voting the winner is chosen.

Basically, of the 4 who are going to dance on Monday, one will be already "eliminated" before the show even starts, because the elimination is based on last nights votes and scores. They just won't find out about it until the end of the show. (Same as any other week)

Then everyone will vote for the top 3 Monday night, and from that round of voting the winner is chosen

Makes sense.  Thx.

Drop the fan votes and let the Judges votes be all that matter

I'll admit, I'm one of those terrible viewers who regularly votes for dancers others consider "subpar." I rooted for Amy and Noah and Alek and voted and cheered when they got as far as they did. if you're tuning in hoping for a pure dance competition, I am arguably one of the things that's wrong with "Dancing With the Stars." And I understand your frustration, really. But I think dropping fan votes entirely should be the last recourse (especially as it would almost certainly result in the show getting sent home due to lack of viewers). Here are four things I'd like to see the show try before disenfranchising America:

1. Vote limits per star, not overall: As it is now, you have, say, 5 votes total to spend as you like. Change that to a maximum of 5 votes per star. You could give 100% of the votes allowed to your sentimental favorite, and still give up to 5 to the star who had that amazing dance this week, and to the star who was so hosed by the judges. That might tend to make the best dancers rise, because they’d have their own fan base plus appreciation votes from others.

2. Vote up/vote down. It’s pretty clear from these forums that people enjoy dissing stars they hate at least as much as praising their favorites. So you get, say, 10 plus votes and 5 minus votes a week. Even if that person you hate keeps going, there’s at least the satisfaction of being able to give an official “You suck.”

3. Eliminations based on the current week. I don't care how you do it. Disenfranchise anyone not watching live (sorry, those in other time zones). Have a half-hour results show on Tuesday. Heck, given how quick they’ve been doing the dispatching lately, devote one regularly scheduled commercial break in whatever's on ABC at 8 p.m. on Tuesday to giving the results. This business of people getting sent home a week late and viewers never being able to vote for what they just did is annoying and makes the results look stupid.

4. Judges with credibility. Our current crew seems to mostly serve a ceremonial function. Get people in there who can give articulate critiques, and give them coherent scoring rules. Are we judging on overall impression or on improvement? Do we give points for degree of difficulty? Does that extend to difficulty due to a disability (including age and physical fitness) or time limitations? Is there going to be a higher expectation for people with preexisting experience in dance or related fields? If the judging can be taken seriously, it can be weighted a little heavier than fan votes, and it can also make fan votes more informed. Plus, I would have to lunge for the mute button less.

Looks like the finale is going to be a "Christmas Special" of sorts. They're doing the Tuesday show at the Grove, and the troupe performed there recently for a Christmas tree lighting, and then there's this: https://www.instagram.com/p/-UAFsPNoq8/

Have they done that before? Usually I'm kind of grinchy about Christmas before Thanksgiving, but I'm finding the idea of that kind of fun. 

Edited by kitcloudkicker

You're right, no one knows how they really feel, but honestly Witney looks like she hasn't really gotten along that well with anyone but Alfonso. She looked the same way with Chris Soules and Cody Simpson. Maybe it's just her personality.

Replying to trios episode thread here...anyway, I totally agree. Witney only seems to have gotten along with Alfonso. I wonder why that is - she doesn't seem super bitchy, and I like her perspective. I thought she made a great point with Carlos that the creative process isn't always smooth. She was really, really lucky to have Alfonso - think of all the dancers on this show who either haven't ever won a mirror ball or won a long time ago and not recently. 

Regarding Val and Tamar, I would love to be a fly on the wall during their rehearsals. The way he acted is the way a guy acts who is trying to win over a girl who doesn't like him - over-the-top, effusive praise ("All my partners are great!"), flowers, etc. but none of it seemed to work. On this show, it doesn't seem like partners can play the Officer and a Gentleman game, where they secretly hate each other but it comes off as passion (evidently that was the vibe between Richard Gere and Debra Winger, but they either hid it well or used it to their advantage). 

• Love 2

Regarding Val and Tamar, I would love to be a fly on the wall during their rehearsals. The way he acted is the way a guy acts who is trying to win over a girl who doesn't like him - over-the-top, effusive praise ("All my partners are great!"), flowers, etc. but none of it seemed to work. On this show, it doesn't seem like partners can play the Officer and a Gentleman game, where they secretly hate each other but it comes off as passion (evidently that was the vibe between Richard Gere and Debra Winger, but they either hid it well or used it to their advantage). 

Val and Tamar get along - they have a similar work ethic.  I'm betting that you'll see references to DWTS on the Braxton Family Values or Tamar & Vince on WeTV.

http://www.wetv.com/tamar-and-vince/videos/tamar-vince-season-4-sneak-peek

From Broadway World the show for Monday and Tuesday

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/Four-Couples-Remain-on-the-Two-Part-Finale-of-DANCING-WITH-THE-STARS-20151120-page2

After weeks of competitive dancing, the final four couples advance to the FINALS of "Dancing with the Stars" this MONDAY, NOVEMBER 23 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET). Alek Skarlatos and LINDSAY Arnold, Bindi Irwin and Derek Hough, Carlos PenaVega and Witney Carson, and Nick Carter and Sharna Burgess have one last night of competitive dancing, fighting to win the judges' and America's votes to be crowned the "Dancing with the Stars" champion on TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 24 (9:00-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

On Monday, November 23 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET), the finalists will compete in two rounds of dance. In the first round, one judge will help each couple choose the creative elements of each dance, which is a re-do to a new song. Carrie Ann Inaba will work alongside Linsday and Alek, as well as Bindi and Derek. Julianne Hough is with Nick and Sharna, and Bruno Tonioli is with Carlos and Witney.

In the second round, in one of the biggest competitive dances of the season, the couples take on a freestyle dance featuring special effects, additional dancers and unexpected surprises. There will be special performances from Meghan Trainor, singing "Like I'm Gonna Lose You," and Who Is Fancy, Ariana Grande and Meghan Trainor performing "Boys Like You." At the end of the night, the couple with the lowest combined viewer and judge votes from the previous two weeks will be eliminated.

In the two-hour season finale on Tuesday, November 24 (9:00-11:00 p.m., ET), the three finalists advance to the final stage of the competition. There will be live dancing and show-stopping performances at the Grove shopping center and in the DWTS ballroom. The night kicks off with a high-energy opening number, featuring a reunion of all 13 of this season's couples at the Grove. The finale will be filled with performances from Alexander Jean, Andy Grammer, Chaka Khan, Elle King and Nick Carter. Kim Zolciak returns to the ballroom to dance a Samba with Tony Dovolani to "I Dream of Jeannie," which she was never able to perform, along with encore dances from the eliminated celebrities.

The cast of the upcoming "Dancing with the Stars: Live! Dance All Night Tour" will perform a dance to Avicii's "Broken Arrows" as a sneak peak of the 90-minute show traveling the country this winter.

The three finalists will each dance a repeat dance from this season. In the last element of competition, the couples will perform a new routine as part of a "24-Hour Fusion Challenge." The remaining couples will Fuse two contrasting dance styles that they've performed this season and they'll have less than 24 hours to prepare that dance for judges' points. At the end of the night, the winner of the coveted Mirrorball trophy will be announced!

Hosted by Emmy® Award-winning host Tom Bergeron and Erin Andrews (sports host & "Dancing with the Stars" Season 10 finalist), "Dancing with the Stars" is the hit series in which celebrities perform choreographed dance routines which are judged by a panel of renowned ballroom experts, including dancer/choreographers Bruno Tonioli, Carrie Ann Inaba and ballroom dancer and Emmy® Award-winning choreographer Julianne Hough.

Viewers may cast their votes for their favorite teams via phone on Monday night during and up to 60 MINUTES after the end of the "Dancing with the Stars" broadcast in each time zone. Online voting at www.abc.com and on Facebook at https://apps.facebook.com/votedwts/is open for 15 hours, beginning from the start of the episode Monday, November 23 on the East Coast at 8:00 p.m., ET/5:00 p.m., PT and closing at 11:00 a.m., ET/8:00 a.m., PT the next day.

"Dancing with the Stars" is produced by BBC Worldwide Productions. Rob Wade, Ashley Edens-Shaffer and Joe Sungkur are executive producers. Alex Rudzinski directs. "Dancing with the Stars" is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC's selected HDTV format, with 5.1 channel surround sound.This program carries a TV-PG, L parental guideline.

Edited by Andie1

Looks like the finale is going to be a "Christmas Special" of sorts. They're doing the Tuesday show at the Grove, and the troupe performed there recently for a Christmas tree lighting, and then there's this: https://www.instagram.com/p/-UAFsPNoq8/

Have they done that before? Usually I'm kind of grinchy about Christmas before Thanksgiving, but I'm finding the idea of that kind of fun. 

Never as part of the main show, and I seriously doubt that that's the meaning behind Derek's Instagram post.  If the show were to do a separate Christmas special (which would actually be a separate, independent competition that only the studio audience would vote on), it would tape it independently and air it well AFTER the Thanksgiving holiday, as Strictly Come Dancing does and as the Dutch version used to do.

• Love 1

Never as part of the main show, and I seriously doubt that that's the meaning behind Derek's Instagram post. If the show were to do a separate Christmas special (which would actually be a separate, independent competition that only the studio audience would vote on), it would tape it independently and air it well AFTER the Thanksgiving holiday, as Strictly Come Dancing does and as the Dutch version used to do.

Yeah, but that's a definite official promo shoot with the top 4 pros, Witney and Lindsey posted it too and actually tagged it #christmasspecial. That plus the fact that the Tuesday show is going to be live from the Grove, which is definitely decked out for Christmas, would make me comfortable putting money down that we see at least 1 Christmas themed dance on Tuesday. I'm going to guess the opening number.

Why is the show having a hard time getting celebrities?

1) They added ballroom/Latin dances where lifts are allowed plus contemporary , and the show has become a lift fest all season, not just the freestyle. So if you are a celebrity who might have some rhythm but don't want to risk injury because of dangerous lifts, you decline.

2) They now showcase your backstory so much, that if you're lead a happy life so far , have all limbs, haven't loss a close family member, haven't been a drug addict, anorexic , been bullied, , etc, etc, you decline because you don't stand a chance.

• Love 2

YMMV but I don't think the show was ever getting this super amazing caliber of celebrities - it was always a mixture of up and coming celebrities, athletes, reality stars and nostalgic stars of yester-year. That hasn't changed in my opinion. Also, I think the show being over 10 years old has more to do with having a harder time to get celebrities because ratings wise it's not the juggernaut it once was which is normal for a show that old. 

• Love 1

I haven't commented on the finale yet.  However, that thread is locked and I guess we're supposed to move discussion in General Gabbery even though this is about the finale.

The finale was just like this season.  The dances were good but not outstanding.  So I don't have any favorites.  I'm guessing that Bindi is going to win which is fine by me.  I'm o.k. with any of the three winning although I would prefer if it was Nick or Bindi.   

For Bindi and Nick, I like their repeat dances better than their freestyles.  Julianne did a great job showing Nick how to do kicks and flicks.  He looked great doing them.  His legs were also high which is difficult for a tall person to keep time to such a fast beat with their long limbs.  Sharna also packed a lot into a fun routine.

I'm glad that Derek decided to follow the rules for the quickstep.  I admit that I was rooting for Derek & Shawn during the All-Stars finale.  But I couldn't vote for them after they decided to deliberately break the rules.  I didn't vote for anybody that season since I wasn't rooting for Melissa or Kelly either.  Bindi's frame was nice.  I just wished that her dress was little bit shorter so that I could see her feet and legs.  It was a little distracting.  I could tell that she was keeping up but I couldn't really see what her feet and legs were doing.

For the freestyles, I think Lindsay choreographed the most unique and creative routine.  I would have loved to see it with somebody that could really dance.  Alek did a good job with what he was given.  I think the choreography would have been harder if somebody else danced it.  The band ruined the One Republic song which isn't new.

Carlos' freestyle was o.k.  He's a decent hip-hop dancer but Witney is so much better.  They really didn't use the other three so it was just a gimmick.  Witney really needs to work with the camera people.  They were showing Carlos and Paula's backs when it was her turn.  I didn't even see what Carlos and Alexa did.  He did a good job with the shoulder press lift which is a really difficult lift.  He does have a tendency to drop Witney or have rough landings so I'm glad that wasn't the case.

The only contemporary freestyle that I've liked on this show is Kellie and Derek's.  It's because she was flexible, had great lines, and had a strong core.  I remember that leaning move that she did.  It looked like Derek choreographed that dance specifically for Kellie's strengths and how she was better with sharper moves rather than flowy ones.  Bindi's freestyle felt like a rehash of different SYTYCD contemporary moves.  The problem with that is that I'm going to compare her with the dancers that did those moves.  So Bindi is going to pale by comparison.  She looked heavy (not talking about weight) and her lines/feet are not great.  I was getting bored.  I did like the footprints on the sand towards the end.  Then the picture showed up and I felt manipulated.  I blame Derek and not Bindi.  He purposely wanted to surprise her to get a reaction.  He knew that she would cry which would make the audience and judges cry.

Nick did a great job on this freestyle.  If he didn't do his jazz, salsa trio, or other similar dances, it would have had more impact.  However, it just felt like his other dances except that he did have more energy.  I wanted Sharna to win her first mirrorball trophy but I think she needs to earn it with a better freestyle.  However, I didn't like Derek's freestyle for Bindi either.  So meh on this whole season.

I was not wowed by the freestyles. I give credit to Lindsey for her creativity in using the obstacle course, and I enjoyed all of the dances, but I feel like freestyles no longer stand out as something truly special the way they did in earlier seasons. I guess it's because of the introduction of jazz and contemporary as styles, and the use of troupe members in dances throughout the season. I wish those things were reserved for freestyle the way they used to be. From a "let's do something different than we've seen all season" standpoint, I still harken back to Cheryl and Drew's "Save a Horse..." routine. In incorporated a lot of moves from the ballroom and Latin dances, but was a fun, freeform piece.

• Love 3
I was not wowed by the freestyles. I give credit to Lindsey for her creativity in using the obstacle course, and I enjoyed all of the dances, but I feel like freestyles no longer stand out as something truly special the way they did in earlier seasons. I guess it's because of the introduction of jazz and contemporary as styles, and the use of troupe members in dances throughout the season.

I agree that the choreography of more and more mid-season dances as major production numbers with lots of "extras" dancing around the competing Team takes some of the novelty off the "big" freestyles.  I'm thinking of Nick's freestyle vis a vis some of his big numbers from earlier in the season.

In that sense, it might have been smart for Derek to go in the opposite direction.

• Love 1

I say do away with so many odd theme nights.

Keep the memorable year, Latin night, team dances, but please never again with Iconic Dances night or TV theme week and the other ridiculous ones.

Hee.

BBM

I read that as "ironic dances." :)

I haven't commented on the finale yet.  However, that thread is locked and I guess we're supposed to move discussion in General Gabbery even though this is about the finale.

Same here.  I'm just popping in before tonight's show (last night's show didn't come on till 11:00 last night here; it was preempted by a football game) to make this comment: I care so little about this season (this is one of my favourite shows and I'm really disappointed) that it took me less than an hour to watch.  

Wow.  Dull.  I didn't even really enjoy that Artem/Peta dance because I loathed the singer instantly with the white hot fire of 10000 suns (weird when that happens -- what the hell did she ever do to me?)  

Anyhow, I think I'm only still with the show because I want to watch Val dance and choreograph and this season was a disappointment on that front too.  I don't want to see him twisting and miserable, I want to see him having fun and being creative and juiced up because of it. I would enjoy this show a helluva lot more, frankly, if they just showed pros and celebs having fun, doing good things and being creative.  I am sick of melodrama.

For me, the whole Bindi thing is that she always is "on". By that I mean that she always seems to be over dramatizing and performing. She has been in front of the camera since she was a very young girl and she is a natural...just like Shirley Temple. It's like she is narrating a show for the cameras..actually, being in front of one and performing are second nature to her.

As opposed to Alek who has no idea about performing for cameras,etc. I find him more refreshing.

• Love 2

Now there are 4 pros who have been in the T3 twice without winning, all females: Anna T, Edyta S, Lacey S, Sharna B. 

I wonder if Sharna being there in consecutive seasons will make TPTB give her someone who would likely lead her to victory. My alternate theory is that Mark gets a winner cuz he hasn't won this decade despite being in the T3 five times.

Now there are 4 pros who have been in the T3 twice without winning, all females: Anna T, Edyta S, Lacey S, Sharna B. 

I wonder if Sharna being there in consecutive seasons will make TPTB give her someone who would likely lead her to victory. My alternate theory is that Mark gets a winner cuz he hasn't won this decade despite being in the T3 five times.

They've been giving her people she should've won with.  She just hasn't.

Sharna is just not one of the better pros IMO.  She was given a gift in Charlie White and could not win with him.  

She just comes across "harsh" to me, perhaps it is her garish dyed hair.

Yeah  I'm pretty sure they thought that was Nick Carter. It is interesting that with the exception of Drew Lachey, who was in the boy band that did the least dancing, all the boy band guys have lost - Joey McIntyre, Joey Fatone and Lance Bass.

Sharna is just not one of the better pros IMO. She was given a gift in Charlie White and could not win with him.

She just comes across "harsh" to me, perhaps it is her garish dyed hair.

Agree. I like Sharna and I think she does well with needy or insecure pros, but she's like Tony in that Her choreography is often underwhelming.

I think Nick needed her hand-holding, but I do wonder how he would have danced with someone like Karina or Anna.

Yeah  I'm pretty sure they thought that was Nick Carter. It is interesting that with the exception of Drew Lachey, who was in the boy band that did the least dancing, all the boy band guys have lost - Joey McIntyre, Joey Fatone and Lance Bass.

Drew Lachey proved in All Stars that his win was merely for that it was the second season and that how the show evolved years after, he could only manage Week 3.

I really like Sharna, but I find it interesting that she is such good friends with Peta.  Peta (who I've very very slowly come to like) sometimes dresses in really harsh styles, emphasizes (somewhat unattractively) her sexy bits and often is too powerful and fast in her choreo.  I see some similarities there.  Probably what I find unattractive in these cases are due to being some 30 years older than either of them.  Leastways, that's always what I've thought.

• Love 1

I really like Sharna, but I find it interesting that she is such good friends with Peta. Peta (who I've very very slowly come to like) sometimes dresses in really harsh styles, emphasizes (somewhat unattractively) her sexy bits and often is too powerful and fast in her choreo. I see some similarities there. Probably what I find unattractive in these cases are due to being some 30 years older than either of them. Leastways, that's always what I've thought.

Peta and Sharna have been friends since they were 18 so for a decade. I believe they were in Burn the Floor together.

It's hard for the female pros to choreograph something eye popping and fun, IMO unless you sell it well or have the technique of say Riker.

Peta and Sharna have different styles. Peta won once, but I think that was mostly due to being in the finals with 2 foreign born, lesser known stars. Sharna has good choreo but often times it lacks creativity and being memorable and exciting.

Mark and Derek succeed in this facet because our eyes naturally go to the woman when dancing and they know how to give a girl something that's exciting and appealing when they have someone with talent. I think thats why people like Kym and Cheryl got far a lot of seasons because they knew how to hide their partner's faults and put them in a good and exciting light. Look at how different Gilles came off when with Peta instead of Cheryl.

• Love 1

Drew Lachey proved in All Stars that his win was merely for that it was the second season and that how the show evolved years after, he could only manage Week 3.

s.

I disagree strongly with this. I loved and still watch his dances from Season 3. Cheryl gave him great choreography, pushed him with good technique and they had tons of chemistry. His problem in the All Star season was having a different partner ( I can't even remember who it was but it wasn't a good match) and he came off as a jerk.

I think the show has " evolved" into letting sloppy technique get praised. Hopefully Len coming back will change that.

• Love 2

Sloppy technique and ripped off choreography. Regardless if some want to try their darndest to say it was "inspired" by choreography, it isn't, it's ripped. The reason it is ripped is that it is directly from another reality show  where the audience votes. The show knows that particular choreography resonated well on the other show so they want to ensure a similar dark lit stage, a contemporary theme, and costuming. They ripped choreography from the winners, not other great choreography that didn't happen to win.  They know that at least a portion of the audience watch the same shows and have heard the same music, and have watched the same but inferior movement on dwts.

But the show is banking on a couple of realities,  Other than Jerome Robbins will, there are no copywrite laws when it comes to choreography, so let er rip, and secondly the audience that votes for the team that's ripping the choreography doesn't care about the time and effort it takes to create authentic choreography.

That's a sad way to make a reality dance show new and fresh.  That's why it's no longer relevant and is nothing more than a huge disappointment.

Edited by Andie1
  • Love 2

Agree. I like Sharna and I think she does well with needy or insecure pros, but she's like Tony in that Her choreography is often underwhelming.

I think Nick needed her hand-holding, but I do wonder how he would have danced with someone like Karina or Anna.

I get the feeling just from interviews and her Periscopes that Sharna likes the steady paycheck she gets from DWTS (seemingly because she financially supports her parents and grandmother on top of paying her dad and grandmother's medical bills on top of her own bills), but she gets more joy from her outside endeavors, similar to Mark. She choreographed movies between S19 and S20, and between last season and this season as well as a couple new routines for Meryl and Charlie. She's said several times that DWTS or DWTS related charity events and the like are the only time she actually dances herself.

She's said several times that DWTS or DWTS related charity events and the like are the only time she actually dances herself.

I'm for whatever makes her happy, but it's too bad, because dances like this are gorgeous.

Sharna's choreography just doesn't stand out to me. I don't remember any of her dances except some of the ones she did with Andy Dick. After that season, she just sort of seemed to get lost in the shuffle. If she can't win with Charlie White or Nick, maybe someone else should get a chance.

Sharna's choreography just doesn't stand out to me. I don't remember any of her dances except some of the ones she did with Andy Dick. After that season, she just sort of seemed to get lost in the shuffle. If she can't win with Charlie White or Nick, maybe someone else should get a chance.

I don't think her problem with Charlie was all about her choreography. I think they together personality wise were lacking "drama". There was no storyline for the producers to zoom in on and make something out of. Whereas in contrast to Maks and Meryl there was the passionate Ukranian/Russian hot head/bad boy angle that was played up with Maks/Meryl and that she tempered that or whatever. Charlie has friendly as he appears to be probably would have gotten lost in the shuffle this season as well when up against the personality juggernaut that was Bindi Irwin and against Tamar who was getting the bitchy edit. He just didnt give the producers anything to conjure up.

As for Nick, he never was the strongest dancer in BSB so it's no surprise that he wasn't super strong regardless of his boy band performing experience.

• Love 2

I think Sharna admits that she over choreographed for Charlie.  Can't blame her after having Andy Dick.  I still love his Mary Poppins dance despite all the umbrella problems.  I also agree that Charlie was a nice guy that didn't provide drama.

Nick's main problem was overthinking.  I also think that Sharna used boy band moves too much this season.  

Doesn't Charlie have the perfect personality for dwts though? He's bubbly like Bindi without being over the top annoying. No way was he beating Meryl with her showmance, but he should have beaten boring James Maslow. Peta's choreography was much better than Sharna's IMO. 

• Love 2

Not when you stop and think about the season's agenda which was get Maks a mirorball at all costs. And, much like this past season with the PenaVegas, they needed the "drama" of throwing Charlie under the bus before the finals so there could be a Meryl/Charlie "bottom 2" moment.

Speaking of Sharna, she did this interview this morning:

Doesn't Charlie have the perfect personality for dwts though? He's bubbly like Bindi without being over the top annoying. No way was he beating Meryl with her showmance, but he should have beaten boring James Maslow. Peta's choreography was much better than Sharna's IMO.

But on a show where producers thrive on drama Charlie and Sharna's partnership was too low key and he was nowhere near as bubbly as Bindi who also had the "drama" of the shadow of her deceased father. As for James Maslow the producers attempted to play up a showmance between him and Peta based on them having gone on a single date well before he was cast on DWTS so that provided a story for them that season. He simply got lost in the shuffle of personalities and producer driven stories/rehearsal footage.

Edited by TotalHellion