Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E18: Live Top 12 Performances

• Start Topic

"You're so unique, Korin, and I want to really highlight those different unique facets. To that end, I'm going to make you look just like me."

Dear Gwen, kindly stop messing with my favorite artist.

I agree- from the strong red dress that looked like it ate her a couple eps back to the new blonde hair that does NOTHING for her but make her looked washed out... Ugh I liked her quirky glasses and personal sense of style because it was her. I wish Gwen spent more time on the voice coaching than this other stuff.
  • Love 8

Is it me, or is the audience extra screamy and annoying tonight? I need them to shut up.

And I need Barrett to enunciate the words. He's the reason for closed captioning.

And finally, Grimme needs to go away. I'd rather take fashion advice from Blake than that inane giggling twit.

• Love 7

Is it me, or is the audience extra screamy and annoying tonight? I need them to shut up.

Yes. I noticed it after Madi and it made me extraordinarily uncomfortable. It sounded like someone in pain, although I assume it was someone's cheering section.

Pharrell must have found Blake's playbook lying around backstage. Sixteen years old! Sixteen years old.

I chuckled when Carson said Jordan would be singing about his faith. I knew that would get people here going. Jordan seems like a nice enough guy. Maybe you have to be there in person because I don't really get it. 

Lots of hot messes tonight. Hotline Bling didn't work, although I'm sure there are dozens of entertainment reports writing about Blake's critique right now.

Edited by Dots And Stripes
  • Love 2

4 Jordan Smith Great Is Thy Faithfulness (The Voice Performance)
His poor competition!

24 Amy Vachal Hotline Bling (The Voice Performance)
41 Jordan Smith Halo (The Voice Performance)
Again, his poor competition!

48 Barrett Baber Right Here Waiting (The Voice Performance)
50 Jeffery Austin Let It Go (The Voice Performance)
65 Emily Ann Roberts Blame It On Your Heart (The Voice Performance)

"You're so unique, Korin, and I want to really highlight those different unique facets. To that end, I'm going to make you look just like me."

Or, Lady Gaga, who also appeared frequently.  What was up with that?  I thought Shelby looked gorgeous. Underwhelmed by all the songs. Jordan's the only one I might consider buying. I thought Stevie Wonder-song guy did a much better job this week, but I didn't like the song.

And again with the "will we see the artist or won't we" lighting.  I get the show is called "The Voice", but it would nice to be able to see "The Face" from time to time!

• Love 2

There was definitely at least one annoying person screaming at the top of their lungs, like bloody murder or something, but it seemed like they were doing it just so they would be heard on TV.

everyone sucked tonight! Worst night ever.

I didn't get a chance to hear everyone's performance, but yeah, not a good night.glad I wasn't alone on that... but the judges seemed to be happy with some of the performances waaaay more than I did. Sorry but Zach did not sound that great, for one...I didn't think that was a very strong song for him, it was pretty blah; some parts he sang so low... ever Pharrell's mentioned the low part.

And Emily Ann...I love Blame it on Your Heart but no way was it as good as everyone gushed over her. Maybe it's because I know Patty Loveless' great vocals on it and I compared the two but nope, her voice kind of sounded a little shaky in spots and just not that strong if you ask me.

Mark... not good... what are they hearing over there?!

I missed Jordan. What did he sing? I know he got a long ovation. I'll be surprised if he doesn't win the whole thing.

Edited by Valny

And I need Barrett to enunciate the words. He's the reason for closed captioning.

And finally, Grimme needs to go away. I'd rather take fashion advice from Blake than that inane giggling twit.

It was especially bad after Mark's performance. I swore there were howler monkeys in the audience.

Will the judges please stop mentioning their ages?!! We KNOW- they're ALL teenagers. We. Get. It.

Tonight was underwhelming. So many s...l...o...w songs. Zzzzzz...

• Love 3

What on earth was Adam doing, saddling Amy Vachal with Hotline Bling? She has a real gift for refreshing the Great American Songbook songs and getting the audience to connect with them, and he thinks it's ever so clever to inflict Drake on her? If she makes it to the next show, I strongly suggest he let her make her own choice for what to sing (and Amy - if you aren't familiar with Ella Fitzgerald's recording of Billie Holiday's "Comes Love," check it out.)

Emily Ann is no Patty Lovelace.

• Love 3

Not a fan of any song choices tonight! Kenny Loggins, Phil Collins, Richard Marx, Styx? What year is it again? Oh, and I know the song was picked before this weekend, but wow, knowing the emotional advantage that Jordan was going to have singing a religious song right after the tragedies this weekend? The producers should have put him first right after the opening when they talked about Paris. After the emotion of that number (and I'm not a huge Jordan fan) no one had a chance at a big, huge ending number; even if he had a better song choice Zach was going to be forgotten. That was an unfair placement choice by the producers in my opinion. It was as if they were saying well we had him perform last on the first live show so we can't do it again ... I know we'll put him second to last, totally fair and different. I also noticed Gwen's whole team was done before either Shelby or Jordan performed.

Which leads me to my last opinion of the night. Shelby was just not good, and the arrangement took all of the meaning out of that song. I felt like she just kept screaming over and over. Disappointing night overall.

• Love 4

The show didn't start for me until Madi's performance. The first hour; with the exception of Emily Ann (it was an ok perf/loved the song more), of performers could all be eliminated tomorrow night. Zach did not have a closing show type of performance so he can go home as well. Jordan had an excellent vocal, but I wasn't feeling the song. Pharrell if you want to help Evan, try giving him a soulful song that is more current/contemporary (or pop/whichever he prefers). Korin bangs can be your friend (too much forehead/sorry). The top two performances of the night were Jeffrey's and Madi's, but of course the core demo for this show won't see it my way. They never do lol. 

• Love 3

I liked everything except the country (or country-style) songs. All of Blake's team bored me tonight - which is disappointing when it comes to the Elvis kid. He was SO good last week.  I agree with what Adam said - or what he tried to say - when he wished he saw more of that. And Shelby was not great. But I'm just not into country, so my opinion might also just be about that.

Everyone else - I either liked or loved. I loved Jeff, and although I generally find religious music a bit tedious, Jordan killed it again. (Because he is the best, and should win, and I will be thrilled). But Jeff - I have no idea who he is, or where he came from, but he killed it again this week. Madi too. Those are the two I never noticed before last week.  Madi did some weird things with Jewel, but she sounded lovely. I honestly really enjoyed a lot of performances.  Amy singing Hotline Bling - it was cool. I know, everyone hated it. But it was an interesting use of her voice.  I think the reason I dislike so much of the country stuff (or the country sound), is that it bores me. Most of the non-country, I at least found engaging. But I am sure a singer I enjoy will be voted off. As long as it's not Madi, Jeff, or Jordan, I will be okay. 

Edited by hks

They really should stop telling us how young some of these singers are because much of tonight felt like a high school talent show.   There were just so many weak performances.  I skipped many of the judges’ comments since I knew they would tell them how great they were even if there were major issues. 

And no, Adam, Jordan did not fill me with hope or joy.  He did make me stabby.  So I guess you are right in that I was filled with emotion, just not the emotion you were hoping for.  The first parts of the song showed the flaws in his voice but since it was religious and the coaches praise everything, no one was going to point out any issues.

Gwen is so disappointing as a coach.  She keeps focusing on makeovers rather than vocals.  Yes Gwen, you convinced two people to dye their hair and a child to get an unattractive blowout.  You are a great talent.

• Love 5

Jordan is currently number 1 on itunes, displacing Adele's Hello. I just don't get it. 

I am tempted to buy Amy's and Jeff's. 

I wish Madi sang Foolish Games instead of Who Will Save Your Soul. 

If I have to rank everyone

1 - Jeff

2 - Amy 

3 - Barrett

4 - Jordan 

5 - Madi 

The remaining acts are interchangeable. 

• Love 7

By this point last season I'd already stopped watching and listening to Sawyer, and this season the same has happened w/ Jordan. The Itunes rankings (aren't the end all be all, I know) are mystifying to me. I mean Tessane Chin could sing rings around this guy and we haven't heard a peep out of her after the Voice. All these people buying the Itunes.....they really think he's the one to vault up into the land of commercial successes like Ed Sheeran, Adele, Sam Smith, Ariana Grande, Ellie Goulding etc.etc. after the show? Really?

Team Blake: Emily Ann improved....most notably she wasn't near as out of breath as she was last week which made her performance more enjoyable. But her vocal "firepower" is so limited w/in the country/bluegrass genre, she's going to have to carve out a career with songs like Kacey Musgraves or some of the softer type stuff that The Band Perry does. In fact if Blake doesn't give her "If I Die Young" next week I'll be floored. Barrett can go....although doing a non-country song wasn't a half bad idea. He's just so uncomfortable to watch perform. Zach completely whiffed the pimp spot. His performance last week will be his get out of jail free card though. That was seriously, seriously not even close to good.

Team Adam (non Jordan division): Amy really only had one play....and that was to flip a song from a totally different genre. She tried, and parts were somewhat enjoyable but she just doesn't seem to have the capacity to command the stage like some of the other softer, singer-songwritery types like Dia Frampton, or Caroline Pennell. Itunes sales didn't mean much for her last week, but now that we are no-longer voting intra-team I say she skates by for a couple more performances. Shelby almost did justice to a song I absolutely love. If it was a paper I had to grade I'd give her an 83%....the lowest B possible.

Team Gwen. At least Jeffery did something that was a bit more uptempo than all his previous offerings. It still is starting to sound a little same-y though. Why couldn't he have done the other James Bay song that people might actually know? Poor Braiden and Korin. Styx? Really, Styx? I mean Braiden gave a somewhat valiant effort.....but that was the wrong song and it was too much for him. More worried vote-wise for Korin (it has to come down to Mark and her probably). Where's the Korin of Samson or Cecelia and the Satellite? Gwen has warped her fashion and vision of what kind of artist she can and should be. And Gwen....stop looking for positive reinforcement every time by checking to see if Korin would record a song "like that". Too much of that song was pitched too low for the affectation in Korin's voice to really come through. If by some miracle she slips through this week, I hope Gwen would give her some agency on her styling and song choice both next week.

Team Pharrell: Madi.....eh, I guess the same as Jeffery in that I'm glad it wasn't a carbon copy of all her previous performances. I'm also happy that she isn't a 37 year old trapped in a 17 year old's body all the time. Just most of the time. The faux-reggae inflections in the music and some her embellishments straddled the line between being cool and being a bit forced IMO. For as current as Evan sounded in his blind and in his battle w/ Riley, Pharrell has done an amazing job making him sound extremely dated. At one point I might have said he would be threat to make the finale, now I think top 8 might be his ceiling. Mark, the less said about Mark and Phil Collins is probably for the better. I'd give the edge to Korin slightly in terms of who I'd like to see at least get one more performance, but won't be shocked if Mark sneaks through for one more week.

Edited by PhD-Purgatory15
  • Love 1

They really should stop telling us how young some of these singers are because much of tonight felt like a high school talent show.   There were just so many weak performances.  I skipped many of the judges’ comments since I knew they would tell them how great they were even if there were major issues. 

And no, Adam, Jordan did not fill me with hope or joy.  He did make me stabby.  So I guess you are right in that I was filled with emotion, just not the emotion you were hoping for.  The first parts of the song showed the flaws in his voice but since it was religious and the coaches praise everything, no one was going to point out any issues.

Gwen is so disappointing as a coach.  She keeps focusing on makeovers rather than vocals.  Yes Gwen, you convinced two people to dye their hair and a child to get an unattractive blowout.  You are a great talent.

The reason it felt like a high school talent show tonight was not just the age of the singers, it was how amateurish and awkward most of the performances were. The even seemed to be intentionally exposing how limited these kids are with terrible song choices (Braiden) or staging (Emily Ann). As for song choices, by and large, I'm speechless. Styx? Kenny Loggins? "Against All Odd?" Just wow.

I knew that Adam was due to give Amy a contemporary song, but that Drake thing was really awful.  For something in that vein, I'd have rather heard her sing Sade. (Since it seemed to be '80s night. A bad and inappropriate song choice also hindered Maddie, one of the few remaining singers I think has genuine talent.  

And Muffyn, I'm with you on Jordan. Not my style of singing, or song, but aside from that, there were technical issues that are of course never going to be mentioned. Per the coaches last week, he is God's choice to win, so who are we mere mortals to argue? Only two questions remain in my mind. Will he get the pimp spot every week, and when are they going to have him sing "Bohemian Rhapsody?"

When it comes to vocal technique, Jordan is not within a mile of Jeffrey, who has far better control of his pitch and a lot more depth and color to his voice.. Technically, he may be the best singer I've heard on a singing competition show since Adam Lambert.

And yes, Gwen needs to go. She's not totally to blame, but this season it's really become "The Voice Makeover." Considering all the time that's been spent talking about hair and clothing, why even bother with "the blinds" anymore? This season seems to about seeing a bunch of young people overcome their shyness and become role models for other gawky unpopular teens. I understand the public service message, but for me it's killing what was supposed to be the one singing competition show actually about singing.

Edited by bluepiano
  • Love 5

The reason it felt like a high school talent show tonight was not just the age of the singers, it was how amateurish and awkward most of the performances were. The even seemed to be intentionally exposing how limited these kids are with terrible song choices (Braiden) or staging (Emily Ann). As for song choices, by and large, I'm speechless. Styx? Kenny Loggins? "Against All Odd?" Just wow.

I knew that Adam was going to give Amy a contemporary song after she did "The Way You Look Tonight," but that Drake song was pitiful. Is there really nothing better out there? A bad and inappropriate song choice also hindered Maddie, one of the few remaining singers I think has genuine talent.

And Muffyn, I'm with you on Jordan, even if we are a small minority. Not my style of singing, or song, but aside from that, there were technical issues that are of course never going to be mentioned. Per the coaches last week, he is God's choice to win, so who are we mere mortals to argue? Only two questions remain in my mind. Will he get the pimp spot every week, and when are they going to have him sing "Bohemian Rhapsody?"

When it comes to singing technique, Jordan is not within a mile of Jeffrey, who has far better control of his pitch and a lot more depth and color to his voice.. Technically, he may be the best singer I've heard on a singing competition show since Adam Lambert.

And yes, Gwen needs to go. She's not totally to blame, but this season it's really become "The Voice Makeover." Considering all the time that's been spent talking about hair and clothing, why even bother with "the blinds" anymore? This season is less about music and more about seeing a bunch of young people overcome their shyness and become role models for other gawky unpopular teens. I understand the public service message, but for me it's killing what was supposed to be the one singing competition show actually about singing.

Yes on absolutely every point you've made.and let me add two more:

Koryn looks worse post-makeover.

And Gwen was a much better coach when she was working with Gavin, her ex husband. Her contestants had better song choices and performed them better. Sigh.

• Love 2

I feel like there weren't that many good performances last night. The only ones I liked where: Barrett and Korin (though I was sad to see Gwen change her appearance, I like the way she was before since it was her). To be fair to Jordan, I started falling asleep on the couch around the time he performed.

Madi: distroyed that song, I though she would have a good performance since it fit her style. But the arrangement was awful. Other then the "who can save your soul" she screamed everything else.

Everyone else was also kind of meh, they weren't awful but not really rememberable either.

Edited by blueray

Jordan's definitely going to win it all, which I guess is okay because he seems like a genuine person and he can sing. I'm not apeshit over him, though, like some people and the fact that he did religious last night was nothing special since Emily Ann did it just last week or last year: good gods this show seems to have been on forever at this point.

Wasn't super impressed with anyone, but I think it's the song choices. Are the coaches still choosing the songs?

Barrett, just UGH. There's something weird about him that has nothing to do with his singing. And I do NOT enjoy watching him so if I can't understand the words, I want nothing to do with him because why would I want to watch HIM and CLOSED CAPTIONING when the whole point of music is how the WORDS and music make you feel. He's so mush mouthed, he should have been gone ages ago.

Jeffrey's really talented but it's too bad that he's on the same season as Jordan.

I said this last week and it bears repeating: PLEASE no more Gwen as a judge on this show unless they have serious talks with her about her performance as a judge of SINGING. Not, makeovers, which by the way, are not that successful. I think she let Craig Wayne Boyd's haircut go to her head. I hate Braiden without his curly mop top and glasses and I really did not care for Korin's platinum blonde do. And most of her critiques?? "You're so cute, you're so adorable, etc., etc." Please NBC or whomever, there has to be another female singer out there that would rotate with Christina.

• Love 5

I said this last week and it bears repeating: PLEASE no more Gwen as a judge on this show unless they have serious talks with her about her performance as a judge of SINGING. Not, makeovers, which by the way, are not that successful. I think she let Craig Wayne Boyd's haircut go to her head. I hate Braiden without his curly mop top and glasses and I really did not care for Korin's platinum blonde do. And most of her critiques?? "You're so cute, you're so adorable, etc., etc." Please NBC or whomever, there has to be another female singer out there that would rotate with Christina.

Aw, I enjoyed Gwen during the blinds and even battles and knock outs. She chose good songs for her team. So I don't mind having her back. She just sucks at thinking of something interesting on the spot during lives. Christina wasn't stellar during live shows either.

I hate the makeover for Korin though. Way to strip any individuality that she had. I thought her confidence also went away with her long hair (Samson, indeed. Heh.) Bring back Korin's funky hipster style!

• Love 2

I just watched this and agree with all who said it was boring.  The lighting was terrible!  Even their faces were in the dark. 

Korin's hair is tragic. There was no need for that.  Tweak her clothing, maybe but do not ever bleach hair that long.  It will be a nightmare for her to deal with on top of looking terrible.  

• Love 3

I never cared for Jeffery... He had a nasal type voice that just did not do much for me. That said, he was the best performance of the night and I voted 10 for him because of it. Jordan, I just love him and if he wanted to do a spiritual hymn this was the night to do it (going down to 11, before stakes are too high) but there are so many other hymns or even gospel revival I would have selected over his choice. Shelby I felt came in strong and at least moved me, so she should be good this round. Emily Ann and Barrett were two of my favorites until now... I like them as people and want to vote for them but both performances were just decent. I think sunshine did a solid performance. i just struggled with the fact that the show overall was lack luster and I agree too many dated songs. Someone said upstream Pharell has managed to typecast Evan and I agree, it will hurt him in the end. i do think Evan had the potential to take this far but not with the direction Pharell is taking him.

I really wish Jordan wasn't on this season.  It would be interesting who would top the charts each week and become the fave.  It has already become the season that the coaches gush about Jordan.  I just don't get it.  At this point I just wish they would have Jordan sing first so I could tune in late and miss him.  I already know what his performance will be like every week.  No surprises.  Yes, he is talented.  But it just isn't my taste.  

It was not a good night for performances.  Everyone seemed to have problems.  Barrett might be OK if I didn't have to watch him.  I know he is a drama teacher.  But does he have to be so dramatic when he sings?  Everyone seemed to be so busy walking around the stage that they lost the song at times.  

Watching Pharrell crack up (when Blake made the comment about Gwen singing to him on the Tonight Show) was amusing. Pharrell really lost it for a moment. 

• Love 3

And yes, Gwen needs to go. She's not totally to blame, but this season it's really become "The Voice Makeover." Considering all the time that's been spent talking about hair and clothing, why even bother with "the blinds" anymore? This season seems to about seeing a bunch of young people overcome their shyness and become role models for other gawky unpopular teens. I understand the public service message, but for me it's killing what was supposed to be the one singing competition show actually about singing.

Yes, it was more about "the Voice" when Rhianna was giving good advice about vocals earlier this season.

Watching Pharrell crack up (when Blake made the comment about Gwen singing to him on the Tonight Show) was amusing. Pharrell really lost it for a moment.

That whole thing was funny and shocking (that Blake would mention it) and Pharell losing it cracked me up. bUt to his credit he turned it around to say it was Amy's moment and gave her some comments. Blake should have thought about the fact he was robbing his own singer time to "sing her praises".
  • Love 2

Yes times infinity.  Take the most quirky, unique performer left in the group and attempt to turn her into a Mini Me.  Epic fail.

• Love 2

Pre-finals Hot Digital Songs T15 charters:

#3 S3 Cassadee/Over You (T10)
#6 S3 Cassadee/Stupid Boy (Semis)
#8 S7 Matt/Blower’s Daughter (T8)
#9 S5 Matthew/Hallelujah (T12)
#13 S7 Craig/The Old Rugged Cross (Semis)
#14 S9 Jordan/Halo (Playoffs)
#14 S5 Tessanne/Bridge Over Troubled Water (Semis)

Halo tied for 6th-highest; how high will Great Is Thy Faithfulness be, especially considering that the Bieber songs will likely be affected by people trading in their songs for the album as a whole? Could Over You be matched or beaten?

How the T12 have stacked up against each other in the rounds so far on iTunes:

Top Auditions - Jordan, Amy, Shelby, Barrett (All made T100; next highest is below #300.)

Top Battles - Barrett, Mark, Korin, Jordan, Amy (The ones who made T200.)

Top Knockouts - Amy, Jordan, Madi, Braiden, Korin (The ones who made T100.)

Top Playoffs - Jordan, Emily, Barrett, Zach, Madi

T12 - Jordan, Amy, Jeffery, Barrett, Emily

Most consistent: #1 Jordan - 1st, 2nd, 4th, 1st, 1st
#2 Amy - 1st, 5th, 2nd, 2nd
#3 Barrett - 3rd, 1st, 4th, 4th

#4 Emily - 2nd, 5th
#5, 6 Madi, then Korin - 5th, 3rd
1 placement - Jeffery, Zach (lives); Braiden, Shelby, Mark
Nothing - Evan

It was a big night of meh. to me.  The first hour was just pretty bad.  I ended up leaving to run some errands.  I came back just in time to hear the coaches singing Jordan's praises.  When Zach closed the show I thought- really was that the best from the rehearsals?!? yikes.  I watched the performances I missed today on video and feel like I didn't miss much. 

I thought that Jeffery, Shelby & Korin  (I might put Madi in this group too) were o.k. not great, not terrible.

Jordan I thought was good but not perfect.  There were some issues.

Amy I wanted to like more for trying something different but it didn't really work in my opinion.

The rest- eh. any of them can go.

So they are only eliminating 1 this week and going to a top 11.  I'd rather lose 2 and get to a top 10.

Oh, and I know the song was picked before this weekend, but wow, knowing the emotional advantage that Jordan was going to have singing a religious song right after the tragedies this weekend? The producers should have put him first right after the opening when they talked about Paris.

Totally agree with Nextian on what would have been the better placement for Jordan.

• Love 1

That whole thing was funny and shocking (that Blake would mention it) and Pharell losing it cracked me up. bUt to his credit he turned it around to say it was Amy's moment and gave her some comments. Blake should have thought about the fact he was robbing his own singer time to "sing her praises".

Amy is on Team Adam, not Team Blake. Also, Adam was the one who started needling Blake about whether he knew the song. One of Adam's favorite go to jokes.

I'll use this opportunity to reiterate how much I disliked that performance. It was dull and I didn't like Amy's vocals. America bought it itunes (it's in the top 10 and one spot below Drake's version) so now I'm not too thrilled with America's taste.

Also, Pharrell and Gwen will be very lucky if only one singer is eliminated. 

• Love 2

I have forgotten the next step.  Is there one elimination tonight or two? 

One more thing about Gwen that got me.  Everyone knew Regina would never survive a viewer vote.  So why save her?  She does not exhibit good sense.  She will be back next year because of her romance with Blake.  If that fizzles we might see someone new.  

Bluepiano, thank you for your post.  Yes, yes, yes.  You’re right; it’s not the ages of the performers that makes this high school talent show.  It’s the performances.  Braiden doing Styx was incredibly weak.  It showed every possible flaw.  He does not have the gravitas for that (silly) song.  That started my disgust with the show for the night. I wasn’t familiar with the song Amy did.  The beginning was so awkward I thought she flubbed it.  I looked up the lyrics and apparently she was correct.  So maybe it was just me. Mark was terrible.  He was all over the place.  This was another song choice that highlighted the singer’s weaknesses.   If they’re going to mine the oldies for this show, why not find one the person can sing well?    Emily Ann continued the in over their head theme. 

And not only does this show under light most of the performances, they also undermic some of the performers.  They never seem to get Madi right.  I really wonder how different things look and sound in the auditorium rather than on TV.  Do they remember that the TV viewers are voting?  It would help if they optimized the TV experience rather than the live one.

Finally, the thing that still had me angry this morning was all the talk about the makeovers.  It is one thing to make over a performer hoping that will add to their appeal.  It is another thing to keep pointing it out.  These are people, not dolls to dress up.  My performance look is different from my day-to-day.  However, it is still me, just a more pulled together, flashier version.  Can they help the performers with appearing more professional and appealing without changing them completely and then pointing out how they pushed for new hair?  Or, short version, shut up Gwen.

• Love 4

I've become one of those people who stops watching shortly after the KOs... who knew? I like Madi, Korin, and Amy... but I don't like the way they're managed. The coaches' patter is annoying, Carson Daly is omg bad, the song choices make me weep or sleep... and there's too much filler. I'm not invested in anyone enough to seek them out on YT. I think Jordan's overpraised (by a lot), and I don't share his faith - so faith-based songs often make me feel a little stabby. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  I'll get all my news from you lot and be done with it.

• Love 3

I have forgotten the next step.  Is there one elimination tonight or two? 

One more thing about Gwen that got me.  Everyone knew Regina would never survive a viewer vote.  So why save her?  She does not exhibit good sense.  She will be back next year because of her romance with Blake.  If that fizzles we might see someone new.  

Well, last season they eliminated 2 per week.  They has a bottom 3 and then the God-awful twitter save.  Carson said last night that one person would be going home, so I assume a bottom 2 and the twitter save?  Who knows though.  This show changes its rules more often than I change my sheets. 

Amy is on Team Adam, not Team Blake. Also, Adam was the one who started needling Blake about whether he knew the song. One of Adam's favorite go to jokes.

I'll use this opportunity to reiterate how much I disliked that performance. It was dull and I didn't like Amy's vocals. America bought it itunes (it's in the top 10 and one spot below Drake's version) so now I'm not too thrilled with America's taste.

Also, Pharrell and Gwen will be very lucky if only one singer is eliminated. 

I'm tired of Adam and his Blake-is-such-a-hick-he-knows-no-current-songs- shtick.  It's old.  I'm sick of Gwen always commenting on how "pretty" everyone looks.  I don't give a rat's ass about watching the contestants pick out clothes from their Kohl's collection.  I am, however, grateful for the FF button so I can skip right on past Grimmie.

I know that Amy's performance last night wasn't the greatest, but I still like her.  I'm rooting for her, Korin and Madi which means they'll be eliminated soon.  Jeffrey has a great voice, but he's just not my cup of tea. 

I remember a time when I loved this show and was excited to watch it each week.  The contestants were diverse  - age, musical styles, personal styles.  It was fun.  Now, it's just boring.  I have no motivation to watch or vote knowing that Jordan is going to win.  It was the same with Sawyer last season.  I hung in for awhile, but bailed the last couple of weeks and never bothered with the finale.   Seeing that The Voice has yet to really produce a successful winner (yes, I suppose Cassidy has been successful, but I don't follow her career) maybe they need to change the formula. 

Edited by beaker73
  • Love 5