Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, TobinAlbers said:

Katie's no longer is the sole torch bearer of Storm's legacy and can let go of that burden.

Can we PLEASE get through one of HT's goddamned scenes WITHOUT her crying? Just ONE? I have always said that KKL and HT have Gatorade IV drips set up backstage with the amount that they blubber through their scenes. UGH.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

KB is fantastic at being able to drop a single tear as she is able to act with her eyes. 

Katie’s scar comes and goes depending on the day of the week. 

Flo is now in a real bind on the Beth issue. If it wasn’t for Hope’s rambling, Flo would have gotten the truth out before she found out Flo was her cousin. 

Unless the truth comes out soon, Stuffy will have to deal with PhoBeth being Hope’s 2nd cousin.  Also, Taylor will have to deal with the fact she purchased a Logan baby and when the truth comes out, it will be the same. 

• Love 6

William DeVry's turn as AMC's evil rapist Michael Cambias means yesterday's flashbacks were kind of wasted on me.  But it's kind of funny that he has been tangential to 2 baby switch storylines.

Flo's mom can go away now, even if it means less screen time for Quinn. 

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, tessaray said:

William DeVry's turn as AMC's evil rapist Michael Cambias means yesterday's flashbacks were kind of wasted on me.  But it's kind of funny that he has been tangential to 2 baby switch storylines now.

Flo's mom can go away now, even if it means less screen time for Quinn. 

Three baby switch storylines with his character over on GH 😂

Thorne, Storm, Ridge, and Bill got around back in the day and apparently all serviced the same women. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Oh please. Does anyone remember the last time--before this week--that any of the Logans mentioned Storm? Now all of a sudden the sisters are practically building an altar to him.

Flo gets it. The coincidence between her and Hope and Hope's baby is definitely ridiculous. And why did the test results say only 52% match to Storm? Shouldn't it be like 99%?

Hope was smirking when Shauna was telling Flo about her wild past. It's like she was glad Shauna had been a party girl. Whatever, she didn't waste any time trying to glom onto her new cousin. Poor Flo.

So Flo basically helped Reese traffick her own cousin's child. Will she finally do the right thing and get Phoebeth back?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Unless the truth comes out soon, Stuffy will have to deal with PhoBeth being Hope’s 2nd cousin.  Also, Taylor will have to deal with the fact she purchased a Logan baby and when the truth comes out, it will be the same. 

I think that's first cousin once removed isn't it?  Hope's kids (Beth) and Flo's kids would be second cousins. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Oh please. Does anyone remember the last time--before this week--that any of the Logans mentioned Storm? Now all of a sudden the sisters are practically building an altar to him.

Flo gets it. The coincidence between her and Hope and Hope's baby is definitely ridiculous. And why did the test results say only 52% match to Storm? Shouldn't it be like 99%?

ITA. I certainly don't remember "Saint Storm." I recall a borderline psychopath who shot Stephanie and stalked Ashley Abbott.  I thought he was creepy AF.  Shauna (and Flo) were both probably better off in the long run not knowing. 

• Love 3

I liked original Storm. He was played Ethan Wayne (son of John) but got lost in the Ron Moss shadow. Storm was a boring blue collar guy with three crazy sisters. LOL!!! I had forgotten that William DeVry played him. I found this picture of him. Doesn’t KKL look amazing. 

955CE7D6-9F24-4206-B75C-803BC8F91A6D.jpeg

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 6

Hey what’s wrong w shooting Stephanie?🤪😂

seriously though had he lived on that act of violence would have been brushed past like everyone else’s. 

I’m glad Flo is Storm’s because it ties her to all the Logan’s, also as much as she and Hope resemble each other she also has facial features similar to KKL/Brooke and AJ/Bridget. If you put all the Logan women in a photo together you’d really believe they were in RL related. She and Hope have a nice chemistry. 

Don Diamont/ Bill ages like fine wine. 

• Love 10

Not much to say about Friday's show except...…..boring. Just a bunch of filler, and Hope rambling. I love the girl, but how many times in the same scene do we need to establish that Flo is now our cousin? I was anxious for the crew to skedaddle on over to Brooke's and get some shit stirred up. 

6 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Doesn’t KKL look amazing.

Yes she does. This was the period where she really rocked it, at least for me. I also liked the short hair era:

1204360188_brookeshorthair.jpg.13b74a74be48c6ee73cf4f16bef053eb.jpg

I absolutely loved her in that pixie haircut!

19 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

ITA. I certainly don't remember "Saint Storm." I recall a borderline psychopath who shot Stephanie and stalked Ashley Abbott.  I thought he was creepy AF.  Shauna (and Flo) were both probably better off in the long run not knowing. 

What I remember about the original Storm was a vanilla character, who was very protective of his sisters. He definitely had a chip on his shoulder, and he didn't like Ridge at all. But I don't remember him being a bad guy, however, like so many other's, they took the character off the rails and turned him into someone unrecognizable. 

• Love 3

Orignal Storm (Stormy) with orignal Donna (Carrie Mitchum). Ethan Wayne was the ole around good guy but Storm was boring and was overshadowed by the characters of Ridge & Thorne. 

20E76803-25F7-4714-A9EB-BCAA83160717.jpeg

• Love 5

Its unfortunate that Storm got harranged and defined by his shooting escapade (spawned in part by finding out Stephanie set Brooke up to be attacked by Andy) when Rick and Thomas have both fired weapons over less. Plus, he actually *did* go off to work on himself which is more than I can say for his nephew after he fired at Ridge and Caroline and got a promotion because he made Eric money by raising prices.

• Love 3
On 4/12/2019 at 8:57 PM, tessaray said:

I think that's first cousin once removed isn't it?  Hope's kids (Beth) and Flo's kids would be second cousins. 

Hope and Flo are first cousins so their children are second cousins I’m quite sure. 

• Love 2

My stupid head; now I see this happening:

The Logan girls engage in a custody battle with Taylor and Steffy to get PhoBeth back into their newly discovered niece's arms. The Logan's stance will be that Flo made an ill thought out decision when she thought she had no alternatives. Her circumstances have now changed, and she has family and she has resources. More importantly, PhoBeth is Storm's child, he should be raised by his natural family. Taylor will see it as another attack on her family, and her daughter's happiness by the Evil Logans. Taylor and Steffy will say there is no need to rip PhoBeth out of Steffy's loving arms, that they will have access to PhoBeth whenever they want. The battle for custody will uncover the "irregularities" of the adoption, and now with an extended blood family stepping in for the child, the judge will award Flo custody. Since PhoBeth is the only thing that has brought Hope peace, Flo will let Hope and Liam adopt her, solving all the problems, without anyone being the wiser or going to jail, and Hope and Liam will have their daughter back. 

It's good and it's bad, but I hate it all the same. I still want people to pay. I know Steffy and Taylor are victims too, but they should at least have to pay for being stupid as fuck. And for not doing their full due diligence before buying a baby. However, Dr. Dark, his see no evil, hear no evil, tell no evil daughter and Flo should all be prosecuted. He should lose his license and go to jail, and the ladies should at least get criminal records and some kind of probation. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 4:55 PM, ByaNose said:

Orignal Storm (Stormy) with orignal Donna (Carrie Mitchum). Ethan Wayne was the ole around good guy but Storm was boring and was overshadowed by the characters of Ridge & Thorne. 

20E76803-25F7-4714-A9EB-BCAA83160717.jpeg

Wait, what?  The granddaughter of Robert Mitchum and the son of John Wayne were on B and B as a couple?  And they were boring? 😕

33 minutes ago, bannana said:

The granddaughter of Robert Mitchum and the son of John Wayne were on B and B as a couple? 

No, they were Storm & Donna, brother and sister.  But then again, knowing this show 🤢

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 4/13/2019 at 10:02 PM, Waldo13 said:
On 4/12/2019 at 8:57 PM, tessaray said:

Hope and Flo are first cousins so their children are second cousins I’m quite sure. 

https://blog.oxforddictionaries.com/2013/08/30/naming-of-cousins/

Hope and Flo are 1st cousins...Flo and Phoebeth are 1st cousins once removed...if Flo had a child, he/she and Hope would be 1st cousins once removed, and he/she and Phoebeth would be 2nd cousins.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1

I'm not even a Logan superfan, but I found myself wiping my eyes this afternoon as they all enveloped Flo into the family. I really like the actress, I wish they could redo her part in the baby-selling. 

• Love 5

Come on. The show is only 20 min and the reveal, of Flo being a Logan, took almost 5 minutes.  That and Quinn ragging on Bill allowed only a few minutes, at the end, for the pregnant pause of the day.  I’m betting that the PhoBeth reveal won’t be until Stuffy returns.

• Love 2

Whoo, did not like the blouse Brooke was wearing today. Those crumb catcher sleeves? Fashion don't.

Flo doesn't seem thrilled to be suddenly brought into the Logan woman coven.

So if Storm had known he had a kid maybe he wouldn't have shot himself and Katie would be dead instead because she didn't get the heart transplant in time? Lol, Donna wasn't really thinking about what she was saying. She's such a bubblehead.

Does Katie have both the same parents as Donna and Brooke? Her dark hair really stood out to me in that room full of blondes today.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Does Katie have both the same parents as Donna and Brooke? Her dark hair really stood out to me in that room full of blondes today.

Yes.  Katie is the only non-blonde because she is the only Logan who doesn't dye her hair 🙂 .

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, nkotb said:

I'm not even a Logan superfan, but I found myself wiping my eyes this afternoon as they all enveloped Flo into the family.

I cried too, it reminded of classic B&B, with the middle class Valley-residing Logans.  I also loved the heart transplant storyline.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

“Justin on your way out if you could tell Georgina to BE MORE SPECIFIC on which Mrs Forrester is here to see me” -Bill 😂 

“Puhlease you know the Logan’s ... they’re definitely crying.” -Quinn 

Agreed Flo seemed a bit overwhelmed and wary of the Logan’s although Donna and Katie’s ramblings would have made anyone feel awkward. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, nkotb said:

I'm not even a Logan superfan, but I found myself wiping my eyes this afternoon as they all enveloped Flo into the family. I really like the actress, I wish they could redo her part in the baby-selling. 

As was mentioned earlier, I like that the show remembers they were all once so close. It makes some of the more recent stories with the Logans all the more unforgivable.

You know, someone mentioned a while ago that Liam's been an afterthought in this story where he should have a bigger role given he's Beth's dad....but my bias aside, I really haven't missed him the past few weeks. Maybe it's because of the oversaturation of the character these last few years, but I'm glad that more of this story has been about Hope and even Steffy as individuals than as a sideways battle for the world's limpest biscuit....which is what they needed ten years ago when they were both introduced as young women, but better late than never.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

The Katie character has always had dark hair while Donna and Brooke always had blonde hair.

Since Stephen Logan was played by Patrick Duffy, I'm assuming Katie's dark hair comes from him.

4 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

I cried too, it reminded of classic B&B, with the middle class Valley-residing Logans. 

I wish they could bring Dave the policeman (Brooke's first fiance) back, instead of Det. Sanchez.

What is going on with Jennifer Gareis/Donna's face? Botox? Fillers? What's going on? She looks way different.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 3

I will say that Brad Bell really planned the Flo story well with the casting of the actress who plays Flo. She really does look like Hope and the Logans (Katie....not so much). I know the soap writers plan these things out but the Flo reveal came so much later after the baby switch storyline. Do you think this was planned all along? Did he come up with it much later when he saw Flo & Hope together? Anyway, I think the casting played a big part in making the reveal seem on purpose.

• Love 5

I'm enjoying Denise Richards on the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills but not on B&B.  She's very animated in "real" life but on this show she has one facial expression.  One.  And I thought Ronn Moss was a bad actor!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I will say that Brad Bell really planned the Flo story well with the casting of the actress who plays Flo. She really does look like Hope and the Logans (Katie....not so much). I know the soap writers plan these things out but the Flo reveal came so much later after the baby switch storyline. Do you think this was planned all along? Did he come up with it much later when he saw Flo & Hope together? Anyway, I think the casting played a big part in making the reveal seem on purpose.

I really can't speak for Brad Bell, but my opinion is that they quickly realized that Flo is a great actress, & she has believable chemistry in every situation we've seen so far, they snagged her & tied her to the canvas via Storm. I wouldn't at all be surprised if she gets some sort of amnesia after the baby reveal, & can't remember her part, so they all have to forgive her & move on. Or, a brain tumor. I really think if they'd realized that she was staying, they wouldn't have brought her into such an irredeemable situation, like her part in the baby switch (plus, they probably would've given her a better name). I understand why they wanted someone who looked like Hope, for the baby switch to be believable, but I really think that they decided after seeing her on-screen, & how easily she fit in, that they needed to keep her. 

Worse characters have been redeemed. Luke raped Laura, & they were THE supercouple. Michael Baldwin dug a hole through a wall to get to Cricket, & they wound up engaged & best friends. Marlena was possessed by the devil, then was the town serial killer, & she's still looked at as a saint (I think I haven't watched "Days" in eons). Flo can be redeemed, but it'll be some work.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, nkotb said:

I really can't speak for Brad Bell, but my opinion is that they quickly realized that Flo is a great actress, & she has believable chemistry in every situation we've seen so far, they snagged her & tied her to the canvas via Storm. I wouldn't at all be surprised if she gets some sort of amnesia after the baby reveal, & can't remember her part, so they all have to forgive her & move on. Or, a brain tumor. I really think if they'd realized that she was staying, they wouldn't have brought her into such an irredeemable situation, like her part in the baby switch (plus, they probably would've given her a better name). I understand why they wanted someone who looked like Hope, for the baby switch to be believable, but I really think that they decided after seeing her on-screen, & how easily she fit in, that they needed to keep her. 

Worse characters have been redeemed. Luke raped Laura, & they were THE supercouple. Michael Baldwin dug a hole through a wall to get to Cricket, & they wound up engaged & best friends. Marlena was possessed by the devil, then was the town serial killer, & she's still looked at as a saint (I think I haven't watched "Days" in eons). Flo can be redeemed, but it'll be some work.

In theory, she didn't even do anything wrong. She didn't switch the babies and wasn't even pregnant. It's just a (pregnant) bump in the road. It can be easily resolved.

• LOL 1
31 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

In theory, she didn't even do anything wrong. She didn't switch the babies and wasn't even pregnant. It's just a (pregnant) bump in the road. It can be easily resolved.

Seriously, if Quinn can kidnap and rape Liam, and then emerge as Mrs. Eric F, than Flo can surely be forgiven for being an accessory after the fact.

1 hour ago, nkotb said:

Flo can be redeemed, but it'll be some work.

Jeez, she can be redeemed in a single scene.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Jeez, she can be redeemed in a single scene.

Flo: Hope and Liam, Beth didnt die. She was switched at birth nd Steffy has her.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Flo: Hope and Liam, Beth didnt die. She was switched at birth nd Steffy has her.

See? That wasn’t so hard now was it, Flo? 

• Love 5

For me, it's not that she participated in the baby switch. She was innocent through most of it & didn't know anyone involved, save for Dr. Shady. What I think will make people really have trouble forgiving her, is that Hope has poured her broken heart out to Flo numerous times, she's even told Flo things she hasn't told Liam, like that she goes to the Forrester rooftop & looks toward Catalina. Flo has known since nearly the beginning that Hope was the mother of the very much-alive Beth, she got closer to her, listened to her explain her pain repeatedly, & knows that Hope feels responsible & doesn't want to get pregnant again, for fear of losing yet another child. Flo knows that Phoebe is Beth, & has since almost the beginning, she knows that she could end Hope's pain in a nanosecond, but she hasn't said a word. She's had multiple opportunities, but she hasn't actually said anything. I don't think the baby switch per se would put her in the irredeemable category, but I think having a front row seat & watching Hope suffer & be in total misery, even to the point that Hope wants to step aside for her husband to be a family with Steffy, knowing that Beth is alive, is what will be the hard thing for everyone to accept.

I really like the actress, & I like the character, too, but I legit think that it won't be the easiest road to forgiveness. Brooke will probably be the hardest on her. I may be wrong, though, who knows? Flo may come clean about everything & be forgiven in time to be the maid of honor at Hope's wedding to Thomas in a few months. Just teasing, I hope. 

They did half-ass redeem Quinn, although, I think that was more of horny old Eric not caring what anyone thought, because he loved her & was happy with her. She really never tried to make amends with Liam that I recall.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Katie will be Flo's champion as she feels she's the sister closest to Storm.  Brooke will be the most unforgiving, not unjustifiably as her daughter's child was ripped away from her.  And Donna, of course, will be in the middle.

As pointed out above, many characters have come back from much worse and enjoyed redemption.  I'm glad they're doing that here.  The actress is good and the character is interesting. 

Also, as stated above, Flo's greatest misdeeds aren't criminal, they're immoral.  She did participate after the fact but more heinous, and hurtful to her new family, is the idea that she's kept this painful secret from Hope all this time.

• Love 6

It's a damn shame that $Bill & Quinn don't share more scenes together. They really sparkle. DD & RS were almost too much pretty for my screen, but just almost. I love that they had sort of a light scene, with $Bill even telling Quinn that she'd done a good job raising Wyatt. Sparkle.

Seeing 40-something Denise Richards, beside 50-or-60-something Kelly Lang was a shock. KKL looks at least 10 years younger than DR.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, drivethroo said:

The Katie character has always had dark hair while Donna and Brooke always had blonde hair.

If you remember when she and $Bill got married, she waxed on and on about how she was the ugly duckling and so different from her sisters. She's always been portrayed by a brunette, probably to differentiate her from her sisters (even though the original Donna, Carrie Mitchum [granddaughter of Robert], is naturally brunette but I remember her highlighted/dyed blonde as Donna - or blonder).

• Love 1
6 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I think I like that it happened so much later. The problem with too many B&B stories today are how rushed  many of them are (like the anvils falling re: Hope and Thomas)or the beats fall entirely out of order, like the Nicole baby drama where she went six months not giving a shit until she did and we'd all mentally moved on from it.

It helps too that Steffy is gone. While I'm sure they weren't expecting JMW's pregnancy when the initial story was drafted, this gives us all time to see Flo and Hope bond and have some moments that are about them and not about the Logan/Hamilton-hayes blood feud that will certainly be revisited once Steffy is back. And it's been absolutely refreshing to have Hope in a story of her own that isn't centered around her love life or Princess Stephanie. It's the type of story I expected in 2010 when Matula was cast and Bridget was still front and center but they never had one single scene together for six whole months.

(Bridget was also incredibly isolated from the Forresters AND Logans during that time and watching the show from that time back to back really, really highlights this. But that's another discussion about cast utilization).

At any rate, I'm here for anything that cut into the sad Hope all the time. If TIIC won't let her get real therapy (Not from Taylor the quack), at least put the focus on Flo getting to know her new family and the guilt eat her up.

• Love 11
35 minutes ago, lightninggirl said:

If you remember when she and $Bill got married, she waxed on and on about how she was the ugly duckling and so different from her sisters. She's always been portrayed by a brunette, probably to differentiate her from her sisters (even though the original Donna, Carrie Mitchum [granddaughter of Robert], is naturally brunette but I remember her highlighted/dyed blonde as Donna - or blonder).

Most of her waxing about the ugly duckling came because Katie had issues with acne as a teenager. It was her big story back in the 80s, when Donna got her friend Rocco to ask Katie out but of course he fell for Donna. Unfortunately, the Dep Bap channel that had the whole first season and part of the second got a strike for coyright and stopped uploading before I saw how that ended.

Funny thing is, it took me years to get used to the dark hair on Heather Tom. She'd been blonde on Y&R for as long as I remembered and I thought that was her natural hair color. Now, I wonder why the hell she ever went that light in the 90s hahaha

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Anna Yolei said:

Most of her waxing about the ugly duckling came because Katie had issues with acne as a teenager. It was her big story back in the 80s, when Donna got her friend Rocco to ask Katie out but of course he fell for Donna.

OMG Rocco! You're so right - I forgot about her pining for him and her acne. I haven't thought about him in years!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I think Flo being Storms daughter is a good move..but the show will focus on the Hope angle..not on the irony of Storm vowing to be a good dad and not be like his dad..and letting his anger at his dad ruin his life....and the huge irony of having a child he never knew about.  Would have been a great angle to have explored..imho

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

I think Flo being Storms daughter is a good move..but the show will focus on the Hope angle..not on the irony of Storm vowing to be a good dad and not be like his dad..and letting his anger at his dad ruin his life....and the huge irony of having a child he never knew about.  Would have been a great angle to have explored..imho

It makes it all the more stupid that he was killed off in the way that he was. It was a great story, but there was so much more potential with him  they could've explored...like all the anger issues Rick has had over the past decade. I get that at the time there were no viable romantic options for him, which is often the deciding factor as to who stays and goes, but it just shows how limited and myopic the writing is on this show.

• Love 6

What is it about Flo that Quinn is so enamored with? I don't see what is Flo bringing to the table besides her, uh, sparkling personality. And right now she barely has a job, though I imagine she's now going to be cut into the Logan fortune (mostly via Forrester and Spencer marriages) somehow. At the very least they'll get her hired at FC.

OMG, Hope is insufferable to me. It's like she lives in her own fantasy world where all roads lead to her and everything can be explained in terms of how it relates to her.

I like Shauna. She gets right to the point and zeroes in with precise questions, boom, boom, boom. But now that she knows she's probably going to advise Flo to keep her mouth shut about Phoebeth. Shauna owes nothing to the Logans and would not want to see her kid in criminal jeopardy.

• Love 9

Well, thank goodness we were treated, once again, to Saint Hope. She apologized twice (or was it three times) to Flo and Shauna for assuming they had the same fantastic, amazing, wonderful relationship that she and her mom had plus being bestest friends forever. Who the hell writes this absolute crap? Why can’t they write this woman as a real human being for once? If I were Liam, I’d run off with any other woman  on the planet, even Steffy or Flo. Please, writers! Get this story over with so we can move on!!!!

• Love 10