Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

(edited)
3 hours ago, JD5166 said:

While I believe Katie is going to go off the rails, I think Quinn was daydreaming that sequence. If not, how would Katie think she is going to get away with shooting Quinn right there at Forrester!? 

Same way Rick did. Eric and Co. will cover it up!

Nobody does jail time on this show. Do they even have a jail set? People are taken in for questioning and even handcuffed but that's about it.

4 hours ago, Broken Ox said:

I figure the gun's empty. I see Charlie needing to pull his one bullet out of his shirt pocket if he needs to shoot anyone.

That would be a hilarious twist that the gun is indeed not loaded.

Interesting that they don't play Katie having an aversion to guns she since was shot herself. I see her as more of a stabby sort which given Quinn's love of the blade would be the ultimate irony that she gets cut/done in by one.

If Quinn is indeed fantasizing this, it'll be yet another fakeout after Quinn dreaming Katie went splat. Fool me once show, shame on me, fool me twice...not cool. 

But that makes me think that the third time they pull a shocking twist it'll be the real deal and it won't be Quinn or Katie as the victims but either Eric or Ridge. Either way Brooke will be drawn back into the situation since both men have fathered her children, and Bill will have an investment for Will's sake if it's Katie who is the instigator.

However if it somehow pulls Wyatt into the story somehow protecting/covering for Quinn or somehow Katie, he may finally be relevant again.

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 7

Wow! Double dose of crazy bitch today. I like the contrast between Katie's OTT psychotic raving and Nicole's stone cold passive-aggressive quiet lunacy.

I don't quite understand Katie's raving about how she "always plays by the rules," etc.  No she doesn't. We've always discussed her past transgressions and uh, the four fingers holding the gun are pointing back at herself with her latest -- blackmail.  That's straying pretty far off the righteous high moral path in my book. Kissing your husband's son is pretty bad but it's not a full-blown crime like blackmail is.

I suspect that Ivy or Ridge will walk in at the last moment and rescue Quinn.  ITA. Eric should have had the balls to fire Katie instead of dumping it off on Quinn. He was the one who abruptly switched gears and canned her designs and said to fire her.  That didn't make any sense and goes completely against the grain of how Eric has behaving -- "there is always a place at FC for Katie," "give her a signature jewelry collection," etc. IIRC, FC was renown for always  being able to create insta-positions for Forresters and Logans in need of work.

Charlie should be fired over this. Who leaves a security position in the middle of the day to go to the steam room? Secondly, why didn't Pam join him? /snerk! At the very least, if Charlie was going on a break, he should have locked up his firearm.

I really liked Quinn's dress today!

• Love 15

It doesn't even make sense why Katie is so obsessively bothered. 

@Ladybugnine and y'all if you wanna fast and neat way to respond without doing the whole post or recap if you type the @ and the posters name right after the names appear in a drop down and you select it and it turn black. This way it's easy to quote or respond if you don't wanna do a big quote box! Also,  this sends the person quoted a notification alert. That's especially helpful in very busy threads so you can find the comment or question... also in threads you don't check often so ya know if there's a pal out there waiting to be acknowledged. ?

• Love 4
(edited)
12 hours ago, JD5166 said:

While I believe Katie is going to go off the rails, I think Quinn was daydreaming that sequence. If not, how would Katie think she is going to get away with shooting Quinn right there at Forrester!? 

9 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

If Quinn is indeed fantasizing this, it'll be yet another fakeout after Quinn dreaming Katie went splat. Fool me once show, shame on me, fool me twice...not cool.

I hope the show doesn't go there, but this being a daydream sequence was my 1st thought.  I guess we'll see!

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1

Dum dum dum, Charlie what have you done?

Dum dum dum, idiot done lost his gun

Katie’s got a gun

Katie’s got a gun

Her whole world’s come undone

And working at Forrester is no longer fun

What on earth did Eric do?

Giving Katie’s designs the poo poo

Then making Quinn deliver the news

Sparking histrionics and accusatory views

But Katie thinks Quinn had it comin’

And now that Katie’s got that gun

She ain’t never gonna be the same

Katie’s got a gun

Katie’s got a gun

Cause Charlie’s too stupid for words

And now she’s got Quinn on the run

Quinn says this is untrue

This is from Eric, not me you fool

Your jacked up designs and fugly waist chains

Gave Eric a headache and stomach pains

Now Eric says there is no place for you at Forrester

That is the over and the under

Me and Ivy tried to tell you about mounting this campaign

Run away, run away from this office

Run away, run away from this place

Run away, run away and get outta my face

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Katie’s got a gun

Katie’s got a gun

Her insanity simply stuns

And showing everybody her inner demons

What on earth has Eric done?

His criticism has really toasted Katie’s buns

So Katie will take Quinn down easy

Swinging Charlie’s pistol and making Quinn all queasy

Katie said because she ain’t had it easy

And Quinn and Ridge are sleazy

Girl ain’t never gonna be the same

Run away, run away from this office

Run away, run away from this place

Run away, run away and get outta my face

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Katie’s got a gun

Katie’s got a gun

And now the fun has just begun

Katie’s got a gun

She’s will tell everyone about her burdens

Because Katie got a gun

• Love 14

I agree also that Eric should have had the bullocks to break it to Katie that he was letting her go, and why.  Chain of command and all that is fine, but he was the one who helped to feed "poor Katie's" delusions of grandeur.   Oh, now you're realizing that Katie shouldn't be mollycoddled with a position in an attempt to force a square peg into a round hole?  Someone should have spoken up the moment that deluded child started ticking off her professional accomplishments--none of which she earned on her own merit.  She was a joke as CEO of Forrester Creations and she nearly ran Spencer Publications into the ground while she played at being part-time CEO while sitting in Bill's chair.  I had to laugh at Eric's ridiculous claim of how rationale Katie is.  Um, Eric--just hush.  Katie behaves like this to every bit of bad news she receives, whether it is a split end, a hang nail, a CEO's decision to make Brooke and Rumple co-vice presidents, discovering that her plan to bring her sister and husband together worked all too well, the disbelief that Donna would dare to agree with Brooke about the source of her anger, and everything else along the spectrum.  How could Eric have possibly forgotten how he had to calmly set Katie straight just a few short years ago when she barged into his company to snarl about his decision about who to place in executive positions?  Even worse, she did it while pointing her finger in his face.  No matter what the bad news is, it becomes a full blown-out crisis when Katie gets a hold of it.  Frankly, the histrionics, the shrieking, the revisionist history replete with "alternative facts," the snarkiness, and self-righteousness have all become downright exhausting.  The only thing I will give her credit for is that she doesn't go on Twitter to vent her anger.  It's like watching Jan Brady and her dramatics; but at least Jan was a teenager.  Katie is a 40-something woman, who never really grew up.  

5936ae428157b_Jandrama.jpg.e8a8fddd7de5428885b2783ab7f3475f.jpg

And, don't you just love Katie's selective amnesia?  I'm sure she was "try[ing] to do everything right" when she went after Nick, when she faked a heart attack, went after Ridge to rub Brooke's nose in it, manipulated Bill and Brooke into a relationship only to condemn them for it when they actually fell in love, and all other manner of manipulations.  The total lack of self-awareness on the character's part is unbelievable.  Missing in all of this is that Katie wants Eric.  Katie obviously sees herself and Eric as two aggrieved people who have been shat upon all their lives, but let's not kid ourselves here.  They can both give as good as they get.  

• Love 16
On 6/3/2017 at 6:58 AM, AngelKitty said:

So was anyone else annoyed there was a bed in the living room of the guest house. I'm sure there was a separate bedroom in the past. Unless it's a different guest house.

Not nearly as annoyed, or WTFy about the bed as I am still about the bathtub in the living room of the apartment/condo/townhouse that was used by $Bill, then Steffy (who bonked her head in it, causing Liam to save her, hence, "Captain Save-a-ho", starting the Steam nonsense), then Rick & Maya, who I think were the last occupants. I'm all for edginess in deco, but just WTF was that??? 

• Love 6
19 hours ago, politichick said:

She also ordered all of those boxes of supplies for her creations, which also was nuts. She was hired to do administrative and marketing type tasks and after a couple of months in the room with Quinn and Ivy she thinks she's bloody Elsa Peretti and ready for a blue box collection.

The funniest part was that Katie was offended...offended I tell you...because Quinn told her she's more cut out to be an executive rather than a designer.  How DARE anybody say that Katie should be an executive!

• Love 10

Recap for Mon. 6/5/17:

I'll spare a few moments for the B story for today: the baby rabies drama.

Nicole is at the photo studio, holding Lizzie on her lap, and attempts to call Maya but reaches Rick instead.

Rick explains that Maya is away on a modeling shoot and Nicole is pissed.

Nicole.thumb.jpg.944e0f4993f32bfbcbcd3a23892aa13c.jpg

Nicole: "For some reason, Maya has Pam scheduled to look after Lizzie, which doesn't make any sense and, if I'm honest, it's insulting."

Coco comes into the studio then, just in time to hear Nicole tell Rick that she carried Lizzie for NINE MONTHS and she should be the one to look after her. She grouses about Maya's schedule and then disconnects. Far be it for me to take up for Maya, but WTF about Maya working? Is Nicole going to stay at home 24/7 when she has kids? I doubt it, but even if she does, she doesn't get to judge Maya for working outside of the home.

Nicole tells Coco she's upset because she should be the one looking after Lizzie as no loves her more. Um, I think her parents would beg to differ.

Pam comes in then and Nicole tells her she talked to Maya and she'll be taking care of Lizzie from now on.

Later, when she and Lizzie are alone, she tells the baby, "Mama's right here, sweetie." Oh no she did not! We already have one cuckoo for cocoa puffs on the rampage (more on that in a moment). 

Back in Paris (and seriously, I want some Brill honeymoon already!), Rick tells Maya about his conversation with Nicole.

Raya.thumb.jpg.fd9173c6581ac2519c837fb220cce50d.jpg

He's confused by the snarky attitude on the call, sharing her comments about "She said, 'I thought Maya was planning on being a mother, not fitting Lizzie in between pursuits of fame.'"

He feels like Nicole is suddenly questioning them as Lizzie's parents.

Maya is initially pissed off about the "fame" comment but then quickly calms down, reassuring Rick (and herself?) that it's "so sweet that Nicole wants to be so involved."

Rick: "She didn't sound sweet."

Maya insists they'll easily smooth things over once they return home. Rick doesn't look so sure.

Now, on to the main event. 

200.gif

Katie and Ivy are in the design office and Katie tells Ivy that Quinn is showing her jewelry designs to Eric and Ridge. Katie's dress is gorgeous, especially the upper arm cut-outs and the scarlet is a great color for her. So WTF is Ivy dressed so frumpy in a boring blue shirt and black slacks? She's still stunning because a Hefty bag couldn't hide that kind of beauty.

She looks so bored as Katie prattles on and on. I feel you, sister.

Ivy.thumb.jpg.3b3619244b9a45aae0c3c45a9ca661fc.jpg

An enthusiastic Katie remarks: "This job is the jolt I needed after a tough year." 

Katie_1.thumb.jpg.27335ea6368498c5d1f0b7c0fb87291d.jpg

Ivy is mercifully spared from having to make small talk until Quinn returns because Pam interrupts with a bunch of boxes. Apparently, Katie opted to order some supplies - without clearing that with Quinn or Ivy.

And then she hops into a time machine and back again, producing a waist belt, that she places on a surprised Pam. I thought these things went out when I still had the abs to wear them.

Pam's response: "It's different." She scurries off.

Katie gushes about how great the waist chain looked on Pam (ok....) and how she has this job that she feels really passionate about: "It took awhile but I think I'm right where I need to be." Famous last words...

In the CEO office, Eric is giving the stink eye to the designs and now has a better understanding of Quinn's concerns about Katie.

Ridge, desperate, tries to interject, saying they can make a few adjustments here and there, but Eric is having none of it. 

Eric: "We all know what has to happen here."

Quinn/Ridge (silently): "Oh fuuuucckkk."

Qridge.thumb.jpg.ba920e482833b41deda1b9fb0d5eba93.jpg

Ridge is on full-on panic mode now (as is Quinn) and questions if Eric is really going to fire Katie. And not to throw Katie a bone or anything, but couldn't they just agree that she can stay on and assist with PR (especially with Wyatt back at SP), something she's actually qualified for?

Eric is firm in his decision. He turns to Quinn: "I'm sure she'll be surprised but Katie's a rational person." Let me pause for a moment to guffaw at that statement.

Queric.thumb.jpg.4abb35af05174ad7012db82f8f70fb09.jpg

"She has to know this isn't working out." He tells Quinn to give Katie the news. Pussy...

Quinn exits, probably pissing down her leg, but resolute nonetheless.

Ridge paces like a caged animal and is concerned about what might happen.

Eric: "Do you know something I don't?" Obviously, Ridge isn't going to answer him.

In the design office, Quinn quickly dismisses Ivy so she can talk to Katie alone. 

She informs Katie that Eric and Ridge have reviewed her designs and won't be using them.

She goes into an explanation of Eric's point of view but it's obvious Katie isn't listening.

Quinn: "He's letting you go." Those words take a moment to penetrate, but it's like an explosion in Katie's head when they do sink in.

Katie, predictably loses it, dissolving into tears.

Quinn tries to salvage the situation, coming from around the desk towards Katie, "Katie, let me see what I can do. There has to be something here for you-"

Katie: "OHHHH! You think you're going to find me another meaningless job to placate me? So I'll keep my mouth SHUT?"

Quinn: "That's exactly what Eric was thinking-" He was? Well, that makes a little more sense then. Not that it matters to Katie.

Katie is full on clenched teeth as she rants: "I KNOW. I KNOW...your dirty little secret." She looks like she could chew Quinn's face right off. 

Katie_2.thumb.jpg.1e5f3541d1dbdfafcad1addbd5826676.jpg

Katie: "I thought you were SMARTER than this." Quinn sighs and looks down, at a loss. "I thought you knew that if you manipulated Eric into firing me, I would NEVER keep quiet." Quinn tries to protest that she didn't but Katie isn't hearing it.

Quinn: "No! You're keeping quiet because that is what we ALL agreed to do... for ERIC's sake." Katie just shakes her head. Quinn tries to reason with her (but you can't reason with crazy). "Look, you're going to get another job, maybe something here at Forrester, I will do everything in my power-"

Katie, cutting her off: "I don't have to answer to you anymore. A woman who has caused so much pain. Who is morally BANKRUPT! Integrity, decency, goodness...they mean NOTHING to you because you think you'll NEVER have to pay for what you've done. But you will because judgment day is coming!" She practically body slams Quinn who pushes her away.

Quinn.thumb.jpg.10aedcfcfaaa2b70dc8402fe4e2372bb.jpg

Quinn: "Katie, stop!"

Katie: "You are going to pay for EVERYTHING!" And I don't think we're just talking about her affair with Eric anymore. "You are going to pay for every horrible thing you've ever done. I will make sure of it!"

Quinn, still trying to push her off of her: "KATIE!" How no one is hearing their argument, I'll never know.

Katie, screaming now, "Maybe someone should just get RID of you!"

Quinn: "Katie, just stop!" She shoves her, hard, and Katie lands against one of the chairs across the room. "GOD!" She marches back around the desk.

Katie is rummaging around in her purse and the music swells as she stands and turns and Quinn's eyes widen as Katie produces a gun.

Katie_3.thumb.jpg.8bdd48e3fd90187a4d4d765486a8f20a.jpg

(Boring plot contrivance - Charlie left it lying on the desk and then traipsed off to the steam room. Fucking clueless dolt. Also, ewww...)

@RuntheTable - dammit! I was gonna use Katie's got a gun, but your lyrics are just too perfect. :-) But I've got another song up my sleeve.

Quinn, holding her hand up, pleading: "Oh my God...Katie...put that down!"

Katie, her hands shaking as she points the gun directly at Quinn: "Winners and losers." Her voice is breaking here, the tears streaming. "That's the kind of world we live in.  Where people like me...are alone...and people like you go home...to a beautiful house...to a beautiful man...who loves her."

Quinn looks scared and sick and ashamed.

Quinn_2.thumb.jpg.15e2f1beabfc9d5820ee494672d75233.jpg

Katie, her voice a scary whisper now, "You have no idea...what's it's like to lose." She points the gun for emphasis. Her entire body is shaking. "Maybe I should change that."

A close up of the gun in her shaking hands.

Katie: "Maybe I should just do it...and get rid of you...once and for all."

Quinn, begging now, "Katie...no!" 

But Katie ain't listening because she's going off the rails on a crazy train...

"Crazy, but that's how it goes

Everyone who's not me, living as foes

Maybe, but it's too late.

To learn how to love and forget how to hate.

Mental wounds not healing

My life's a bitter shame

I'm goin' off the rails on a crazy train

I've listened to preachers,
I've listened to fools
I've watched while Quinn, Ridge, and Brooke
make their own rules
But I want to be the one to rule and control
But that's not how they've sold it and I live my role

Mental wounds still screaming
Driving me insane

I know that things are going wrong for me
You gotta listen to my words, yeah, yeah

Heir of a cold war,
That's what I've become
Inheriting troubles,
I'm mentally numb
Crazy, I just cannot bear
I'm living with something that just isn't fair

Mental wounds not healing
Everyone else is to blame

• Love 14

So sorry @CountryGirl! The minute Katie jumped up with that gun in her hand (Shit! Now I have Hey Joe in my head!) all I could hear was Katie's Got A Gun. But Crazy Train is on point as well. 

If nothing else that scene goes to show how much our Quinn has changed. She looked like she might be reverting there for a minute, but it was just fear and her trying to protect herself. Old Quinn would have been a stabbing fool.

• Love 7

CountryGirl, your recaps are awesome and never fail to make me laugh out loud!  One of these days, I'm going to hunt you down and send you an invoice for the keyboard I'm going to have to replace after spitting water or tea all over it.

I'll say this on a more serious note.  It was kind of sobering to see this play out yesterday in light of what happened IRL.  Obviously, these scenes are filmed weeks in advance but it was still kind of spooky.  "Poor Katie's" adult life is one filled with grievance.  I don't understand how she is pissed at Quinn's offer to see if she could find something for her.  Didn't Katie all but blackmail herself into this job?

I'm not really here for the Avants, but I had to finally see for myself why Nicole's wig seems to generate more interest on Twitter than her storyline does.  Lord.  All I could think was, who is that pretty girl holding that beautiful baby while wearing that jacked-up wig?  I understand wanting to give your tresses some rest from flat irons, curling irons, and different products.  But, dang.  Given the number of high-end salons in Los Angeles, couldn't somebody in wardrobe hook her up with a decent lace front wig cut, colored and styled just for her?  Instead, it looks like something snatched off a wig mannequin bust at Sally's Beauty Supply.

• Love 11

What person in their right mind would give a loaded gun to a bumbling gopher like Charlie?  I wouldn't trust that guy with a water gun.  

I'm wondering how they're going to explain Katie's going ape shit bozo?  And her comments sound to me like she's getting into a "whoa is me" pattern when she has absolutely no reason for that.  She's got a lovely son, lives in what's supposed to be a very expensive and lavish neighborhood and she has family who cares for her.  If she wants to blame anyone for her life, how about the jacked up writers of this soap, who seem to have eyes for compartmentalized incest by having everyone intermarry their in laws.  They need new blood on this show so that Katie and others don't keep marrying shirt tail relatives.   

• Love 10

I'm glad they dusted off Julius so he can come back and be a heel (sarcasm).  When he said, "Lizzy looks at you and she knows...", I thought he was referring to the fact even a baby can see how awful RE's wig is.  Listening to their conversation, one would think the baby is 9 days old and Maya had been in Paris for 8 of those days.  Nice to see the same show that wanted bows for addressing trans-issues is now regressive on the issue of working mothers.

They should put Katie in Thorne's old office and let her design the FC line of straight jackets.

"How dare you comfort her!"  "You just stuck a gun in my face!!?!?!"  Did Katie forget that quickly?   

• Love 17

I'm just going to put this out there.  Katie being alone is all on her.  She pushed Brill together years ago and they fell in love.  She pushed Bill away the first time because she demanded   he be different and live by her impossible standards. Katie faked a heart attack to stop the "Return from Paris" Bridge wedding, which would supposedly have taken Brooke away from Bill forever. Her drinking and crazy jealousy broke her and Bill up after their remarriage.   So now Brill are married and blissful, Queric are married and blissful (at least for now). And Katie can't stand it.

We've seen this so many times -- Katie can't stand it when other people are happy and she does everything possible to ruin those relationships. Bridget and Nick, Brooke and Ridge. She is forever the dateless ugly ducking little sister who is seethingly angry and jealous other girls have boyfriends. Her goal is to make those other girls pay for being happy. Katie wants them to be as alone and unhappy as she is.

Not to dismiss what Quinn has done with Ridge, but Katie's blackmail and vendetta against Quinn is simply the latest in a long line.  What Katie will never realize is that she is alone because her lemonhead sour personality and nosey nosiness drive people away.

• Love 22
(edited)

I watched yesterday's show and was wondering if that was meant to be a Friday cliffhanger? Are we out of whack scheduling-wise? Katie spinning out of control is a little more interesting than Quinn reverting to her old self but holy cow, she needs to find a man of her own. (I bet LDG has a cousin or something.) Doesn't anyone on this show ever use match.com or eHarmony or whatever single people use these days?

In the real world, Rick and Maya would just offer to pay for a high priced specialist or a surrogate if it came to that so I can't get too excited yet. But oddly, I'm enjoying Rick more than I have in the last few years. I hope he stays the voice of reason.

Edited by tessaray
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

The funniest part was that Katie was offended...offended I tell you...because Quinn told her she's more cut out to be an executive rather than a designer.  How DARE anybody say that Katie should be an executive!

I know, right?!  And, Quinn wasn't exactly honest about that assessment.

That Was a Lie.jpg

• Love 4

I call bull shit. There is no way Katie would have known the gun wasn't loaded unless she had gun training.  She wouldn't even of known if the safety was on or off.  

Katie is off the rails and Maya has no clue. Good times ahead.  IMO, Maya is more concerned about Nicole bonding more with Lizzy than anything else. 

RJ/Coco, Nicole is not a control freak, she's a mom. But, of course they show their age by having no concept of that fact.  IMO, to Maya, Lizzy is just a status figure.  Heaven knows Maya doesn't have to work and could be an at home mom. Also, no nanny required. 

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

There is no way Katie would have known the gun wasn't loaded unless she had gun training.  

Well, if she's qualified to be a CEO, I guess she can be qualified in all things "gun" as well :)

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Well, if she's qualified to be a CEO, I guess she can be qualified in all things "gun" as well :)

I would say more certifiable than qualified. ?

• Love 5
4 hours ago, MulletorHater said:

CountryGirl, your recaps are awesome and never fail to make me laugh out loud!  One of these days, I'm going to hunt you down and send you an invoice for the keyboard I'm going to have to replace after spitting water or tea all over it.

I'll say this on a more serious note.  It was kind of sobering to see this play out yesterday in light of what happened IRL.  Obviously, these scenes are filmed weeks in advance but it was still kind of spooky.  "Poor Katie's" adult life is one filled with grievance.  I don't understand how she is pissed at Quinn's offer to see if she could find something for her.  Didn't Katie all but blackmail herself into this job?

I'm not really here for the Avants, but I had to finally see for myself why Nicole's wig seems to generate more interest on Twitter than her storyline does.  Lord.  All I could think was, who is that pretty girl holding that beautiful baby while wearing that jacked-up wig?  I understand wanting to give your tresses some rest from flat irons, curling irons, and different products.  But, dang.  Given the number of high-end salons in Los Angeles, couldn't somebody in wardrobe hook her up with a decent lace front wig cut, colored and styled just for her?  Instead, it looks like something snatched off a wig mannequin bust at Sally's Beauty Supply.

Honey, you should have seen the monstrosity she had before this week's new monstrosity. it was even worse. And like you said, why the heck can't they find a decent whatever. I'd love to see what's under it, too. She seems too young to have to wear a bad wig all of the time. It really boggles my mind and I know my mother would have some serious words for me if I went on TV like that. As you noted, it's saying something when that wig generates more interest than her storyline and it's not just on Twitter, either.

Julius is a real shit stirrer. It is disappointing to see him enabling Nicole's changing attitude. 

• Love 11

Katie has been going off the rails ever since she was hallucinating Brill making out in front of her last year.  Except for the one session we saw with Dr. Detective Hardon, I don't believe she has been going to therapy. Katie believes she is surrounded and plagued by lying liars who lie.  Quidge are just the most recent ones.  Katie's anger at Brill (and I firmly believe she is furious) is spilling onto Quidge.  Katie, whether she acknowledged it or not, wanted Bill back.  That's why she pushed so hard for Bridge and is soooo OTT that Bridge broke up.  

We all know that Bill was never, ever, ever, never going back to Lemonhead and that Rumple was going to eff-up Bridge somehow. If not with Quinn then some other woman.  But Katie living in La La Lemonhead Land wouldn't or couldn't see this.

So today Katie absolutely thought that gun was loaded.  Based on  the "I Spy  With My Little Eye Through My Telescope" scene today (and didn't that look just like a gun site?)  I don't think today was the last time we'll see Katie with a gun pointed at someone.

I love me some OB and I'm glad he's back even if it's to stir the pot.  But Julius was just being Julius.  Despite his "acceptance" of Maya, I don't believe he's ever been 100% (or even 90%) on board with the transition.  He certainly was not on board with Nicole being Raya's surrogate. Today he just said the same uncomfortable truth Bill said a week ago.  Nicole is Lizzie's mother.

Julius sees Maya as the cause of Nicole's infertility.  Maya wanted nothing but fame and the Forrester fortune until 20 minutes after she married Rick and started in on wanting a Forrester-Avant baby.  Nicole is the collateral damage from Maya getting what she wants and believes she deserves. Witness the request for a 2nd baby nearly immediately after the first, and her lectures to ZZZende to get on board and support her request.

While Rick is sounding like the voice of reason, I'll never forgive the way Raya mistreated and humiliated Aly.  I think their bullying of her was the beginning of her downward spiral.   

• Love 14

I thought the funniest thing (besides Nicole's wig) was Quinn's "What kind of person does that?" style reaction to Katie threatening her life.

Mr. Montemayor is laughing in his grave.

In case anyone is wondering, I do realize Katie is crazy as hell.

• Love 12
9 hours ago, La di Diva said:

I'm just going to put this out there.  Katie being alone is all on her.  She pushed Brill together years ago and they fell in love.  She pushed Bill away the first time because she demanded   he be different and live by her impossible standards. Katie faked a heart attack to stop the "Return from Paris" Bridge wedding, which would supposedly have taken Brooke away from Bill forever. Her drinking and crazy jealousy broke her and Bill up after their remarriage.   So now Brill are married and blissful, Queric are married and blissful (at least for now). And Katie can't stand it.

We've seen this so many times -- Katie can't stand it when other people are happy and she does everything possible to ruin those relationships. Bridget and Nick, Brooke and Ridge. She is forever the dateless ugly ducking little sister who is seethingly angry and jealous other girls have boyfriends. 

Thank you. I agree with this post so much! But I actually think her dateless ugly duckling spiel is a crutch. And intentional one she uses to justify her behavior. (Also she's fairly polished and well groomed and carries herself with confidence; she knows she looks good). I believe, as a mentioned before so pardon my redundancy, she doesn't have an inferiority complex but a superiority complex. She thinks she has a higher moral ground and understanding of relationships and issues that excuse her meddlesome behavior and judgy judgerson ways. 

i think she enjoys conniving and control games and in the moment she rationalizes them to herself with an unreliable memory. For instance today when she was talking about beautiful house with a beautiful man and she doesn't have it but other lesser people like Quinn do. I was like like "What? You had this. Many times! And could very easily again with the right attitude." 

• Love 16

Just to change the subject for a moment, why is Ivy not in a major story line? She's beautiful, stylish, kind and most important, a GOOD actress! TPTB have wasted one of the best actresses on this show and with so many bad ones, that's a travesty. 

• Love 19
4 hours ago, La di Diva said:

Except for the one session we saw with Dr. Detective Hardon,

I'm so mad that didn't turn into something more given the hype we saw online.

True a patient should never hook up with a therapist but there had to be a way around that where Hardon could've eventually made Katie go 'Stallion, who?'

• Love 4

It's clear this whole storyline is fun for HT, and can add to her Emmy reel.  But it is off the charts.  Hopefully we learn something like she is bipolar and needs meds.

Or, maybe she should just take a drink.

• Love 9
21 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

Katie’s got a gun

Katie’s got a gun

Her whole world’s come undone

And working at Forrester is no longer fun

Oh I love your post..... Haha.......  That was my thought when I saw the picture of Katie and the telescope.

• Love 3

No he didn't! Papa A needs to butt out. Having an opinion is fine, but actively working to come between Maya and Nicole is wrong, wrong, wrong, and using a little baby to do it is even wronger. I have no love for Rick or Maya, but they have been good parents to Lizzie, and in truth, Maya has barely been at Forrester since Lizzie's birth, and when she is it is all about her little girl. So I was just slightly furious when Julius was going on about Maya wanting her career more than being a mother, not only because it is a lie, but because it is 2017 and all. Nicole also needs to stop with the nonsense about Maya working. Doesn't girlfriend work? Didn't she come to LA to move up the ladder? Didn't she try to bribe her way to the top? I didn't see Nicole worrying about mothering when she accepted Wyatt's offer of a job in PR. Now, I won't be so hardhearted as to say I don't feel for Nicole; no young woman wants to hear they may not be able to conceive, particularly when they truly want children, but she needs to get a grip or get some counseling. But not from Julius who is clearly pushing his own agenda to bring Maya pain, and to bring her down; the only person who has that right is Ally, and she is gone. 

Dear Lord, Katie thought pulling a gun on Quinn was funny? And Quinn should just get over it? No, Katie is the one who needs to get the fuck over it. Why is all her venom being directed at Quinn anyway. Ridge was just as complicit in this mess as Quinn, but Ridge is sliding by Katie's wrath unscathed except for that dressing down she gave him after returning from Australia. The reality is Katie's anger should be directed at Ridge; he not only betrayed his dad, but Katie's sister too, but Katie has taken a personal affront to Quinn stepping out on Eric as if she was the family Matriarch. This girl is some kinda messed up, and it is all about Brooke and Bill, or maybe just Brooke. Katie is sour. She is never happy no matter her circumstances. And she can never, never, never be happy for anyone else, and certainly can't allow anyone else to be happy. 

And I hate to see Ridge being the voice of reason, but I have to hand it to him for the way he handled Katie. I busted out laughing when Katie justified holding a gun on Quinn because she just got fired; Ridge just cut right to the heart of it though, and put Katie on the spot with owing what she had just done. Her reaction to that, and her moment of clarity, where lost on Katie, because as usual she ran away. And what was that ish at the end? She sees Ridge and Quinn talking and that causes her to go into a full on melt down? Screaming about them being liars? 

Where is Eric? Why didn't Quinn and Ridge go right to him and tell him what had just happened? Since he owns the company I would think he should know that there had been yet another gun attack in the building. Now he will have no understanding of just how off the rails Katie is, and when she comes gunning for Quinn again he may not get the full picture. 

• Love 12
8 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

So Katie has a telescope aimed at Eric and Quinn's home. Yeah, that's so normal. I hope she ends up in a mental hospital.

I find it a little odd that her telescope has a direct line of sight to Eric's home.  

• Love 8

That was just so weird when Ridge made Katie realize exactly what she'd just done and she was like, "Oh, huh ... I'm going home."  ITA that they should have gone straight to Eric. At the very least, called the police. But I guess they can't risk being exposed. Bitter sour Lemonheads definitely needs some mental health intervention ASAP. It was one thing to be concerned for her sister but this out-and-out vendetta against Quinn is just too off the rails. Yessiree Bob, Ridge needs to bear some of the wrath as well. 

I have little interest in Maya and Nicole, so I was just half-watching. I'll perk up from my needlepoint if I hear Viv or Julius but that's about it. Poor Viv. Saying that she could use vacation time from work to help out with Lizzie. Does Julius still not work at all? Also, him inserting a wedge between Maya and Nicole is all kinds of wrong. Regarding care of Lizzie, I've read "it takes a village," but geez ... in this case, it's taking a full f-ing continent!! Maya has Nicole/Zzzzzende, RJ/Coco, Charlie/Pam and Julius/Viv. How many more freakin' people does she need? The kid is less than a year old.

Did Slouchy tell Coco that they were going to go see U2 and she was just like, "Oh, yeah ... OK, whatever." Maybe I misheard. (It would kind of coincide as U2 just announced a big US tour earlier this week.) Also, was Slouchy wearing a tshirt that was printed with a fake rainbow colored tie down the front? Of course, again, I could be seeing things as well as my hearing starting to go! LOL!

• Love 7

All I can say is...WOW...and, here we all thought Gladys Kravitz stopped being "a thing" when Bewitched was canceled.  But the poor, wretched, nosy soul lives forever not only on nostalgic TV reruns, but also on B&B.

gladys.jpg.f451808bd11ea1d39c1c2827a41f213f.jpg

I have to laugh at Sludge.  Does anyone else remember when Kringe were on their high horses about their magical, drama-free and "really cool" relationship?  I hope that Sludge is flashing back to that conversation he had with Bill about exactly how high-maintenance Katie is.  He got a real time glimpse of what life would have been like if he had decided to trade that silly red string in for a real diamond and actually married Katie.  There aren't going to be enough musicians playing in public parks or "pomes" in the world to wash away the image of his former love actually coming thisclose to busting a cap in his current lover's ass.  It seems you really dodged a bullet, bruh!  No pun intended.

It's rather jarring to see Katie being so nonchalant about One-Bullet Charlie's gun being unloaded.  So, what?  On top of everything else, Katie is also a weapons expert and a crack shot?  Well, I'm sure that Storm--if he could talk--would have something to say about that.  Katie all but validated that this was about Brooke and Bill and her ongoing pity party of one.  How dare Quinn ruin everything and stop Brooke from once again debasing herself for Sludge just so Bill couldn't be with Brooke?  Bridge's 666th wedding was supposed to settle everything in Katie's warped mind.  True, she would be alone, miserable and doomed to her own existence but at least Bill wouldn't have Brooke.

Yesterday also confirmed for me that no matter who broke the news to Katie or how the information was given or what concessions would have been given, it wouldn't have mattered.  If Eric had told her, she would have blamed Quinn.  If she found out on Twitter, she would have blamed Quinn.  If she found out by a slow news crawl at the bottom of her TV screen while watching MSNBC, she would have blamed Quinn.  Katie is a walking textbook of contradictions.  On the one hand, she blackmailed and insinuated herself into Eric's confidence.  Now, that it's blown up in her face spectacularly, it's somebody else's fault.  That's why I said she's an emotional black hole who consumes everyone around her with her terrifying rages.  The shocking thing is that these rages aren't fueled by alcohol.  When she's not raging, she's smug, sarcastic and nasty.  Nothing would ever be enough for someone like her.

• Love 14
13 hours ago, Gam2 said:

why is Ivy not in a major story line?

If you like her, be grateful, a major storyline could only screw up her character :)

10 hours ago, bannana said:

Hopefully we learn something like she is bipolar and needs meds.

Wasn't Storm starting to go psycho before he died...to the point where Ashley Abbott had to be warned about dating him?  Maybe they should just go full-blown sci fi and say that Storm's evil heart is making her act this way.

• Love 10
(edited)

I couldn't stop laughing at Katie and her 'poor wittle me' performance.  Katie has been pulling that shit for years.  She's the 'good girl', honest, loyal and true, who always gets disappointed and stepped on by all the baddies of the world.  Katie seems to have forgotten a little of her own history.

Katie stood by and watched while Bill and Steffy tortured her niece.  Liam and Hope might be happily living their lives if Katie had spoken up and told Hope what her husband and his former SIDE PIECE were plotting.  Katie only seems to be about 'family' when donated organs are available.

There were so many times when Katie knew about one of $Bill's plots that would hurt either her family, her friends the Forresters or both.  She claims to love and admire Eric so much but she had no problem with all the time and energy her husband spent trying to hurt him and and family. 

Katie never said a word all those years that $Bill called her sisters everything but a child of God.  I always knew that Bill and Brooke were going to get together from the completely out of bounds way he spoke about her.  On soap operas, a man only talks that way about a woman if he wants to kill her or fuck her.  And $Bill isn't a killer.  Katie KNEW that $Bill was attracted to Brooke long before she arranged her little plot to force them together.  So, even though she was suffering from PPD, I will always believe that she knew what she wanted to do.  Katie wanted to catch them, so she could catch them in their betrayal and hold their 'betrayal' over their heads for the rest of their lives.  That's how Katie operates. 

Katie has used 'Stormie's heart' to manipulate her loved ones ever since it was sewn into her body.  Whenever people are doing something she doesn't like, she clutches her heart and falls to the floor.  She's played Brooke for years that way, always making Brooke feel like she was obligated to give Katie what she wanted.  Brooke and Bill were wrong to conduct an affair behind Katie's back.  It was a betrayal.  They should have been honest about how they felt.  But they were terrified that Katie would DROP DEAD, so they tried to hide their feelings until it all blew up in their faces.  When Katie wasn't using her heart, she was using her child to manipulate.  Have we even seen Will or heard about him since Katie decided to move in on Eric?

Katie has known Eric Forrester her whole life and never showed any interest in him until she found herself alone.  She thought Eric would be an easy target because he was married to psycho Quinn.  She never counted on Eric actually being in love with Quinn.  Katie has shown Quinn nothing but disrespect since she married Eric.  I don't blame Katie for disliking Quinn because Quinn has been a terrible person who has hurt a lot of people and killed a couple at least.  But when Quinn told Katie to stay away from her home and her husband, Katie owed it to Eric to back the fuck off.  Right now Katie is complicit in Quinn and Ridge's affair.  She chose to use blackmail instead of going to Eric from the beginning. 

Katie is lonely and depressed and there's nothing wrong with that.  But she needs to work on her own life instead of trying to steal someone else's.

Edited by mightysparrow
  • Love 17

Recap for Tues. 6/6/17:

We open right where we left off with a shaky, tearful Katie pointing the gun at Quinn. 

Katie.thumb.jpg.f1004357bddc40d9739aeae14b48df2e.jpg

Quinn: "Don't do this...please."

Katie, her voice still that eerie whisper, "Scared?"

Quinn: "Yes."

Katie smiles a creepy smile, then slowly lowers the gun. "Good. That's a start."

Quinn sags against the shelving behind her in relief.

Katie scoffs: "Did you really think I could KILL you?" Hell yes, you, BSC bitch!

Quinn sneers: "You hate me that much...so yeah...I did..."

Katie, all relaxed now, "How did it feel? To be vulnerable...at the mercy of someone else...helpless..."

Quinn looks like she's about to forget she's a kinder, gentler Quinn now and leap over the desk to strangle Katie.

Quinn.thumb.jpg.a8e7ceff7a5f59f77dd43bedfd3f3c4d.jpg

Before she can do exactly that, it's Rumple to the rescue. Because of fucking course it is.

Ridge: "What's going on in her-"

Ridge.thumb.jpg.76b3fecea86575c2ceecac21b5195bcc.jpg

Quinn, shrieking, "Ridge! Ridge! Take the gun! S-she's trying to KILL me!"

Ridge's eyes flick down to to the gun in Katie's hands then back up to her crazed face.

We see some footage of the Arc de Triomphe so obviously we're in Paris now. And still no Brill honeymoon.

Rick is talking to Maya about flying back home and postponing his meetings in Paris until Maya wraps things up and returns home.

Maya thinks that's a lot of unnecessary back and forth.

She then tells Rick she's going to forgo the shoot and fly back home the next day. 

Rick insists she needs to "stick with it" as the campaign is going to be huge and amazing and I have to appreciate his support for his wife and her career here.

Maya talks about how much they miss Lizzie and that watching her is stressing Nicole out. Um, that's not the reason....

Raya.thumb.jpg.4eb00a8b0c1cbb930fb1cf1747e560c5.jpg

Rick: "I thought you said not to worry."

Maya: "Lizzie's in good hands...right?"

We cut to Brooke's house where Lizzie is literally in Nicole's hands. She's showing her a giraffe, but I doubt the giraffe can distract from that awful auburn monstrosity on her head. 

She remarks that it seems an awfully long time for Rick and Maya to be away from Lizzie and the camera pulls back to show Julius and Viv are there.

Viv, trying to smooth things over, "They didn't know it was gonna be this long, honey."

Julius, fanning the flames, "Why does it take days and days to take a few snapshots? I mean, it's ridiculous!"

Viv (echoing me): "Oh HUSH!" I <3 me some Viv.

He gives her a look but does indeed hush - although that'll last about two seconds.

She talks about how excited he'll be to see Maya's picture on a billboard and something tells me, no, he won't, since he will never be okay with her being transgender.

Nicole: "People have different priorities, I guess." Because I am not heartless, I am going to give Nicole a wee bit of leeway here, given she is still reeling from her infertility diagnosis. But I am getting really tired of the message that working mothers don't have their priorities straight. Maya have her faults but she has been a doting, attentive mother who absolutely adores her little girl.

Nicole.thumb.jpg.9e998c2ded9bfd6b81e7ceb0cd34ff1e.jpg

And seriously, what did RE do to piss off the hair and makeup people? Between the oft-mentioned wig and the makeup gun being set to 1980s streetwalker, she looks...not good.

We cut to RJ and Coco in the studio. 

RJ, wearing a rainbow heart T-shirt, is excited to hear that Coco was relieved of her babysitting duties by Nicole and reveals he wants to take her to a concert tonight.

Coco isn't even listening (clearly she's thinking about Nicole).

Coco.thumb.jpg.22c8caf7033e6978c3ca2e27da62389a.jpg

RJ prompts her again and she accepts with a "Yeah, sure." Not exactly the enthusiastic response Slouchey was hoping for. 

He senses her distraction and she confides that she's concerned about Nicole: "She and her sister seem to have very different ideas about how to care for Lizzie." I don't sense any judgment from Coco about Maya here, which is refreshing.

We cut back to Paris where Rick reassures Maya that Lizzie is in good hands. You say that now...

Maya looks torn - she wants to stay and finish their work, but wants to be home with Lizzie. And I have a feeling that her Spidey senses are tingling that something is most definitely up with Nicole.

Rick: "We owe Nicole big time."

Maya nods, then admits, "But I'm a little concerned about her attitude."

Rick agrees and says he's trying not to let him bother him because it's a little disconcerting to him (and bless you for not saying "concerning.")

Maya acknowledges how much she appreciates how much Nicole loves Lizzie. 

Speaking of, Nicole has just put Lizzie down for a nap...I'm surprised she's not standing over the crib, watching her. And we get a full look at Nicole dress and Deb's called and wants it's prom dress circa 1986 back.

Viv offers to babysit so she and Zende can go out, but Nicole declines, saying Zende is busy designing.

Viv asks how Zende took the news about her infertility and Nicole shares how Zende essentially hand-waved her diagnosis away. Julius tends to agree with Zende's take that it's not impossible and I don't think it's wrong to have positive thoughts, so long as they're grounded in reality.

Nicole sums up her feelings: "I saw "impossible" in their' eyes."

We cut back to the design office at FC.

Ridge: "Katie??? What the hell are you doing?"

Katie: "Don't worry, no one's getting shot today." Today??? I swear HT looked like she was going to start laughing. 

Ridge: "No one's getting shot - period." He gestures towards her. "Let me have it." Reluctantly, she lets him take the gun.

Quinn sighs and Ridge inspects the gun: "It's not loaded...you knew that. Tell me you knew that." I don't think she did. 

Katie, all casual, "Of course I knew it." Liar, liar, panties on fire.

Quinn: "BULL!"

Ridge wants to know why she brought a gun in there and Quinn tells him it's Charlie's and spits: "So much for Eric's theory that she'd take the news (of her firing) well." Well, Eric is an idiot who was too much of a pussy to fire Katie himself.

Katie: "I was getting FIRED! How the hell am I supposed to take that?" 

Ridge: "Not by picking up a gun, Katie!" He has a point.

Katie fires back: "If I wanted to hurt Quinn, there are far more effective ways of doing that." She lets that loaded comment find it's mark then sashays out of the office.

Quinn stares at Ridge, tears of hurt, anger, and frustration in her eyes.

Ooo la la, we're back in Paris, with a beauty shot of the Eiffel Tower. I'm going to pretend Bill and Brooke are up there, somewhere. Or, considering Brooke's fall, maybe not.

Maya and Rick discuss how Nicole will get a break that night since Pam's on babysitting duty. Wonder what they'll think when they find out otherwise?

Back in the FC studio, RJ and Coco talk about the Nicole/Maya situation, in particular Nicole's assertion that Maya shouldn't be taking all these modeling gigs when she has Lizzie to take care of. and Nicole's snipping tone with Rick on the phone.

They both agree the situation is weird.

Back at Brooke's, Viv has to leave to go to work but Julius decide to hang back to stir the shit.

59380c9e09f21_Nicole2.thumb.jpg.67279915e34757eb7141c09878c2a753.jpg

Shortly after Viv leaves, Lizzie awakens and Nicole moves to go check on her, but not before Julius tells her how proud she is for taking care of Lizzie.

He lays it on with a trowel: "It really feels good seeing you with that baby...I gotta say it...this situation is really messed up. Maya has a baby - a woman who would rather model and you want nothing more than to have a baby and may never have one. You would make a wonderful mother. I can see it, the way you're taking care of Lizzie. It just isn't right." Way to set back the women's movement about two hundred years, not to mention egging on Nicole.

Back at the design office, Quinn is sputtering on about Katie being insane. Careful, pot...

Ridge is characteristically unconcerned: "It didn't get to that point."

Quinn insists she thought she was going to die but Ridge tells her that while Katie is upset, she would never want to cause her harm. I beg to differ...

Quinn: "Eric has no idea what a loose cannon she is." Well, he apparently has a thing for loose cannons. Ridge promises he'll talk to her.

Quinn worries Katie will out them for having an affair, given she has nothing left to lose at this point.

Ridge: "We're not having an affair."

9764244.gif

Quinn goes into full-on breakdown mode, talking about what if she never got to see Wyatt or Eric again and Ridge actually looks concerned now and pulls her into his arms, giving reassurance that isn't his to give.

Queric.thumb.jpg.d86ad6f1e678f819ad712d93d5470c58.jpg

"Are you KIDDING me?" They turn to look at the now wide-open doorway.

Oh shit - she's back...

593811b7b5aa4_Katie2.thumb.jpg.90b87cc7351efeb736a7f11c7f3d759f.jpg

Katie: "You two disgust me."

Ridge and Quinn babble on about reassurance and Katie is having none of it.

Katie: "Reassurance? For WHAT? You have a job, a husband to go home to what do you have to worry about?" I think it's far less about the job than the husband part...and all roads lead back to Bill. It's why she has been so invested in the Quidge affair. Her crush on Eric notwithstanding, it's all about Bill and Brooke. She knows Ridge fucked her sister over six ways from Sunday for most of their relationship and yet she's pissed at Ridge over Quinn because she wanted GarBridge to reunite? I call BS on that one. She's still hella pissed at her sister (and not undeservedly so) for Bill, so the only reason I can think of for her wanting Ridge and Brooke to reunite this time (vs the time she faked the heart attack) is because she knew Ridge would fuck it up again and Bill might not have been waiting in the wings after another Bridge marriage. Leaving Brooke miserable and alone...Just like her. And ditto for her ex-husband. Because while she might not want Bill anymore, she doesn't want anyone else to have him either. 

Quinn is still yammering on about Katie threatening her over a secret that isn't even true. That isn't even true??? Does Quinn really hear herself? A day ago, she was rolling around ON Ridge's bed, thisclose to sealing the deal.

Katie blasts here and I can't fault her here: "Not true??? Not true??? Lives have been destroyed over this secret that's 'not true.' My sister was supposed to marry Ridge. They were supposed to be happy."

Ridge, bellowing, "Katie!"

He attempts to justify his comforting Quinn but Katie calls him out: "Oh come on! How many lives has she threatened? (I have to admit, it's a fair point). Now she's some delicate flower in need of protecting?"

Not that Quinn's past justifies Katie's actions now but let's not rewrite history, mmmkay, Ridge?

He deflects, asking her to think about what she (Katie) just did.

Katie is quiet then and says she's going home.

Quinn and Ridge stare at each other and the looks that pass between them tell me they thinking they could use a little sexual healing. The fuse is already lit...

Julius is chowing on a sandwich when the phone rings. Nicole is still upstairs with Lizzie.

It's Maya and she's curious as to why her father's there.

Curious, then concerned, when she learns he's helping Nicole watch Lizzie.

Julius dismisses her comment about Pam being slated to watch her and a quickly uneasy Maya asks to speak to Nicole.

Nicole tells Maya she's there and Maya realizes she's on speaker phone.

Maya wants to know what's going on and tells Nicole she wanted to give her some time but Nicole says it's not necessary, then asks, "You coming home soon?"

Maya says they'll be in Paris a few more days and Nicole is all "eh."

Maya brings up Nicole's earlier call with Rick. 

Nicole: "What about it?" Her tone is equal parts annoyed and bored. 

Maya tells her she's worried about her jugging Lizzie and her schedule. Nicole tells her there's nothing to worry about, she can handle it. 

Maya, who I think is seeking to avoid a confrontation over the phone, thanks Nicole for her help and adds: "Tell Lizzie Mommy misses her."

Nicole: "Yeah, I'll tell her." She hangs up.

Back at FC, Ridge asks Quinn if he can take her home and promises to deal with Katie.

Katie is at home, pacing around her living room.

Her crazy eyes stop darting to and fro long enough to fixate on a new "accessory" - a telescope.

Katie: "Maybe I should just do it." Do what? Tell Eric? Kill Quinn? Kill Ridge? Get a life?

RJ and Coco are still chatting about Nicole and RJ chalks up her behavior to being a control freak. Oh what do you know, Slouchey?

RJ reminds her that a concert will be a lot more fun than changing diapers and Coco has to smile at that. He moves to kiss her.

Back at Brooke's, Nicole is holding Lizzie on her hip.

Julius asks if she's told Maya about her diagnosis and she confesses she hasn't -  yet.

Julius: "Don't you think she should know you may never be able to have another child?"

Nicole: "Eventually."

Julius says he understands and then is back to troweling it on, telling her: "As far as I'm concerned, you already have a child." Biologically speaking, yes, but in every other way that matters, NO, she doesn't, Julius! So STFU!

Nicole meekly offers..."I gave birth to Lizzie but..." She doesn't finish the sentence but hey, that's okay, because Julius will finish it for her.

Julius: "Have you ever wondered if this photo shoot was meant to be? Maya living it up in Paris and you here...with the baby that you gave her."

Nicole: "I don't know what you mean."

Julius: "Maybe Maya's living the life she's supposed to and maybe you're doing the same."

Her eyes take on a cray-cray look as she comments on how when she thinks about having kids with Zende, they all look like Lizzie. Oh Lord...

Julius talks about how she's already a good mother and then, the piece d' resistance...he tells her that Lizzie KNOWS Nicole is her mother. And just GTFOH with that noise. Nicole stares at him like this is some kind of epiphany and you can see the wheels cranking away in her head.

We cut back to Katie, who is once again, flashing back to various memories of seeing Ridge and Quinn together...except once again, she did NOT see them kissing on the beach, that was Brooke.

She looks out her window and makes a face, then peers through her telescope to get a closer look.

59381b5199748_Katie3.thumb.jpg.a52d9052d407ce6f432655b66d878948.jpg

She sees Quinn and Ridge outside on the terrace. We get some eerie shots of Quinn in her cross-hairs.

59381b551f5e1_Quinn2.thumb.jpg.f910562ddd7cb71f8aab69c43f35ca3a.jpg

Katie screams: "LIARS! LIARS! GOD, I HATE YOU!"

59381b535bb2b_Katie4.thumb.jpg.33e5024fa5f298fec10a65032dac26c8.jpg

Aaaannnnddd fade to black..

• Love 11

Good grief, this came out of nowhere! Did Quinn's crazy get passed to Katie?

I'm all for having that one character that teeters on the edge, but make it gradual and make it make sense. Even for the obvious Bridge propping tactic it was, Nick's descent into madness about keeping Brooke from Ridge had some line of logic to it. I can somewhat relate because *I've* gone nuts watching those two get together and break up!

But BSC!Katie? Yeah, no.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, mightysparrow said:

Have we even seen Will or heard about him since Katie decided to move in on Eric?

Did he start going to that exclusive preschool that Eric got him into?  If HT doesn't want her son on the show anymore, maybe he'll return as a teen.

• Love 2

Those pictures of Katie from @CountryGirl's excellent (as usual) recap reminds me of something I wanted to mention...I wonder if there's any way to surgically remove her hair and put it on MY head!  My hair is thick, but is in no way, shape, or form that healthy!  

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

Good grief, this came out of nowhere! Did Quinn's crazy get passed to Katie?

I'm all for having that one character that teeters on the edge, but make it gradual and make it make sense. Even for the obvious Bridge propping tactic it was, Nick's descent into madness about keeping Brooke from Ridge had some line of logic to it. I can somewhat relate because *I've* gone nuts watching those two get together and break up!

But BSC!Katie? Yeah, no.

I actually think she's had problems for a very long time and has managed to keep them under wraps for the most part. But I think her meltdown where she was pushing Brooke and Bill together was a lot more than just PPD. Even more recently, that scene where she imagined Brooke and Bill flirting with each other in front of her and she flipped out.

Chick has issues...

• Love 15

All true, but can we maybe like...*not* go from zero to sixty? They did this to Ally, but she was on her way out.  They did this far too many times with Quinn and only by the grace of God and Sofer's talent was the character pulled from edge that was Captive Cabin. And there was Rick...and now Katie.

I miss the Sheila Carters and Emily Stewarts of soapdom...the ones who were just off kilter, but they at least tried to fit in (Sheila) or could own their own shit (Emily, prior to 2005 and becoming dickmatized by Paul Ryan). Tricia Denison on Y&R is another example of going over the top, but there was a HUGE chain of events that led to her trying to bust a cap in Victoria's ass, beginning with Matt Clark's manipulation.

I doubt HT is leaving the show, so what's the deal here? To prop Quinn as the heroine? Because that ship has sailed a long add time ago. Katie pulling a gun doesn't excuse anything she's been doing with Ridge.

• Love 12
26 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Those pictures of Katie from @CountryGirl's excellent (as usual) recap reminds me of something I wanted to mention...I wonder if there's any way to surgically remove her hair and put it on MY head!  My hair is thick, but is in no way, shape, or form that healthy!  

I agree HT/Katie and RS/Quinn looked great in those screencap pics. I am so impressed by their, and others, like Brooke, Ivy, Sally's beauty and style. And some others are oppositesville ??

• Love 5