Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I love Sally and Thomas together...I really do.....but I hate when they act like they had this grand love affair.....they have flashbacks to things THAT JUST HAPPENED !! Oh well, as long as they get back together....I'll be ok and just block out the grand love affair stuff !!

• Love 7

I love that the first scene Liam & Steffy have shared since their wedding reception weeks ago is him telling her how Sally was wronged and pushed to steal from them (not justifying, just saying). I honestly can't figure out where they're going with this. I thought Zende was going to go to Spectra, but Liam might step in to right the wrongs of $Bill. Obviously something will happen, but this is actually not that easy to predict.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, drivethroo said:

We don't know where Sally Jr & em are from, but wherever they're from, they're not from LA/California.  Coco "flew out" to do the Forrester internship and Sally is talking about flying back to where she came from.  However, apparently Sally & Coco were known & close to Sally Sr, Macy & CJ.

Sally & Coco's last name could be Spectra if Shirley never married & Shirley's daughter & Sally/Coco's father never married.

Zende coloring on Fashion Plates does not make him a designer.  If he had been shown to be having an interest in design before last week, I could see him getting miffed at being turned down by Thomas & Steffy.

Sally Spectra was dirty but had a heart of gold.  She never would've forced Macy or CJ to get dirty.  If Macy & CJ got dirty, it was of their own accord, not because Sally forced them to.  That's kind of how Macy was introduced, she was Sally's daughter who went away to college who was polished & poised & clean, everything Sally was not.  Sally also wanted the approval of people like the Forresters...that's how she can play off of Stephanie because she desperately wanted the approval of Stephanie (just like Brooke).

SHIRLEY is dirty and raised her daughter* dirty and is encouraging her granddaughters to be dirty.  She doesn't want the approval of the Forresters because she knows she'll never get the approval of the Forresters.  So there's no one for Shirley to play off of.  The only Forrester she would be trying to get the approval of might be Eric or Ridge.  Eric is generally a kind person so there wouldn't be any feud there.  The only Forrester Shirley could really feud with would be Ridge, unless they have Brooke step into the Stephanie role which wouldn't work.

*Wouldn't it be a trip if they brought back Bobbie Eakes to play Shirley's daughter? LOL

Yes, you hit the nail on the head - that's the huge difference between Shirley and Sally Spectra. Sally did everything she could to keep her kids from getting dirty. That's why she spent a lot of money sending Macy to private schools and college, to make sure that her daughter would fit in with the likes of Forrester. She wanted Macy to have all the opportunities that Sally herself didn't have. Sally was what Stephanie described as a social climber (or maybe a social climber by proxy - she wanted the good life and respectability for Macy more than she wanted it for herself, whereas Macy was always pretty indifferent to wealth and social status and would basically roll her eyes at Sally's efforts, until she happened to fall hard for Thorne). Shirley, on the other hand, seems dead set on making sure that her granddaughters don't rise above their criminal background. She keeps telling them that they are born to steal and that they just have to accept that they are predestined to become criminals.

And isn't it funny that we just seem to assume that Shirley had a daughter, rather than a son? (I am just the same - even though it was never clarified I have always imagined another Spectra daughter, probably because so far, Spectra has been a family of women, with CJ the only Spectra male.) And the thought has crossed my mind as well that it would be fun if they brought Bobbie Eakes in as Shirley's criminal daughter straight out of prison - it would be quite a departure from her old character! (Although I have to admit I'd prefer a Macy return.)

• Love 7
1 hour ago, SiouxBee said:

I love Sally and Thomas together...I really do.....but I hate when they act like they had this grand love affair.....they have flashbacks to things THAT JUST HAPPENED !! Oh well, as long as they get back together....I'll be ok and just block out the grand love affair stuff !!

I think we've seen those same flashbacks at least three times in the past two weeks. This is the most repetitive show -- if they cut the dialogue I've heard over and over and over this could be about an 11 minute show. With commercials. 

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Zende coloring on Fashion Plates does not make him a designer.  If he had been shown to be having an interest in design before last week, I could see him getting miffed at being turned down by Thomas & Steffy.

Zende and Fashion Plates, legit LOL...and I loved those back in the day. I'll bet my "designs" could kick Zende's "designs" ass.

fashion-plates.jpg

2 hours ago, Nancypants said:

Aw! $Bill is having Happy Fun Time with his Legos and Tonka Toys

Boys and their toys.

57 minutes ago, nkotb said:

I love that the first scene Liam & Steffy have shared since their wedding reception weeks ago is him telling her how Sally was wronged and pushed to steal from them (not justifying, just saying). I honestly can't figure out where they're going with this. I thought Zende was going to go to Spectra, but Liam might step in to right the wrongs of $Bill. Obviously something will happen, but this is actually not that easy to predict.

I think we are going to have a White Knight-off between Captain Save-a-Ho Liam, Zende and his designs, and Thomas wanting to keep his lady love in LA.

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 10
34 minutes ago, Videnbas said:

Although I have to admit I'd prefer a Macy return

I don't know how they could pull it off, but if Macy returned not only alive but has hadThorn's secret adult son to rejuvenate his branch of the Forrester family tree and she's been grooming him to avenge her against the Forresters? That would be something. Can she pull an Ashley Abbott and have done a sperm theft somehow?

And she could easily be paired with Bill (to get revenge on Brooke) or bring back Deacon or hell bring back Thorne.

Let this Forrester grandson -call him Alexander - be gay and out and proud but ruthless and not take shit from Rick, Ridge, OR Bill.

Damn, now I really want Macy back. She could really shake up the show.

• Love 8

How much money does Bill have?  He doesn't mention other financing and a building like that got to cost well over a billion dollars. 

Would you actually expect Steffy to give a shit about anyone but herself. Thomas can't have Sally because she dared to challenge her. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

I don't know how they could pull it off, but if Macy returned not only alive but has hadThorn's secret adult son to rejuvenate his branch of the Forrester family tree and she's been grooming him to avenge her against the Forresters? That would be something. Can she pull an Ashley Abbott and have done a sperm theft somehow?

And she could easily be paired with Bill (to get revenge on Brooke) or bring back Deacon or hell bring back Thorne.

Let this Forrester grandson -call him Alexander - be gay and out and proud but ruthless and not take shit from Rick, Ridge, OR Bill.

Damn, now I really want Macy back. She could really shake up the show.

I really like your ideas, I think it could be done with just a bit of suspension of disbelief...

What if Macy was pregnant at the time she had the car accident with Brooke? She would have given birth while hiding in Italy. Suppose there was a dishonest midwife or doctor who claimed the baby was stillborn (due to fetal alcohol poisoning) and stole the child? That would explain why Macy never mentioned giving birth because she would have been too ashamed.

Then of course we only have Sally's word for it that Macy was taken off life support after the chandelier incident. That may or may not have been true. Sally may have got Macy into some clinic where she could have recovered, and then she could have realized that the story of the stillbirth didn't add up, and spent the remaining time searching for the son she lost, finally finding him and returning with him to LA to take charge of Spectra and compete with the Forresters. Maybe Alexander is a talented designer.

Or they could just rewrite poor Aly's death... still upset about that one.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

How much money does Bill have?  He doesn't mention other financing and a building like that got to cost well over a billion dollars. 

Enough to give Katie, what? 500 Million dollars (plus whatever he gave her in their previous divorce settlement) for it not to hurt him.

But that is a good point. What if Bill lost it all and/or the business was in trouble? Adam Chandler, Palmer Cortlandt, and the Quartermaines all faced financial ruin before and then rose from the ashes. That could be a good story for Bill, Liam, and Wyatt if the Spencer empire came under attack and they all had to band together to right it. Then Liam and Wyatt truly could feel like they earned their place in the empire if they helped to restore it.

• Love 6

OMG.

I was going to watch today's show but I can't make it past the first 20 seconds because I keep watching them on repeat.

I think that Lego sequence just made my day. And normally I don't even like Bill, but I have to admit he had me at "beep, beep".

• Love 7

Bill and his playthings made me laugh out loud!  Loved it.  Rewound it 3 times.  DD is on fire lately and I always enjoy $Bill and his boys snarking.

Enjoying the Spectra story.  Lots going on.  Sally & Thomas are excellent together.  Steffy can drink a couple gallons of STFU. Heifer (tm Country Girl) you ain't got no room to talk about anybody else after the shit you've pulled.  Just the stuff I've seen....been watching 4-5 yrs....eclipses every thing they've done.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Enough to give Katie, what? 500 Million dollars (plus whatever he gave her in their previous divorce settlement) for it not to hurt him.

I guess the dating pool for the 1% is really small. So small that they all have to date only each other and their siblings, just like on this show.

• Love 1

Ha! Ha! Bill must have raided Will's toy chest before he went to work. I was kinda hoping to see the little fella in Dad's office being a rapt pupil to Dad's business "tactics."

Here's what I see playing out:

1. Liam or Thomas will come through at the zero hour and pay Spectra's rent to keep the doors open.

2. Thomas will slip Sally's design in to production at FC and it will be the blow-out show-stopper at the fashion show.

3. There will be ongoing tension with Liam and Steffy about telling Thomas the truth about Bill and Jarret.

This could have a lot of potential to keep Steffy tearing her extensions out. There would be obvious conflict with Liam and keeping Sally's design hidden from Fauxdi's eagle eyes could add some comic relief. The pay-off would be blowing Steffy's head off with both barrels here. The money FC would rake in from the sales of Sally's dress would more than make up for what they lost from having their designs pirated. Win-Win for everybody but Steffy -- and Ridge. I'm on board!

Can't you just picture the conclusion of the FC fashion show with Steffy and Ridge on the runway taking bows, then Thomas leads Sally out by the hand to thunderous applause.

And yes, I'd love to see Macy return. What's Bobbie Eakes doing these days? I know she was on AMC ages ago and played a bad girl. The last time I saw here was many years ago on some cable station and she was co-hosting some country music program. She'd be a great addition right now, especially as a new character in the Spectra sisters' mother.

BTW ... does Steffy own clothes in any other shades than black and gray? We get it. She's the villainess. No need to pound over our heads every day.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, grisgris said:

Ha! Ha! Bill must have raided Will's toy chest before he went to work. I was kinda hoping to see the little fella in Dad's office being a rapt pupil to Dad's business "tactics."

Here's what I see playing out:

1. Liam or Thomas will come through at the zero hour and pay Spectra's rent to keep the doors open.

2. Thomas will slip Sally's design in to production at FC and it will be the blow-out show-stopper at the fashion show.

3. There will be ongoing tension with Liam and Steffy about telling Thomas the truth about Bill and Jarret.

This could have a lot of potential to keep Steffy tearing her extensions out. There would be obvious conflict with Liam and keeping Sally's design hidden from Fauxdi's eagle eyes could add some comic relief. The pay-off would be blowing Steffy's head off with both barrels here. The money FC would rake in from the sales of Sally's dress would more than make up for what they lost from having their designs pirated. Win-Win for everybody but Steffy -- and Ridge. I'm on board!

Can't you just picture the conclusion of the FC fashion show with Steffy and Ridge on the runway taking bows, then Thomas leads Sally out by the hand to thunderous applause.

And yes, I'd love to see Macy return. What's Bobbie Eakes doing these days? I know she was on AMC ages ago and played a bad girl. The last time I saw here was many years ago on some cable station and she was co-hosting some country music program. She'd be a great addition right now, especially as a new character in the Spectra sisters' mother.

BTW ... does Steffy own clothes in any other shades than black and gray? We get it. She's the villainess. No need to pound over our heads every day.

I don't think she's currently on any other show. A few weeks ago when Hallmark's Home&Family did a show with the Bold and Beautiful cast she was actually one of the actors present (along with KKL, John McCook, Heather Tom, Karla Mosley, Jacob Young, Darin Brooks and Jennifer Gareis), which was kind of surprising since all the others were current or recent cast members. She spoke very fondly of Darlene Conley at the Q&A.

It would just be so right for her to carry on that Spectra legacy, since she was probably the one who worked the closest with DC all those years. (It has kind of bugged me that everyone at Spectra 2.0 that keeps talking about Original Sally never actually worked with her portrayer.)

• Love 5
(edited)

Except, no Brooke, it shouldn't be about what Bill says or wants; it should be about what you say and want. Instead of "Bill is right; we are committed", it should have been "It is over with us Ridge; I am committed to Bill and I am going to be his wife." I admit that I am worried we will be having no Bill/Brooke nuptials. Brooke seems to weaken to Ridge more each day. If Rumple wants to come over to discuss RJ, business, Eric or something with the family, fine, but Brooke should not be entertaining any romantic overtures, or pleas to rebuild Bridge, from Ridge. She should be shutting that shit down immediately; instead, she is actually listening and debating. I don't like it. Couple that with how annoyed Brooke gets when Bill talks about finding out what the dressmaker did. Brooke should understand that Bill would want to know, and frankly, I am disappointed that she doesn't trust Bill enough to tell him. It almost seems like she is protecting Ridge and not Eric. Now we have her saying that she doesn't want RJ living in a war zone. Why is she saying this to Bill and not Ridge? Ridge is the one who fucked it up. Ridge is the one who used his son to get his Logan back. And the fact that they are "planning" a destination wedding; just like so many times before, makes me all kinds of nervous. I wish they had just went and got married in Australia, because I don't think we will ever see them walking down any aisles or saying any vows. If that is the case, I would rather see Brooke stay alone, or maybe get her cougar on with Wyatt or even Saul, or she could show Charlie how to really make Lemon Bars or LDG how to properly operate a forklift. If she went back to Ridge I think I would be buying a one way ticket to Bell LA and I might not be coming back for a very long time. 

And then we have Steffy making statements like this "In spite of everything, after how Sally betrayed you, you are still in love with her." Can you tell me how many times you and Liam have been married again? How many times you have "almost" been married? What about all those times Liam chose another girl over you? Fauxdilok's is missing the whole entire point. Sally made a bad decision; she did so under duress, and pressure from her Grandmother. However, Sally is essentially a good and decent person, who feels very bad about what she did. And why is that? Oh, because Sally is like a real person; she has a conscious, and can own her actions without sugar coating them, or making excuses, or lying about them, or trying to cover up the truth. When it came down to it, Sally ponied up and took the heat so her little sister wouldn't have to suffer. Unlike you, who would do anything to protect your own hide. Who isn't above lying, stealing, manipulating and killing to achieve your goals. At least Sally had valid and understandable reasons for what she did. In my eyes, Sally is undoubtedly the bigger person here, so Steffy can just shut it about Sally betraying Thomas. 

In any event it appears that our Sally may just be able to handle herself with Fauxdilok's:

ch1.jpg.9bee9c7db352d1af555d0eb854896537.jpg

ch2.jpg.d02b74feb2eabac6cbb22a4f43733de7.jpg

ch3.jpg.4ce52ba98fd570eaf1ee5ed1dc171866.jpg

ch5.thumb.jpg.4d6b3fb0e465580d6fc8d8bdd4216459.jpg

Dudley Do Right In Da House........

That's right, that's right, Liam called it, and Captain Save A Heaux is on the fucking case! Shit is gonna start happening now. Liam seemed perplexed and surprised that his wife didn't want him to spill the beans to Thomas. Well, that might last for maybe an hour or a day, but Liam's inner hero will not allow him to sit on this knowledge. Liam will be a ticking time bomb, just busting at the seams to tell, and hopefully, this will be the first chink in the armor in his marriage to Steffy. I hope Liam eventually understands that Steffy's stance isn't coming from protecting Thomas, so much as it is in saving face. Can I say how happy I am that Liam was the one to get the goods on Bill? I hope he trots right on over to Spectra and does the exact opposite of his wife's wishes. 

There is something so sexy about a big, masculine, total manly man, playing with Tonka trucks and Lego's. And the "beep, beep, beep" was just an added bonus. 

Some of the ideas/SL suggestions on here are so exciting, but I think my favorite is Thomas sneaking Sally's design into Forrester's collection. That would cause everyone to shut up about what the girl can and can't do, and as stated, it would bring FC's a lot of money, and would more than pay back anything they lost. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

"Bill is right; we are committed",

I am so sick of hearing her say that they are "committed".  I wish she'd say "I'm in love with Bill, not you, and I am marrying him."  That would (or should) shut him right the hell down.  But no, she even has to tell Ridge she will always have "feelings" for him.

If Rumple wants to come over to discuss RJ, business, Eric or something with the family, fine, but Brooke should not be entertaining any romantic overtures, or pleas to rebuild Bridge, from Ridge.

Does Brooke not remember the reason her last wedding to Bill didn't happen?

And the fact that they are "planning" a destination wedding; just like so many times before, makes me all kinds of nervous.

This along with the fact that they for some unknown reason have to wait until after the building deal is done.

I would rather see Brooke stay alone, or maybe get her cougar on with Wyatt or even Saul, or she could show Charlie how to really make Lemon Bars or LDG how to properly operate a forklift.

Or show Lt. Baker that there is more to life than chili dogs :)

• Love 8
21 hours ago, SiouxBee said:

What would've worked for me to make me more invested or intrigued by the possibility of Tally is if they had had a torrid weekend romance prior to both arriving in L.A. but the twist being that neither knew who the other was during that weekend romance.

Say Thomas wanted to take a vacation from being Thomas Forrester and met this cure fiery redhead who didn't recognize him on site and who was passionate about fashion and funny and saucy but still finding herself.  For Sally, she's caught between pursuing her fashion dreams and toying with rebuilding the Spectra fashion house but is unsure if she can step into her Aunt Sally's shoes. Her grandmother has been on her like crazy so she runs away to get away from it all and runs smack into a tall, dark, and handsome stranger who also seems to be running from something.

So they run away together. Just for the weekend. Just to have fun. Hot sex and bonding happens. They even help each other get new perspective on their issues and when the weekend is over they say it was nice, thanks for a good time and have a good life. They part to resume their lives but never quite forget that special weekend.

Sally goes home and decides to honor the Spectra family name and reinvents herself as the new Sally Spectra. Thomas resumes his life with a clearer idea of what he wants to accomplish at Forrester.

FFWD to Thomas coming off breaking up with Sasha and losing Caroline who has taken his son to NYC. Steffy is CEO at Forrester so he's been pushed out of the family business too. He's hit rock bottom again until he walks into that restaurant and sees that redhead that he had that great weekend with and he's suddenly hopeful until he learns that she's a) Sally Spectra and b) in a food fight with his sister and c) huh, may actually be the enemy.

Sally is shocked to not only see her weekend fling but to learn that he's actually THE Thomas Forrester, heir to the Forrester fashion house who is Spectra's competition and always caused headaches for her Aunt Sally and Cousin Macy.

Then the show could have (newly created) flashbacks of that weekend as they remember how they were back then and how it felt 'real' to parallel where they are now. Both are wondering which version of the other is true - that weekend or now? Both are drawn to each other because of that weekend but hesitant due to their current responsibilities now. 

So then when these two mope NOW about their great love or connection, you have a bit more to chew on that a handful of present day interactions if they had spent an intense life altering weekend together that they never forgot.

• Love 5

I don't think Grams is supposed to be a direct replacement for Sally Spectra.  I think Sally, Jr. and Grams are supposed to represent two aspects of the original. Sally, Jr. cares about people and has the good heart underneath the brashness while Grams has the physical resemblance and the ruthlessness.

• Love 4

Recap for Tues. 5/9/17:

This was a very, very good episode.

I mean, just the opening scene alone is worth the price of admission.

Big Bad $Bill Spencer is sitting at his desk, happily smashing a Lego replica of SF (and a very colorful and fitting replica) with a shiny Tonka bulldozer.

Spectra_Legos.thumb.jpg.210bbd7aaebcccc787f8938d4fc3eae1.jpg

I laughed so hard at his sound effects - complete with the engine revving and the beep beep. I could die from the cuteness.

Bill_Toys.thumb.jpg.fd1215e2d5560929fa00e976b8f83db3.jpg

Wyatt enters and is all "Seriously?" Lighten up, Wyatt.

Bill, who isn't the slightest bit embarrassed being caught playing with his toys, says: "Oh, this is serious as a heart attack. I've talked to you about visualization, right?"

Wyatt, taking a seat: "Uh-huh."

Bill: "Okay, well, I'm taking it to the next level. I'm not just seeing this in my mind. I am actually creating it. And believe me when I tell you that this will come to pass. By the end of the day, Spectra Fashions will be a pile of rubble." Sorry, Bill, but I think you're going to have to live out your fantasies with your little Lego model for a good while, maybe permanently.

Wyatt remarks that Sally dodged a bullet.

Bill: "Yeah, no prison time, huh, thanks to Forrester."

Wyatt: "Yeah, it's kind of odd Thomas spoke on her behalf." Um, no, it's not, they're IN LOVE, and I'm going to say it now - as much as I like you, Wyatt, I love Tally more. Wyatt just needs to run into Sasha or Ivy needs to realize Wyatt was the one all along.

Bill shakes his head, "I don't think so. I told you they were pretty chummy in Australia. Anyway, good for Sally."

Wyatt, surprised: "That almost sounds like you're glad she's not getting any prison time."

Bill shrugs that off, "I have nothing personal against the woman. She seemed perfectly pleasant. I just want her to get the hell out of my building. And since the civil charges stand, she can't afford to pay her rent. So I'm gonna head over there later with CJ. And take that pesky piece of real estate off his hands."

He steps away from his toys to stroke his phallic tower and says, "Don't you worry, sweetheart...Daddy's about to take you home."

Wyatt changes the subject - briefly - to whether or not he and Brooke have a date yet and like you, @RuntheTable, I have some concerns about Brill wedding attempt #3 being successful.

Bill is too busy admiring his tower and keeps going on and on about closing the deal.

Wyatt reminds him the reason why he's achieving said deal, considering the review he wrote about Sally.

Bill: "You mean the review that Jarrett wrote." 

Wyatt pulls a face, "Well... it was still kind of cold, Dad, you tearing Sally down like that under Jarrett's byline."

Bill: "It was effective. That's all that matters. Now, I want absolute discretion here. Only three people know about this -- you, me, Jarrett. It needs to stay that way." Better redo your math, Bill, because Liam knows.

Sad trombones should be playing as we cut to SF where all the key players are in the midst of packing up shop.

Shirley is still in a bit of denial, remarking that a week ago, they were soaring (because they lied, cheated, and stole).

Sally pulls no punches as she sadly recaps: "Well, we made a wrong choice, and this is the price. Speaking of money, as you know, we can't pay the rent, so CJ is coming by later to pick up the keys." I'm not wild about the black leather vest but I actually really like Sally's outfit today.

Saul pleads with Sally to listen to him and tells her she has nothing to feel guilty about.

Sally gives him a look: "Right."

Saul-Sally-closing-up-shop-BB-HW-300x175

Saul: "No, I mean it, Sal. Nobody forced us on this ride. We all took it willingly as a team. We made decisions as a team. One of those decisions was to go left when we should have gone right, and this is the result. But still it's better than you rotting away in some prison." That's an understatement.

Sally nods, "Exactly where I would be if it wasn't for Thomas."

They discuss how Thomas came through for her with Saul begrudgingly conceding that he "stepped up."

He bemoans Sally's plan to leave town and offers to get in the car with her.

Sally tells him he's being very sweet but that she needs to do this on her own and figure out what's next for her.

Saul, pleading: "You really can't figure that out here?"

Sally: "I promised Thomas I would disappear. I told him I wanted to see him one last time. He said yes, but... I don't know if he'll come."

Over at FC, Steffy and Thomas have picked up where they left of in discussing Sally.

Fauxdi doesn't look half-bad - I agree with those who surmise she's finally laid off whatever she was doing to her face.

Thomas revealed that SF is closing shop and Sally asked to see him one last time.

Steffy: "Are you going?"

Thomas: "Yeah." Suck it, bitch.

Steffy: "In spite of everything, the way Sally betrayed you, you're still in love with her." And that just burns your biscuits, doesn't it, heifer? How she can continue to stand there with a straight face and play the Little Ms. Perfect act when she's anything but is beyond me.

Thomas doesn't answer her but it's written all over him.

Thomas reminds Steffy that Sally had a real shot of relaunching Spectra all on her own until Jarrett's interview killed her confidence. He tells his sister that she's leaving town and he's going to go over there to say goodbye.

Liam comes in and catches the tail part of the conversation and then, Thomas walks out.

Liam's beady eyes are in overdrive: "Sally's leaving?" And I am dying at his forgoing any smooching or other inappropriate office behavior with his "fun, hot" wife because that would get in the way of Captain Save a Heaux's latest mission.

Steffy, haughty as ever: "I mean, what else is she gonna do but shut down Spectra and cut her losses?"

Liam: "Listen, um... what Sally did, stealing from you, that was wrong. I mean, it was a bad, bad decision. But... would you feel any more forgiving if I told you she was sabotaged?" Has he forgotten whom he's speaking to? This chick forgives no one but herself.

Steffy actually surprises me - for the moment, I'm sure it will pass - by asking Liam what does he mean, sabotage?

giphy.gif

Liam: "So, my dad and CJ Garrison have been in talks for, like, months about a real estate transaction."

Steffy, not following, but he's setting the stage okay? "Okay, is that unusual?"

Liam: "No, but the building in question is the Spectra building, and my dad wants the land for his downtown expansion, right?"

Steffy nods: "Yeah, considering the location, yeah, I get that."

Liam: "Exactly. And you know my dad. I mean, it has to be the biggest, fanciest, shiniest, tallest building for the world to see. (AMEN!) The problem is that my dad can't move forward until Spectra moves out, and they weren't planning on going anywhere. So my dad needed them to fail. Do you follow me?"

Steffy: "So it's a conflict of interest, but what does that have to do with Sally stealing our designs?" Quick, someone ask her what's 2 + 2 because I bet she'll say "5."

Liam: "Because my dad pushed her to it. Now, that's just an interpretation, but I believe that my dad is responsible for sending Sally down the path to being a knockoff shop." 

Steffy: "Wait, back up. How did you come to this idea?"

Liam: "When CJ showed up to see my dad about the Spectra building, which, by the way, I had no idea about, Wyatt started acting really weird. Like, he rushed CJ out of the room. He started dodging my questions. And so I started putting the pieces together. Sally stole Forrester designs. Why? Because she believed her designs weren't good enough. Why not?"

Steffy shrugs: "Because of Jarrett's review."

Liam: "Exactly! And so I went straight to the source, and it turns out Jarrett liked Sally's designs."

Steffy, disgusted and dismissive: "No, he didn't. That review was brutal. It was a career ender."

Liam finally gets to the point: "Jarrett didn't write it."

Steffy: "Of course he did."

Liam: "No, he didn't. My dad did."

Steffy: "Why wou--" And the lights are finally on in the house, folks.

bb-recap-592017.png

Liam: "Because he wanted to get the property by sinking Spectra Fashions."

Steffy is thinking, "Oh shit!" right about now.

Steffy: "Bill wrote the review and published it under Jarrett's name?"

Liam: "YEP." 

Steffy: "Have you seen the original?"

Liam: "Mm-hmm. Jarrett said Sally was raw but unique. He said he saw talent and hustle and potential. I mean,  it wasn't a rave, but it was not the pan that my dad wrote by any means. And I'm not even excusing what Sally did at all. I'm just saying hypothetically if she had gotten the encouragement that jJarrett had intended for her, could she have built up a legitimate fashion house? I don't know, because it was my dad's manipulation that sent her down this path, right? It cost you an entire collection. It cost Sally her company. And...and it cost Thomas Sally."

Steffy just sighs and says "I wish you hadn't told me this. This is something Thomas would want to know." And there's the heifer we all know and loathe.

Liam just looks at her and can't believe she doesn't think Thomas should know: "My dad's interference puts a whole different spin on her stealing." It's a complete 180.

Steffy is adamant that Thomas not be told, arguing that while Bill set things in motion, it was ultimately Sally's choice to steal.

Liam, as if he's talking to a five-year-old: "I completely understand that."

Steffy, back on her high horse: "And she's gotten off so easy. She could be in prison right now, but she walked because of my brother. I mean, can't we just let it go?"

Liam: "You don't think that's Thomas' decision to make?"

Steffy: "I think I have just as much right. Sally targeted me. That woman has no redeeming value whatsoever, and I want her gone. I want her out of Thomas' life." So, so many things wrong here. Sally had one bonafide publicity stunt - one - and Steffy gave as good as she got. And no redeeming value? She wouldn't know "redeeming value" if it walked up and bounced off of her lips. As for Thomas, stop trying to channel your grandmother because you will never be in her league.

Liam: "Okay. So then the question is... can you keep this from Thomas forever and live with yourself?" You know, I often get so sick of Liam and his pontificating, but this? Ain't one of those times. Stir the guilt pot, Liam. Stir, stir, stir...and then, when she still won't tell the truth, go spill the tea.

Back at SF, Darlita has broken down in tears.

Sally: "Honey, don't cry." I just love how warm and motherly Sally is, even with folks close to her own age.

Darlita remarks that losing the business hurts, but what hurts far more is losing the four of them, working together every day.

Sally promises to keep in touch as Thomas enters the reception area.

Shirley remembers some small shred of integrity within herself and genuinely thanks Thomas for standing up for Sally with Saul and Darlita echoing her appreciation.

Sally gestures with her head to have Thomas follow her into the office so they can be alone.

We have a cute moment of Saul, Darlita, and Shirley watching them through the glass door and then darting away when Thomas turns around momentarily.

Sally: "Wasn't sure you'd come."

Thomas sadly remarks that he saw the moving truck outside.

Sally, very sad and resigned: "Yeah. Packing up and moving out. I don't know how to thank you, Thomas. If you hadn't spoken up for me, I would be behind bars. But instead, I'm free to go on about my life, whatever that may be."

Thomas is sure she'll land and she makes a joke about landing on her feet vs her butt this time.

She swallows hard and looks up at him, the tears already there: "I asked you here so I could look you in the eye and say it again. I'm sorry. Deeply sorry. I know you may never be able to forgive me, and I don't blame you. It was wrong for me to steal from you and your family. But you came through for me anyway. And I'll always be grateful for that."

Thomas tries to downplay, clearly the reality of what's about to happen is starting to sink in, and he shares that he can't forget what she did.

Well, of course not, and she's not expecting that. She wasn't expecting anything.

He asks about her future plans and she supposes she'll go back to working at the bakery with Grams.

Thomas is astonished: "So you're giving up fashion entirely?"

Sally: "Yeah, I need to stay away from it, at least for a little bit...but, uh, it turns out I had one last design in me. A little tribute to a dream that almost came true. I want you to have it. It's for you. Sally spectra's last... whatever." She reveals it to him and I have to say, looks pretty darn good to me.

Sally_Design.thumb.jpg.96d5af6a1fffdb48b990ad9095a8f7c5.jpg

Thomas: "Sally, this is... this is elegant. It's refined. It's gorgeous. Sally, why did you ever doubt yourself as a designer?

She looks heavenward, trying to keep from crying at hearing how much he believes in her.

Thomas: "This is so good. It's unlike anything you've ever done before. What was your inspiration for this?"

Sally, swallowing her tears: "You...You said it was elegant and refined. It's how you make me feel. Like a Forrester." All the feels here...it's shades of an early Brooke Logan.

Thomas: "Why did you ever doubt yourself? You knew that you could do this. Why didn't you believe in yourself like the way that iIbelieve in you?"

Sally: "Don't think I haven't asked myself those questions a million times."

Thomas: "Change your plans."

Sally: "What?"

Thomas: "Stay. You don't have to leave town. Regroup, find a job for a little while. There's plenty of things that you can do. Just give it some time."

Sally: "Time for what?"

Thomas: "Forgiveness. To figure things out."

Sally: "Are you saying that you could see yourself getting there?"

Thomas: "Yeah, who knows?" And you can see how badly he wants to tell her forgives her. Wait'll he finds out the truth about the review.

Sally is looking at him like dammit, stop making this harder: "That would be wonderful. Even worth staying for." She sighs. "Thomas, even if you could eventually forgive me and all of the Forresters could, I could never forgive myself."

Thomas: "Sally-"

Sally: "No, just forget about me, Thomas. Really, you could do so much better than a fool who squandered the biggest and brightest and best moment of her life. But hey, we had fun, right?" She puts on a smile and the sparkle, though muted, is back in her eyes, because he's here.

Thomas, a ghost of a smile, nods: "That we did."

Sally: "You've given me some really great memories. Like the first time I saw you in the bar. You were so handsome, so... self-entitled." And there's the humor and teasing that he loves.

Sally-Thomas-mix-BB-HW.jpg

She laughs, remembering.

Thomas: "Is that a compliment? Yeah."

Sally: "And then when we literally bumped into each other."

Tally_5_9_17.thumb.jpg.99943cdfc5735effd6a3c9c41b589be2.jpg

Thomas: "We're gonna have to work on that for next time just because I got to protect the moneymaker." He draws an imaginary circle around his face.

Sally rolls her eyes: "Right. Yeah, yeah, yeah."

Thomas: "Yeah."

Sally: "Yeah. And then when you kissed me for the first time out of nowhere."

bold-thomas-sally-kiss-1.jpg

Thomas: I had been building up to that moment for ages in my head.

Sally: "Australia. How magical was that?"

Thomas: "I love that you came."

Thomas-Sally-no-photos-BB-HW.jpg

Sally: "I'm glad I did." She shakes her head. "I'll never forget you, Thomas. For a minute, I was living my dream." Her voice breaks here. "And the best part was it was with you."

She moves to tenderly kiss him.

Sally: "Goodbye, Thomas. I'll never forget you. . ." Her eyes are filled with tears. His eyes look back at her and it's as if he's saying, I could look at you for the next hundred years and it wouldn't be enough. Man, I love these two. 

• Love 12
29 minutes ago, Cool Breeze said:

I don't think Grams is supposed to be a direct replacement for Sally Spectra.  I think Sally, Jr. and Grams are supposed to represent two aspects of the original. Sally, Jr. cares about people and has the good heart underneath the brashness while Grams has the physical resemblance and the ruthlessness.

Actually, that thought has struck me too. Sally Jr is Good Sally. Grams is Bad Sally. It kind of makes sense that they both have the red hair to remind us of the original.

Only I don't really see either character as very much like Original Sally - Sally Jr is too weak, and Shirley is too cruel, and neither is glamorous or humorous enough.

• Love 2
(edited)

Why are they dressing Coco like a 13 year old adolescent with a bow in her hair.  My granddaughter wore a bow, in her hair, almost everyday until she was 12 and then stopped because she thought it looked childish. 

Hold the presses!  Breaking News!  Steffy actually has a conscience!  You could knock me over with a feather. 

Wow!  Thomas rode that Stallion better than Brooke ever could!  

Did someone loose a bet?  Than why would Sheryl Underwood be on the show. Her act is redundant and not funny at all. 

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 8

I a man saving all my ❤️ For the real hw nightmare tonight, but you guys are the best! Nu-Sally is so amazing Thomas is a little boring for her! But I LOVE them! 

The Spencer "boys" were in between my time off and 300 years ago--but I quite enjoy the one (Wyatt?) and his snarky attitude! Liam is cute too but how they apparently fought over that blow-fish bitch is gross. The both deserve better, even if she seems to be getting softer (in face, and heart) I don't understand why she s CEO?! 

And 300 years later KKL looks amazing, vampire! I wish she'd just tell Ridge to back the f**k off and go bang Quinn, already! We allllll know that's where this is headed! I wish my dad was still alive so we could discuss, in his retired years he couldn't get enough of B&B, I made fun of him (football coach and history teacher.....bold & beautiful devotee)! 

• Love 9
12 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

I admit that I am worried we will be having no Bill/Brooke nuptials

At this rate, they'll beat Liam and Hope's high score of failed wedding attempts by Labor Day.

Good God, then what was the point of the last few months? Because KKL was in between business trips for her clothing line? Why can't Brooke take a firm stand one way or the other? She had Bill eating her pie when she was with Ridge and after all the shit he's pulled, he's still around for non-RJ related reasons and Brooke pulls this shit. Lame.

• Love 1
(edited)

Is Show trying to redeem Steffy? Just a week ago they had me feeling sorry for her when Zende was having his tantrum, and now they have her doing the right thing telling Thomas about ReviewGate. I don't know how I feel about this because I can't stand Steffy and I don't want to like her. There, I said it. There are characters that I hate but want to like; take Quinn for instance and Sheila Carter, both horrible in every way, but I always felt there was something deep inside of them. But it came through yesterday just how much Steffy cares about Thomas; she put her feelings aside to help him. I can't ignore that, and have to give Steffy serious props for eating crow and stepping up. But she took it several steps further with not only looking at Sally's work, but saying she had talent. And I was amazed that Steffy had the awareness to draw the comparison of what Bill had done to FC's and what he did to Sally, and how she could identify with what Sally did in order to keep the lights on and pay her staff. 

And Thomas. Wow. He is like a completely different person. And I did appreciate the Misunderstanding Night bone they threw us with Thomas talking about his prior relationships, and how Sally makes him the person he wants to be. Then he is talking about going with her, and where can he even start to look to get back what he had with her. I was completely undone. For once, Thomas is coming across as the leading man's son. Sally has grounded him and given him purpose. PF has been on point for this entire SL; he is so much better portraying a loving partner than a womanizer with a chip on his shoulder. 

WTF is up with Wyatt. I generally love him and Liam, but that stuff yesterday was way different. Sitting at Bill's desk, throwing back liquor, lecturing Liam on business and personality traits. What really got me though was that ending. When Wyatt was saying he didn't have to discuss it with Liam anymore. Wyatt's eyes were dead cold. His smile didn't reach them. It creeped me out. And then I see this:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_bold_and_the_beautiful/video/89076691-54FE-53B8-7998-E9F51DD251A9/the-bold-and-the-beautiful-next-on-b-b-5-11-2017-/

This scares me a lot. I have always liked Wyatt, but it seems like they are darkening this character up a bit. 

Thomas to the rescue and all hilarity ensued. Did Bill actually say something like "I am not going to debate with a chip off the ole halfwit block" and "now he wants to be your knight in shining pencil pants"? Howling I tell you; my Pitties thought I was playing one of our games and howled right along with me! I like how Sally wasn't all shocked and hurt, but looked mad as hell. I would like to see her take the reigns from Thomas and put that bee in Bill's bonnet just to show him that she is not threatened or intimidated by him. I am sure they will use something like Bill backing off or they will press charges for SABOTAGE! I am loving every minute of this soapy goodness. 

Why is that lady from The Talk taking up precious time from an already short program? 

Why would they destroy Coco's cute little Jumper with that silly hair ribbon?

I love the black ensemble Thomas has been wearing. 

Of all Sally's get ups; I dislike this one the most. The black leather vest resembles a straight jacket. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 7

I was also surprised by the unexpected twist yesterday from Steffy. I was absolutely positive that she was going to keep the truth from Thomas and we'd have another go-round of Liam/Steffy/Wyatt. Ugh ... So now, after what went down yesterday, there is really no more reason for Liam to insert himself in Sally's business. Excellent move, though for the writers to start moving Liam out of junior leading man status to be replaced by Thomas. PF is performing much better in a more emotional role (those EYES!)

Sadly, I think that now that Bill's manipulation has been blown wide open that Brooke is going to be deeply disappointed in him. I don't know if it will be enough to drive her away from him and back to Sludge or not. In reality, Bill didn't do anything bad directly to Brooke, so maybe she'll just write it off as "oh, that's Bill ..." and leave it at that. I was pretty upset the other day when she didn't have the guts to tell Sludge to his face that she was done with him.

AFAIC, this sudden turn of events has gotten me more interested in the Spectra SL. I was getting pretty bored with daily badgering from Grams and Sally's guilt, angst and flashbacks from about six weeks of chance meetings and stolen kisses.

Another great zinger from Bill was to CJ and Sally, "Between the two of you, you don't have the business acumen to run a lemonade stand." LOVE DD!

• Love 10
4 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

Is Show trying to redeem Steffy? Just a week ago they had me feeling sorry for her when Zende was having his tantrum, and now they have her doing the right thing telling Thomas about ReviewGate. I don't know how I feel about this because I can't stand Steffy and I don't want to like her. There, I said it. There are characters that I hate but want to like; take Quinn for instance and Sheila Carter, both horrible in every way, but I always felt there was something deep inside of them. But it came through yesterday just how much Steffy cares about Thomas; she put her feelings aside to help him. I can't ignore that, and have to give Steffy serious props for eating crow and stepping up. But she took it several steps further with not only looking at Sally's work, but saying she had talent. And I was amazed that Steffy had the awareness to draw the comparison of what Bill had done to FC's and what he did to Sally, and how she could identify with what Sally did in order to keep the lights on and pay her staff. 

I definitely think the show is trying to redeem Fauxdiloks.  I think Bell finally caught a clue that Steffy isn't as 'cool and edgy' as he thinks, nor is she as popular as he would like.  Steffy had a very loud fanbase back in the Triangle of Doom days and I think it gave Bell the wrong idea about Steffy's popularity.  But Steffy doesn't work well as a stand-alone character.   It was easy to believe that two brothers would fight over Hope because she was sweet and the blonde 'dreamgirl'  Steffy ain't no dreamgirl.  Fauxdiloks needs a female foil to make her more interesting.  The problem is that Sally really is 'cool and edgy'.  Her relationship with Thomas has really caught on.  They're the hot romance on the show.  Fauxdi and Liam's wedding didn't exactly set ratings records and it was days before we saw a scene between the two; I don't think anybody cared.

I feel the exact same way about Steffy as you do @RuntheTable.  I don't like her and don't want to like her.  Steffy has been a nasty piece of work from the very beginning, deliberately trying to hurt people and using her coochie to get what she wanted.  I can't understand why Brooke is the 'slut from the valley' and Steffy isn't the 'slut from Malibu'.  Brooke never set out to hurt anyone; she just didn't care if she did.  Steffy wanted to cause pain and I can't (won't) get past that.  Unlike Rena Sofer, JMW isn't a skilled enough actor to create a character you love to hate.  I just hate Steffy.

One of the worst things about the Spectra storyline is that Steffy killed the person that should be at the centre.  Ally was the perfect alliance between Forrester and Spectra.  Unlike Steffy, she is a TRUE heir to Stephanie and Eric.  And as Darla's daughter, she's also a member of the Spectra family.  It would have been great to see Ally navigating her way between the two warring families, feeling loyalty to both.  Instead, we get Liam shoehorned into a story he has no business in.  I like Liam.  I liked him a lot more before he got stuck with Fauxdiloks.

• Love 9

Recap for Wed. 5/10/17:

Another awesome show...keep it up, TPTB.

We open at SP, where Bill is showing off his favorite toy (no, not that one) to Emmy (aka SS from The Talk) (aka the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad wanna-be actress that I see no reason to be on this show EVER).

Emmy-Bill-skyscraper-talk-BB-HW-300x175.

Wyatt swans in with CJ and Emmy (mercifully) exits.

Bill is practically bursting with excitement: "So, today's the big day. Sally has to come up with that 100 grand to save Spectra Fashions."

CJ, resigned, "Clearly that's not happening."

Bill smirks, "Well, wouldn't you know, as it happens, I have a very handsome, very official Spencer Publications check that covers that 100 grand and the purchase of that property...if you're ready to do business."

CJ doesn't accept the check - yet - telling Bill it's more complicated than that.

Bill: "The hell it is! Count the zeroes, son!"

Wyatt, looks up from playing with Bill's phone: "Huh? You talking to me?"

Bill, annoyed: "I'm not talking to you. I don't mean biological son. I'm talking about 'son-'"

CJ: "They have a valid lease. That's the thing."

Bill: "Which she defaulted on."

CJ: "Exactly, because she paid off her loan to shifty, or shifter, I mean, when the orders first started pouring in. Look, maybe he'll make her another loan. I don't know." How exactly did she pay off the loan? With funds from the orders she won't be fulfilling? Inquiring minds want to know.

Bill: "On a business that's dead? I don't think so." CJ just sighs, hating this. "All right, listen. I get it. I understand. It's family, so it's delicate."

He then offers to show CJ how things are done by inviting him to the eviction and, presumably, CJ will turn over the check then.

Bill: "And you?"

Wyatt: "Huh?"

Bill: "Don't use my phone pretending to be me! Don't do that again!"

He storms off with CJ trailing behind him.

Wyatt, to himself: "I would never...lunch gets here so much faster." He clears his throat, taking on a deep voice, but it's a poor imitation of $ Bill. "Yes, this is Mr. Spencer...I'd like a tuna on ry...." His voice changes back to normal. "Yeah, it's Wyatt. Alison, I just..."

Liam walks in as Wyatt is tripping on his own tongue and asks his brother to order him something and he does (a veggie burger, of course).

Liam wants to know where his father and CJ were headed.

Wyatt: "To pronounce Spectra dead, I believe."

Liam: "Oh. Well, speaking of which, I know what Dad did to sink them now."

But before we can get into this interesting development between the Brothers Spencer, that fucking Emmy returns to the office so she can take some pictures with the phallic tower. Seriously with this shit?

She gets her shots and then leaves (hopefully to never return but I'm sure we'd never be that lucky). Liam picks up where they left off before she so rudely interrupted.

Liam: "You know, there are other sites he could have built this soulless monstrosity."

Wyatt: "He wants what he wants. As do we all. And for the record, the damage was already done before I found out."

Liam: "Did you object? Did you say anything at all?" As if it would have mattered to Bill.

Wyatt: "It's not my job to improve anybody. Did I think it was petty, not very sporting of him? Yeah. But look how it turned out. Spectra was gonna go under without Dad's help."

Liam: "Do you know that? 'Cause I don't. Maybe Sally wouldn't have gone down that path if Dad hadn't have sabotaged her." He reveals his trump card. "And by the way, I told Steffy."

Wyatt: "I'm sorry. What?" At Liam's smug look: "You told Steffy? Dad is not gonna be happy with you." But Liam is the #1 son (even though Wyatt is older) and they both know it.

Liam: "Yeah, well, it's only fair, considering all the misery he's already caused."

Wyatt: "You know, if he fires you, I'm not gonna defend you."

Liam: "He's not gonna fire me. You know why? Because dad secretly likes it when we hold him to a higher standard." Since when?

Wyatt: "I am shaking my head at you. You know why? 'Cause you think everyone is you. Guess what? We're not. I would have done the same thing Dad did. Hell, I would have even done what Sally Spectra did, too." And here I see the darkness looming that others have pointed out - I don't know whether it's to win favor in Bill's eyes or the fact that both of his parents have a tendency to go very, very dark when it suits them. I much prefer happy, laid-back Wyatt to him portraying a pale imitation of the his father, but I'm willing to wait and see how things play out.

They argue back and forth about whether or not Wyatt would really steal designs.

Wyatt: "Yeah. 'Cause a dress is a dress. You pull it over your head, there's two holes for the arms, a zipper up the back, and they're all pretty much made for the same thing -- to be taken off." That last bit was kind of hot.

Liam: "Oh, that's interesting. So how come some are thousands of dollars and others are $19.99?"

bold-liam-thumb.jpg

Wyatt: "Gullibility."

Liam: "Okay, all right, you know what? You and Dad like to pretend that you're so damn cynical, but I know better." He does?

Wyatt: "I'm practical, Liam. There's a difference. Cynical people always say, 'the end justifies the means.' A practical person says, 'the end is the end, so suck it up and get over it.' And since Spectra is gonna be a pile of rubble by the end of the week, I find I just don't have to discuss this with you anymore." Oh, but I think there will be more discussion. A lot more.

Over at SF, Coco arrives to lend support to her sister as the crew finishes packing up. 

The bow in her hair is something I sported once upon a time - in JUNIOR HIGH.

Coco: "Today's the day?" Um, isn't that obvious what with the moving truck and all the boxes?

Sally: "On the bright side, at least no one's measuring me for an orange jumpsuit."

Coco tells Sally she's sorry but adds: "I'm not sorry you showed everyone why I always looked up to you. But I'm sorry you have to put your dreams on the back burner."

Sally remarks that she doesn't think there's any burners left but it was fun while it lasted.  They all applaud at that and Sally adds that it's better to have loved and lost (the business and Thomas). Coco knows how much she loved SF.

She fills Coco in on her plans to rejoin Grams at the bakery. Her little sister looks on, sadly, as she says her goodbyes to Darlita and Saul.

Saul: "Why do I feel like all my great things are behind me?" Buck up, Saul...I think you're luck is about to change.

CJ and Bill enter then: "Oh, you guys are still here."

Shirley, pissed, "We are moving as fast as we can, CJ!"

CJ: "Hey, easy, Aunt Shirley, okay? You know I didn't want it to go down like this."

Sally: "Was I supposed to give you a written notice of something?"

CJ: "Uh, well, either that or the $100,000 you owe."

Bill steps toward Sally, all swagger: "Which is a debt I'm assuming, along with your lease and the building."

Over at FC, Steffy is in her office and can't stop replaying Liam's words about how can she live with herself, keeping the information about Bill's sabotage from Thomas. 

Thomas enters then, all hang-dog, carrying Sally's design, and Steffy is visibly conflicted.

She asks after the design.

Thomas: "Yeah. It's from Sally. It's her goodbye gift."

Steffy takes a look and we can tell from her expression that she's impressed: "Well, you're right. She is something."

Thomas: "She's got vision. I mean, she's clearly got talent." Steffy doesn't disagree - she just gives a slight nod, still looking at the design.

Steffy: "Why wouldn't she rely on that instead of stealing from us?"

Thomas: "Because Jarrett's review sunk them. I mean, how is a first-time designer supposed to come back from something like this?"

He's lost in thoughts of Sally for the moment, then remarks, "she was different."

Steffy: "Sally's different, all right." Watch it, heifer.

bold-thomas-steffy-wed.jpg

Thomas: "The women that I've known, the women that I've been with, I mean, she stood out like crazy. And it wasn't love at first sight, but like the fifth, sixth time, yeah." So a tiny nod to "Misunderstanding" Night, I see, as well as the fact that Thomas has really grown up these past several months and knows what it is to be a loving partner instead of a emo playboy. Interestingly enough, his father still hasn't learned that.

Steffy, sensing the change in him, "Thomas, this is not like you."

Thomas: "It wasn't me. I was the man that I wanted to be when I was with her. God, maybe I should just go with her." Sally brought out the best in him, which no other woman (save some brief hints from his short time with Sasha) has ever done. 

Steffy, horrified: "Thomas, what? No!" She sees that this is very, very real for her brother and knows that she has the power to right a wrong. But will she act in time?

Thomas: "How am I supposed to find that again? Where am I even supposed to start looking?" He just looks so lost and hurt here

Steffy looks at him for a long moment and then sighs, putting her feelings for her brother ahead of everything else. "You know, Jarrett agreed that Sally had promise as a designer."

Thomas, only half-listening: "Why didn't he say that? Every sentence was like a poison arrow."

Steffy: "The Spectra review that ran under his name? He didn't write it. Bill Spencer did." Thomas is floored and she has his full attention now. "Liam found it."

Thomas: "What do you mean, Liam found out?"

Steffy: "Jarrett thought Sally's work was raw and original but very exciting."

Thomas: "So what does that have to do with Bill?"

Steffy, in for a penny, in for a pound now: "Spencer Publications wanted that building. But Bill knew he wasn't gonna get it if Spectra was doing well. So he told Jarrett to write a terrible review. And then when Jarrett came back, he had a mostly positive review. So Bill scrapped it and wrote one himself and published it under Jarrett's name."

Thomas: "So all of this is about a real estate deal?"

Steffy: "It doesn't excuse thievery. But it does make sense why Sally gave up on her work. She was desperate to keep the lights on and make payroll." Well, knock me over with a feather. Fauxdi actually has a heart in there somewhere.

Thomas: "So Sally knew that there was an offer on the building, and how did nobody put it together that it was Bill?"

Steffy: "I didn't know. I just found out today. Liam found out from Jarrett. Look, we can't erase the damage. But if there was a shady plan, it was Bill's, not Sally's. She got caught up in it, and so did we....Thomas, wait! Thomas!" But he's already stormed off and we can all guess where he's heading.

Liam shows up then and reveals she told Thomas the truth.

At Liam's surprised look, Steffy admits: "I had to."

He laughs at that, knowing that she was really adamant about him not knowing.

Steffy: "I know what I said. I wanted this crazy woman out of his life. But she got a raw deal, and I have to remember what Bill did to my family and the company. He doesn't play fair, and you know that." Well, well, well...

I believe someone mentioned the Grinch upthread so this seems appropriate here:

giphy.gif

But let's not go overboard with praise I mean, even a stopped clock is right twice once a day.

Liam catches sight of Sally's design and likes what he sees.

Steffy: "Sally's. Yep. Apparently she knows what she's doing." How's that crow taste?

They remark on how things might have been different had Jarrett's real review been published. 

Liam asks after Thomas and she surmises he went to SF or to SP. He tells her his father is at SF right now ("putting the final nail in the coffin") and she realizes that's where Thomas is.

Back at SF, an antsy Bill is trying to move things along.

bold-bill-spec.jpg

Sally wants to know what to write to finalize the deal and CJ, clearly sorry, tries to suggest something when Bill snots: "You two don't have enough business acumen between the two of you to run a lemonade stand."

CJ, bristling, "Hey, my businesses are doing just fine."

Bill reminds her that she's in breach of contract with CJ so that means she and her staff have to be out by close of business.

CJ apologizes again.

Sally: "Don't. I'm the one that let everybody down. I thought I had talent, but I don't." Oh yes, you do.

Bill: "Oh, come on now. You know what they say. Uh, stiff upper lip, keep your chin up, and all that stuff. You're not the first person to make that mistake. So, CJ, you do have some signing to do. This first page acknowledges receipt of my earnest money. Here is your letter of intent to hand over this derelict building to me and a date with the wrecking ball."

He hands the paperwork to CJ to sign when in walks Thomas. YASSSSSS!

Thomas: "Whatever that is, don't sign it. Sally, you're not going anywhere." He looks Bill straight in the eye and I love it.

Bill is thrown, we can see it, but he covers nicely: "Wow. I mean, that was something. Quite an entrance. A real hero moment for you. Only problem is this is not a damsel in distress. Sally's a ripoff artist, and you were her mark!" Thomas just stares at him like "you are the scum of the fucking earth."

Thomas, undeterred, moves to step closer to Bill: "Is that really how it is, Bill?"

Bill: "You know what? I'm all for young love and videos of dogs and cats getting along. I think it's beautiful. But you're gonna have to take her out for ice cream and consolation later. This is grown-up time!" He gestures to CJ. "Look for the little yellow tabs that say 'sign here.'"

Thomas turns his gaze on CJ: "CJ, I've known you for a long time now. I'm gonna tell you respectfully you're being hustled." Hustled is EXACTLY what's going on here. 

CJ is utterly befuddled: "What is going on here?"

Bill scoffs: "This is ridiculous."

Sally, gratitude in her eyes, "Thomas, it means a lot to me that you're here, okay? But there's nothing here to save. Everything we had you and your family already own, so at least let CJ walk away with something. His only crime was believing in me."

Thomas, eyes on hers, "I believed in you. I still do."

Bill: "Yeah, and look where that got you. Obviously a slow learner like your father." Thomas just laughs because he has the upper hand here. Bill just doesn't know that - yet.

Sally: "Trust me. If I can blame anybody else for going belly up, I would."

Thomas: "Jarrett believed in you, too." His eyes dart to Bill as he taunts, "Didn't he, Bill? He saw the same potential in you that I do." 

Sally, so defeated and resigned, "Let's not rewrite history. We all know that's not what his review said."

Thomas: "That's because he wasn't allowed to say that. You see, Jarrett is the chief critic for Eye On Fashion. Eye On Fashion is owned by Spencer Publications. And Bill here wanted this building for a pet project of his, and so you had to fail. So the decent review that Jarrett turned in was sent to the shredder. And, Bill, you wrote your own glowing review of this, didn't you, for the purpose of having you vacate this building ASAP." Thomas is like a preacher here, building and building on his message, and you can see realization dawn on Sally and CJ and they turn to face Bill who is thinking, "Dammit, who squealed?"

Bill-at-Spectra-building-BB-HW.jpg

CJ, who knows a con when he sees one, "Seriously? Is that true?"

Bill, desperate and full of false bravado, pulls out the $100k check: "You want to know what's true? Dollars and cents. That's what's true. I'm not gonna sit here and debate with some chip off the old halfwit. I mean, a week ago, he wanted your head on a silver platter! Now he wants to be your knight in shining pencil pants! That's what these people do! You want to believe in something, CJ? Believe in money!" Well, Mr. Halfwit Pencil Pants just got the best of YOU because, to quote Bob Seger: "Takedown, shakedown, you're BUSTED." And it's no secret that I adore $ Bill but I also love him getting some much-need comeuppance here. Sally glares at him and you can see she won't take this lying down. And let the record show that Thomas did not rescue her - he gave her the information she needed to rescue HERSELF. 

Thomas: "CJ. Believe in blood. It's thicker than water, and it's thicker than this man's wallet. Sally... you have so much potential, and you have the opportunity to be so successful. You used to know that. Stay here, and I will never let you forget that again." His eyes are loving but oh so serious.

Thomas_Sally_5_10_17.thumb.jpg.05bf87a4ec0b985c5a9cf0a963c094af.jpg

She smiles up at him and you can see her feistyness and determination are back in full force.

Sally_Thomas_5_10_17.thumb.jpg.3121037c339b20cbe99f71045dce774d.jpg

Does this look like a gal who's going anywhere? Yeah, I didn't think so either.

• Love 14
On 5/9/2017 at 8:10 PM, grisgris said:

I'd like to see Puffy wearing the showstopper which *surprise* turns out to be Sally's design.

• Love 5

Zende brought "mommy" to show Ridge and Thomas his new design.  Zende it's not our designs, you have nothing to do with it.  Nicole "us", really.  Marry a Forester and you become entitled by "injection".  Today Zende gets a big STFU. 

Nice to know Thomas has a $100,000 in his checking account.  

Once again B&B has ignored the actual rules for the eviction for non payment of a lease. A tenet cannot be summarily thrown out on their ear. An eviction notice must be given and the process goes threw a court proceeding. 

• Love 11
(edited)

So doesn't this cheque Thomas wrote means he owns or has some legal stake in Spectra? They said he paid their debt.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 3
(edited)

Sure didn't take long for Steffy to revert to form; already backtracking on her decision to tell Thomas. Oh well, I can't really care about that when Thomas is now a investor in not only SFs, but his relationship with Sally. I melted a little at the end there with "What you did for me today was either the most foolish thing I've ever witnessed or... the most kind and generous, romantic thing anyone has ever done for me" and Thomas saying "Romantic? So, you -- you think that I did all this because I still have feelings for you? Come here." And those little cutsie faces they were making at each other? They are just so adorable together. I especially like that they have progressed to this point platonically and have built a good foundation for things to come. PF and CH seem to genuinely like their scenes together; they light each other up, just like Bill lights Brooke up. And I simply love that Thomas is stepping out on his own, being his own man, and making important decisions without going to daddy or granddaddy. And after watching this:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_bold_and_the_beautiful/video/ADD99B64-306E-C61A-FC09-EEAA185E812E/the-bold-and-the-beautiful-next-on-b-b-5-12-2017-/

I have to wonder where we are going here. Thomas is now not only romantically invested with Spectra, but financially. With Big Daddy Ridge telling him what he will and won't do, and who he will and won't associate with? It looks like they are back at the loft, and Ridge is gonna barge in and start insulting Sally. Hopefully it will be enough to push Thomas to tell his daddy to STFU; he is the last person to give advice on who to hang with or to give relationship advise. Couple all this with Zende's desire to design, and I think Thomas is going to walk away from FC's and invest his time and talents in Spectra. I hope so. Cause I would love it to pieces. 

Speaking of Zende; seriously? I can't believe he is still butt hurt over Spectra. I think if Eric Forrester, the founder and creator of FC's can get past it, so should Zende. 

And speaking of Eric Forrester, I can't believe he has been MIA through this whole mess. And Quinn too. So strange. I mean, shouldn't they be there? It seems Zende and Nicole are the only people still working for Forrester. 

It only took $100K to turn ole Shirley around.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 5
On 5/11/2017 at 7:20 AM, RuntheTable said:

This scares me a lot. I have always liked Wyatt, but it seems like they are darkening this character up a bit. 

Maybe his Fuller crazy genes are kicking in.  

All these scenes with CJ make me miss CJ. But I do like that he extricated himself from the turmoil of the Spectra vs Forrester feud.

• Love 4
(edited)

Lately Wyatt is talking, acting and moving like $Bill.  DB is channeling DD very well.  Same mannerisms, attitude etc.  Me likey.  Liam won't be the favorite much longer.  Dad is looking at him as soft lately.

As has been noted Brooke won't be too happy when she finds out what Bill pulled.  Does this mean Bill will postpone the wedding even further?  Just get married and build the damn thing later!  (I actually find that building pretty cool.)

Can Zende and Nicole just have a tragic accident on the Pacific Coast. Highway?  They drag down every scene they're in.

Here's a twist.  Since Wyatt is single he and Darlita run into each other and start dating.  Wyatt hides the relationship from Bill since she is associated with *gasp*  Spectra.

Could be fun......

Edited by OhioSongbird
.....proper grammar are good.....
  • Love 4

Recap for Thurs. 5/11/17:

The show is on a roll, folks.

I'm starting with the good stuff because I can. :-)

We open at FC, with an angry Bill and a determined Thomas facing off. It's the showdown at the SF corral today and the time is high noon.

Bill taunts Sally, telling her: "You can't stay."

Sally, ignoring him, looking at Thomas: "You want me to stay?"

Bill: "Oh, boy. Somebody get me a tissue. All right. You can't stay. This building is being demolished. I have waited long enough. CJ, you backed out of our deal the first time to give Sally a chance. Sally failed. Put Spectra out of its misery. Sign the papers!" 

Thomas, coolly: "Sally and Spectra didn't fail. You sabotaged them, Bill."

Bill is disgusted: "Sabotaged them. This is just like typical Forrester. You try to ride in on your white horse, but it's not a white horse, it's a donkey. You're too late! There's nothing you can do."

CJ tells Sally he's sorry.

Bill scoffs: "You know, I don't get you people." He looks pointedly at Sally. "I mean, I'm getting you out from under this useless pile of rubble, (he glances at Thomas) and I'm putting an end to the company that stole your collection."

Thomas: "They wouldn't have stolen my collection if you hadn't trashed the preview. Jarrett didn't even write that review...you did."

Sally, shaking her head sadly: "It doesn't matter, though, okay? Look, Bill is right. It's too late, Thomas. I can't pay the rent. Spectra is busted. I have no future here."

Thomas: "Sally, it's not too late. And you do have a future. It is just getting started."

Outside Sally's office, Shirley, Coco, Darlita, and Saul are still in packing mode. They speculate as to what's going on inside the office.

A starry-eyed Darlita asks: "You think he came here for Sally? I mean, maybe he's gonna carry her out of here, like in a movie."

I think Darlita's watched this one too many times.

200_s.gif

Shirley: "Darlita, honey, the only thing getting carried out of here are all these boxes."

They keep working, seemingly resigned to their fates.

Back in the office, Thomas confirms that Sally has until the end of the day to make good on the rent payment.

He then asks CJ how much?

Bill snarks: "More than she's got."

Thomas, pointedly: "The number, CJ."

CJ: "$100,000."

Sally shrugs: "See? Look, there's no way. It's pointless. Mr. Spencer gets the building, and Spectra is finished." She watches, stunned as Thomas steps over to her desk and produces a check. "Thomas? What are you doing?"

Thomas signs the check with a flourish, then holds it up: "Making an investment.... ...in Spectra Fashions."

Sally is aghast but touched, "Thomas, you don't have to do this."

Thomas: "It's signed. It's legit."

Sally: "It's $100,000."

Thomas: "It's what you need."

Bill: "This month. What about next month and the month after that and the month after that and the month aft...CJ, we have a deal. Do not back out." CJ is looking to Bill, to Thomas, to Sally, and back again.

Thomas: "Sally has a lease and this check keeps them in this building."

Bill: "Doing what? They don't have a collection. They are out of business, Thomas. And even if you get this clown shop up and running again, nobody's gonna buy their rags. I'm giving Garrison here a chance to get out from under this dead weight once and for all."

Sally, stung: "Hey!"

Thomas ignores Bill and pleads with Sally and CJ: "Sally and CJ, they're family. This place is a lot more than just real estate to them. This is their history. It's their legacy. Sally came back here to rebuild that, and with her talent, she could have given this whole brand an entirely new face. CJ, your mother wanted that. I believe Sally can do it."

Bill: "She stole from you."

Thomas: "Because she thought she couldn't make it because of you."

Bill: "She screwed over you and your family, and you're gonna bail her out?"

Thomas: "Spectra was right on track up until Bill derailed them." He's looking at CJ now. "Give her another shot."

Bill is confident and cocky, clearing expecting CJ to hurry and sign the papers already.

But then CJ pauses...

Thomas, Sally, and me: 

200.gif

CJ: "Sorry, Mr. Spencer. Spectra Fashions is still in business."

Bill is furious and does a dramatic wounded bear exit that does not go unnoticed by the gang packing outside.

If he stopped to think about it, I think Bill would appreciate him taking a page from his own playbook. Although it's probably eating him alive that he was bested (for now) by Mr. Pencil Pants.

Shirley asks, "Where's Mr. Big Bucks going?"

A jubilant Sally reveals that SF is still alive, courtesy of Thomas. She tells them to unpack because they're not going anywhere. All are overjoyed and rush into the office.

Shirley hands Thomas a glass of bubbly: "Do white knights drink champagne?" And while I have been pissed at Shirley's actions, today, I'm warming to her again.

Thomas: "We absolutely do. Thank you."

Sally reveals that Thomas paid their debt.

Shirley, stunned, "Wait. But that was for -- really?"

Sally confirms it was for $100k.

Shirley: "Why would you do a foolish thing like that?"

Darlita, eyeing Thomas knowingly: "Oh, I know why."

Thomas: "I am not afraid of a little competition. Let's just make it a fair fight next time, yeah?"

Shirley: "You're just a wonderful, nice human being."

Darlita thanks him effusively, capitalizing on this golden opportunity to hug him. her hands clinging onto him perhaps a heartbeat too long but Thomas takes it in stride.

Thomas: "Well, you guys got me a raw deal. There was no way I was gonna let Bill Spencer take your business down after what he did.

Shirley: "Wait. What did he do?"

Thomas reveals the review switcheroo, much to the group's disgust. 

Thomas: "He is gonna have to find somewhere else to build his ugly little skyscraper." Somewhere, $ Bill's ears are burning.

Saul graciously thanks Thomas.

Thomas: "Yeah, man. I know how much this company means to all of you guys, how much all of you mean to Sally."

Shirley is glowing with happiness - for the company and her granddaughter: "I take back every rotten stinking thing I said about you, Thomas Forrester -- EVERYTHING! It's a miracle!" She decides to throw some packing peanuts and get the party started with a Conga line, and the gang happily partakes, conga-ing out into the reception area.

Sally and Thomas close the door on the festivities for a moment.

Thomas sits atop Sally's desk: "They're nuts."

Sally laughs: "Yeah. They're mine. Look what you did. I let them down. I took Spectra to the edge of destruction and you brought them back. I know I keep saying this, but I really can't thank you enough."

Outside the office, the champagne is flowing freely.

Shirley remarks that they should have known Jarrett's article was bogus, given he seemed to like Sally's not-half-bad designs at the showing. Saul crows that he knew it all along. Darlita reminds him that Thomas knew it, too. 

Coco: "Personally, I still can't believe what he did for us. Like, he didn't have to tell us what Mr. Spencer did. He could have let Sally believe all the horrible things in that review and let her go to jail, but he spoke up the way RJ stuck up for me. That's integrity. And I just hope everyone here has learned that lesson, too." Okay, you've had your moment up on the soapbox...now, get down and get to celebrating.

Shirley: "Here's to Thomas Forrester and everything he's done for our girl!" They all toast to Thomas.

An amused Sally peeks through the blinds to eye the festivities.

Thomas asks if she needs any help unpacking.

Sally: "No. I think you've done enough, Bucko. We can take it from here." She sits next to him on the desk.

Tally_5_11_17.jpg.cacd830a6c4197c3c63147160003f218.jpg

Thomas: "Oh, no, no. I wasn't talking about me. I was gonna hire somebody." LOL.

Sally: "Oh. You know, I thought it was over, that Spectra was finished and I'd ruined everything." The relief is visible, the weight of the world off those slender shoulders.

Thomas: "You didn't."

Sally: "Yeah, thanks to you."

Thomas: You're not gonna believe this, but it wasn't just me. Steffy is the one who told me about the article.

Sally, her eyebrows raised in disbelief: "Queen Steffy?"

Thomas: "Yeah. She knew I would tell you, but she still thought I should know."

Sally: "Wow. I'm impressed." She laughs, but then turns more serious: "And very grateful."

Thomas, reflecting: "It's weird. That review...it never made sense to me. I mean, I saw your promise as a designer, and, well, now I'm banking on it."

Sally: "I don't know. My confidence took a hit whenever that article came out. The things that it said, that my designs were vulgar, an abomination, and a joke."

Thomas: "None of that was true. Bill Spencer never saw any of your work. That entire article was a lie, okay? Jarrett Maxwell believed in you as a designer, and so do I." Wonder if Bill realizes she could sue him/SP for libel. That kind of lawsuit would more than pay the rent but knowing Sally, she'll let that alone.

Sally: "I want to believe that...that I can still design, that I can realize my dream and why I came to LA."

Thomas: "And why you're gonna stay."

Sally: "I never wanted to leave. I hated giving up. Now I have this chance to create something that's beautiful and honest and genuine. And it's all because of you, because you believed in me. What you did for me today was either the most foolish thing I've ever witnessed ( he adorably bites his lip) or the most kind and generous, romantic thing anyone has ever done for me."

Thomas: "Romantic?" She gives him a look. "So, you think that I did all this because I still have feelings for you?" She narrows her eyes at him and tilts her head, not entirely sure if he's teasing or not and I love these two so much.  

Tally2_5_11_17.thumb.jpg.86103af00d048bca6f3d67b2de44b80e.jpg

Then he whispers, "Come here" and she grins as he pulls her to him for a kiss.

Tally3_5_11_17.jpg.dbe0111f35831f0b0f8e4f2bfc72c5c2.jpg

He pulls back to whisper "hi" and she just smiles. So, so many feels here and I agree with @RuntheTable, how absolutely refreshing to see them slowly build their relationship instead of insta-hopping into bed.

Over at FC, Liam tells Steffy, who is second-guessing herself, that she did the right thing.

Steam_5_11_17.thumb.jpg.24d6a6e99a9ed1b452775d7902380a59.jpg

Steffy: "We'll see."

Liam: "Listen, my dad wrote that article to destroy Spectra. He was trying to stack the deck. Thomas deserves to know what happened."

Zende interrupts them, carrying another design, with Nicole trailing behind him. For backup?

He's looking to show it to Ridge or Thomas but Steffy tells him he can leave it with her because Ridge is in a meeting and Thomas is over at Spectra.

Zende pulls a face like he smells a fart at the mere mention of Spectra. Ironic, considering all signs point to him defecting there.

A wiser Nicole muses that Thomas has feelings for Sally and that's why he over there.

Steffy and Liam reveal the sabotage but Zende doesn't care about any of that, scoffing: "So, Bill wrote a review. So what? One good review is not gonna save Spectra now." Maybe not, but one hefty check for $100k just might.

Nicole agrees: "They can't sell the collection they stole from us."

Zicole_5_11_17.jpg.d09eeef310ce4a8bc15fff557b0f1576.jpg

Steffy: "And nothing can justify what they did. Bill's part in this doesn't get them off the hook. But it does change how my brother sees it. He's gonna think that Spectra was sabotaged." Because they were, heifer, and I knew any warm feelings I had for you would be short-lived.

Liam interjects: "I mean, they were sabotaged. My dad wrote the article in order to bring them down."

Steffy:" And he's gonna tell them that."

Nicole: "Thomas doesn't want Sally to feel like a failure. He wants her to know that she has talent." 

Steffy: "I just thought she was out of his life and he was ready to move on. But all of this information could change everything. And it makes me really concerned about our business... and my brother." Get a life of your own, Puffy.

Zende whines about how the Spectras can't be trusted and again, I can't wait for him to eat the same heaping helping of crow Steffy ate earlier this week. Nicole insists that won't happen again.

Liam, whom I really, really like this week, all but laughs in Zende's nostril-flaring face: "Zende, I promise you, no one's excusing what they did, but you can't ignore what my dad did, either. Think how differently things would have turned out if Spencer Publications actually gave Sally a fair review. She's trying to make her mark as a legit designer."

Steffy snots: "A legit designer wouldn't have used me to get publicity." Again with this?

Liam, restrains from rolling his eyes: "I know."

Zende: "Or send Coco undercover to steal our collection." Kiss Queenie's ass all you want, Zende, she's still not going to let you be a designer anytime soon.

Steffy: "Yeah. We had to sue them. We couldn't let them get away with it. But Liam is right. Bill did have a part in this. We had to let it come out." How magnanimous of you.

Zende: "Well, it doesn't change the outcome."

Steffy: "No. Spectra is gonna be out of business by the end of the day, and Bill Spencer is gonna have his precious skyscraper built." Negative, Ghost Rider.

Speaking of, this is a perfect song for Sally right now. Wonder if Bill would love the title?

Later, Steffy and Liam are alone. and Liam is still trying to reassure her that she did the right thing.

Liam: "You told Thomas the truth. You can't control what he does with it."

Steffy: "I know exactly what he's gonna do with it. He's gonna tell Sally, and she's gonna use it to excuse everything." Sally hasn't made any excuses for her own actions that I've seen.

Liam just laughs at her, the thought bubble above his head, "Oh, you poor, little, rich girl."

Steffy: "Thomas is gonna believe it, because that's exactly what he wants to hear." 

Liam reminds her: "It's his choice."

Steffy: "I just thought they were over. I thought the relationship was done." Mind your business and stay out of your brother's love life.

Liam: "Yeah, well, you did the right thing, and, more importantly...you love your brother too much to keep this from him. So, there's that." He's got her there and she knows it and I do believe she loves Thomas, as much as she's capable of loving anyone outside of herself.

Steffy and what is with her weird baby voice? "Thank you. Ugh. Why does my brother have to be such a superhero?"

Liam chuckles as if to say "don't worry your pretty little head over it."

Steffy: It's so annoying.

Liam: "Well, you know...he's not the only do-gooder in the family. (Pass the barf bag). I'm really proud of you. You know that? And I know it wasn't an easy decision. I know you wanted to protect your brother and the family. And staying silent probably would have been the way to go, but what my dad did was vindictive and selfish, and you know that Sally and Thomas had a right to know that."

She (reluctantly) agrees and lets herself be mollified with a kiss.

At SP, Wyatt is doing his best to channel his father as he grills Jarrett, who is considerably more intimidated by the eldest Spencer brother, calling him "sir."

bb-wyatt.jpg?auto=compress&fit=crop&h=42

Wyatt: "So, tell me, why did you tell Liam that my dad wrote the review of Spectra's preview?"

Jarrett: "Because he did." Simple as that.

Jarrett: "Liam is no fan of the Spectras. I didn't see any harm in telling him about your father's role in their demise."

Wyatt: "Well, he told Steffy."

Jarrett: "She has even reason to dislike the Spectras."

Wyatt: "Who then told Thomas."

Jarrett: "Oh." Now he gets Wyatt's thundercloud expression.

His expression darkens even more when Jarrett reveals that he's relieved that the truth is out there, as he has integrity and was never comfortable with what Bill did. He knows that he could lose his job over this.

Later, an angry Bill strides into the office. 

Bill: "What's wrong with people? I mean, don't they appreciate great architecture anymore?"

Wyatt: "I don't think the building's what they had the problem with, Dad." But Bill is wound up now and there's no stopping him.

Bill: "That kid's a sap, just like his father, running in to save a damsel in distress. Only she's no damsel, she's a rip-off artist who stole his collection along with whatever little bit of backbone he had in the first place. You should have heard him going on about how talented she is, how my review was sabotage. I knew I couldn't trust Jarrett to keep his mouth shut."

Wyatt reveals Jarrett only confided in Liam.

Bill snots: "Oh, is that all? Mr. Eagle Scout. You know how that's gonna turn out."

Wyatt doesn't get why CJ pulled the plug on the deal because he found out about the sabotage. Bill reveals that Thomas saved the day to the tune of $100k.

Bill: "He called it an investment. You want to know what I call it? I call it-"

Wyatt: "Okay. You were about to offer him like 200 times that."

Bill: "Well, he should have taken it, because I'll never be that generous again."

Wyatt: "Well, we all know you're not giving up, right?"

Bill: "On Spencer Tower? This magnificent, sexy beauty? Are you kidding me?"

Wyatt, over the Tower: "Dad, I got it."

Bill: "Never. Thomas didn't save Spectra today. He only delayed the inevitable. Spectra will be a pile of rubble. And when it is, I will take great satisfaction." Don't bet on it, Bill.

Because I'm putting my chips on Sally.

• Love 10

Is Wyatt really older than Liam?  The show has never cared to give them any sort of birth order.  (And this show loves to do just that.  Ridge has called Thorne "little brother" about 500 times.)  Liam and Wyatt just work so well as siblings with no discernible age difference, I don't think about it at all.  They might as well be twins miraculously born at the same time.  More important than who's older is who's known Daddy longer.  And since that's Liam, I always give him the senior position in their relationship.  

• Love 10

Bill and Quinn were teenagers when Wyatt was conceived/born. My understanding is that it was at least a few years later when Liam came along. Not that it matters and IRL, SC and DB are the same age. 

ITA that Liam, having known Daddy $ Bill longer, has the upper hand thus far over his brother.

• Love 5

In my area, the show was interrupted for a White House press conference, so I used that opportunity to catch up on Wednesday's show, which I'd missed. Don Diamont is such a treasure, & he doesn't get nearly enough credit. In a lesser actor's hands, $Bill would be the biggest asshole on the planet, & we'd all hate him (I'm sure some do even now with DD), but to me, DD just adds that charm & wit that makes you almost root for $Bill, even when he's doing something awful. It bothers me that so many other actors get acting accolades for subpar work, when I think DD always brings it, & makes a character that we should hate into a character that we love, even if we don't always love his actions. Just my $.02.

• Love 12

We also got the show overcome by that press conference. I was so looking forward to today's show to see Steffy's face when she learned that Thomas had saved Sally's business. And Ridge's and Eric's. And ZZZZende's and Nicole's (although I don't give a rat's ass what either one of them think about anything on earth). Guess I'll catch up here or on Monday's show. This soap is finally getting interesting after so many years of being boring. Although far behind on commenting on those photos of "Sally", all I can say is WOW!!!! She's in just fantastic, amazing shape. You go, girl!

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

Although far behind on commenting on those photos of "Sally", all I can say is WOW!!!! She's in just fantastic, amazing shape. You go, girl!

Indeed Gam2; I looked our Sally up to find out more about her and she is really quite accomplished. She graduated from a performing arts school at 15 and started college at 16. She had her AA by 18 and went on to major in Psychology. Since hitting Hollywood, she has pretty much worked nonstop including; commercials, voice overs, indie films, a lot of tv shows and modeling. She is also a fitness instructor, and does kick boxing and yoga. In her down time, she writes, paints, does photography, hikes, does motivational speaking, and continues to study Psychology.

I got tired just typing that.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 19

I am too excited about Sally and Thomas, I feel sad for my life! Really, what IS she doing on this show, unfortunately she probably won't last long, I think her star will rise pretty quickly! 

And....Mr. Pencil Pants! LOL!! 

• Love 4

What the fuckety fuck fuck fuck is up with Zende and Ridge? How the bloody hell does Ridge think he's going to be the decider of who Thomas dates and/or loves? I understand him being mad about the investment in Spectra but the way he spoke to Sally today was incorrigible! And what about all of the foolish things that he's done for love in the last half century? What an ass, and I say that as a Ridge fan who hasn't totally forgiven Thomas for what he did to Caroline and breaking up CaRidge, of which I also was a fan. Yikes!

Zende also needs to shut the fuck up. He's more offended than Thomas, who had his heart broken in addition to being robbed. You're a Dominguez, or whatever you said your name was last week, remember? Sit down. Also, if Zende were a better man he might do what Thomas did to save his beloved damselin distress,, but based on his history, he probably would have tried to get it on with Coco, instead. 

• Love 13